Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kill la Kill
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Feb 10, 2014 10:56 AM

Dec 2009
Looks like we're moving again. Good!
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Feb 10, 2014 2:13 PM

Oct 2011
Well, I think I know what is happening with this show now.. (At least when it comes to the hype/disappointment) The reason for all the pointless hype is trolls found on /a/. They find something in the preview that looks interesting, pick a random TRIGGER tweet, and create a thread talking about how the next episode will be THE EPISODE TO END ALL EPISODES. This hype then spreads through the interwebs and into places like HB and MAL.

Needless to say, what they say never/rarely actually happens.

People are then disappointed because others hyped up the episode and it turned out to be good instead of OHMYGOD LEVEL INSANE.

But the thing is, there's still 2 facts that remain constant.

TRIGGER HAS NOT SAID MUCH.
However
WHAT LITTLE THEY HAVE SAID HAS COME TRUE.

We got the huge fight in EP 3, we got the new OP/ED in 16 (As well as the revelation episode), and now we have the core of the series upon us in this second half. The story is holding up well, and is heating up quickly in these final episodes.

I'm enjoying this show more than anything in a long time - and I'm glad they're keeping their promise of having the core of the show in the last 9 - 10 episodes. My personal expectation is that it will be a great experience.
BRSxIgnitionFeb 10, 2014 2:16 PM
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Feb 10, 2014 9:56 PM
Apr 2013

Ah. I miss the sound their stars make when activated, especially during Sanageyama's transformation sequence.

Still can't get over the fact that Ragyo is all fine and dandy, though. It's a tired trope, OP villians.

Elite 4 vs Nui, hmmm... I really hate Nui. Not her personality just her archtype. It's bad enough that most fights in cartoons/anime lose their tension because neither party is really hitting/hurting the other but when a character remains cool/unfazed/etc throughout the fight it doesn't do good things for the adrenalin.

Satsuki jumping into a crowd. Looks like we're getting a "Fight the Puppets before the Puppet Master" style battle.

Bloody Ryuuko? Woah, don't tell me the silly girl tried to take on Ragyo herself?!

I don't know where this show is going anymore. Especially given that they're already fighting the final boss now with 5 or 6 eps left, it can either go "Kill the Final Boss and Fight Another Boss That Was Hiding in the Shadows" (Papa Kiryuin?) or "People Get Killed (E4), Boss Leaves and Final Confrontation Happens Elsewhere".

If it's the latter I just hope we aren't going to space.

Looks to be another gem episode in the likes of 3, 5, 7, 15 and 16.

Damn...those two major arcs...they really took the steam out of this series.

Feb 10, 2014 10:49 PM

Jun 2012
BRSxIgnition said:
Well, I think I know what is happening with this show now.. (At least when it comes to the hype/disappointment) The reason for all the pointless hype is trolls found on /a/. They find something in the preview that looks interesting, pick a random TRIGGER tweet, and create a thread talking about how the next episode will be THE EPISODE TO END ALL EPISODES. This hype then spreads through the interwebs and into places like HB and MAL.

Needless to say, what they say never/rarely actually happens.

People are then disappointed because others hyped up the episode and it turned out to be good instead of OHMYGOD LEVEL INSANE.

But the thing is, there's still 2 facts that remain constant.

TRIGGER HAS NOT SAID MUCH.
However
WHAT LITTLE THEY HAVE SAID HAS COME TRUE.

We got the huge fight in EP 3, we got the new OP/ED in 16 (As well as the revelation episode), and now we have the core of the series upon us in this second half. The story is holding up well, and is heating up quickly in these final episodes.

I'm enjoying this show more than anything in a long time - and I'm glad they're keeping their promise of having the core of the show in the last 9 - 10 episodes. My personal expectation is that it will be a great experience.
I'm glad someone gets it. I have no idea why so many people are gullible enough to give into the hype. I guess maybe everyone just has to find out the hard way that if you expect something to be godly, then you're just going to be let down 9 times out of 10.

Personally, I expected this series to be something great that I would really enjoy with its interesting art style, quirky humor, and unique setting/story, which is exactly what I got. But it's not like it's trying to have some incredibly complex plot with untold stories ... it's simply solid entertainment with a few interesting and surprising twists. I think it handles itself incredibly well for it's clearly low budget. People who always expect miracles are just going to be sorely disappointed.
Feb 11, 2014 7:12 AM

Jul 2008
Brilliant episode, the battle in the next episode will be great :D I think Nui will not be defeated easily even if she's against all 4 of Satsuki's top men :)
Feb 11, 2014 11:20 AM

Oct 2011
OH SHIT
Feb 11, 2014 12:48 PM

Nov 2012
I was hoping for Satsuki to throw her mother towards Ryuuko to do some kind of combo or something. That wouldv'e been epic!!!

I will admit, Ragyo is too damn shiny. All the colors are just too much. Overdressing for the occasion and stuff.

What will happend to the people wrapped in life fibers? I was hoping that the clothingh would lterally eat them, kind of like how Senketsu ate Ryuuko.
I believe that unless you know for sure that you don't like a concept, you should keep exploring it. Whether it be characteristics of people or a genre of some sort, you never know if you don't like it until you've seen quality work corresponding to that genre. Keep exploring until you've found something you enjoy, or something of quality. Then you know what's bad, what's good, and what isn't for you.
( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ Everyday life.
Feb 11, 2014 1:07 PM

Oct 2011
According to an interview with the 4 Deva VA's - something bad happens to them in EP 18.

..... NONON, GAMA NO DON'T LEAVE ME.
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
Feb 11, 2014 1:34 PM
Oct 2013
BRSxIgnition said:
According to an interview with the 4 Deva VA's - something bad happens to them in EP 18.

..... NONON, GAMA NO DON'T LEAVE ME.

I'm interested. Can you link me?

I don't think it would quite make sense story-wise for Gamagoori to die right now, considering his relationship with Mako is still blooming. Jakuzure, maybe; it would certainly be interesting to see Satsuki's reaction to that. I could see Inumuta dying, and it later turns out that he had saved a data version of himself somewhere, along with other important data and information. Sanageyama, maybe, but I'm not sure what impact that would have. I think Ragyou or Nui will control them using those multicolored spools of thread and pit them against Ryuuko, explaining why she's so beaten up in the preview.

ollythirteen said:
For me "Kill la Kill" has been a let down.

I went into the show expecting a "character drama" thinking "Oh, I didn't like Gurren Lagann but the character designs of this show look amazing and apparently this is a character drama. Cartoony design + character drama = awesomeness. Yeah!" and then episode 2 happened and I felt let down.

I listened when people said "Just enjoy it for what it is: a parody;Turn your brain off" and settled in for popcorn entertainment but then episode 6 happened and I felt let down (I actually hate Sanageyama....and after this show his seiyuu).

Episode 2 explained Satsuki's system more, established the theme of clothing, had our first real introductions to Senketsu, Aikuro and the Mankanshoukous, showed the first instance of actual teamwork between Ryuuko and Senketsu (when he suggested she use the scissor blade as a tennis racket), etc. A sizable portion of the show's development involves elements that were established in this episode.

I don't really understand why you hate Sanageyama or Episode 6, aside from "Men! Dou! Kote!" :l

"Holy shit, Nui is the killer! What does this mean for the story?" Still waiting on an answer.

Keep waiting. We can't understand her importance to the story until we know her story. Despite that, though, she has already contributed a fair amount to the story, even just in Episode 11. In a series where everyone fights so seriously for their own important goals and ideals, she can easily call two completely opposite emotions one and the same, and follows the "empty rhetoric" that "fair is foul and foul is fair". She acts individually, without regard for obligation, logic, or even the story. She has done a lot to contribute to the development of clothing as a theme. Hell, her first major action in the series is severing Sanageyama's "red thread of fate".

"Holy crap Nui destroyed Senketsu! What does this mean for Ryuuko and her emotional/mental state?!" We get her riding a bike in homage to Kill Bill/FLCL/whatever other pop culture reference (I'm not really a fan of those...pop culture references, I mean, since it's merely a form of pandering).

I've said before that the point to take from that scene is that Ryuuko's bond with Senketsu is, at that stage, solely an empowering one. Exemplifying this is the way they synchronize in Episode 15, simply walking side by side as friends and comrades, neither "putting on"/subjugating the other; it's a situation they both only benefit from.

"Oh shit on a bunny! Ryuuko doesn't want to fight anymore! Tsumugu thinks that a Kamui should be destroyed if it isn't used for fighting - it is on like donkey kong!" And then we get:

Mako - "HMPH!"
BGM - Hallelujah!

And then after some random rant the conflict is suddenly over.

Much like Satsuki, Tsumugu has never exactly seemed like Ryuuko's enemy to me. That along with Episode 16 ending with Mako saying that her snacks taste terrible assured me that it wouldn't result in that much of a conflict. However, we also have Ryuuko's later explanation that she didn't care that much about the fate of the world, further showing how Ryuuko and Satsuki are foil characters.

The whole thing about Satsuki using the Takarada guy to draw nudist beach out? Holy huh? A few episodes later we find out that Dr Matoi financed nudist beach. So what was the Takarada guy's importance?

Satsuki (paraphrased): "Who gave you the power to go up against Goku Uniforms?"

Likely, Takarada was paying NB to supply him, or they just supplied him on their own because of the desperation of the situation.

The whole thing of Satsuki wearing Ryuuko's glove so Ryuuko would come after her? Why would she distribute the rest of senketsu among other students? (people claim Satsuki is trying to make Ryuuko stronger, but the girl was fighting to kill).

Satsuki has constantly shown that she believes that only the people who live through whatever obstacle she puts them up against are worthy. She occasionally grants second chances, but that doesn't mean she's always lenient. Plus, with the conquer of Kansai, she probably knew she wouldn't have much more time.

How about the fact that the show is set in a school where Satsuki is at the top? Does she even GO to class?

I don't know nor care in the slightest.

Finally there's the matter of a shit load of stuff happening but it feeling like nothing has happened. This point is a tricky one because this show is not episodic by a long shot but feels pretty episodic. Episode 4, 5, 6 and 7 could have been left out of the show...while at the same time were integral to the story. It's weird. But because most of the happenings lacked punch it makes the continuity seem nothing more than ornament (such as Tsumugu wrecking shit back in episode 5 and him now being a recurring character. Yeah, he served to show that the show's world was bigger than Hounouji Gakuen but more than too many episodes later we are back in Hounouji Gakuen! So "fuck you" says the show to us viewers who notice these things).

Those episodes contributed a fair amount to character, relationship, and theme development and foreshadowing. Tsumugu's appearance probably taught Satsuki (more?) about Nudist Beach.
KokopelliFeb 11, 2014 1:50 PM
Feb 11, 2014 1:44 PM

Feb 2014
During the preview it shows the 4 Devas hovering over Nui.. But obviously they will get Yamcha'd and controlled by Ragyo..

Satsuki and Ryuko retreats with NB.

We need more light on Satsuki's father cause obviously she didn't crucify her own mother due to different ideals

"Fair is foul foul is fair" that had me thinking.. What the hell are Harime's motives.. She practically does what she wants.. Ragyo told her to dress us for the festival yet Harime wore the same thing

Titanz25Feb 11, 2014 1:59 PM
Feb 11, 2014 3:57 PM
Apr 2013
@ Kokopeli (and other fans),

Firstly, YES that is EXACTLY why I hate Sanageyama lol

Secondly... TIME OUT.

Your passion for this show owns my gripes with it.

My mind hasn't been changed regarding the show's flaws but my anger at it has been replaced by a shocked admiration at its fan's ability to infer certain information that I personally feel could have been divulged better (read: with more punch). That said method of story-telling (seemingly abrupt developments) does not detract from your enjoyment of the show is pretty awe-inspiring.

I guess the next time I post will either be when this show actually impresses me again (which might happen with episode 18) or in reply to an interesting theory/prediction on where it's headed (It is interesting to read predictions after all, while keeping an open mind. Part of my annoyance at the show is that the fans of it who speculate seem to come up with more interesting directions for the plot than the writer!).

I guess the bar was set too high by the shows I've mentioned and compared this one to (NOT including Attack on Titan).

This is not a surrender. I'll be back in full force once episode 24 (episode final) airs with my thoughts.

And you can bet that this troll will be armed with the One Ring (of critique. XD ).

Feb 11, 2014 7:49 PM

Aug 2011
everybody saw that coming but DAYUMMM... Satsuki best girl
Feb 11, 2014 8:06 PM
Oct 2013
TheGrandSage23 said:
We need more light on Satsuki's father cause obviously she didn't crucify her own mother due to different ideals

Er. . . I thought that was quite clearly the case.

"Fair is foul foul is fair" that had me thinking.. What the hell are Harime's motives.. She practically does what she wants.. Ragyo told her to dress us for the festival yet Harime wore the same thing

Hm. You know, it didn't really occur to me until I read that, but a Kamui that has devoured its owner is said to be "wearing" its owner; Nui's randomness, ice-cold hands and ridiculous power make her out to be inhuman. Perhaps Ragyou wanted Nui to "wear" a specific person.

ollythirteen said:
This is not a surrender. I'll be back in full force once episode 24 (episode final) airs with my thoughts.

See ya then.

Is there any official source stating that KlK is exactly 24 episodes? All that I've found out is that it's 2 cours, usually meaning 24-26 episodes.
Feb 11, 2014 10:14 PM
Apr 2013
@ Kokopeli

It says 24 +1 Special on here.

24 episodes, 26 episodes who knows, really. What's it matter when some of are ready to get off the ri--oh crap, almost went back on my word there...

Feb 12, 2014 12:47 AM

Jul 2012
I knew Satsuki was going to betray her mother sooner or later...but it was still pretty shocking when it happened.
Feb 12, 2014 10:09 AM

Sep 2011
What a twist! /sarcasm.

I saw this coming but it's still awesome. I love how over the top this show is I can't wait for the next episode. Super psyched, though kind of sad that this is only a 24 episode series :(.
Feb 12, 2014 10:31 AM
Jul 2018
Beholda said:
A lot of people saying they 'knew' this would happen. I'm not afraid to admit that I did not, and I'm glad I was able to be pleasantly surprised by this twist as it's going to make the show hell of a lot more interesting. The feeling I got from that moment was awesome.

Incredible episode. Ragyo Kiryuin's entrance was magnificent.

There were several hints that it was coming though. I rewatch episodes often, so I picked up on quite a handful of them in the process.
Feb 12, 2014 10:14 PM

Mar 2012
Who is Ryuko's mom I wonder? And Satsuki's dad?

Saw this coming. Satsuki is far too ambitious to serve any master but herself.
Let's go bowling.
Feb 13, 2014 6:49 AM
Apr 2013
So...

...Any news on production delays?

Feb 13, 2014 7:49 AM

Oct 2011
ollythirteen said:
So...

...Any news on production delays?
I thought you left until the finale?

But yes, Crunchyroll has delayed it 12 hours, for the 3rd time; meaning Underwater/Fansubs will be faster AND higher quality again this time. It's like they want to lose customers.

I got the free trial just for this show, and it's leaving a horrible impression.
BRSxIgnitionFeb 13, 2014 7:53 AM
Feb 13, 2014 8:26 AM
Apr 2013
@BRSxIgnition,

I did. Well sort of. I meant I was going to hold off on my criticisms regarding the show until episode the final.

I would still comment regarding interesting theories and heap praise where the show impressed. (Praise is something you fans love to hear, isn't it? Duhuhu)

Also this is an emergency situatiWHAT THE FUUUUCK?

Feb 13, 2014 9:56 AM

Apr 2011
Anybody know the name of the song that plays when Satsuki stabs Ragyo?
Feb 13, 2014 10:10 AM

Oct 2013
RazingPhoenix said:

I think is a song that isn´t already released. OST II incoming?
Feb 13, 2014 12:37 PM

Jun 2012
Crunchyroll fuckin' up, it's been a long day and it's the first time I've been looking forward to an episode since 12 (which was mediocre but still) and they don't even have it updated. The salt
Feb 13, 2014 8:38 PM

May 2012
my mind hurt so much .________.
i approve though; dat epically unexpected ending.
Feb 14, 2014 3:23 PM

Jan 2011
There was definitvely something fishy regarding Satsuki's regular behaviour, and when she was around her mom. And when she had that last meeting, complete with drinking together and shattering the glasses, it was clear that something big would happen soon.

But stabbing her own mother from behind and more or less crucifying her? Nobody saw that coming. The rebellion, yes, but not the way Satsuki did it.

Too bad Ragyo isn't dead, but appear rather well from the preview. I'd like one series where the big bad spouts a lot of nonsense and gets treated like that - fin. They never let it end there though.
Feb 14, 2014 4:31 PM

Jan 2010
wasn't expecting that matricide tho
Feb 14, 2014 6:56 PM

Nov 2012
yes I have expect this one..
I know that satsuki iwill do this since long ago.. a bit suprised when know that its gonna be true :/
I wonder how great the battle will be
Feb 14, 2014 10:35 PM
Oct 2013
Her mother was using her so I expected something to happen but wow not this. I can't wait until the next episode.
Feb 15, 2014 12:56 AM

Jul 2008
Holy crap...did not see that coming. HELL YEAH SATSUKI!!!!
Feb 15, 2014 6:44 AM

Jan 2011
I like the story, wow. ヽ(゚Д゚)ノ
Guess Satsuki and Ryouko are gonna team up or something.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Feb 15, 2014 8:21 AM

Oct 2009
Was expecting Satsuki to turn on her but didn't expect such brutality! Dam Satsuki you cold <3!

Awesome ep! But Ragyou looked way more magnificent in her normal cloths.
Feb 15, 2014 6:48 PM

Jul 2009
A bit of a slow start to the episode ... a bit of a nice moment with Satsuki and Mako's dad :P Didn't expect Tsumugu's sister to be the one killed by the experiment ... makes sense though :O
RAGYOU COMES ONSTAGE ... WOW THAT OUTFIT. A little ridiculous even for her XD (Also she has one of the best soundtracks IMO XD Just plain awesome!) Then things certainly picked up ... like Satsuki stabbing her and rebelling against Life Fibers themselves O_O WHAT ... Did NOT see that coming! I wonder whether this will make her (temporarily, at least) team up with Ryuuko? I wonder what Nui will be up to as well? Shame she didn't "dress up" ... lol :P
The battle will begin next episode I'm assuming ... ah, it'll be good :D
Feb 17, 2014 9:35 PM

Sep 2010
I was kinda hoping that the Godrobes would team up in some way.
Feb 19, 2014 7:11 PM

Apr 2011
Th3L4stW0lf said:
RazingPhoenix said:

I think is a song that isn´t already released. OST II incoming?

Yes Please!
Feb 20, 2014 6:59 PM

Jun 2012
=OOOOOOOOOOOO

Feb 21, 2014 3:18 PM

Jun 2008
Iolo said:
Im about as surprised as Ryoko when Satsuki ran her mom threw with her sword.

Ha. The moment she turned to talk to Matoi i was counting the seconds until i see Satsuki's sword piercing her.
I think this whole scenario was fully expected from the moment we saw Satsuki's face in the last episode when her mother left with the car and she said "We will welcome you with open arms, mother".
From the moment we heard her mothers plan it was obvious is not something Satsuki would go along with. It showing from the start that Satsuki was planning a sort of revolution, we just weren't sure exactly what but after last episode it was clear.

liv3urway said:
OMG that plot twist at the end! its Game of Thrones all over again XD

I face-palm every time i see post like this. The only twist would have been if Satsuki didn't betray her.

Obviously though the crazy rainbow bitch won't go down that easily. I fully expect her to show next episode that you need more than that to get rid of her.
MonadFeb 21, 2014 3:35 PM
Feb 22, 2014 1:58 PM

Jul 2013
Iolo said:
Im about as surprised as Ryoko when Satsuki ran her mom threw with her sword.

+1

Wow, what a turnaround!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Freaking awesome!
Feb 23, 2014 7:58 PM

Jul 2013
"what a well-mannered family even the dog introduces itself"... I've never laughed so hard

the plot twist... I love it! but I knew Satsuki is a good and kind but understandably misunderstood little girl..
Feb 25, 2014 5:56 AM

Aug 2007
I was expecting all except that Satsuki stabb her own mother!!! Nice.
Feb 26, 2014 6:53 PM

Sep 2012
matricidal killah!
Mar 1, 2014 6:37 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

With this episode, from my point of view, I see more and more as Satsuki MC Series, obscuring almost definitely Ryuko.
Yet predictable plot, but the story is so well done as to be epic in the final.
DAT blood!
Drawings and animations good, who knows if KLK succeed to give us more epic moments.
The character of Satsuki, is proving to be a bit of time in this part, the absolute best.
Mar 2, 2014 6:53 AM

Feb 2013
This ending made me 'WTF' o.O I guess everyone didn't expect something like this. + as we see in episode 18, they just added more blood to this anime...Funny + gore ? Kinda weird. But still very anjoyable and epic show.

Mar 2, 2014 8:51 PM

Mar 2013
I kinda saw the rebellion coming but not in that way. I can't wait to see Nui fighting the Elite 4... something tells me they're about to die.
Mar 4, 2014 7:37 AM

Jul 2010
Holy fucking twist.
Dat Satsuki rebellion.

Btw as for now, Satsuki as MC is far better than Ryuuko.
Mar 6, 2014 4:49 PM

Dec 2006
I usually hate antagonists like Nui I really hate her, but I loved satsuki-sama and now I know why!
awesome, rebellion!!
Mar 8, 2014 9:55 AM

May 2011
Oh my god, that was awesome. Satsuki finally showed her true colours.
Mar 11, 2014 2:46 AM

Sep 2008
How was anyone even surprised by this plot twist? It was obviously going to happen. Still, epic episode. So pumped for that next one now.
Mar 12, 2014 8:14 AM
Dec 2012
What just happened
Pages (10) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2013

337 by Kamirura »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

189 by Rhae »»
May 27, 1:01 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2013

213 by Rhae »»
May 26, 10:05 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MCAL - Nov 6, 2013

279 by Rhae »»
May 26, 6:26 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

BRSxIgnition - Mar 27, 2014

957 by L0veL4in »»
May 22, 5:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.