Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 7, 2017 10:58 AM

Sep 2013
Black bulls introduced and magna with his initiation , a little stretched out but it's fine.
HyperL said:
So, how much have this episode adapted?

It adapted chapter 4.
Nov 7, 2017 11:01 AM

May 2016
ichii_1 said:
Black bulls introduced and magna with his initiation , a little stretched out but it's fine.
HyperL said:

It adapted chapter 4.

A whole chapter? That's a great improvement. I hope the pacing keeps going at least at this speed.
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Nov 7, 2017 12:16 PM

Jun 2014
This episode was enjoyable but I really don't get why the princess gets so
supercilious after being diminished by her brother.
Nov 7, 2017 1:07 PM

Dec 2016
A fun episode mostly based around Asta meeting most of the members of the Black Bulls. I hope shit starts to pick up soon tho
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Nov 7, 2017 1:15 PM
Feb 2009
Naming the first guy (with Yuno) "Klaus Lunette" when "Lunette" means "glasses" in French, when the guy is wearing glasses...

Basically, he is "Klaus Megane"...

Nov 7, 2017 1:17 PM
Jul 2018
So this episode mainly focused around Black Bull and Asta's meeting with them. Not gonna lie, yeah its rather generic. But holy fuck I would be lying if I said I wasn't giggling in few scenes of the episodes.
Nov 7, 2017 1:31 PM
Mar 2016
The episode was good but I feel like the characters a somewhat a tad boring right now, the black bulls each seem to have only one quirk which felt like they were repeated throughout the episode like “oh I like to fight” or “I eat lots” which was a little annoying.

Other than that the fight was good and the episode was paced quite well. Overall I’m willing to give the new characters a chance to develop further and become more interesting in further episodes an look forwards to it happening!
Nov 7, 2017 2:07 PM
Sep 2017
Best Episode yet. Its been a bit of a climb from episode 1, but this is the episode that definately puts the series in the same with other big long-running action-adventure anime. The lovable mellow energy that made the manga a snap to digest is starting to show off in the anime much better than before. I loved Magna in the manga and his and Luck's masterful anime debut really captivated me along with Magna vs Asta and hypes me for the next episodes more than all of the past episodes so far.
Nov 7, 2017 2:17 PM

Jul 2015
Now i'm liking this anime tbh, at first I thought it'll be a pain in the ass to watch, but i'm enjoying even more since episode 4. I just felt so proud for Asta at end.
Nov 7, 2017 3:02 PM

Sep 2015
Ok that one noble girl from that one past episode got into the bulls (already know who she is).
Nov 7, 2017 3:26 PM

Aug 2015
Finally this anime made me laugh. I loved Vanessa, I think she will become my new waifu. I still cann't stand those screams, I think I'll go crazy for the next fourty episodes... Noelle's personality disappointed me.
Nov 7, 2017 3:39 PM
Nov 2010
Hinata said:
Ok that one noble girl from that one past episode got into the bulls (already know who she is).

I thought she looked familiar, interesting that she isn't on her brother's team, wonder if she was forced to come here.
Nov 7, 2017 4:37 PM
Oct 2015
The screaming got ridiculous this episode, i really hope this will change soon. Next ep should be focusing on Yuno, hopefully.
Nov 7, 2017 5:13 PM

Jan 2014
The voices of the characters are really on point, they're as I imagined them while I was reading the manga, good casting!
The art style and animation is pretty good, hopefully the quality doesn't drop as the show progresses.

If there's one thing better in the Manga, is the fact that you can't hear all the shouting Asta fucking does, I feel like it's getting worse every episode lmao.

Charmy and Vanessa <3
ToppyS2Nov 7, 2017 5:26 PM
Nov 7, 2017 5:33 PM
Jan 2017
Episode 6 the best episode so far..
Nov 7, 2017 5:35 PM

Sep 2017
The Black Bulls definitely have some eccentric members. A lot of similar character types to that of the Fairy Tail guild. I liked this episode, but the narrator giving Asta's thoughts during the fireball scene was kinda dumb imo. Why not just have Asta voice it. Would have been a nice change to hear him think rational thoughts as oppose to random screaming.
Nov 7, 2017 8:29 PM
Jul 2017
I was just happy to see Luck in this episode. Go Murase-chan! I had a great laugh every time Yami told Asta to shut up. I really dislike Asta's voice... though I will admit that his annoying voice literally screams as Asta's defining characteristic, so I'll get used to it eventually. There are so many things I wish I could fix in this anime, especially how Asta's initiation battle went the narration was completely unecessary, but I don't exactly hate Black Clover either. Oh well, 6 episodes out of 50 done...
KurariyonNov 7, 2017 8:36 PM
Nov 7, 2017 8:47 PM

Jun 2014
Introduction of Black Bulls members: literally no different from going to the doctor and being diagnosed with 10 different types of cancer.
Nov 7, 2017 9:26 PM
Mar 2011
This dam show finally started.
Nov 7, 2017 9:31 PM

Jan 2013
This is getting better now, hope it will continue like this.
Now i get why Asta got accepted to this guild xD They are all like him hahah
It annoys me so much the fact that he is always screaming, totally hate it.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 7, 2017 9:38 PM

May 2017
Waiting for the story to get on it's way. If this series is actually 50 eps, I might end up bailing pretty soon. Nothing about it in 6 episodes has really held my attention :c Yuno is the only character I'm rooting for. Ive just felt pity for Asta so far (maybe a little bit proud at the good parts. But pity in general)
Nov 7, 2017 11:13 PM
Aug 2017
Fairy tail fans keep comparing Vanessa to Cana. Cana cannot hold a candle to Vanessa.
Nov 8, 2017 12:24 AM

Feb 2012
Thanks the 2nd part of the ep (the fight mostly) was awesome.
Cause the 1st part was Fairy Tail level of crap...
Nov 8, 2017 1:29 AM

Oct 2008
Yami said " Your height and the volume of your voice are all out of proportion." sums-up the whole episode...no...the whole 51 episodes of this series! Damn! we're gonna experience ear problems for the next 45 episode because of Asta's hellish eternal shouting!
4/5.

Nov 8, 2017 2:07 AM
Aug 2017
ars89 said:
Hinata said:

I thought she looked familiar, interesting that she isn't on her brother's team, wonder if she was forced to come here.

Other squads didn't accept her, only Black Bull, similar to Asta' s situation.
Himawari9Nov 8, 2017 2:12 AM
Nov 8, 2017 2:19 AM
Aug 2017
Username23489023 said:
Fairy Tail rip off time. Almost every character too, happy flying around, drunken cana, elfman obsessed with sister, fat droy, , popular loke. Seems annoying natsu was combined with cool gajeel.

Lets repeat what the narrator told us 3 times.

I don't remember Elfman is a siscon. Gauche's obsession with his sister is on an entirely different level. Grey is another matter, saying any more would be a spoiler and Finral' s personality is different from Loke. Vanessa is nothing like Cana except the drunken part, she is gonna have an important role in the future unlike Cana.
Nov 8, 2017 3:01 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
So Asta ended up joining the Bulls the worst squad while Yuno joined the Dawn the best then. Looks like Yuno will have it tough in a squad consisting of nothing but nobles. Seems the squads rep as fighters isn't exaggerated. Yami's warning was so ironic in that he ended up breaking the wall though. Gordan really is gloomy and quiet thats for sure. Asta's dilemma when faced with Vanessa though. The squad really is full of oddballs it seems. Magma's rites though really were crazy. Asta's grimoire has to be the most unusual ones that the squad has seen. So Asta deflected the fireball instead. But in the end its nice that Asta managed to pass the initiation and be accepted by the rest of the squad though. Vanessa's magic sure was pretty neat though. So the girl also joined the same squad then it seems.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 8, 2017 3:14 AM

Jan 2014
somebody please stop Asta scream, it getting annoying each time I hear it.

the noble girl also join the squad? I thought she would join her brother squad, since she comes from Noble family.
Nov 8, 2017 3:53 AM

Jan 2011
Tsundere detected.
supreme master of the godtaste
Nov 8, 2017 5:44 AM

Jan 2015
I can see that every member of the Black Bull is a "good person" huh? One of the Senior is holding an "Initiation" before Asta can put the robe and officially join them. How thoughtful. :)
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Nov 8, 2017 5:53 AM

May 2012
So we are finally going to see the main girl in the next episode !!!

ichii_1 said:

HyperL said:

It adapted chapter 4.

Really ?! They only adapted 4 chapter in those 6 episodes ?!

How many chapter the 51 episodes will cover ?! The manga has 132 chapter as far as I know !!

thepathNov 8, 2017 5:56 AM
Nov 8, 2017 6:10 AM
May 2015
Nice eps! Grey, cant wait to see his shy face! xd. Magna, luck, vanessa, charmy, noelle, finral, gauche, i love them all! Cant w8 for next eps!
Nov 8, 2017 6:38 AM

May 2014
Really enjoyable episode, best one so far..

Also, have to say I'm slowly getting used to Asta's voice :P
Nov 8, 2017 6:55 AM

Aug 2015
At this point, would it be better to just switch over to the manga? If so what chapter.

Sembreak just started so I should have time lol
Nov 8, 2017 7:02 AM

Oct 2015
All I need to say, that drunk woman gave me boner.

π”šπ”žπ”«π”«π”ž 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠π”₯ 𝔢𝔬𝔲,
π”šπ”žπ”«π”±π”¦π”«' 𝔢𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱π”₯ π”žπ”©π”© π”ͺ𝔢 π”ͺ𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱

Nov 8, 2017 7:51 AM

May 2017
Username23489023 said:
Fairy Tail rip off time. Almost every character too, happy flying around, drunken cana, elfman obsessed with sister, fat droy, , popular loke. Seems annoying natsu was combined with cool gajeel.

Lets repeat what the narrator told us 3 times.

It's not a ripoff...

...if it's better
Nov 8, 2017 9:22 AM

Jun 2016
We just met the Black Bulls, but I already love them all. What an introduction! Hahaha! Asta surely belongs to them and he can fit right in. Haha. The captain telling Asta to shut up. Pfffft.

Too much screaming from Asta yet again. Waaah. I'm still alive.

51 episodes of Black Clover? Sign me the frick up!

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)οΌβ˜†β™ͺβ™ͺβ˜†οΌΌ(^0^οΌΌ)
Nov 8, 2017 11:32 AM

May 2017
Let's see what we have here:
-Captain Yami, AKA best character so far
-The ''He is _____ but he's a good guy'' introduction guy.
-Emo Guy
-2nd rival
-The kid
-The fan-service girl (ironically the girl who doesn't wear clothes has the ''sewing magic'')
-Mineta 2.0, that eats a lot but doesn't get fat
-The pervert, who's obsessed with his ... sister?. The incest pervert
-Big Guy who doesn't talk
-And a girl who's a bitch and didn't introduce herself, which makes me think she's generic love interest
Nov 8, 2017 11:33 AM

May 2017
TheDoggoneGirl said:
We just met the Black Bulls, but I already love them all. What an introduction! Hahaha! Asta surely belongs to them and he can fit right in. Haha. The captain telling Asta to shut up. Pfffft.

Too much screaming from Asta yet again. Waaah. I'm still alive.

51 episodes of Black Clover? Sign me the frick up!

''His name is Asta. He has an annoying voice and is always shouting but he's a good guy.''
Nov 8, 2017 12:21 PM

Jan 2014
backgrounds are really good in this anime

Nov 8, 2017 1:25 PM

Sep 2014
I won't lie, I was 100% sure I would drop Black Clover by episode 5 or 6 once I finished the first one. But since it reached episode 4 this show only got better and better.
This episode was great, the Black Bulls members are pretty fun and the animation is pretty good for Pierrot. The only down side about this episode was the silver haired girl at the end, typical annoying Tsundere.
Nov 8, 2017 7:40 PM

Dec 2008
This was a good episode, Asta did a great job and totally earned his new gear. It's funny how he was told to stop screaming throughout the episode. xD
Nov 8, 2017 9:00 PM

Feb 2017
So we finally get to see the rest of the Black Bulls now. Luck's ok I guess, but we really haven't seen him that much so he might be cool later on, Finral is cool and Gordon is enjoyable. Vanessa is seductive and he's making Asta questioning his love choices lol. Gauche's interesting. Wondering if he get flesh out more. Grey seems dull, but he might be interesting. Charmy is adorable in every sense of way and Magna could potentially be my favorite Black Bull supporting character. So we're finally seeing the silver hair girl in the next episode. Can't wait!
Mankind knew that they cannot change society. So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the beasts.
Nov 8, 2017 9:27 PM
Oct 2007
I seems to enjoy this episode the most so far. Pacing is still dreadful for me but like most said, it's the same with the other shonen animes generally.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 8, 2017 10:08 PM

Mar 2015
grey is

STFU haters!
oh, and don't google it...
KumaNov 8, 2017 10:11 PM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Nov 9, 2017 5:57 AM

Oct 2011
Show's score would jump up a full 1 point if it wasn't for Asta's absolutely dreadful voice actor. He was even worse in this episode than all the other episodes combined.
Nov 9, 2017 2:38 PM

Mar 2014
So I was defending this show until the merry band of trope characters were introduced. The punk/tough/yakuza guy. The hyperactive shota.. wait don't we already have one of those? The drunk woman in her underwear who flirts with everyone. Both the loli and the constant eater in one. The emo/goth/whatever guy. The huge silent guy. The straight up pedophile with a sister complex.
Oh and the leader of the Golden whatever, Griffith.
Nov 9, 2017 2:41 PM

Mar 2014
AlexPlayer said:
Let's see what we have here:
-Captain Yami, AKA best character so far
-And a girl who's a bitch and didn't introduce herself, which makes me think she's generic love interest

I missed those out but pretty accurate.
Nov 10, 2017 1:24 AM

May 2012
Notice how the Wizard King actually wields a sword as well. My best guess is
“They stood together in a false intimacy, a nervous contact. And he was in love with her.”
― D.H. Lawrence, Women in Love

Nov 10, 2017 3:15 AM

Aug 2017
Looking back on the events this episode covers & reading the manga chapter that just came out this is where I think Black Clover starts being more enjoyable. The expanding cast.

Black Clover is one of those shows where nearly every other character is legitimately more enjoyable than the MC. So yeah now that Asta has a gaggle of interesting okay entertaining characters at least to bounce off of will make things more bearable as long as he talks less & less.

Its this arc no wait like 2 arcs down I think is where things start getting epic. So hopefully the anime gets there quickly without fucking up the pacing anymore than it already has.
I used to be a watchmaker.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 47 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2018

69 by thoronmi »»
Yesterday, 9:35 AM

Poll: » Favorite op?

infinite_Shadows - Mar 18

18 by Kizuki01 »»
May 22, 12:50 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 156 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2020

57 by Vindicater »»
May 20, 5:38 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 155 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2020

46 by Vindicater »»
May 20, 5:17 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 79 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2019

46 by drexneesh »»
May 17, 10:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.