Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 16, 2014 11:38 AM

Jan 2011
the animations seem to be not as sharp as the previous seasons, i may be wrong since they were quite a while ago...

so the boy with a gundam servant grown up and defeated the strongest warlord, and Date lost so fast?
Jul 16, 2014 6:09 PM

May 2011
Yessss! They're doing this right
Jul 19, 2014 2:37 AM

Feb 2011
the animation isnt bad but i prefer the older one :( and i feeel confused with the history lol. i have seen them all an dplayed sb 3 so this is confusing
Jul 26, 2014 5:41 PM

Apr 2014
Now that's Sengoku Basara. I'm really happy FUNi decided to (at last!) upload this. Three weeks late is better than nothing, I guess.

After the mediocre Bakamatsu Rock, it's s. refreshing to have the right amount of off-the-walls logic and well-executed drama to suck you right in. I was actually sad and engaged and stuff??

Love the ED song. Not sure about the OP, but it's an interesting choice to use screamo.

parfaited said:
Stark700 said:
It felt gimmicky tbh.

The punch felt gimmicky? So out of all things that happen in this series, that felt gimmicky to you?
Nonsense.
Indeed. That punch could raise the dead.
currycurryJul 26, 2014 6:02 PM
Aug 11, 2014 12:28 AM
Oct 2011
Production was lacky tbh, and knowing now that it's not I.G who are doing this, it makes sense. Still, it's Sengoku Basara, so it should be entertaining for the rest of the season, right?
Oct 21, 2014 10:45 PM
Dec 2010
They changed power and motives of characters in comparison to other series it feels so weird :o

Sent with Mal Updater
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Oct 22, 2014 6:14 AM

Jul 2013
There are some changes with the character design.. well the last show aired 3 years ago so I guess that's inevitable? whatever. But the animation.. why? it's supposed to get better because of the 3-year gap.

They also changed some of the events that happened in the previous seasons like Nobunaga dying at Honnouji because of Mitsuhide's betrayal and Hideyoshi defeating Mitsude and other stuff. But at least they're following what really happened in the history.

I don't like how they just added Mitsunari to the cast and he just overwhelmed both Kojuro and Masamune like wtf? those two are beasts. How in the hell did he...?

So this is an alternative version of the movie but I decided to watch this first because I want to see everything the Sengoku Basara franchise can offer. After this I'll watch the supposed to be much better movie version.
Oct 22, 2014 11:00 AM

May 2011
Technically, this is a more faithful adaptation of the game, and more accurate to how history played out.

The Anime before changed up the plot, to glorify Date and Yukimura. Not that it was bad at all, but technically it should be treated as an original story. Of course Production I.G. doing this would've made it 10x better though.
Jun 10, 2015 3:21 AM

Jun 2008
So this is not exactly a continuation huh.
Oct 28, 2016 11:39 PM

Feb 2015
bekeru said:

I advise people who haven't played Sengoku BASARA 3/Samurai Heroes to completely disregard the ending of the second season, and when Ieyasu died back in the first season. Most of the animated BASARA have no connection with the games, except that thing in season 2 where Hideyoshi killed Nene because of Hisahide, and his relationship with Keiji. This and Hisahide's conflict with Kojuro, sort of.

oh thank you so much. i was really confused because i knew on my soul that hanbei and yoshi had definitely died.
-------
really sad that from reading the comments that this season isn't by IG. just when i was beginning to respect them. the designs are different but that's to be expected, and although the changes are slight i kind of don't like them.

i'm also reading that this follows more directly with the games, but the speed is much too fast. and i thought S1 and 2 was quick. if this is hiw the games go i'd rather get on the off-canon train.

besides that i love the OP, so freaking manly and i love the group ever since i heard them in HXH'11.

i guess this show is following the same senba vibes but i think IG had the true spirit of it, ya know? i had a feeling that this was a joy to make. that's why i didn't hate but not love it either, which is why my vote is "ok".
Jun 12, 2017 8:20 AM

Aug 2013
I give Ishida's screaming at the end a 10/10.
Oct 16, 2018 6:44 AM
Jan 2017
is only me who think their power is become weaker than previous season,, and like the second and 3rd season is not has any connection between them,,
Apr 22, 6:59 AM

May 2020
This alternative setting has a new fresh brand about Sengoku. Different art make it seems not quitely strong. Smooth art, no intense fight and animation, it feels a bit lame but ok for a prologue. Seems i saw a new characters. I see Masamune really weak in this episode. Also the OP by Fear and Loathinng Las Vegas, this is my first time hear their song on OP.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sengoku Basara: Judge End Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

25 by sharosharo »»
Apr 22, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Sengoku Basara: Judge End Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

8 by sharosharo »»
Apr 22, 10:51 PM

Poll: » Sengoku Basara: Judge End Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

12 by sharosharo »»
Apr 22, 10:00 PM

Poll: » Sengoku Basara: Judge End Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

13 by sharosharo »»
Apr 22, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Sengoku Basara: Judge End Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

12 by sharosharo »»
Apr 22, 9:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.