Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 14, 2015 1:46 PM

Aug 2014
Parfait! ^.^
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Jul 24, 2015 9:10 AM

May 2014
Hyuse said:
9/10 series.
Amazing episode.
I have a feeling Corbeau is either the mom or the dad depending on if the Dad is actually dead or not. Otherwise it has to be the mom since she did say "she was going back to Las Vegas".

I really enjoyed Magic Kaito 1412, it's a show that's good for anyone but the most enjoyable to DC fans.

Yeah, I'm also really happy about this new adaption because it also helps some people get into DC.

And DC hasn't had anything to help it gain more fans in a while, so I'm happy.

This show was quite something too, really enjoyed it 8/10.

Aug 17, 2015 2:27 AM
May 2009
Enjoyed it. shame it had to end. Again so many things to enjoy from Aoyama.
Can only hope we will see more of Kaitou.
Aug 20, 2015 6:32 AM

Jun 2014
Thanks for the high quality animation A-1 Pictures.......
Oct 27, 2015 7:59 PM

Sep 2015
うわああああああああ~~~!!!!!終わって??? 嘘!!!!!! もっともっともっと怪盗キッドお願いします!\(>o<)ノ
I turn myself invisible.
Nov 8, 2015 10:03 AM

Aug 2014
I WANT MORE EPISODES !!!! IT MUST HAVE EPISODES JUST LIKE DETECTIVE CONAN SERIES' !!!!!!!!!!!

By the way , I think they have to make another special series for Kudo Shinichi-sama's original version also . I love him so much , too .

Shinichi-sama and Kid-sama are just like Sherlock and Arsene , that makes me happy :)
Dec 13, 2015 8:32 AM

Jan 2011
Very good final episode, this is one of the shows that I'll miss. Even though it was episodic it never bored. Basically a slife-of-life in disguise.
Well, well-deserved 8/10, hope it'll get another season.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Dec 30, 2015 6:47 AM

Jul 2012
It was enjoyable but I kind of got bored of the series at the end.

Nice art and animation. Plus, Miyano Mamoru is a plus!
Apr 15, 2016 5:19 PM

Jun 2013
It's a good episodic show but a little boring.
7/10
Apr 18, 2016 12:14 PM

Sep 2010
nice episode,
I guess Corbeau was his mom <.<
Dec 1, 2016 3:29 PM

Feb 2013
Corbeau has to be his father.
May 21, 2017 8:46 PM
Jul 2018
What an amazing series that I have watch! What a thrill I experienced in my 2 weeks, watching this would always make my time very fantastic.

A very big solid 9/10 for this show. I really might go watch Detective Conan as well to continue watching Kaito Kid's magic.

Not to mention, both OP/ED was very very darn good.
Nov 10, 2017 11:49 AM

Aug 2016
I think that Corbeau is Kaito's father. He even uses the same trick that Kaito used in the ep 7, saying that he is a master of disguise and can look like whoever he wants. Therefore, his mother doesn't know how to do magic tricks. She was the Phantom Lady, not a magician.
The plot isn't ruined if Toichi is actually alive, because Kaito still isn't sure about it.
Feb 28, 2018 5:16 PM
Jan 2017
I loved this series but I was dissappointed they didnt find the Pandora jewel kaito was soo desperate to keep from those crooks.
Sep 26, 2020 9:14 AM

May 2008
I figured that Corbeau's "assistant" was Kaito's mom since Corbeau appears outside the window AND they make it pretty obvious it was her during the first appearance (plus stealing gems under the cover of darkness is basically her MO). But as for one who does the magic tricks... that left me perplexed.

I mean, it could have been Jii flying outside (we don't see the old guy until after it's all over). But... Does she know how to do such magic tricks??

Anyway, this wasn't too bad. I guess I got used to the noses over time because I stopped noticing them after ep 10. The best eps were this two parter and the Conan ones.
Aug 7, 2021 2:24 AM

Jan 2008
Okay, so as a disclaimer: I am a long-time Meitantei Conan Fan, have been since grade school. That is why I have a soft spot for Conan and are probably more willing to overlook shortcomings.

However, the Magic Kaito anime didn't really work for me. I do understand that it was launched very early in Gosho's career, but that can't count as an excuse.

Generally, for me, this standalone Anime ruined the suave Kaito Kid of the Meitantei Anime/Manga. He worked so so much better as a character there and I decided, that in my mind, I will only remember that Kaito Kid. XD Getting to know Kuroba Kaito tarnished that Kaito Kid for me, personally.

- The animation was terrible up until Ep. 8 - and I am not even talking about the noses here, it was just sloppy and -- bad. It was absolutely cringey.

- Kuroba Kaito is not a really sympathetic character, really. He is funny at times, yes, but it stops there. His relationship with Aoko is really bland and I don't see any merit in it. They shared like, two or three truly meaningful moments. The rest of the time, he was just an annoying jerk to her (or people in general). The "conflict" of Aoko hating Kaito Kid but crushing on Kuroba Kaito had barely any weight.

- The witch/witchcraft insertion was just weird and I feel like it was meant as comic relief and then Gosho realized he had written himself into a corner. It never went anywhere and Akako just... existed.

- Hakuba was underwhelming as an antagonist. That's why it is only logical that he was mostly forgotten after being introduced.

- Kaito barely deepened any connections with the people around him. One scene with Nakamori-keibou could have gone somewhere - but then didn't. His relationship with Aoko kept being stale and let's not talk about Jii. For that reason, I couldn't connect with Kaito himself, either.

- The background story (Pandora) was rather bland, too. At least, the anime decided to present it at the beginning and not add it in later, like the manga did.

- It is an episodical anime, I do understand that. But the mini stories weren't entertaining enough for me, to keep this show afloat. (Plus, some story lines were downright questionable. "Your mother loves you, that's why she beats you up. Be happy!" Ugh. No. Just, no.) Paired witht the fact, that Kaito didn't evolve, and neither did his personal relationships... yeah, that didn't work for me.

+ I guess I liked the music; his entrance theme was nice and fitting.

+ Shinichi/Conan. Seriously, these were the episodes I enjoyed the most (and that despite the fact that I already knew the plot of the teleportation episodes from MC). He is the antagonist that Kid needs to make him shine and his heists interesting and underlined the mediocrity of Hakuba.

It's a 6/10 for me, but I had trouble finishing it. Magic Kaito is slightly better as a manga read, for me.

Aug 3, 2022 10:41 PM

Nov 2021
I wanna see more of kaito's pov in the 'vs conan', and the rest of kaito kid episode in DC that are not in this anime yet, especially the latest one with Heiji. Season 2 pls

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magic Kaito 1412 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2014

112 by chandu_dsp_13 »»
Aug 11, 2023 8:10 PM

» Which one I should watch first Magic Kaito 1412 or OVAs?

Dupli - Oct 5, 2014

9 by sakurabonx3 »»
Jul 24, 2023 4:39 PM

Poll: » Do i need to watch Detective Conan

ElMudking - Oct 7, 2021

9 by kogori_kogoro »»
Jan 13, 2023 10:50 AM

» Watched Magic Kaito - should I skip certain episodes from 1412?

linnline - Sep 14, 2022

2 by ThatOneMilliGuy »»
Sep 14, 2022 11:17 AM

Poll: » Magic Kaito 1412 Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2015

23 by neeJay »»
Aug 3, 2022 6:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.