Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 8, 2012 4:15 PM

Oct 2012
Well, first ep is kinda speedup when comparing to game but every important thing is there so it's a good start :)
Feb 4, 2013 11:32 PM

Jul 2008
Heh, watching Zero first gives a different perspective on this series I imagine.
Mar 4, 2013 1:03 PM

Jan 2012
Well, I'm watching this right after finishing Zero and I have to say I was bored like hell.

Jun 12, 2013 9:28 PM

Nov 2012
yeah finally watching fate/stay night.. well first episode.. my comment is amazing.. its cool.. looks like we see rin, ilya, shiro, and kirei :3

btw the art is not as good fate/zero.. :/
and kiritsugu is dead T,T no that old man is dead.. T.T

oh and what make me sooooo.. fahking dissapointed is I cant see any more from rin or ilya.. I just see some cute from sakura -_- but I have a feeling she is not a good guy, I know it from fate/zero :(
YokamotaJun 13, 2013 4:20 AM
Jun 13, 2013 3:05 AM

Aug 2009
makarov52 said:
yeah finally watching fate/stay night.. well first episode.. my comment is amazing.. its cool.. looks like we see rin, ilya, shiro, and kirei :3

oh and what make me sooooo.. fahking dissapointed is I cant see any more from rin or ilya.. I just see some cute from haruka -_- but I have a feeling she is not a good guy, I know it from fate/zero :(

Kiritsugu died in the last scene of FZ.

And no, Sakura isnt evil.
Jun 13, 2013 3:37 AM

Jun 2009
ssjokg said:
makarov52 said:

oh and what make me sooooo.. fahking dissapointed is I cant see any more from rin or ilya.. I just see some cute from haruka -_- but I have a feeling she is not a good guy, I know it from fate/zero :(

Oh, so Makorov mean Sakura instead of "Haruka". I was honestly confused as to who he meant.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 13, 2013 3:48 AM

Aug 2009
insan3soldiern said:
ssjokg said:
makarov52 said:

Oh, so Makorov mean Sakura instead of "Haruka". I was honestly confused as to who he meant.

Not as bad as changing Iri to Ril that someone else did.
Jun 13, 2013 4:17 AM

Nov 2012
ssjokg said:
insan3soldiern said:
ssjokg said:
makarov52 said:

Not as bad as changing Iri to Ril that someone else did.

lol XD yeah I'm always wrong.. always writing sakura as haruka lol XD

btw @ssjokg really? she is not evil? :/ well so far she is not looking any bad :3 well actually I say she is evil because in f/z she was looked like really love when seeing kariya died in *who was it the grandfather's name?" home.. she say "that's why you dont hear grandfather" or something like that :/ idk that sub is right or not :/
Jun 13, 2013 4:19 AM

Nov 2012
btw @ssjokg kiritsugu died in last scene of F/Z? ah I dont see it :/ what I see is he talking to shiro about he (kiritsugu) was wanted to be a hero.. :/ am I must see again? :3
Jun 13, 2013 6:40 AM

Aug 2009
Makarov try to edit your posts so that you dont double post...

In the end of FZ ,Sakura says that as a realization,not hatred or sadism.That is the final "lesson" form Zouken.In more detail that part from the novel:

Kiritsugu's death wasnt shown in the anime but he dies right after his final line.I think that Shirou's flashback in FSN shows that but I could be wrong since I saw FSN 3-4 years ago.
Jun 13, 2013 10:45 AM

Nov 2012
ssjokg said:

In the end of FZ ,Sakura says that as a realization,not hatred or sadism.That is the final "lesson" form Zouken.In more detail that part from the novel:

Kiritsugu's death wasnt shown in the anime but he dies right after his final line.I think that Shirou's flashback in FSN shows that but I could be wrong since I saw FSN 3-4 years ago.

okay :)

hmm soukka.. that is make sense :3

kiritsugu's death is not show in anime :/ it just telling us he is dead :3
Jun 13, 2013 11:07 AM

Aug 2009
makarov52 said:
ssjokg said:

I mean showing Shirou saying that he died at that point.
Jul 19, 2013 3:42 PM

Oct 2012
ssjokg said:
makarov52 said:
ssjokg said:

Kiritsugu didn't die in 4th grail war.. he died some time after in those ten years before 5th war started. If I remember correctly he died about 5 years before this story.
Jul 20, 2013 3:12 PM

Aug 2009
Mich666 said:
ssjokg said:
makarov52 said:
ssjokg said:

Kiritsugu didn't die in 4th grail war.. he died some time after in those ten years before 5th war started. If I remember correctly he died about 5 years before this story.
So how is that any different from what I said?
Jul 20, 2013 5:07 PM

Oct 2012
ssjokg said:

you said that:

but that's not true, at least game-wise (and I am sure anime will mention this also).

Edit: scrap that, you are right, I thought you were talking about end of Fate/Zero when makarov52 was asking about that.
Mich666Jul 20, 2013 5:13 PM
Jul 20, 2013 5:16 PM

Aug 2009
Mich666 said:
ssjokg said:

you said that:

but that's not true, at least game-wise (and I am sure anime will mention this also).

Edit: scrap that, I thought you were talking about end of Fate/Zero.
But the end of FZ is the part where Kiritsugu dies.If you read the VN you will see that after his final line("I am glad"or whatever)he dies.At least thats what Shirou says.
Perhaps you mean 5 years after the end of the 4th War because at the end of FZ, 5 years have already passed since Kiritsugu saved Shirou.
Jul 21, 2013 11:24 AM

May 2013
Interesting start.
Jul 21, 2013 12:49 PM

Jul 2007
I still can't understand why would anyone bother with this FAIL Adaptation, especially considering there's a remake in the works.

ufotable's Fate/Zero ignores DEEN'S FSN ANIME ANYWAY
Jul 21, 2013 3:11 PM

Aug 2009
Fai said:
I still can't understand why would anyone bother with this FAIL Adaptation, especially considering there's a remake in the works.

ufotable's Fate/Zero ignores DEEN'S FSN ANIME ANYWAY
Was it stated that it will be a remake?

Anyway, DEEN's FSN anime did introduce me to the Nasuverve and made me start reading everything I can(unlike Tsukihime), so I can say at least it does a good work on that.
Aug 7, 2013 7:05 AM

Apr 2013
I can say only one thing about this episode. Way too RUSHED !!!
Aug 7, 2013 7:37 AM

Jul 2007
Always-Hungry said:
I can say only one thing about this episode. Way too RUSHED !!!

Total runtime of anime: ~8 hours.
Total runtime of the whole VN: ~50 hours.

no shit sherlock.

Anime original material also did not help this show.
Oct 30, 2013 3:41 PM

Jan 2013
The pacing was really off this first episode. I guess I'm glad they're trying to fit all the stuff that happened but it came off as hard to follow. If I didn't know the background, I think I'd be confused with some of the stuff. Character designs are adapted well and I'm glad they have the same VAs from the VN.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Jan 11, 2014 1:52 PM

Sep 2012
pretty good episode
Jan 29, 2014 2:15 PM

Jun 2013
Just starting this and for a first episode it was pretty good. Looking forward to the next episode.
May 11, 2014 11:00 PM
Jun 2013
Not bad for a first episode. This guy can become the worlds greatest mechanic.
Aug 21, 2014 10:12 AM

Aug 2012
Loved the novel.
Wasn't impressed by this episode. Seems like a bad adaptation.
Aug 21, 2014 3:49 PM

Nov 2013
alpir said:
Loved the novel.
Wasn't impressed by this episode. Seems like a bad adaptation.
If you read the novel then there's absolutely no reason to sit through this; it will disappoint you horribly.
Aug 21, 2014 6:04 PM

Aug 2012
Botato said:

If you read the novel then there's absolutely no reason to sit through this; it will disappoint you horribly.

Ok thanks for the head ups. I will just skim through it I think.
Another disappointment huh.
Sep 9, 2014 2:32 PM

Mar 2012
Wanna know who's Rin's servant! :o
Sakura acting too differently, in F/Z she was way colder even being a kid. Now she's acting all kawaii and being sweet ._.
Hum, so Kiritsugu died after 10 years? A bit unexpected.
Seems like Kiritsugu's adoptive son can also use some sort of magic.
I like the information "flow" of this episode, makes it even more interesting =) The comedy scenes soft the seriousness of F/SN which is also pretty cool.
So Rin's servant is also an Archer-class, just like her father's.
Wut?! Illya appeared =D I can't say it was unexpected but the character design is basically the same but now she's grown.

Good episode.
Sep 9, 2014 2:41 PM

Jul 2007
b1GZZ said:
Wanna know who's Rin's servant! :o
Sakura acting too differently, in F/Z she was way colder even being a kid. Now she's acting all kawaii and being sweet ._.
Hum, so Kiritsugu died after 10 years? A bit unexpected.
Seems like Kiritsugu's adoptive son can also use some sort of magic.
I like the information "flow" of this episode, makes it even more interesting =) The comedy scenes soft the seriousness of F/SN which is also pretty cool.
So Rin's servant is also an Archer-class, just like her father's.
Wut?! Illya appeared =D I can't say it was unexpected but the character design is basically the same but now she's grown.

Good episode.

The last scene in Fate/Zero already had Kiritsugu dying after saying he's glad. So not "after ten years", but somewhere in between in those ten years.

With weeks left till remake, why would anyone in their right mind sit through this travesty of adaptation?
Sep 9, 2014 2:48 PM

Mar 2012
Fai said:
With weeks left till remake, why would anyone in their right mind sit through this travesty of adaptation?

Cuz F/SN 2014 has a different route. And it's not like you should care about what I watch or not.
Sep 9, 2014 2:55 PM
Jul 2014
b1GZZ said:
Fai said:

Cuz F/SN 2014 has a different route. And it's not like you should care about what I watch or not.
#rekt
I'M GONE NOW
Sep 9, 2014 3:27 PM

Jul 2007
b1GZZ said:
Fai said:

It being a different route does not change the fact that this adaptation is anime-original non-canon mish mash of all routes that amounts to nothing and has no connection to Fate/Zero.
And you are right I am not responsible for your own stupidity/idiocy.
Oct 17, 2014 2:21 PM

Aug 2014
An interesting episode...
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Oct 17, 2014 2:21 PM

Sep 2013
People still watch this?
natsuculeOct 17, 2014 2:25 PM
Oct 17, 2014 3:31 PM

Jul 2007
natsucule said:
People still watch this?

People might have been confused and watched the wrong one~
Dec 7, 2014 1:57 PM
Dec 2014
CookingPriest said:
natsucule said:
People still watch this?

People might have been confused and watched the wrong one~

Lol no one's confused.

1. Being in a franchise already makes people more inclined to watch all the series.
2. Idiots like you think by hating on this anime will get others to stray away from it and it has the opposite effect (I know that's why I'll be watching tsukihime soon)
And finally because you know...it's actually a good show.
Feb 16, 2015 1:47 PM

Apr 2013
So finally it's on my screen too: The Fate series. Was a nice first episode, a lot of talking, it was hard sometimes to keep up with reading the subs. But next episode we'll get some action :)
Feb 16, 2015 1:53 PM
Jun 2014
Gator said:
So finally it's on my screen too: The Fate series. Was a nice first episode, a lot of talking, it was hard sometimes to keep up with reading the subs. But next episode we'll get some action :)

Please do yourself a favor and don't watch this adaptation, it is not too late for you, you still can be saved!
If you don't want to read the Visual Novel, then start with the currently airing adaptation of the second route called "Unlimited Blade Works": http://myanimelist.net/anime/22297/Fate/stay_night:_Unlimited_Blade_Works_%28TV%29

For more information just take a look at this fantastic guide: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1286059

The 2006 F/SN shouldn't be taken as a representative of the Fate franchise due to its inaccuracies, and it's important that you don't allow it to influence your impression of the story and characters when you read the visual novel or watch the 2014 F/SN UBW.
dont_ask_me_idkFeb 16, 2015 2:06 PM
Feb 17, 2015 12:51 AM

Apr 2013
Somebody messaged me the exact same text too, funny how immediately after starting this series people send me this :D
Feb 17, 2015 4:10 AM
Jun 2014
Gator said:
Somebody messaged me the exact same text too, funny how immediately after starting this series people send me this :D

The Fate franchise has a really large fanbase in which almost everyone has the opinion that this adaptation by Studio DEEN is not good. Maybe it is ok as a standalone but when you know this is an adaptation of one route of the Visual Novel, you can not call this one a decent one. The main character Shirou is not portrayed correctly, his character is butchered and the story makes sometimes no sense because they mixed scenes from the other two routes "Unlimited Blade Works" and "Heaven's Feel" into this adapatation. At this point you should really stop watching this Fate/stay night and move on to the UBW tv series because your overall experience and enjoyment will be so much better.
Feb 17, 2015 4:25 AM

Apr 2013
Yeah I heard that much and I try to see it as a "standalone" series together with the UBW movie. Since Fate/Zero and UBW 2014 are much better adaptions, I'll judge the Fate series after watching them and not by this show.

After watching 3 episodes I definitely won't drop this, I'm enjoying it too much right now. But thanks for your advice :)
Feb 17, 2015 4:38 AM
Jun 2014
Gator said:
Yeah I heard that much and I try to see it as a "standalone" series together with the UBW movie. Since Fate/Zero and UBW 2014 are much better adaptions, I'll judge the Fate series after watching them and not by this show.

After watching 3 episodes I definitely won't drop this, I'm enjoying it too much right now. But thanks for your advice :)

At least this is the right mindset.
If you really don't want to drop this, we can't stop you. You have every right to continue watching the DEEN adaptation, but keep in mind, that you will be spoiled by this adaptation because there are scenes included from the other two routes which shouldn't be in this adaptation at all. I would still recommend to set this on hold and start with the better adaptation, but it is up to you.
Feb 17, 2015 4:49 AM

Aug 2014
Gator said:

I'm just saying, even if you decide to watch this, don't watch the UBW movie for sure, seeing as it's the exact same story as 2014, just hacked and rushed with very little context and characterization.
Feb 17, 2015 4:53 AM

Apr 2013
xcllnt said:
If you really don't want to drop this, we can't stop you. You have every right to continue watching the DEEN adaptation, but keep in mind, that you will be spoiled by this adaptation because there are scenes included from the other two routes which shouldn't be in this adaptation at all. I would still recommend to set this on hold and start with the better adaptation, but it is up to you.

I don't really mind spoilers so I rather start with the worse adaption. I rather watch something bad and then something good, so I might enjoy the bad show :)

Insertanamehere said:
I'm just saying, even if you decide to watch this, don't watch the UBW movie for sure, seeing as it's the exact same story as 2014, just hacked and rushed with very little context and characterization.

Until yesterday I actually planned to skip the UBW movie, but then I thought why not, let's see why it's supposed to be that bad ^^ But if you say I'll lose a lot of enjoyment of UBW 2014 I might have to rethink that decision.
Feb 17, 2015 4:54 AM

Aug 2014
Gator said:

Until yesterday I actually planned to skip the UBW movie, but then I thought why not, let's see why it's supposed to be that bad ^^ But if you say I'll lose a lot of enjoyment of UBW 2014 I might have to rethink that decision.

If you want, you could watch it after both seasons of 2014 to compare, though you'll certainly diminish your experience of Ufo UBW if you watch the movie first.
Feb 17, 2015 4:58 AM
Jun 2014
Gator said:
xcllnt said:

I don't really mind spoilers so I rather start with the worse adaption. I rather watch something bad and then something good, so I might enjoy the bad show :)

Insertanamehere said:

Yes, please skip at least that movie since it is supposed to adapt exactly the same story as the new tv series of Unlimited Blade Works. You can still watch the movie AFTER the second cour of the tv series aired (by the end of June) and then compare. Deal or no deal? :(
Feb 17, 2015 5:00 AM

Apr 2013
Insertanamehere said:
Gator said:

If you want, you could watch it after both seasons of 2014 to compare, though you'll certainly diminish your experience of Ufo UBW if you watch the movie first.

Hm in that case I might skip the movie, I'm not too fond of anime movies anyway. Thanks mate :)

xcllnt said:
Yes, please skip at least that movie since it is supposed to adapt exactly the same story as the new tv series of Unlimited Blade Works. You can still watch the movie AFTER the second cour of the tv series aired (by the end of June) and then compare. Deal or no deal? :(

Okay deal, I'm allowed to watch this show but I'll skip the UBW movie. So everyone's (kinda) happy xD
Feb 17, 2015 5:03 AM

Aug 2014
Gator said:
Insertanamehere said:

Hm in that case I might skip the movie, I'm not too fond of anime movies anyway. Thanks mate :)

Well there is/are the Heaven's Feels movie/s that should be watched after Ufo UBW;
http://myanimelist.net/anime/25537/Fate/stay_night:_Heavens_Feel
Feb 17, 2015 5:10 AM

Apr 2013
Insertanamehere said:
Gator said:

Well there is/are the Heaven's Feels movie/s that should be watched after Ufo UBW;
http://myanimelist.net/anime/25537/Fate/stay_night:_Heavens_Feel

Yeah but they haven't aired so far, I'll make sure to watch them when they are out, but probably after Fate/Zero. I heard Rider plays a bigger role there :)

Just for clarification, storywise:
2006 Stay Night != UBW 2014
UBW Movie = UBW 2014
Is that correct?
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Order

Shadow__-Monarch - May 4

23 by Alexioos95 »»
May 7, 10:45 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

TuzoAnime - Jun 16, 2008

83 by FedeMetal »»
May 5, 6:50 PM

» VN fan are annoying as Hell

chevalierkraken - Apr 23

30 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 27, 10:20 AM

» Why do people consider 2006 Fate/Stay Night anime bad?

zckfox - May 13, 2023

45 by chevalierkraken »»
Apr 25, 10:10 AM

» Seriously bro

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Apr 9

10 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 10, 4:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.