Forums
Black Bullet (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Opinion on Enju?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 17, 2014 12:58 PM

Nov 2008
Enju is one of the 10/10 lolis this season in the class with Shiro, Yoshino, and Chino, not much development yet but still one of the best of the season.

Apr 17, 2014 9:09 PM

Oct 2009
What is there not to love?
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Apr 18, 2014 1:19 AM

Apr 2013
^ Whoa, calm down Benio! You already have Kobeni-chan and Mashiro-tan. Don't take Enju from us!
Apr 18, 2014 2:44 AM

Feb 2014
It's loli season!
Apr 18, 2014 6:24 AM

Jul 2008
Uhh...like :D
Apr 18, 2014 8:51 AM

Jul 2013
YumeNoMonogatari said:
^ Whoa, calm down Benio! You already have Kobeni-chan and Mashiro-tan. Don't take Enju from us!

thank you for making my day today :D
didnt expect this
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Apr 18, 2014 5:22 PM
Jul 2018
helderde said:
hoootie said:
Riptos said:
From what I've read on the episode discussions, Enju is a bit like marmite for the people here on MAL.

You either love her or hate her...

Which side of the fence are you on?

Personally myself, I really like her. I like her bubbly personality and her innocence. I have the feeling that with the type of anime this is shaping up to be that there will be a good bit of character development in store for her before the end.

Best loli in a good year or two in my own opinion.

You have to be joking. A 10 year old kissing a 16 year old (yes with sexual intent) and trying to sleep with him is innocent? Jesus, what 10 year olds have you been friends with.
I totally agree with that. She is PERVERTED. She wants him to be a pedophile! She wanted to take bath with him! Where's the innocence at this? Other reason why I dislike her is her stupidness. A gossip starts at her school that she's a cursed child, and she simply does not deny it!!! OMG! And about Nuvi's post up there, I think she's really gonna get in Kisara's way! It's implied she doesn't like her because of Rentaro. "looking at Kisara's boobs...", how she referred to her.

The anime didn't specify if it was a gossip/rumor, it would be more likely that she got an emotional reaction and couldnt handle it, thus her eyes turning red.
Apr 18, 2014 5:49 PM

Sep 2012
ligonis1337 said:
helderde said:
hoootie said:
Riptos said:
From what I've read on the episode discussions, Enju is a bit like marmite for the people here on MAL.

Personally myself, I really like her. I like her bubbly personality and her innocence. I have the feeling that with the type of anime this is shaping up to be that there will be a good bit of character development in store for her before the end.

You have to be joking. A 10 year old kissing a 16 year old (yes with sexual intent) and trying to sleep with him is innocent? Jesus, what 10 year olds have you been friends with.
I totally agree with that. She is PERVERTED. She wants him to be a pedophile! She wanted to take bath with him! Where's the innocence at this? Other reason why I dislike her is her stupidness. A gossip starts at her school that she's a cursed child, and she simply does not deny it!!! OMG! And about Nuvi's post up there, I think she's really gonna get in Kisara's way! It's implied she doesn't like her because of Rentaro. "looking at Kisara's boobs...", how she referred to her.

The anime didn't specify if it was a gossip/rumor, it would be more likely that she got an emotional reaction and couldnt handle it, thus her eyes turning red.

Actually, it was the masked guy who did it, or at least it was implied. He wanted to show Satomi that Enju's normal life was only a fragile deception.
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Apr 19, 2014 1:12 AM

Oct 2012
Enju FTW. Screw president oppai-san.

Apr 19, 2014 1:18 AM

Mar 2014
Very likable character imo.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Apr 19, 2014 1:23 AM

Feb 2013
She's adorable! why would someone hate her? She remains me of my little sister.

Apr 20, 2014 7:54 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
As far as lolis go she seems decent enough so far...

I mean it's only 2 episodes in right now, thats not really enough time to properly judge whether you like or dislike a character

Apr 20, 2014 9:24 AM

Sep 2013
gissellebatista said:
She's adorable! why would someone hate her? She remains me of my little sister.

Wait what your sister does try to talk to you with intentions??? lol
-

I've always... always been watching you... This whole time... Because you were there... That's why I was able to try hard. So you could have some balance! So you wouldn't treat me like a kid! So you would see me as an actual girl! Even while you were gone... You were right here! You were right here in my heart!
Apr 20, 2014 12:58 PM

Apr 2014
She's good, not annoying and is not an idiot.
Nyaaaria- said:
You really are the king of marathoning

Apr 20, 2014 1:58 PM
Apr 2014
UsaraDark said:
hoootie said:
Riptos said:

So then what's wrong with a 20 year old kissing a 36 year old? HMMMMM??

Please, please tell me you're joking. PLEASE.
Notchrishansen said:
She reminds me of Kokonoe Rin (precocious loli) and Yaya from Unbreakable Machine Doll (adorable battle partner). I like adorable bad asses. I'd get psyched when seeing them in battle and when they're lovey-dovey, I can't help but want to hug them until they pop.

You stole my comment ಠ_ಠ Just finished KnJ, reading Kikou Shoujo atm. She's more like Rin than like Yaya imho, but you're right; first time I saw her acting like that I was like 'Hey, I've seen this somewhere" first and then "She most likely has some severe issues too". Second ep proved me right :p Anyway, like. Especially after the second episode.
"Though mountains crack, and ice will thaw

Though walls will fall, to tooth and claw

Though stars will fade, and shadow spread

On the heights we stood, with iron red.

And as they died, they killed the dead.
Apr 20, 2014 4:30 PM
Mar 2013
She's so kawaii...how could you NOT love her?
Apr 20, 2014 4:59 PM

Aug 2011
AirStyles said:
After episode 2.

I got nothing but love for the little bastard.

Yeah, same here.
May 1, 2014 12:58 AM

May 2013
Lime_ said:
Riptos said:

Apparently you haven't read much then. . . .,lol

Love: 37
Hate: 1

touché
I am the punishment of God,
If you had not committed great sins,
God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.
May 1, 2014 5:41 AM

Jul 2011
If you dislike Enju then there's something very wrong with you.
May 1, 2014 7:12 AM

Nov 2012
really, who the hell love Enju, she's a really lovable loli
May 1, 2014 8:17 AM

Jul 2013
and considering the events of the latest episode, it is kinda heartbreaking
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
May 1, 2014 8:40 AM

Aug 2008
She has a cliche personality and can be annoying at time but I'm pretty much indifferent about her.
Ii tenki desu ne...
May 15, 2014 7:59 PM

Aug 2011
Minagatachi said:
I like her, but I feel a bit uncomfortable seeing a 10 year old trying to seduce someone.

Yuuuuuup...... reminds me of... YAYA DUNDUNDUUNNNNNN
May 15, 2014 8:07 PM

Nov 2013
Indifferent, really.

Theres not much about her yet, shockingly. Definitely not a potential best loli. Maybe of the series, but not of a season or ever ;P
At the direction the anime is going, ofc.
May 16, 2014 3:24 AM

Aug 2013
im really conflicted with her character on one side i just gotta lover her but for the same reasons i hate her as well idk maybe im just messed up
Yo
May 17, 2014 4:24 PM

Apr 2011
I adore her, probably for the exact same reason some of the more prudish MALers hate her.
May 17, 2014 4:39 PM

Jul 2012
Neither. She's not too bad, but nothing special especially compared to the other great heroines this season like Nike.
May 17, 2014 8:07 PM

Jul 2012
I had my doubts but she won me over <3
Enju is one of the only good things about this show.
May 18, 2014 3:13 AM

Aug 2012
Yeah... you're really missing the Neutral option here.

There's nothing I really dislike about her, but likewise, there isn't anything I like about here either. She's just there.
I much prefered Kayo.
.................................................................................
May 18, 2014 6:52 AM

Nov 2013
for starters:
Like her: 239 - 92.64%
Dislike her: 19 - 7.36%

Now, let me state from the start that I honestly believe Shiro and Enju are on a league of their own!!

This being said, please let me explain my point: I'm a fan of loli's like Yoshino, Chino and so on, however Shiro and Enju are nothing more than adult loli's, small in body and age, however adults when it comes to the personality created for them.

Shiro for example is a cerebral genius kind of adult personality. Yes she is a kid, yes she depends on his brother (just like he depends on her despite being 16), however you can't deny that she thinks and analyzes things as a adult.

Enju on the other hand, is more like the brutish kind of personality. I believe most of us already saw many animes where a character is forced to grown by necessity and prioritizes strength over brains. Like them or not, he all have seen them before!!

If you think about the little we know about the cursed children, we can easily figure out how Enju had to grow. Abandoned when she was a child, forced to live in the slums, where life cannot be easy, despised by society, and yet, "captured" (dunno if they are captured or surrender willingly, however those collars with numbers let me believe they were captured) and forced to defend the society that only wishes to see them dead.

Enju is stupid, however not because she wants to. Enju it's stupid because as a 11 year old girl she was forced to fend for her life, however deep inside, she's still just a child, making all the stupid mistakes kids do.

Under this situation do you really believe a kid can allow herself to be a children?!?!?
Honestly if you think it's possible, then I pity you, since it proves you are nothing more than a dreamer!!

About the sexual part, well nothing that can be done really. Hormones are hormones, and although Enju's hormones aren't probably jumping around like crazy (normally they wouldn't, who knows if the virus has some other effects) Enju is a little girl. She sees Rentarou as a one in a million. He is caring, gives her attention and love, protects her, and so on.
Basically she sees him as the perfect mate for her, and the best way (in her inexperienced point of view) to "grab" him for ever is for sexual intercourse to happen.

All said and done, I believe from what I saw so far, Enju character is very well built, and personally, I love her!!
Personal tastes are like peoples behinds, each one has its own,
and only those who wants to find [...] will smell one another.

May 26, 2014 9:34 AM
Jul 2018
@DarkMoonWolf Enju isn't stupid. It just happens to be the fact that she has an idealistic personality and is often optimistic in a post-apocalyptic setting. Thus being said, she's also very emotionally fragile. If she gets sad, she does get sad quickly, as evident in episodes 2 and 3. Also note that it's expected for a 10 year old like Enju to have silly romantic fantasies with an older person like Rentaro (who treats Enju like a little sister to him). Note that the author wants readers and viewers to invoke pity for Enju due to the fact that she never really had a happy life locked up in a facility until Rentaro came along.

Thus being said, despite the hardships Enju had as well as her crush on Rentaro, Enju happens to be a "nice girl" at heart, in TV Tropes terms.
May 26, 2014 11:20 AM

Nov 2013
I usually don't like lolis in general, but i can add emo mode in ep02 and cockbloking as a minus as well. Btw, Makina from 1st post's avatar is only loli I liked, still I guess she doesn't count as loli?
sadfacelvMay 28, 2014 11:12 AM
May 26, 2014 11:22 AM
Jul 2018
sadfacelv said:
I usually don't likr lolis in general, but i can add emo mode in ep02 and cockbloking as a minus as well. Btw, Makina from 1st post's avatar is only loli I liked, still I guess she doesn't count as loli?

Enju is considered a loli by the way. That goes for the same with characters that are "older than they look" where they happen to be older (teens or adults), yet has an appearance of prepubescent girl (like Komoe-sensei from A Certain Magical Index).
May 27, 2014 8:25 AM

Nov 2013
DarkPaladinX said:
@DarkMoonWolf Enju isn't stupid. It just happens to be the fact that she has an idealistic personality and is often optimistic in a post-apocalyptic setting. Thus being said, she's also very emotionally fragile. If she gets sad, she does get sad quickly, as evident in episodes 2 and 3. Also note that it's expected for a 10 year old like Enju to have silly romantic fantasies with an older person like Rentaro (who treats Enju like a little sister to him). Note that the author wants readers and viewers to invoke pity for Enju due to the fact that she never really had a happy life locked up in a facility until Rentaro came along.

Thus being said, despite the hardships Enju had as well as her crush on Rentaro, Enju happens to be a "nice girl" at heart, in TV Tropes terms.

When I said that Enju has stupid, I was using the exact same words that were used before on this thread. This was not meant as a offense, instead it was meant to be considered a personality feature, something unique to the image of the character created.

Let me make this very clear for you: Enju is a stupid 11 yrs old kid like all 11 yrs old kids are.
Damn, I was stupid(er) when I was 11 yrs old, and now that I'm over 30 I can still say that never once in my entire life, have I met a 11 yrs old who isn't stupid.
If somehow the word stupid makes you feel bad or offended, then please by all means feel free to replace it with "naive to the point of making basic mistakes".

With this point being cleared, let me once again say that I believe from what I saw so far, Enju character is very well built, and personally, I love her!! Best girl in this show!!
DarkMoonWolfMay 27, 2014 8:35 AM
Personal tastes are like peoples behinds, each one has its own,
and only those who wants to find [...] will smell one another.

May 28, 2014 10:52 AM

Dec 2009
sadfacelv said:
Btw, Makina from 1st post's avatar is only loli I liked, still I guess she doesn't count as loli?
Pretty sure she does.
May 28, 2014 11:12 AM

Nov 2013
Hm she is 16 and not totally flat, maybe just a miniature girl, btw her mother looks almost the same just with longer hair:( I guess I am a lolicon too T_T
May 28, 2014 11:40 PM

May 2014
Enju is amazing ^^ Im not a fan of loli romance I find the characters cute but in a family type way but I just hate Kisara and seitenshi :(
Minori Kushieda Forever <3

May 29, 2014 11:59 AM

Jan 2013
Not sure how you can hate her with that kind of back story....
Jun 4, 2014 1:32 AM

Feb 2014
sadfacelv said:
Hm she is 16 and not totally flat, maybe just a miniature girl, btw her mother looks almost the same just with longer hair:( I guess I am a lolicon too T_T

what? LN spoiler? never seen her mother anywhere before...

悲しい… 悲しいわ…
今日のこと、「お月さま」にも教えてあげないと。
あなたも… 私 “たち” の中に… 取り込んであげる。
Jun 4, 2014 1:58 AM

May 2013
I like her... i mean whats not to like shes a cute little kid thats very funny and she has a badass side that will throwdown if needed
Be It 10 or 1000 Men, The End Result Will Be The Same..
Jun 4, 2014 2:06 AM

Feb 2014
she's cute so i like her
Jun 4, 2014 2:17 AM

Nov 2013
Mistralist said:
sadfacelv said:

what? LN spoiler? never seen her mother anywhere before...

That was about Makina in post above;
Jun 4, 2014 2:34 AM

Apr 2014
I like her... She's pretty cute and I love her character design.

Not so sure about the whole 'I love Rentaro' part, but then again that and all the other lolis are pretty much for the paedophile fanbase. I don't like that they try to sexualise young girls...

After episode 2 I just loved her. Serious Enju is best Enju. And she looks awesome when she fights.

Seriously, Enju needs to reassert herself as main girl. Rise above that b*tch Tina. I don't like Tina, she's stealing Enju's spotlight.
Jun 4, 2014 2:14 PM

Mar 2014
I like Enju, just not when she is trying to seduce Rentaro. Tina is way better though :D
Jun 5, 2014 1:08 PM

Mar 2014
animeoppai said:
I don't like her but I don't hate her either. In the first episode she was extremely annoying but after the second one she wasn't that bad.
UsaraDark said:
So then what's wrong with a 20 year old kissing a 36 year old? HMMMMM??
What's wrong with a 10 year old kissing a 26 year old? HMMMMM??

well that depends on where the 10 year old is kissing and how much tongue she is using
Jun 6, 2014 11:38 AM

Jan 2014
I like Enju,but I dont like it when she tryes to seduce Rentarou.
Though I would rather see Rentarou finish with Kisara.(And I think they probably will.)
Jun 6, 2014 4:07 PM
Apr 2014
Copy and paste from episode 9 discussion but here. Added more during the end.

Not to be creepy, but have any of you guys ever read the book "The boy who was raised as a dog"? Fascinating clinical studies on child abuse, and how early stimuli and stigma influence the brain. The first case detailed a child named Tina*, who was about 6-8 years old* (not real name, but name listed in book to protect her identity and a coincidence to our beloved Tina Sprout) who was abused for 2 years by her mother's then boyfriend. She became expectant of sex from men, because that was all she knew men to be like.

Terrifying food for thought about the cursed children. Also not mentioned in the show (another skip), cursed children in other areas are used as sex slaves, fodder for the army, experimented on by the army (Tina), slave labor, and sold as items/entertainment like circuses/freak shows and servants. Actually in book two of the light novel, they skipped the scene of two slave workers escaping from the Varanium mines for the anime. One normal 13 year old boy, and a 10 year old cursed child girl. End from my post of Ep 9.

I've also mentioned before in this thread, Enju is not scared of gunfire. Actually, most of civil security isn't. But normal children are, and cursed children who don't fight are scared too. However, Enju was NEVER scared of gunfire, even before she came into Rentaro's care. Something was very, very, wrong with her childhood. So her behavior and unusual attachment to Rentaro is quite understandable. She modeled her behavior on what she learned from her short, harsh life ( as well as tv 18+ shows/anime she's seen in neighbor's houses when tv was left on lol, a wry jab by the author).
RuinsInTheWindJun 6, 2014 4:14 PM
Dec 26, 2015 7:40 PM
Jun 2015
She's my cute little cinnamon roll! I'm not a lolicon(As much as I look and act like one)but Enju is such a great character.
I find her seducing Rentaro actually pretty funny but obviously, I don't ship them. I mean, my parents have a ten year difference so of course I'm fine with a 6 year difference.
I love her energetic personality and her role in the story. When she's upset, I generally feel sorry for her and when she's happy, I'm happy. Her design is brilliant and she's such a badass!
She's even better in the light novels :)
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2014

156 by cableguyjay »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2014

398 by cableguyjay »»
May 26, 5:19 PM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2014

252 by cableguyjay »»
May 18, 9:12 PM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2014

521 by FZREMAKE »»
May 11, 3:39 PM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2014

383 by FZREMAKE »»
May 11, 5:20 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.