Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Dec 7, 2018 2:49 AM

Jul 2017
Did Cross die just like that? I really need to read the manga...the art style wasn't bad, but the atmosphere didn't feel like dgm at all, it's generic, everything was colorful and bright. I also didn't like Lenalee and Lavi's voices.

smell of coffee
songs of sleep

Jun 3, 2019 8:04 PM

Jul 2013
Puh that was something. I mean everyone or better said most people who watched S1 felt in love with the voices. It feels definitely different, especially Lavi and Kanda, I'm just so used to their old voices. Almost everyone else was fine to me. Even if I loved Allens old voice I think it's a nice touche that he sounds a little bit more mature.

The art so far is okay even if I also have no clue about what they did to Miranda. She looks like a completely new character.

Interesting conversation Cross and Allen had, even if I have no clue about most of it. I was shocked about the end. Is this for real?? If so I would be really disappointed.

Overall good start. Let's see what they do in the next episode.

Jan 23, 2021 1:40 PM
Nov 2016
Howwwwww???? cross marian died so easily???????
Aug 1, 2021 3:52 AM

Dec 2012
Tim.
Miranda.
Krory.
Lenalee.
Kanda.
Allen.
Marian.
CROWS.
The 14th had an older brother?
Mana Walker.
Dat flashback.
lol at Tim eating the cig.
lol at Allen headbutting Tim to send him flying into Marian.
Hoawrd is behind the mask.
WTF! Marian is dead?
Dat ending.

What a start. 5 years ago when it was announced that the whole cast/staff was being changed because they were making this as a reboot sequel, I was pissed. The current seiyuu were still active and had roles that year. Finally, I'm watching HALLOW and I just couldn't get into it when hearing the characters speak. I know the new seiyuu. I've been a fan of Ayumu, especially during Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth, which is why I was excited that he was voicing Allen back in 2016. It's just not fair to the new seiyuu because this is a long running series and people are comfortable with the original cast. The funny thing is that this is a reboot, but Kaoru Wada (music) is the only original staff member to return. These are just my thoughts from 5 years ago. 5 years later and the OP song is still good. First time hearing the ED song, and Mashiro Ayano delivers as expected.

Also, I read chapters 159 - 165 before watching. They changed some things. Lavi wasn't on the boat with them. The glasses guy was. Lavi came through the portal afterward.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Mar 17, 2022 5:38 PM

Sep 2018
From finishing D.Gray Man yesterday, going straight to this sequel is quite the experience. All these new voice actors, it doesn't feel right and the character designs, especially Lenalee and Allen, are a bit off putting as well. Quite ironic, since I commented about the dated animation back in the original.
Jul 27, 2022 6:17 AM

May 2018
oh shit everyone has new voice actors now. Ngl I am surprised since it's only been 10 years since the 2006 anime. Was this a stylistic choice or did all of the old actors retire/have busy schedules? Anyways the animation is much better now but that should be a given. Not sure about the art style and character designs though, almost looks like fan-made action scenes.
Feb 19, 2023 7:05 AM

May 2020
Yeah the voices will take some time to get used to. I mean over hundred episodes with the original voices and then all of a sudden watching them sound like someone with a close enough resemblance is too much to get accustomed to within a single 20 odd minutes episode. Though it isn't like the original cast aren't active anymore, THEY STILL ARE, so I don't know why they went with a complete changeover back then.

Apart from that the animation looked a LOT cleaner now, but yes it took me about five minutes into the episode to just recognize Lenalee lol. Her new character design is.. well she looks like a new person to say the least.

Liked though how they didn't even waste a single second on some recap bullshit and went straight to the plot. Mana being the brother of Fourteenth and him implanting those memories of his brother into Allen was quite a reveal. This explains why he could play that score back in the ark.

And yes looks like the series still loves its cliffhangers.. wonder what exactly happened to Cross.
Mar 5, 2023 4:49 AM

Nov 2010
I saw the main series back in 2011. I forgot some things, but I'm starting to remember them now. My ability to recall stuff without having to rewatch it is still good.
Is his master truly dead?
Nov 5, 2023 1:59 PM

May 2023
people really cry about the voice actors yall hating on everything these days lmao
Dec 21, 2023 10:32 PM
Jan 2020
Damn, is Cross dead?
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

Poll: » D.Gray-man Hallow Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2016

131 by iamnameers »»
Dec 22, 2023 2:05 PM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Hallow Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2016

64 by iamnameers »»
Dec 22, 2023 1:12 PM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Hallow Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2016

82 by iamnameers »»
Dec 22, 2023 12:26 PM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Hallow Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2016

71 by iamnameers »»
Dec 22, 2023 12:06 PM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Hallow Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2016

79 by Choostopher »»
Nov 6, 2023 10:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.