Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »
Jan 8, 2017 3:33 AM

Oct 2015
Trap is too real for me. Hmm seen like it going to end at the snow white arc.
Jan 8, 2017 4:37 AM

Mar 2014
wow this is quite interesting. i felt like a lot already happened after the first episode. gonna look forward to this :D
why am i so well drawn into time travel stories?
do i really have that many regrets?
Jan 8, 2017 5:19 AM

Sep 2014
The instant I heard the voice from the trap, I can recognized it. By Hayami Saori?!!!!?!!?!?!?! That was unexpected, lol.

Not bad for the 1st episode. I find it enjoyable at least.
IzuhoJan 8, 2017 5:22 AM
Jan 8, 2017 6:35 AM

May 2009
G_Spark233 said:
Ok episode. Disliking most of the characters already.

Ugh another trap

He likes unintroduced yet Neko, unfortunately for him she doesn't notice him at all.
Jan 8, 2017 7:25 AM

Aug 2013
This is going to be interesting. :)
Jan 8, 2017 7:45 AM
Jul 2018
i am reading the manga :) let's hope the anime doesnt ruin this shit cuz its pretty good for a harem.
Jan 8, 2017 9:10 AM
Jan 2016
It's all the crap story without the awesome art of the LN. I am disappoint.
Jan 8, 2017 9:52 AM

Jan 2014
Looks decent. Definitely one I'll be watching this season.
Jan 8, 2017 10:26 AM

Mar 2013
Wah it's first episode and I'm already hating the heroine. Hardcore tsundere were never up to my taste anyway >_>

And also, I can't seem to like or root for a perfectionist as MC. Normal guys feel much more relatable ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 8, 2017 11:10 AM

Jan 2015
I am so happy this got an adaptation! I love this manga so much and the two MC are just lovely. Looking forward to this, and hope they do a good job adapting the manga.

Pigs feet instead of piggy?
Jan 8, 2017 2:12 PM

May 2009
Strangely, on AT-X first episode had different ED

IMO feels kinda whitealbumtwoish
bastek66Jan 8, 2017 2:15 PM
Jan 8, 2017 2:16 PM

Feb 2014
*sigh* looks like Shouwa Rakugo is the only highlight for me this season, this episode just heightened my blood pressure out of anger.
Queen bitch humilitating the boys who confess in public is of course overlooked cuz shes hot and guys stupidly keep confessing again cuz shes hot.
Oh and we need to show her cute side with her eating habit and being sooo vulnerable so all the otakus can fap to this.
I bet there´s gonna also be a oh-so tragic past to justify this because we can´t have bitchy waifus be just evil, right?
MC reminds a bit of Kanye from Amagi Brilliant Park all about looks and being popular.
He wants to exact revenge against queen bitch but probably gonna bail out cuz he really falls in love with her and immediately forgets what she´s done welp handsome people gonna need a free pass so we get our "romance".
The only nice things in this episode were the two chicks that stuck to MC and the ending song.
Jan 8, 2017 2:50 PM

Feb 2011
I can't wait for the next episode. The storyline and the first episode really piqued my interest and I feel like it has potential to be a good romance. However, I scared of the "harem" genre tag it has lol. We'll see I guess.
Jan 8, 2017 4:14 PM

Jul 2015
This seems very interesting. I have not read the manga so I am excited to see how this plays out!

Jan 8, 2017 5:58 PM

Aug 2015
Pretty enjoyable episode. This should be a fun series to follow... I hope.
Jan 8, 2017 6:13 PM

Aug 2013
i hope she drowns                                    
Jan 8, 2017 10:42 PM

Jan 2013
I enjoyed it.

So far it's hitting all the generic tropes I enjoy out of anime.
Jan 8, 2017 10:48 PM

May 2012
I don't like attitude of characters. They act like bunch of idiots.

Trolls are miserable and that's why they troll. They wish to make other people miserable so that they can feel better about themselves. They are also reaching out for the attention that they don't get in the physical world.
Jan 9, 2017 2:39 AM
Jan 2017
I enjoyed this anime.. For this season.. Cant hardly wait to see more episode coming
Jan 9, 2017 5:25 AM
Dec 2014
Based on this episode. We can say that main girl is not immune to the "hot guy effect."

Reasons are:

1. She turns her head to look at him as if he attracted her attention before the OP starts (I assume that's cause he looks attractive).

2. She enters the classroom and specifically went to MC to ask him a question. Why not just ask the nearest person on the door? She doesn't care who will answer her question right?

3. It is a bit subtle but main girl seems to like dogs (she has them when she was a kid). Then we see main girl call MC a dog. Obviously a human can't be a dog but when a person who loves dogs call you a dog, is that an insult or a compliment?
Huex3Jan 9, 2017 5:28 AM
Jan 9, 2017 6:24 AM

Oct 2011
the plot remember me Takefumi's story in Karekano, XD

"a rich, fat spoiled boy who suffered with bullying when was a kid... so, he is saved by a girl, who ended breaking his heart... and so, he decide to change himself, become a handsome guy and conquer the girl to revenge"

have so many details in common, XD ... anyway, don't liked this Adagaki Aki (every time someone say her name, sounds like an echo ^^' ) ... even if we don't consider her b*tch attitude about men, the way her treat that weird girl who help her, piss me off
Jan 9, 2017 9:57 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm I actually like the concept behind the story for this anime.
Bullying is an interesting theme to pick but expanding that to revenge is certainly unexpected.

Thats a lot of fitness machines though
But sill posing in front of a mirror after morning exercise is a bit vain lol

But lol that breakfast is pretty high in calories
something that the fitness conscious Mc can't really eat
Hmm so the Mc rates physical appearance quite highly it seems

The poor guy at the tennis court though
lol but i guess being handsome will make you a chick magnet

Lol Yamada's speech though was so cringy and over the top
Public confessions of love are never a good idea
but wow never expected the girl to run a background check on him though
Looks like Yamada was pretty sure that he will succeed

Lol an interest in gender swapping eh
Yamada sure has some weird interests there lol
Lol the way the crowd stepped back as this was revealed
A overambitious person thats asking out the school idol would always end up crashing lol

Lol the nickname of Moleo eh
Quite an embarrassing name there lol
but man the princess sure is merciliess

Hmm so thats how they met again then eh
I like the opening song as well and im surprised that it was actually sung by the seiyuu of the main heroine as well. Thats some impressive vocals there

So a simple rejection like that was what started the mc's path then eh
The class rep looks like a pretty depedanble character from first impressions
Lol hot guys don't get told off even when falling asleep in class
Its always nice to have friends though

Hmm so most good looking guys in the anime's world is stuck up and arrogant eh
pretty much like what it is here in the real world lol

Wow the princess sure is arrogant and a bit violent
but looking at this anime's flow that might change gradually
Lol going to a class to confront the one that sent a love letter to her

Hmm so thats why she has the nickname the Cruel princess
The scene at the hall though
That was pretty tense

Hmm so despite hating guys Aki has quite a number of girls that seems to be close to her.
Lol the mc working so hard to gather intel
Lol an unfortunate aura eh

Hmm so thats the secret eh
That Aki would have her lunch in a isolated location
Lol so the mc has such a large fear of spiders eh

Damm that must have been embarrassing
But it wasn't all bad as the mc found out the types of food that Aki eats
hmm thats quite an appetite lol
Lol Aki's abrupt explanation though was quite cute
Quite the trump card the mc has there lol
Now he can be close to her without worrying about anything
well apart while incurring Aki being mean to him

But of course not everything will go his way
when you look like you are making a move on the school idol

But man Aki has quite the appetite
despite having that heavy of a lunch
Hmm so it was the pudding prince then eh
but i guess when you that cruel towards someone something like this will happen
Credit to Aki in that she's pretty brave to not be scared there

Waiting until Aki is alone before striking eh
Man Pudding prince
Good thing that the mc was there

Despite the obvious reasons for revenge
i think that the mc would eventually end up really falling for Aki in the end
Dead or love plan eh
Lol did the mc's identity get found out already

Quite an enjoyable first episode actually
Characters were interesting especially Aki and the mc
Story also looks pretty good so far
Love both the opening and ending themes
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 9, 2017 10:42 AM

Nov 2015
Although the MC is a big asshole I think its interesting because its just something different from other Harem/School animes. I also love the animation/soundtrack a lot. I just have the fear that it will end up pretty generic and will get boring, hopefully not. Should be the strongest first episode of this season so far.

5/5
Jan 9, 2017 3:10 PM

Jan 2016
can easily predict how this is gonna go with the main heroine

i just hope they explore the other characters more( loli mom as a heroine?).

Also trap so 11/10 for me.
Jan 9, 2017 5:03 PM

Apr 2013
Ill be nice, and give this episode an 8/10

It was enjoyable...and the premise is decent. The next episode is super important though. It will decide if this anime is just another generic rom/com, or if it will exceed our expectations.
Jan 9, 2017 5:04 PM

Oct 2012
Yeah, she obviously remembered when he said that sentence about smiling but I also think he got her feelings all wrong back then.
Well, this would be interesting to watch, somehow it seem like Silver Link could make very enjoyable series unlike the usual.

I'm officially hooked, wonder what the next episode brings to the mystery. And I bet pretty much every girl of her gang has some weird quirk.
Jan 9, 2017 6:02 PM

Aug 2014
Is it just me, or does Masamune (Left) look extremely similar to Kirito from SAO (Right)?
Although, I will admit that I chose pictures where it's a bit more highlighted, in my opinion, the point still stands.

Jan 9, 2017 8:33 PM

Mar 2016
4/5

I'm entertained. MC hilarious when he saw the spider and called "Pig Foot." LOL

Looking forward for the next Episode. Expecting more female Characters. XD
Jan 9, 2017 10:14 PM

Nov 2011
Arawaj said:

AND the female protagonist GOES TO HIGHSCHOOL WITH BLUE HAIR. Totally unreal. We should all drop it right now
Jan 10, 2017 1:06 AM

Aug 2014
A loli mom and a trap friend. Masamune surely have more than everything one could hope for.
Saori Hayami yet again, now she's a Trap. I started 3 anime aired in this season and her voice is in all 3 of them. Joy.
Jan 10, 2017 3:04 AM

Jan 2016
tbh i kind like the silly story and backstory as well as the "popular" MC and to me i thought it was really funny and amusing to watch.

havent read much about this serie but believe it will be a good one!
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Jan 10, 2017 4:53 AM

May 2012
gemanepa said:
Arawaj said:

AND the female protagonist GOES TO HIGHSCHOOL WITH BLUE HAIR. Totally unreal. We should all drop it right now

Nice trolling. try better.
Trolls are miserable and that's why they troll. They wish to make other people miserable so that they can feel better about themselves. They are also reaching out for the attention that they don't get in the physical world.
Jan 10, 2017 5:26 AM

May 2016
Arawaj said:
gemanepa said:

He has a point though, you are complaining about the stuff not being realistic when its never meant to be. The stomach rumbling is more of an anime trope and the whole calories things wasn't meant to be taken seriously.
Jan 10, 2017 6:52 AM

Mar 2015
A good first episode. The OP had fanservice in it but there were a bunch of interesting scenes in it like the brown haired girl crying and the shot where there are two versions of her (one in a hood). I'm guessing she'll be introduced in the next episode.

In the episode itself I found the music to be outstanding from the first scene of the MC drying himself off. The MC seems pretty interesting, though we likely know most of his story and already know his motivation and his goal. Seems like there's gonna be a chubby rival somewhere along the story as well.

The MC managed to win Aki (or be quite close) with barely any resistance. It would be funnier to see the two conflict for a while before Aki gives in but maybe everything is meant to go smooth at first for the MC- after all he planned it his whole life.

The girls were pretty cute- the servant girl to Aki had some weird ass eyebrows (like the cat humans from re zero)

I hope this anime will be a fun ride yet throw in some decent drama / heart warming parts.
“Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth. But the world isn't perfect, and the law is incomplete..." -Alphonse Elric

"Then and now, what I protect has never changed!" -Sakata Gintoki

I'll take anything like The Pet Girl of Sakurasou. Anything as good as that.
Jan 10, 2017 8:57 AM
Nov 2016
The first episode does show promise for the series, the concept and idea of the story is cool and funny.
Jan 10, 2017 12:33 PM
Mar 2012
Has this relife oregairu vibe with similar characters, + Amagi mc.
nice abs
Saori Hayami as trap so lols, so distracted didnt even care about main pair.
Female mc ojou tsun way too mean, seems sadistic even, dislike that character type. Male mc might go the way of Yuu from Charlotte, a pompous fool who falls into a lackey position, which'll be disappointing.
Orange maid & mc's imouto seem interesting.
Katou Tatsuya giving epic osts to ordinary life.
Jan 10, 2017 12:57 PM

Jul 2014
Why couldnt they just cast Hayami Saori as an actual girl than a trap? its very distracting, everytime I hear her I cant not imagine the trap being an actual girl.
They shoulda just gave her the main role, not digging Adagaki's va, she's not bad but I woulda liked Saori better.
Jan 10, 2017 2:58 PM

Nov 2015

The protagonist, Masamune, is a Kirito face. Deal with it.
Anyway, I didn't know that he didn't know that blue haired girl was the same that rejected him when he was fat... ohhh.

I think the series tries to be taken seriously (the OP pointed towards that a bit) but I just can't. The forced suspense with ordinary things is so funny xD Well, not super funny but it makes me chuckle.

Goddamn it, another anime with a trap... What's the big deal with those!?

I hope this Aki doesn't end up being as an Ami, from Toradora!, that I started hating but ended up liking. I mean, she reminds me a lot to her. This may be troublesome. Well, it's a show about cute and popular guys/girls in highschool so I should not give it much though. It's meant to be this way I guess.

OHH!! Masamune made Aki blush already!
OHH!! Masamune has been discovered already!
xD

Ok, good first episode. Better than expected. I had not much expectations for this series but maybe it will be worth giving it a try.

PD: Yes, Aki's legs with socks are superb =3
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

-Abyss_Walker- said:
Arawaj said:

He has a point though, you are complaining about the stuff not being realistic when its never meant to be. The stomach rumbling is more of an anime trope and the whole calories things wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

Exactly. What's the best way to communicate that Aki feels hungry without exposition and in just 1 second? Plus, being funny while we are at it? Rumbling noises! That's why they use it! I mean, another example would be the sweat drop that almost every anime uses to show a character is worried or similar. We don't sweat one single giant drop every time we are worried or sorry about something, do we?

The calories, it's a gag. Humor augments and exaggerates reality to be fun! Saying everything is high on calories is a way to make fun of people that measure nutritional levels on every dish they eat.
HumbertoZeroJan 10, 2017 3:28 PM
Jan 10, 2017 5:30 PM

May 2012
-Abyss_Walker- said:
Arawaj said:

No, he hes not. If you not care about stuff like those i wrote is your taste, etc. Why anyone want to force others about their taste in shows? I like realism in some aspects. If you like nonsense because lots of people like it its ok, but not force others to be like you.

HumbertoZero said:

(...)
Exactly. What's the best way to communicate that Aki feels hungry without exposition and in just 1 second? Plus, being funny while we are at it? Rumbling noises! That's why they use it! I mean, another example would be the sweat drop that almost every anime uses to show a character is worried or similar. We don't sweat one single giant drop every time we are worried or sorry about something, do we?

The calories, it's a gag. Humor augments and exaggerates reality to be fun! Saying everything is high on calories is a way to make fun of people that measure nutritional levels on every dish they eat.

The same is going for you. If you like gags like these and you think that is fun that doesn't mean others will like it too.

Forum about anime is pointless if users are forced to think in "one true way" which is allowed by most aggressive ones.
ArawajJan 10, 2017 5:45 PM
Jan 10, 2017 6:05 PM

Nov 2015
Arawaj said:

The same is going for you. If you like gags like these and you think that is fun that doesn't mean others will like it too.

Forum about anime is pointless if users are forced to think in "one true way" which is allowed by most aggressive ones.

Dude, I'm talking as one person that likes logic, consistence and coherence in a plot, but there are shows that are just gags. Not to be taken seriously. You need to learn to separate intellectual series to illogical series like this one.

Your opinion is valid per se because everyone has different taste, but it's not a valid argument to say the show is bad. You could have brought something else to back that up but not those. I mean, you complained about stuff equal to a blue haired teenager bitch with hime complex going to highschool, let alone all the unique scenarios that happen so commonly on anime. There are series you need to turn off your brain, at least partially.
Jan 10, 2017 7:22 PM

Sep 2015
The MC is supposed to be handsome, but his design is so lame that it looks like 99% of harems' protagonist. I wonder whether mangakas know what do straight girls find hot. A hint: not Kiritos.

Back to the actual episode: overused jokes, boring and cliche characters. And that forced drama at the end made me drop this. Hope trap wins this since I'm bored of predictable harems and I don't understand why a boy would fall in love with the main girl in the first place.

2/5, generic as fuck. Wouldn't watch again.

You just lost the game
Jan 11, 2017 5:01 AM

May 2012
HumbertoZero said:
Arawaj said:

Dude, I'm talking as one person that likes logic, consistence and coherence in a plot, but there are shows that are just gags. Not to be taken seriously. You need to learn to separate intellectual series to illogical series like this one.

Your opinion is valid per se because everyone has different taste, but it's not a valid argument to say the show is bad. You could have brought something else to back that up but not those. I mean, you complained about stuff equal to a blue haired teenager bitch with hime complex going to highschool, let alone all the unique scenarios that happen so commonly on anime. There are series you need to turn off your brain, at least partially.

You should read my comment at least once. I complained not about lack logic in show but:
Arawaj said:

THEIR BEHAVIOUR

Illogical aspect i added as bonus in spoiler tag as information not opinion about show quality.

So all 3 of you acted like fanboys who didn't even bother to check with what they fighting.

Let's stop this pointless discussion when it's tolerably peaceful.
Jan 11, 2017 5:46 AM

Nov 2015
Jajaja this guy is funny.
He's like "WHY DO YOU LIKE WHAT I HAAATEE!?"

Chill man. This anime is clearly not meant to be taken serious and you are nitpicking so much.

PD: Never start a discussion if you do not intent to learn something from it.
Cishet said:
I'm bored of predictable harems and I don't understand why a boy would fall in love with the main girl in the first place.

I know right!?

I mean, who died and set that rule anyway?
Jan 12, 2017 12:13 AM

Oct 2013
Pretty fun anime. Honestly, it's pretty interesting having a show as mean-spirited as this, to the point where I almost hope there isn't a huge attempt in redeeming Aki's and Masamune's more questionable character traits. It feels too easy to have these characters actually end up falling in love with each other, so I hope that's not the route they take. If that has to happen, at the very least this show will take a different road to reach that conclusion.

Masamune feels like the character Yuu Otosaka should've been. The greatest parts of his character so far is when he acts all high and mighty, and then he gets thrown off by some random thing like a spider, his sister, etc. Main male characters in high school anime are usually a dime a dozen, worrying about what they are gonna do with their lives after high school, how they can make the most out their time at high school, etc. So its nice to have an MC that has a sole focus on a pretty shortsighted goal.

The art is pretty nice, but I don't really know if I like how glossy everything looks.
Jan 12, 2017 10:55 AM

May 2015
I can already see through this paper-thin premise:

Guy wants to get revenge on girl BUT OH NO he realizes that circumstances have changed and now they both like each other because they are the two main leads of the show and they need to be in love because fuck natural progression of relationships.

Add in to that a seemingly large supporting cast of girls who seem to have no other purpose than to be there as harem dressing.

That's it folks. I hope I'm wrong. But this is easy-peasy, kill-me-pleasey forced romance.
Jan 12, 2017 11:31 AM

Jan 2012
I'm seriously disturbed by Makabe's mom xD what the hell!! A loli mom!
This seems interesting, I like the animation and the artwork is cute
The music helps a lot with the situations, like the serious or funny moments
I just hoooopeee this doesn't turn out to be an annoying ecchi harem, but I'll try watching this till the end!
Jan 12, 2017 1:18 PM

Jul 2014
Female cunt #6521 bosses around male cuck #45,678,855,999

Welcome to Japan, land of dying humans
Jan 13, 2017 12:25 AM

Oct 2008
I'm definitely following this show!
So, Masamune's initial plan is to let Adagaki fall in-love with him and then suddenly dump her in the most terrible way as a form of revenge to her back when he's fat on childhood days.
OK seems legit...will see this through, but I doubt everything would turn-out fine.
5/5.

Jan 13, 2017 6:43 AM

Nov 2011
As a start, verging on superficiality, as to be cloying. The narrative has nothing innovative, indeed, it reflects the many clichés that are from time to time seen in similar souls. However, it is strangely amusing. Quality of the drawings and animations, really to the limit of sufficiency. On the positive side, there is the soundtrack, beautiful and catchy. The ending, I like very much, a little less than the opening.

bastek66 said:
AnimeCruiser said:
It just released today and it's already ranked 61. Nice!

That realy only means that MAL's system is flawed and idiots are rating too fast.

I had always asked this question, now I know why.
Jan 13, 2017 4:01 PM
Jan 2016
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm pretty much what I had expected so far. We got introduction of the main character including Masamune with his popularity. Aki enters the story in her style.

Animation looks good in terms of quality although the OP song seems to have a lot of fan service and is pretty damn generic. Masamune's voice is how I pretty much imagined as well as his personality, same with Aki. Heh.
I like it, is what I expected and more the personality of Masamune when he saw Aki and the story behind when she calle'm piggy, the animation is good, it could be better but I like it now time to wait to next week

[profile=TevMxx]TevMxx[/profile]
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2017

225 by Treyv0n »»
Jun 3, 9:31 PM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2017

218 by Lkunnnss »»
Apr 22, 2:50 AM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

371 by Fleicher »»
Apr 18, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2017

145 by Cheese_Enjoyer07 »»
Jan 2, 5:02 PM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

235 by kirA_-_ »»
Dec 27, 2023 2:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.