Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Aug 16, 2014 8:12 AM

Apr 2014
Yukari_Hiwada said:
Biartz said:

Is this your first anime ever watched? What's the goal of Toradora? What's the goal of Anohana? What's the goal of Kimi ni Todoke? What's the goal School Rumble? What's the goal of Chobits?
All of those are very popular and well received series.

If you are having those kind of problems then you should give up on watching any slice of life anime whatsoever.

Wow. Did you read my post? I said LONG-TERM GOALS, a goal for the whole series.

Toradora had very interesting characters and revolved around Taiga and Ryuuji's feelings. Anohana had very interesting characters with the goal of resolving Menma being the beast of summer and the broken friendships of childhood friends. Kimi ni Todoke had interesting characters with the goal of Sawako's love reaching Kazehaya. Chobits had interesting characters and revolved around Chii and Hideki's relationship. (Yes, I have seen every anime you just listed) GLASSLIP ON THE OTHER HAND, has NO interesting characters and we all don't know where the hell the show is heading. We thought this was about seeing/hearing the future(?) and getting romance along all that but it seems romance is the priority here and seeing/hearing the future(?) is just a subplot. Anyhow, everything is done pretty badly.

Idk why I'm replying to someone who didn't read my post but I felt like I just had to prove my point so...

I see where you are coming from. Even slice of life shows like Toradora had something holding it together. Something that was bubbling under the surface. This show is kind of all over the place. I guess you could argue the "long term goals" of this show, have to do with David and the future fragments. So David plus Touko's connection with seeing the future, and what that means.

We have to assume that the show will eventually get to that. That when it wraps up, it will resolve this and make sense of it. To me, that is the long term goals of this show (or the arc that is always there and in the distant future to be resolved).

I still think this show is a mess though. Just because it does such a poor job moving things a long for the characters. Emotionally, everything in this show is bizarre and not fleshed our or always coherent. Whatever Toradora was, it was pretty clear how characters felt (you could read into the subtle behaviors of them). There was a clear through line of the characters. And even when it didn't always make sense (like Minorin's little freak out), it eventually was resolved and made sense.

I guess we'll have to see if there is something hidden we don't know about with Sachi and the others, with relation to David. But my guess is, they just don't like him because he is shaking the group up. And if that's the case, the show has done a miserable job building on their feelings and fleshing them out. Everything is too subdued and jumps around too much.
Aug 16, 2014 8:19 AM

Jul 2010
I wonder what the three David's mean ?!
And why do they keep appearing in this episode
Plus seeing David fall fom somewhere makes me think David is a ghost or who knows
But I can't believe Sachii wanted to separate David and Touka , good thing Hiro left because that was just mean of her.
I mean I ship Touka x Kakeru
Aug 16, 2014 8:33 AM

Apr 2014
RosyXkid said:
I wonder what the three David's mean ?!
And why do they keep appearing in this episode
Plus seeing David fall fom somewhere makes me think David is a ghost or who knows
But I can't believe Sachii wanted to separate David and Touka , good thing Hiro left because that was just mean of her.
I mean I ship Touka x Kakeru

You don't even need to ship them to think it was a shitty thing to do. Hell, you could even hate David as character (in terms of how they wrote him and his personal characteristics), and in the plot itself there is no justification for what Sachi did. Not only was it fucked up because she betrayed Toukos trust (she made the plan after Touko confided to her they were going on a date)....she was going behind her back to sabotage her happiness, all for her own selfish reasons. But it gets worse, when you consider she used Hiro (her boyfriend), trying to make him an accomplice in this shitty act. So she abused his trust as well, and tried to rope him in to this bullshit.

No wonder he was upset and left. I know it's just a simple thing on paper, but she really showed herself to be a shitty person here.
Aug 16, 2014 8:49 AM

Jul 2012
Yukari_Hiwada said:
Biartz said:

Is this your first anime ever watched? What's the goal of Toradora? What's the goal of Anohana? What's the goal of Kimi ni Todoke? What's the goal School Rumble? What's the goal of Chobits?
All of those are very popular and well received series.

If you are having those kind of problems then you should give up on watching any slice of life anime whatsoever.

Wow. Did you read my post? I said LONG-TERM GOALS, a goal for the whole series.

Toradora had very interesting characters and revolved around Taiga and Ryuuji's feelings. Anohana had very interesting characters with the goal of resolving Menma being the beast of summer and the broken friendships of childhood friends. Kimi ni Todoke had interesting characters with the goal of Sawako's love reaching Kazehaya. Chobits had interesting characters and revolved around Chii and Hideki's relationship. (Yes, I have seen every anime you just listed) GLASSLIP ON THE OTHER HAND, has NO interesting characters and we all don't know where the hell the show is heading. We thought this was about seeing/hearing the future(?) and getting romance along all that but it seems romance is the priority here and seeing/hearing the future(?) is just a subplot. Anyhow, everything is done pretty badly.

Idk why I'm replying to someone who didn't read my post but I felt like I just had to prove my point so...

I did read your post although I regret having this argument.

Explain to me how does a show having characters you like make it have good "long term goals". It kinda doesn't make sense. All of those anime had no goal, especially long term one. They showcased everyday life of those characters with different intrigues plotted in for each arc. Glasslip is no different in that aspect. Remember, we were supposed to be talking about the goals, not how we like the characters, since the goal of this anime was your problem that I called you out about.
BiartzAug 16, 2014 12:43 PM
Aug 16, 2014 11:26 AM

Dec 2013
I see a lot of hate for Kakeru and for Yuki, but after reading all the posts, I can only see they were written by a shipper's point of view. No Bias my ass.

First, people keep saying that Kakeru did nothing wrong. I distinctly recall his first meeting with the group at the restaurant, when he was invited by just Touko, he distinctly set everyone at the table off by saying something along the lines of "Damn I didn't expect there'd be guys here." First off, that line in itself , regardless of his meaning, is offensive to the guys (Yuki and Hiro) regardless of their feelings for Touko (that being Yuki has but Hiro hasn't). It's also offensive to Yanagi because at that moment she had clear feelings for Yuki and as a friend you'd have to feel offended that Kakeru would say something like that in front of them. Sacchi doesn't like Kakeru because of the pretty obvious Yuri undertones that she has with Touko.

Pretty much everything that happened afterwards exacerbated the individual character's hate for Kakeru:

y123y said:
gnodab said:

Except Yuki pretty much backed the fuck off after getting getting rejected twice, he hasn't pestered Touko and forced himself unto her ever since. If you're talking about that scuffle between him and Kakeru last episode then you're obviously not paying attention to his dialogues. He just wants to straighten things and make sure Kakeru isn't leading Touko around. Although clearly he's still bitter about it but the fact is that he is trying to move on.

Honestly it's Yanagi who's being a massive cunt here. She expects things to be normal after that confession and is eging him to continue pursuing Touko because it made him look 'attractive' or some shit.

gnodab, I agree with you 100%. Yuki was clearly looking to move on from Touko after getting rejected and getting friendzoned. Heck, he even wanted to make good with Kakeru by going to his house and inviting him to the event that all of them were going to. But then Kakeru started poking and ticking off Yuki, and then all that drama occurred.

As for Yanagi, I love that confession she gave to Yuki. EXCEPT for when she told Yuki to pretend like if nothing ever happened, even though they live together. REALLY YANAGI!!!???

I have to laught at posters like AttackOnWaifu. Clearly he/she doesn't know what he/she is saying, and is just backing his/her favorite OTP of Kakeru and Touko.

For this above post, I have to agree with gnodab. First, Yuki being in love with Touko, pretty much saw Kakeru as a rival and thus anything which he would do thereafter would be seen as negative. It doesn't help that Kakeru is so confrontational in front of Yuki either. The thing is, Yuki is not the scheming type, he never hid his feelings, and pointedly stated that he disliked Kakeru. Once Touko denied/friendzoned him, he pretty much backed off on any pursuit of Touko, he didn't confront Kakeru about it, and he never tried to get in between Touko and Kakeru's meetings and such. I don't see why anyone would hate Yuki at all for what he's done afterwards. He is already trying to move on with his life.

And for those short on memory, it was Kakeru who taunted and challenged Yuki to the race for Touko, with Yanagi as a runner's up prize (he's a serious Douche for that, no one can deny that). He admitted himself that he never wanted to race Yuki ( he wouldn't have won anyway). All he was doing was selfishly using underhanded tactics to force a confession out of Touko. For him, he wanted Touko to side with him instead of Yuki, if that isn't a friendship breaker, I don't know what is. Even Kakeru Touko shippers cannot excuse this crap that he's done.

For Sachi and Hiro, it's pretty much a farce. Hiro likes Sachi, but it's clear to everyone that Sachi doesn't really think of him in that way (though she knows his feelings). Sachi has an unhealthy obsession with Touko, something even I don't understand. She viewed Kakeru's entrance as an unwanted invasion to HER realtionship. She may be saying that she doesn't like him because he's breaking the group up, but let's be honest, she was doing it all for herself. Her admittance that Hiro was her boyfriend was pretty much what you call a "relationship of convenience". She wanted to show the group that she wasn't Yuri, but whenever she has the option of being alone with Touko, she chucks Hiro away immediately. If all of them were such good friends, you wouldn't do that, now would you? Sachi's hate for Kakeru is a personal and selfish thing, and unlike Yuki, she is clearly NOT trying to move on. She want's to ruin things between Kakeru and Touko because she wants Touko to herself. With Touko's vision of Kakeru falling from a high place, it wouldn't surprise me if instead of Yuki being the cause of it, it was actually Sachii who instigated it.
I have a theory that if there were no Kakeru and Sachii found out that Yuki had confessed to/gotten together with Touko, the Sachii and Yuki would no longer be friends anymore. In fact I think she would be trying to pull the same tricks as she was trying this episode to stop them. She is clearly Yandere, with the only thing stopping her from acting is her own poor health.

Hiro is really a sad, sad case. He honestly has pure feelings for Sachii, but found out under the worst circumstances that she never truly likes him in the first place, and that all his previous efforts to win her favor were in vain. She treats him like a tool, and though I don't know to what extent that he understands Sachii's feelings of love for Touko/Hate for Kakeru, I think he's the one that hurts the most in all of this because after her admission, he clearly he knows that he's just been used. Although Kakeru is the obvious spark of the flame that burned down this groups friendship, Sachii is by no means less lethal. I would say her role was the wind that exacerbated the problems within the group.

Yanagi... I really don't know where to begin about her. Her accusation that Kakeru is responsible for Yuki being uncool right now is near impossible to understand. She clearly knows that Touko likes Kakeru, she clearly has no romantic feelings for Kakeru, and she clearly still has hidden feelings for Yuki (which she is trying to hide beneath a facade of "you're still my brother, nothings changed" attitude). Admittedly her screen time since the confession to Yuki has been limited, but in the time that she's shown up it seems like she's either acting normal in front of Yuki, or being angry with the rest of the world. It seems to me that she has a tonne of pent up feelings which she just won't let out. But there will come a time where she will break (if the angry rant this episode wasn't already it).

What I think after her talk with Touko is pretty much that Yanagi is in love with the Yuki who was in love with Touko (this is a concept not foreign to fans of NagiAsu) and yet she also wants Yuki for herself. Her talk with Touko shows that:
(a) She knows that Yuki doesn't have a chance with Touko (not knowing that he's already moving on), given that Touko is obvously in love with Kakeru now (first name basis).
(b) She still has a hope that she herself will have a chance with Yuki (which perhaps she really does), due to (a) above.
However, she doesn't know that she's suddenly gained a whole swim club of rivals for her "Awesome Yuki".
I wonder what she'll do once she finds out that Hina-Chan and her posse are out to gain Yuki-sempai's favor. Perhaps she'll finally be more honest with herself, eh?

Also, the only reason why Yanagi showed up on the beach at the end was because she thought Yuki had left for the beach before she received the message that the beach thing was cancelled, not knowing that he'd already messaged Hiro that he wouldn't make it.

If anything, I think the analysis shows that Kakeru IS directly responsible for the breakup of the group. As an outsider of the group, he never once tried to fit in with them or try to get to know them individually (Yanagi and him was just a chance encounter, and Yanagi clearly still dislikes him). He either kept to himself or tried to bring Touko to his side for personal reasons. Understandably he seems to have multiple personality disorder and is antisocial, but he's not dumb enough not to know about social dynamics obviously (by the way that he taunted Yuki at the shrine and at School in front of Touko and Yanagi). To me, it seems like he views everyone apart from Touko as a nuisance and unnecessary (he didn't want to talk with Yana at first either). Clearly he has an attitude problem, and it's alienated the rest of Touko's friends. You can't say that he's been an innocent party to it all or that the hatred for him was unjustified.

And amongst all that, there are two scenes I didn't get.
1.) I don't get the point of the scene with Hina-chan with Yuki. First it seems like Yuki doesn't recognize her, yet as a close friend of Touko, he clearly should. Second in what way does she recognize him as "awesome" or "not awesome"? She was speaking as if she thought he was losing his cool and wanted to encourage him, but seriously what makes him cool in the first place? His dedication to running? His good looks? I really don't get it....

2.) Not that anyone has mentioned this but.... what was the deal with Hiro's sister running out of the hospital room crying?

Hopefully they'll explain a little more in the next episode because apart from the messed up relationships, I"m clearly confused about everything else, including the so-called "visions of the future"
L-RyoshiAug 16, 2014 11:43 AM
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 16, 2014 12:39 PM

Jul 2012
L-Ryoshi said:
To me, it seems like he views everyone apart from Touko as a nuisance and unnecessary (he didn't want to talk with Yana at first either). Clearly he has an attitude problem, and it's alienated the rest of Touko's friends. You can't say that he's been an innocent party to it all or that the hatred for him was unjustified.

If Kakeru views them as a nuisance, why does he talk to touko about them and their relationships. He wouldn't care for that if he would truly view them as a nuisance/didn't care. Also I'm pretty sure he wouldn't help Yana with the sprained leg.

He is neutral. Sometimes a woman has a boyrfiend outside her circle of friends. It's not a crime.
BiartzAug 16, 2014 12:47 PM
Aug 16, 2014 12:58 PM

Jun 2013
If all it takes is one random guy (who doesn't even do that much aside from hiking and occasional light trolling) to split this group of "friends", then they weren't much of friends to begin with anyway.
Also, Sachi acted like a total bitch this episode. And I kinda liked her when she wasn't involved in all this mess...
Aug 16, 2014 1:05 PM

Apr 2014
Tengoku_no_hakai said:
If all it takes is one random guy (who doesn't even do that much aside from hiking and occasional light trolling) to split this group of "friends", then they weren't much of friends to begin with anyway.
Also, Sachi acted like a total bitch this episode. And I kinda liked her when she wasn't involved in all this mess...
total bitch?

lmfao am i getting trolled. this is a normal reaction u would see irl
Aug 16, 2014 1:16 PM
Jun 2014
Panku said:

Also, does anyone else find it odd that these people are such "good friends" but they've never met each others' family members? Sachi's mom had never heard of Hiro, and Touko's sister had never met Yuki. It's just a small thing that annoys; not a big deal, but I felt like pointing it out.

Sachi's the silent type and introverted. She might not have opened up about Hiro to her mom. On the other hand, I guess Yuki hasn't visited the Fukami home. If that were the case, Hina would have been all over Touko's case.
Aug 16, 2014 1:18 PM

May 2009
L-Ryoshi said:

If anything, I think the analysis shows that Kakeru IS directly responsible for the breakup of the group. As an outsider of the group, he never once tried to fit in with them or try to get to know them individually (Yanagi and him was just a chance encounter, and Yanagi clearly still dislikes him). He either kept to himself or tried to bring Touko to his side for personal reasons. Understandably he seems to have multiple personality disorder and is antisocial, but he's not dumb enough not to know about social dynamics obviously (by the way that he taunted Yuki at the shrine and at School in front of Touko and Yanagi). To me, it seems like he views everyone apart from Touko as a nuisance and unnecessary (he didn't want to talk with Yana at first either). Clearly he has an attitude problem, and it's alienated the rest of Touko's friends. You can't say that he's been an innocent party to it all or that the hatred for him was unjustified.

1.) I don't get the point of the scene with Hina-chan with Yuki. First it seems like Yuki doesn't recognize her, yet as a close friend of Touko, he clearly should. Second in what way does she recognize him as "awesome" or "not awesome"? She was speaking as if she thought he was losing his cool and wanted to encourage him, but seriously what makes him cool in the first place? His dedication to running? His good looks? I really don't get it....

2.) Not that anyone has mentioned this but.... what was the deal with Hiro's sister running out of the hospital room crying?

Hopefully they'll explain a little more in the next episode because apart from the messed up relationships, I"m clearly confused about everything else, including the so-called "visions of the future"

It's NOT multiple personality or dissociative identity disorder. It's just a creation of imaginary personas. You do that to deal with the loneliness, because you can't gel in with others. He's completely aware of his "self-friends", which he treats more like his inner voice. Kinda like the multiple Jack Sparrows in PotC.

Neither is he anti-social. More like asocial. He knows he can't gel with certain people, so why force yourself to? He's just being honest that he doesn't care, and he's not putting up a facade cos he "wants friends". But Touko affects him. Initially it was just the shared ability, which was a specific something between just them, but she's grown on him, and he cares about her now. I know people like that. Is it really an attitude problem? I don't think so. It's just a personality.

But yeah, it's bound to cause problems. And true that he's not good at handling people otherwise - he needn't have challenged in the first meeting, but then again, he kinda zinged with Touko, so he was totally willing to fight for her. But it wasn't like he barred her from meeting the others. He didn't "interfere" with her life. Others kinda chose to interfere with Touko and him, so then it was "keeping the group" or "separate ways" which then caused the whole disturbance. I wouldn't put the blame on any one person. Kakeru might have been the trigger, but it was all the confessions within also that blew off the group dynamics. It was gonna happen eventually anyway. We saw that with Sachi's whole manipulation of "no dating rule" which never existed, that Touko broke. You can't forever keep people "inside", they're bound to wander out.

As for Hina and Yuki.. well.. that was already mentioned and it felt right:
Cervial said:
I think Hina did it because she thinks that her sister likes him, because nothing seems to say that she has feelings for him. If anything, she is clearly concerned with her sister’s wellbeing. Yana appears to be lashing out because Yuki isn’t being the man she wants him to be, and she’s likely hurt hasn’t done anything about her confession.

As for Hiro's sister.. could be anything.. A break-up may be on the way.. Or he could be dying. She said she goes there three times a week.. she could be putting the happy act while all this time she and her boyfriend were having a tough time.

y123y said:
I was thinking the same thing about Asukara, and I hope they dont play that card because that was stupid. By stupid, I mean the whole Chisaki telling Hikari that she doesnt like him per se, but that she only likes him when he is chasing after Manaka. I hope they dont do that with Yanagi liking Yuki. That would be too clearly copy and paste.

In a way, that's the angle they're taking.. but it's not just about liking someone who's chasing someone else.. it's more about how that person is around the other.. How Hikari was around Manaka that Chisaki liked, and she'd have liked him to be like that towards her, but that wasn't possible. That's the whole "unattractive" thing here. Yuki's lost his composure and Yanagi blames Kakeru for that. She wants him to be like he was when Yuki was all fired up for Touko, but she wants him to be fired up for her. She's been jealous and annoyed too. And now she doesn't want him to be bothered further by her confession, so she's hiding all her feelings at home by trying to accept that they can never be together, though she still hopes there may be a chance for it. Yep, that's a lot of closed off feelings there. No kidding the ravens were so strong.
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Aug 16, 2014 1:19 PM

Apr 2014
L-Ryoshi said:
I see a lot of hate for Kakeru and for Yuki, but after reading all the posts, I can only see they were written by a shipper's point of view. No Bias my ass.

First, people keep saying that Kakeru did nothing wrong. I distinctly recall his first meeting with the group at the restaurant, when he was invited by just Touko, he distinctly set everyone at the table off by saying something along the lines of "Damn I didn't expect there'd be guys here." First off, that line in itself , regardless of his meaning, is offensive to the guys (Yuki and Hiro) regardless of their feelings for Touko (that being Yuki has but Hiro hasn't). It's also offensive to Yanagi because at that moment she had clear feelings for Yuki and as a friend you'd have to feel offended that Kakeru would say something like that in front of them. Sacchi doesn't like Kakeru because of the pretty obvious Yuri undertones that she has with Touko.

Pretty much everything that happened afterwards exacerbated the individual character's hate for Kakeru:

y123y said:

gnodab, I agree with you 100%. Yuki was clearly looking to move on from Touko after getting rejected and getting friendzoned. Heck, he even wanted to make good with Kakeru by going to his house and inviting him to the event that all of them were going to. But then Kakeru started poking and ticking off Yuki, and then all that drama occurred.

As for Yanagi, I love that confession she gave to Yuki. EXCEPT for when she told Yuki to pretend like if nothing ever happened, even though they live together. REALLY YANAGI!!!???

I have to laught at posters like AttackOnWaifu. Clearly he/she doesn't know what he/she is saying, and is just backing his/her favorite OTP of Kakeru and Touko.

For this above post, I have to agree with gnodab. First, Yuki being in love with Touko, pretty much saw Kakeru as a rival and thus anything which he would do thereafter would be seen as negative. It doesn't help that Kakeru is so confrontational in front of Yuki either. The thing is, Yuki is not the scheming type, he never hid his feelings, and pointedly stated that he disliked Kakeru. Once Touko denied/friendzoned him, he pretty much backed off on any pursuit of Touko, he didn't confront Kakeru about it, and he never tried to get in between Touko and Kakeru's meetings and such. I don't see why anyone would hate Yuki at all for what he's done afterwards. He is already trying to move on with his life.

And for those short on memory, it was Kakeru who taunted and challenged Yuki to the race for Touko, with Yanagi as a runner's up prize (he's a serious Douche for that, no one can deny that). He admitted himself that he never wanted to race Yuki ( he wouldn't have won anyway). All he was doing was selfishly using underhanded tactics to force a confession out of Touko. For him, he wanted Touko to side with him instead of Yuki, if that isn't a friendship breaker, I don't know what is. Even Kakeru Touko shippers cannot excuse this crap that he's done.

For Sachi and Hiro, it's pretty much a farce. Hiro likes Sachi, but it's clear to everyone that Sachi doesn't really think of him in that way (though she knows his feelings). Sachi has an unhealthy obsession with Touko, something even I don't understand. She viewed Kakeru's entrance as an unwanted invasion to HER realtionship. She may be saying that she doesn't like him because he's breaking the group up, but let's be honest, she was doing it all for herself. Her admittance that Hiro was her boyfriend was pretty much what you call a "relationship of convenience". She wanted to show the group that she wasn't Yuri, but whenever she has the option of being alone with Touko, she chucks Hiro away immediately. If all of them were such good friends, you wouldn't do that, now would you? Sachi's hate for Kakeru is a personal and selfish thing, and unlike Yuki, she is clearly NOT trying to move on. She want's to ruin things between Kakeru and Touko because she wants Touko to herself. With Touko's vision of Kakeru falling from a high place, it wouldn't surprise me if instead of Yuki being the cause of it, it was actually Sachii who instigated it.
I have a theory that if there were no Kakeru and Sachii found out that Yuki had confessed to/gotten together with Touko, the Sachii and Yuki would no longer be friends anymore. In fact I think she would be trying to pull the same tricks as she was trying this episode to stop them. She is clearly Yandere, with the only thing stopping her from acting is her own poor health.

Hiro is really a sad, sad case. He honestly has pure feelings for Sachii, but found out under the worst circumstances that she never truly likes him in the first place, and that all his previous efforts to win her favor were in vain. She treats him like a tool, and though I don't know to what extent that he understands Sachii's feelings of love for Touko/Hate for Kakeru, I think he's the one that hurts the most in all of this because after her admission, he clearly he knows that he's just been used. Although Kakeru is the obvious spark of the flame that burned down this groups friendship, Sachii is by no means less lethal. I would say her role was the wind that exacerbated the problems within the group.

Yanagi... I really don't know where to begin about her. Her accusation that Kakeru is responsible for Yuki being uncool right now is near impossible to understand. She clearly knows that Touko likes Kakeru, she clearly has no romantic feelings for Kakeru, and she clearly still has hidden feelings for Yuki (which she is trying to hide beneath a facade of "you're still my brother, nothings changed" attitude). Admittedly her screen time since the confession to Yuki has been limited, but in the time that she's shown up it seems like she's either acting normal in front of Yuki, or being angry with the rest of the world. It seems to me that she has a tonne of pent up feelings which she just won't let out. But there will come a time where she will break (if the angry rant this episode wasn't already it).

What I think after her talk with Touko is pretty much that Yanagi is in love with the Yuki who was in love with Touko (this is a concept not foreign to fans of NagiAsu) and yet she also wants Yuki for herself. Her talk with Touko shows that:
(a) She knows that Yuki doesn't have a chance with Touko (not knowing that he's already moving on), given that Touko is obvously in love with Kakeru now (first name basis).
(b) She still has a hope that she herself will have a chance with Yuki (which perhaps she really does), due to (a) above.
However, she doesn't know that she's suddenly gained a whole swim club of rivals for her "Awesome Yuki".
I wonder what she'll do once she finds out that Hina-Chan and her posse are out to gain Yuki-sempai's favor. Perhaps she'll finally be more honest with herself, eh?

Also, the only reason why Yanagi showed up on the beach at the end was because she thought Yuki had left for the beach before she received the message that the beach thing was cancelled, not knowing that he'd already messaged Hiro that he wouldn't make it.

Whoa this post is fuckin epic (in size). But I just wanted to point out that I do not ship, nor do I have an OTP. So please don't make assumptions about me. In fact, I don't really care for any of the characters in this show (outside of Hiro). I'm only watching because I like the art and style/tone of the show (even though those are also apart of the flaws of the show). My post was actually coming at this from the perspective of the group hating "David" as being irrational (I don't like David as a character, I think he's poorly written and has obnoxious traits). But I also didn't feel that in the plot itself, the hate was warranted towards him either (but you don't agree with me on that. As you think David has gone out of his way to not be social, and to single her out). I personally think that is non-sense, he doesn't need to be social with the group. And there is nothing wrong with him hanging out with her on his own. This should have ZERO bearing on the group. And if they are friends with her, they should be okay with members of the group having friends outside the group. This would be more of an issue if Touko was like constantly not hanging out with them anymore, but that's just not true. So really, the hate is more of a reaction to the negative feelings that people in the group have (such as Yuki being rejected by Touko, and Touko liking David instead). That is where a lot of the emotional tension comes from, and really has nothing to do with Touko being friends with someone that isn't apart of the group.

So no, I'm not talking out my ass just because I have a biased view of some pairing that I want to happen. That's not the case at all. I'm totally okay with you disagreeing with me, and saying that I'm wrong. But please give me a little more credit than dismissing my opinion because I'm clearly "shipping". lol

While I agree Yuki has backed off (after he punched David and was a dick), he's also become gloomy and distant emotionally from the rest of the group. Which is understandable. He got rejected for someone he loves, and has to sit around and see another person get with her. That's not fun.

So I'll agree with you guys that I was too harsh with Yuki. Outside of him punching David, he really hasn't been actively doing anything negative. I don't blame you for being harsh about my post, given that I was being overly harsh myself. But it was because of tunnel vision I assure you, and not something silly like shipping.

Your analysis about Hiro and Scahi is pretty crazy though IMO (that you came to the conclusion she 100% does not like him, and Hiro found out the hard way). I feel like you are making a lot of assumptions. But I guess we'll have to wait and see how they play out to see if you are actually right. While I admit I was having a knee jerk and simplified reaction about Yuki, I stand by my statement that what Sachi did was super shitty. There is no justification for it, and she's a terrible person. And I still think most of the turmoil stems from the negative emotional baggage tied to romance, and has really nothing to do with David being sinister and trying to break up the group.

Really, this group is pretty pathetic in how they handle their emotions.

EDIT: Your point about David making the statement to the group at the restaurant is a good point. But I don't think that is enough to warrant the hate Sachi or anyone else feels about him. I mean really, Hiro doesn't hate him. Yana doesn't hate him (she hated that he pulled that crap with the racing, and that he's made Yuki lose his swagger)...but she doesn't outright hate him.

Yuki doesn't like him, and Sachi hates him. I do not think anything David has done at this point warrants hate from Sachi. Sorry. Logically within the plot, I'm not seeing it.

AttackOnWaifuAug 16, 2014 1:50 PM
Aug 16, 2014 1:47 PM

May 2009
AttackOnWaifu said:

Your analysis about Hiro and Scahi is pretty crazy though IMO (that you came to the conclusion she 100% does not like him, and Hiro found out the hard way). I feel like you are making a lot of assumptions. But I guess we'll have to wait and see how they play out to see if you are actually right. While I admit I was having a knee jerk and simplified reaction about Yuki, I stand by my statement that what Sachi did was super shitty. There is no justification for it, and she's a terrible person.

LOL. What makes a person terrible? Just because she used tactics to get Touko back for herself? She herself wasn't willing to admit defeat. How is it any different from any guy or girl fighting for their love. Love is selfish. True, she's fuelled by hate, and she's manipulative, but I don't think it makes her a terrible person. She's just kinda obsessed with Touko as well as the group. She wants her close-knit family to be as that for life, and can't stand the change. She's just a really frightened little girl right now wanting attention. Look at things from her point of view.

And yeah, she'd probably do the same with Yuki x Touko, but in that scenario, it would've been much harder, cos either way, she'd be facing a deteriorating group. If her concern was just the group, she'd have accepted Yuki's feelings. Kakeru was an easier target cos he's an outsider.

I don't particularly think that she has NO feelings for Hiro. She's affectionate towards him, adores him.. but yeah, not "love". She helped him reveal his feelings by saying that he was her "Boyfriend". She wouldn't have said that if she didn't mind and didn't have just the slightest feelings for him. Touko and Sachi are close, and she loves their time. She's also jealous that she was the only one who knew about her "sparkle" and suddenly this random Kakeru guy comes and makes things personal between Touko. Obviously she'd hate him. She's got tunnel vision.. she's not looking at Touko's feelings at all here.
_____ _ _ ______

_____ _ _ ______
Aug 16, 2014 1:54 PM

Apr 2014
Kundalini said:
AttackOnWaifu said:

Your analysis about Hiro and Scahi is pretty crazy though IMO (that you came to the conclusion she 100% does not like him, and Hiro found out the hard way). I feel like you are making a lot of assumptions. But I guess we'll have to wait and see how they play out to see if you are actually right. While I admit I was having a knee jerk and simplified reaction about Yuki, I stand by my statement that what Sachi did was super shitty. There is no justification for it, and she's a terrible person.

LOL. What makes a person terrible? Just because she used tactics to get Touko back for herself? She herself wasn't willing to admit defeat. How is it any different from any guy or girl fighting for their love. Love is selfish. True, she's fuelled by hate, and she's manipulative, but I don't think it makes her a terrible person. She's just kinda obsessed with Touko as well as the group. She wants her close-knit family to be as that for life, and can't stand the change. She's just a really frightened little girl right now wanting attention. Look at things from her point of view.

And yeah, she'd probably do the same with Yuki x Touko, but in that scenario, it would've been much harder, cos either way, she'd be facing a deteriorating group. If her concern was just the group, she'd have accepted Yuki's feelings. Kakeru was an easier target cos he's an outsider.

I don't particularly think that she has NO feelings for Hiro. She's affectionate towards him, adores him.. but yeah, not "love". She helped him reveal his feelings by saying that he was her "Boyfriend". She wouldn't have said that if she didn't mind and didn't have just the slightest feelings for him. Touko and Sachi are close, and she loves their time. She's also jealous that she was the only one who knew about her "sparkle" and suddenly this random Kakeru guy comes and makes things personal between Touko. Obviously she'd hate him. She's got tunnel vision.. she's not looking at Touko's feelings at all here.

Because she took Touko's trust (Touko confiding in her that she was going on a date) and tried to ruin it by planning a trip. In one swoop she betrays her trust, and also tries to sabotage her happiness. That's something a terrible person would do. She also used Hiro to be an accomplice to it (also breaking and abusing his trust).

Regardless what her motivations were, they were selfish. And if you want to play the whole "love makes people jealous" card, it also makes people terrible too it seems. At the end of the day, she makes the choices she makes. Just because you love someone, she still went about it in a very shitty way. I don't really buy the excuse that a person can be pardoned of their terrible behavior because they were motivated by something like love or jealousy. Plenty of people are in love or love other people, and don't pull that crap. Why? Because they aren't terrible lol

Also, I'm not seeing all this time that David is supposedly robbing Touko from the group. They still hang out a lot more together than she does with David. At best, I could see Sachi being mad that the group has the tension that it has. That she doesn't want the group splitting up over some outsider. But the entire group is fuckin petty if they can't handle their own members having friends outside the group.

That's insane.
Aug 16, 2014 3:08 PM

May 2009
AttackOnWaifu said:

Regardless what her motivations were, they were selfish. And if you want to play the whole "love makes people jealous" card, it also makes people terrible too it seems. At the end of the day, she makes the choices she makes. Just because you love someone, she still went about it in a very shitty way. I don't really buy the excuse that a person can be pardoned of their terrible behavior because they were motivated by something like love or jealousy. Plenty of people are in love or love other people, and don't pull that crap. Why? Because they aren't terrible lol

Oh love does make people do terrible things. :)
I guess my argument was hinting at a more philosophical sense on what it means to be terrible. It's relative. Maybe I was a bit too harsh. I'm not saying that what she did was the right thing or the best thing to do. But I give her character some credit. She's so blinded by her feelings that she's abusing the trust of the very people she cares about. And she realises that after Hiro points it out. I may not like her in person if I was around her, but the way she is being shown, I like it, because it shows where she's coming from and how she's molded herself.

In that sense, I like how the characters are being shown, and how this show is not being so overt and splaying out the details of each action. It's making us think about people as they are.

Also, I guess if a person realises what they've done and how they behaved, that's good enough for me to pardon them. Well, let's see how Sachi plays her role here now that she's showed her feelings to Hiro.
_____ _ _ ______

_____ _ _ ______
Aug 16, 2014 3:43 PM

Feb 2012
What the fuck is even going on in this anime?
Aug 16, 2014 10:19 PM

Jun 2009
Hold up.... Touko saw an image of David falling (in the clothes he was wearing that day) and says "let's go to the beach, it's safer. The beach TOMORROW for sure.

Wouldn't simple, flat land be safer for someone in danger of falling? The beach might turn into some Final Destination mess and he drowns instead. And why tomorrow, what's to keep him safe today?

That was so odd. It seemed really out of character for Touko to say Yuki was "hot" too and Hina *facepalm I can't even....I'd ship Hina Yuki though.

Sacchi...I'm glad Hiro left, I would have hated him if he let her use of "boyfriend" sway him into being nasty.

It would take things up a notch if this turned into an "Another"- type horror.
Aug 17, 2014 12:52 AM

Sep 2013
So many edgy people here.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Aug 17, 2014 1:31 AM

Jan 2014
As usual I don't understand what the fuck is happening
Aug 17, 2014 1:59 AM
Aug 2011
Boombawks said:
I don't understand how 1 can like Nagi no Asukara and then not like this lol same shit, this is so cringe worthy and stupid.

Hey now, don't group us all together.
Aug 17, 2014 3:21 AM

Aug 2013
What the actual fuck is even happening in this anime, Why does Kakeru have 2 clones that randomly appear who he talks to! Everyone hates the guy for really stupid reasons, Sacchi hates him because she's in love with Touko, Yanagi hates him because she doesn't find Yukinari attractive? These are all very shallow and stupid reasons and the relationships between all these characters is beginning to make less and less sense. They need to hurry up and explain the god damn visions as well and explain what the hell is going on with Kakeru!
Aug 17, 2014 5:01 AM

Jul 2014
Loads of people still think that Sachi x Hiro is a legit relationship now... LET ME CLEAR THAT UP FRIENDS. Anyone notice how Sachi only called Hiro her boyfriend in front of her mother? And how Hiro was visibly surprised? Obviously Sachi said that in front of her mother so her mother wouldnt ever suspect she had a lesbian crush on Touko.
Also for those who don't think Sachi is going all YuriNator on Touko's ass, it's pretty obvious that she prefers Touko to her supposed "boyfriend" when she lies to Hiro about having tests and basically tells him to f*ck off when she sees Touko in the window. (Not to mention how she blushes whenever Touko talks to her)
Also at the end of the episode when Sachi basically admits she only wanted to go to the beach to ruin Touko & Kakeru's/David's date, Hiro sort of wises up (let's be honest he's not the smartest when it comes to relationships) and realizes Sachi has basically been using this whole time.

AKA Sachi is a manipulative bitch who uses the fact that Hiro is a genuinely nice guy to ruin her Yuri crush's date.

Regardless of all this I can still safely say that I still want Hiro to get the girl etc blah blah blah
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 17, 2014 5:11 AM

Jul 2014
My summary of all the main Glasslip characters so far

Touko = a bit of an idiot & kind of annoying with the "EEEEHHHHHH!?" every five seconds but basically a good person on the inside

Yanagi = mean bitch who hates Kakeru/David for basically no reason

Sachi = Manipulative bitch who plays around with the only 100% decent guy in the series (Hiro) for the sake of her yuri crush (Touko) who will never reciprocate her feelings back.

Kakeru = Socially awkward, a bit confusing, might suffer from mental illness based on the latest episode but genuinely a good person even if he finds it hard to show

Yuki = Gets jealous easily & is annoyed that a guy who's known his crush for like 2 weeks is already deeper in the pussy then him (can't blame him tho) bit of a dick but sort of has his reasons

Hiro = The only 100% good guy in this series that deserves none of this shit thrown his way by the other characters even if he is a bit dense that Sachi is clearly wants to go YuriNator on Touko's ass.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 17, 2014 5:16 AM

May 2012
RetainingEyes said:

Touko = a bit of an idiot & kind of annoying with the "EEEEHHHHHH!?" every five seconds but basically a good person on the inside

Sachi = Manipulative bitch who plays around with the only 100% decent guy in the series (Hiro) for the sake of her yuri crush (Touko) who will never reciprocate her feelings back.

Kakeru = Socially awkward, a bit confusing, might suffer from mental illness based on the latest episode but genuinely a good person even if he finds it hard to show

Yuki = Gets jealous easily & is annoyed that a guy who's known his crush for like 2 weeks is already deeper in the pussy then him (can't blame him tho) bit of a dick but sort of has his reasons

Hiro = The only 100% good guy in this series that deserves none of this shit thrown his way by the other characters even if he is a bit dense that Sachi is clearly wants to go YuriNator on Touko's ass.

There is no yuri in this show.
Aug 17, 2014 6:24 AM
Aug 2013
and there's no explanation for the tear dropping thing that happened, I don't think Touko noticed it either
Suddenly multiple Kakerus. Explanation: needed

"Please stay attractive" that quote alone looks wrong, then you watch the scene with it, looks more wrong cringe worthy really cringe worthy WHAT IS THAT SUPPOSED TO BE? Does imouto like Yuki too??

... the bracelets have shown themselves... soooo they're gonna end up with each other huh.
and he doesn't know what the 'fragments' really know either, so much for being the 'wise' one, Touko's not even making an effort in thinking, her head seems so empty.

I don't think we will get an explanation to any visions at all there are 5 episodes left and more random things just keep piling up. I would be ashamed if I was this show's writer.

I LOVE THE MUSIC THAT CAME ON WHEN YANAGI ENTERED THE BEACH but Yanagi, Yanagi... "It's your fault Yuki isn't attractive anymore" really? really? Yana don't spiral down
Those crows/ravens, they were headed for Touko and Kakeru right, while saying "You're a cute couple" so is she going to destroy both of them??? XD ahahahahaha that would be interesting. Wait, then that doesn't make it a future thing anymore does it, because it happened right there.

ummm about Yanagi being "mean and bitchy" as far as I'm concerned isn't it about what Kakeru said during the supposed race?? (and Touko's really weird that she only cared about it like for a bit) and only then she did became mean and bitchy, she's really nice to practically everyone even to Kakeru at first, but yeah the whole it's Kakeru's fault that Yuki's becoming less attractive is weird and like wtf

and btw
Touko's voice is annoying

so now he's her boyfriend, so why is she hiding him??????????????
Hiro dear, don't come back to her, good job on leaving, but you should have just left without saying anything, I just think it would suit the situation better. and break the "relationship" whatever the f that is.

Characters:
Sachi: get ur shit together. and u deserved that wth
Yuki: hmm forget about Touko, so far he's making sense to me, not at all annoying. The guys are over all better than the girls over all
Hiro: good guy, he just just likes a girl so he's going for it, but why are you hiding, BE A MAN. I hope you don't spiral down after that, things like that make you better go for that path
Yanagi: I like her character just hope she doesn't go down
Kakeru: *cool guy stoic face* ...
(what are you even trying to accomplish, you are definitely the story in this show, weird and all over the place)
Touko: eehh
Aug 17, 2014 8:53 AM

Mar 2012
Why are the main casts' parents all so cool? HAHAHAHA
Sachi you just scarred Hiro for life. Inflicting damage on such a boy. How dare you. You can see though that she regretted(?) it. Seriously though. That was very manipulative of you.
I wasn't expecting that the person beside Okikura on the episode 6 preview was himself. Really. I was like whaaaaat. So he has alter-egos or something like that? Or maybe the other Okikuras just represented his own thoughts.
"Please stay attractive! Please stay attractive!" I laughed. But Hina that was cute ._.b
I don't understand the "It's your fault Yuki isn't attractive anymore." Not one bit. Why is she blaming Okikura for that. Does "attractive" mean confidence/self-esteem? And because Okikura did something (I don't actually know what this something is. Trampling on Yuki's manliness because of taking Touko away from him?), he lost it?
Touko's last vision was intriguing. The ravens just contradicted the "cute couple" statement. Hmm.
Aug 17, 2014 12:19 PM

Jul 2014
Perisher said:
RetainingEyes said:

Its slightly hinted at if you look at Sachi whenever she & Touko are alone.
Aug 17, 2014 12:26 PM

Jul 2014
Otamegane0988 said:
Why are the main casts' parents all so cool? HAHAHAHA
Sachi you just scarred Hiro for life. Inflicting damage on such a boy. How dare you. You can see though that she regretted(?) it. Seriously though. That was very manipulative of you.
I wasn't expecting that the person beside Okikura on the episode 6 preview was himself. Really. I was like whaaaaat. So he has alter-egos or something like that? Or maybe the other Okikuras just represented his own thoughts.
"Please stay attractive! Please stay attractive!" I laughed. But Hina that was cute ._.b
I don't understand the "It's your fault Yuki isn't attractive anymore." Not one bit. Why is she blaming Okikura for that. Does "attractive" mean confidence/self-esteem? And because Okikura did something (I don't actually know what this something is. Trampling on Yuki's manliness because of taking Touko away from him?), he lost it?
Touko's last vision was intriguing. The ravens just contradicted the "cute couple" statement. Hmm.

Bit of a wild guess but i think that perhaps Touko can not only see the future like Kakeru/David can but maybe she can see different outcomes of the future (ie. Kakeru/David falling was only a possible outcome out of many) & maybe she can visualize the truth behind peoples words (ie. when Yanagi said Touko & Kakeru would make a cute couple). its a bit far fetched but hey, Touko is the MC anything could happen

Personally i think this show needs answers like now seeing as we only have 6 episodes left.
Aug 17, 2014 3:13 PM

Dec 2013
This is my first anime that i can understand the plot and the first anime which im at episode 7 and cant remember their names i think the more episodes reveal the plot becomes more strange every episode lets you a question without answer!im the only one who thinks that way?am i so stubborn to not undestand glasslip's logic?
Aug 17, 2014 3:24 PM

Oct 2011
This episode was a bit more promising, but it was very choppy and random too...
Anyways, Sacchi (who I actually like) finally made it to my shit list. Does she really like Hiro or not? She used him, but when he left was she upset that she did wrong, upset over Touko (as usual), or upset over Hiro?
Hiro is the best out of the "main" characters now. Such a sweetheart.
I like the supporting cast more than the main cast overall. (The parents are cool, and the siblings are too).
At first I was skeptical of Touko's sister and Yuki, but the thought sounds actually kinda cute now .They're both athletic, and well, she's more outgoing and isn't as stupid as Touko (God, I hate her lol).
The plural Davids are confusing. At first I thought they were just like his conscience, but now it very well could be something else. Strange.
If Sacchi continues this downward spiral, I'll probably ship Hiro with Yanagai.

Aug 17, 2014 7:02 PM

Jan 2011
First they skip like 5 steps between the episodes, only to go like 7 back.

And Hina was kinda random. Wonder what Yuki thinks of it. Maybe he'll ask Touku wtf that was about. But thats probably too straightforward for this show.

At least they are somewhat moving forward with the "seeing the future" thing.
Aug 17, 2014 7:28 PM

Dec 2012
GlennTT said:
As usual I don't understand what the fuck is happening
:D this all the way!
Aug 17, 2014 8:40 PM

Oct 2011
For a moment I thought Touko would have been taken by the Sea God at the end...The way she ran to the water : 0
Aug 17, 2014 8:41 PM

May 2012
RetainingEyes said:
Perisher said:

If you look for it hard enough you'll find it, but it's not a theme of the show at all.
Aug 17, 2014 11:07 PM

Aug 2013
I think I've reached the tipping point for this show where I just fucking hate it now. For a while I was like "yeaaaa this show kinda blows, but maybe they'll turn it around", but now I've just given up.

First of all, mustache swagger dad...what was with that shoulder rub scene? It was literally like only 12 seconds, why did they find that necessary AS A TRANSITION to the hospital scene?!

Then the bike riding "please stay attractive scene? what.....
If we were to look at that from a logical point of view, it'd be more like "hey my coach told me I don't completely suck dick at running, and his words of encouragement got me to push myself harder than usual and I got tired". Not, "wow I got tired by the pool, I'm so ugly now".

Then the Yana attack of the hungry crows/turns into Itachi scene. I'm not even going to touch that.

So now we find out Okikura is probably a mentally unstable serial killer, and his only way of coping with every day life and girls talking to him is to have a debate with his imaginary doppelgangers. Despite the fact that he went from boring monotone guy to straight up weirdo in a matter of seconds, I still don't understand why literally everyone shits on this kid when he's done nothing wrong. Literally. Nothing.

While I'm still trying to decide which character is going to win worst fucking character of the year award, I'm extremely torn between Sachi and Yuki.

We'll start with Yuki here...how is it humanly possible to have 45 girls that legit want to mate with you, yet you become an emo kid with anger problems because 1 girl rejected you? EVERY single girl that wants his D is so much better looking than Touko too and without the ehhhhhh?????s.

Sachi...scumbag Sachi. As some other commenters have pointed out, it seems possible that she was using Hiro as a middleman to manipulate with her trying to sabotage Okikura and Touko. Was literally "dating" Hiro for less than 24 hours and she's already fucking everything up.

But of course there's Yana this episode too. Why was it necessary to go all the way to the beach to yell at Okikura for more shit he's not responsible for? And just that line too...how is he ugly I DONT UNDERSTAND. It's getting to the point where they aren't even tip-toeing around hating Okikura anymore. The first couple episodes they were like "eh I don't trust this guy, he's an outsider" and it's now progressed to "I HATE HIM HE MAKES YUKI UGLY".

5. more. episodes...

Also unrelated note, I noticed everyone comparing how good the art is to the art from Nagi, and I happened to go back and watch the first episode again the other day, and all I can say is Glasslip's art is so sub-par to Nagi it's not even comparable. It's honestly a joke how mediocre Glasslip's art is.
Aug 17, 2014 11:16 PM

Aug 2013
Perisher said:
RetainingEyes said:

If you look for it hard enough you'll find it, but it's not a theme of the show at all.

It doesn't have to be a "theme" for it to be present. That's like saying Psycho Pass didn't have any romance or yuri in it because it wasn't a main theme of the show.
Aug 17, 2014 11:24 PM

May 2012
Aug 18, 2014 12:25 AM

Jul 2010
Well this anime its a mix of drama and mindfuck
1st she calls him her bf and he rejoices but as she sees touko fell for takeru she decides to break them up bbecause she is seeing all her friends being distant by the appearance of this new guy
2nd she uses him and thi gs don't work the way she spected and it backfires on her when she tells hiro she only wanted to go to the beach to get between touko and kakeru . Hiro seeing he was used he became angry and left because not only was he mad and hurt but the image he had of sacchan shattered before him.
3rd .this event will trigger sacchans condition to worsen and he will blame himself for it and so will touko therefore making her having to choose between keeping her feinedship with the others or stayjng by kakerus side
4th yuuki feels down and it seems the encounter with kakeru ,touko and yana made him looses confidense on himself therefore toukos little sisiter had to intervine and help him see how bad he looked and this made him decide what to go wherever he is seen going on a train to probably train or something like that .
5th the nest episode things would seem to get worse perhaps sacchan will get worse, hiro won't know that to do ,touko will have to make tough choices ,yuuki will train and maybe find himself ,yana will try to look for him and kakeru will probably have to decide which face to use since he apparently has different personalities and his mom seems to have something to disscuss with him.
In the end this anime is a feeltrain of emosions almost like nagi no asukara what does anybody else think.
Aug 18, 2014 5:23 AM

May 2012
supermox said:
Perisher said:

Um, I think you just contradicted yourself with your "There is no yuri in this show".

It's the same reason that people like to think shows like K-on! have yuri. You could interpret it that way if you wear yurigoggles, but it's not actually part of the show.
Aug 18, 2014 7:36 AM

May 2009
I was hoping for sóme answers but I only got more questions.
What the f*ck is going on?

Most of all: Wtf is going on with the guy being "unattractive". What the f*ck does that mean? o_O I'm hoping that was just a bad translation for something like "Please stay confident" or something.
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Aug 18, 2014 9:24 AM

Aug 2011
I can't believe someone is actually discussing something about this episode that made no sense.

» Escapism.

Aug 18, 2014 12:35 PM

Dec 2009
AttackOnWaifu said:
Maerow said:
I've lost any interest in this show.

I just wanna see if Hiro and Sacchan will be happy together.

I love Sacchan even more after what she did, i just hope that Hiro will forgive her.

Why? What she did was petty and immature. Even if her dislike for David is justified (which it isn't), she went behind her friends back to sabotage her happiness all for her own selfish reasons. She's kind of a shitty person. Even Hiro was shaken by this and really let down that she was capable of that and that she would use him to do this.

Amen!

Anyways seriously considering dropping this show. Sacchan just suddenly turned from a girl with a cute little crush on her girl friend to a backstabbing conniving little bitch. Poor Hiro.
And what was up with the "Boyfriend" stuff?
Aug 18, 2014 12:40 PM

Apr 2014
Perisher said:
Close friends + affection ≠ Yuri
if sacchi was gay i think this anime would bump up in score and it will differentiate it from Nagi
Aug 18, 2014 4:59 PM

Oct 2010
I must be the only person who likes Kakeru and think the rest of the gang can suck a dick. You have to have your head pretty far up your ass seeing sparkles to go up to someone you barely know (not to mention who's helped you), slap him, and then blame him for something that your idiot brother decided he couldn't cope with. Since when is blaming other people for our own incompetence acceptable? A pathetic display of judgement.

”雪がかっこわるくなったのはあんたのせい” (It's your fault that Yuki's becoming uncool)

-> Proper reply: "しるもんか。” (Like I give a fuck)
Aug 18, 2014 6:24 PM
Oct 2011
vongolaxsora said:
Well this anime its a mix of drama and mindfuck
1st she calls him her bf and he rejoices but as she sees touko fell for takeru she decides to break them up bbecause she is seeing all her friends being distant by the appearance of this new guy
2nd she uses him and thi gs don't work the way she spected and it backfires on her when she tells hiro she only wanted to go to the beach to get between touko and kakeru . Hiro seeing he was used he became angry and left because not only was he mad and hurt but the image he had of sacchan shattered before him.
3rd .this event will trigger sacchans condition to worsen and he will blame himself for it and so will touko therefore making her having to choose between keeping her feinedship with the others or stayjng by kakerus side
4th yuuki feels down and it seems the encounter with kakeru ,touko and yana made him looses confidense on himself therefore toukos little sisiter had to intervine and help him see how bad he looked and this made him decide what to go wherever he is seen going on a train to probably train or something like that .
5th the nest episode things would seem to get worse perhaps sacchan will get worse, hiro won't know that to do ,touko will have to make tough choices ,yuuki will train and maybe find himself ,yana will try to look for him and kakeru will probably have to decide which face to use since he apparently has different personalities and his mom seems to have something to disscuss with him.
In the end this anime is a feeltrain of emosions almost like nagi no asukara what does anybody else think.

Kinda legit. +1 for you
Aug 18, 2014 8:24 PM
Aug 2011
Watch it for Hiro because he's a bro
Aug 18, 2014 8:29 PM

May 2012
y123y said:
I think everyone would have enjoyed this anime more if they marathon it. This isnt an anime that you watch one episode per week.

I agree. Something about the pacing feels a little awkward.

Moodie said:
Perisher said:
Close friends + affection ≠ Yuri
if sacchi was gay i think this anime would bump up in score and it will differentiate it from Nagi

It would sure make things interesting! This show is already very different to NnA though. As far as PA Works productions go I think it's a lot more like True Tears.
Aug 18, 2014 8:30 PM

Jul 2008
The drama just keeps coming and I don't know where to start 0.0
Aug 18, 2014 11:13 PM
Jan 2014
does anyone know what song kakeru's mom is playing on the piano?

i've tried to find it but it's hard 2 findddddddd
Aug 19, 2014 1:08 AM

Mar 2014
itspauul said:
does anyone know what song kakeru's mom is playing on the piano?

i've tried to find it but it's hard 2 findddddddd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZUw78FXpG4

If you mean the song plays at 3:58 of this episode, it's piano version of ending song.
Aug 19, 2014 7:04 AM

Dec 2013
This is the most bullsh*t anime I have ever watched. NOTHING HAPPENS.
At first 2 episodes I thought that it might be good, sort of like Nagi.
Now... 7 episodes are in... and the only thing I can say is - WTF.
Nothing makes sense! Everyone is hating David for no reason, then Touko is in love with him for no reason, then *what's his face* is now Sachi's boyfriend for no reason... ( ????? ) Things just happen in this show for no reason.
And that scene where that girl chased Yuki to tell him .... not to be ugly........ ( ???????? ) What???????????

Overall, this show is a disaster. I'm only watching it since I endured 7 episodes, so not gonna drop now. But anyone who is looking for a normal LOGICAL show - you came into wrong neighbourhood, bro. Just run. And don't look back.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

» Can someone explain the end ?

Shomix - Dec 5, 2014

22 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

441 by oooo3333 »»
Feb 7, 4:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

179 by oooo3333 »»
May 18, 2023 2:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2014

211 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 2:52 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

153 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 1:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.