Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Aug 26, 2020 8:21 PM

Jun 2020
Rob7 said:
- Otto's death was completely predictable after the huge Death Flag from last episode.

- But something was really odd. Garfield blood rage looked out of place, because until that moment there was no reason to see him as a villain. But anyway, it is not the 1st time it happens in the series, just need to remember Rem.

- And the Monty Python Bunnies was COMPLETELY RANDOM. It was the most fool and (until this point at least), pointless and meaningless death of Subaru. Even more than his death to the muggers in the 1st arc.

I agree that Garfiel's blood rage seemed to be OUT OF PLACE; however, we are still yet in complex question in state as of why and what is his beneficial aim to "protect the Sanctuary" from Subaru's advantage? Was it Garfiel's role is to guard the Sanctuary away from the foreign things/foreigners that might refer to the Demi-Human war in the past? Well, I guess the answer will be revealed in the future episodes.

Also about the bunnies.... If you obviously noticed the wintry atmosphere of the Sanctuary around that time, it makes sense that the winter abruptly appeared to how long Subaru was unknowingly subjugated back to where he was tied, indicating that the time has been skipped in how many days or weeks or months.... It also supported the reason for his exploration to other houses which he hunted something to benefit his state at that time, probably.

"You don't get it, a million sorry's is not equal to one thank you." — Emilia
Aug 26, 2020 8:37 PM

Feb 2015
Actually, Echidna acts like a really cute and friendly girl, not a cruel monster as expected, which is funny. Garfiel’s beast mode is badass, and an asshole for killing Otto. Beatrice has a strange role then, she knows the members of the cult, or at least Petelgeuse, she has a gospel similar to them, but the others are imperfect, and she must follow someone with that orders, wtf. For a moment, I thought that Echidna was going to say that she gave Subaru that ability.
Aug 26, 2020 8:40 PM
Apr 2019
Holy crap, I did not expect to cry this episode. What an amazing episode
Aug 26, 2020 8:42 PM
Dec 2019
this was arguably the most brutal death in the whole series and that moment with echidana was so cathartic. subaru has been so isolated and dealing with never-ending suffering for so long that i never even considered how beautiful it would be when he could finally share it with somebody. i like her but i'm still suspicious of echidana though
Aug 26, 2020 8:45 PM

Oct 2017
Rob7 said:
- Otto's death was completely predictable after the huge Death Flag from last episode.

- But something was really odd. Garfield blood rage looked out of place, because until that moment there was no reason to see him as a villain. But anyway, it is not the 1st time it happens in the series, just need to remember Rem.

- And the Monty Python Bunnies was COMPLETELY RANDOM. It was the most fool and (until this point at least), pointless and meaningless death of Subaru. Even more than his death to the muggers in the 1st arc.

- If i may guess what happened:

1. Subaru was teleported again by the stone the same way that happened when he crossed the barrier, but we know that it is not automatic, so someone from inside the Sanctuary induced it.

2. The barrier was not released (at this point i believe that ALL the Arc 4 will be only about the Sanctuary and the trials, since this 1st half of the arc will just find a solution, if much, to the tragedy at the Mansion).

3. If the barrier was not released, why nobody is around? Simple, they become Demon Bunny's food, sure. Look at the numbers of that plague!

4. And what are that gore Bunnies? I strongly guess they are result of some SUICIDE strategy by the Sanctuary Faction (cough.. "White R..." ahem...) that don't want the barrier to be released.

Now i'm going to read the Light Novel until the point of the revelation of the end of this episode. Hope something can be more clear without to need to advance in the story.

Completely random rabbit lolz.

Did you know that's called foreshadowing of future event?

So Puck kill Subaru as he went back mansion back in season 1 completely random cuz you didn't know wth is going on back then?

Jeez, I think you shouldn't watch anime at a weekly base, you should wait til full episode release cuz you want instant gratification and "On your face" type of presentation.
Aug 26, 2020 8:51 PM

Jun 2020
Garfiel is absolutely batshit crazy, this episode made me hate him even more.
But this episode also made me love Echidna even more.
Aug 26, 2020 9:21 PM

Mar 2016
This was quite a satisfying episode of Subaru's finally getting acknowledged
Aug 26, 2020 9:25 PM
Jul 2018
This is the most Brutal episode
Aug 26, 2020 9:29 PM
May 2018
I'm convinced. Echidna really is best girl.
Aug 26, 2020 9:50 PM

May 2019
Random_user said:

So Puck kill Subaru as he went back mansion back in season 1 completely random cuz you didn't know wth is going on back then?

Jeez, I think you shouldn't watch anime at a weekly base, you should wait til full episode release cuz you want instant gratification and "On your face" type of presentation.

Yes, random, unless for people that come here as pseudo-genius of "foreshadowed perception" that in fact just had the fantastic merit of spoil the anime to themselves reading about the future events. Hope it is not the case, because would be ridiculous.

The 1st death for the Puck Beast was very climactic (after we knew that the Mansion had fallen to Petelgeuse attack), but this Energizer Bunny of hell came from nowhere.

Actually being random don't is contradictory with being foreshadowing.
Aug 26, 2020 9:50 PM

Sep 2019
I cried when I saw Subaru cry.
Aug 26, 2020 9:53 PM

Jan 2013
I'm speechless, i didn't expect this episode to be so good and evil at the same time. Holy hell! So much insane stuff happened in 24 min.

Now i get why they told him to be careful of Garfield, wow! That was insane.

And the whole rabbit scene...i think this was his hardest death probably. And then watching him waking up near to Emilia which was feeling bad, and then you have Subaru... if Emilia only knew...

The witch scene was 10/10! The whole episode was 10/10. For the first time ever Subaru can finally say it, that was tough...
I do wonder if he will save Echidna from that space. Because after this episode she is slowly climbing the best girl ladder.

Next episode... i am worried, but i do hope for a chill episodes, these past few episodes have been crazy.
AivanKAug 26, 2020 10:15 PM
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Aug 26, 2020 10:10 PM
Apr 2017
Rob7 said:
Random_user said:

Yes, random, unless for people that come here as pseudo-genius of "foreshadowed perception" that in fact just had the fantastic merit of spoil the anime to themselves reading about the future events. Hope it is not the case, because would be ridiculous.

The 1st death for the Puck Beast was very climactic (after we knew that the Mansion had fallen to Petelgeuse attack), but this Energizer Bunny of hell came from nowhere.

Actually being random don't is contradictory with being foreshadowing.

The reason of the bunnys being there was already shown in this exact episode, you just don't know it yet which it's the whole point.
Aug 26, 2020 10:12 PM

Mar 2019
Another 10/5 Episode Again...

Spectacular & Emotive...

PS: such cute bunnies.

Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Aug 26, 2020 10:13 PM

Aug 2019
This episode was crazy. While the last ones were good, we haven't had an episode like this in a long time imo. Can't wait until Wednesday
I read some of the comments and I see a lot of people like to give their own theories and I think it's a great idea to do this, I won't be reading other people's theories however bc some of y'all are clever as fuck and probably guessed the plot right. I'll rewatch this episode later today and try to collect my thoughts and form a solid theory
One more thing : idk how to feel about having to choose a best girl for this anime, like fuck! My waifu for re zero is currently rem, but echidna, she's pretty good too man y'know 😁. I read a comment here saying that echidna and Subaru have more chemistry this episode than Emilia and suburu in all episodes and I kind of agree there's just something about her man, her charisma is different. Rem still my top 1 tho, idk about my top 2 and 3 rn, but just for the memes echidna best girl🤡
Welp, couldn't come up with any theories. I'm completely lost , I have no idea where this is going
Only think I know is echidna is cute👌
FrostyinsideAug 27, 2020 6:21 PM
Aug 26, 2020 10:13 PM

Apr 2019
So Subaru is "that person" huh? Well I guess we'll find out what that means later on.

Yo he just... that Tony the Tiger looking dude just... that ain't cool man.. that ain't cool...

If I learned anything From Monty Python and the Holy Grail, it's that you should always fear rabbits. That's just a horrible way to go out.

Yooooooooo Echidna is just the best character isn't she? That last five minutes was absolutely great, this season just get better with every episode. Can't wait for the next episode.
Aug 26, 2020 10:33 PM

Jan 2019
Echidna is best girl this season anyone who disagrees with me will have to fight me to the death
Aug 26, 2020 10:34 PM

Aug 2019
Oh no the feels were big this episode my heart, was pretty chaotic and brutal at times, but also really heartwarming and sad, probably the biggest roller coaster of emotions i've experienced this season hands down.

Subaru's suffering definitely went into full throttle this time from the previous episode, cleared some questions regarding Beako and the witch's cult, but definitely did bring up new ones, with Roswaal being conspicuous with his "tell her this tell her that". No shit's given Garfiel went on a massacre, Subaru having to witness the death of otto, the villagers and Patrasche. Next part was... a mix, land covered in snow, everyone missing that 'mysterious' atmosphere really had my heart beating, then the rabbits, don't know what they are, where they came from, but fuck bro, probably has to be one of the most brutal and horrifying deaths i think i've had to witness subaru go through, just from the fact that it was such a slow, violent one and not the usual quick one that disturbed me.

God but that Echidna scene was such a blessing after, first i found it cute that Subaru was unknowingly making a witch blush like crazy and throwing all these nice comments at her, then it dug deep, and i went from smiling to hopelessly crying. The slow realisation that Echidna knows everything and could only watch hit hard, Echidna's offering to talk it out was the sweetest thing i've ever seen, her asking Subaru to tell her everything he's gone through, the pain and suffering, how he felt, while comforting him, all really just hit home. Safe to say, i could really use an Echidna in my life rn, tbh i think we all need a carrying Echidna in our lives at some point. Witch of greed or not, the title dosen't matter anymore, Echidna is Echidna and she's the best witch/waifu/counselor i, and i think anyone, could ever ask for.
Aug 26, 2020 10:45 PM
Feb 2019
I enjoyed this episode, this is probably the best or 2nd best episode of the 2nd season for me, and Garfiel is a psychopath but he's trying to defend the sanctuary after all, he seems a bit too OP with that transformation.

Echidna so far appears to be a top contender of the best waifus on this anime, I felt more connection and emotion with Subaru and Echidna in this episode than I did with Emilia so far with all the episodes combined, I don't know, I simply feel the connection of Subaru and Emilia a bit forced, there's just something off about those 2 together but that's just me.
Aug 26, 2020 10:47 PM
Jul 2019
Holy shit, that was the most painful way to die yet. I can see why people were scared by that fucking rabbit in the OP.

Everyone's letting their guard down around Echidna. Sure she was nice here but you gotta remember that she's the Witch of the Greed, who will do anything to get what she desires. And just by that, I'm speculating that she's deliberately being nice to get something out of Subaru.
Aug 26, 2020 11:09 PM

Dec 2008
Reading these comments, I wonder if I'm just becoming a jaded anime viewer. I thought this was a relatively enjoyable episode, but I don't understand the intense hype for the rabbit scene and I really don't understand why Echidna would be so loved at this point in the story unless it's just superficial love.
Aug 26, 2020 11:15 PM
Jun 2016
can someone spoil me how many times subaru died until he overthrough the rabbit mabeast? lol thats pain in the ass to see subaru fight them
Aug 26, 2020 11:19 PM

Sep 2018
One of the best episodes yet, what a heartwarming ending scene. That death was the most gruesome yet.
Aug 26, 2020 11:26 PM

Sep 2017
damn this episode was brutal, i know something bad gonna happen when the snow comes lol

Echidna tho, goddamn she is so cute ngl and her scene with subaru at the end was wholesome but sad. i wonder if she is gonna fall for subaru or not
Aug 26, 2020 11:36 PM

Jan 2019
HikaruKaneko said:
Reading these comments, I wonder if I'm just becoming a jaded anime viewer. I thought this was a relatively enjoyable episode, but I don't understand the intense hype for the rabbit scene and I really don't understand why Echidna would be so loved at this point in the story unless it's just superficial love.

Well for the rabbits part i think that was one of the most brutal deaths by now and also that was their "reveal" as the second legendary beast- The Great Rabbit (Oousagi) not to mention the setting for that scene was absolutely terrifying and the mistery about them and about what happened to the Sanctuary adds more to the thrilling factor.
As for Echidna i think the hype is about that Subaru finally can confess to somebody about whats happening to him and because we, as viewers, project ourselves into him now we feel "releaved" because somebody finally understands "our" pain and know the sh*t he was going trought and can tell everything to her which for him (and us) is a very big deal. But other than that i think the rest of it is kinda superficial and you (and everyone else) will see in the next episodes.
Ushiromiya Battler, right now, on this island, no one exists except for you. You're the only one alive in this island. However I'm here right now, and i'm about to kill you. Who... am I?
Aug 26, 2020 11:36 PM
Jul 2015
HikaruKaneko said:

You don't need understand. Just enjoy it your own way.

Aug 26, 2020 11:41 PM
Apr 2020
A very impressive episode deserving a rating of 10
Aug 26, 2020 11:42 PM
Aug 2019
the weight of each episode is just soo good. Echidna and Subaru moments are always a gem to watch. Finally, Subaru gets someone to talk to about the Return by death as he has always experienced it but never was able to speak to someone about it. this just keeps getting better
Aug 27, 2020 12:09 AM
Nov 2015
I really sad about Subaru, he deserve better life & being happy, than this extremely suffering tragedy he keep experiencing every loop.

Thank to echidona now Subaru can speak his true feelings & heavy burden that he carry.

By the way ladies and gentlemen, please bring the Holy hand Granade, many many holy hand granades, this is getting out of hand because its not just one Rabbit, theres an army of killer rabbits right there.

https://youtu.be/tgj3nZWtOfA
redcobraAug 27, 2020 2:12 AM
Aug 27, 2020 12:09 AM

Oct 2018
Man, I had no idea when Usagi drop fans were warning me about something disturbing, this was what they had in mind.
Aug 27, 2020 12:10 AM
Apr 2019
Re:Zero's every episode has a very good progression. Subaru is still descending into suffering. Poor boy. He needs to rest, but as we can see that he needs a long way to go. I give it 10/10.
Aug 27, 2020 12:15 AM
Jul 2018
That rabbits dynamite🤣🤣
Aug 27, 2020 12:44 AM

Feb 2010
Sokah said:
Crying about having a super power and whining about not being able to tell people. The fact that this guy is such an unlikeable whiny idiot sometimes makes this show really hard to watch.

WHAAA! I can time travel!
WHAAA! I can't tell anyone!
WHAAA!

Congratulations, you've let everyone know you don't understand basic psychology and can't imagine a characters situation 👏
Aug 27, 2020 1:12 AM

Feb 2014
Marinate1016 said:
Finally the OP is back. Need it to drop on Apple Music ASAP

The rabbit scene was as disturbing as when I’d read it. Fuck man, that’s rough.

This second tea party is what made me love Dona so much. She’s the first person who Subaru’s ever been able to express his experience to. The first person who can really understand.

The music that plays in the final scene( https://imgur.com/a/zdJgpuf) 10/10 episode. Sasuga White Fox sama

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.

That music. Just because of it I rate this episode a 11/10
Aug 27, 2020 1:26 AM

Feb 2014
Echidna be like "Nandemo wa shiranai wa yo, shitteru koto dake"
Aug 27, 2020 1:34 AM
May 2015
Barusu: Im returning by death
Barusu: Wait no curse?
Barusu: Echidna can you please kill me now? Im suffering..
Aug 27, 2020 2:00 AM

Dec 2019
Ok, so far this has been the most impactful episode. I think I'm in love with a witch...

Aug 27, 2020 2:10 AM
Jul 2018
Please take some my respect White Fox.And fellow who helped in making this episode.And the composer of Re zero is goat.Suehiro Kenichiro is God.
Aug 27, 2020 2:11 AM

Mar 2020
what can i say , Garfiel on a rampage , we dont know how Rem is doing , Otto is the real goddamn friend that Subaru deserves , also no idea wth the scene in the snow was or where everyone else went and oh my god FINALLY , finally Subaru gets to speak to someone , i cant even start to imagine how tough it has been for him all that time but Echidna , she is here and she is here to save the day and our boy .
Aug 27, 2020 2:20 AM
Oct 2017
So why hasn't Subaru just become completely numb to pain/emotional torture yet? Maybe reading Blade of the immortal 3 too many times got to me but someone who is constantly killed, tortured, gutted and amputated before dying around a hundred times would most likely have this become almost completely normalized within their physiological state of mind, essentially meaning that Subaru just becomes Mr. Manji 2.

Yeah, it would ruin the thrill of the show but clarification would be appreciated.
Sorry if I sound like a pretentious prick.
Aug 27, 2020 2:40 AM
Nov 2018
WHERE TO BEGIN?

rabbits.

i feel so happy for subaru since he can now let out the feelings he's been keeping to himself all this time. hearing him cry and actually be able to open up to someone makes me sooOooooOoooOOOooo happy. for all the shit he's been through, this isn't even enough. i'm glad echidna is there for him. i'm glad someone knew what subaru has been going through. i'm glad they met. thank you
Aug 27, 2020 2:51 AM

Jul 2014
Episodes like this, moments like that second "tea party" are why I love this show. All this time, Subaru has had to carry the burden of his powers alone, unable to share the burden with anyone else and actively causing harm whenever he tried. Even if he could share the burden with another, what would it matter when his death would undo it and erase the memories of everyone else? And now, after all this time, he has found someone who remembers, someone who will always remember and will never be harmed because of it. Subaru's breakdown of sadness and, more than that, relief is entirely understandable and is utterly cathartic after he's had to suffer alone for so long.

Beyond that, this was an interesting episode, with comfortably the most brutal Subaru death so far as he's eaten alive by monster rabbits (which I'm guessing are mabeasts of some sort) and we get to see pretty much everything, including a horrific POV shot of one eating his face. Then we have Garfiel well and truly becoming Garfield and going on a killing spree to lead to Subaru ending up in that snowscape; I still don't really get what happened there, but it's interesting nonetheless.

And then there's Roswaal's claim that Beatrice's "Gospel" isn't actually that, but is actually able to tell the future while the Witch Cult Gospels are just imitations. That sounds just plausible enough to be true, but because of that I don't entirely trust it and still feel like he's hiding a thing or two. As for what he told Subaru to tell Beatrice when they next meet, I wonder what's going to happen when he confirms himself as "that person", i.e. who is "that person" to Beatrice?
Aug 27, 2020 3:07 AM
Aug 2018
Ahh i see a top 50 and anime of the year
Aug 27, 2020 3:29 AM
Mar 2020
Now I know why Echidna is one of the best charachter in the anime, she's understand what kind of pain subaru experience since he came to the isekai. Finally Subaru can say the senctence without actually died. I feel kind of relief when subaru say "i can return from the death"
Aug 27, 2020 3:59 AM

May 2018
Wow I love this episode too! Echidna truly is best waifu haha

those bunnies were way too cute
Aug 27, 2020 4:04 AM
Apr 2019
This episode felt soo good. Echidna best girl.
Aug 27, 2020 4:21 AM
Sep 2018
The ending of that episode was something else, seeing him finally get it all off of his shoulders. I honestly don't know how people think this show is overrated, it's almost like people will hate something for being popular. Real shit though, this season has been a fucking roller-coaster, Subaru starts out the season with a relatively small amount of suffering but now he's just going through so much shit it feels like he may never escape, I can't wait for next episode.
Aug 27, 2020 4:23 AM

Dec 2012
I have no words....

Aug 27, 2020 4:53 AM

Jul 2010
I really loved this episode, Echidna quickly became a favourite of mine. That last scene was just so powerful, Subaru let it all out and he really needed that.

I think there's more to the witches than them simply being "evil," while Echidna certainly may have an agenda she doesn't seem impervious to Subaru's situation and emotions at all and really does appear to feel compassion towards him. I'm also reminded of when Roswaal corrected Subaru to not refer to her as "the Witch of Greed" but rather just call her Echidna because calling her a witch makes her seem evil, thus implying she's not strictly a bad person.

So rather than good or evil, witches in general might just be far more ambiguous and fall somewhere in the middle, like most people. When we first met Echidna she said she has done some things she regrets in her pursuit for knowledge, and if she was strictly evil she wouldn't feel regret at all. But whatever the case is, Echidna best girl regardless.
Aug 27, 2020 5:06 AM
Feb 2014
MasterKeef said:
Another amazing episode. I was real worried Subaru's spawn point was gonna update after he was teleported, the way everyone kept saving him and pushing him back almost made it seem like it would. I knew something was up with the rabbit the second it appeared, I've seen too many cute little innocent rabbits turn out to be blood thirsty animals haha

Part of me still doesn't trust Echidna, I mean she is a witch right? Idk, I just feel like shes still a evil character we just haven't seen yet. But seeing Subaru FINALLY be able to talk about his Return by Death, it was great. So happy for him these past two episodes, he finally had someone tell him they are friends and he was able to talk about what he has been going through since episode 1. Watching week by week is painful. Can't wait for next episode, gonna rewatch this one now.

exactly me...
i was so scared he would get new checkpoint with probabyl not being able to save Petra in the mansion and just not having time for anything (and Otto dead too). My biggest concern is that until now we didn't have really any important for Subaru character dying and not being saved in the end and i feel like it might happen soon :(

For me Echidna is starting to fight for the first place in best girl race, but yea, we still don't know anything about her.

Saw actually 2 episodes ago one really intersting crazy theory about her greedness for knowledge and how she created all other races of demi-humans, elves and everything else by mixing them and also creating satella :P
Pages (13) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Jul 29, 2020

673 by RealMario7 »»
May 25, 1:32 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Sep 30, 2020

506 by HiroTail1 »»
May 19, 7:10 PM

» Emilia chest size increase

MuscularBlackMan - Jul 23, 2020

13 by RaptorDan »»
May 9, 6:47 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kaiseki - Sep 23, 2020

453 by titty »»
Apr 11, 9:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Sep 16, 2020

675 by titty »»
Apr 11, 8:41 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.