Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Jan 7, 2021 5:06 PM
Apr 2020
really quite a tragic ending. I thought there would be a miracle where Yomi could be saved but it turned out that my guess was wrong. Yomi is the character who suffers the most in this series, she only wants to live with Kagura as a sister but she is trapped in the dark side and is played with by the white haired boy.
Jan 9, 2021 5:57 PM

Mar 2016
So they turned the long haired schoolgirl into a sadistic killer. But, she's not really responsible (maybe) so it's okay to indulge in the spectacle. Seems to me it's all just an excuse for edgy murder fantasy, since the people she kills are innocent characters you're supposed to like and she looks cool when she's killing them. (comments here make it pretty clear they just want to see the murder) Too stylized for it to be as tragic as it might want to be.

Not a bad show though. Last two episodes were very engaging even though I was never super in love with the characters, which is pretty bad since almost all of the show was builld-up for that purpose. A prequel? I might check the manga out to see longer haired Kagura. Maybe.
Mar 15, 2021 12:59 PM

Nov 2016
A few plot points were left open, but the main selling point, namely the relationship between Kagura and Yomi was driven home with a lot of emotions at that. Tho I guess based on the title of this anime, Ga-Rei-Zero, the manga has still content beyond this episode? Or is it something completely different? Edit: Ok, after checking I realized it's an anime original prequel.

Anyway, was already pretty good on it's own. An entertaining watch for sure and I'm even kinda euphoric rn considering how I wasn't really sold at the beginning.

To anyone hesitant due to the first two episodes, I recommend to keep watching beyond to see what this anime is really about.
FMmatronMar 15, 2021 1:04 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 1, 2021 8:17 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Well the final fight was pretty good, I'm sure she didn't die though, but overall we really had to wait until episode 8 for the show to be actually interesting and good, the beginning was kinda boring sometimes... still a fine show overall 6/10
Jul 21, 2021 6:54 PM

Nov 2010
This anime should've been 24-25 eps. long. I'm also disappointed that despite all the deaths, Kiri and Ayame didn't die. Wow, Kagura looks nicer in that hairstyle.

7/10
Oct 12, 2022 7:50 AM
Apr 2018
Strong start, weak finish. Overall a fairly enjoyable series- wished there was more in terms of anime... but that is clearly not going to happen lol. 7/10
Jul 19, 2023 6:53 PM

Dec 2022
While Kagura finally decided to kill Yomi, I doubt she'll stay dead, unfortunately. It's likely that the sequel manga will revive her again. Kiri and Ayame also surprisingly lived, which is likely because the pain from the Bane Stone took effect before Yomi could kill them.

All in all, a very exciting anime that intelligently subverts many common tropes associated with the action genre, without just subverting them for the sake of it. I still wish that the past and present episodes were switched around to better facilitate emotional investment in the viewer, but it wraps up nicely either way.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (7) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

» Those who have read the manga: is this a good prequel?

jonnemummiska - Jun 11

1 by TomieKawa »»
Jun 11, 8:37 PM

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

angel999 - Oct 5, 2008

282 by Lanz »»
Dec 31, 2023 6:12 AM

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Dec 8, 2008

107 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 19, 2023 5:29 PM

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Nov 30, 2008

93 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 19, 2023 5:04 PM

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ternalnodorei - Nov 23, 2008

150 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 19, 2023 4:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.