Forum Settings
Forums

Football (Soccer) thread of the season 2012-13

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (11) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Apr 30, 2013 5:34 AM

Apr 2013
johnyjohny said:
yhunata said:
So, the first return leg tonight. Anyone think Madrid can overturn the deficit? It's possible, three goals isn't much, after all. The only problem is, their opponents are Dortmund. It's gonna be difficult, but Madrid could just make it, if they start with Cassillas and Kaka that is. I'd like to see Ronaldo score at least two, maybe a hat-trick, just to piss off my Barca loving friend.
Well every thing is possible in soccer. IFthey have the support and of course lots of luck it is not impossible. Barca is out though.

Ya.. no hope for Barca, I was shell shocked when I saw what happened but just cause Real managed to score one goal doesn't give them more hope. It's gonna be an all German final, and if there's any justice Bayern will win.
Apr 30, 2013 5:36 AM

Apr 2011
SlothNamakemono said:
johnyjohny said:
yhunata said:
So, the first return leg tonight. Anyone think Madrid can overturn the deficit? It's possible, three goals isn't much, after all. The only problem is, their opponents are Dortmund. It's gonna be difficult, but Madrid could just make it, if they start with Cassillas and Kaka that is. I'd like to see Ronaldo score at least two, maybe a hat-trick, just to piss off my Barca loving friend.
Well every thing is possible in soccer. IFthey have the support and of course lots of luck it is not impossible. Barca is out though.

Ya.. no hope for Barca, I was shell shocked when I saw what happened but just cause Real managed to score one goal doesn't give them more hope. It's gonna be an all German final, and if there's any justice Bayern will win.

As I said, their away goal advantage gives them a slightly better chance than Barca, but against Dortmund, it's gonna be tough to hold on to that advantage.
Apr 30, 2013 9:09 AM

Apr 2013
Funny stuff right there :p

Like a lot of people i don't think Real will be back, Dortmund is at ease when they can counterattack. Real will for sure have ball's possession and with a player like Reus for example, it can be quick for Dortmund.
Apr 30, 2013 9:20 AM

Apr 2011
Hyuuga__Neji said:
Funny stuff right there :p

Like a lot of people i don't think Real will be back, Dortmund is at ease when they can counterattack. Real will for sure have ball's possession and with a player like Reus for example, it can be quick for Dortmund.

That's what I thought until Lewandowski raped them last week.
Apr 30, 2013 9:24 AM

Dec 2012
A barca free final , how awesome is that :3 ? I actually hoped it will be a Real vs Bayren final :/.
Apr 30, 2013 9:26 AM

Apr 2011
tsudecimo said:
A barca free final , how awesome is that :3 ? I actually hoped it will be a Real vs Bayren final :/.

Chelsea vs Bayern, 2011/2012. Did you forget already?
Apr 30, 2013 9:29 AM

Dec 2012
yhunata said:
tsudecimo said:

Chelsea vs Bayern, 2011/2012. Did you forget already?

Well I stopped watching football for 2 years now haha , but I used to hate barca with a passion so the 4-0 news reached me .
Apr 30, 2013 9:49 AM

Apr 2013
Like tsude, i'm happy that Barça will not be in final again (but me, i remember the last final :p)

It's not because Barça is winning too much but i don't like their playing style, keeping the ball for a while and finishing the offensive move by short and quick passes in a restricted area, it can be beautiful but it's not what i like. I prefer Bayern or Juventus' style. Bayern uses wings a lot with a quick tempo, Juve has a great back three and a great deep lying midfielder, Pirlo obviously, it results to a various playing style : short and long passes (Pirlo & Bonucci) and there is also a up tempo so i enjoy it when i see them playing.
Apr 30, 2013 12:03 PM

Jun 2009
If Dortmund makes it through this first half without conceding a goal, I'd say they are pretty much through.
Apr 30, 2013 12:33 PM

Apr 2011
Damn, Madrid should've played like that last week. Wouldn't have killed the scoreline. But seriously, how the hell did they not score?
Apr 30, 2013 12:34 PM

May 2012
How has Ramos not got a yellow yet /:
If he keeps this up he better get one.
Apr 30, 2013 12:37 PM

Apr 2011
So, any predictions for the second half? Can Madrid score 3? Can they keep out Dortmund? Can Ronaldo make history? For the last two, I'll say yes. For the first, I think they should've scored at least one of those sitters in the opening 20 minutes. Still, if they play like that and finish like they usually do, they're going to the final.
Apr 30, 2013 12:43 PM

May 2012
I can still see Madrid managing to score 3 but I don't think they will manage to keep Dortmund out if they keep pushing for goals.

Random guess at the final scores Real 2 - 1 Dortmund
Apr 30, 2013 12:48 PM

Apr 2011
Mkayyy said:
I can still see Madrid managing to score 3 but I don't think they will manage to keep Dortmund out if they keep pushing for goals.

Dortmund's not playing really well though. Madrid completely dominated them. They didn't know what to do. I also find it difficult to think Madrid can score three while keeping Dortmund out with the current scoreline, but who knows? Dortmund did it, why not Madrid?

Wow and to think I used to hate Madrid to it's core.
Apr 30, 2013 1:32 PM

Jun 2009
2-0 O_o
Apr 30, 2013 1:32 PM

May 2012
Holy shit lol. Time wasting begins...
Apr 30, 2013 1:39 PM

Jun 2009
Well that was unexpectedly close in the end.
Apr 30, 2013 1:41 PM

Apr 2011
What a fucking end. Now that was what I wanted to see. Controversial moment at the end, was it a penalty? If the push on Reus last week was one, so was this one. Great job, Madrid, but you've only got yourself to blame for this after that horror show at the BVB stadium.
Apr 30, 2013 1:41 PM

Mar 2012
HALA MADRID DORTMUND!

Dortmund almost Malaga'd it. All those missed chances by Real in the 1st did them in.
Apr 30, 2013 1:42 PM

May 2012
Wow lol I got so hyped near the end :D
yhunata said:
Mkayyy said:

Dortmund's not playing really well though. Madrid completely dominated them. They didn't know what to do. I also find it difficult to think Madrid can score three while keeping Dortmund out with the current scoreline, but who knows? Dortmund did it, why not Madrid?

Wow and to think I used to hate Madrid to it's core.
Damn lol, doubting Madrid to manage to keep Dortmund off the scoreboard and they did exactly that
Apr 30, 2013 1:45 PM

Apr 2011
TravSavage said:
HALA MADRID DORTMUND!

Dortmund almost Malaga'd it. All those missed chances by Real in the 1st did them in.

Exactly. Ozil doing a Torres and then Ronaldo kicking straight at the keeper took their tempo out momentarily. Also, should've started with Benzema. The guy practically turned the game around by himself.
Apr 30, 2013 1:46 PM
Mar 2012
Holy shit, I was so hyper at the end. That was so excited at the end, it could really go either way at the end. Awesome performance by Sergio Ramos imo, he showed he was the captain of Real, Ronaldo was awfully mediocre. I thought he was the worst of his team, I am also hoping to see a gif of that save of Diego Lopez.

Anyway, I hope Barca is going to put a fight tomorrow as well. Either way, I am going to root for Borussia, even though they have, unexpectedly, only gone through by a hair.

Araby said:
I agree about Bayern flopping. Germans always flop in the final few rounds of tournaments.

Well, this is going to be hard now, isn't it?
KarpmanApr 30, 2013 1:51 PM
Apr 30, 2013 1:49 PM

Apr 2011
Damn, Diego Lopez. I used to doubt his qualities, but this guy might actually be Cassillas level. Well, not entirely, but you get the point.

Karpman said:
Anyway, I hope Barca is going to put a fight tomorrow as well. Either way, I am going to root for Borussia, even though they have, unexpectedly, only gone through by a hair.

I think Bayern will learn not to just drop deep and defend like Dortmund did and almost failed at doing this game. Barca will have it tough tomorrow night.
Apr 30, 2013 1:57 PM

Oct 2010
My heart was at 180 near the end of that game. Thank God Dortmund made it through.

Just saw The Special One's interview aswell. Looks like the rumours that he's going back to Chelsea are true.
spyrocootApr 30, 2013 2:01 PM
Apr 30, 2013 2:03 PM

Sep 2012
Looks like a Bayern vs. Dortmund final. Unless Lewandowski goes ham again, I'm expecting Bayern wins this year to make up for last year's disappointing loss. Though I guess Barca could get a miracle 5-0 win...but yeah
A match made in heaven set the fires in hell
Apr 30, 2013 5:27 PM

May 2008
Well they nearly did it, but they left it a bit late.

spyrocoot said:
My heart was at 180 near the end of that game. Thank God Dortmund made it through.

Just saw The Special One's interview aswell. Looks like the rumours that he's going back to Chelsea are true.

I would love it absolutely love it if he came back to us, hopefully he can bring Falcao with him and the fat waiter will go and El nino can go back home where he is comfortable.
Apr 30, 2013 7:57 PM

Mar 2012
Karpman said:
Araby said:
I agree about Bayern flopping. Germans always flop in the final few rounds of tournaments.
Well, this is going to be hard now, isn't it?
I can't always be right...
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
May 1, 2013 12:21 AM

Nov 2012
May 1, 2013 9:00 AM

Apr 2013
Real can regret many opportunies that they've missed. Ronaldo had a poor game, but they almost made the feat in the end. Real will rebuild with a new coach right now, I think it'll be Ancelotti. Hope that Bayern will join Dortmund in final, but i'm not worrying about that. :p
May 1, 2013 11:20 AM

Apr 2011
Not nearly as pumped for tonight as I was for last night, thinking of sleeping this out. Must be because Madrid at least had a slimmer of hope, but that doesn't seem to be the case tonight. Barca are pretty much out. Even, if by some miracle, they score 4, they'll still need at least one more goals (two if they concede) to go through. Not very realistic against Bayern, who will be alerted after last night's horror show by Dortmund by trying to defend instead of attacking.

All in all, my prediction is a 3 goal game, with Messi getting on the scoresheet at least once.
May 1, 2013 11:23 AM

Apr 2013
I bet on a 2-2, i also think that Messi will be on the scoresheet.
May 1, 2013 11:24 AM

Sep 2012
yhunata said:

All in all, my prediction is a 3 goal game, with Messi getting on the scoresheet at least once.

He is starting on the bench, and will probably not play today because of an injury.
May 1, 2013 11:35 AM

Apr 2011
SetsukoHara said:
yhunata said:

He is starting on the bench, and will probably not play today because of an injury.

Is that so? Wow, Barca is totally fucked then. They would need him for the miracle. Without him, I doubt they can penetrate Bayern enough to beat them.
May 1, 2013 11:51 AM

Mar 2012
/finds out Messi isn't starting

May 1, 2013 12:50 PM

May 2012
GG. Such a nice shot by Robben.
May 1, 2013 12:59 PM

Oct 2010
Robben's left foot is a gift from God.
May 1, 2013 1:00 PM

Apr 2013
yhunata said:
SetsukoHara said:
yhunata said:

Is that so? Wow, Barca is totally fucked then. They would need him for the miracle. Without him, I doubt they can penetrate Bayern enough to beat them.

Don't underate them without Messi they still got Iniesta and Xavi, If you remember not long ago these guys were nominated for Ballon'd'or. But still all German final, 4 is too damn much.
May 1, 2013 1:01 PM

Oct 2010
SlothNamakemono said:
yhunata said:
SetsukoHara said:
yhunata said:

Don't underate them without Messi they still got Iniesta and Xavi, If you remember not long ago these guys were nominated for Ballon'd'or. But still all German final, 4 is too damn much.

6*
May 1, 2013 1:10 PM
Sep 2011
on spain the people knew that no would win the round
May 1, 2013 1:14 PM

Oct 2010
WHAT A GOAL BY PIQUE! It was an own goal...
May 1, 2013 1:18 PM

Mar 2012
Total humiliation. Barcelona was used to do this to other teams now its their time.
May 1, 2013 1:19 PM

Mar 2012
spyrocoot said:
SlothNamakemono said:
yhunata said:
SetsukoHara said:
yhunata said:

6*

8*
May 1, 2013 1:21 PM
Mar 2012
To see Barca getting absolutely dominated in their own home is kind of disheartening.

Still, Bayern is superior, and it is showing, brilliant goal by Robben, I have to say it. Even though you expect the cutting inside, they just can't stop him. And then almost another, but then Pique brilliantly taps it in, the evening can't get any worse for him/

And that cross by Ribery, the header by Muller was solid. I don't like to say it, but they are just the best team of the world now.
May 1, 2013 1:21 PM

Oct 2010
TravSavage said:
spyrocoot said:
SlothNamakemono said:
yhunata said:
SetsukoHara said:
yhunata said:

6*

8*

At the time I posted, it was six. At the time Sloth posted, it was six. That's why I corrected him. Thanks for the update though :P
May 1, 2013 1:26 PM

Mar 2012
If Germany don't win the WC in 2014, they never will, haha.
LoneWolf said:
May 1, 2013 1:35 PM

Jun 2009
Total domination. Awe-inspiring. Nothing to add.

So it's gonna be a german CL winner for the first time in 12 years. Let's hope it's the one we saw today.

Araby said:
If Germany don't win the WC in 2014, they never will, haha.

No one really cares about national teams anyway...at least to me, Bayern winning CL is a hundred times better than Germany becoming world or european champions.
grandy_UiDMay 1, 2013 1:41 PM
May 1, 2013 1:55 PM

Mar 2012
Really? I definitely care way less about the CL/ league play. The major clubs just get the best players from everywhere, while national teams can only draw from their own country (for the most part). It's way more interesting that way.
LoneWolf said:
May 1, 2013 1:57 PM

Apr 2008
Barca were torn to shreds by Bayern. Magnificent team.
"Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. And some will lose more than the tips off their fingers, I promise you. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that"
May 1, 2013 2:00 PM

Jun 2009
Araby said:
Really? I definitely care way less about the CL/ league play. The major clubs just get the best players from everywhere, while national teams can only draw from their own country (for the most part). It's way more interesting that way.

It's just that CL is a club competition. And my love for Bayern is way greater than it could ever be for a team that makes ~5 matches every two years (national team). I'd say alot of people that are actually fan of a club think similar and would prefer a title for their club over one for their national team.

Sure, being from germany I would find it kinda nice if the german national team would win a title but I honestly don't really care if they lose either. Bayern losing another final would be devastating and would leave me depressed for weeks, just like last year... :/
May 1, 2013 2:03 PM

May 2012
I also think World cups are more fun, simply because unknown players get a chance to make a name for themselves and that all the amazing players aren't bunched into a few rich teams.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (11) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.