Forums
Aldnoah.Zero Season One
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 22, 2014 11:28 AM

Sep 2013
orithyea said:
He was already receiving crap when the anime was a tad past its half lol. I kind of find it funny how the blame immediately shifted to Ubukata after the panel.

To be fair, Urobuchi is called as the Shinigami Writer (死神ライター) in Japan, so some of the people weren't really shocked at their 'deaths' whilst not knowing that it wasn't him who wrote it.

I agree. Personally, I think Urobuchi realized this was a bad show but he put his name on it anyway to get glory from it but he kept himself just vaguely enough involved that he could back out at any time if the viewers realized how bad it was and blame it on the new guy.
Sep 22, 2014 11:45 AM

Jul 2014
chickenonthepan said:
What he said in that interview doesn't mean he didn't include Inaho. You don't understand his point...

Just "his Inaho" and "real Inaho" have different characteristics.

In this tweet, he just call "the protagonist on the Earth side" Inaho, that's all.

You can understand his point as: "I finished the first part with "the protagonist on the Earth side" and "the princess of Mars" falling in love, then "the protagonist on the Mars side" take the princess away".

He used these names because it is easier to relate to...

Ah. Then it is simply highly irrelevant, because charcterisation and plot progression should go hand in hand. I mean, even in fanfiction people try to make these two things work together.

What did happen though is more or less the same only with additional killing. And I like the additional killing. I wouldn't like to see a kitchen-type drama, when one guy drags a girl from another guy.
Sep 22, 2014 11:48 AM

Jan 2014
deadoptimist said:

Ah. Then it is simply highly irrelevant, because charcterisation and plot progression should go hand in hand. I mean, even in fanfiction people try to make these two things work together.

What did happen though is more or less the same only with additional killing. And I like the additional killing. I wouldn't like to see a kitchen-type drama, when one guy drags a girl from another guy.

You forgot how bad the characterization A/Z has? Make sense now? :P

And that's why the new writer add "shocking" plot like this to make it more "appealing".
Sep 22, 2014 11:53 AM

Jul 2014
Keten said:
Whether he wrote the ending or not, it's still silly for him to think we'd care about their relationship. I was actually laughing when Inaho was remembering the scenes he had together with her, like, all 5 of them and NONE were even remotely romantic in the least. They made that legit CPR scene into a romantic kiss in his head. It was really awkward. None of the characters had any chemistry with one another.

And the seagulls dancing scene... I was cringing so hard. It always pops up inappropriately in the middle of some bloody catastrophy.
I think Slaine has all the chemistry he needs. >< He is yandere, so one-sided chemistry is fine by him.
On a more serious note, there're some pairings I really like. I'd like Marito to end up with a girl. Inko x Inaho looked fine too - they work together nicely in a battle.
deadoptimistSep 22, 2014 11:59 AM
Sep 22, 2014 11:54 AM

Sep 2011
TheIMF said:
Inaho x Asseylum is whack.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
Sep 22, 2014 11:59 AM

Jul 2014
chickenonthepan said:
You forgot how bad the characterization A/Z has? Make sense now? :P

And that's why the new writer add "shocking" plot like this to make it more "appealing".

Yep, I edited out a long rant about it from my previous comment.
I think that such a light-hearted formal approach to writing is really bad. If it is a collective thing, then, please, have enough decency to check for characters' integrity and proofread it until at least some logic starts to form.
Sep 22, 2014 11:59 AM

Sep 2013
deadoptimist said:

And the seagulls dancing scene... I was cringing so hard. It always pops up inappropriately in the middle of some bloody catastrophy.
I think Slaine has all the chemistry he needs. >< He is yandere, so one-sided chemistry is fine by him.
On more serious note, there're some pairings I really like. I'd like marito to end up with a girl. Inko x Inaho looked fine too - they work together nicely in a battle.

So when he remembered the seagull scene... Was his blank stare at her supposed to signify that he liked her?

Inaho is the Keanu Reeves of anime. Lmao

Nah... They didn't have enough scenes together for me to buy a romance even between the ones that did have some sense of chemistry... No focus on the characters ruins any and all romance possibilities.
Sep 22, 2014 12:03 PM

Feb 2013
laldonkaments said:
So this basically confirms that both are alive? Oh c'mon, that disappoints me no end...

Same, l mean l was sure Inaho would survive but the princess? l think is pointless...we have seen her "almost get killed" like two times if she survives now...and in my opinion i think she is kindda useless now..

Sep 22, 2014 12:04 PM

Jul 2014
Keten said:
No focus on the characters ruins any and all romance possibilities.

Can't agree more.

Keten said:
So when he remembered the seagull scene... Was his blank stare at her supposed to signify that he liked her?

Come on, he was even smiling!
Sep 22, 2014 12:45 PM

Jul 2010
Keten said:
deadoptimist said:

On more serious note, there're some pairings I really like. I'd like marito to end up with a girl. Inko x Inaho looked fine too - they work together nicely in a battle.

Inaho is the Keanu Reeves of anime. Lmao

Nah... They didn't have enough scenes together for me to buy a romance even between the ones that did have some sense of chemistry... No focus on the characters ruins any and all romance possibilities.
Well, Urobuchi stated that Inaho in the final version was different than what he initially wrote for him, so we can assume that if the series was gonna end with a romance, then the romance would've been fleshed out more in his version.
Sep 22, 2014 12:55 PM

Apr 2011
Well if the Princess is alive wouldnt see be in some wheelchair seeing how she got paralyzed.
Sep 22, 2014 3:05 PM

Jan 2009
good that Inahao and Asseylum survived
Sep 22, 2014 4:24 PM

Jan 2014
Inaho x Asseylum for end of ep12?!
Yeah I'd ship that.
Sep 22, 2014 4:45 PM

Jan 2014
Oiacz said:
Inaho x Asseylum is as nonsense as the main character dead. They dont match together. Their interaction isnt even in a "friend level."
And the situation doesnt ask for a romance by an author who doesnt know how to write romance.
It would be the same forced thing like Nasu's Shirou x Saber in Fate route.

Yeah but still it happened, forced or not...

But the main reason I posted this is to point out that this is just a trap to lure viewers into debates. Why we have a shipping war here? ...
Just_ChickenSep 22, 2014 9:02 PM
Sep 22, 2014 4:52 PM
Aug 2014
FUUUUCK. And Psycho-Pass is fucked? FUUUUCK. I CAN'T EVEN!!!
Sep 22, 2014 5:16 PM

Dec 2012
Wow leave it to the butcher to one up it all and plan NTR.
Sep 22, 2014 6:57 PM

Oct 2007
Keten said:
Hmm... So Urobuchi did technically write the basic scenarios for everything? Twists and such... So he wrote the whole convenient arm hitting entrance to dock thing? Also the whole, Inaho not picking up Slaine after shooting him down just for the sake of making the plot go on longer?

How much exactly did he outline... I know he wrote the first 3 episodes but he apparently did do the outline for the rest of it, were those his fault?

Either way, characterization was never his strong point anyway... If he was in charge of characters, they might not be as bad as they were but they would not be much better in all honesty... Plus, the episodes he did write weren't good either, they were just as bad as the rest of it in my eyes.

Whether he wrote the ending or not, it's still silly for him to think we'd care about their relationship. I was actually laughing when Inaho was remembering the scenes he had together with her, like, all 5 of them and NONE were even remotely romantic in the least. They made that legit CPR scene into a romantic kiss in his head. It was really awkward. None of the characters had any chemistry with one another.

Also, confirmed by his words that this was supposed to be a NTR mecha series. *facepalm*

Clearly the answer is obvious, Urobuchi wrote all the parts of the show that were well received singlehandedly while all the parts that were criticized were Aoki and Takayama.
Sep 22, 2014 7:05 PM

Oct 2007
Keten said:
orithyea said:
He was already receiving crap when the anime was a tad past its half lol. I kind of find it funny how the blame immediately shifted to Ubukata after the panel.

To be fair, Urobuchi is called as the Shinigami Writer (死神ライター) in Japan, so some of the people weren't really shocked at their 'deaths' whilst not knowing that it wasn't him who wrote it.

I agree. Personally, I think Urobuchi realized this was a bad show but he put his name on it anyway to get glory from it but he kept himself just vaguely enough involved that he could back out at any time if the viewers realized how bad it was and blame it on the new guy.

I had been saying since day one that I figured the producers just had nothing special planned but wanted to see if they could make some easy money (One of the Aniplex producers even had a quote that was something like, "I feel that when aiming to make an original popular hit anime the best genres to start are magical girl and robot anime") so they just paid every hot topic otaku name in the industry to contribute something to the show regardless of whether they were really a good fit for the show and had any particular great ideas and I'm sticking to it even now. It just struck me as so blatant and was a warning sign to check my expectations. This show was always just a big budget cash grab with little else on the producers minds.
Sep 22, 2014 7:09 PM

Nov 2008
I'm glad Urobutcher didn't entirely get his way, I'd drop the series if it was NTR. I wish that Asseylum was killed, the story would've been better off with her dead.

Sep 22, 2014 7:14 PM

Mar 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Keten said:

I had been saying since day one that I figured the producers just had nothing special planned but wanted to see if they could make some easy money (One of the Aniplex producers even had a quote that was something like, "I feel that when aiming to make an original popular hit anime the best genres to start are magical girl and robot anime") so they just paid every hot topic otaku name in the industry to contribute something to the show regardless of whether they were really a good fit for the show and had any particular great ideas and I'm sticking to it even now. It just struck me as so blatant and was a warning sign to check my expectations. This show was always just a big budget cash grab with little else on the producers minds.

And here I thought Urobuchi came up with this scenario and actually wanted to do something with it, but was pulled away by Kamen Rider and forced to leave it in the hands of others...

How silly of me.
Sep 22, 2014 7:24 PM

Sep 2014
Shipping InahoXAssey since the start.

I'm definitely not disappointed, Inaho remembering his moments with her was simply glorious.
Sep 22, 2014 7:35 PM

Jan 2014
Kaioshin_Sama said:

Agree with you on this.

That's why I'm trying to tell people this ending is only for the sake of creating shocking scenes to keep people talking about the show.

People are talking these "deaths" too seriously, and unavoidably fallen into their trap.

Just wait and see this turn out to be an asspull.

However, as a student learning marketing, I have to admire the way A1 doing business with A/Z. They are insanely successful. They know exactly what they are doing.
Sep 22, 2014 7:40 PM

Jul 2013
i haven't read through episode 12's discussion thread. however, i don't understand why people are raging with inaho and asseylum's death since most people don't care about them as characters. is it because out of the 3 of the mcs, the worst character (slaine) is still alive? if this is the case, there's no need to worry since in his tweets, urobutcher implied that inaho and asseylum are still alive.

it's hard to believe that inaho and asseylum were supposed to end up as a couple before slaine ntred them. they literally had no romantic scenes together which made inaho's "romantic scene" flashbacks about asseylum out of place and awkward to get through. you have this unemotional guy have these skewed romantic flashbacks that aren't romantic at all in reality and you don't feel much sympathy for him because up to this point, you couldn't relate to him at all. then again, maybe urobutcher's original plan might have worked if inaho didn't have the emotional range of a stick.

i see next season as a more in depth view of yandere slaine's unrequited love story/ love triangle featuring mechs and more dysfunction between mars and earth. i don't expect much from this upcoming season since it seems that a lot of thought hasn't gone into it like many people thought it would have from the creators
Sep 22, 2014 7:42 PM
Oct 2012
orchidork said:
i haven't read through episode 12's discussion thread. however, i don't understand why people are raging with inaho and asseylum's death since most people don't care about them as characters. is it because out of the 3 of the mcs, the worst character (slaine) is still alive? if this is the case, there's no need to worry since in his tweets, urobutcher implied that inaho and asseylum are still alive.

it's hard to believe that inaho and asseylum were supposed to end up as a couple before slaine ntred them. they literally had no romantic scenes together which made inaho's "romantic scene" flashbacks about asseylum out of place and awkward to get through. you have this unemotional guy have these skewed romantic flashbacks that aren't romantic at all in reality and you don't feel much sympathy for him because up to this point, you couldn't relate to him at all. then again, maybe urobutcher's original plan might have worked if inaho didn't have the emotional range of a stick.

i see next season as a more in depth view of yandere slaine's unrequited love story/ love triangle featuring mechs and more dysfunction between mars and earth. i don't expect much from this upcoming season since it seems that a lot of thought hasn't gone into it like many people thought it would have from the creators

Urobuchi's initial plan had Inaho with a different personality, I think.

This still works, under the view that Inaho does have an emotional range, he just controls and doesn't show it.
Sep 22, 2014 8:02 PM

May 2012
FIREF0X said:
chickenonthepan said:

This new writer just want to dramatize things and create cliffhanger...

I can guarantee that both Inaho and Asseylum are alive.

Why must you torture me so?

Lol jks, I thought so. The new writer is using the cheapest tricks in the bag to keep this series going resulting in the mess that this anime is.

Honestly the ending was the only decent thing among the rest of the mediocrity. It would of been better if they stuck to it rather than use a cheesy cliffhanger to bait people to watch the second season in which the supposedly dead characters conveniently come out alive.

Again? Ranting about the mediocracy of the series and STILL here. Honestly are you just trolling? I made a joke about this last time but dude seriously, either admit you love the series or go away. It's annoying
Sep 22, 2014 8:23 PM

Oct 2007
chickenonthepan said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

Agree with you on this.

That's why I'm trying to tell people this ending is only for the sake of creating shocking scenes to keep people talking about the show.

People are talking these "deaths" too seriously, and unavoidably fallen into their trap.

Just wait and see this turn out to be an asspull.

However, as a student learning marketing, I have to admire the way A1 doing business with A/Z. They are insanely successful. They know exactly what they are doing.

Aniplex are for sure geniuses of marketing and managing viewer expectations, they have absolutely no equal and it's made them the most successful publisher in the industry by a considerable margin. They've made this marketing expertise into a successful business model where they can basically all but skip around things that traditionally involve making a TV show actually good because lets be honest today's anime watching audience is shallow and has pretty damn low standards and the less you give them to bitch about and the more you keep them distracted with flashy stuff and the idea that they're watching something epic and defining the better you're likely to do.

They've pretty much perfected the formula of keeping hype and expectations at just enough of a level to turn a tidy profit without having to do any work beyond that and they have pretty much a monopoly on all high potential popular licenses to exploit as well. From a business standpoint it's the ideal for investors and key staffers cause they don't have to work all that hard (not really the same for the animators at A-1 though and their legendarily brutal work conditions that earned them a Black Company award for bad business practices) and can still become big shot names since Aniplex are basically kingmakers with the financial backing they have from Sony. They've made the likes of the key staff on Aldnoah.Zero into the biggest most recognizable names in the industry at this juncture in a little over 3 years. However, and this is a very big however, from a creative standpoint and making series that will stand the test of time and criticism beyond maybe a year max they're IMO the worst thing to happen to the industry this century and are probably going to be the death of the potential for anime to be anything more than just a commercial enterprise and mediocre albeit expensively priced form of entertainment. I can't say I'm really looking forward much to the future of anime with their model as the ultimate template for success. It kind of makes Dai Sato look completely right in his rants about the state of things and how he feels the industry is headed for a creative crash.

Incidentally though most people don't know or care about these sorts of thing we're talking about cause they just aren't aware of it or how to see it despite it being really transparent from where I'm sitting, but that might be because I took a lot of media and critical thinking courses that taught me how to become aware of these sorts of things and how to be market savvy from a consumers perspective. In any case this is why you have people latching onto things like coupling and pairings and debating whether the characters are alive or dead while we're talking about this sort of thing lol
PeacingOutSep 22, 2014 8:28 PM
Sep 22, 2014 8:26 PM
Aug 2011
Gah worst pairing!

chickenonthepan said:
"If you're ahead [of Psycho Pass], it is not my fault if someone also dies in Psycho Pass 2! It is Ubukata-san's."[/b]

excuse me?
Sep 22, 2014 8:28 PM

Mar 2013
parfaited said:
Gah worst pairing!

chickenonthepan said:
"If you're ahead [of Psycho Pass], it is not my fault if someone also dies in Psycho Pass 2! It is Ubukata-san's."[/b]

excuse me?

He's not writing Psycho Pass 2.

Nor is IG animating it, apparently, which is weird because they were the ones who announced it...
Sep 22, 2014 8:35 PM
Aug 2011
fst said:

Nor is IG animating it, apparently, which is weird because they were the ones who announced it...

Yeah I know he's not but all the new things i've seen about PP2 are looking really shady.
Sep 22, 2014 8:43 PM

Mar 2013
parfaited said:
fst said:

Yeah I know he's not but all the new things i've seen about PP2 are looking really shady.

The whole damned season is looking pretty shady. I mean, PP2 changed writers and studio, LH2 changed studios to DEEN, PA works is making a show that doesn't appear to be set in really scenic countryside, thus basically guaranteeing it to be shit since it's literally all they're good for, Amagi Brilliant Park supposedly doesn't have the blessings of the original reator due to disagreements with the director or something like that, etc.
Sep 22, 2014 8:51 PM
Dec 2010
orchidork said:

People are furious because they know chances are high that Inaho and Asseylum are not dead. Which means Asseylum has already "died" 3 times and might be dying a few times next season.
Sep 22, 2014 9:10 PM

Jan 2014
@Kaioshin_Sama: Your post is very educating. I appreciate it. :))

scytheavatar said:

People are furious because they know chances are high that Inaho and Asseylum are not dead. Which means Asseylum has already "died" 3 times and might be dying a few times next season.

Sadly, that's not it.

The people you say are really small potion who actually can see though this cheap trick.

The majority are blaming a certain character whose action makes no sense. But that's the trap the writer created. People are too focus into: "no, 2 times already, this time it must be real", but don't ask themselves: "could it be that they play this trick again?".

The debates are amusing though. One aspect I likes about anime forums. In fact, I'm really into it sometimes. But this time, to me, it's too obvious to debate about. :))
Just_ChickenSep 22, 2014 9:18 PM
Sep 22, 2014 9:32 PM

Mar 2012
orithyea said:
chickenonthepan said:
先にいっとくとサイコパス2期で誰か死んでも俺のせいじゃねぇから!冲方さんだから!」 

The Psycho-Pass thing is also about how whatever happens is not his fault - it's Ubukata's.
Just to make it clearer, this roughly says: "If you're ahead [of Psycho Pass], it is not my fault if someone also dies in Psycho Pass 2! It is Ubukata-san's."
先にいっとく=先に言っておく: to say something in advance. Nothing to do with anyone being ahead of Psycho Pass. The actual meaning is more like Saying this in advance, it's not my fault if someone dies in Psycho Pass 2! It's Ubukata-san's!
Sep 22, 2014 11:39 PM

May 2012
Moronic whiners.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Sep 22, 2014 11:42 PM

Oct 2007
chickenonthepan said:

scytheavatar said:

Sadly, that's not it.

The people you say are really small potion who actually can see though this cheap trick.

The majority are blaming a certain character whose action makes no sense. But that's the trap the writer created. People are too focus into: "no, 2 times already, this time it must be real", but don't ask themselves: "could it be that they play this trick again?".

The debates are amusing though. One aspect I likes about anime forums. In fact, I'm really into it sometimes. But this time, to me, it's too obvious to debate about. :))

Pretty much it's a pointless discussion that distracts from the shows far greater problems like it's borderline complete lack of character development and giving one a reason to actually care or be invested in the conflict that is playing out bloody, chaotic and melodramatic as it may be. There's also very little in the way of back story and what little there is really doesn't weigh all that much into what is happening the long run. Nothing about this show really fits together in it's first cour in a way that feels quite right and honestly if this show had aired a decade ago when the fandom wasn't quite so well.....I really can't say anything nicer than just plain dumb....I just can't see how it could possibly have made much of an impact. Heck I couldn't even see it doing so if it aired in Fall with more competition in the Action/Mecha department and I think it was a really smart decision planning wise at least to have it just skip over that season into Winter, though by the time it's back on air and some of the 2 cour series in Fall are overlapping into Winter it'll be curious to see how it can hold up.

I don't know I just want people to be honest, like do you really care who lives or dies in this anime and if you do have someone you do why and what lasting and meaningful impact do you think it would make on you as a viewer or on the story and the rest of the cast if you did based on where the show is right now in it's narrative? This isn't a trick or challenge to a fight or something, I'm just genuinely curious to here what people have to say on this topic and if they can understand it.
Sep 23, 2014 12:05 AM

May 2011
Kaioshin_Sama said:
chickenonthepan said:

Sadly, that's not it.

Pretty much it's a pointless discussion that distracts from the shows far greater problems like it's borderline complete lack of character development and giving one a reason to actually care or be invested in the conflict that is playing out bloody, chaotic and melodramatic as it may be. There's also very little in the way of back story and what little there is really doesn't weigh all that much into what is happening the long run. Nothing about this show really fits together in it's first cour in a way that feels quite right and honestly if this show had aired a decade ago when the fandom wasn't quite so well.....I really can't say anything nicer than just plain dumb....I just can't see how it could possibly have made much of an impact. Heck I couldn't even see it doing so if it aired in Fall with more competition in the Action/Mecha department and I think it was a really smart decision planning wise at least to have it just skip over that season into Winter, though by the time it's back on air and some of the 2 cour series in Fall are overlapping into Winter it'll be curious to see how it can hold up.

I don't know I just want people to be honest, like do you really care who lives or dies in this anime and if you do have someone you do why and what lasting and meaningful impact do you think it would make on you as a viewer or on the story and the rest of the cast if you did based on where the show is right now in it's narrative? This isn't a trick or challenge to a fight or something, I'm just genuinely curious to here what people have to say on this topic and if they can understand it.

Well I liked Inaho since i like composed, cool headed MCs even though not alot of them out there. And it was at least different from what we normally get from a mecha where the mc gets the op mecha and still gets his ass kicked (and at the end wins). Honestly the ending they went for with A/Z doesn't really fit at it's place and I wouldn't be suprised if the rating will drop with the 2nd season.
Sep 23, 2014 12:28 AM

Jan 2014
maybe he (gen urobuchi) will also feel upset .. when all question aimed him.
Sep 23, 2014 12:31 AM

Oct 2007
AntonyRedgrave said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

Well I liked Inaho since i like composed, cool headed MCs even though not alot of them out there. And it was at least different from what we normally get from a mecha where the mc gets the op mecha and still gets his ass kicked (and at the end wins). Honestly the ending they went for with A/Z doesn't really fit at it's place and I wouldn't be suprised if the rating will drop with the 2nd season.

Why do people consistently think this and come out with this argument. I really truly think people need to actually watch more of the genre and they'll see that it's really just a bad generalization that they're basing Inaho being a "different" character. Sorry but it's just kind of maddening to me as a long time fan of the genre cause this idiot MC in an OP mecha thing is just not as common as everyone thinks it is and usually when it is it's because it serves some purpose for allowing character development while Inaho doesn't get any because he's seemingly already at the end of it and is apparently determined to be the perfect hero according to the shows logic and outlook.

Well in any case why is it you like cool composed MC's and what makes Inaho stand out to you within that category if anything? Is there anything else in particular you like about him or is that pretty much it for now?
Sep 23, 2014 2:06 AM

Nov 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:
AntonyRedgrave said:

Why do people consistently think this and come out with this argument. I really truly think people need to actually watch more of the genre and they'll see that it's really just a bad generalization that they're basing Inaho being a "different" character. Sorry but it's just kind of maddening to me as a long time fan of the genre cause this idiot MC in an OP mecha thing is just not as common as everyone thinks it is and usually when it is it's because it serves some purpose for allowing character development while Inaho doesn't get any because he's seemingly already at the end of it and is apparently determined to be the perfect hero according to the shows logic and outlook.

Well in any case why is it you like cool composed MC's and what makes Inaho stand out to you within that category if anything? Is there anything else in particular you like about him or is that pretty much it for now?

Because its much more entertaining than see a character do nothing but cry, even though it is suppose to be objectively great. Seeing that you rate every gundam series to be 7-10 out of 10, I can kind of relate to it. But the problem is not everyone likes a character to be whiny brat for the first half of every series and which is why this guy and I occasionally enjoy protagonists that are cool headed and confident like for example, Sora in No Game No Life. Granted that these characters will not be liked by everyone, but they are fun in their own and individual way.

As for this series with respect to the mecha/war genre as a whole it is just somewhere above average but its not that great since that will ultimately depend on what they do in the second cour. I am still turned off by gundam age so i am happy with what i got here. Nevertheless, people are free to like and not like what they want so long as they do not make themselves look like immature dicks. I am actually glad that you commented here in a respective manner since you were infamous among the forums previously and honestly really annoyed a lot of other users ( myself included), so thank you for doing that :)
Anime gave me more life lessons than school
Sep 23, 2014 2:17 AM

Oct 2007
zerriet said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

Because its much more entertaining than see a character do nothing but cry, even though it is suppose to be objectively great. Seeing that you rate every gundam series to be 7-10 out of 10, I can kind of relate to it. But the problem is not everyone likes a character to be whiny brat for the first half of every series and which is why this guy and I occasionally enjoy protagonists that are cool headed and confident like for example, Sora in No Game No Life. Granted that these characters will not be liked by everyone, but they are fun in their own and individual way.

As for this series with respect to the mecha/war genre as a whole it is just somewhere above average but its not that great since that will ultimately depend on what they do in the second cour. I am still turned off by gundam age so i am happy with what i got here. Nevertheless, people are free to like and not like what they want so long as they do not make themselves look like immature dicks. I am actually glad that you commented here in a respective manner since you were infamous among the forums previously and honestly really annoyed a lot of other users ( myself included), so thank you for doing that :)

Okay but again how does that make him a particularly good and memorable character. People continue to spend all this time on what he's not instead of what he is and what makes him particularly interesting. Could it be that there's nothing really to describe about his character beyond the things people just keep saying over and over with regard to what he does and what he doesn't when it comes to fighting?

Also I think you should watch more Gundam instead of just perpuating a stereotype because you'll find what people seem to hold to be absolute truth about the genre as just entirely full of crybaby characters in OP mech is not at all true. Most Gundam shows aren't that simplistic either that that's all they'd give one to talk about character wise. I guess just either people haven't actually sat down and watched more than Seed or possibly any Gundam at all because other than those options I really cannot figure out where they're getting this idea of what most Gundam series are like from yet they insist on stating it over and over again in threads despite having absolutely no idea what they are talking about clearly. And they're going to keep on doing it and I'm going to keep on telling them that it's pretty much BS.

Realistically though I think so much could be solved if more people would actually sit down and try a Gundam series out some day. I don't know why people are so clearly averse to it yet seem to have so much to say yet not say about the franchise at the same time.
PeacingOutSep 23, 2014 2:29 AM
Sep 23, 2014 2:36 AM

Apr 2008
Kaioshin_Sama said:
zerriet said:

Okay but again how does that make him a particularly good and memorable character. People continue to spend all this time on what he's not instead of what he is and what makes him particularly interesting. Could it be that there's nothing really to describe about his character beyond the things people just keep saying over and over with regard to what he does and what he doesn't when it comes to fighting?

Also I think you should watch more Gundam instead of just perpuating a stereotype because you'll find what people seem to hold to be absolute truth about the genre as just entirely full of crybaby characters in OP mech is not at all true. Most Gundam shows aren't that simplistic either that that's all they'd give one to talk about character wise. I guess just either people haven't actually sat down and watched more than Seed or possibly any Gundam at all because other than those options I really cannot figure out where they're getting this idea of what most Gundam series are like from yet they insist on stating it over and over again in threads despite having absolutely no idea what they are talking about clearly. And they're going to keep on doing it and I'm going to keep on telling them that it's pretty much BS.

Realistically though I think so much could be solved if more people would actually sit down and try a Gundam series out some day. I don't know why people are so clearly averse to it yet seem to have so much to say yet not say about the franchise at the same time.

Could you stop doing your underhanded propaganda with your every single post? The more I hear you talk about how awesome and more complex gundam is the less I like it. Your constant hammering of the same message ad infinitum is annoying to high hell.
Sep 23, 2014 2:47 AM

May 2009
fst said:
parfaited said:

The whole damned season is looking pretty shady. I mean, PP2 changed writers and studio, LH2 changed studios to DEEN, PA works is making a show that doesn't appear to be set in really scenic countryside, thus basically guaranteeing it to be shit since it's literally all they're good for, Amagi Brilliant Park supposedly doesn't have the blessings of the original reator due to disagreements with the director or something like that, etc.

It's still same staff as first season of LH, just animators changed, not like Satelight animation was great.
Mizushima is directing Shiroboko and he is great on comedies.
And that rumor about ABP is bullshit because Gotoh and Takemoto are BFFs.
Sep 23, 2014 2:52 AM

Oct 2007
Darklight0303 said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

Could you stop doing your underhanded propaganda with your every single post? The more I hear you talk about how awesome and more complex gundam is the less I like it. Your constant hammering of the same message ad infinitum is annoying to high hell.

Could people maybe just listen for a change and actually acknowledge the things I'm trying to point out and then maybe I wouldn't have to drive my point across all the time? It's not like I feel like doing this, it'd just be nice if once people were considerate enough to acknowledge the things I'm trying to point out to them or maybe you know take an interest in them and have a discussion about them. Does it just not work that way anymore in this fandom? Like instead of just getting all knee jerk personal, completely avoiding the subject, claiming that me trying to explain something I actually know what I'm talking about in regard to to other people so that they don't have the wrong idea is propaganda, or continuing on as if nothing has been added to the conversation....listen......and to others too not just me. If a community can't do at least that much or have a meaningful discussion and exchange of ideas then I really can't think of any reason why it needs to exist.
PeacingOutSep 23, 2014 2:59 AM
Sep 23, 2014 3:02 AM

Sep 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:

In terms of Inaho, while I can respect that people want a different type of protagonist... That does not make Inaho a good character at all. He is boring... IMMENSELY boring... There is nothing to him.

As you said, people focus on what he's not instead of what he is. Why do they do that? Because there isn't anything else to talk about in terms of his character. He is as 1-dimensional as it gets. On top of that, the show has such poor character focus and fleshing out that he's barely a character to begin with...

I get that what people like about him is the whole, "He skips the bullshit and gets things done." Yes, okay, that can make things go faster but that doesn't have any depth to it. The "bullshit" is personality and fleshing out, thus, if you skip the bullshit, there is nothing left. If we can't get to know his likes, dislikes, goals, motivations and the layers of such, then he has next to no personality portrayed at all. Development is impossible if he has next to no personality, on top of that, he doesn't even have a backstory yet. Maybe he did survive the shot, maybe he will be alive in season 2, but guess what, they already announced that it will focus mostly on Slaine in the next season. So does that mean Inaho will get his personality and backdrop only AFTER he stops being the main focus? That is stupid as hell writing. Why bother focusing on a character who only "does things", you might as well just follow a robot.

Emotionless/Heavily Stoic characters are fine... but they gave Inaho absolutely nothing to work with. He had no mentality besides, "Get shit done" and no personality besides "Get shit done". That's his entire character and it's boring.

An example of a good stoic main character would be Ping Pong's 'Smile', he is a very stoic person however he isn't the only focused MC, they give attention to the fact that he is robotic, they give reason for it and they develop it and even make it symbolic. Even then the character from Ping Pong still had more personality to him because he still had emotions and outbursts, he just had more difficulty expressing them and they wrote it very well.
Sep 23, 2014 6:21 AM

Jan 2014
Aldnoah is an anime for entertainment, nothing else.

Some people like the characters and we can't blame them for that.

Some people dislike the character and has more insight, we can't blame them for that either.

This is the matter of personal taste.
Sep 23, 2014 6:38 AM

May 2013
Well, at least Urobutcher said himself that Inaho and Asseylum couple is canon but get shipwrecked by Slaine. I don't blame him.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Sep 23, 2014 6:41 AM

Nov 2013
Keten said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

In terms of Inaho, while I can respect that people want a different type of protagonist... That does not make Inaho a good character at all. He is boring... IMMENSELY boring... There is nothing to him.

As you said, people focus on what he's not instead of what he is. Why do they do that? Because there isn't anything else to talk about in terms of his character. He is as 1-dimensional as it gets. On top of that, the show has such poor character focus and fleshing out that he's barely a character to begin with...

I get that what people like about him is the whole, "He skips the bullshit and gets things done." Yes, okay, that can make things go faster but that doesn't have any depth to it. The "bullshit" is personality and fleshing out, thus, if you skip the bullshit, there is nothing left. If we can't get to know his likes, dislikes, goals, motivations and the layers of such, then he has next to no personality portrayed at all. Development is impossible if he has next to no personality, on top of that, he doesn't even have a backstory yet. Maybe he did survive the shot, maybe he will be alive in season 2, but guess what, they already announced that it will focus mostly on Slaine in the next season. So does that mean Inaho will get his personality and backdrop only AFTER he stops being the main focus? That is stupid as hell writing. Why bother focusing on a character who only "does things", you might as well just follow a robot.

Emotionless/Heavily Stoic characters are fine... but they gave Inaho absolutely nothing to work with. He had no mentality besides, "Get shit done" and no personality besides "Get shit done". That's his entire character and it's boring.

An example of a good stoic main character would be Ping Pong's 'Smile', he is a very stoic person however he isn't the only focused MC, they give attention to the fact that he is robotic, they give reason for it and they develop it and even make it symbolic. Even then the character from Ping Pong still had more personality to him because he still had emotions and outbursts, he just had more difficulty expressing them and they wrote it very well.

I see what you mean and i actually agree with it to some extent. Yes there should be a structure and a background to explain a character and such. However after some thought about it, I realized that Inaho might not be as bland as people might think him to be, even though this is just my opinion. What Inaho has that most other protagonists do not is that his emotionless personality is that it allows me to ponder about his inner thoughts and conflicts, it makes me wish to see what will happen next and the moment where everything just comes out. The problem nowadays is that even though development does happen for a character, they are sometimes too direct about it. If they were to say the entire series ends here, then i would agree that Inaho has poor character overall, but because there is a season 2, I would argue that his character has not exactly failed just yet. It is just hanging on a very thin thread since he still has room for development. I would also like to further add that i am glad his character wasnt shoehorned as much as most emotionless Stus ( Tatsuya from mahouka) This is just my 2 cent.

@Kaioshin_Sama, i think there might have been a slight misunderstanding. I have watched many gundam series and have tremendously adored them. Heck, i give credit to gundam seed for introducing me to anime in the first place and allowing me to realise that even though it is good by itself, there are many better gundam series out there such Unicorn and 08th MS team. What i stated however was that many series often recycle the same protagonists, meaning that even though there is development and the character is objectively good, it loses impact because i have seen this type of character before. This is just my honest opinion
Anime gave me more life lessons than school
Sep 23, 2014 6:42 AM

May 2011
SweetCoconut said:
Well, at least Urobutcher said himself that Inaho and Asseylum couple is canon but get shipwrecked by Slaine. I don't blame him.

It would have been canon if he was the one doing the ending, but it wasn't him.
Sep 23, 2014 6:43 AM

May 2013
AntonyRedgrave said:
SweetCoconut said:

Who was it again?
The world shall know the truth soon.
Sep 23, 2014 6:49 AM

May 2011
SweetCoconut said:
AntonyRedgrave said:

Who was it again?

as stated in the very first post:

Urobuchi Gen: "Aldnoah's final episode isn't my fault." "In my original scenario, the final episode saw Inaho and Asseylum 'becoming lovers' before she gets taken away by Slaine."

"If you're ahead [of Psycho Pass], it is not my fault if someone also dies in Psycho Pass 2! It is Ubukata-san's."
AntonyRedgraveSep 23, 2014 6:53 AM
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

2123 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 9:01 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

319 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 1:22 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

474 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

837 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

715 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 2:10 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.