Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (37) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Sep 13, 2011 6:57 PM

May 2011
So that scream thar we heard at ep1 wasn't Okabe breaking down because he killed Kurisu, but because he-

Oh God...

I cried. I fucking cried and became a man. And I'm a woman.

GTFO, MADOKA. MY GOD AND SAVIOR IS HOUOIN KYOMA, THE MAD SCIENTIST, AND MY PROPHET IS ASSISTANT KURISU-TINA. FOREVER AND EVER.

EL. PSY. CONGROO.
If I die and I find that I had a soul inside,
Promise me you'll take it up to its final ride...
Sep 13, 2011 6:58 PM
Sep 2011
oh cmon Okabe from the future... help us.. i don't want the world to end in 2012.. pls extend it to 2036...

i still want to watch more anime... and also steins gate special and movie...

El. Psy. Congroo.
Sep 13, 2011 7:06 PM

Aug 2008
moonlightmde said:
oh cmon Okabe from the future... help us.. i don't want the world to end in 2012.. pls extend it to 2036...

Who said the world is ending in 2012?

▬▬▬▬김유정 ▬▬▬▬
Sep 13, 2011 7:09 PM
Aug 2009
Aw man, I was on the edge of my seat at the end when they finally reunite HOPING that the series would finish off with a bang, ideally with A.R. playing over a montage of the characters and how far everyone has come along after 24 episodes.
Sep 13, 2011 7:10 PM

Dec 2009
Modern masterpiece right here. 10/10 for the series. At least it's not completely over seeing as how we have an OVA next February and a movie.
Sep 13, 2011 7:10 PM

Jul 2010
Summary Stats are not working properly?
If you reload this page, stat numbers change strangely.
Sep 13, 2011 7:15 PM

Nov 2010
So I'm assuming that the Kurisu at the very end knew/remembered all of the events that Okabe and her went through together? If yes, then Kurisu loves Okabe yea?
Sep 13, 2011 7:27 PM
Aug 2010
I'm having a hard time deciding whether I want to give this one a 9 or a 10. Yes, its freaking awesome but I just can't help but compare it with the game.

In terms of plot content, it doesn't even compare with the game but that's to be expected and I know that. Still though, I don't know if I can give it a perfect score unless it at least cover most of the points of the game, particularly Kurisu's dad's story. In the anime, you only get a vague idea why he's so damn he's so damn fucked up.
Sep 13, 2011 7:27 PM
Sep 2011
im looking forward to the movie!! I hope it's 7 years after, where suzuha is back. and the world is again in danger. :P

There's no need for me to drink dr.pepper.

i'm back to my usual state, drinking milk (Kaztano Style) every morning and still hoping for a durarara season 2.

El. Psy. Congroo.
Sep 13, 2011 7:28 PM
Jan 2011
Am i the only one who want to give S;G a 10/10, but cannot do it because of the own rating rules? lol
Sep 13, 2011 7:29 PM

Jan 2009
TBH OP needs to add a I can die happy option for the polls....
Sep 13, 2011 7:31 PM

Aug 2008
Bacun said:
So I'm assuming that the Kurisu at the very end knew/remembered all of the events that Okabe and her went through together? If yes, then Kurisu loves Okabe yea?

Not really. She just remembers some part. Vague though.

▬▬▬▬김유정 ▬▬▬▬
Sep 13, 2011 7:35 PM

Jun 2007
RobUsaB said:
I have to say that I did expect....

EL. PSY. CONGROO.

If he sacrificed himself that would have been a MAJOR plot hole. There would be no "future Okabe" to warn "present Okabe" what to do with "past Okabe".

I thought this series was really good. The beginning half was a little lacking but it definitely picked up the second half.
Sep 13, 2011 7:36 PM

Feb 2009
Bacun said:

She has a vague idea, I think. It's probably safe to say she'll end up in love with him again, even if she never really remembers all of those memories... I'm sure Okabe would be willing to wait. He's happy enough that she's even alive.
Sep 13, 2011 7:36 PM

Sep 2009
Close to perfect. Even the slow parts at the beginning set up the tense second half of the show perfectly. There wasn't a single bad episode, it was the perfect length, and it has some truly excellent characters and one of the greatest main characters in an anime.

The only episode I kinda rolled my eyes at was the Rukako one, as well as his character in general which didn't seem as fleshed out as the others. I haven't played the visual novel but I imagine that they had to cut some of his character development from the anime, which is unfortunate because it could have been really good.
Sep 13, 2011 7:37 PM

Nov 2010
I feel sad that Steins;Gate finally ended, and for me its 10/10 and a pure masterpiece and definitely one that will never be forgotten by it's viewer or future viewers. I was amazed how fast the episode went by but also amazed how quickly 24 weeks pass and a epic anime like Steins;Gate just ends.

Its characters, story and very legacy will not be forgotten by me or by the many others who have enjoyed this series from start to finish, through all the twists and turns and cliffhangers that we have gone through to end it with a amazing conclusion. Now my life seems a little bit emptier...but yet a little closer to being complete as well.

El Psy Congroo...
Sep 13, 2011 7:45 PM
Jan 2011
Ohh Man!! I've lost my weekly source of energy!!

One of the best of anime history ever!!
Sep 13, 2011 7:50 PM

Dec 2010
I like Okabe's improvisation, but I honestly didn't like what happened after that.

It felt a little lackluster, didn't have the same level of impact that the end of ep 23 did.
Sep 13, 2011 7:51 PM

May 2011
So predictable yet so good.

Mean score is 8.97 on MAL, 7.9 on IMDb and 7.5 on animewatcher, at least some people know the difference between good and great.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Sep 13, 2011 7:52 PM

May 2009
They pulled it off. A very solid ending to a great series. It took a little while to get going, but once it did, it grabbed me and never let go. The second half was such a thrill ride with some truly epic episodes. I'll miss the lab members and especially the Mad Scientist himself.
El Psy Congroo.
Sep 13, 2011 7:55 PM
Nov 2010
We laughed we cried and we had good times and bad times but it has to end...... we had a great run didnt we?
Sep 13, 2011 7:55 PM

Jan 2010
QQ i ended up falling asleep while waiting for subs so Im really late watching it. Anyways such a masterpiece of an anime I honestly dont know what could actually beat it. Actually nothing will ever beat Steins;Gate it has become impossible. God now I gotta go look and find an english version of the VN and put into my treasure trove of epicness.

I really loved how Okabe went around giving out lab member badges to all the members, how Mayuri remeber most of the lab members, and finally Okabe x Kurisu was awesome. Overall this will take 1st spot on my favorite anime list as theres just nothing else I remeber that can top this anime. This as truely been an amazing 24 week ride and it was a pleasure enjoying it with you fellow riders.

EL. PSY. CONGROO.
Sep 13, 2011 8:03 PM

Oct 2009
As I expected kinda disappointing ending.
The harem aspect and voice acting of some characters make it hard to take the anime more seriously. But it was still very good, my 3rd favourite of the year.
3/5 for this episode
8/10 for the series.
Sep 13, 2011 8:06 PM

Aug 2010
Hey, Steins has reached an on-par score with Code Geass! 10 rate it more to beat it! Lolol
Sep 13, 2011 8:09 PM

Jan 2011
I found the ending to be great and an appropriate end for this awesome anime AND nonetheless El. Psy Congro.

I am a man than can make the impossible, possible.
Sep 13, 2011 8:13 PM

Jul 2011
Cheese like some HK movie at 17:28, did a mad scientist really need that to save who love him? muhahahaha i think not. Thats just turn me off.
Sep 13, 2011 8:33 PM
Jul 2011
【MAD】 Steins;Gate – Operation;Skuld

Sep 13, 2011 8:49 PM

Sep 2008
Darn, I was hoping that Kyouma would die and Christina would develop the time machine and go back in time and save him.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 13, 2011 9:07 PM
Aug 2008
Absolutely phenomenal show, i was a little worried in the end when it seemed that okabe and kurisu werent going to meet then. At first i thought kurisu forgot what they went through, but when he called her christina it was otherwise <3. Managed to turn a good ending that we see a lot and still give us a little surprise. Im hoping the movie is a continuation and not a recap of the series. Theres a lot that still could be explained/not known about the world line they now reside in. He doesnt know what the future holds outside of the fact he can now defy fate.

Going to be looking forward to a blog/post that sums up the chain of events in order and gives more background to the series biggest questions. Its been a great run, i really do hope the VN gets translated soon. Its too painful to wait.
Sep 13, 2011 9:07 PM
Aug 2011
Am I the only one who noticed the different lyrics on the opening? :O
Sep 13, 2011 9:12 PM

Jul 2010
plz come to see Akihabara!

PsychoRS said:

Steins;Gate OP1 - Hacking to the Gate [English Subs and Romanji] - YouTube
this. it's different from last episode. check second part lyric and how it is related to story.
Sep 13, 2011 9:12 PM

Apr 2010
PsychoRS said:

They've had that going for a few episodes.

Sep 13, 2011 9:14 PM

Aug 2011
PsychoRS said:

they had it ever since okabe got back to beta secai sen

i thought it was a "different" version but its the second verse of the whole song
Sep 13, 2011 9:15 PM

Jun 2010
Best anime seen in a long time. 10/10 =) El Psy Congroo lol

Sep 13, 2011 9:16 PM

Nov 2008
This thread needs some serious clean up XDD

Even though I don't know who's Suzuha's mother will be, I can guarantee she is definitely a hottie. XD Just look at Suzuha XDD

Oh, good thing Moeka is not an emo in the Steins Gate world line XDD I was worried about her suicidal issues and Okarin will have another mission XDD.

Overall, This show is great. Definitely rewatch-able and recommend-able. After all, this is the choice of Steins;Gate.

Can't wait for the Movie xDD

El Psy Congroo. 10/10

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Sep 13, 2011 9:19 PM
Aug 2011
shiromegami said:
PsychoRS said:

they had it ever since okabe got back to beta secai sen

i thought it was a "different" version but its the second verse of the whole song

Well, just right now I watched the OP at episode 22 and that's different than today's one. Listen just after the "Hacking to the gate" part, sooo different lyrics.
Sep 13, 2011 9:22 PM
Aug 2011
From EP1 to EP22, the opening says, after the "Hacking to the gate" sentence, this:

Dakara ima ichibyou goto ni sekaisen wo koete

Today's OP doesn't sound like that.

Opening changes in EP23 and 24, then.
Sep 13, 2011 9:23 PM

Oct 2010
moonlightmde said:

are you a genius?? ...
Wow! I AM HAPPY! Someone has read my theory and benefited from it.

Damn happy! :D My family are geniuses of PhD. I have health problems so I went down. Sry, beautiful mind but weak constitution so to speak. In this case it's health.

The beauty of my theory is Makise/Okabe souls and the search for their possible origin. Guess I was right. Mayuri again was remembering of Makise without any help from sharing Reading Steiner. That might be the 2nd proof that unlike Ruka/Feyris, Mayuri has the Reading Steiner already. Just she really keeps a lot inside,. most likely in the past she got too much in shit for using her powers. Who knows if she went through the shit as Okabe.

We have no way to check. It would be nice to tell more of that 20% not translated from the VN. That part is what I need to prove if my theory has any sense to ther world of Steins Gate.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Sep 13, 2011 9:36 PM

Mar 2010
Def a 10/10 from me. I haven't seen such an amazing anime in awhile. Storyline was awesome, all the characters were awesome. There was comedy and serious tones in the story.

The only thing I want answered is who Daru's future bride will be? Hopefully either the special or future movie can answer this. I can't wait to play the VN for myself so I can see other endings (if they have them?). I've been holding it off so I don't spoil the possible ending of the anime for myself.
Sep 13, 2011 9:56 PM

Jul 2009
Yeah who the hell is Daru's wife?! CANT BE TU TURU! ...or can it?
Sep 13, 2011 10:02 PM

Apr 2008
OMG, Okarin is so brave! I am so touched about what he did to save Kurisu~
Glad that they met again at the end ^__^
Sep 13, 2011 10:03 PM
Oct 2007
I never was a fan of Dr. Pepper, but for this I will convert
Sep 13, 2011 10:06 PM
Aug 2009
On Daru's profile and on some game forums it said Daru's wife was Amane Yuki.
As for the anime, I'm glade I watched this, was a bit doubtful about starting this anime when I heard it was linked to Chaos;Head since that anime made little to no sense. I gave this anime a 9/10 cause it got a bit..slow.. after the 1st few episodes and didn't catch up again till around episodes 10~
Sep 13, 2011 10:08 PM

Mar 2011
Kuh... I will devellop later, but awesome episode.
But it creates a LOT of problems about how time is supposed to work. A whole lot.
If it's a time travel "in the past" like the time leap machine, some things work, other doesn't.
It they changed world line ( which is still my favorite answer), some things work, other doesn't.

It seems that even if the serie is over, the brainstorming about it isn't. Not for me anyway.
Sep 13, 2011 10:25 PM
May 2011
type_silver said:
@All those that find this ending "boring" and "crap"
Just GTFO and go watch your shounen anime. I seriously don't know how this anime can get a better ending than this. It just sums up everything perfectly.
エル・プサイ・コングルゥ

I'm saying it as I seen it.... Sorry but the final episode just fell a little bit short... Yes, he did said that the solution is simple, but I sure didn't think it'll be that simple. The excitement from saving mayuri was just too high, and then the build up from episode 23 made tension sky high... So when episode 24 tie all the loose end so simplistically, one can't help but felt a little bummed.

And no need to label all that hated the ending as Narutard... everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
Sep 13, 2011 10:51 PM

Jan 2008
lolipedofin said:
type_silver said:
@All those that find this ending "boring" and "crap"
Just GTFO and go watch your shounen anime. I seriously don't know how this anime can get a better ending than this. It just sums up everything perfectly.
エル・プサイ・コングルゥ

I'm saying it as I seen it.... Sorry but the final episode just fell a little bit short... Yes, he did said that the solution is simple, but I sure didn't think it'll be that simple. The excitement from saving mayuri was just too high, and then the build up from episode 23 made tension sky high... So when episode 24 tie all the loose end so simplistically, one can't help but felt a little bummed.

And no need to label all that hated the ending as Narutard... everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I get what you're saying, but a man reached into his own bleeding stomach and purposely held open a stab wound to save the woman he loved.

If you can't appreciate that on its own...well, I've got nothing.
Sep 13, 2011 10:52 PM

Nov 2010
Ever since it ended.. I feel a bit empty now.. OH WAIT I GOT IT, I'LL JUST WAIT FOR THE VN TRANSLATION PATCH THEN PLAY IT AGAIN.
Sep 13, 2011 10:55 PM

Mar 2010
Satisfied with the ending. Not like it was something unexpected which may have been more exciting, but I'm very happy with the way it turned out. My favorite anime this year. 10/10
Sep 13, 2011 10:57 PM

Oct 2009
El. Psy. Congroo.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 13, 2011 10:58 PM

Feb 2008
This and Madoka are the best shows this year by far. Didn't care too much for it at first, but the second half was amazing.
Pages (37) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Activelee - Aug 16, 2011

487 by Agathusian »»
Yesterday, 1:01 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Jul 19, 2011

456 by Agathusian »»
Jun 6, 7:00 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Jul 5, 2011

460 by Agathusian »»
Jun 6, 6:13 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Jun 28, 2011

618 by Agathusian »»
Jun 6, 5:50 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rezurrekt - Jun 21, 2011

701 by Agathusian »»
Jun 6, 5:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.