Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
Oct 12, 2013 12:40 PM

Aug 2013
That ending got me suspicious, is there a 2 season? I hope so
I liked this anime, it was different from all that i´ve seen
Oct 12, 2013 11:05 PM
Sep 2013
I was unsatissfied with this series! I really really love the art, story, music, etc! But I mean, wasn't the whole story suppose to be on Ai saving the whole world? Not just Alice's... Then there was this troll ending where Alice is alive?! I'm actually happy about that but confused argue same time. I want this series to continue!!! I'm sad that it ended (╥﹏╥)
Oct 13, 2013 9:13 AM

Apr 2011
The ending was confusing, but good thing that Dee and Alice are alive. Ai got her wish granted to save him.

The ending is just beautiful. I love it. The best ending of summer season. And the ending them is one of the best I listen to for summer. 9/10
MagitoOct 13, 2013 6:41 PM
Oct 13, 2013 4:03 PM

Jul 2013
Now this was a AWESOME ending... going into episode 11 i was considering it a okay show, 7 or 8, grade speaking... but holy shit what a enidng... tottaly give me the feels man, and honestly if someone not liked it, i am sorry to tell you this but you, sir, HAVE NO SOUL
Oct 16, 2013 3:43 AM

Feb 2012
Not a bad ending, yet this anime was somehow confusing and I didn't grow to like the characters at all. I gave it 5/10, since a lot of questions stayed unanswered (at least to me). I really liked the animation and the OST, though.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
Oct 18, 2013 1:23 AM

Aug 2011
So, why did Alica have a body and Dee not?

Theory on TV Tropes: Because it's inverted. The ones alive don't have a body outside, and the one who's dead has.
issen-ken-takaOct 18, 2013 1:27 AM
Oct 22, 2013 2:37 AM
Jul 2018
Wow, great episode. That ending scenes where he's saying goodbye to everyone... man, that was sad. I teared up good. That ending though..... Gravekeeper powers? Wish powers? It would of been a bigger emotional impact if he had disappeared, but happy endings at all that....

Overall, I really liked this series. It wasn't what I was expecting, but it was still really good. I really hope this series is popular enough for another season, i'd love to see more of this world and these characters. Can't wait for episode 13.

Breakdown:
First Arc: 8/10
Ortus Arc: 10/10
Golla Arc+Gravekeeper Episode: 8/10
Final Arc: 10/10

+Very interesting concept, and well-executed story
+A memorable world explored by the characters
+Great characters
-A lot left unexplained
-Unfinished story

Final Rating......why can't I give 8.5/10 on this site? That would make my life easier. I'm gonna half to think about this for awhile, about whether I want to give it a 8 or a 9.
Oct 23, 2013 12:07 AM

Jun 2009
wat? how he alive?
Oct 24, 2013 11:11 AM

Sep 2011
What an intense last episode. It was actually Alice who died, that was a very good twist and it didn't even occur to me (that scene with Dee on the ground changing to Alice was fucking powerful).
God, that OST when Dee started a reset :O
That Dee+Alice and Ai+Alice scenes ;_;
I thought Alice coming back due to Ai making a wish was acceptable and it made sense.
Too bad there is no epilogue and no continuation of the story :(

This anime was a big surprise. I didn't expect it to touch on so many subjects and genres, and deliver them in such a great way. Every arc, even while they were very different, were wonderful in their own way (except the Goran academy, which was just 'okay'). All that travelling also gave me a Spice and Wolf feel.
Ai was a an amazing lead character, not even the least bit annoying and for me she didn't come out like "just a child with deep thoughts". She was very believeable imo.
The entirety of the cast was really good as well. Pretty much all of them were memorable. My favorite was of coruse Ai, but I really liked all of them.
The animation and the character design was of course superb. As was the OST (OP was 'okay', but the ED was pretty fucking good), I've already downloaded some of them (namely the ED, Blessing and Fate).
Of course I can't say that the anime was without flaws, because it had a lot of unexplained parts and some holes (instead of explaining earlier things, it introduced new ones). But the funny thing about that is that even the unexplained parts seemed perfectly believable. That's how much the magical world of the anime sucked me in :D

So yeah, even with it's flaws, the amount of enjoyment and emotions I had while watching the anime easily made me give it a 9/10, which means it's truly special in my eyes, though not yet a favorite.
I really hope they will make a second season once the novel ends. I heard it's gonna be 9 volumes and the anime ended at the 5th, so there might be hope for another 1-cour season. Until then, I might consider reading the novels (though not soon, since I'm not that much of a reader and there are a lot more novels/manga I should read already >_>)
RazielZeroOct 24, 2013 12:01 PM
Oct 24, 2013 9:54 PM

Sep 2011
Reminded me of Angel Beats ending. I thought the ending was done extremely well, UNTIL

KanPaTo said:
Wtf troll ending

This.
Nov 14, 2013 6:27 AM

Apr 2009
Anime was all right, really good at the start and then just went on a gradual down hill slope. Not as good as I expected from all the hype I've heard about it, that ending was ridiculous, showing Alice alive after all that, and with no explanation was pointless and completely disrupted any hope for a semi decent ending. Weighing up whether to give it a 6 or 7.

This anime had the perfect setup, it could really have been amazing. When an anime goes belly up much as this one did, it really makes you angry. This could have seriously been something special.
RydakoNov 15, 2013 1:11 AM
Nov 16, 2013 8:01 PM

Dec 2012
I really enjoyed this series. Ending wasn't as bad as I thought it was when I thought about it again. Cliffhangers leave some kind of spice but in this case it left spice and was kind of conclusive. The spice is really addicting so I really hope there is a sequel ( ≧Д≦).
Nov 17, 2013 12:33 AM

Aug 2011
Frankly, I'm pissed that they had to match Alice with Ai. Dee's feelings had a much better build up and Ai is friggin 12!!! Overall, the series switched tones way to fast. It was kinda schizophrenic.
Nov 17, 2013 12:11 PM

Jun 2008
This anime had a nice atmosphere but this is right
parfaited said:

Illogical relationships, sporadic motivations and decision making, characters that are hard to read...and that ending was utter shit.

I can live without continuous plot but when each arc is as messy/badly executed with its story telling to a point where nothing flows coherently then we've got problems.

I said this before but it feels like they've adapted this from a book that was missing half its pages.

It was also funny in the end of this episode how our main seemed to cry more about losing the guy than Dee who knew him all that time and was inlove with him. Sorry she be the main but she hardly had the relationship with him that Dee had and if one should be in such scene is not her. as about all the things not making sense, i believe they were mentioned by others.
Nov 27, 2013 10:10 PM

Apr 2010
I think the reason why dee seemed like the one who died was because she was a ghost when she went out but the logical reason (now that we know alice was the one who died) was that Dee was alive so she didn't have a physical body outside of the reset world while alice who was died had his body buried outside so he was able to materialize until he realized what really happened.
"Do not consider yourself deprived because your dreams were not fulfilled; the truly deprived have never dreams."
-Marie von Ebner
Nov 28, 2013 4:59 PM

Feb 2013
This anime was... awful. It had potential at first, I even gave it a 8/10 at the start, but the plot was /everywhere/. And the ending only made it more confusing.

6/10 overall, I'm only not giving this series a 5/10 because of the amazing ED track which I even downloaded (too much feels).
Nov 29, 2013 12:02 AM

Dec 2010
First I like to point out the dumbasses that says something like "Is that all?". The story has not ended for god sakes do some research at least find out if the novel is still continuing or not.

Without-a-do forgive my rudeness. I cannot give an anime a score if it's a cliff hanger. I really wish people can follow that criteria also. I do agree with this anime has a lot of flaws. The anime fails to explain some parts especially what's going on in each character's mind. Ai has a goal but she doesn't know how to achieve it...what's worse no one talks about HOW. This season is the adventure of how Ai helps each person's goals (AKA Side Story) but it kills the patience of the audience asking "When are we going back to the main story?" that is to save the world.

However, I did enjoy the mystique (mystery) of this anime. I'm not a fan of Loli but... puni puni <*o*>. There was some realism and philosophy in this anime as well surprisingly in a world that has a lower chance to exist than anime itself (sorry :P). I can't point out much pros so back to cons. The cliche in this anime needs to stop, yes I know how uneducated Ai is but I feel like I am watching some moral anime. Let's see I have a feeling if this anime continues on it should have some quality similar to of Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood to give it a better review.
diamondketoNov 29, 2013 12:13 AM
Dec 2, 2013 10:59 PM
Jul 2018
I will surely missed this anime. The story is interesting; wish it was longer though.
And oh. So Dee isn't the one who died but Alice but Ai saved him at the end. WHAAAT? HOOOW? I need an explanation of what happened. Anyways, the ending song is really nice.
Dec 10, 2013 11:09 PM

Apr 2011
Did he come back because she made it her wish to save him?
Dec 19, 2013 1:31 PM

Nov 2012
Im a little disappoint :/ while watching episode 3 too early to die Ai father :'( im determined to watch it until the end but the other arc are getting bored -.-
now im a little at the end.
Ai wish to save alice
dee and alice separate body
did ai wish granted?
there are too many need to explain XD
but i like ai from beginning until the end <3
all in all 7/10
You Got Anime with a Genre of Ecchi , Romance , Harem ? Cmon , Recommend that to me . Pleeeease? XD
Dec 24, 2013 7:48 AM

Oct 2012
Aw, the ending :(
I'm not rejecting it, but I'm not accepting it too.. Because it's too beautiful xD
Well, I'm a bit confused with the ending..
How did she save him?

I hope the episode 13, will really wrap it all :)
I'm not really satisfied with this kind of the epilogue

OriginANIME said:
Reminded me of Angel Beats ending. I thought the ending was done extremely well, UNTIL

KanPaTo said:
Wtf troll ending

This.

But.. AB!'s ending is so decent...
Well, you must imagine it.. In a straight forward path
But this.. too many split path for the ending
(Maybe, we must wait for the episode 13)
"Signature removed"
Dec 25, 2013 9:28 AM
May 2012
Ahahaha, I fucking knew it!!! Someone posted a spoiler in the episode 11 forum discussion about Alis Alice* being the dead one not Dee and I read it because the spoiler tag got me curious as always and then shit went in to my mind.

I'm starting to feel sad because Alice is going to die but I got this feeling that Ai will save Alice and then boom, it happened ahahaha.

Yeah, I know that this Anime have some plot holes but who cares, I really enjoyed watching this, it was awesome ^_^

The characters were awesome, the art was beautiful and the music is really good especially the ending song, I really like it :))

I really enjoyed watching this Anime so I hope that it will have a season 2!!!!!

Thank you and Merry Christmas to everyone again :D
Dec 26, 2013 1:16 AM

Mar 2012
Guess I'm a lone on this one as well, but I really think bringing him back alive killed it. It just doesn't flow with what the anime was projecting as a whole at all, otherwise I'm sure her father would have somehow come back to life mysteriously too...it just doesn't fit the script to me.
Monad said:
This anime had a nice atmosphere but this is right
parfaited said:

Illogical relationships, sporadic motivations and decision making, characters that are hard to read...and that ending was utter shit.

I can live without continuous plot but when each arc is as messy/badly executed with its story telling to a point where nothing flows coherently then we've got problems.

I said this before but it feels like they've adapted this from a book that was missing half its pages.

It was also funny in the end of this episode how our main seemed to cry more about losing the guy than Dee who knew him all that time and was inlove with him. Sorry she be the main but she hardly had the relationship with him that Dee had and if one should be in such scene is not her. as about all the things not making sense, i believe they were mentioned by others.

As far as Dee is concerned, eh, Ai saw a side of Alice that Dee couldn't possibly have seen. I think most people think that the end signifies a love interest, but I think it's been almost verbally said many times, she wants to save people, I think in the end, she's his savior, nothing more, this fits her personality more than being his "lover" would.

The anime was pretty decent, characters eh, plot line amazing, think I can forgive this one for having no likeable characters for me. so 8/10...I get the feeling that as far as sequel adaptions goes, probably an OVA but I highly doubt a complete second season...but I could be wrong.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Dec 28, 2013 8:09 PM

Oct 2013
eminagnam said:
I'm confused.

Dee was not dead?? It was all due to his misunderstanding? lol Then why was she a ghost outside the area before?? If my memory is not faulty, I think she was even floating in the air in previous arc.

Also why did Scar not notice Alice was dead?? I think Scar had said in previous episode she could differentiate the dead from living people by their scent.

It was unbelievable that Ai lifted Alice and Dee. I bet the creator is male. It was unconvincing a little girl was so powerful. (BTW It's Alice, not Alis, according to his name on the tombstone.)

Ai revived Alice at the end? Is he a fully living man now? Or is he like people of the city of the dead? I thought Ai wanted to save the world. But she ended up saving Alice. Did she give up the desire?

I think this arc messed up the entire series in the end. What a finale!

It is true that the whole show was confusing, but that's what makes its charm.

-Dee never died. It was Alice who died, while saving Dee. I don't have an explanation for the ghost stuff though. Maybe it was just an effect of switching wolrds? I don't know

-I believe Scar couldn't notice Alice was dead, because his death was "imprisoned" into that fake world. Also, because of the wish of the class, and since the wolrd was looping again and again, his death was "canceled" I guess. Meaning he couldn't be noticed as dead.

-Ai didn't lift Alice and Dee alone. She just caught Alice's legs, while the whole class caught Ai and pulled everyone up.

-I doubt Ai abandoned her wish of saving the world. She just used it to save and revive Alice, because of the whole drama that was happening. For the rest (undead or alive?, what's happening next?), we'll have to wait for a possible 2nd season.
Dec 30, 2013 1:07 PM

Apr 2011
Wow ... that ending threw me for a loop. First Alice turns out to be the dead one, not Dee (though we get zero explanation for why Dee is incorporeal, and Alice isn't), then somehow Ai uses her Main Character Power to bring Alice back to life. How on Earth she does this is never explained, of course. Maybe gravekeepers, in addition to being the only ones who can seal away the dead, also have the ability to resurrect them?

It was an interesting concept for an anime, and I did kinda enjoy it, but so little makes sense in this show. Now I remember why I lost interest the last two episodes and it took me this long to finish. And the end arc is a rather unsatisfying finish to the series, since it resolves pretty much nothing in the larger storyline.

7/10, I'll probably watch an OVA or second season if only to figure out what the Hell is going on, and hopefully see some kind of resolution to why God disappeared.
Jan 1, 2014 10:20 AM

Mar 2012
I'll assume that God decided to throw Ai a bone and bring Alice back like how Hampnie was able to die in the first arc. Another literal Deus ex Machina really. Other than that, this anime as a whole was okay, minus the school arc.
Jan 1, 2014 1:56 PM

Dec 2013
this anime had tons of potential to be an all time classic but unfortunately the anime feels incomplete. The uniqueness of the Nichiyoubi universe was what captivated me the most. There were many things left unexplained; about how the Nichiyoubi universe works. Most of these arcs (even the better ones) suffer from this. The atmosphere of show and the OST was perfect. The characters were meh. Despite the glaring flaws of the show, I enjoyed it a lot.

7/10
Combating against hoax MAL accounts and intentional down voting of objectively great anime. Pls join
Jan 2, 2014 1:24 AM
May 2009
I haven't written in these forums for any anime, but I felt like I should share my opinions on this (maybe to cloud some doubt for the people in the future that'll come here a bit confused). I haven't read the light novels, but I think I could make sense of everything myself. I mean, with a little bit of thinking, there doesn't seem to be any plot holes.

I really enjoyed how the anime looked at the world after God seemed to "abandon" it. Since it was about Alice's "journey", they gave an insight to the world through the different stories that were told. You guys also have to realize that the protagonist is a 12 year old girl who was suddenly thrust into this strange world after coming to a realization that her only world was a lie. She is still a growing girl, and as such, has a natural curiosity and somewhat stubborn sense of ideals (as most young people do). It's this drive that seems to cause a lot of conflicts, and maybe can be the source of a lot of people's hate for the character.

As for the last arc, it was probably my most favorite. With the whole idea that Dee wasn't the one that was dead kind of blew my mind, and after thinking a little, it just meant that Dee's physical body was still trapped inside the fake world. After all, the other students didn't try to escape, so we can assume that the same would have happened to them. Alice had a real body because he was in fact supposed to be dead in the real world, but in the fantasy world too, he was just a manifestation of everyone's feelings. He had always been able to escape into the real world with a real body, so all the MC had to do was pull him out just as she was about to leave.

And as a final tidbit, LOVED the music and the art. I do hope they make a sequel in the future, but if not, I'm still satisfied with how this whole anime progressed. Since my ratings are usually high, I'll just say that I ultimately enjoyed every last bit of this anime.
RicecookerJan 2, 2014 1:27 AM
Jan 2, 2014 1:46 AM

Nov 2012
D5 said:
I still cannot comprehend why Ai's father eventually became mortal...

Kizuna's death also bothered me at first and so, I re-watched the last scene of his arc.

"My wish is to live happily and die happily"
so, that's why i just thought, meeting his beloved daughter and mourn for his death is the reason why he completely died--his wish has been granted.
Jan 3, 2014 9:46 AM

Mar 2012
Because of the Ending.. I personally give it 10/10/... now I laud for season 2!!!!

"The End Justifies The Means"
-Niccolo Machiavelli
Jan 8, 2014 9:06 PM

Nov 2010
without a next season 8/10 (get the same feeling i got with angel beats in a way...)

it just sudenly stopped :( i hate these kind of endings! and i have no fricking idea how i should rate it? i want to rate based on how the story got to me and how nice it was but this is "far" from finished!
Jan 9, 2014 10:06 AM

Sep 2012
meh was an okay series, just glad its over,

DEFINITELY will be taking the OP & ED with me
Jan 15, 2014 4:35 AM

Aug 2013
First arc was the best imo.

Many things were left unexplained. I was browsing the comments and someone actually said it's what actually makes it charming. What? >___<

I like how the world felt mysterious, abandoned. Seems like it rubbed off on the narrative. A lot of mysteries were left. And to answer that, it resorts to "for some reason X happened."

So I guess if you wish hard for something to happen, it really will happen.

*scratches head*
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jan 24, 2014 7:49 PM

Mar 2013
waterflame said:
Damn, this anime had so much potential... And now, with this rushed and unexplained(and obviously badly executed Anime Original) ending...

+1
KanPaTo said:
Wtf troll ending

+1
Jan 30, 2014 6:58 PM

Apr 2011
I really liked this anime and don't quite understand all the confusion about certain points of this show.

For example, Hampnie was only immortal because God decided to grant his wish of dying happily and leaving someone behind. If he had been killed before that, his wish wouldn't hof ave been fulfilled, hence why he was always brought back to life. It becomes quite evident that God hasn't abondaned the world, but changed how certain things work (death, birth) while deciding to grant people's wishes if they are strong enough. It's also stated in the second episode or something that God never actually spoke to the world, but that God abandoning them was just the common interpretation of the world's inhabitants. It seems Hampnie had a pretty good idea of what was going on.

Alice being alive in the end also makes perfect sense. I mean, we saw him alive through like half the series, even though his original body was buried somewhere in the real world, so if he just leaves the 3-4 world with everyone else that shouldn't be a problem. The world collapsed because his classmates didn't wish for the reset anymore and instead left for the real world, but the new Alice was already created and wasn't just a part of the fake world.

Dee being ghostly is the only thing that was kind of weird to me, but I expect if any other single classmate had entered the real world, they would've been the same. Maybe something like they couldn't fully escape the world they wished for while it was still intact.

Of course, most of this is just my interpretation, seeing as this is based on a fantasy world, but I think there are enough indicators for these theories to be legit.
Feb 4, 2014 6:28 AM

Sep 2013
Ok anime i suppose, loved the OST but the lack in story can't make up for it.

Started going downhill for me in the school arc, i mean they escaped from the 'detention center' a bit too easily for somewhere they're meant to be imprisoned, just climb through some sewers, up a ladder, and we're suddenly outside!

I guess they all forgot the state the real world was in to help out this fake world.

Julie just replacing his dead wife and daughter with Scar/baby, that's bound to have some psychological side effects in the future.

Meh 5/10, hard to believe some people actually gave this a perfect 10/10.
LusboxFeb 4, 2014 4:22 PM
Feb 5, 2014 7:28 PM

Apr 2011
The ending was a nice trolll lol. Alice should stay dead and not be alive again. :(
I still don't get why Ai's father died and couldn't come back a live like Alice. :(
Feb 8, 2014 6:42 PM

Jul 2013
Over and over again people are commenting on how Hampnie died and how Alis had a body in the real world whereas Dee didn't. Both of these were explained in the anime.
The whole anime was based off human wishes and how God was granting them if they willed it hard enough, the concept which only a select few understood and the others believed that God abandoned them.

Hampnie wishes that when he died he would die with a smile while leaving someone who would grieve for him and remember him. His wish was granted because of Ai so he was ridden of being an immortal (technically he wouldn't even have been an immortal, he just couldn't die till his wish was granted).

The class of 3/4 wished for things to be the same as before the 'accident' happened so they become trapped in an infinitely repeating year. Alis died and was burried in the real world so his body exists there, giving him his non-ghostly form. Whereas the whole of class 3/4 no longer exist in the real world, their bodies are bound to the fake world so when they come out into the real world, they become ghosts.

I like this anime a lot, even though it's been a long time since I've seen it. I look forward to rewatching it but it kinda gets ruined when you have to explain the plot.
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!
- Doflamingo
Feb 10, 2014 5:48 AM

Aug 2013
This was the biggest troll ending I've ever experienced..
The feels very going to climax and the heck his standing next to Ai ?! LOL

Anyway.. great series.. a really great adaption..
I like the illustrator's art.. how Alice end up being the one who died instead of Dee was amazing.
Spectacular.. but why did Dee had to turn into a ***** like that. hahaha.
If she stayed a pure happy go lucky girl.. I'd fall for her. :P
Feb 13, 2014 10:24 AM

Jun 2013

This is comparable to oreimo's ending

edit:yeah if someone can teach me how to bbcode that properly , very much appreciated
39Feb 13, 2014 10:52 AM
Feb 17, 2014 11:51 PM

Jun 2013
Rewatched this for like the 5th time and i'm still crying my eyes out (i'm weird)

NONETHELESS, THE ENDING WAS BEAUTIFULLLLLLL. Ai got her wish granted, which was, " to save Alice and his world ". Which is why, Alice is alive in the real world now, by her side. :p

This needs a second season
pyreholocaustFeb 17, 2014 11:56 PM
Feb 21, 2014 4:16 AM
Nov 2013
An enjoyable series if you can look past its many flaws, which i can. The world was really the best part of the series, and I wish they would have focused on it more. The first two arcs were good enough for the series to be 8/10, but it went downhill from there. Goran Academy took away the interesting setting that was the best part of the show, and just generally wasn't that good, and this last arc would have been fine if they would have explained what happened properly, but they didn't. After reading some info about what happened in the LNs i understand it, but that shouldn't be necessary. I also found Dee to be a pretty selfish character that i didn't feel much sympathy for.

7/10 overall, nothing great, and i probably wouldn't watch it again, but it was enjoyable enough while it lasted. The first two arcs were definitely the high point.

anime-cat said:
Over and over again people are commenting on how Hampnie died and how Alis had a body in the real world whereas Dee didn't. Both of these were explained in the anime.
The whole anime was based off human wishes and how God was granting them if they willed it hard enough, the concept which only a select few understood and the others believed that God abandoned them.

Hampnie wishes that when he died he would die with a smile while leaving someone who would grieve for him and remember him. His wish was granted because of Ai so he was ridden of being an immortal (technically he wouldn't even have been an immortal, he just couldn't die till his wish was granted).

The class of 3/4 wished for things to be the same as before the 'accident' happened so they become trapped in an infinitely repeating year. Alis died and was burried in the real world so his body exists there, giving him his non-ghostly form. Whereas the whole of class 3/4 no longer exist in the real world, their bodies are bound to the fake world so when they come out into the real world, they become ghosts.

EDIT: This^ is a good explanation, helped clarify some of the things i had forgotten (like Hampnie's explanation of wishes) that really help to explain the ending.

The TL;DR of it is: God has not abandoned this world. He does grant wishes to those who will for it hard enough. Hampnie had his wish of dying with a twinge of regret and someone who would remember him, the Class of 3/4 got their wish of an eternity of happy school life, and Ai got her wish of saving Alis.
SatanicBeaverFeb 21, 2014 4:27 AM
Feb 26, 2014 2:41 AM

Mar 2013
9/10 for me that effects that fantasy that reference hmmm i never expect ai to save alis from the end but i was wondering if he`s still a dead person or a fully alive`d human being. Well i`m hoping for a season 2 of this anime i need more btw...
Feb 27, 2014 11:16 AM

Jan 2014
What an beautiful serie, everthing from the art-design, sound and story. Def a 8/10 from me.
Mar 6, 2014 4:22 PM
Mar 2014
I came back to this after mad long and made an account to tell you people how retarded you were and how horribly you misunderstood the ending of the anime....

Except for anime-cat, they actually understood something.
clobbleMar 6, 2014 4:25 PM
Mar 14, 2014 8:39 AM

Jan 2012
this is what I call an ending done right

first 11 Ep were huge snorefest though... but not as bad as I thought

7/10
Mar 15, 2014 11:12 PM

Dec 2013
I felt the series was good but considering how it was rushed it was (I could feel the quick pace after the first episode), I feel like it could've been better. It was very good overall and it got me wanting to read the manga so It was definitely a surprising story that I didnt want to end. 9/10
Examining one series under the magnifying glass at a time.
Mar 20, 2014 4:15 PM

May 2011
Wow... this last episode was just amazing. Haven't had an ep that touched me this much in a long time. Seeing the scenes where everybody started crying for Alice and where Ai was begging to save him got me completely teared up and emotional. And the beautiful soundtracks + ED that were playing behind it made it even better. I was so happy to see Alice in the outside world as well. Great finale. And although I would love to see this continue into another season, it's probably not gonna happen.
Mar 27, 2014 2:40 AM

Jun 2009
SatanicBeaver said:
An enjoyable series if you can look past its many flaws, which i can. The world was really the best part of the series, and I wish they would have focused on it more. The first two arcs were good enough for the series to be 8/10, but it went downhill from there. Goran Academy took away the interesting setting that was the best part of the show, and just generally wasn't that good, and this last arc would have been fine if they would have explained what happened properly, but they didn't. After reading some info about what happened in the LNs i understand it, but that shouldn't be necessary. I also found Dee to be a pretty selfish character that i didn't feel much sympathy for.

7/10 overall, nothing great, and i probably wouldn't watch it again, but it was enjoyable enough while it lasted. The first two arcs were definitely the high point.

anime-cat said:

EDIT: This^ is a good explanation, helped clarify some of the things i had forgotten (like Hampnie's explanation of wishes) that really help to explain the ending.

The TL;DR of it is: God has not abandoned this world. He does grant wishes to those who will for it hard enough. Hampnie had his wish of dying with a twinge of regret and someone who would remember him, the Class of 3/4 got their wish of an eternity of happy school life, and Ai got her wish of saving Alis.

Plot twist - It was the wish made by Class 3/4 that caused the cycle of life to stop.
Apr 9, 2014 1:50 AM

Mar 2013
i only read the first three pages but i was incredibly surprised at the amount of people that couldnt process the ending and think outside the box. now i see why this show has a lower rating. i loved this show, it was beautiful and sad.
i guess people really have to be hand held to understand things or try to interpret endings for themselves... and for the douchenozzles saying "rushed anime original ending" umm no, how bout doing some research before hitting that enter button. ending was faithfully adapted, it just didnt explain everything in specific detail.

MAL is making me bitter.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2013

108 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 3:45 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

98 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 3:07 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

114 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 2:07 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

107 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 12:06 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2013

123 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 11:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.