Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Mar 15, 2015 9:48 AM
Aug 2009
deadoptimist said:
Grey-Zone said:
There was only 1 thing that was truly "idiotic" in this episode, which is the fight between Inaho and Slaine. I mean, sure I can understand Slaine missing point blank, since he already has a precendent of missing (or at least killing) from point blank, but Inaho? With his eye, he should have killed Slaine easily. We have a clear case of plot armor protecting Slaine here.

BTW, is the rumor true that Urobuchi writes the last 3 Episodes?

It was embarrassing to watch. A silly matrix-style was the last thing this show needed. I won't even go into the inconsistency with Inaho's shooting skills. It is more or less established that his shooting is extremely accurate, so why can't he hit Slaine? It's not that Slaine runs especially fast or anything.

And I agree with the ones, who say that they miss a lot of opportnities for cool action. Remember Nicoleras "eating away" the buildings in ep. 1-2? I'd expect Slaine when desperate to wreck his base in Tharsis, tearing everything apart. That would be good to watch.

Well, they need the two big character to fight the battle everyone wanted. Even if it is a bad one.T_T
Mar 15, 2015 9:50 AM
Mar 2012
Darklight0303 said:
baki502 said:

Whatever, doesnt change anything. The ship was still built in years of time, giving them enough time to come up with a less retarded and inefficient way of propulsing units over long ranges other than a friggin catapult.

@Kelgiar
No offense but a SF author from the 60s is supposed to prove why catapults in space are a sensible and efficient solution? Not only has technology advanced alot in the past 50 years, SF authors really tend to go by the rule of cool rather than efficient. Like the whole controlling shit with your motions or hands thing in spaseships, or talking to a computer. Extremely inefficient and dumb.

Too bad the Catapult didnt even look cool this time tough.

You do realize that the reason the Deucalion went back for fitting last episode was to attach these features right?

You're seriously just out to troll. It's rather clear

Save it, there is no point replying to that pseudo-intellectual troll.
Mar 15, 2015 9:51 AM

Jul 2014
casiopao said:
Well, they need the two big character to fight the battle everyone wanted. Even if it is a bad one.T_T

Nobody asked for a bad battle. :( It's better not have seen it, in my opinion.
Mar 15, 2015 10:04 AM
Jan 2015
Darklight0303 said:
baki502 said:

Yeah but you got all sorts of magic in this show, the whole aldnoah shit and everything, and the best they can come up with is technology akin to the medieval ages? Seriously? Everything else is completely SF, but this is just so backwards.

In case you missed it, Vers have the Aldnoah card

Note, the Deucarion also had Aldnoah if you have forgotten
Mar 15, 2015 10:05 AM
Jan 2015
deadoptimist said:
It was embarrassing to watch. A silly matrix-style was the last thing this show needed. I won't even go into the inconsistency with Inaho's shooting skills. It is more or less established that his shooting is extremely accurate, so why can't he hit Slaine? It's not that Slaine runs especially fast or anything.

I had a similar thought during the fight and later realized Inaho was near death.
Mar 15, 2015 10:05 AM
Aug 2009
deadoptimist said:
casiopao said:

Nobody asked for a bad battle. :( It's better not have seen it, in my opinion.

Well Aldnoah had been kinda famous on this part here. We never ask for Inaho soloing most battle with the help of his eye. Aldnoah serve us that on silver platter.

We asked for more explanation on Lemrina meeting with Seylum. We never get that.

I kinda feel Barouhcreuz is going to died pathetically next episode here.T_T

Also where is Mazurekkkkk.
Mar 15, 2015 10:13 AM
Jan 2015
Darklight0303 said:
baki502 said:

Because catapults where known for being super accurate right? And technologically its not a single bit more advanced than a catapult from the medieval ages. Actuall its kind of worse, as it seems that th Kataphrakts hook on with a grappling hook, and they have to manually release it. Since it is spac we are talking about, it probably means that we are talking several kms or hundreds of kms of distance, meaning that releasing the grappling hook even a moment too late will result in being quite off target.

Now a better solution would be using magnetic propulsion and fire "cannon" like. In that way you could adjust the angle and everything and achieve a lot of a higher accuracy. Not only that but you could fire alot faster, since the mechs would not be released into space directly but could go directly from the mechbays onto the cannon on a railsystem of sorts.

Hell its SciFi, the show obviously doesnt give a fuck about realism so they could just have gone with anything more creative, the limit is their fantasy. but they went with a catapult of all things. A fucking catapult.

Sure just give them a few months to build a giant fuckin magnetic cannon just to satisfy your nitpicking. I'm sure the war will wait.

And how long do you think it took to make the catapult? They could just make a projecting rail like in gundam, which would take less time and effort to make and is just as effective as that damn catapult.
Mar 15, 2015 10:16 AM
Jul 2009
why actually are we watching this crap?
Mar 15, 2015 10:16 AM

Oct 2014

If Inaho does something like this to Slaine, AZ Season 2 will be the best anime of the year.

Mar 15, 2015 10:17 AM
Jan 2015
john100 said:

Well, I'm a completionist
Mar 15, 2015 10:21 AM

Jul 2007
Good to see every slain apologist whinng about "Plotholes" or "Inconsistencies"

Easy o see the salt bcause arguments at depending that dictator ran out.
Mar 15, 2015 10:22 AM

Jul 2014
awditty said:
deadoptimist said:

I had a similar thought during the fight and later realized Inaho was near death.

But the eye is a device, it either calcualtes or not, it was operational, so why couldn't he do what he had done many times previously? It was a dire situation. He had some power left as well, since he spent it later on scanning.

casiopao said:
Well Aldnoah had been kinda famous on this part here. We never ask for Inaho soloing most battle with the help of his eye. Aldnoah serve us that on silver platter.

We asked for more explanation on Lemrina meeting with Seylum. We never get that.

Some people definitely do. But yeah, A.Z does things its own way, its own shitty way.

I've been meaning to ask what people, who wanted to see the conversation between Lemrina ad Asseylum, think about it being omitted like nobody's business.

Yeah, Barouhcruz will die for sure. Unfortunately. While the design of his kat is not too good, the man himself is interesting enough. I'd like to see more of him working with Harklight and possibly helping/beig condescending toward a new low-born knight.
Harklight finally enjoying some killing is the best part of this ep.

Mazuurek did his part, Mazuurek can leave. >< Kloncine is his younger copy, so I don't see any place for Mazuurek in further development. Maybe he'll cameo in case they arrange a loyalist force out of the orbital knights.
Mar 15, 2015 10:25 AM

Mar 2012
KamiCity said:
Would you look at that, first 5 pages of comments are the exact same people who say they hate this show every single week and yet can't stop watching. Plus there is seriously someone still defending slaine o.O seriously, I mean i get some people like him as a villian but there is still someone saying "slaine did nothing wrong".
when it comes to shooting Inaho, I personally don't believe Slaine did anything wrong concerning Inaho. I never cared for Inaho untill he actually smiled before Slaine shot him but I didn't mind at all. I would have shot Inaho in the back without him even knowing I was there if I had been in Slaine's shoes as a Vers soldier. Slaine's reasoning to shoot Inaho were selfish and dumb but not at all wrong. Now this second season,I can't say where they are going with this because it seems Slaine was going the Vers route of just eliminating the Terrans and taking the planet for Vers in which he would then reform. Now it seems he's taken a third route that I contradicts anything he has ever done but I am enjoying him going full villain by totally flipping on Asseylum.
Mar 15, 2015 10:38 AM
Aug 2009
deadoptimist said:
awditty said:

But the eye is a device, it either calcualtes or not, it was operational, so why couldn't he do what he had done many times previously? It was a dire situation. He had some power left as well, since he spent it later on scanning.

casiopao said:

Some people definitely do. But yeah, A.Z does things its own way, its own shitty way.

I've been meaning to ask what people, who wanted to see the conversation between Lemrina ad Asseylum, think about it being omitted like nobody's business.

Yeah, Barouhcruz will die for sure. Unfortunately. While the design of his kat is not too good, the man himself is interesting enough. I'd like to see more of him working with Harklight and possibly helping/beig condescending toward a new low-born knight.
Harklight finally enjoying some killing is the best part of this ep.

Mazuurek did his part, Mazuurek can leave. >< Kloncine is his younger copy, so I don't see any place for Mazuurek in further development. Maybe he'll cameo in case they arrange a loyalist force out of the orbital knights.

The Eye simply is a plot armor. I would suggest u don't think it too hard anymore. It had done too much things that i would not even be able to think off. Able to determined princess location and created a map of the Castle only by seeing a single corridor is not something in my mind, logically possible lol.

And yeah, I really wanted to know how Seylum is able to make Lemrina not shot on her there. Or at least, who is the one who actually plan on tricking Slaine here. Is it Seylum or it is Lemrina. As right now, we are feeling that we are missing out some part of the conversation which should be quite important.

If that is all of Mazuurek, i will be very very dissapointed.T_T

john100 said:

Well just like Slaine, we are already too deep into this darkenss lol. There are no stopping this train.^_^
Mar 15, 2015 10:52 AM

Aug 2014
What the hell just happened? The eye actually speaks for Inaho? Everything was going relatively good until that scene. It was almost funny how Seylum talked to Inaho... and at the same time she didn't really talk to him.

Anyway, I really liked how Inaho and Slaine's roles seem to have reversed, and with the exact quotes from S1, too. ''If you were only my enemy I wouldn't have a reason to hate you'', that line was brilliant. Also, Lemrina is a much better character than the naive and innocent Asseylum. The fact that her heart apparently belongs to the people of Vers was both touching and lame, absolutely selfless characters like her aren't that appealing to me.

The episode would have been good if the Eyenaho part was completely rewritten and the animation wasn't so sketchy.

3.5/5
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Mar 15, 2015 10:55 AM
Aug 2009
Maledict said:
What the hell just happened? The eye actually speaks for Inaho? Everything was going relatively good until that scene. It was almost funny how Seylum talked to Inaho... and at the same time she didn't really talk to him.

Anyway, I really liked how Inaho and Slaine's roles seem to have reversed, and with the exact quotes from S1, too. ''If you were only my enemy I wouldn't have a reason to hate you'', that line was brilliant. Also, Lemrina is a much better character than the naive and innocent Asseylum. The fact that her heart apparently belongs to the people of Vers was both touching and lame, absolutely selfless characters like her aren't that appealing to me.

The episode would have been good if the Eyenaho part was completely rewritten and the animation wasn't so sketchy.

3.5/5

"The fact that her heart apparently belongs to the people of Vers was both touching and lame, absolutely selfless characters like her aren't that appealing to me."

That is not really true though.^_^ The moment she said that, she kinda confess to Inaho there. And also, i don't think she really know what is happening to the lower class Vers there.^_^
Mar 15, 2015 10:56 AM
Oct 2010
You know, I wish people would stop lumping others into band camps. Just because someone doesn't like inaho's character doesn't mean they like slaine's. Slaine is just way less ridiculous.
Mar 15, 2015 10:57 AM

Apr 2008
skudoops said:
You know, I wish people would stop lumping others into band camps. Just because someone doesn't like inaho's character doesn't mean they like slaine's. Slaine is just way less ridiculous.

Except he isn't. The boy has been from day one a black hole of misfortune disaster and utter stupidity and incompetence
Mar 15, 2015 11:01 AM
Oct 2010
Darklight0303 said:
skudoops said:

Except he isn't. The boy has been from day one a black hole of misfortune disaster and utter stupidity and incompetence

How does that make him more ridiculous than the dude with the eye that can see a space battle in an asteroid field from earth and control an entire squad of mechs, make them target different enemies and simultaneously kill all of them?
Mar 15, 2015 11:05 AM
Aug 2009
skudoops said:
Darklight0303 said:

How does that make him more ridiculous than the dude with the eye that can see a space battle in an asteroid field from earth and control an entire squad of mechs, make them target different enemies and simultaneously kill all of them?

Don't forget that it is now even able to mapped out the whole castle only through the sights/views of the single corridor.^_^ Forget about the AI first here.
Mar 15, 2015 11:06 AM

Jun 2014
Lemrina was worst girl anyway, goodbye
Mar 15, 2015 11:08 AM

Jul 2007
skudoops said:
Darklight0303 said:

again, the eye is grounded in real science, as is most of stuf Inaho did. And it has a logical downside.

Slaine's bullshit future predict mech that can shoot enemy 20 hours into future is NOT.

If there's gary stu, it is slaine.
Mar 15, 2015 11:14 AM

Feb 2015
Okay, I can get Inaho having a huge crush on the Princess, even an unhealthy obsession. He's crazy. The Princess also declaring her undying love for a guy she knew for all of maybe a month? Fuck you princess only Yuki-nee has any right to say that shit to him! Yuki x Inaho forever.

Mar 15, 2015 11:15 AM
Aug 2009
Jerkhov said:
Lemrina was worst girl anyway, goodbye

Me and u need to have a talk here. "Goes behind a thick door. PREPARE MY THARSIS!!!"

CookingPriest said:
skudoops said:

again, the eye is grounded in real science, as is most of stuf Inaho did. And it has a logical downside.

Slaine's bullshit future predict mech that can shoot enemy 20 hours into future is NOT.

Umm. I never heard of real science super Eye which can consist from, adding zoom in mechaninc, able to read people's personality, lie detector, thermal detector, 3D model calculator, super mapping system and finally automatic AI though.

Edit: Uups forget that the eye also can check girls weight and multi control all other mechs.^_^
Mar 15, 2015 11:19 AM
Jan 2014
One doesn't need to be an Inaho fanboy to realize that Slain is a nutcase. With that being said, the writing in this show is god awful, so I can't see why anyone needs to argue about which pile of shit is worse than another.

Only 2 eps left... I hope they will at least give us a reasonable ending.
Mar 15, 2015 11:26 AM
Jan 2015
sosiick said:
One doesn't need to be an Inaho fanboy to realize that Slain is a nutcase. With that being said, the writing in this show is god awful, so I can't see why anyone needs to argue about which pile of shit is worse than another.

Only 2 eps left... I hope they will at least give us a reasonable ending.

Hey look, its someone with an actual brain
Mar 15, 2015 11:28 AM
Oct 2010
CookingPriest said:

Yes everything that inaho's eye does is can be done..... but not by one device and for sure not one device that small. The functions of the eye aren't outlandish, the fact that the eye can perform all of them is.

Also slaine's future prediction mech has nothing to do with slaine himself, not only that its power is in line with the rules of the show. I mean you had a dude that was able to infinitely clone himself and one that was walking around with an anti-matter shield... a mech with very limited future prediction isn't really out of the question in this world. Funny enough Inaho has used his eye for future prediction and even kept up with slaine when they fought in the earlier episode where saazbuum died, in fact, he even hit him. Think about that for a minute, inaho kept toe to toe with a mech that could predict the damn future....
GD1551Mar 15, 2015 11:33 AM
Mar 15, 2015 11:32 AM

Jan 2015
CookingPriest said:
baki502 said:
That catapult mode of the Deucalion has to be the most retarded and backwards way not to mention extremely inefficient of propelling Kataphrakts forward. Seriously a horizontal catapult just like in the medieval ages, using centrifugal force? Really?

that's how space works, mate.
Till we get rail tech that is how acceleration would work
swn32 said:
baki502 said:

What are you talking about? Whats that got to do with the fact that the propelling technique for Kataphrakts of the Deucalion is extremely retarded, time consuming, inaccurate and on the level of the medieval ages?

How is it inaccurate?

Then again since you haven't presented alternatives, I don't really expect you to answer that question.
Well, I remember being taught in school that the only way to accelerate enough for objects on orbit (built with our current tech) is to orbit the planet for a while. Once they gain enough acceleration they can escape the gravity of the planet and go to the moon, mars or any other place.

They are likely applying the same concept so their Kats can gain more acceleration (so they reach the front faster) rather than the usual way. The way the ship transformed reminded me of Macross.

I guess if they would have built a huge rail gun they could just use it to fire shells rather than Kats.

Darkerthandark said:
Darklight0303 said:

In case you missed it, Vers have the Aldnoah card

Note, the Deucarion also had Aldnoah if you have forgotten
The Deucalion controls gravity, and as far as we have seen it can only control the gravity around itself, perhaps the crew don't know how to use it or the engineers who built it didn't know how to tweak it as weapon too... but I'd assume it is the latter because nothing has been said about it (or is the ace card for the last chapter?).
Mar 15, 2015 11:57 AM

Mar 2015
skudoops said:
CookingPriest said:

Yes everything that inaho's eye does is can be done..... but not by one device and for sure not one device that small. The functions of the eye aren't outlandish, the fact that the eye can perform all of them is.

Also slaine's future prediction mech has nothing to do with slaine himself, not only that its power is in line with the rules of the show. I mean you had a dude that was able to infinitely clone himself and one that was walking around with an anti-matter shield... a mech with very limited future prediction isn't really out of the question in this world. Funny enough Inaho has used his eye for future prediction and even kept up with slaine when they fought in the earlier episode where saazbuum died, in fact, he even hit him. Think about that for a minute, inaho kept toe to toe with a mech that could predict the damn future....

I could make a LOT of comments*, but A, Inaho hit Slaine there because they both knew a hit could happen because Slaine was appearing over the asteroid, and B, BOTH were surprised when the hit actually happened. (Slaine nearly dodged a guaranteed hit)

*OK I'll make one comment, what processor** are you running? and why is focused computation somehow magic to you?

**(AHEM) edit
KelgairMar 15, 2015 12:11 PM
Mar 15, 2015 11:59 AM

Jan 2015
casiopao said:
[...]

CookingPriest said:

Umm. I never heard of real science super Eye which can consist from, adding zoom in mechaninc, able to read people's personality, lie detector, thermal detector, 3D model calculator, super mapping system and finally automatic AI though.

Edit: Uups forget that the eye also can check girls weight and multi control all other mechs.^_^
He said it was based in real science, not that it existed in our time. That's part of the SF elements of the show and there is no need to complain for that.

It is like if someone complains about Geordi La Forge VISOR and all the stuff it does because no one heard of such thing at the time; curiously, VISOR has some of Inaho's eye functions and also give constant pain to his user and that was thought 27 years ago... why a writer wouldn't try to use a more advanced idea now we are at 2015? I'm sure he isn't the only one who came up with that idea. I'm also sure other authors would have used it, but if you have read a book featuring such device, you wouldn't be complaining.
Mar 15, 2015 12:05 PM
Jan 2015
blackbishop said:
casiopao said:
[...]

He said it was based in real science, not that it existed in our time. That's part of the SF elements of the show and there is no need to complain for that.

It is like if someone complains about Geordi La Forge VISOR and all the stuff it does because no one heard of such thing at the time; curiously, VISOR has some of Inaho's eye functions and also give constant pain to his user and that was thought 27 years ago... why a writer wouldn't try to use a more advanced idea now we are at 2015? I'm sure he isn't the only one who came up with that idea. I'm also sure other authors would have used it, but if you have read a book featuring such device, you wouldn't be complaining.

because the year in the show is 2015 you know
Mar 15, 2015 12:13 PM

Jan 2015
@Darkerthandark
And so what? If you want to see a show based only in the current state of technology because otherwise you would hate it, you would avoid SF like plage, yet you are here.

It is like saying the world was going to end because the movie titled 2012 said so. Guess what, we are in 2015 and nothing happened. These shows and movies are made to entertain, if you can't stand sci-fi why you are watching the show and complaining about it's sci-fi elements?
Mar 15, 2015 12:18 PM
Jan 2015
blackbishop said:
@Darkerthandark
And so what? If you want to see a show based only in the current state of technology because otherwise you would hate it, you would avoid SF like plage, yet you are here.

It is like saying the world was going to end because the movie titled 2012 said so. Guess what, we are in 2015 and nothing happened. These shows and movies are made to entertain, if you can't stand sci-fi why you are watching the show and complaining about it's sci-fi elements?

Well, even in context of this show it still makes little sense. The Terrans are said to be techincally inferior to Vers, yet they have all this tech that the Vers don't have. And not to mention how Inaho seems to be the only one using this tech while all the other terrans seem to not use this tech at all
Mar 15, 2015 12:26 PM

Apr 2008
Darkerthandark said:
blackbishop said:
@Darkerthandark

Well, even in context of this show it still makes little sense. The Terrans are said to be techincally inferior to Vers, yet they have all this tech that the Vers don't have. And not to mention how Inaho seems to be the only one using this tech while all the other terrans seem to not use this tech at all

Because everyone would jump at the opportunity to jack a computer directly to their brain.
Mar 15, 2015 12:30 PM
Jan 2015
Darklight0303 said:
Darkerthandark said:

Because everyone would jump at the opportunity to jack a computer directly to their brain.

They don't need to have eye implant to have this tech. They could apply it to their mechs or ships. I see no reason why not since they did pimp up an eyeball with tech, why can't they do the same with their other things.
Mar 15, 2015 12:32 PM

Jul 2007
Darkerthandark said:
Darklight0303 said:

They don't need to have eye implant to have this tech. They could apply it to their mechs or ships. I see no reason why not since they did pimp up an eyeball with tech, why can't they do the same with their other things.

1) most of mechs do have same features as shown by shitload of monitors.
2) Computational power of the BRAIN Is far above any computer on earth.
Mar 15, 2015 12:33 PM

Aug 2014
casiopao said:
Maledict said:
"The fact that her heart apparently belongs to the people of Vers was both touching and lame, absolutely selfless characters like her aren't that appealing to me."

The moment she said that, she kinda confess to Inaho there.

How was that a confession to Inaho in any way?
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Mar 15, 2015 12:38 PM

Jan 2015
Darkerthandark said:
blackbishop said:

There are things that doesn't make sense to me as well, like why there wasn't support from their orbital castles while deploying the kats from the Orbital Knights, like Mazuurek, Orga and Selnakis. I'd like to think that they were overconfident and didn't request backup, but once they discovered the threat they would have called reinforcements. It was too convenient for UEF and our heroes.

Inaho's eye is very convenient for the plot as well, but I guess that's the benefit of being a hero of the story, it couldn't be granted a Vers kat because Inaho symbolize the "perfect" Earth soldier(or I think that's the idea), so, using a foreign kat would be problematic; instead they gave him the eye upgrade. He needed something to make him fight in the same level than Slaine in Tharsis, otherwise fans would complain because Slaine is clearly better and why Inaho isn't dead yet and his new strategies would be impossible without his new eye. Perhaps if Inaho wouldn't have lost his eye(or wouldn't gain the cybernetic one), he would have lost another friend in the first or second fight of cour 2 and that would have been interesting to watch... but that's enough "what if" from me.

The difference between technology in Vers and UEF happens because Earth stopped to supply things to Vers and they stopped relations at all (regardless who is at fault at that), so they started constructing and developing their own stuff in all senses, which ended being different from what Earthlings have. I guess you could say it is like why in the past French army relied in cavalry while English army preferred the bow, because cultural and regional differences.
Mar 15, 2015 1:05 PM

Jan 2015
CookingPriest said:
Darkerthandark said:

The brain is the most advanced "computer" so far, it has unlimited memory capacity and for some people it allows to make operations at the same speed than computers (those we call geniuses). The eye is likely to use the brain as a main processor to resolve any type of complex calculus, while the eye itself has it's own processor to make small calculus and to be able to work by itself in case the brain is "off".

Now I mention this, I remember some people noticing how the eye worked by itself when Inaho went to dreamland, it was because the eye has some sort of autonomy, I think we can explain that behavior using elements from our current tech (not talking about cybernetic implants XD):

The DS/DSi were nintendo handheld game consoles which had a problem because people used specialized cards to play "unauthorized" software, so they updated the DS/DSi firmware from time to time to prevent this. These updates caused the card to become useless and wasn't read at all, and while the firmware of the card could be updated to make it work again, the card needed to be updated in a non-upgraded device.

But later, one team created a similar card, more expensive given the prices of other cards, that included it's own processor, not a great one, but nonetheless it was useful to the card itself. Every time the handheld firmware was updated, this new card also stopped to work, however, because it had it's own processor, it wasn't dead; it could be patched in an updated handheld unlike their peers.

So, it is better to think of Inaho's eye like the latter card (a tool), and not like a being with it's own conscience (unless the series points otherwise).
blackbishopMar 15, 2015 1:08 PM
Mar 15, 2015 1:10 PM

Mar 2015
blackbishop said:
There are things that doesn't make sense to me as well, like why there wasn't support from their orbital castles while deploying the kats from the Orbital Knights, like Mazuurek, Orga and Selnakis.

There were originally only 37 orbital castles. most landed on earth. By the time Slaine declared his new empire, only* maybe a dozen remained in orbit, and only the 3 castles on earth had sworn fealty to Slaine at that point.

*guesstimate since numbers aren't known
Mar 15, 2015 1:19 PM

Apr 2008
blackbishop said:
CookingPriest said:

The brain is the most advanced "computer" so far, it has unlimited memory capacity and for some people it allows to make operations at the same speed than computers (those we call geniuses). The eye is likely to use the brain as a main processor to resolve any type of complex calculus, while the eye itself has it's own processor to make small calculus and to be able to work by itself in case the brain is "off".

Now I mention this, I remember some people noticing how the eye worked by itself when Inaho went to dreamland, it was because the eye has some sort of autonomy, I think we can explain that behavior using elements from our current tech (not talking about cybernetic implants XD):

The DS/DSi were nintendo handheld game consoles which had a problem because people used specialized cards to play "unauthorized" software, so they updated the DS/DSi firmware from time to time to prevent this. These updates caused the card to become useless and wasn't read at all, and while the firmware of the card could be updated to make it work again, the card needed to be updated in a non-upgraded device.

But later, one team created a similar card, more expensive given the prices of other cards, that included it's own processor, not a great one, but nonetheless it was useful to the card itself. Every time the handheld firmware was updated, this new card also stopped to work, however, because it had it's own processor, it wasn't dead; it could be patched in an updated handheld unlike their peers.

So, it is better to think of Inaho's eye like the latter card (a tool), and not like a being with it's own conscience (unless the series points otherwise).

Exactly. There was nothing showing any real autonomy and conscience in this episode's development
Mar 15, 2015 1:28 PM

Jan 2015
Kelgair said:
blackbishop said:

There were originally only 37 orbital castles. most landed on earth. By the time Slaine declared his new empire, only* maybe a dozen remained in orbit, and only the 3 castles on earth had sworn fealty to Slaine at that point.

*guesstimate since numbers aren't known

Yeah, you are right. However, these counts had their castles on Earth.

I can understand they could have had a better support if the castles were flying instead of being stationed, and I understand the objective of a forward base is not to move around any time someone pleases (which is why they remain stationed), but they haven't shown any other unit available for defense. In space there are these smaller and weaker kats but in Earth they are alone? I guess we will never know :(.

I also can understand, given how powerful the Vers kats are, than weaker troops might be a nuisance rather than a help, so they fight alone and die alone. In example, when Selnakis was being under heavy fire and couldn't hit the Deucalion, he should have called for support from his castle, perhaps he was just proud. It is like that battle of Hastings in the Dark Age, where the King Godwinson just stood ground only with his vassals, he refused to fall back and he could have called the Anglo-Saxon militia for help but he didn't do it, so he lost his life at the hands of the army of William the Conqueror.
Mar 15, 2015 1:56 PM
Sep 2014
Mar 15, 2015 2:14 PM

May 2014
Neobosco said:

Totally what I was remembering when that scene came up.
Well, he knows his politics, its obvious he'll lie to anyone with a straight face just to get what he needs.

I should rewatch both Code Geass to remind myself there's only one Lelouch.

On another hand, I didn't expect that plot-twist at the end. I mean, I knew Asseylum and Crutheos son would meet eventually but not that way, was too Deus Ex Machina for me.

Anyone knows if both seasons will get a dub??
Mar 15, 2015 2:16 PM

Jul 2007
lablackmamba said:
Neobosco said:

Well, he knows his politics, its obvious he'll lie to anyone with a straight face just to get what he needs.

I should rewatch both Code Geass to remind myself there's only one Lelouch.

On another hand, I didn't expect that plot-twist at the end. I mean, I knew Asseylum and Crutheos son would meet eventually but not that way, was too Deus Ex Machina for me.

Anyone knows if both seasons will get a dub??

yeah sorry no.

If anything, Slaine is a mix of Suzashit and Nina.

Inaho is parts of Lelouch as well as Gundam's Char Aznable.
Mar 15, 2015 2:38 PM

Feb 2008
Well, that's a rather severe case of bipolar personality disorder... I wonder, to what extent can the 'analytical engine' control Inaho's body and mind.
Mar 15, 2015 2:41 PM

Jun 2013
CookingPriest said:
yeah sorry no.

Lelouch was the idealist and Suzaku was the fighter

Slaine is the idealist and Inaho is the fighter.

Just because you hate Slaine more than anything on this earth doesn't mean you can deny parallels between characters. I'm sure you can compare Slaine and Suzaku, but you can also compare Slaine and Lelouch. You can also do it vice versa with Inaho. Don't let your bias cloud your judgment.
Mar 15, 2015 2:45 PM

Jan 2015
lablackmamba said:
Neobosco said:

Lol I agree with that sentiment. Quoting Charles-Maurice de Talleyrand, "Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice Doggie!' till you can find a bigger stick".

CookingPriest said:
lablackmamba said:

yeah sorry no.

I also think it is more similar to Suzaku or Nina rather than Lelouch.

Also, we don't know how much Harklight is involved with their strategies and plans so we can't say for sure that Slaine graduated from the cunning academy with honors by himself.

But what is certain is that Slaine won't have a "happy" ending unlike Nina or Suzaku, just like this quote from Boris Yeltsin says:

“You can make a throne of bayonets, but you can't sit on it for long”.

Savethebestforu said:
CookingPriest said:
yeah sorry no.

Lelouch was the idealist and Suzaku was the fighter

Slaine is the idealist and Inaho is the fighter.

Just because you hate Slaine more than anything on this earth doesn't mean you can deny parallels between characters. I'm sure you can compare Slaine and Suzaku, but you can also compare Slaine and Lelouch. You can also do it vice versa with Inaho. Don't let your bias cloud your judgment.
You can say Slaine now is a fighter too since season 2. Also, you could say the same for Inaho(he's an idealist) according to what the cursed eye told in the last episode.
blackbishopMar 15, 2015 2:49 PM
Mar 15, 2015 2:53 PM

Feb 2013
Not sure if somebody already posted this but I think y'all should read this http://good7luck.tumblr.com/post/113689819645/slaine-never-said-she-is-a-means-to-achieving-my
Mar 15, 2015 2:54 PM

Apr 2008
gedata said:
Not sure if somebody already posted this but I think y'all should read this http://good7luck.tumblr.com/post/113689819645/slaine-never-said-she-is-a-means-to-achieving-my

Doesn't make the scene that much better really.
Pages (12) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» SPOILER - Question regarding the end of the anime

Joshuam303 - Apr 6, 2016

25 by Masterbos175 »»
Jun 29, 6:08 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2015

1158 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 4:14 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2015

831 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2015

1216 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 1:56 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

564 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 12:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.