Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 19, 2014 11:14 PM

Sep 2011
wow a whoel chapter that pretty much can be sumarised as Kenpachi cut the guys arms off, c'mon kubo this pacing is a freaking joke.

Here's the next month of Bleach

1 - Gremmy turns the tables on Zaraki next week but cliffhanger will be Zaraki revealing his Shikai

2 - Zaraki will dominate Gremmy and chapter will end with Zaraki cutting down Gremmy

3 - Gremmy will miraculously survive and reveal an ugly transformation and dominate Zaraki until he says now it's time for Bankai which will be our cliffhanger

4 - Bankai Zaraki will kill Gremmy, last 2 pages will set up the next pointless filler fight.

I mean every fight in this damn second invasion has been the exacts ame, why should we expect any different now, cmon kubo dammit prove me wrong. have Kenpachi kill this useless villain next week, don't drag this out like you always do.

anyone wanna guess who the next randomly created villain will be who is just there to die against a shinigami and drag this out longer.

I mean none of these villains have been important to the story or had any sort of major impact or any kind of decent character development.

Is anyone really invested in these villains who you've just met and will die in 3 or 4 chapter from now after they lose a fight they never had a hope in hell of winning from the start?
Mar 20, 2014 6:30 AM
Dec 2013
Ya'll are talking about kenpachi "releasing" his shikai but wasn't it mentioned at some point in bleach that kenpachis sword was a "full release" type like ichigos due to his inability to contain his massive spiritual pressure? Anyway great chapter
Mar 20, 2014 6:54 AM

Feb 2014
Chapters were short... but Kenpachi was fucking badass. 'Because .. I'm Kenpachi' epic moment.
The higher I get , The lower I'll sink.

Mar 20, 2014 12:05 PM

May 2012
RedBrownGiant said:
Ya'll are talking about kenpachi "releasing" his shikai but wasn't it mentioned at some point in bleach that kenpachis sword was a "full release" type like ichigos due to his inability to contain his massive spiritual pressure? Anyway great chapter
Yeah his sword was always in Shikai, but he couldn't hear the voice of the zanpakutou. Now he can.
Besides Ichigo is different, he has massive amount of reiatsu but his shikai was the hollow mask, the blade was just his quincy powers imitating his shinigami side. Ichigo never was a real Shinigami until recently.
Mar 20, 2014 12:36 PM

May 2011
k11chi said:
RedBrownGiant said:
Yeah his sword was always in Shikai, but he couldn't hear the voice of the zanpakutou. Now he can.
Besides Ichigo is different, he has massive amount of reiatsu but his shikai was the hollow mask, the blade was just his quincy powers imitating his shinigami side. Ichigo never was a real Shinigami until recently.

Ichigo's Shikai ability was Getsuga Tenshou, and it's been accepted that his Zanpakuto was always in Shikai-state like Kenpachi due to reiatsu, whether it was an imitation or not. Even if that point will prove otherwise, his Hollow mask had nothing to do with Shikai, it was a special trait only Vizards could use. We can however expect a move or two from Kenpachi's Shikai-state now, since he knows the name (as you already said). Though if you think about it, he hasn't even removed his eye-patch yet lol.
Mar 20, 2014 1:21 PM

Dec 2011
Kenpachi is pretty much the one who brings excitement to Bleach.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 20, 2014 1:32 PM

May 2012
-Shuda- said:
k11chi said:
RedBrownGiant said:

Ichigo's Shikai ability was Getsuga Tenshou, and it's been accepted that his Zanpakuto was always in Shikai-state like Kenpachi due to reiatsu, whether it was an imitation or not. Even if that point will prove otherwise, his Hollow mask had nothing to do with Shikai, it was a special trait only Vizards could use. We can however expect a move or two from Kenpachi's Shikai-state now, since he knows the name (as you already said). Though if you think about it, he hasn't even removed his eye-patch yet lol.
Wouldn't be surprised if he decides to throw the eyepatch away. It should be pretty much useless now since there is no way it can contain a fragment of his reiatsu anymore.
Also Isshin is spamming Getsuga Tensho too, it's just a wave of reiatsu being thrown around. The only move old man Zangetsu taught Ichigo.
Mar 20, 2014 2:27 PM

Jun 2013
Well, that was short.
Mar 20, 2014 5:05 PM
Oct 2010
zaraki was just total pwnage this time. best character. total badass
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Mar 20, 2014 8:36 PM

Apr 2010
k11chi said:
scabab said:
Compared to Naruto and Ohe Piece Bleach chapters really don't contain much material at all do they?

Too few panels per chapter and they don't really cover much ground at all. That felt like a third of chapters worth.

Seriously the entire story of Bleach could have been told in half the amount of chapters just by having more panels and dialogue per chapter.
But then it wouldn't be Bleach. Not every single manga has to be the same.

It would still be Bleach. They could have told the exact same story without missing out anything in half the amount of chapters under a more efficient mangaka.
Mar 21, 2014 4:10 AM

May 2012
scabab said:
k11chi said:
scabab said:
Compared to Naruto and Ohe Piece Bleach chapters really don't contain much material at all do they?

Too few panels per chapter and they don't really cover much ground at all. That felt like a third of chapters worth.

Seriously the entire story of Bleach could have been told in half the amount of chapters just by having more panels and dialogue per chapter.

It would still be Bleach. They could have told the exact same story without missing out anything in half the amount of chapters under a more efficient mangaka.
No it wouldn't. What you are asking is for the paneling to change. The paneling is one of the most important parts of Bleach.

The reason why the chapter was short is because Bleach has alot of 1-3 panel pages.
Mar 21, 2014 10:46 AM

Apr 2010
k11chi said:
scabab said:
k11chi said:
scabab said:

No it wouldn't. What you are asking is for the paneling to change. The paneling is one of the most important parts of Bleach.

The reason why the chapter was short is because Bleach has alot of 1-3 panel pages.

That's the point, because the chapters have so many large panels and thus so few many panels per chapter it means not much is happening per chapter.

It means that the series is more chapters than it could have been if it were done by someone else.

I don't read Bleach just because it has large panels, I read it for the story and it's incredibly slow paced.
Mar 21, 2014 10:37 PM
Mar 2014
Ehh, to be honest, the chapter was a bit short for my taste.

However, I did enjoy Zaraki's appearance and am looking forward to the abilities he will display in this fight (that will hopefully last longer than others but not as long enough to get tedious).

As for Unohana's death—well, I still kinda don't believe that she's actually dead. These are probably arguments you've seen before, but we haven't properly seen what her bankai does, her whole "one of the strongest captains in Gotei 13" image hasn't really been.. ah, fulfilled (though the flashbacks could have slightly), and, well, this is just my opinion, but I don't think Isane is quite at the level of captain yet. Thus, having Unohana's position replaced by Isane would be.. er.. I dunno.

Darn it, Kubo. How many chapters has it been since we've seen Ukitake? Ah, yes, chapter 547, that came out in ((September)), where he was last seen in front of a lotus-like thing which apparently symbolizes rebirth. And you also apparently said that he would be healed, like, last year. What a cliffhanger. I've been waiting since that chapter came out for more appearances of him only growing to be disappointed with the arrival of every chapter.. sigh.
'So it goes.'
Mar 24, 2014 8:47 AM

Sep 2013
minha1234 said:
Darn it, Kubo. How many chapters has it been since we've seen Ukitake?

This is the 2nd day of the war, I expect ukitake (his ilness wil be the end of him) or shinsui to die by the end of this day probably for the others to escape and Uryuu to kill kurotsuchi too.
Mar 25, 2014 3:47 PM

Jun 2012
This is so fucking stupid. By what fucking logic can Gremmy not defeat Kenpachi with the snap of a finger? I've had enough of this "the Heart", plot armor up, holy shit, old character back from training, expose, repeat, expose, repeat, expose, repeat, expose, repeat, expose, repeat, expose, repeat, expose, repeat, expose, repeat, expose, repeat, expose, repeat, expose, etc....

That's all this Manga has been for the past 20 chapters. All it does is dwindle away what we thought to be formidable antagonists just a year or so ago.
I GET that Kenpachi is stronger than he was before, you don't have to have him kill the "strongest" sternritter just to prove that!

Holy shit has this Manga gotten tedious.
Mar 28, 2014 8:45 AM

Jul 2009
"Tedious" is really the right word. I'm getting really tired of all these individual fights with the plethora of new Quincy characters that no one has the energy to give a damn about. If a battle is going to last longer than 2 chapters, it has to have an antagonist/opponent that people give a rat's ass about; a character with depth, personality, motivation, and an influence on the course of the plot. We all know Gremmy is cannon fodder and was only created to showcase Ken's power, but we still will have to sit through like 5 more chapters of his existence, minimum. I think I'm still seething over Renji's fight with Mask De Masculine.

I hope Kenpachi oneshots this dude in the head...Though it would have been nice for Yachiru (or any girl, for that matter) to win a fight herself.
RizzleMar 28, 2014 8:52 AM
Mar 28, 2014 8:37 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
I can't help but facepalm and laugh in this chapter. Especially the last page is hilariously bad.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
May 5, 2014 11:04 PM

Jun 2012
Well that was... uneventful.

Chapter 573: I Am the Batman Edge

I: "How's Unohana?"
K: "Dead"
I: "Ah... well... good... at least you killed her."
V: "Let me set the stage... oh and I'm the strongest ever (you've never heard anyone tell you that before)"
K: "The fuck... magic? Alright."
V: "See, you can't cut me... I made myself steel"
K: "Woops, I didn't know I'd only be cutting weak shit. GG."
V: ".................. (fuck.)"

Ah well... I enjoyed what was there at least.
May 21, 2014 9:44 AM

May 2013
Kenpachi looked so badass.

Jun 9, 2014 1:34 PM

Oct 2013
Well that ended quickly.

Jun 20, 2014 10:24 PM

May 2012
Kill that bstrd, Swordeight.

7/10
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Nov 2, 2014 11:22 AM
Mar 2012
I liked Unohana, she was kinda cool. the Unohana in the beginning.
Jun 9, 2017 5:24 AM

Feb 2013
Wtf.
So Unohana is dead:((
Dec 14, 2021 2:14 PM

Nov 2019
This kid has probably the most powerful ability ever, being able to materialize and realize everything you can imagine. This power is literally unlimited and virtually unbeatable. He has to make a mistake somewhere in order to be defeated, otherwise, that’s the ultimate power ever.
Nov 17, 2022 8:06 PM

Apr 2021
Gremmy is probably the strongest out there. But again his opponent is also the strongest in the CGS.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 662 Discussion ( 1 2 )

animefan8800 - Feb 10, 2016

84 by Ramenus »»
Yesterday, 3:37 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 15 Discussion

rebwaters - Oct 4, 2009

8 by Datrunix »»
Sep 18, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 423 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Jinjos - Oct 6, 2010

217 by Ramenus »»
Aug 24, 7:30 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 364 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

direbliss - Jul 1, 2009

157 by Ramenus »»
Aug 23, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 675 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 26, 2016

63 by Chuckiemuffin »»
Aug 15, 11:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.