Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No. 6
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
Dec 24, 2018 10:36 PM

May 2013
HMMMMMMMMM.... Not sure how I feel about the ending lolol.

Before the ep, I told myself that if Safu was the only who died, I'd be satisfied.
But then I saw Shion proclaimed to be "dead" and Nezumi sang to him and laid next to him and I was like. Holy shit. If it ends just like this, I'd be happy with it!!!! >8D and then Safu appeared. And I was like oh, great. Don't tell me she's gonna bring him back to life. And then she did. Surprise, surprise.

I was still mildly content with it tho. It was a 6.5 for me at that point, but I would've rounded up...... til Nezumi gave him that goodbye kiss and told Shion he'll be alright. Goodbye kiss to that 7 LOLOL. *le sigh*

It was a pretty good anime-- I liked it up until the ending, pretty much.
Came here cuz I saw it was on a yaoi list, but it ended up not really being yaoi, honestly :P

Some things confused me or were left unanswered. How did Nezumi know Shion's mom to be able to contact her in the first place? O_____o
Like. It never showed them meeting or knowing each other in the past or whatever.
At least she FINALLY ran to Shion herself in the end lmao
Inu gave back the baby, so now Shion's mom got another little one on her hands, heh

And the wasps weren't really explained well .-. Where did they go after coming out of their hosts? Who designed them and how are they implanted into random people?

Youichi's Lonely People with Our Losses Club-- what were their plans, exactly? It didn't show his texters either lol. Even though there was that pan over to the corpse in the car, which I assume was him. Dunno how he got infected with a wasp either when he knows about them, but okay.

I would've liked to see the elderly being disposed of as well, esp Safu's grandmother. It would've given this anime that inhumane horror effect.

6/10. They could've done a better job with this anime. Oh wells.
Jan 18, 2019 5:40 PM
Jul 2018
What a mess this anime was. Oh well. :/ I like parts of it at least.
Feb 24, 2019 4:14 AM
Jul 2017
Just finished this and WTF was that ending??? So unsatisfying!!!!
Nov 17, 2019 8:54 PM

Apr 2015
Watching No.6 reminds me why I left behind post-apocalyptic and dystopia tagged stuff: god, their endings are so dissatisfying. There were a lot of questionable plot moments, but...lol, we won't question it. Nezumi and Ash are so similar, I guess you can say I have a type.

Although we part as I leave for Inaba,
where pines grow on the moutain peaks
If I am to hear that you pine for me
I shall come back to you again
Hyakunin Isshu (小倉百人一首):
Poem #16 "Tachiwakare"
©
Nov 26, 2019 11:18 AM

Sep 2019
First of all that ain't a farewell kiss! is it? There are few things wrong with this anime few things doesn't make no sense (character buildup, it's funny when it's not needed to be, etc). It was started with a good Mystery but failed to maintain the suspense and got down hill after episode 6. I really wanted to see Sion and his mother to reunite but sad they didn't think that would be needed. Seriously the ending is shit.

6/10
Dec 5, 2019 10:46 PM
Sep 2019
I tried. And I lowkey disliked the anime even though I watched the whole thing.
Mar 8, 2020 7:45 PM
Mar 2020
THEY KISS. PROPERLY. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I AM CRYINGGGGGG. I NEVER KNEW WHAT BEING PROUD WAS TILL I WATCHED THESE TWO. I WILL NEVER FORGET THIS ANIME, SO GOD HELP ME. NOW EXCUSE ME WHILE I SOB FOR JOY IN THE CORNER. 😭😭😭💕💕💕💕💕💕
Mar 26, 2020 6:49 AM

Feb 2017
The ending was unfulfilling and the whole show felt rushed. But considering they tried to fit 9 volumes into 11 episodes, it wasn't terrible. It just could've been something so much more with 20 episodes or so.

If I'll ever get enough motivation, I may just go ahead and read the novel. I doubt I will though.
Apr 18, 2020 2:45 PM
Apr 2020
I'm not a hater of the series, but how can people like this?
May 7, 2020 3:26 PM
May 2020
This is kind of an unpopular opinion but I think the ending of no.6 is really good if you look into it more. I don't believe that rat or Shion survived. I see it as they both died in the last episode and when they saw that the wall was down that was actually their spirits. Now this would also explain why rat left: Shion was a good person throughout all of his existence and therefore would likely to a heaven like afterlife, however rat may have been good in the end but he did a lot of bad stuff in his life and would likely have to go to a hellish afterlife to make up for his sins. That is why he had to leave Shion until he had made up for his misdeeds. This would also explain Shion's "resurrection" because Safu was not bringing him back to life she was allowing his spirit to see that the wall was down and speak to rat one last time before moving on.
May 12, 2020 4:29 PM

Aug 2019
I have to say, the ending sucked ass. Oh god, I think it's one of the worst endings I've seen. This show had so much potential, loved both Nezumi and Shion and their chemistry. The first few episodes were so good and even if I felt that the pace was too slow during the middle ones, I was still enjoying the character interactions, hoping the plot will be resolved by the end and even though I'd heard that the ending wasn't the best, I did not expect this level of bs!

What was up with that golden tornado? What was up with that stupid revenge plan by the bee? What was up with the out-of-character behaviours? Shion dies and is then miraculously resurrected by a giant wasp which came out of Safu, really? And thousands die, but who cares because the wall is broken, so now everything is alright. They never explained about the "people of the forest". And then Nezumi gave Shion a quick kiss and then just up and left. Wtf?!

But this is not the only problem I have with this show. It just basically goes nowhere since most of the plot points like Shion's mother's connection to the founders of No.6, the connection between Nezumi and Safu, the rebellion that seemed to be taking place, finding out how No.6 actually came to be formed, are never resolved. Even the central theme of the show, Shion and Nezumi's relationship, is not resolved. The show started out really good but lost it's focus and it all came crashing down at the last episode.

I had already decided to read the manga after this but not so sure now since I didn't like the fact that what started out as a dystopian sci-fi turned into fantasy. But I'll probably get around to it someday. Really hope it's better.
Mayo-13May 25, 2020 9:28 AM

I want to know what it is,
this 'sin' they say I've committed.
May 16, 2020 3:47 AM
Apr 2020
holy shit, i have not read the manga yet so this is my opinion before reading it but i fucking loved this show, i thought it was okay at first and only kept watching at first cuz my heart got attached but i got more attached as i got farther in, fucking episode 11 made me cry like a bitch ive never cried so hard over a show before and if this show was not as good as people say it could have been then when i read the manga im going to drown in a pool of tears. i fucking hated safu at the end of it tho.
R0bbieisGoneMay 24, 2021 4:39 PM
Jun 24, 2020 11:49 AM
Jan 2018
imo, i would give this anime a 6/10 because it definitely had potential to be really really good but it just felt like it was missing something. the plot sounded great but they just didn’t do it justice if that makes sense. im a little disappointed from how underwhelming it felt. if it had more episodes and less fillers, it would have been amazing
Aug 21, 2020 10:11 AM
Mar 2018
This series had a lot of potential, and it met that potential in some parts. But this ending definitely shows how underwhelming this felt; as if something was missing throughout. A shame, but only expected of an 11 episode anime.
Dec 23, 2020 9:01 PM
Dec 2020
Thats it..... the anime is not much like the manga... I mean the manga is so beautiful why cant they make it like that. In the manga when Nezumi kissed shion it wasnt that dry like the anime. Shion asked crying if it was a goodbye kiss but then shion said it was a promise. There are dialougs missing. They should have just followed the manga exactly and then it could have been popular. But i really love the anime. Wow i instantly favorited shion and nezumi lol
Mar 21, 2021 11:36 AM
Dec 2018
Shi- 😭😭😭😭😭
Apr 13, 2021 8:14 AM
Apr 2021
Taival said:
The ending was unfulfilling and the whole show felt rushed. But considering they tried to fit 9 volumes into 11 episodes, it wasn't terrible. It just could've been something so much more with 20 episodes or so.

If I'll ever get enough motivation, I may just go ahead and read the novel. I doubt I will though.

The manga was way better than this, I highly recommend reading it.
Apr 17, 2021 1:09 PM

Jul 2019
I quite frankly have no idea about a lot of things that were going on but I was expecting this anime to be far worse based on the reviews. I think it's good and with more episodes it could've been great. 7/10

Rat said no more goodbye kisses so why he leavin
Aug 8, 2021 6:14 AM
Apr 2020
OKAY this is the only situation ever in which i will fully defend "deus ex machina magically revives characters with the power of friendship" - The alternative would've been incredibly annoying.

I wish they had explored Shion's mom a bit more, like she seemed to know a lot of interesting people, and clearly had some mysterious past shit going on. Also clearly the government of No. 6 is most of the problem, so it's kinda frustrating that the show treats the death of Eliurias(?) as like "oop fascist state solved"
Oct 31, 2021 10:51 PM

Nov 2013
Somehow, it seems that this needed more than 11 episodes to really tell the story.
Not bad though. Wouldn't it be nice if it were this simple to destroy evil?
Jan 13, 2022 9:30 AM
Nov 2020
The anime finished earlier than the manga, so that's why the ending is a bit off. So if y'all are feeling unsatisfied or need more No.6 content, go check out the manga or the light novel. In the manga's ending, it was implied that Nezumi did come back after all :') (And the kiss scene was much more emotional).
Feb 25, 2022 8:57 AM
Dec 2021
Absolutely amazing! I loved the kiss great!
Jul 6, 2022 12:38 AM
Jun 2021
I love love lovee this anime. I think the ending fit the whole vibe of this story, I'm just sad that we don't get more to the story. I did read the Manga and Light Novels, and they are GREAT. Manga is way better than the Anime, and the Light Novel are way better than them all IMO. But I still love the anime.

I'm just sad that we can't watch No.6 on any legal streaming sites anymore.
Nov 3, 2022 6:30 AM
Apr 2021
Drama drama and more drama
Nov 20, 2022 5:10 AM

Jun 2021
just wtf happened??? i have a lot of questions but i can't think straight right now. a lot of stuffs left unanswered jfc.
Dec 30, 2022 9:32 PM
Dec 2022
Really engaging story, and the sprinkle of gay between the two main characters was very nice. It's a BL yes, but its more of an anime that just so happens to have gay characters in it.
Mar 14, 2023 8:32 PM

Nov 2012
Welp, that was a confusing ending that made me feel like this series needed another cour to explain all of its worldbuilding and properly build up to this finale. Buuuuuuuut NO GAYS GOT BURIED! Yay!

8/10. Could be a 7/10, because it REALLY needed that second cour, but it's hard to blame BONES for doing their best with what they could get for a pretty risky IP.
Apr 28, 2023 1:26 PM
Apr 2023
I just loved the ending of this story.
Jul 8, 2023 3:07 AM

Aug 2012
I....am so confused with the ending, and it left me unsatisfied. Confused with the series as a whole to be honest. From what I'm hearing from several people, the anime is rushed and left out too many things that matter to the plot. That makes sense, because this anime is bad.

I still want to read the manga, though. I still want to give this series a chance. I've been interested in this series for years and I finally got to watch it! But man, what a bummer it turned out to be. I'm really hoping the manga makes this series in my eyes turn around.
Oct 23, 2023 10:11 PM
Des31

Oct 2020
Didn't realize this is BL anime after that kiss scene in episode 7 want to drop it but Curious what happened to safu then she dead like that F*ck and what is that wasp thing is ? I don't get it at all
Dec 7, 2023 6:36 AM
Apr 2023
Adorable, really liked it except the ending. Wish a new season.
Mar 25, 12:31 PM
Jul 2021
i miss them... i love no.6
Mar 25, 10:03 PM
Oct 2023
It ended with a very open ended way. I liked it but wish we were invited into their lives afterwards.
May 17, 8:59 PM
Jun 2023
Oh I haven't sobbed this fucking hard in a long time wtffffffffff!!!!
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

Poll: » No.6 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Aug 11, 2011

166 by SouthRzVa »»
Oct 25, 2023 3:44 PM

Poll: » No.6 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jul 28, 2011

174 by SouthRzVa »»
Oct 20, 2023 3:19 PM

Poll: » No.6 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jul 21, 2011

120 by SouthRzVa »»
Oct 19, 2023 3:00 PM

Poll: » No.6 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jul 14, 2011

161 by SouthRzVa »»
Oct 17, 2023 2:56 PM

Poll: » No.6 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Jul 7, 2011

241 by SouthRzVa »»
Oct 11, 2023 8:08 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.