Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (54) « First ... « 51 52 [53] 54 »
Oct 15, 2023 8:18 PM
Oct 2023
This is the best first episode in the history of anime first episodes.
Oct 16, 2023 9:58 AM
Oct 2023
NOOOOO AIIIIIIIII NOOOOOO. Sadge
Oct 23, 2023 3:32 PM

Aug 2013
That first episode was better than some movies!
Oct 27, 2023 3:11 PM
Aug 2016
I really liked that movie. Sad that this doesnt keep going
Oct 29, 2023 2:57 PM
Dec 2018
Incredible. Just, incredible. Amazing adaptation, story and source of motivation and inspirtation. I feel like I have the answers to so many questions I didn't even knew I had. Thank you for making such a masterpiece.
Nov 3, 2023 12:32 AM

Mar 2012
i haven't looked up much about this show before watching this episode and i'm glad because this wasn't what i was expecting and i really liked it.
all i knew was that it was about idols and that it got dark, but i didn't know it would be like that from the start. i was expecting something lighter.
i loved ai and her seiyuu was so good. she's such a sweetheart. the episode makes it really easy to care for her in such a short time. that's good storytelling.
and i was a bit worried at the beginning with the doctor. the conversation with the nurse summed it up really well. "so, are you a lolicon?"
this could have gone south easily, actually, with him reincarnating as her child. the breastfeeding little jokes... but i think it ended up being very well done. we're teased by the jokes, but it doesn't get creepy. and i was expecting it to get creepy since this is japan and well, idol culture, grown men...

all in all, making this almost a movie was a good decision. it's a solid prologue thay could actually be ended right there. reminded me a bit of perfectly blue because of the theme, obviously. but that last scene of ai, where the stars in her eyes fade, that shit was so touching...
i can't help but be worried about what comes next. it won't be easy to keep it this engaging and nicely written, but this show already got me.
Nov 4, 2023 6:15 PM
Nov 2023
It was so gripping, it tore me up. I really enjoyed the ups and downs.
Nov 5, 2023 12:19 AM

Jan 2023
Finally watched the first ep and sure, it was great, but I'm a bit disappointed that the show is going to turn into a who-done-it type of revenge/detective story.

Anyway, hope it won't take the two much longer to reveal their previous identities to each other. Honestly, it should have happened before the end of this episode.
Nov 5, 2023 6:07 PM
Jul 2023
Absolutely fantastic from start to finish, Ai :( Opening is a freaking BANGER AND A HALF
Nov 7, 2023 12:12 AM
Jun 2019
Revisiting discussion to say this episode BANGED (in a good way) but then the rest start getting mediocre... but this episode was pretty neat
Nov 9, 2023 4:56 AM

Nov 2023
Damn, The last scene really hits like a tank, all the story drama and plot really perfectly orchestrated the last scene. 100/10
Nov 9, 2023 8:36 PM
Mar 2021
10/10 episode. It was a movie, a roller coaster of emotions. And a good insight and portrayal of the cruel side of showbiz, specifically idols. I feel like this could have been a movie on all its own. The rest of the show will be the icing on top of this wonderful and delicious cake that is "Oshi no Ko."
Nov 13, 2023 11:25 AM
Apr 2023
A really sweet and sad special episode. An hour and 20 minute long episode with a lot of information, but it was amazing. Weird twists like the reincarnation thing but really sweet how much they cared about Ai, and to me very shocking ending. Did not expect to be this emotional and caring about these characters within 1 episode. Really well done.
Nov 16, 2023 4:09 AM
Jul 2017
this is a rollercoaster in a bad way, but the ending got you hooked because this turns into a murder mystery LOL lets see where it goes tbh
Nov 18, 2023 7:42 PM

Jun 2015
Unexpected. I'm not a Idol guy but man this first episode is just a masterclass. My only spoil (the start of a YT video) is the story up to the male MC being murdered, my curiosity was hooked...
Then another out of the book part : a 80 min first episode, and that's been a while since a first hour of a serie got my by the guts like this.

Now i guess i'm gonna wait to see the end of that YT video.
Nov 19, 2023 9:07 PM
May 2018
The animation quality is great. The plot is a fever dream. The episode is long af. Was not prepared for multiple instances of depression on the first episode.
Nov 27, 2023 2:25 PM
Nov 2023
its an hour long intro to Oshi No Ko (My Star)
Nov 30, 2023 5:49 PM

Jan 2010
I just watched the first episode of Oshi no Ko. If you told me that was a standalone film, I would have believe you. I always liked Monogatari's Kaiki's line about fakes being more real than the real thing, as in their attempt to trying to be real, they end up being more authentic in their earnest attempts to be real. I kept thinking back to that line throughout the episode. Also, I can now see why a certain other idol-related film was always brought up whenever I saw Oshi no Ko mentioned.

I think the thing I'm most mad about is how I was spoiled for the big twist towards the end of the first episode by, well, just about everything. I was spoiled through JP twitter of all things when it was first blowing up, I was spoiled through Rieri's birthday announcements in comments sections, I was spoiled on Hu Tao Halloween art again in comments sections, and I was spoiled through general people I knew IRL who offhandedly mentioned, well, things in general. Nonetheless, I'm sure as hell engrossed.
Dec 11, 2023 10:42 AM
Dec 2023
Mindblowing, 5 star movie honestly.
Dec 12, 2023 8:25 PM
Jan 2021
Pretty good episode, I have high hopes for the rest of the series.
Some scenes are missing from the first volume of the manga, though.
Dec 14, 2023 8:56 PM
Jun 2021
So catching, I loved it, almost cried :D
Dec 22, 2023 4:00 AM
Sep 2023
every moment was Impressive...
Dec 23, 2023 8:02 AM
Dec 2023
Ai is the superior idol
Dec 28, 2023 8:01 PM
Feb 2021
holy shit... somehow I didn't see that coming... I shouldn't be surprised... fuck that hurt
Dec 29, 2023 1:44 AM
Dec 2023
This anime:
16yo gets pregnant and goes to a pedophile doctor
She then dies
Someone goes isekai mode idk who
Some blonde kid manipulates women
Dec 29, 2023 6:28 PM
Apr 2019
perfect idk how its not 10.00 !.!
Dec 30, 2023 11:47 AM
Dec 2023
it was kinda cringe
Dec 30, 2023 6:57 PM
Dec 2023
Comencé este anime sin saber de qué se trataba siquiera. El primer capítulo resultó ser totalmente distinto a lo que imaginaba. Pensé que iba a ser una historia superficial sobre el mundo de las idols con un poco de comedia, pero terminé encontrándome con algo diferente. La reencarnación del protagonista y la muerte de Ai, dejando un misterio abierto por resolver, me dejaron totalmente satisfecho con lo que vi y con una gran intriga por los próximos capítulos. Es probable que al terminar esta temporada empiece a leer el manga, ya que este primer capítulo me ha enganchado totalmente. Tengo muchas expectativas para esta temporada. Un excelente trabajo, 10/10
Mirando anime hasta que no me alcancen los puchos
Dec 30, 2023 7:01 PM
Dec 2023
I started this anime without even knowing what it was about. The first chapter turned out to be totally different from what I imagined. I thought it was going to be a superficial story about the world of idols with a little comedy, but I ended up finding something different. The reincarnation of the protagonist and the death of Ai, leaving an open mystery to be solved, left me totally satisfied with what I saw and with great intrigue for the next chapters. It is likely that at the end of this season I will start reading the manga, since this first chapter has me totally hooked. I have high expectations for this season. Excellent work, 10/10
Mirando anime hasta que no me alcancen los puchos
Dec 30, 2023 7:51 PM
Dec 2023
oshi no mid. sorry not sorry
Jan 1, 4:30 AM
Dec 2023
it was great but the ending was bloody depressing
Jan 1, 9:06 AM
Jan 2022
It's perfect that it seems all super happy when suddenly ai dies and aqua starts planning a revenge while ruby thinks she has to do what her mom expected of her as she said their family abandoned her
Jan 1, 6:15 PM
Jan 2024
When I first saw it, I was especially shocked.
At first I thought it was a girl's manga about female idols,
As for the last part, it was especially shocking when Ai and Goro died.
But what happens next is interesting! !
Jan 3, 3:16 PM
Jan 2024
One of the greatest first anime episodes in history.
javihdezlesJan 3, 8:32 PM
Jan 4, 9:46 AM
Jan 2024
long but its a prologue
Jan 5, 12:42 PM
Nov 2019
The perfect first episode.
Jan 8, 9:00 PM
Sep 2021
absolute MASTERPICE
Jan 8, 9:01 PM
Jan 2024
It was literally a movie
Jan 9, 5:15 AM
Jan 2024
worth watching this episode even tho it takes 80 minutes to finnish it

plus it is very accurate with the manga except with the fact that there are some stuff they didn't put in the anime
Jan 10, 10:55 PM

Mar 2022
Beautiful just straight up perfection at first I was whaaaa??? 1 hour first episode but after finshing it im glad I sticked with it, This is probably the most emotion I had with a episode(even tho its kinda a movie). In 1 hour time its hard to get urself to like the characters sometimes you may even dislike them but "Oshi no Ko" did a perfect job on their writing. The animation was also nice to see some parts it looked like it was a shounen fighting anime just cause it was that good. Top 3 episodes I seen in my life it may even be 1.
Jan 14, 8:20 AM
Apr 2022
It was great, I didnt thought that this anime would be so deep
Jan 19, 2:44 AM
Nov 2023
This is maybe the greatest first episode of all time.
Jan 20, 6:21 AM

Apr 2013
So finally I'll find out what all the fuzz back was about. I have to say I have mixed feelings about this episode.

First of all I'm not really a fan of that whole idol stuff, so most of this episode was rather mediocre to me, it wasn't as bad as in other shows though. The babies just talking and the manager's wife not really thinking much about it was weird at the very least.

When Ai died I wasn't sure if I like that development, but I also wasn't attached enough to her to care that much about it. At that point I thought this show isn't really for me. But then it turned into a revenge story, which might actually make things more interesting.

So I guess this long first episode was basically just the backstory to the real story which is starting now, so I'm not sure if I'll like this show or not. It has potential though, so hopefully it will deliver.
Jan 24, 8:18 PM

Apr 2008
And I am crying...the ending was tugging on the old heartstring. I was just expecting this to be some idol anime that I was going to end up dropping but it😭. This is why I try watching a lot of different series even though I know I might not like them because then I would end up missing series like this.
SevenJan 25, 6:44 PM
Jan 30, 2:07 PM

Nov 2010
Something struck me as odd:

This dude in the funeral had his eyes closed, but as Aqua started talking about DNA testing to find out who his father is, this guy opened his eyes for no reason. He's the only character who did this in the scene. Also, notice the guy behind him is looking at him with a worried look. Why?

It is suspicious, so I'm calling that that's Aqua's father and Ai's ultimate murderer.
KelvetsJan 30, 6:52 PM
Feb 1, 4:10 AM

Jan 2018
As touching and sad the ending was, in the back of my head, I couldn't stop thinking and giggling a bit, "The boy is a doctor though" surely he can save his mom, because he loves her so much and wants to protect her... yeah well, doubt thats gonna happen... he even knew the exact organ she got stabbed in but didn't do anything to try to save her. I'll continue to watch the anime and enjoyed the first episode, I just like to entertain myself wondering what other outcomes could be and the boy saving his mom was definitely quite possible. Unless the writers were bigger brain than me, and the doctor pointing out the organ she got stabbed in was implying that she definitely could not be saved because it was that organ, and thus the doctor knew it was hopeless.
Feb 2, 12:48 AM

Apr 2012

So to my new friends welcome, we have cookies and warmhearted feel-good recs if you need!
Nai wa~
Feb 2, 8:59 PM
Sep 2023
hi i liked it very much
Feb 9, 7:30 PM
Jun 2022
amazing first episode but the rest was trash
Feb 20, 4:05 PM
Dec 2023
Very good twists and stuff idk

look to whoevers reading this buy me a baguette
Pages (54) « First ... « 51 52 [53] 54 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Jun 28, 2023

681 by mrhecker07_ »»
5 hours ago

» Any reason why Idol became overwhelmingly popular? ( 1 2 )

Mattenan - May 31

58 by Owlblocks »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Jun 21, 2023

293 by WomanRespector »»
Jun 4, 6:04 PM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2023

397 by WomanRespector »»
Jun 4, 5:15 PM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2023

468 by WomanRespector »»
Jun 4, 5:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.