Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Steins;Gate Episode 16 Discussion

Jul 19, 2011 11:37 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
As if it wasn't already incredibly obvious, we now got the even more obvious name of the time machine.
It's funny how the first person in the show that realizes that it was Dal, would be Mayushii.

Whoop whoop, the divergence took a leap to 0.409031.

And now to see just how much of the info people can piece together. ( ¬‿¬)
Inb4 loads of spoilers.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.

Jul 19, 2011 11:42 AM

I had to take a break from the emotional toll of Kamisama dolls #3 and this episode. Anyway It was great teary emotional experience in anime once again with the following,

that Suzuha/Daru hug was so heartwarming for there is nothing better in drams than the reunion of people and more so if it’s family. Daru from the beginning was caught dead on with that black guy in regards to the pin but him making a fake one for Suzuha to be happy of finding her father was a little strange even though in the end it worked out. Now when Daru was talking here, I was thinking where did I hear this line but upon seeing his voice seiyuu, it’s no surprise since I saw some animes where him. Just that it frustrates me that I cannot remember which anime and episode it sounded like that. For some reason I liked Daru’s segment with the Zero Coke in the spoiler
he was rather extremely happy. He must really love that brand a lot. I used to be like him except teeth problems told me that I will lose them faster if I continue so just saying it’s not he best for your teeth. As Okabe was thinking I liked Daru’s boldness in saying to her daughter to undress in the Time Machine, even though it was a perverted joke.

I ROFL really hard when Daru here said to have Suzuha call him Papa instead of Dad and the camera angle was funny at that part. Loved seeing the time pose before Suzuha leaves in the spoiler
that was nice particularly with Suzuha’s head a little in the part. As Suzuha was leaving I find that Daru’s serious face here is the most serious of all times. In fact it’s EPIC itself. Daru was really funny with the way he showed his expression here in regards to Suzuha being 54 years old now. I loved how Mayuri finds about Daru being the father of Suzuha by pointing the name of the Time Machine in the spoiler
that was like the dead give away that he is the one that made it with version stuff.

The 2nd most emotional part for me in this episode is the following,

It might not be much but if you notice Suzuha’s shadow was swinging back and forth so it showed her hanging with Mr. Braun’s surprised expression. That really made me sad. That because she failed she committed suicide the letter on the roof added to the emotional toll. During its reading it really strikes me as strange as to why was Suzuha covered in blood in the spoiler
while there was some shooting? JFK incident? I did freak a little with Suzuha having blood on her when the time machine landed but not as much as in Kamisama #3. I loved Suzuha’s hair blowing in the wind here and as soon as the BGM music started here, it was totally “EF A Tales of Memories” OP again. Don’t know why but the song reminded me of it.

Some other points,
  • The beginning was so serious with the black guy and Okabe’s face in the spoiler
    that was nicely done.

• I really got excited as the Time Machine suddenly lights up in the spoiler
    that was like a “It works!” moment for me.

• Okabe’s time manipulation earned him like Oosran said indeed a higher Divergence Meter rating in the spoiler
    that’s really good as it means the 1% is getting there.
In thee end we are left with a Mayuri sleeping nicely in the spoiler
having the time be 20:14 and the time glass being completely out, there is no doubt something changed. What will the change imply is to be seen in the next episode.
Modified by Yumekichi11, Jul 19, 2011 3:20 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!

Jul 19, 2011 11:57 AM
SHSL Sugar Daddy

You guys are quick, because the episode was just released!
Or did you watch the raw because you couldn't wait? XD

Will edit this post when I'll finish watching the episode, and I have high expectations. This is for me easily the best show of the season, and perhaps if it keeps up this could be my favorite show EVER.

Edit: OK, this is now my favorite show ever.
Modified by DeadIEnd, Jul 19, 2011 2:37 PM

Jul 19, 2011 12:16 PM

Oh god, this show is just too good. I felt so sad when Suzuha left, and I felt like complete shit when she told us she failed over and over and over again. It was just... gah. ;__;
Then we also heard she committed suicide, and my heart skipped a beat.
This show.
THIS MOTHERFUCKING SHOW.

It's too good. It's just... too good.

Suzuha said:
Shippaishita...
Shippaishita.
SHIPPAISHITA.
SHIPPAISHITA.
SHIPPAISHITA!
SHIPPAISHITA!!

Yurushite... Yurushite, yurushite, YURUSHITE!

;_____; > my motherfucking face the entire time.

Now, time to abandon thread for incoming spoilers. I can't wait for the next episode, as usual.
Modified by Samu-tan, Jul 19, 2011 12:20 PM

Jul 19, 2011 12:19 PM

Fuck this was hard to watch, Suzuha going to 70's(the first time) after just finding her father, then failing & committing suicide...BAH! T_T

Anyway - So I guess the second time worked? Divergence number increased & Mayushii is still alive..... So will there be no more Suzuha from now on? :(

Oosran said:
It's funny how the first person in the show that realizes that it was Dal, would be Mayushii.

Yes, indeed it is.

Jul 19, 2011 12:27 PM

So it was Daru afterall..

𝓜𝔂𝓐𝓷𝓲𝓶𝓮𝓛𝓲𝓼𝓽

The inner sea of the planet. The platform of the watchtower. From the edge of paradise you shall hear my words.
Your story shall be full of blessings. ━Let only those without sin pass. "Garden of Avalon"!

Jul 19, 2011 12:33 PM

Hum...maybe I didn't notice it before but is this first episode with a piano tune? You could hear different tunes throughout the episode, I don't remember if any earlier episodes even have any.

So it looks like Mayuri is safe, but I will guess that the other characters might not be.

Jul 19, 2011 12:33 PM

I feel sad for Suzuha. The ride continues, I guess.

Jul 19, 2011 12:36 PM

I thought something was about tol happen when i saw Mayuri sleeping but then... it was over ;_;. Goddamnit, thisanimeismakingmecrazy.
Poor Suzuha, the music when she found out who her father is and when she left was telling us something bad will happen ;_;.
And Okabe brought the bycicle, how nice of him.
The number changed, but it's not enough. NOT.ENOUGH.

I want every single day to be tuesday *rages immensely*
"If Eren boned Historia then we'll be getting flashbacks right back to Ymir, from both of them."
- imadethisforonething (Reddit)

Jul 19, 2011 12:50 PM

wow, that was really depressing. she leaves them after finding her father, then she failed, and comited suicide and the others lose the memory of what happened? that is really depressing I echo.

what happens now? they still didn't get the IBN 5100 and lost Suzuha and the time machine but Mayushi (who was useful this time) might be saved....

Jul 19, 2011 12:57 PM

I really wished I hadn't watched this episode so early in the day... That was so damn depressing. I know very well what it feels like to waste your life away accomplishing nothing. =/

Note: Could you guys please use the *spoiler* tags when posting them, because a couple of the comments on here will kill the episode for people who haven't watched it yet.
"Seize the time, Meribor - live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again." - Captain Jean-Luc Picard.

Jul 19, 2011 1:07 PM

just.... FRIGGIN LOVED THIS EPISODE!!!
it was quite obvious that he was the father, but her detective skills must be applauded!! :D

but still, i'm proud that suzuha DID change the future, because, i was just SAD when she repeated that she failed.... and i think she has, as mayushi hasn't died, but still, since it hasn't chnaged by 1%, i doubt that she lives =/

But still, a perfect episode for me (But i think they could change the ED, i don't like this one, but if they keep it, it doesnt matter! :D)

Jul 19, 2011 1:12 PM

Oosran said:
Whoop whoop, the divergence took a leap to 0.409031.

Nice! This is great. More increase please!
Oosran said:
And now to see just how much of the info people can piece together. ( ¬‿¬)
Inb4 loads of spoilers.
With a TL;DR of mines, count on it.

spoilers? Doubt it with my friend Saka, he will move time lines again if he has to. No more spoilers, I had friends here on MAL bitching at them.
rarri said:

You guys are quick, because the episode was just released!
Or did you watch the raw because you couldn't wait? XD
NO I don't care posting first, but I am multitasking a few things no but seriously, the Taru->Daru is obvious. No the subs were also out. Horrible subs are quick.
Modified by Yumekichi11, Jul 19, 2011 3:16 PM

Jul 19, 2011 1:16 PM
Such a sad episode. They brought on the daru thing really fast but they did it really well. As always... can't wait till next weeks episode

Jul 19, 2011 1:20 PM

I knew he was the father. There were signs all over. I'm just wondering how did the future change. She forgot everything, so she shouldn't have made that big of an impact on the future. I wonder if she left something for Okabe or Daru. Anything, even though she didn't find the IBN 5100, it's still nice if she left something for either of them.

Jul 19, 2011 1:21 PM

Archie74 said:
Note: Could you guys please use the *spoiler* tags when posting them, because a couple of the comments on here will kill the episode for people who haven't watched it yet.

Which retard would even read an episode DISCUSSION thread when he hasn't even watched the episode yet? That person must have 0 brain cells.

Jul 19, 2011 1:23 PM

I already knew what will happen and that made previous episode so sad... Every time they talked about time machine I still heard her voice saying: "Shippaishita, shippaishita, shippaishita, shippaishita..."

But this episode... It's just... heartbreaking... Poor girl...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykH47_xAUeI

Never saw no miracle of science, that didn't go from a blessing to a curse
Never saw no military solution, that didn't end up as something worse

Jul 19, 2011 1:24 PM

The subs were out 1-2 hours ago...

She wasn't able to find the IBN 5100, but the divergence meter has slightly changed to when Mayuri will still be alive in this timeline.

Thus ends the Suzuha arc (??). So depressing... ;_;

10/10

Jul 19, 2011 1:24 PM

Why couldet okarin time leap and stop suzu from going o.o

Jul 19, 2011 1:31 PM
It was funny when Mayuri(the detective) figure out, who is Suzuha's father.

On the other hand, it was really depressing to hear that Suzuha's mission failed and that she committed suicide. Though i'm guessing the guilt she had for having lived a happy life then suddenly remembering that she had an important mission, was to much for her to handle.
Modified by Z-flame, Jul 19, 2011 1:47 PM

Jul 19, 2011 1:31 PM

13man18 said:
I knew he was the father. There were signs all over. I'm just wondering how did the future change. She forgot everything, so she shouldn't have made that big of an impact on the future. I wonder if she left something for Okabe or Daru. Anything, even though she didn't find the IBN 5100, it's still nice if she left something for either of them.

The time machine was broken because of the rain, but after Okarin sent the D-Mail Suzuha went back before it got broken, thus arriving in the past with her memories intact. It's hard to say what happened afterwards but she's clearly done enough to save Mayushii.
Ara ara.

Jul 19, 2011 1:32 PM

Is this the IBN 5100 in the 0.409031 world line?

All I can remember, IBN was inside a box beside the PC. I'll go rewatch some episodes and verify the world line divergence. Suzuha might have succeeded when Okarin sent the D-mail and she put it in shrine where Ruka lives. Hence, they have the IBN 5100 now.

If I think about it, it should be clear that Suzuha will fail to find IBN 5100 because there's no IBN in that world line. Dang I'm so slow XDD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Jul 19, 2011 1:37 PM

Mayushii is alive! Where is Kurisu? Maybe she's dead(first episode) or they didn't met her and she'll join SERN?
I think there isn't perfect solution with everybody happy and alive. I thought that Daru had child with Suzu, and that child time travelled to have child again with him.

Jul 19, 2011 1:40 PM
I think I'll put this on hold and watch it in a single run when it's completed because I don't get anymore what the hell is happening, too much confusion.

Jul 19, 2011 1:41 PM

I knew Daru was the Dad! So obvious. MAN this was good.

Jul 19, 2011 1:45 PM

MALz_Otaku said:
Why couldet okarin time leap and stop suzu from going o.o

The time leap machine was created on 13th of august and Okarin stopped Suzuha from leaving which was on 9th of august. Okarin can go back with only two days in the past - 11th of august. From then, he cannot go on the 9th because the time leap machine wasn't created yet.

Sorry for my english >.<
"If Eren boned Historia then we'll be getting flashbacks right back to Ymir, from both of them."
- imadethisforonething (Reddit)

Jul 19, 2011 1:48 PM

This show just keeps getting better, need to wait a whole week again now... >_>

Jul 19, 2011 2:11 PM
Awesome episode and all that, I have to run from this thread(just like almost all of the threads... I only read the comments in one of the earlier threads and was spoiled that Daru is Suzuha's father so, now that that's done, there's no way I want a spoiler again) now so I don't read any spoilers, sorry for ignoring everyone's posts and not writing anything smarter...:P

Jul 19, 2011 2:13 PM

Tomislavr7 said:
Awesome episode and all that, I have to run from this thread(just like almost all of the threads... I only read the comments in one of the earlier threads and was spoiled that Daru is Suzuha's father so, now that that's done, there's no way I want a spoiler again) now so I don't read any spoilers, sorry for ignoring everyone's posts and not writing anything smarter...:P

I am sorry , but thats not something you NEED to get spoiler. IT WAS FRACKING OBVIOUS for at least 6 episodes already.

Speculation =/= spoilers.

Get that into your heads, people.

Jul 19, 2011 2:19 PM

Archie74 said:
I really wished I hadn't watched this episode so early in the day... That was so damn depressing. I know very well what it feels like to waste your life away accomplishing nothing. =/

People shouldn't be discussing the episode without having watched it right? I only get angry when people post spoilers going past the current episode.

Jul 19, 2011 2:20 PM

sad episode mental tears have been shed :(
i dont know if shit could get any realer

Jul 19, 2011 2:26 PM

attracting episode as always.
suzuha's letter might be one of the traumatic scene.
‪STEINS;GATE 失敗した失敗した失敗した失敗した失敗した失敗した失敗した‬‏ - YouTube
i wanted to see middle aged suzuha in anime, but she didn't appeared.
so she only appeared in manga so far.
Baka-Updates Manga - Steins;Gate - Onshuu no Brownian Motion

Jul 19, 2011 2:30 PM

Kurisu is missing >_> , i think in exchange for Mayuri , something happened after he send that D-mail

Jul 19, 2011 2:43 PM

So Mayushii isn't as dumb as she seems like.
Suzuha committing suicide was sad and her letter seemed a bit disturbing with the repetition of words. I wonder what change she brought upon.
So I am guessing Mayushii will still die because the divergence number didn't change.

Well go got to know Daru's age in this episode! So Okarin should be something around 24-ish too. Why does knowing his age give me more dirty fantasies about him?

maddest said:
Kurisu is missing >_> , i think in exchange for Mayuri , something happened after he send that D-mail
I have a bad feeling about Kurisu missing too.

Jul 19, 2011 2:49 PM

Why is this anime so frickin amazing? T_T

I was accidentally spoiled about Daru, so that wasn't a shock.

I also think something happened to Kurisu,

Can't wait to see what happens next!

Jul 19, 2011 2:53 PM

I kind of miss that little girl now...

Jul 19, 2011 3:04 PM

This episode hits hard man.

Jul 19, 2011 3:15 PM

Valentiln said:
So Mayushii isn't as dumb as she seems like.
Suzuha committing suicide was sad and her letter seemed a bit disturbing with the repetition of words. I wonder what change she brought upon.
So I am guessing Mayushii will still die because the divergence number didn't change.

Well go got to know Daru's age in this episode! So Okarin should be something around 24-ish too. Why does knowing his age give me more dirty fantasies about him?

Actually the divergence did change, it went from 0.337187 to 0.409431.

Also, Daru is 19 while Okabe is 18.

Jul 19, 2011 3:16 PM

Some other points to discuss.
  • Did anyone think that the effects it produced during its warping in the spoiler
    looked like a Chronosphere from the Command & Conquer Red Alert 2 game? I sure saw it like that.

• Poor Suzuha being hurt and screaming her mind out due to suddenly remembering who she was in the spoiler
    well I have the theory behind why the rain screwed up the Time Machine. You see, most people would think water + electronics are a no no but I see it as the rain possibly ruining a sort of Reading Steiner film on the machine or whatever was responsible for that to be active. I would highly assume that Daru in the future knew how to reproduce the Reading Steiner effects into producing a device into the Time Machine that makes the effect around the machine like a shield to keep the memories of the person from being erased.

• It was really nice to have Mr. Braun show the place where Suzuha lived in the spoiler
    along with her old bike. It’s also to note that it changed Suzuha’s death from suicide to dying of an illness. It was nice that Suzuha took in Mr. Braun when he was young because his house burned.
That all being said the next episode will be amazing to see what changed exactly with Mayuri.

Jul 19, 2011 3:20 PM

Episodes just keep getting better, cannot wait for next weeks!
hey hey hey hey no

Jul 19, 2011 3:28 PM
Not sure if this was answered yet, but what was written on the d-mail that Okabe sent? There were a few screen pauses of his cell phone and the words S.E.R.N were on one of them.

Jul 19, 2011 3:32 PM

I knew this was going to be a painful episode... but the anime made it into a nice roller coaster. T_T

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/

Jul 19, 2011 3:41 PM

Yokoo said:
Not sure if this was answered yet, but what was written on the d-mail that Okabe sent? There were a few screen pauses of his cell phone and the words S.E.R.N were on one of them.

Okarin sent Dmail to himself.
He wrote "Stop tailing Suzuha, it's a trap by SERN."

Jul 19, 2011 3:42 PM

Remember the first few episodes before Okarin sent that first Dmail?

Jul 19, 2011 3:45 PM

Daru and Suzuha are family! <3
but.. T_T Part-time warrior..

Jul 19, 2011 3:55 PM
so its proven that the d-mail changes the divergence meter
not the time leap machine.
when okabe continuously went back in time to do time leap, the divergence meter didnt change
when he finally sent a dmail this episode, the divergence meter changed and mayuri no longer dies

Jul 19, 2011 3:56 PM

I totally called the Daru x Suzu thing. When Okabe sprinted back to the lab Mayuri was still there sleeping, now this is after 7PM (The time that the universe ultimately kills her) and the hourglass was still intact too. Does this mean that he ahs saved Mayuri? and what about Makise? Okabe knows that Mayuri was going to die so it's normal that he is more worried about her safety but he has forgotten about Makise. I don't know what is about to happen, but....SHIT GON HIT THE FAN SOON! This means Moeka is doing something else right now too....hmmmmmmmm, so many things to know...

but....Baito-senshi :(

Jul 19, 2011 4:47 PM
Bye bye Suzuha, you were an awesome character and it even seems like you saved Mayuri at the end ! The future's getting back on good tracks.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.

Jul 19, 2011 4:48 PM

wow, i mean wow, such a heart felt episode, i mean series. this is just getting more and more interesting, i wonder if Suzuha will make a comeback? will they some how make her live again, you never know with an anime like this, but i doubt it slightly :( plus i don't want to get my hopes up, is this one of the best animes ever? recent anime is getting really good, these last 2 seasons have been absolutely amasing if i'm not the only one who thinks this. not meaning to forget that Mahou Madoka was before that (right?)

Jul 19, 2011 5:03 PM

He said dirty things to his own daughter than after finding out it's his daughter. He asks if his wife was hot. LOl this guy too good-

Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »