Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 13, 2016 9:24 AM
Jan 2015
I got freaggin Gon vs Neferpitou vibes from this episode it was that intense.
Mar 13, 2016 9:29 AM
Dec 2015
dokidokidoing said:
Celinha87 said:

Me too!!!
Hhahaha it's strange, but I like McGuillis and Gaelio so much!

RIP Carta.. I like her.. and what a terrible death :(

You do realise he's playing both of them like a fiddle, right?

Yeah, but Orga is annoying me with his words about revenge, but when the shit happens he goes to bedroom ¬¬
Mar 13, 2016 9:45 AM
Dec 2015
Valkata said:
I really don't understand what is all that love for McGillis. Don't people see that he knew that Mika would crush her and kill her ? In fact if I remember his speach, he was saying about Carta and Gaelio "they WERE my friends", he is playing them both on his fingers. Mika is a beast, but he will never betray anyone from Tekkadan, unless they betray him.

I agree with you, I like how Mikazuki is a savage, but he has responsability with his actions, but Orga don't have responsability with his decisions.
Mar 13, 2016 9:45 AM
Apr 2011
GhostofSide6 said:
Wow, Mika just defeated three mobile suits by himself without even breaking a sweat. Riveting. What an interesting protagonist.
Sarcasm? What's that?

Also, all this talk of revenge can only mean one thing: they're going to learn about the endless cycle of revenge. And judging by how ruthless the series has been up until now, i can only assume that they are gonna have to learn the hard way (read: everybody's gonna fucking die).

I still hope this series doesn't go down the path of cheap forgiveness like most other Gundams though, since forgiveness is meaningless without atonement. Cycle of revenge is bad, but cheap forgiveness is worse IMO.
Mar 13, 2016 9:49 AM
Dec 2015
A-Knight said:
GhostofSide6 said:
Wow, Mika just defeated three mobile suits by himself without even breaking a sweat. Riveting. What an interesting protagonist.
Sarcasm? What's that?

Also, all this talk of revenge can only mean one thing: they're going to learn about the endless cycle of revenge. And judging by how ruthless the series has been up until now, i can only assume that they are gonna have to learn the hard way (read: everybody's gonna fucking die).

I still hope this series doesn't go down the path of cheap forgiveness like most other Gundams though, since forgiveness is meaningless without atonement. Cycle of revenge is bad, but cheap forgiveness is worse IMO.

I think that Cycle of Forgiveness will just happen at the final of season 2.

AND... Im thinking better and I guess Carta didn't die!
Mar 13, 2016 9:56 AM

Jun 2013
they turned Ein into a mobile suit and damn Mika that was brutal
Mar 13, 2016 10:03 AM

Apr 2008
Hypocritical anime, Tekkadan killed a whole bunch of people, a WHOLE BUNCH. Then Biscuit dies and they go mad with desire for vengeance?

Carta and her men recieved a valuable lesson in battlefield conduct. Too bad they didn't stick around to benefit from this knowledge.
ZingFreelancerMar 14, 2016 1:15 AM
I shall know no fear as I am fear incarnated
Mar 13, 2016 10:13 AM

Dec 2014
Fantastic episode.

Mika was absolutely savage!
I suppose he knows the reality of war all too well, There's no pride or honor in it just kill or be killed. The OST during the fight made it so much better

Not sure if Tekkadan dwelling on revenge is a good motive for them to move forward but it's the thing that's holding them together now.

Ain was fused into the Gundam? Did not expect that.

Not like she played a huge role but R.I.P Carta.
Mar 13, 2016 10:21 AM
Apr 2014
This has some of the worst character development I've ever seen......... and its almost 3edgy5me.
Mar 13, 2016 10:22 AM

Dec 2011
What a violent and savage fight. Really like the symbolism when they closed up Barbatos with water on the head, representing Mika's tears... at the same time his anger for the death of Biscuit.

The Kimaris looked pretty cool looking like a knight with horse.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 13, 2016 10:36 AM
Jun 2008
Man that was brutal.
Kinda horrific at some point.
Mar 13, 2016 10:38 AM
Nov 2009
This is all part of McGillis plans to get Carta dead.

What freaked me out that I didn't notice before was that all of Carta's minions were all hand picked to look like McGillis. Man she was obsessed with him.
Mar 13, 2016 10:57 AM
Sep 2015
Anyone else get goosebumps when that orchestral variation of the main theme played briefly near the end?

Can't wait for the OST
Mar 13, 2016 11:09 AM

Feb 2015
I have to say that Carta's death was moving, and even now I'm still wondering who to back. And which side should come out.

On the other hand, I kinda like Mika even more, I mean I bet he knows the "Death" game of the world, there is no room for a good old school battle, it's kill or be killed plain and simple.

Anyone know when they are going to release the dubbed ver? (I'm hoping it's done well to seal off this amazing package)
Mar 13, 2016 11:16 AM
Dec 2015
Spykr_Magio said:

What freaked me out that I didn't notice before was that all of Carta's minions were all hand picked to look like McGillis. Man she was obsessed with him.

You want to say: She was in love with him.
Mar 13, 2016 11:18 AM

Dec 2008
I think things are getting a bit too bloody and violent for Merribit. She'll probably be leaving Tekkadan.

I disliked Carta, but damn I was feeling bad for her when Mikazuki was brutally and mercilessly beating her down. However, did she really think that she could negotiate a fair fight with a bunch of "space rats"? Especially after she killed one of Tekkadan's own.
Mar 13, 2016 11:22 AM
Oct 2007
Hmm..

With this episode, I am not too sure if Sunrise is taking this series seriously.. Why do they not have enough budget to animate this consistently or even take it up a notch? Slightly disappointed

Still like the episode nonetheless (as a Gundam fan)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 13, 2016 11:59 AM

Apr 2014

That crying barbatos looks horrifying.

Kind of ironic how Carta wanted a fair fight yet two episodes ago she chased the mobile suit worker with Buscuit and Orga in it while she was fighting Mika. Anyways seeing Mika crush all those mechs was so satisfying.

dokidokidoing said:
Celinha87 said:

Me too!!!
Hhahaha it's strange, but I like McGuillis and Gaelio so much!

RIP Carta.. I like her.. and what a terrible death :(

Yep just like Char
Mar 13, 2016 12:16 PM
Jul 2018
Mika was quite ruthless in this episode.
Mar 13, 2016 12:31 PM
Dec 2015
Z4k said:

dokidokidoing said:

Yep just like Char

That's it! McGuillis is just the perfect Char Clone, he has the same personality.
Mar 13, 2016 12:50 PM

Oct 2007
luccide said:
Hmm..

With this episode, I am not too sure if Sunrise is taking this series seriously.. Why do they not have enough budget to animate this consistently or even take it up a notch? Slightly disappointed

Still like the episode nonetheless (as a Gundam fan)

Most of their better animators are tied up on Thunderbolt and Origin right now. More than likely a lot of this series gets outsourced unfortunately
Mar 13, 2016 1:04 PM

Jul 2014
Am I the only that feels like Tekkadan's more of an antagonist group role while the other's are the protagonists, these kids are scary as fck, not that I dont understand where they're coming from, I mean at a young age they had been abused and experimented on with those "araya shiki" but damn..... especially Mika, if they continue on like this then they'll most likely die.

At least it isnt a far stretch to say that Mika wanted to reach the place that Orga was talking about turns out to become the after life, at least there you wont need food and a place to rest lol.
Mar 13, 2016 1:12 PM

Sep 2010
Ein is now a Gundam *Setsuna glaring darts of jealousy in the distance*

I liked Carta tbh, but she was fucking dumb this is war dumbass no one ain't gonna wait for you to finish talking or give you a fair duel especially after you killed one of their members. Her death was sad R.I.P.

Mika being savage never gets old.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Mar 13, 2016 1:41 PM
Feb 2016
I don't know, Mikazuki seems like such a one-dimensional character and half of the time it seems like he's not the main lead but a side character! He's just there to operate the Gundam he's not participating in any other activities..
Mar 13, 2016 1:42 PM

Mar 2014
Wow Carta stayed true to her ideals to the very end. Expecting a fair fight from Tekkadan after killing one of them was her last mistake though.

I keep asking this every week, but HOW are they gonna wrap this up in TWO episodes?
Mar 13, 2016 1:53 PM
May 2014
Man...I am really sad for Carta's death, cause I found her sillyness to be pretty endearing.

McGillis is such an asshole, holy shit. I am pretty sure he is using Carta's death as tool to destabilise his father's position.
And then when Gaelio dies and he marries Almiria, he has become the heir to the Bauduin family.

So, McGillis two "friends" might really be helping "reform" Gjallarhorn.
Mar 13, 2016 2:11 PM
Aug 2015
GhostofSide6 said:
Sarcasm? What's that?

Technically, he didn't defeat any suits, he slaughtered them. And they are pretty much grunts, with horrible pilots as proven in previous episodes.
Mar 13, 2016 2:12 PM
Aug 2015
Brobot said:
so ein became a robot? setsuna from 00 would be pretty jealous if he saw that. it's also funny to see okada kinda reusing a plot point of her last series m3.

carta's death was really brutal, even barbatos was crying

At least Setsuna can walk around outside of the 00 Quanta, Ein is pretty much stuck in there I bet.
Mar 13, 2016 2:14 PM
Aug 2015
Psycho_Shin_Ken said:
I hope Carta is not really dead.

She barely did anything , save for killing Biscuit, and had so few screentime for a major antagonist, Ein probably will be more relevant to the plot than her, what a shame....

Well, we saw Ein since the first episode, so it makes sense if he has more screen time.
Besides, pretty sure Carta is dead, you could see her iris go dull, and all her McGuillis minions are dead, there's nothing left for her basically.
Mar 13, 2016 2:15 PM
Aug 2015
agrg25 said:
let's just say for any reason, could and would mika kill kudelia?

Sure, of course, it's not like he's after her tits or pussy.
Mar 13, 2016 2:18 PM
Aug 2015
Harotaros said:
For some reason, I started to not care or feel anything towards the Tekkadan crew a few episodes back. I felt sadder seeing Carta's death than when i saw Biscuits.

Gaelio (Ein in second) is probably my favorite character in this series since i felt more attached to him than i do with any of the Tekkadan crew. Earlier in the series, Akihiro had the brother thing going on which was nice, but since then he hasn't grown that much.

Somewhat agree, Mika is starting to give that Jesus Yamato feel.
Mar 13, 2016 2:26 PM
Aug 2015
eljay518 said:
Great episode! The way this show keeps throwing in your face how honorable the antagonists are make me like them so much lol. But then i rememeber how ghallarhorn has is corrupt ruling organization.

Mika is so god damn RUTHLESS!
I hear a lot of revenge talk on mikas part in this post and I kinda disagree. In that entire fight not once do you see him say "this is for biscuit!" b4 the deathblow or anything along those lines he actually even says something like "I gotta kill you kuz your in my way" which makes me believe mika is really just a sociopath on the low.
Last episode he wanted bodies to kill and hey guess what he got em!
He's starting to remind me less of heero yuy and more like dexter lol

lol, he's nothing like Heero or Setsuna. In the discussion from last episode, I stated that Mika makes the other two look like Disney princes in comparison, and I stand corrected.
Mar 13, 2016 2:27 PM
Dec 2015
yuriski said:
Man...I am really sad for Carta's death, cause I found her sillyness to be pretty endearing.

McGillis is such an asshole, holy shit. I am pretty sure he is using Carta's death as tool to destabilise his father's position.
And then when Gaelio dies and he marries Almiria, he has become the heir to the Bauduin family.

So, McGillis two "friends" might really be helping "reform" Gjallarhorn.

It's a possibility and shows how McGuillis is similar with a MONSTER like his father.
Mar 13, 2016 2:41 PM
Aug 2015
HatsumiShinogu said:
While I like McGillis, wasn't he only fooling Carta? I bet he knew that she liked him and he used that to his advantage. I hate that he's trying to use Gaelio as well and I really hope that Gaelio doesn't end up killing him. That sure would be sad and tragic. Well, if Gaelio doesn't die, that is.

Come on, isn't that obvious? He's a Char clone for Christ sake, and a very good one at that. I think he is the second best Char clone, right after Rau Le Creuset.
Mar 13, 2016 2:44 PM
Aug 2015
Valkata said:
I really don't understand what is all that love for McGillis. Don't people see that he knew that Mika would crush her and kill her ? In fact if I remember his speach, he was saying about Carta and Gaelio "they WERE my friends", he is playing them both on his fingers. Mika is a beast, but he will never betray anyone from Tekkadan, unless they betray him.

That's what makes him so likable, he's a very good Char clone, just like Rau Le Creuset.
Mar 13, 2016 2:46 PM

Apr 2012
That was cruel. Somehow I'm starting to root for Gjallarhorn, I don't know why.
Mar 13, 2016 2:46 PM
Dec 2014
K-Anime said:
What a tense & brutal episode. I feel sorry for Carta. No mercy from Mika until he hears Carta calls out for McGillis. And Ein is now a Gundam and that might be problem for the rest of Tekkadan, especially for those piloting the mobile workers. Also, this episode our protagonists seem almost villainous.
Not me The bitch Got what she deserved she killed a friend what was Punished Mika supposed to do ? I say fuck that he did the right thing They should keeping with this mind set.
Mar 13, 2016 2:48 PM
Aug 2015
Spykr_Magio said:

Come on, I thought that was pretty obvious after seeing their first flashback.
Mar 13, 2016 2:49 PM
Dec 2014
Ken_Chen said:
Harotaros said:
For some reason, I started to not care or feel anything towards the Tekkadan crew a few episodes back. I felt sadder seeing Carta's death than when i saw Biscuits.

Gaelio (Ein in second) is probably my favorite character in this series since i felt more attached to him than i do with any of the Tekkadan crew. Earlier in the series, Akihiro had the brother thing going on which was nice, but since then he hasn't grown that much.

Somewhat agree, Mika is starting to give that Jesus Yamato feel.
NOPE not even Kira is a guy who Never shuts up about war is Wrong Blah Blah Blah Mika on the other Has no time Bullshit and if anyone piss him off their dead its really that simple
Mar 13, 2016 2:52 PM
Dec 2014
Delmat said:
I don't know, Mikazuki seems like such a one-dimensional character and half of the time it seems like he's not the main lead but a side character! He's just there to operate the Gundam he's not participating in any other activities..
Huh what ? pretty sure this episodes and the ones before it have made it very clear he is not one-dimensional I think your confusing that for Gundam seed Pls show me evidence of this he doesn't preach about how war is bad like the other Gundam MC ( minus Heero ) setsuna kinda did at the end of season 2 saying war is wrong
Mar 13, 2016 2:57 PM
Dec 2014
ZingFreelancer said:
Hypocritical anime, Tekkadan killed a whole bunch of people, a WHOLE BUNCH. Then Biscuit dies and they go mad with desire for vengeance?

Carta and her med recieved a valuable lesson in battlefield conduct. Too bad they didn't stick around to benefit from this knowledge.
Fuck Carta and those Rich assholes what ever they get makes me Happy
Mar 13, 2016 2:57 PM
Aug 2015
LauraBirdie said:
Wow Carta stayed true to her ideals to the very end. Expecting a fair fight from Tekkadan after killing one of them was her last mistake though.

I keep asking this every week, but HOW are they gonna wrap this up in TWO episodes?

They don't, especially after they revealed that there will be a season 2. Pretty sure this was a haste attempt at redemption after the horrible G no Reconguista.
Mar 13, 2016 2:58 PM

Jun 2008
I laughed at 3d birds, they just look so cheap and fake.

Not a fan of the current development for Tekkadan kids, especially Ride and Takaki. I hope they'll snap out of it before more than half of the group is killed.

I feel sorry for Carta, she was underutilized as a character. McGillis seems less and less sympatethic. Gaelio is good so he'll probably die soon.

So, if the side materials say Carta's 17. that makes Chocolate Man and Gali-Gali like... 15? She looks older than them in the flashbacks.
Mar 13, 2016 2:59 PM
Jan 2015
Reite said:

Not a fan of the current development for Tekkadan kids, especially Ride and Takaki. I hope they'll snap out of it before more than half of the group is killed.

I feel sorry for Carta, she was underutilized as a character. McGillis seems less and less sympatethic. Gaelio is good so he'll probably die soon.

So, if the side materials say Carta's 17. that makes Chocolate Man and Gali-Gali like... 15? She looks older than them in the flashbacks.

Maybe she matured faster
Mar 13, 2016 3:03 PM
Dec 2014
Reite said:

I like where Tekkadan is going their Humans that are pissed off about what happen to one of their one, It would be very strange if they didn't get pissed off which is why I love IBO its kinda realistic in that sense .
Mar 13, 2016 3:03 PM

Oct 2011
Carta got what she deserved in the end.
Mar 13, 2016 3:04 PM
Dec 2014
AnimeFan500 said:
Carta got what she deserved in the end.
This man Understands :) Thank you
Mar 13, 2016 3:14 PM

Jun 2008
lord23 said:
I like where Tekkadan is going their Humans that are pissed off about what happen to one of their one, It would be very strange if they didn't get pissed off which is why I love IBO its kinda realistic in that sense .

It's not the first time one of their own got killed. Remember Shino's squad? They had a funeral, but no one swore revenge for them.
I know Biscuit is a main character for us viewers, but for Tekkadan, every member should be of the same emotional importance. And those guys just got ignored because they were extras...

But you're right, it is realistic, because they're behaving like children they are.
Mar 13, 2016 3:29 PM
Dec 2014
Reite said:
lord23 said:

It's not the first time one of their own got killed. Remember Shino's squad? They had a funeral, but no one swore revenge for them.
I know Biscuit is a main character for us viewers, but for Tekkadan, every member should be of the same emotional importance. And those guys just got ignored because they were extras...

But you're right, it is realistic, because they're behaving like children they are.
I thought it was funeral for those other kids who are with that dude who looked like a pig and the who said Mika liked killing ?

Also even if those guys from a couple episodes ago died I'm pretty sure Biscuit was the last straw and they worn't gonna take it anymore its like a breaking point that why its realistic Because everyone at least has a braking point ( at least that what I like to believe ) I remember now they did die But the already took revenge on the guys who did it so whats the point ?
Mar 13, 2016 3:39 PM

Apr 2013
If someone who didn't know this series watched this episode first, they'd take Tekkadan as the enemy and Mika as a psychopath, which isn't exactly off tbh. McGillis is a dick of an enemy btw. He's basically double crossing everyone to the point I don't even understand his end game. Good episode, though.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2016

245 by wallus81 »»
May 3, 8:17 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2016

148 by wallus81 »»
May 3, 1:08 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2015

176 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Apr 25, 2:34 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2015

160 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Apr 24, 11:09 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2015

285 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Apr 23, 10:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.