Forum Settings
Forums

MAL Secret Santa 2020: Anime Edition - Sign Up!

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (25) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »
Nov 24, 2020 4:45 PM
Aug 2020
❅ Min-Max length (episodes):
- I'm not too picky about length, however, I would prefer that they be only 1 season. For movies, literally anything is fine haha

❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes):
- I really like both dark-themed animes and romance animes. Honestly, you could probably give me anything that isn't in my dislikes and I'd like it and appreciate it.

❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): *
- I'm not really into anything that has a bunch of fight scenes in it, nor am I super into ecchi or hentai. I also don't really like anything historical or set way way back in the past. I'm not a big fan of animal protagonists either.

❅ Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR):
- Nope, any platform is fine.

❅ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No):
- No

❅ Number of Completed entries on your anime list:

❅ Does your list include everything you've seen?:
- Yes

❅ Link to anime list:
- https://myanimelist.net/animelist/flwrkyo

❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?:
- I'll create one !! :)
Nov 24, 2020 4:46 PM

Jul 2016
❅ Min-Max length (episodes): 1-30
❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Martial arts, slice of life, romance and comedy and perhaps horror
❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Overly sexual harem, HENTAI, reverse harem sexual stuff in general
❅ Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): Netflix and any """"PIRATE"""" site
❅ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): No man I want something new that I'm unaware of
❅ Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 49
❅ Does your list include everything you've seen?: Yeah brother!!
❅ Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Gabwar81
❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Yea.
Nov 24, 2020 4:48 PM
Sep 2020
❅ Min-Max length (episodes): Any
❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes): I'm up for anything
❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Yaoi
❅ Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): No
❅ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): I would prefer it to not be
❅ Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 47 (at the moment of posting)
❅ Does your list include everything you've seen?: Yes
❅ Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Lumen16
❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Elf Gift
Lumen16Nov 24, 2020 5:10 PM
Nov 24, 2020 4:55 PM
Feb 2010
❅ Min-Max length (episodes): Min 12 and Max 24
❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes): All are welcome except really bloody anime
❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Anime with tons of blood
❅ Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): Must be accessible for free
❅ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): No
❅ Number of Completed entries on your anime list:266
❅ Does your list include everything you've seen?: As far as I know
❅ Link to anime list:https://myanimelist.net/animelist/jrockfreak?status=2
❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Gift Exchange
Nov 24, 2020 5:04 PM
Aug 2015
Min-Max length (episodes/volumes): 12-25
Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Historical, Romance, Slice of Life, Drama, any demographic, heavily character based themes
Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Mecha, Ecchi, no hentai please
Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): Would prefer something that is on a legal streaming site, but I am flexible
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): No
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 346
Does your list include everything you've seen?: Yes
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Dida_11
Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: I will participate in Gift Exchange
Dida_11Nov 24, 2020 5:08 PM
Nov 24, 2020 5:06 PM
May 2019
Min-Max length (episodes/volumes):
Preferably 12/13, but I will accept anything

Likes (genres, demographics, themes):
Anything besides dislikes

Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes):
Mecha, Sports, Ecchi/Hentai

Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR):
Preferably on CR/Funimation but if not that is okay

Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No):
Yes

Number of Completed entries on your anime list:

Does your list include everything you've seen?:
Yes

Link to anime list:
https://myanimelist.net/animelist/pqrro

Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?:
Gift Exchange
pqrroNov 28, 2020 1:30 PM
Nov 24, 2020 5:16 PM

Dec 2018
Min-Max length (episodes/volumes): Preferably 2 cours max.
Basically my favorite genres are thriller, mystery and shonen. My top 10 favorite anime are Attack on Titan S1 (great world teasing and plot twists, best OST ever, one the best animations ever), Dr. Stone (amazing MC), Naruto Shippuden (great power system and lore), Steins;Gate S1 (best pacing change ever), Re:Zero S1 (masterpiece of sound, world teasing, characters and animation), Kaguya-sama S1/S2 (Chika is the goddess of anime for me), Death Note (obviously), Gurren Lagann (great escalation and amazing animation), Demon Slayer (great char. design, MC, world, power system) and Vinland Saga (Askeladd is the best).

[Edit] Well, something completely different from all the above (Slice of Life), Yuru Camp, just entered my top 10! The reasons I loved it were it's divine OST (second best for me after AoT) and completely deviceless chill "plot".

I love plot twists/reveals/character catharses, so if a show has some of these and you thought they were forced or predictable, there's still a good chance I'll enjoy them. I also like romance but I hate the oblivious/dense guy trope, and I've been looking for an anime that features a main character romance where the guy falls for the girl but not the other way around (best example I've seen is Re:Zero with Subaru and Emilia; Yesterday wo Utatte kinda does this but not really, and Hamefura does this but it's one of the worse shows I've ever seen). I also like comedy (in fact my favourite character ever is Chika), but I think it's hard to know what kind of sense of humor one has to be able to recommend something.

In terms of characters, it's of course impossible to generalize what makes a good character for me. However, I can say that I somewhat have a pattern for female characters that are cool-headed, kind and, above all, give off a vibe of confidence/skill. Think Shizue Izawa, Crusch, Shinobu Kouchou or Minorin (and also Megumi Katou, Nazuna, Mikasa (S1 only), Felt and Daphne, even though they miss one (or both) of the first two traits). For male characters is really only about the confidence/skill. Think Senkuu, Askeladd, Reigen, Levi, Ayanokouji, Itachi or Garou.

Even though those genres above are my favorite, these are some popular anime I've watched of those genres that I didn't really care much for, namely: Hunter x Hunter (awful character design and inorganic power system), Jojo Parts 1,2,3 (bad power system and fights), Steins;Gate 0 (awful animation, plot and characters), Monster and Shinsekai Yori (both escalate the stakes soooo much without giving anything worthwhile in return in the end (or midway through for that matter)).

I can't stand excessive/out of place fanservice, namely Nisemonogatari, No Game No Life and Fire Force (and Mirai Nikki, Reincarnated as a Slime and Classroom of the Elite to a lesser extent). Oh, I should also mention that hard mecha is kind of a deal breaker (even though Gurren Lagann is within that, but I think the unique animation is what made me like it in that case), as well as hard horror (Tokyo Ghoul, for instance).

Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): No.
Preferably not, specially if they are tagged as High priority. If there really is something you thing would be perfect and it is on the list, you can still recommend it, but then I would kindly ask for another one that is not there, even if it doesn't apparently align with what I stated as my likes and dislikes (it can be one your favorites, for example).

Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 111.
No (there's OVAs and specials I don't list, as well as childhood anime that I mention at the end of the About Me section in my profile).

Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/briliant?status=7&order=4&tag=
Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Gift Exchange.
briliantDec 3, 2020 4:12 PM
Nov 24, 2020 5:18 PM

Dec 2013
Min-Max length (episodes/volumes): Preferably less than 52 episodes.
Likes (genres, demographics, themes): I like a wide variety of shows but some of my favorites common elements include as strong slice-of-life character dramas (Silver Spoon, Hyouka), unique take on fantasy/technology, (Dennou Coil, Kekkai Sensen), comedies in the vein of mundane goofiness (Nozaki-kun, Nichijou), and series with varied casts but especially of interesting, capable leading ladies (Ascendance of a Bookworm, Princess Tutu, Chihayafuru).
Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Yaoi/Yuri, Ecchi/Hentai, also not much a fan of Harem shows, might be ok with a Reverse Harem but only if it would otherwise fit into all my other likes lol.
Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): Nope!
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Yep!
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 364
Does your list include everything you've seen?: Basically yeah.
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/TheMidnightWolf?status=7
Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Gift Exchange! I wanna give!

Central Time (US)
Nov 24, 2020 5:28 PM
Oct 2008
Min-Max length (episodes/volumes): Up to about 24 episodes

Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Magic, romance, action - A rare gem, superpowers, fantasy, sci-fi, aliens

Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Ecchi/Hentai, no top 50, Yaoi/Yuri

Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): Has to be either spoken in English or have English subtitles

Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 76

Does your list include everything you've seen?: No

Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Bookworm86?status=2

Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Create a gift
Bookworm86Nov 24, 2020 5:41 PM
Nov 24, 2020 5:39 PM
Apr 2018
❅ Min-Max length (episodes): Any length
❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Action, Fantasy, Comedy, Scifi, Classics, Adventure, Romance, Horror
❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Yaoi/ Yuri
❅ Any sub/stream restrictions?: I prefer subs but if the dubs are reccomended I can give it a try
❅ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Yes
❅ Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 448
❅ Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/profile/MasterControl
❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Yes I would like to gift exchange with another user
Nov 24, 2020 5:39 PM
Mar 2019
Min-Max length: I'm good with anything.
Likes: I like shounens, and I'm always in the mood for a good romance or mystery. Also, Ghibli.
Dislikes: Ecchi, or really anything over-sexualized. Most harems as well.
Any sub/stream restrictions? I'd prefer if it were on Crunchyroll or Hulu.
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? No
Number of completed anime on your list: 52
Does your list include everything you've seen? All but, like, 1 or 2 shows.
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Jo_March
Will you create a gift for another user or do you only want to receive? Gift Exchange
Jo_MarchNov 24, 2020 6:15 PM
Nov 24, 2020 5:40 PM

Jan 2009
Min-Max length (episodes): Max around 60 episodes (70 etc is fine too, just don't exceed those numbers too much). No min.
Likes (genres, demographics, themes): I'm a Thriller lover. I also really like Psychological stuff (in a "not boring" way). But you don't have to make your suggestion Thriller-only. Just know that I can handle gore, horror, mind-break kind of stuff ;)
Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Isekai, Harem (reverse-harem is okay tho). I don't like "goody-two-shoes" stuff. So I really don't like "this anime is so cute and heartwarming, and every character is the nicest person on earth" kind of stuff. I like some twists, surprises, concept of evil etc. I also don't like "annoyingly nice female protagonists".
Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): Nope, as long as I can find it online.
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Yes.
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 428
Does your list include everything you've seen?: Yes.
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/-Eva-
Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Exchange.
Nov 24, 2020 5:46 PM
Aug 2019
❅ Min-Max length (episodes): I recently finished Black Clover so I want an anime like that. So around 48 episodes or more.
1. As I said, I want an anime like Black Clover or MHA, a pretty long anime in which the main character gets stronger and closer to his goal.
2. I would also like a depressive anime, similar to Tokyo Ghoul or Grisaia, I've searched months for one and couldn't find anything. I would love to get rid of all this excess dopamine I have trough my eyes. (I cry very easily, in Re:Zero I've cried as many times as there are episodes, so I would preffer something with a lot of tragedies)
❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes):
1. Not something I dislike (as it is my favourite genre), but something I am already watching and have a lot of in my PTW: Ecchi and harem.
2. Ugly/special artstyles. I just can't. No One Piece.
3. No slice of life or "relatable" animes.
❅ Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): nUwU
❅ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Yes, there's a mess there, I have more animes in my PTW than I have completed.
❅ Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 72
❅ Does your list include everything you've seen?: Yes, that is the reason I've made a MAL account.
❅ Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/PCracker2000
❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: I haven't watched enough anime and my opinion doesn't matter so Elf Gift
Nov 24, 2020 5:53 PM

Nov 2016
Never done this before

Ignoring that long format just look at my list and recommend me anything you think I'd like.
CPU: i7 6700 | GPU: GTX 1070 | RAM: 16GB | HD: 1TB | Moderators are mean! | D. Gray Man Hallow is UNDERRATED!

Nov 24, 2020 5:54 PM

Apr 2011
30 or less
Almost anything is fine. Give me something you enjoyed.
I'd prefer if it isn't something too popular.
No
No
Yes
Link to anime list:
https://myanimelist.net/animelist/TrustTheFungus?status=2
Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?:
Yes, I would like to give a gift.
TrustTheFungusNov 27, 2020 9:33 AM
Nov 24, 2020 6:18 PM
Aug 2020
Min-Max length (episodes/volumes): no minimum, just nothing over 25 episodes
Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Slice of Life, realistic, not too jokey or laid back but not serious in a dark way
Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): nothing much. As long as it's not 18+ or absurdly popular.
Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): Crunchy Roll (but if you really don't have anything, other streaming services are fine)
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Yes
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 83
Does your list include everything you've seen?: no, there are anime that I've dropped or put on hold.
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/harrysayshey
Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Gift Exchange
Nov 24, 2020 6:29 PM
Nov 2017
❅ Min-Max length (episodes/volumes): Any
❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Romance, Action, Philosophical, Political, Adventure
❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Tragedy/Bad ending, Horror, Yaoi
❅ Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 139
❅ Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/profile/Glacial82
❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Yes (Gift Exchange)
Nov 24, 2020 6:41 PM

Aug 2015
  • For shows, minimum 12 episodes. No limit on maximum length.
  • For shorter shows or movies, please recommend more than 1 :)
Genre:
  • Action, adventure, drama, fantasy, magic, military, police, scifi, thriller
Characters:
  • Machiavellian leaders / underdogs thirsting for power
  • Morally corrupt bishōnen
  • Tragic breakdowns / spiraling into insanity
Story:
  • Intense, long-term, all-consuming rivalries
  • Well-executed fantasy / scifi world-building
  • Wholesome found family shenanigans / chaotic ensemble casts
  • Heists, espionage, and secret missions
Genre:
  • Shoujo, ecchi, harem, mecha, isekai, school, idol
  • Slice of life, romance, and comedy are ok in small doses, if they're not the main genre of the show.
Characters:
  • Damsels in distress
  • Angsty, indecisive, weak-willed protagonists
  • Sickening "cuteness" overdose, lollis, and extremely high pitched voices
Story:
  • Haphazard / grotesque fan service
  • Lazy storytelling, deus ex machina, and poorly explained convoluted lore
  • Heavy reliance on atmosphere, mood, or aesthetic while the story itself is slow, meandering, and has no stakes
Please don't recommend anything from MAL top 100, Studio Ghibli, Makoto Shinkai, Monogatari, Fate, or battle shounen. I already know about them / seen the ones I want.

• No restrictions on streaming.
  • English sub needed.

No. I'd prefer the main recommendation not be on my lists, but you can suggest additional stuff that is already on my PTW.

Yes

Link to anime list:

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/whither

Gift Exchange! :)
whitherNov 26, 2020 6:28 PM
Nov 24, 2020 6:45 PM
Aug 2019
❅ Min-Max length (episodes): 1 to 15 episodes, 2 movies

-Romance
-Friendships
-My favorite seiyuus in one show (not all of them though, can be one. Also my favorite seiyuus can be found in my profile.)
-My favorite idols singing the opening or ending in one show (Can be paired with seiyuus)
- Action
- Musical (Example: Carole & Tuesday
- Kid-friendly

- Rated M,
- Rated RX (Based on MyAnimeList ratings)
- If possible, no titles in Top 500, I think I have them all in my Plan To Watch.

I watch in Gogoanime and Netflix Philippines.

Yes, even OnHold and dropped.

❅ Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 65 Animes

❅ Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Therese217

❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Either is fine, but I would like to Gift Exchange.
Nov 24, 2020 7:03 PM
Jan 2013
❅ Min-Max length (episodes): Min-12, Max-No Max
❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Psychological/Horror, Mystery, Romance, Drama, supernatural/Magic, Josei (I like almost everything)
❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Not really a dislike, but would prefer no popular/well known shonens.
❅ Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): No (if it is on CR, HIDIVE, Netflix that would be great, but it doesn't have to be).
❅ Number of Completed entries on your anime list: Just hit 900 (Will be about 912 at the end of this current season)
❅ Does your list include everything you've seen?: Yes (Only maybe excluding Pokemon episodes)
❅ Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/shinotenshibara
❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Yes I will create a gift for another, I love giving recommendations!
If needed I'm willing to give gift recommendations to more than one person as well. :)
Nov 24, 2020 7:13 PM

Dec 2017
Min-Max length (episodes):
❅❅ Min: 7 - Max: 25 (Recomended: 13) / 23 minutes per episode
❅❅❅Please don'trecommend movies

❅❅ Romantic, Slice of Life, Music, Comedy.
❅❅ Any other genres/demography would be ok.

❅❅ Isekai, Mecha, Yaoi (or similar, yuri is ok), Harem, Ecchi is ok if it's not excessive.

❅ Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR):[/b]
❅❅No restrictions.

❅❅Yes.
❅❅❅ It's ok if you recommend something on my Plan to Watch (even on the 'on hold' list), but it's better if it's unmarked.

❅❅ Currently, there are 224 entries marked as complete.

❅❅ 99% sure that the list includes everything I've seen.

Link to anime list:
❅❅ https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Deimock

❅❅I will create a gift for another user
Nov 24, 2020 7:15 PM
Feb 2018
❅ Min-Max length (episodes):
- min of 10 episodes
- no max unless they are in the dislikes category
- There are three types of anime here:
1: Romance & Comedy where if you want , you can sprinkle a little harem & ecchi on it (A perfect example here is Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai or Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen
2: Action & Adventure & Supernatural/Fantasy with a few examples like Owari no seraph and Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records
3: Wholesome comedy like Himouto! Umaru-chan
- If you can combine the first 2 points in one anime you should be good to go for a good rec. If you find something too quickly tho please go for more than just one rec.
- Also if you find something more interesting than Another on the mystery & horror category, I'll worship you the entire holiday.
- Usually I tend to be too restrictive in terms of the story analysis. That means for example (spoiler alert) in Attack on Titan

- In other terms, to give you something to work with... No cultured anime and any of the yaoi/yuri.
-No One piece & Fullmetal Alchemist
- And btw, don't take too seriously the statement about Attack on Titan , I'm fine with everything as long as it does not include the second point in it.
- Sub please
- I'll be surprised if it's not but sure, you can use my plan to watch list
- 295 for now
- Yep, every single one
❅ Link to anime list:
- Here you go
❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?:
- I want to create a gift for another person aswell.

Alexaandru99Nov 28, 2020 8:28 AM
Nov 24, 2020 7:20 PM

Apr 2020
Min-Max length (episodes/volumes): No minimum of maximum. I enjoy any length!
Likes (genres, demographics, themes): I'm not too picky when it comes to genres, but I do like anime that have some awesome fighting scenes - Naruto, Bleach, HxH, etc - or that keep you on the edge of your seat - Haikyuu.
Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): I'm not a huge fan of the Mahou Shoujo genre or shows that have a lot of raunchy humor.
Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): Nope!
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Of course! It can be on my list or not.
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 100
Does your list include everything you've seen?: Unfortunately not. Some of the anime I've seen is not on MAL. I've listed everything that is on MAL though!
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/bangtanpma
Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: I'm just going to do an Elf Gift. School gets really busy around this time of year.
Nov 24, 2020 7:30 PM
Oct 2019
I’m a medium tier weeb but I’ll join this 👀

* Min-Max length (episodes): Can be any but I’d prefer 25 or under

* Likes (genres, demographics, themes): I love all genres honestly! I am particular towards more weird vibey stuff and romcoms

* Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): No top 50 anime please cause I probably already have it in mind!

* Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): Nope!

* Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Definitely!

❅Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 143

❅Does your list include everything you've seen?: YES!

❅Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/yoslina?status=2

❅Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: I would like to create a gift too!
Nov 24, 2020 7:30 PM
Oct 2019
❅ Min-Max length (episodes): I don't really have a preference, as long as it's not super long like Naruto or One Piece. I'm ok with it being a little longer, although I typically watch the standard 24 ep. shows. I don't mind shorter shows either.

❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Above all else, I value characters and character development over all. I also have recently been getting into older stuff (90's - 2000's) and some of the more obscure/lesser known titles (for instance I watched Tokyo Babylon recently and really enjoyed it.) I particularly enjoy phycological stuff/thrillers and don't mind if it's a little boring or lacks action (in fact, it's fine with me if it doesn't have action; for example one of my favorite shows is Evangelion.)

❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Kinda vague but I don't like typical shounen (Dragon Ball, Naruto, One Piece, Bleach) but I don't dislike a whole lot. So far I haven't seen any anime I particularly dislike so I'm not 100% on what I dislike, just that I think ordinary shounen is boring.

❅ Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): I typically watch dub but sub is ok as well if necessary. No streaming restrictions tho.

❅ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Sure, but new stuff is also welcome!

❅ Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 74 as of 11/24 (don't judge lol).

❅ Does your list include everything you've seen?: Yep!

❅ Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/ThatKidCaiden

❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Elf Gift would be preferable as I can start to get busy around this time, but I'm open to doing a gift exchange if there aren't enough people.

❅ * I'm also very open to receiving more than one recommendation for shows and/or movies, I love watching stuff and it's nice to have other opinions on what I should watch next :) *
ccaidenNov 25, 2020 2:41 PM
Nov 24, 2020 8:00 PM
Mar 2019
❅ Min-Max length (episodes): Maybe a normal 12-13 I can also go for 20+
❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes): I dont mind any genre. I personal favorite are action, romance, slice of life.
❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): I dont like yuri or yaoi thank you very much
❅ Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR):It has to be available in any website
❅ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No):Yes it can but it would be better if its not
❅ Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 203 completed
❅ Does your list include everything you've seen?: not really
❅ Link to anime list:https://myanimelist.net/profile/Hachik003
❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: I might make a gift for a user but we will see
Nov 24, 2020 8:02 PM
Jul 2018

❅ Likes :Action,Psychological thriller,
❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes):Slice of life, Romance,Isekai,and Shojo
❅ Any sub/stream restrictions: No not any
❅ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list: It mustn’t be from that list
* Does your list include everything you've seen?: Yes
❅ Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/profile/Plop2345

Tips:No Anime that’s over 60 or more plz and please tend to avoid mainstream
Nov 24, 2020 8:15 PM

May 2020
Min-Max length (episodes/volumes): 12 episode minimum; and preferably no longer than 24ish. If it's longer cause of more seasons that's not necessarily a problem tho
Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Romance, slice of life, comedy, school, sci-fi, psychological. I like anime with a strong, compelling story and/or engaging character dynamics and has a good romance. I dont care if the romance is the main plot or a subplot.
Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Horror, yaoi/yuri, tournament arc based anime.
Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): Not really.
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): No.
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 123
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Ragerrodent
Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Gift Exchange
Is Blue Box my favorite manga? Not yet...Yes. Yes it is. 

Nov 24, 2020 8:26 PM

Sep 2017
Min-Max length: -200
Dislikes: Classics that are known or mainstream anime
Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): Perferable that's aviable somewhere else than Crunchyroll
Recommendation on Plan to Watch: Yes
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 1796
Does your list include everything you've seen?: There are a few outside of this database, but they are so rare that I doubt it'll even get recommended to me.
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Cybor
Gift recommendations: Of course (Yes)
Nov 24, 2020 8:56 PM

Sep 2017
❅ Min-Max length (episodes): Min 10 episodes, max... probably around 50 episodes.

❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Pretty much everything, as long as I find it entertaining. Bonus points if it's "edgy" and/or "niche" and/or has a supernatural component to it. Also, age rating "14+" if possible?

❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): I don't really "dislike" anything, but I'd rather not watch romance, isekai, drama, overly "memey" or generally uninteresting shows (you can check my Dropped entries if you need a reference of my kinda specific "dislikes").
PS: The anime's popularity MUST be lower than ~400 (yeah,blah blah disliking popular things doesn't make you interesting, whatever).

❅ Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): Not really. I'll do my best to try and find it.

❅ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): I'd prefer it if it wasn't.

❅ Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 206, MAYBE tomorrow I'll reach 207.

❅ Does your list include everything you've seen?: Yes, though I did watch some Dinosaur King episodes which I never added to my list.

❅ Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Enomoto_Akari

❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Gift Exchange, I guess.

~V
Good
Nov 24, 2020 9:11 PM
Apr 2017
Min-Max length (episodes/volumes): Would prefer up to 24, but the shorter the better
Likes (genres, demographics, themes): philosophical fiction, tragedy, drama, experimental stuff, mysteries (to lesser extent)
Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): romantic stuff, comedy, self-insert protags.
Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): nop, I'll find it even if you can't B-)
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 593
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/profile/Klayton
Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Exchange
Nov 24, 2020 9:19 PM
Sep 2020

❅ Min-Max length (episodes): idc but i like min better
❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes): slice of life, mech, romance and comedy
❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): none but i dont watch a lot of shonen
❅ Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): hulu, netflix, HBO or crunchyroll
❅ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): idc preferably no
❅ Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 29 almost 30
❅ Does your list include everything you've seen?: yea
❅ Link to anime list: www.myanimelist.net/profile/skaterweeb
❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)? idk maybe
Nov 24, 2020 9:50 PM
Jul 2020
Min-Max length (episodes): A casual 12 or 24 episode show with episodes around 25 mins would be great.
❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes): I'm ok with anything. The only basics I need are a likable main character, decent side characters, the animation doesn't have to be the best, just needs to have a unique (large emphasis on unique) story. And a bit of romance if possible.
❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Mecha, isekai, shoujo, sports, Yaoi/Yuri, etc. Nothing in the top 300, airing or has been aired in the last 2 years, please.
❅ Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): Nope
❅ Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 327
❅ Does your list include everything you've seen?: Nope. Most of it is missing.
❅ Link to anime list:https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Arneus
❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: (Gift exchange). Gotta at least try to improve someone else's anime-watching experience.
Nov 24, 2020 9:59 PM
Nov 2016
❅Min-Max length (episodes): Any amount is ok with me as long as the series is entertaining.
❅Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Psychological, Thriller, Mystery, Action, Adventure, Comedy. Particularly the shows with a cool plot twist.
❅Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Romance, Ecchi
❅Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): No restrictions
❅Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Yes.
❅Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 320
❅Does your list include everything you've seen?: It should.
❅Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/space_duck
❅Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)? I also plan to create a gift.
Nov 24, 2020 10:00 PM

Jun 2013
Don't have a minimum requirement but max around 50 episodes. (It can be more but only if it's amazing.)
I don't exactly have a genre preference but I like works that stick with me and impact me. My favorite story of all time is Shingeki no Kyojin for example. I like characters that progress or change. I also like flashy things.
No sports, even though I'm sure sports anime are good, I'd just rather watch something else. No movies please, it's very hard for me to get in the mood for movies.
No slice of life or anything like that please, just not in the mood for something like that right now.
No BL or yuri please.
Ecchi is fine if it's light fan service but I'm not looking for heavy ecchi right now, trying to quit watching dirty things.
No isekai unless it's amazing.
Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): No restrictions.
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 533
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/GreenFlame
Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Yes, I want to create a gift.
Nov 24, 2020 10:13 PM
May 2019
Min-Max length (episodes): min - 10, max - 100
❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Serious, non black and white or super simple conflicts, unique art styles or attempts at unique stories. This doesn't apply to comedies, which I enjoy as long as they are funny.
❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Just anything with a lot of anime tropes or very black and white conflicts. I would honestly rather watch a show that attempts to do something new but fails than a show that executes a pretty generic plot perfectly. Also if a show is super popular and not and not on my list, I probably have heard of it but aren't interested in watching it.
❅ Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 128
❅ Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/profile/OnPorpoise
❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Gift Exchange
Nov 24, 2020 10:34 PM

Oct 2019
Min-Max length (episodes/volumes): No preference really. Shows, movies, idc.
Likes (genres, demographics, themes): I'm not picky so I won't specify any genres. I particularly love good character development so I would prioritize that over the genre, demographics, themes, etc, blah blah blah. Just give me something that you love whether it's in your top 10 or it has one of your favorite characters. Can be popular or low-key, i don't have that much on my list so that's not an issue.
Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Not much. I just hate getting hooked on a show that falls off in the later seasons so preferably something with consistency if it has multiple seasons.
Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): Nah
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Sure
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 50
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/XPhoenixRisingX?status=1
Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: I'll exchange if possible.
Nov 24, 2020 10:39 PM
Jul 2018
❅Min-Max length (episodes): i usually watch series with 20 mins with a total of 24 episodes
❅Likes (genres, demographics, themes): i like watching action or shounen with a good story or plot.
❅Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): ...slice of life,yaoi and harem just to name a few
❅Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): no restrictions . I really enjoy watching Sub or dub.
❅Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Yes.
❅Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 61
❅Does your list include everything you've seen?:Yes
❅Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/animedude2006
❅Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)? exchange
Nov 24, 2020 10:43 PM
Mar 2014
❅ Min-Max length (episodes): Prefer 12/24 episode shows but honestly any length is fine.
❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Anything psychological, fantasy, sci-fi or supernatural is ideal. I love the unknown in shows specifically when something happens that isn't expected. Face-heal-turn aspects have also been very interesting to me, but it's rare I come across a show that features this.
❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): I'm not interesting in anything currently airing (I'll probably be watching these anyway). I'm not really looking to watch anything slice-of-life either currently.
❅ Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): Any is fine.
❅ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Yes, I have a lot of shows on my plan to watch list that I added a very long time ago and haven't explored. If there's a hidden gem hiding among the listing, that's something I can explore.
❅ Number of Completed entries on your anime list: TV: 341, OVA: 43, Movies: 45, Spcl.: 39, Eps: 5342
❅ Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/C0SMIC_Thunder
❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Either works.
Nov 24, 2020 10:46 PM
Oct 2017
❅ Min-Max length (episodes): No minimum/limit

❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Comedy that makes no sense up until the point where it's funny is a big go to for me, like Shinchou Yuusha. But I also like isekai, fantasy, adventure, medieval, superpower, psychological, thriller animes. No need to pair comedy or any of those genres up in your selection.

❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): *no popular series such as bleach, hunter x hunter, naruto, etc. Anything else is fine. If it's a comedy anime but slice of life then it's a no no. Prefer not to have animes with episodes that have those 12, 10, 4 minutes, etc. runtimes, but if it's good then anything goes. No older artstyle animes either. If the adaptation is in my manga list then it's a no no.

❅ Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): Subbed, otherwise OK

❅ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Yes, for sure

❅ Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 193

❅ Does your list include everything you've seen?: Yes.

❅ Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/xmcxx

❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: I will create a gift for another user
xmcxxNov 25, 2020 12:23 PM
Nov 24, 2020 10:56 PM
Jun 2020
Min-Max length (episodes/volumes): Max 26 episodes
Likes (genres, demographics, themes): I want a really hard to watch drama anime better if it make me cry, or something psychology.
Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): No popular entries or harem
Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): Without restriction
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 211
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/TheZadock
Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Yes, I'm gonna to create a gift to another user

TheZadockNov 25, 2020 9:30 PM
Nov 24, 2020 11:00 PM
Apr 2020
❅ Min-Max length (episodes): There is no limit
❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Almost everything
❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Horror
❅ Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): Everything OK if
i can find it online
❅ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Yes
❅ Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 51
❅ Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/KrolGoggle
❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: I'm too lazy, Elf Gift
Nov 24, 2020 11:31 PM

Dec 2016
❅ Min-Max length (episodes/volumes): Pretty much the standard 12ish or 24ish episodes. Perfectly alright with episodes that are less than 20 minutes, though I prefer the standard episode length.
❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Anything that focuses more on characters and interactions rather than an over arching story. Definitely a low-key slice of life and *exhales* as degenerate as it may be, something SUPER ecchi. The trashiest of trash please. I'm tired of good storylines haha.
❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): As I'm already asking for trash, there's not much in terms of dislikes except for, I'd prefer a show with only 1 season, though 2 would be acceptable.
❅ Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): As long as I can find it online, I'm cool with anything.
❅ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Nah
❅ Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 206
❅ Does your list include everything you've seen?: Yeah pretty much
❅ Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/kimchi_op
❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: For sure!
kimchi_opDec 13, 2020 12:24 AM
Nov 24, 2020 11:58 PM
Apr 2020
-It would be optimal if the show had no more than 40 episodes. With the perfect lenght being around 24. There is no minimum lenght though so feel free to throw in any OVAs or movies

-According to everything I have ever watched, my most liked genre would be action/adventure but I also have an appreciation for a nicely written comedy or even a romcom.
Basically as long as there are swords or guns and a BANGING OST, I might be interested

-I also have a weak spot for anime that are straight up considered bad or average cause they are great fun for nitpicking

-Im really not a big fan of harem or romcoms that are more about rom than the com. Im also not really a Gundam type of guy so if that was your idea after you read my likes, then tough luck for you x3

-Also from looking at my list, you might think that I dislike seasonal shows and you would be... kinda right. Its not that I don't like it, its just that there are so many older shows that are good that I don't wanna sit and watch more popular/mainstream/trendy anime

Nah. Be sure to tell me if an anime happens to be better in the english dub
Yeah they can
-It certainly lacks basically all Ghibli movies I've seen and I guess also some random romcoms I've watched one episode of and never looked at them again

Link to anime list:
https://myanimelist.net/animelist/SIRWilczek?status=7
Hell yeah I'll make a gift for someone. Will be a nice practice for writing 'n' stuff
Nov 25, 2020 12:06 AM
Jun 2017
Min-Max length (episodes/volumes): 12 - 24
Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Slice of Life/Drama School (Romance is fine too) (Anime must be aired between Winter 2010 - Fall 2020)
Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Eechi, Harem
Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): No
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 88
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/VellKoz
Nov 25, 2020 12:07 AM
May 2020
Min-Max length (episodes/volumes): 24 - 60 Ep
Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Action, Comedy
Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): -
Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): -
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 235
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/BonasKorn?status=2
Nov 25, 2020 12:26 AM
Apr 2020
Min-Max length (episodes): Min 24 Max 1000
Shounen,Horror, Romance, Science fiction, and fantasy.
❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): *
Dialogue heavy shows.
  Something available subbed online for free.

No.
Yes it does.
❅ Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/profile/Tony_Tortellini
❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Yes I will create.
Nov 25, 2020 12:29 AM

Mar 2020
Min-Max length (episodes/volumes): 1-26
Likes (genres, demographics, themes): I like sadism, gore, yandere, yuri, psychological mind games and mystery/conspiracy plotlines
Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): I dislike slice of life/iyashikei anime as they bore me; I'm also not a fun of overly cute girls characters(moeblobs) unless it's for the purpose of Break the Cutie trope; I do however enjoy chibi aesthetic like in made in abyss or panty&stocking
Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): no
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): yes
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 208 (at the time of submitting this post)
Does your list include everything you've seen?: No, it doesnt include anime ive seen in childhood on tv, dubbed and it doesnt include hentai
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/KuroNekoAlchemy
Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: I will create gift
Nov 25, 2020 12:43 AM
Mar 2017
Min-Max length (episodes/volumes): Anything under 50 episodes.
Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Seinen, Josei, Action, Drama, Thriller (These are just my favorites, any categories other than the ones in my dislikes are fine.)
Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Mecha, Isekai/Fantasy, Harem
Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): Nope.
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): No. The anime in my PTW are anime I've already expressed interest in.
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 218
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/EraXYT
Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: I will create a gift for another user.
Nov 25, 2020 12:45 AM
Jun 2019
❅ Min-Max length (episodes/volumes): I'm okay with anything, so as long as it fits the other criteria it's perfect (alongside the recommendation please add your favorite SHORT anime if it's not it already) (also please recommend multiple anime :)))) )
❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes): What I'm begging to see in an anime is a big flashy power system, big beautiful attacks, and stuff. I know it's cliche but I'm a sucker for tournament arcs like the one in MHA, even though I've only seen it implemented once. Honestly what I want to find is a good tournament arc, pure shonen, no thinking just watching my favorite character fight each other with a massive audience. Something else that I want to see is an anime with a lot of media influence, basically, the protagonists become famous through what they do....like in MHA...;-; I swear I'm not a MHA die-hard it just created my desires...soo please find me something like MHA but not so alike that it's a knock off. Multiple series with these themes would be very welcome
❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): I don't like getting disappointed, so if the first season(s)/episodes are AMAZING but then the best character dies, the power system changes, the plot changes....no. Just make it consistent.
❅ Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): As long as it's online it fine :)
❅ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Yes if you can't find something that isn't,
❅ Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 105
❅ Does your list include everything you've seen?: My completed...yeah.
❅ Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/MrHacks?status=7
❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Of course and I'll share my knowledge. :)
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (25) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [CLOSED] Best Signature Design - June 2024 | Nominations

Nate - Jun 2

1 by Nate »»
Jun 16, 3:05 PM

» | CLOSED | Best Profile Design (June 2024) NOMINATIONS

KarenShirotori - May 3

10 by KarenShirotori »»
Jun 14, 10:56 PM

» Best Profile Design (April 2024) WINNER

KarenShirotori - May 3

5 by Bunnyama »»
May 8, 10:11 AM

» Best Signature Design - April 2024 | Winners

Nate - May 1

9 by Bunnyama »»
May 4, 6:59 AM

» [CLOSED] Best Signature Design - April 2024 | Voting

Nate - Apr 22

23 by Nate »»
Apr 30, 12:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.