Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Jul 11, 2019 5:45 AM
Jan 2018
Episode 13 - 24 was filler
Aug 14, 2019 3:46 AM

Jan 2016
Dunno why people found it boring, I personally loved it! I guess it has to do with how much you like the characters.

But yea it's kinda amazing how J.C has done Accelerator and Railgun justice somewhat but always fails when it comes to the mainline Index. Mind you that the novels are fantastic but all I ever got out of their anime was how some places and events took place in comparison to the image that the books gave me.

8/10 honestly because I never found it boring

Now on to the infamous Railgun S and the TRUE sisters arc
Aug 27, 2019 12:36 PM

Oct 2018
I love the fact that Sara Palin-looking bitch was thwarted by a Level 0 and the Railgun FTW.
I always lose at disc golf. I keep throwing the game.
Jan 1, 2020 3:10 PM

Oct 2019
It's so boring without Accelerator and the fillers is so boring.
6/10
Feb 7, 2020 2:16 AM
Mar 2012
Skipped some fillers on my first watch, so on rewatch, saw all episodes. Fillers seem ok. Last Level6 arc deranged villain was 1D and silly. Good epic fights, but previous arcs were better.
Arcs for Kiyama, biker gang, capacity down, level upper all interesting.
Misaka's quite hilarious with Touma around, always wish to see more Touma.
Saten feels like the best grill, realistic ambitions, positive & brave despite level 0.
Many characters were annoying on original watch, but on rewatch their funny & fine (except a few parts with Uiharu being weird). Maybe fillers had more Saten so finally remember this character and other older supports.
Feb 9, 2020 12:11 PM

Sep 2018
The ending of this narrative arc is all too successful, with a fairly leathery enemy and enough action scenes. The arc ends, but there is still a moth still to be discovered and developed, excellent for building a sequel, as is happening in the third season of the series. On a qualitative level, this anime series has been taken care of in terms of drawings and animations, ditto the backgrounds, the CG is not very good. The Railgun series surpasses (I'm sorry to say) that of Index.

My vote is 8.75/10.
Apr 18, 2020 7:05 AM

Aug 2018
Well, honestly, it's nice seeing Kuroko and Kongou working alongside together.. ;P
Kuroko and Misaka working together is actually a rare nice sight as well.. ;p
A satisfying happy end~ Nice, I like the conclusion~
Hm?.. Calling romantic ideas in spirit of Misaka?.. Well, I guess, you can watch at her liking cute things as liking romantic things.. Maybe it's a close thing.. I never actually thought about it like that.. It's interesting point of view, actually.. Question is, though.. Is it like this?.. Hm.. Liking cute things doesn't necessary mean that you like romantic things as well, from the one hand.. From the other hand, if you like cute things.. You might be more dreamy and stuff.. At least Misaka is.. And so she can be more sensitive to romantic things as well..
And yeah.. I see, how children thanks to Kiyama actually are romantic.. In a way only, but still.. It's expression of their love to teacher..

Overall, it was a nice anime.. I only watched Index season 1 before from this series, and now this Railgun season 1.. I thought that maybe a lot of characters were introduced, but they'd need more screen time, really.. So it was nice seeing more about characters, in particular.. Stories were nice as well, especially the central one around Kiyama and her children.. It was the story of whole season pretty much, minor incidents related to this major one story.. But really I don't care that much about stories anyway, even if this one was done interestingly.. What I personally care the most are characters.. And we got plenty of focus on them.. I like many of them.. Main 4 girls.. Tessou.. Even a bit Kongou.. Haruue.. Juufuku.. And of course character of Kiyama is just as good as you can get, really - just a very likeable woman she is.. Also Tessou's character left big impression for me.. Even if she had only 1 episode focus on her.. I especially liked these centered around characters episodes, honestly.. Overall, a nice continuation to a nice start in To Aru anime series.. I'll probably want to watch even more of it in the future, be it Index, Railgun, or something.. But it's for the future.. And for now.. I'm glad I'm liking the characters from this anime.. It was an enjoyable watch.. ;P
Jun 27, 2020 1:53 PM

Aug 2018
This ending was really good compared to the anime itself. I especially like how the first antigonist turned out to be innocent (well, she did things but c'mon we all know why she did...). It was good to hear both openings and the first ending at the end! :D
Jul 25, 2020 3:43 PM

May 2016
Good ending but the midway was boring 6/10
Surely gonna watch the two other sequels.
Oct 28, 2020 11:24 AM

Dec 2016
so glad that Saten could be useful even she doesn't have an ability. really enjoyed this show so i'll keep watching the next seasons for sure.
Jan 11, 2021 2:08 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Ever since that weird swimsuit episode halfway through this season I realized I was really not having a good time, wanting to like this but in reality just about bored out of my mind. Took me too long to realize that this shit was insufferable for me; I was just disillusioned by my desire to enjoy this because of the impressions I have gained for this world, from videos such as gigguk’s which say this is a universe worth exploring.

Now first off, this is only the one SPINOFF season of the real meat which is index so I shouldn’t be too sad right? Well I am sad because apparently these railgun spin-offs are more enjoyable than index which apparently is boring, even for the fans that that came from the manga and light novels and whatever. As a newcomer who doesn’t know anything about academy city, I’m just gonna assume they’re going to find this flat out just plain boring. If you’re a hardcore fan of this stuff then yes I guess this is pretty good. But even still you can’t ignore all that filler that they tried to pad the run time with.

Second, I hear it’s railgun S we’re things REALLY get to go down. Because in this season we only got a handful of lacklustre esper fights and the rest of it is just garbage annoying middle school slice of life shit. Maybe you dig it but for me who’s seen enough of it already, I really don’t need more. Anyway, I am still going to watch railgun S of course, because I do want to see what it is highly praised for. I want cool esper battles, and I’m hoping that they’ll deliver. Or maybe I’m just waiting for accelerator to show up to spice things up a little, who knows. Even if railgun S turns out to be just slightly less boring than this season was, I still do plan to watch the first index as well as railgun T. Don’t know if I want to watch index II and III though, as it seems that even the fans consider those not as good.

Anyway, I was really hoping to enjoy this, but really I wish I had spent that time watching something else. Started fast forwarding through lots of that filler, and by the time I reached those final few episodes which actually had some substance, my mind was not in the zone anymore. Objectively speaking it’s really just fine, but personally it was a waste of time and I was really hoping for more good stuff. 4/10

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 2, 2021 7:42 AM

Jan 2021
JUST WOW😲😍!! I came in expecting some cute girls doing cute stuffs in a scientific city but the plot, character development, lovable characters and the soundtracks overall left me open mouthed at the end of this season as to why I didn't I watch this great of an anime sooner!!

P.s- This dub is also lit, and just cuz Kuroko calls Misaka sissy here instead of Onee-sama in the subbed one doesn't mean that the whole dub is bad overall😤.

Mar 23, 2021 11:28 AM

Apr 2019
well it was an okay ending, this was definitely better than index but the final battle and final villain were pretty uninspiring and boring. liked the slice of life moments the most, the stuff with kiyama was decent too.

5/10

Apr 7, 2021 11:53 AM

Jul 2017
Good episode and a good finale to an overall, average season due to the amount of wasted episodes there really was over here. Felt like such a drag at times where really nothing of note happened with world building or chemistry or development, etc. But this was a fairly action packed episode charged with emotions of helping those children Kiyama cared a ton for. Shame the villain for this arc was such a corny, one dimensional one (and really had to have the same voice and facial reactions as Beatrice from Umineko, who I still miss after playing the VN and loving her recently).

Level Upper arc was by far the peak of this season and was the only really damn good I'd say from this season but this arc too was a solid one to wrap it up for now. The world really does have a lot of potential and Index and Railgun should have the capabilities of being legitimately great, but both series in ways wastes that potential, at least just considering the first season of Railgun and not the 2nd or 3rd one. Those at least are more plot heavy so automatically should be better, but the 1st one definitely should have been a lot shorter overall.
May 11, 2021 2:06 PM
Sep 2020
Lovely fight scene and a fantastic episode !!!!!

Saten really helped out there !!!!! The kids are saved and they are safe now !!

Love the way they ended the first season and I was just happy seeing Touma and index was there !!!

I cant wait to watch season 2 !!!! I love this anime !!!
Aug 12, 2021 8:24 PM

Jul 2019
Classic tropes done right perhaps? It was definitely worth a re-watch I would say. I found it more appreciative this time around. Still, if only other episodes were handled more like this one. Otherwise, it wouldn't have been a waste of episode count.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Aug 16, 2021 2:38 PM

Oct 2017
wakka9ca said:
again, filler arc is disappointing. I'll pretend the second half of the season never existed....

That cliche villain ruined it all :/

another_anon said:
The final episode was great, but the series was overall mediocre, too many pointless episodes and uninteresting side stories.
5/10.

Yukinon- said:
The show and ending was okay but some of the people here in this thread are really retarded.

silversaint said:
some pretty cool action scenes, too bad this season only got a few of those
the villain was extremely lame, she reminded me of the butterfly man from SAO, she didnt look as laughable as him though
lol Saten was useful for once an i laughed when the glasses girl started shooting

6/10 for season 1, hope the sequel d be much better

All of these right here, explain just how I felt...

Dropped 1st time cuz its too Pervy! But 5-10 eps in its less pervy- So finally finished it- Still has flaws though
The entire thing lacks a sufficient story & plot - it can all be amassed to simple slice of life and filler with about 1 action like fight every 6 episodes, at 5ish 8-10ish and 15-16ish and finally one at 22-24ish.

Action has no point to it at all because the Villains! Have no damn backstory to back them all, and somehow it becomes a mecha anime, and that was actually canon? Like wtf?

Main cast of characters do cute things for about 18-20 episodes with 4-6 actual episodes of something happening or the plot progressing without the need for an entire episode of expositiong, the worst part is when exposition does come into play - it usually means the entire episode will feature no important fights or moments and it will just be them all standing around and talking about the cool shit before they go and do cute shit and then no important shit actually happens...

So the main characters, no matter how main they are, thus, because of all of this, simply just - DON'T matter.

After watching a two cour series of fluff and filler, with an asspulled ending that had no leading foreshadowing, and attempting to seem important with some of the cheesiest, lame and lackluster dialogue... I can honestly say, it doesn't even deserve a 5.... Nor a high five at that rate... Its a total 3/10... I debated on a two, but after 24 episodes its difficult to call it total trash, but its not close to being even being average at a 5...

This was sword art online alicization war of the underworld part two - ending - levels of bad writing, story and characters and just terrible made endings - and they both have just as long of a title to make it seem 'cooler'... But they were not...
GodOfWolvesAug 16, 2021 2:52 PM
Nov 1, 2021 6:07 PM

May 2008
Much better than many of these reviews claim. If there's a problem with RailGun it's not it's action, comedy, drama, science fiction but mostly character driven. There are 845 in the Index/Railgun/Accelerator world and the writers let them all have their say. The characters need to be introduced, their back stories must be told, their interactions between other characters must be mapped. You can't logically do that when Academy City is being blown up nonstop in each episode.

Pacing on this Anime is perfect. Each story has a buildup which works. OK, show of hands: who didn't see something on the horizon when the first earthquake happened at the orphanage? I'm pretty sure we all did, we're not beginners. Each story rose to an amazing climax, once that's done, everyone gets a breather, characters interact, the comedy and drama come front and center for an episode or two. This is anime, you got to let your cute characters do cute things, then it's back to work and Railgun follows this formula because for many it works. (Hint: If it didn't work they wouldn't do it) and it shows. Of nearly 9,000 rated Anime on Anime News Network, Railgun is 1,886 so they did something right.

For me the clincher is the characters, there's no throw-away characters, all are treated by the animators and writers with respect, and it's a fun game of seeing who pops up from Index, it's a shame Index herself was only seen in a couple quick flashes and one reference from Toma.

All in all I'll give it 8/10 which for me is pretty high because there's no 10 and very very few 9
Jun 5, 2022 5:31 AM
Oct 2019
Season Finale time!!!

Good Climax, when the First OP play again it was HYPED AF!
That Bitch got destroyed by Misaka...

Kids are safe, ending scene are wholesome.
What happy ending..

7/10 for me.
so the next broadcast order is Index Season 2.
Oct 23, 2022 8:18 AM

Dec 2020
Enjoyed but didn't love. Same thing I said about index s1. It's over troped up and goofy at times. Not like haha goofy but like man this shit goofy AF. Misaka definitely has more personality than Touma or at least a louder one which makes it a bit more entertaining.
May 20, 2023 8:26 AM
Aug 2022
Railgun 1 was a bit boring ngl
Jul 17, 2023 1:57 PM

Jun 2017
A bombastic ending.Blood,sweat,tears,strife & victory at the end.It had everything.The fight cut out the "hax-ness"  which propelled the main series mainly the mc.It was fun deep diving on Misaka and her cohorts' adventures.What's so alluring was not only each of them had different stories to tell but all of them had their foothold on the grandscale even Class zero Saten san.Props to the makers for making it standout and resonant with the viewers .It gets a solid 7.5 in my book.
Nov 29, 2023 4:55 AM

Nov 2023
Damn, that was an epic fight
May 18, 12:37 PM
Jan 2023
What an ending, loved how it came to a clean and happy ending. This arc was so intense, left me on the edge of my seat the entire time.

So glad the kids have been saved, and what an epic battle it was the whole time.

The visuals were so good, the OST is amazing. I know I'll be remembering this show for a very long time. Gets a 9/10 from me.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Mar 5, 2010

148 by SydneyLotus »»
Yesterday, 2:05 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Proselyt - Jan 29, 2010

166 by Guren_Der »»
May 22, 8:17 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

removed-user - Mar 12, 2010

213 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 18, 11:53 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Feb 26, 2010

147 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 18, 11:05 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

francismeunier - Feb 19, 2010

154 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 18, 10:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.