Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (11) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Dec 11, 2012 3:50 PM

Aug 2009
LuckYGX16 said:
How can you hate on Asuna? .-. Because she's useless right?

She's not useless at all, she was just as strong as Kirito leading up to Episode 14. And the fact that she was only 2 levels below her is nothing right? If anything Suguha as Leefa is useless compared to Asuna.

The relationship between Kirito and Asuna is actually great, they support each other and I like them both equally. Obviously she now has to rely on Kirito, she's trapped in the game by a cunt of a GM, not to mention she's in a coma.

I say all the hate is unnecessary just because she cried a couple of times, I mean c'mon she's nowhere near the hate that Hinata and Orihime deserve to get.
Hinata is hated?I thought Sakura was the useless one.
Dec 11, 2012 3:52 PM

Apr 2012
All characters kinda have their useless moments though lol
Dec 11, 2012 3:56 PM

Dec 2012

Well, Sakura was but since Shippuden she redeemed herself...sorta, whilst Hinata has been a horny hoe and only good thing she did is get killed by Pain.
Dec 11, 2012 4:01 PM

Aug 2009
LuckYGX16 said:

Well, Sakura was but since Shippuden she redeemed herself...sorta, whilst Hinata has been a horny hoe and only good thing she did is get killed by Pain.

Sakura is still useless and she is an MC.Thats the problem.Hating on Hinata because she is one of the supporting characters that the mangaka never bothered to develop is a bit much.
Dec 11, 2012 4:06 PM

Dec 2012
ssjokg said:
LuckYGX16 said:

Sakura is still useless and she is an MC.Thats the problem.Hating on Hinata because she is one of the supporting characters that the mangaka never bothered to develop is a bit much.

True, true.
Dec 11, 2012 4:35 PM

Apr 2012
LuckYGX16 said:
ssjokg said:
LuckYGX16 said:

True, true.

Agree
Dec 11, 2012 5:31 PM

Jun 2009
SchmidytheMini said:
LuckYGX16 said:
ssjokg said:
LuckYGX16 said:

True, true.

Agree

Talk about the Hyuuga clan... Where's the "supposedly a lot more talented than Hinata" Hyuuga Hanabi? I was fairly excited after the time skip, thinking that characters like Konohamaru and Hanabi might just surpasses Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke. (For their age)

From what I remember though, almost 0 sign of Hanabi, and Konohamaru only showed up a couple times with his sexy jutsus and a Rasengan. (Kinda off putting to me considering how promising the both of them could be... The future successor of Hyuuga Clan and the grandchild of the 3rd Hokage.)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 11, 2012 5:33 PM

Aug 2008
For Naruto that was just the author introducing more characters than he could ever handle and manage. Hence all the disappointment.
Dec 11, 2012 5:41 PM
Oct 2012
hyperknees91 said:
For Naruto that was just the author introducing more characters than he could ever handle and manage. Hence all the disappointment.

I think he has an idea what to do with them for the conclusion, I just think that for whatever reason, he decided to drag this thing out 2-3 years longer than it should have been.

The Pain Arc should have been the penultimate, with an arc concluding with the Sasuke and Naruto fight and resolution. This whole "bringing back every ninja from the past" is really just filler to drag the manga out because he had already reached the conclusion he had already envisioned.
Dec 11, 2012 6:15 PM

Aug 2008
Takuan_Soho said:
hyperknees91 said:

I think he has an idea what to do with them for the conclusion, I just think that for whatever reason, he decided to drag this thing out 2-3 years longer than it should have been.

The Pain Arc should have been the penultimate, with an arc concluding with the Sasuke and Naruto fight and resolution. This whole "bringing back every ninja from the past" is really just filler to drag the manga out because he had already reached the conclusion he had already envisioned.

Yeah it's a real shame.
Dec 11, 2012 8:37 PM

Nov 2008
LuckYGX16 said:

She's not useless at all, she was just as strong as Kirito leading up to Episode 14. And the fact that she was only 2 levels below her is nothing right? If anything Suguha as Leefa is useless compared to Asuna.

The relationship between Kirito and Asuna is actually great, they support each other and I like them both equally. Obviously she now has to rely on Kirito, she's trapped in the game by a cunt of a GM, not to mention she's in a coma.

I say all the hate is unnecessary just because she cried a couple of times, I mean c'mon she's nowhere near the hate that Hinata and Orihime deserve to get.

Well said, I agree. I also agree that all shows hav their useless characters, they're kinda neccesary in a wierd way
Dec 11, 2012 9:17 PM

Jun 2009
animetyphoon88 said:
LuckYGX16 said:

Well said, I agree. I also agree that all shows hav their useless characters, they're kinda neccesary in a wierd way

There are "good" useless characters, and there are pointless useless characters.

The pointless ones, are there just for the sake of being a damsel in distress/useless/whiny/annoying.
The good ones are those that really enriches a story, it's world, and play a role in the MC's character building(development). A good useless character usually far outweighs a useful hero.

Lets review the "bad" and "useless" character call Sachi shall we?

Sachi is useless.
Sachi can't do anything.
Sachi's a coward.

Is that all? Well... uhhh... No.

Sachi's character is done in such a way that she pretty much represented all other characters like her. Those that didn't want to leave Town of Beginnings, those that cries alone in their room, those that felt pressured by their peer into doing well. Those that are not meant to be heroes.

By meeting Sachi, Kirito learn of how scared countless others are, how much they're trying to smile, to put on a strong face in front of their comrades, and most importantly, Kirito found his reason/driving force to actually clear the game instead of just leveling up for his own survival.

The death of her put Kirito though a suicidal depression lasting as long as half year. Seeing how Kirito just tosses the revival item away, an invaluable item, shown just how little do he care for his own life/life of others anymore, Klein cried and told Kirito to live... He respond with "bye". After just hearing her last wish in her final message, his whole character changes.

The reason I don't love Asuna? Because I found her a lot less relevant in her several hour screen time when compared to 10 minutes of Sachi.

In other word, I'm presented with a far superior female character in Sachi, who's not only extremely relevant, but also plays the biggest role in the shortest amount of screen time given. It's not that I hate Asuna, she's just plain, she might as well be a background character like Chi-Chi of Dragon Ball Z and I wouldn't care.

EDIT: What exactly did Asuna do other than becoming a wife of Kirito? What exactly did she do other than moving via power of love and cook? What have she done in ALO?

She's just like Chi-chi with more screen time and kick more ass at her time. Other than that, nothing! Why? Because almost all of Kirito's character development was passed and done with thanks to Sachi's (one!) episode!
AirStylesDec 11, 2012 9:32 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 11, 2012 9:38 PM

May 2011
AirStyles said:

EDIT: What exactly did Asuna do other than becoming a wife of Kirito? What exactly did she do other than moving via power of love and cook? What have she done in ALO?

She's just like Chi-chi with more screen time and kick more ass at her time. Other than that, nothing! Why? Because almost all of Kirito's character development was passed and done with thanks to Sachi's (one!) episode!

She makes a mighty fine virtual sammich
Dec 11, 2012 9:38 PM

Aug 2008
At least Chi-Chi is mildly humorous and actually has a bit of personality.
Dec 11, 2012 9:39 PM

May 2011
hyperknees91 said:
At least Chi-Chi is mildly humorous and actually has a bit of personality.

And accepts Goku's multiple deaths quite well
Dec 11, 2012 9:41 PM

Apr 2012
LuckYGX16 said:

Hinata never got killed by Pain. She was still alive. She was wounded but not dead
Asuna isn't a strong female lead in terms of character development but her lightening quick rapier moves is pretty cool :D She's pretty damn skilled in the game as well. Even Kirito recognized her ability early in the story. Hell she saved Kirito's ass on multiple occassions. I don't hate her..... she just isn't a very good female MC in terms of development >_> Tho i think there is room for development in the 2nd season
zzzeallyDec 11, 2012 10:08 PM

Dec 11, 2012 9:59 PM

Jun 2009
*Feels as though something important regarding Naruto was spoiled for him*

Oh well.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 12, 2012 12:30 AM

Apr 2012
AirStyles said:
animetyphoon88 said:
LuckYGX16 said:

There are "good" useless characters, and there are pointless useless characters.

The pointless ones, are there just for the sake of being a damsel in distress/useless/whiny/annoying.
The good ones are those that really enriches a story, it's world, and play a role in the MC's character building(development). A good useless character usually far outweighs a useful hero.

Lets review the "bad" and "useless" character call Sachi shall we?

Sachi is useless.
Sachi can't do anything.
Sachi's a coward.

Is that all? Well... uhhh... No.

Sachi's character is done in such a way that she pretty much represented all other characters like her. Those that didn't want to leave Town of Beginnings, those that cries alone in their room, those that felt pressured by their peer into doing well. Those that are not meant to be heroes.

By meeting Sachi, Kirito learn of how scared countless others are, how much they're trying to smile, to put on a strong face in front of their comrades, and most importantly, Kirito found his reason/driving force to actually clear the game instead of just leveling up for his own survival.

The death of her put Kirito though a suicidal depression lasting as long as half year. Seeing how Kirito just tosses the revival item away, an invaluable item, shown just how little do he care for his own life/life of others anymore, Klein cried and told Kirito to live... He respond with "bye". After just hearing her last wish in her final message, his whole character changes.

The reason I don't love Asuna? Because I found her a lot less relevant in her several hour screen time when compared to 10 minutes of Sachi.

In other word, I'm presented with a far superior female character in Sachi, who's not only extremely relevant, but also plays the biggest role in the shortest amount of screen time given. It's not that I hate Asuna, she's just plain, she might as well be a background character like Chi-Chi of Dragon Ball Z and I wouldn't care.

I do believe that Sachi was a good character..for the one episode that she was a part of. Might have been a good support character too if she had lived. But that is all. I do not see her making much more impact. She made such a big impact BECAUSE she died and left Kirito thinking about things in the game. (Would never have wanted Kirito and Sachio together though...that's just weird.)
Dec 12, 2012 2:31 AM

Sep 2010
naruto spoilers wait whut?
Dec 12, 2012 2:49 AM

May 2012
Leonard93 said:
naruto spoilers wait whut?
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Dec 12, 2012 3:54 AM

Aug 2009
SchmidytheMini said:

I do believe that Sachi was a good character..for the one episode that she was a part of. Might have been a good support character too if she had lived. But that is all. I do not see her making much more impact. She made such a big impact BECAUSE she died and left Kirito thinking about things in the game. (Would never have wanted Kirito and Sachio together though...that's just weird.)

Why would it be weird?Kirito HAD romantic feelings for her.And she was scared enough to develop some feelings for him if she was alive(no we dont know if she loved him)

Once more:Why isnt there Q&A for Sachi?We even had for Kuradeel ffs.
Dec 12, 2012 4:58 AM

Jun 2009
ssjokg said:

ssjokg said:

Why isnt there Q&A for Sachi?We even had for Kuradeel ffs.

ssjokg said:

We even had for Kuradeel ffs.

ssjokg said:

Kuradeel

WHAT?!
Dec 12, 2012 5:01 AM

Aug 2009
AirStyles said:
ssjokg said:

ssjokg said:

Why isnt there Q&A for Sachi?We even had for Kuradeel ffs.

ssjokg said:

We even had for Kuradeel ffs.

ssjokg said:

Kuradeel

WHAT?!

Dont ask.I decided to look at all the Q&A only to realize that there was no Sachi.WTF?

http://taptaptaptaptap.wordpress.com/sao/
Dec 12, 2012 9:26 AM
Apr 2012
Disclaimer: I haven't read the LN.

There are 2 problems with Asuna as I see it:

1: The romance between Kirito and Asuna is laughably poorly written.

2: In the second half of the anime she has been reduced from a character to a plot mechanic. And from what I've heard from the LN, it doesn't get better on that front later on.

Despite the above I kinda like her because she did have some badass moments earlier on. And I'm not a fan of Suguha at all, I'm sick and tired of all the incest clichés in modern anime. The Leafa design is pretty cool though.
Dec 12, 2012 9:37 AM

Apr 2012
Sachi is irrelevant and useless. The point of the story was to escape the game. She would get one shot in the front lines XD. She's one of those casual baddies in a MMORPG game that are usually useless and often get carried because she has bewbs. If she was Kirito's main love interest she would also be stuck making sandwiches for Kirito on the 1st floor LOL and hell I don't think she even has her cooking maxed LOL.

MMORPGS are a failing idea and so is SAO. /thread
Mixing real life and MMORPGS is just awkward and the cheesy dialogue is just borderline unbearable
zzzeallyDec 12, 2012 9:42 AM

Dec 12, 2012 11:07 AM

Nov 2011
RockerXD said:
BloodRequiem said:
EstelleBright said:
Shino/Sinon>Suguha's boobies>Sugou>Suguha>Everyone else>Kirito and Kuradeel>Yui>Asuna

You forgot to add shit before Asuna.

Its not shit, its glopping semen

omg... epic reply i almost suffocated....
how the hell i forgot about this! =)))))
Dec 12, 2012 12:10 PM

Nov 2008
It seems like most of the Asuna haters just hate her bc they have humongous hard-ons for Sachi...
Dec 12, 2012 12:16 PM

Aug 2009
animetyphoon88 said:
It seems like most of the Asuna haters just hate her bc they have humongous hard-ons for Sachi...
Nope.Most people that hate Asuna hate everything about SAO,including Sachi.

All the others prefer other SAO girls.
Dec 12, 2012 1:29 PM

Nov 2008
ssjokg said:
animetyphoon88 said:

Ah yes thats probably true. Altho i dont get why anyone would be reading the 17th page of an SAO related forum if they dont like SAO haha
Dec 12, 2012 1:32 PM

Aug 2009
animetyphoon88 said:
ssjokg said:
animetyphoon88 said:

Ah yes thats probably true. Altho i dont get why anyone would be reading the 17th page of an SAO related forum if they dont like SAO haha

page 17?You probably never visited the other SAO threads with 40+ pages.
Dec 12, 2012 1:51 PM

Nov 2008
ssjokg said:
animetyphoon88 said:
ssjokg said:
animetyphoon88 said:

page 17?You probably never visited the other SAO threads with 40+ pages.

No i have, im just talking about this one
Dec 12, 2012 3:09 PM

Apr 2012
animetyphoon88 said:
It seems like most of the Asuna haters just hate her bc they have humongous hard-ons for Sugu...

Fix'd
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Dec 12, 2012 3:20 PM

Aug 2009
BloodRequiem said:
animetyphoon88 said:
It seems like most of the Asuna haters just hate her bc they have humongous hard-ons for Sugu...

Fix'd

Asuna:82-60-83
Sugu:82-62-81

Pick what you like.
Dec 12, 2012 3:24 PM

Apr 2012
ssjokg said:
BloodRequiem said:
animetyphoon88 said:

Fix'd

Pick what you like.

The extra 2 sizes is from the volume taken up by 2 years worth of glopping semen?
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Dec 12, 2012 3:33 PM

Aug 2009
BloodRequiem said:
ssjokg said:
BloodRequiem said:
animetyphoon88 said:

Fix'd

Pick what you like.

The extra 2 sizes is from the volume taken up by 2 years worth of glopping semen?

Maybe.

I still prefer Sinon:80-61-81 + shorthaired megane shoujo
Dec 12, 2012 3:35 PM

Nov 2011
SchmidytheMini said:
Soooo I'm getting the feeling no one is an Asuna fan really lol
FUCK I am !!! haha one of my top 5 female crushes bahah
Dec 12, 2012 3:42 PM

Nov 2011
I want to kick all you Asuna haters XD
I know they've kinda gone overboard with some fanservice scenes but as if you didn't enjoy it haha.
She's quite boss if you ask me.
Dec 12, 2012 4:29 PM

Jun 2009
ssjokg said:

Pick what you like.

Wait what?!

Asuna and Sugu have Similar proportion?!

Ah wellz, Sugu still got better thighs.
Dec 12, 2012 4:30 PM

Jun 2012
I find Asuna kinda plain. i don't dislike her though, just wish they made her more interesting. Suguha is just getting flood of fan service while Asuna getting locked up in a bird cage, explains her popularity. Also the her love for her brother, too.

I think they should give Asuna a new hot look, make her turn evil and fight kirito, an interesting past, bad ass and cool technique and moves, big or long ass sword, change of personality, more fan service, die for kirito, etc. Do all that and i guaranteed u Suguha will be for forgotten.
Dec 12, 2012 4:30 PM

Aug 2009
AirStyles said:
ssjokg said:

Pick what you like.

Wait what?!

Asuna and Sugu have Similar proportion?!

Ah wellz, Sugu still got better thighs.

Who would argue about that?
Dec 12, 2012 4:35 PM

Aug 2009
trunghuynh90 said:
I find Asuna kinda plain. i don't dislike her though, just wish they made her more interesting. Suguha is just getting flood of fan service while Asuna getting locked up in a bird cage, explains her popularity. Also the her love for her brother, too.

I think they should give Asuna a new hot look, make her turn evil and fight kirito, an interesting past, bad ass and cool technique and moves, big or long ass sword, change of personality, more fan service, die for kirito, etc. Do all that and i guaranteed u Suguha will be for forgotten.

Asuna gets a new look in ALO if that counts:

Not enough I guess.
Dec 12, 2012 4:36 PM

Jun 2009
trunghuynh90 said:

Or...

Give her a personality, and some story lines to go along with/compliment it.

ssjokg said:

Is it wrong for me to think that she'd look better in blue skin instead of having light blue hair?
AirStylesDec 12, 2012 4:39 PM
Dec 12, 2012 4:50 PM

Jun 2012
ssjokg said:
trunghuynh90 said:

Not enough I guess.
Well, that's a start for something new.
Dec 12, 2012 5:33 PM
Oct 2012
AirStyles said:
Is it wrong for me to think that she'd look better in blue skin instead of having light blue
hair?

Yes, absolutely, without a doubt my avatar obsessed friend, but we love you for it anyway:-)
Dec 12, 2012 5:38 PM
Oct 2012
hmm i guess since they have more chracters like hte girls people usally have there own thoughts in a way but i like Asuna but dont forget about liz and the other chracters hes encountered i mean when those episodes were in the show people liked them more lawl but i mean i understand why people like Suguha i mean (her boobs) thats pretty much the only reason... even though its a lame reason lawl =P
Dec 12, 2012 5:53 PM

Apr 2012
CurryIsSoHot said:
hmm i guess since they have more chracters like hte girls people usally have there own thoughts in a way but i like Asuna but dont forget about liz and the other chracters hes encountered i mean when those episodes were in the show people liked them more lawl but i mean i understand why people like Suguha i mean (her boobs) thats pretty much the only reason... even though its a lame reason lawl =P

I don't understand wtf you are trying to say.
Dec 12, 2012 5:56 PM
Jul 2012
ssjokg said:
trunghuynh90 said:

Not enough I guess.

she still doesn't appeal to me.
Dec 12, 2012 5:58 PM

Jun 2009
Takuan_Soho said:
AirStyles said:
Is it wrong for me to think that she'd look better in blue skin instead of having light blue
hair?

Yes, absolutely, without a doubt my avatar obsessed friend, but we love you for it anyway:-)

Actually, I hated avatar... I was actually rooting for humans... Fuck those tree huggers.

I'm thinking of something like this...
Dec 12, 2012 6:05 PM
Oct 2012
AirStyles said:

Well, if it is confession time. Mine was the drow, particularly the original D&D drawings back from the 70's, so who am I to judge your blue tint fetish :-)

And yes, Avatar did suck. It always amazes me how people think such films are so "original" when even they aren't even copies but copies of copies.
Dec 12, 2012 6:22 PM

Jun 2009
Takuan_Soho said:
AirStyles said:

Well, if it is confession time. Mine was the drow, particularly the original D&D drawings back from the 70's, so who am I to judge your blue tint fetish :-)

And yes, Avatar did suck. It always amazes me how people think such films are so "original" when even they aren't even copies but copies of copies.

Not that it's a fetish, it's just a common image of Undine that I've seen in a bunch of games.

They're usually blue, a bit transparent, made of water, extremely intelligent(to the point that can read the direction the world is going and if it's heading toward destruction, MC usually don't understand a thing Undine is trying to say until late stages) and generally kick a lot of ass.
Pages (11) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2012

492 by ItsXolo »»
Sep 15, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Aug 25, 2012

535 by AliQasim22 »»
Sep 13, 12:37 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nasty001 - Jul 4, 2012

951 by Rexnihilo »»
Sep 7, 11:16 AM

» Can someone explain?

infinite_Shadows - Jun 3

23 by Swyzen »»
Aug 30, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Why does everyone call SAO an isekai ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

xMyst93 - May 1, 2020

166 by Zarutaku »»
Aug 24, 12:13 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.