Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Dec 14, 2012 3:34 PM

Feb 2010
This was kinda depressing to watch, in a good way. Still I'd be glad if they ended thing on a happier note next episode.
I probably regret this post by now.
Dec 14, 2012 3:36 PM

Dec 2011
It was horrifyingly depressing to see Rikka acting "normal". You just could see all the time how miserable she was.

This episode also made me like Dekomori a little more. I always tought she was an annoying and useless brat, but in the end she understood Rikka better than anyone and I was really angry at Yuuta for screaming at her like that in the final scene.
Dec 14, 2012 3:57 PM
Aug 2011
This episode went out of the comedy and was full of drama!!!

Yuuta trying to bring Rikka back to reality is ok but He is doing it the wrog way, the way he is doing He is just destroying Rikka's personality.
It was really sad to see Dekomori trying to bring his master and friend back....
Dec 14, 2012 4:36 PM

Jan 2012
Just had a marathon of this series today. I'm actually pretty surprised by it to be completely honest. I figured the whole "Let's pretend powers are real in this anime but are actually fake" thing would get annoying but.... by the time I knew it I was absorbed into watching episode after episode. I was really happy with the way the character development handled itself in the last few episodes, aside from Episode 10 and 11. The way this series set up the main characters was quite amazing, and I'd have to say it's on par with "Waiting for Summer" when it comes to that.

I can't wait to see how the last episode unfolds to be honest.
Dec 14, 2012 7:13 PM

Jun 2012
The drama in this episode is intense. I love it! <3
Dec 14, 2012 7:40 PM

Nov 2011
I'm amazed that the confession seems to have changed nothing. Yuuta is watching the person he loves more than anyone else in the world go through agony with her attempts to discard her delusions, he suspects that she may not be coming back from her visit to her father's grave, but he doesn't show Rikka any warmth at all. He never shows her that he loves her. I find it extremely difficult to sympathise with a guy like that - a guy whose parting gesture to the love of his life before the train door shuts is a weak smile and a wave when she's obviously hurting.
Dec 14, 2012 8:46 PM
Jul 2012
This episode is heart wrenching T_T

Really hope everyone is happy next episode when all is said and done....
Dec 14, 2012 9:56 PM

Nov 2011
Chuunibyou Rikka it's 50 times more interesting and lovely than normal Rikka ^^
Dec 15, 2012 1:49 AM

Jul 2009
Wow, Sumire is a really good voice actor.
Dekomori crying and screaming made me sad...
Can't wait for the finale.
Dec 15, 2012 3:01 AM

Mar 2012
Heavy drama and hard to watch. But this drama, despite being heavier, it felt bazillion times better than Pet no Kanojo drama.
The next episode is the last one. Desu!
Dec 15, 2012 4:33 AM

May 2011
TotalPotato said:
I'm amazed that the confession seems to have changed nothing. Yuuta is watching the person he loves more than anyone else in the world go through agony with her attempts to discard her delusions, he suspects that she may not be coming back from her visit to her father's grave, but he doesn't show Rikka any warmth at all. He never shows her that he loves her. I find it extremely difficult to sympathise with a guy like that - a guy whose parting gesture to the love of his life before the train door shuts is a weak smile and a wave when she's obviously hurting.

I have to agree but only up to a certain point, it's probably hard on yuuta as well as he probably felt that living a normal life is the way to go for the both of them, perhaps acting all grown up and mature right now is not the right time for them but i do agree he should've at least shown some emotional support for rikka. Watching rikka leaving just like that is painful and it was obvious that she wanted yuuta's support but yuuta failed big time there.

Wasn't expecting this slice of life comedy anime to turn into such a dramatic one, lets hope kyoani pulls off a good ending. I am expecting rikka to come back with chuniibyou and all but if kyoani manages to pull off something else i'd be amazed.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Dec 15, 2012 10:57 AM

Dec 2010
WHERE IS MY HAPPY AND FUN RIKKA ;__;
Dec 15, 2012 2:09 PM

Sep 2007
TotalPotato said:

To be fair, it's also obvious that Yuuta is hurting and that he doesn't know what to do or say. It's his first relationship too. He's stuck between wanting Rikka accept reality and having the old Rikka back. It's clear he's struggling when he asks Rikka what she wants regards visiting her fathers grave and then when she says that she wants her mother to be happy, he goes along with that. It would have been obvious at that point to ask her what would make her happy.

In any case, this episode was really good although it's the humour what makes this series so great.

Here's hoping for a great finish next week!

Dec 15, 2012 2:30 PM

Jul 2010
I'm afraid Rikka is forcing herself too much now. This time she's only thinking what would be best for others and doesn't think about what she wants at all anymore. I wonder what will happen in the last episode. Will she still stop with the fantasy world, but think about herself a little too, or will she go back to her old self?

Dec 15, 2012 5:23 PM

Dec 2010
BakaGekai said:
TotalPotato said:

To be fair, it's also obvious that Yuuta is hurting and that he doesn't know what to do or say. It's his first relationship too. He's stuck between wanting Rikka accept reality and having the old Rikka back. It's clear he's struggling when he asks Rikka what she wants regards visiting her fathers grave and then when she says that she wants her mother to be happy, he goes along with that. It would have been obvious at that point to ask her what would make her happy.

In any case, this episode was really good although it's the humour what makes this series so great.

I'm noticing that people aren't being fair to Yuuta. They're expecting too much from him and too little from Rikka. Some even think Rikka is the "victim" here! As if Yuuta was supposed to be godlike. Ridiculous!
What kind of factors make people think like this?! Stereotypes?!?
Dec 15, 2012 5:28 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Void_Seeker said:
Fluoride in the water.
Dec 15, 2012 8:28 PM

Oct 2011
Wow this was so sad!
and there is only 1 episode left!
I wonder how it will end!
Dec 15, 2012 11:22 PM

Sep 2010
I was really starting to feel sad by the end of that. Very emotion episode.
Dec 16, 2012 7:55 AM

Mar 2009
DEKOMORI! Y U MAKE ME CRY !___! </3
Dec 16, 2012 8:10 AM

Oct 2009
awesome as usual : )

ssf4ae (pc) : misterCybou
sc2 : CybE // 665
Dec 16, 2012 11:05 AM
Jul 2012
Yuuta was kind of a dick to sanae.

Only 1 more episode :(
Dec 16, 2012 1:46 PM

Aug 2012
Pretty neat chapter.

Yeah I knew that change was coming. Rikka isn't Rikka anymore... she just suddenly gave up on the Chuu...

It was harsh what Yuuta did to Sanae, but it had to be done.
I never go back on my words... that's my NINDO... MY NINJA WAY!!!
Visit my deviantART Gallery
Dec 16, 2012 2:51 PM

Feb 2012
"Pretty, huh?"<33
Dec 16, 2012 4:51 PM

Jan 2012
no more chuunibyou in rikka's heart?!?!?! surely nice enough but........ looks a little sad i think...

will rikka come back to yuuta? awwww cant wait for the finale!!!
Dec 16, 2012 5:39 PM

Nov 2011
Void_Seeker said:
BakaGekai said:
TotalPotato said:

I'm noticing that people aren't being fair to Yuuta. They're expecting too much from him and too little from Rikka. Some even think Rikka is the "victim" here! As if Yuuta was supposed to be godlike. Ridiculous!

I don't think wanting a boyfriend to show some affection towards his clearly vulnerable girlfriend is expecting too much of Yuuta. I mean, it's natural for couples to express their love in a relationship, especially to soothe their partner if they're feeling down. It's true that Rikka could be doing more for them herself, but I can tell she's at least trying through her crippling embarrassment about the situation with the pinky thing.

Yuuta has just realised that Rikka might be leaving for a while, and possibly for good. Despite this, there's no hug, no words of affirmation of their relationship, no nothing. In my mind, when one person in a relationship is at a low point, the onus is on their partner to offer love and comfort. Failure to fulfill this simple responsibility is why I find it hard to sympathise with Yuuta, but don't have as big of a problem with Rikka.
Dec 16, 2012 6:17 PM

Jun 2012
This ep was hard to watch, but put together very well.
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Dec 16, 2012 8:03 PM

Nov 2011
The world is a cruel place and that is a fact especially if you're living with something that world thinks is not normal. It may all be happy smiles and laughter, but what is hidden beneath is painful. And this show portrays those painful sides, and going on to the realistic sense of life. It may be happy now, but who knows when it will last, it could be today or tomorrow. Growing up, becoming more and more aware of other people and our surroundings is inevitable in life. And at some point, we have to realize and face the fact that we can't keep running away from things and doing the same things over and over again again. We have to change.

Nibutani and Yuuta knows this well and have been in the same position as Rikka, and who knows how long did they also come into terms with this. Same as her, they also had friends who understood them and still hang out with them despite their chuunibyou ways but they still decide to abandon it for the sake of their futures, because they know that sooner or later, the happy days will come to an end and what will occupy it instead is loneliness. Yuuta is actually saving Rikka from that. Though, it saddens me that this still has to happen.

But I hope that unlike Yuuta and Nibutani who left everything that had to do with their chuuni behind including their middle school friends, Rikka wouldn't abandon anything.
Great ep! Made me cry.
denno-Dec 16, 2012 8:06 PM
—Actually, nevermind.
Dec 16, 2012 11:37 PM

Dec 2010
TotalPotato said:
Void_Seeker said:
BakaGekai said:
TotalPotato said:

I don't think wanting a boyfriend to show some affection towards his clearly vulnerable girlfriend is expecting too much of Yuuta. I mean, it's natural for couples to express their love in a relationship, especially to soothe their partner if they're feeling down. It's true that Rikka could be doing more for them herself, but I can tell she's at least trying through her crippling embarrassment about the situation with the pinky thing.

Yuuta has just realised that Rikka might be leaving for a while, and possibly for good. Despite this, there's no hug, no words of affirmation of their relationship, no nothing. In my mind, when one person in a relationship is at a low point, the onus is on their partner to offer love and comfort. Failure to fulfill this simple responsibility is why I find it hard to sympathise with Yuuta, but don't have as big of a problem with Rikka.

Yes. I also find it weird that neither of them hugs each other when Rikka is about to leave. But as I said before, lots of things aren't shown to us. We're only shown the last few moments before Rikka left, but not during that 3 weeks. So we shouldn't conclude anything. Though, their relationship is weirdly not going anywhere if Rikka is still sticking to the pinky instead of actually holding hands... bad directing or bad scriptwriting aside.
Dec 17, 2012 12:42 AM

Nov 2012
Being Rikka is suffering......
Dec 17, 2012 1:01 AM

Nov 2012
anybody know when they're going to release the preview for the last episode?
Dec 17, 2012 1:08 AM

Sep 2012
alexx_310 said:
You should check MAL forum more closely before posting this...
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Dec 17, 2012 1:12 AM

Nov 2012
symbv said:
alexx_310 said:

simple question no need to be a dick about it.
Dec 17, 2012 1:14 AM

Sep 2012
alexx_310 said:
symbv said:
alexx_310 said:
simple question no need to be a dick about it.
But you did not check MAL forum closely and failed to notice the thread I posted about the preview of the last episode, did you?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Dec 17, 2012 1:16 AM

Nov 2012
Apparently "lurk moar" applies here too I guess.
Dec 17, 2012 1:22 AM

Jan 2011
i hate drama being stuffed into my sol shows.. as least make it moderately .. this is killing my mood
Dec 17, 2012 1:23 AM

Feb 2008
TotalPotato said:
Void_Seeker said:
BakaGekai said:
TotalPotato said:

But what are you supposed to do when (remember the scene at Rikka's room?) where Yuuta tries to make Rikka keep some of her stuff, just like he did? All he got was that Rikka more or less begged Yuuta to stop doing that since it's hard as it is for her to throw it all away.

Remember, this story has originated from a book and not a manga or it being an original anime. The storytelling and character dialogue is different than in anime in general.
Though KyoAni seems to be one of the few that makes anime adaptions of lite novels this close to the original work.
Dec 17, 2012 2:52 AM

Nov 2011
flaskis said:
TotalPotato said:
Void_Seeker said:
BakaGekai said:
TotalPotato said:

But what are you supposed to do when (remember the scene at Rikka's room?) where Yuuta tries to make Rikka keep some of her stuff, just like he did? All he got was that Rikka more or less begged Yuuta to stop doing that since it's hard as it is for her to throw it all away.

Remember, this story has originated from a book and not a manga or it being an original anime. The storytelling and character dialogue is different than in anime in general.
Though KyoAni seems to be one of the few that makes anime adaptions of lite novels this close to the original work.

I'm not sure what relevance this has to what I was talking about. Are you trying to say that if Yuuta is helping Rikka move on from her delusional stage, showing love will get in the way of that? If so, then I vehemently disagree. I would argue that during trials like this, showing love is more crucial then ever.

Void_Seeker said:
Yes. I also find it weird that neither of them hugs each other when Rikka is about to leave. But as I said before, lots of things aren't shown to us. We're only shown the last few moments before Rikka left, but not during that 3 weeks. So we shouldn't conclude anything. Though, their relationship is weirdly not going anywhere if Rikka is still sticking to the pinky instead of actually holding hands... bad directing or bad scriptwriting aside.

As a viewer, what I'm shown is all I have to go on. If they don't show stuff this important on-screen, then I can only assume that it doesn't happen.
Dec 17, 2012 4:07 AM

Feb 2008
TotalPotato said:
I'm not sure what relevance this has to what I was talking about. Are you trying to say that if Yuuta is helping Rikka move on from her delusional stage, showing love will get in the way of that? If so, then I vehemently disagree. I would argue that during trials like this, showing love is more crucial then ever.

No, I didn't mean it like that. What I do mean is that Yuuta knows that things aren't progressing as they should, and he's a bit paralyzed by the current situation. Shinka said to him that he's trying too hard to make Rikka adapt to reality, yet he can't find a solution. My example was from when they were cleaning her room. That was after Shinka said that to Yuuta, so he obviously tried to soften Rikka up by telling her that she didn't need to throw away her entire past. Yet she didn't even bulge and almost got upset at Yuuta for telling her to keep some stuff.
Dec 17, 2012 5:14 AM

Dec 2010
TotalPotato said:

As a viewer, what I'm shown is all I have to go on. If they don't show stuff this important on-screen, then I can only assume that it doesn't happen.

That choice, then, is subjective.

But if people say Yuuta is an ass for hurting Rikka and drag her back to reality the wrong way so he is wrong, I'll disagree. If you're talking about him being a lover but not giving an appropriate amount of affection and care, I'll partially agree but I'm annoyed whenever I see an indecisive male lead.

I'm going to wait 3 more days for the last episode before talking more.
Dec 17, 2012 6:19 AM

Feb 2008
Same here. Enough speculating for me. I will probably be awake late on wednesday to catch the episode :D
Dec 17, 2012 2:59 PM

Feb 2012
Forced drama, did not enjoy this episode.
Dec 17, 2012 3:22 PM

Mar 2009
yumeha! :'(

Dec 17, 2012 3:28 PM

Nov 2009
guanhian said:
i hate drama being stuffed into my sol shows.. as least make it moderately .. this is killing my mood

This is the wrong place to be looking for slice-of-life
Go watch Tamayura: Hitotose if you want to watch a great SoL anime
Dec 17, 2012 3:36 PM

Jul 2010
I did not expect this much drama and melachony, Rikka seemed really down and her spirit was obviously broken when Yuuta told her to take off her eyepatch, which means he rejects everything that comes with it... Having the person you love and trust the most [for standing by your side all this time] must be a huge shock for someone as emotional as Rikka.

I felt for Dekomori/Sanae since she lost her best friend and her "master" in 1 go, it makes me wonder though why she herself is so indulged into the Chuunibyou thing. I know she's an anime original character but since she clamps onto it so desperately it would've been nice if they expained why, I have a feeling she has a good reason to behave the way she does, just like Rikka does.

Why do people complain about it having too much drama? There's a lot character development going on so of course there'll be drama paired with it. If there was only comedy people would complain the anime was too shallow and failed at delivering serious emotions and problems.

Besides, everyone who says that Rikka/Dekomori are overreacting, have you ever had someone you love smash your perfectly blissful little bubble you created to soften the cruel and cold reality our of nowhere, betraying your hope and the trust in you put in that person?
As for Dekomori's case, have you ever been pushed aside by the best and only friend who completely understood and accepted you for who you were, only to get the cold shoulder and be left behind while seeing her getting hurt as she desperatily tries to change herself to the rules of our "normal" society?
I think they have every "right" to act the way they do, it's a dramatic point in the anime, not the anime trying to change it's whole identity in 2 episodes.
There's a difference in that, if you ask me :)
Dec 17, 2012 3:47 PM

Nov 2009
Animefanx3 said:
I felt for Dekomori/Sanae since she lost her best friend and her "master" in 1 go, it makes me wonder though why she herself is so indulged into the Chuunibyou thing. I know she's an anime original character but since she clamps onto it so desperately it would've been nice if they expained why, I have a feeling she has a good reason to behave the way she does, just like Rikka does.

About that...

Sabamiki said:
Seeing Dekomori cry out like that was hard to watch. The fact that she said "I know" was surprising. It shows that she's not completely taken by her delusions after all. Dekomori's reason for turning chuunibyou has not been made apparent. As someone has already mentioned in this thread, she is likely a natural chuunibyou and her behavior is not simply a phase. She is already aware that most of what she does is not real and probably has been aware of this for longer than what we might expect. The fact that she continues to live her own reality doesn't necessarily suggest that she is refusing outright to accept reality or doesn't understand it as with the case with Rikka. I like to think it's something much simpler than that, which we may see Rikka come to understand and cherish if she does decide to embrace elements of that side of her again alongside reality.
Dec 17, 2012 6:52 PM

Feb 2008
Shih said:
Although I don't pity Dekomori, that crying was quite something. I can just feel the sadness.

i am afraid you might be missing something there. it was basically saying we're not friends anymore in the worse way possible.

in any case that last scene was pretty intense. but like all stories of this time it will all work out in the end.
Dec 17, 2012 7:26 PM

Oct 2012
Oh god.... may i cry now?
Dec 17, 2012 7:52 PM

Nov 2012
WTF happened to this show? Where has the awesomeness gone to?

This episode...., score decreased from 9 --> 8

Seriously, i was ready to proclaim this anime as one of the best I have ever seen...., and then: Scumbag episode 11.

Oh well...., still the best for the season.

Episode Naxcore: 0.46 out of 5
Dec 18, 2012 3:44 AM

Aug 2010
Didn't like Yuuta this time around, but the episode was okay 3/5. I expect the usual happy ending in the last episode, let's make some predictions to see how unoriginal KyoAni will be.

1) Rikka returns to her normal self.
2) The mother accepts this.
3) At the very end Yuuta will see mysterious lights that are different from the cars on the bridge.

The falling angel card at the end could hint at a sad ending. If KyoAni would actually go for Rikka committing suicide or something, my faith would be restored. Not happening, but one can dream.
Dec 18, 2012 3:59 AM

Oct 2008
guanhian said:

you need to read up on the definition of a SOL anime. this ain't it
Pages (10) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2012

677 by inv1dia »»
Sep 6, 11:31 PM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Marow - Dec 5, 2012

326 by HoneyBees91 »»
Aug 28, 9:53 AM

» ~is Rikka mentally challagended/retarded?

NunoTheDudeYT - Aug 10

40 by Lewa0077 »»
Aug 18, 8:15 AM

» A genuine question to you

lightning_angad7 - Jul 3

37 by Valkay »»
Jul 24, 1:37 PM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2012

296 by Yugoslavianwolf »»
Jul 17, 5:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.