Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Aug 22, 2013 6:49 PM
Mar 2013
Diranko said:
JD2411 said:
Diranko said:
He managed to obtain both mine and a mods' account without the details. What IF he gets hold of Xinil's?

You must have accidentally clicked a pop-up at some point. If he could have hacked anyone's account without details, he probably would have got Xinil's before anybody else's
But that would mean Suzune did the same thing, and they weren't even online.

If he had the means to hack anyone without details, he would have hacked more than two people, surely

Aug 2013
"SSJMaster vs. Xinil - A story of epic battles!" oh my god im wh A T

Jul 2012
Come at me, hacker. I've exported everything so I'm not worried if my account get's modified.
Aug 22, 2013 6:50 PM

Jul 2008
Vice979 said:
How did this effect me? I recently made an account and didn't click anything suspicious, yet the same thing happened to me.

The effect aren't account-related but database-related.
Basically it'll affect everyone until it is fixed.

Aug 2013
shiiroyasha said:
"SSJMaster vs. Xinil - A story of epic battles!" oh my god im wh A T
I'm expecting to see characters have their names changed.
Lolis > Everything

Oct 2012
Vice979 said:
How did this effect me? I recently made an account and didn't click anything suspicious, yet the same thing happened to me.

It's happening to everyone, dude.

Anyway, they did this same thing to Rosario + Vampire Capu2, and I WON'T STAND FOR IT!!!
Aug 22, 2013 6:52 PM

Jan 2010
itazuranamelody said:
Anyway, they did this same thing to Rosario + Vampire Capu2, and I WON'T STAND FOR IT!!!

I won't be surprised if every anime gets changed to that. Hopefully it won't happen though.
Aug 22, 2013 6:54 PM

Mar 2013
They did this for The Ideon: Be Invoked, too.
You may be some snooty know-it-all, but I won't just stand there and take this!
Aug 22, 2013 6:55 PM

Jul 2008
Selphie- said:
itazuranamelody said:

I won't be surprised if every anime gets changed to that. Hopefully it won't happen though.

Possible but unlikely.
The hacker isn't changing the entries individually, he's using a bot for it. (Or he's a masochist, because that amount of work is fucking dreadful for a joke).
The reason it didn't touch every anime is very likely related to him being a noob.
Aug 22, 2013 6:55 PM
Jun 2012
A hacker is someone who enjoys playful cleverness—not necessarily with computers. The programmers in the old MIT free software community of the 60s and 70s referred to themselves as hackers. Around 1980, journalists who discovered the hacker community mistakenly took the term to mean “security breaker.”

Please don't spread this mistake. People who break security are “crackers.”
Aug 22, 2013 6:57 PM

Aug 2012
two years ago it was mature stuff, last year or earlier this year it was gory crap.

Jan 2010
Shangetsu said:
Selphie- said:
itazuranamelody said:

Possible but unlikely.
The hacker isn't changing the entries individually, he's using a bot for it. (Or he's a masochist, because that amount of work is fucking dreadful for a joke).
The reason it didn't touch every anime is very likely related to him being a noob.

Oh ok. I guess I missed that when I was skimming through the pages of this thread.

Sep 2008
osmanabi said:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/5391/SSJMaster_vs._Xinil_-_A_story_of_epic_battles!

hahaha LMAO ^-^

...wait what da fu*
http://myanimelist.net/anime/1575/SSJMaster_vs._Xinil_-_A_story_of_epic_battles!
http://myanimelist.net/anime/1535/SSJMaster_vs._Xinil_-_A_story_of_epic_battles!

NOOOOO SCREW U HACKER!!!!! (how DARE YOU!!!!)

I think Light and Lelouch are gonna get pissed. :P
Aug 22, 2013 6:58 PM

Jul 2008
mugimugi said:
TallonKarrde23 said:
Selphie- said:
TallonKarrde23 said:
Wolf-man said:
Ok so I exported my list. Does keep all my stuff from my list? Specifically, start and finish dates and my tags?

Also do we need to change our passwords or are they fine as is?

It's typically a bad idea to change passwords while someone is messing with a website. You usually wait till it's all clear.

Oh it is? I actually...changed mine I hope nothing bad happens uh...

I doubt it matters, this isn't some legit hacker or cracker or anything. So I wouldn't worry about it.

SSJMASTER is some script kiddie who started posting his amateur trojan 10 years ago on some german forum and has been exploiting mainly german forums since then posting violent crap and how great he is. Also used to spam gore pictures and all kinds of gross stuff, also tends to send tons of crappy spam mails.
He should be some kind of 40 years old neckbeard by this time, and judging by the way he's writing he's not just a big troll but also pretty disgusting person.
He used to target childen, animal, girl and anime websites/forums.

You means to tell me he's been trying to exploit security and hacking for over 10 years and he still couldn't manage to configure his bot to change every single entries?
I think we should send him an award for being an idiot.
Aug 22, 2013 7:00 PM

Jul 2008
tuiddlestix said:
Okabe-Rintarou said:
A hacker is someone who enjoys playful cleverness—not necessarily with computers. The programmers in the old MIT free software community of the 60s and 70s referred to themselves as hackers. Around 1980, journalists who discovered the hacker community mistakenly took the term to mean “security breaker.”

Please don't spread this mistake. People who break security are “crackers.”

It's too late, the word is that now.

Pretty much. Vocabulary evolve either in the good or bad way. The terms changed and it's root meaning isn't related much to it anymore. This has been the case at least millions of time since the start of communications between humans.
Aug 22, 2013 7:01 PM

Jul 2008
mugimugi said:
Shangetsu said:
mugimugi said:
TallonKarrde23 said:
Selphie- said:
TallonKarrde23 said:
Wolf-man said:
Ok so I exported my list. Does keep all my stuff from my list? Specifically, start and finish dates and my tags?

It's typically a bad idea to change passwords while someone is messing with a website. You usually wait till it's all clear.

I doubt it matters, this isn't some legit hacker or cracker or anything. So I wouldn't worry about it.

SSJMASTER is some script kiddie who started posting his amateur trojan 10 years ago on some german forum and has been exploiting mainly german forums since then posting violent crap and how great he is. Also used to spam gore pictures and all kinds of gross stuff, also tends to send tons of crappy spam mails.
He should be some kind of 40 years old neckbeard by this time, and judging by the way he's writing he's not just a big troll but also pretty disgusting person.

You means to tell me he's been trying to exploit security and hacking for over 10 years and he still couldn't manage to configure his bot to change every single entries?
I think we should send him an award for being an idiot.

Here's the earliest post I could find.

http://board.gulli.com/thread/282775

He was already called an idiot back then.

Too bad my level of German is void.
Aug 22, 2013 7:01 PM

Aug 2012
Devoting 10 years of his life..for this.
Darwin Award?
Aug 22, 2013 7:02 PM
Feb 2010
Ok one more question. I exported my list after all the hacking changed the stuff to SSJMaster. So when all this gets fixed will I be able to import the list? or should I make not of what changed so I know what to add back. I ask because the exported list still has the SSKMaster when I click the xml file.
Sorry if these seem like obvious questions but I have never done this before so I don't really understand the process.
Aug 22, 2013 7:03 PM

Sep 2009
Wow every single one of my favorite anime was changed. And half of my list. This is annoying.
Feb 2013
I'm hoping you guys can fix this, cause it's serious;y annoying.
Mar 2012
Today my anime stats went from 121,2 days to 99,0.. is this related to this hack?

Nothing else has changed beside this.
Aug 22, 2013 7:04 PM

Apr 2013
Lol the mods are gonna have a hard time even with the threads created :/

Someone who calls himself "master". Seems to me like someone didn't get much attention and feels lonely. Ah well, still appreciate what ya'll mods be doing even if it's not tough :P

Aug 2012
mugimugi said:
He's even bragging about this like "I've been doing this for 10 years and didn't get caught! Whorship me" And then he explains to you how he's going to butcher you sister or anyone you know.
Sounds like a total winner

Jul 2008
Hidden_Joker said:
Devoting 10 years of his life..for this.
Darwin Award?

He should be sentenced.
Not for attempting to hack MAL but rather for being able to do only so little after at least 10 years behind his belt.
Aug 22, 2013 7:05 PM
Jun 2012
mugimugi said:
TallonKarrde23 said:
Selphie- said:
TallonKarrde23 said:
Wolf-man said:

He should be some kind of 40 years old neckbeard by this time, and judging by the way he's writing he's not just a big troll but also pretty disgusting person. Its worth googling his posts if you can read german.

I'd just like to interject for a moment.

What you're referring to as Anime, is in fact, Weaboo/アニメ, or as I've recently taken to calling it, Weaboo plus アニマシオン. Weaboo is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another disgusting component of a fully functioning Loser made useful by the jews, reptillians and grey aliens comprising a full conspiracy as defined by POL.

Many goyim practice a modified version of the weaboo system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of weebawoo which is widely used today is often called "anime", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the jewish plot, developed by the Reptillian overlords.

There really is アニメ, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. アニメ is the kernel: the centre of the system that allocates the goyim's resources to the other merchants that you serve. The kernel is an essential part of control, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete conspiracy. アニメ is normally used in combination with the weebawooismation: the whole system is basically アニメ with weeaboo added, or アニメ/weeaboo. All the so-called "Anime" lovers are really weebs.
Aug 22, 2013 7:07 PM

Aug 2012
Okabe-Rintarou said:
mugimugi said:
TallonKarrde23 said:
Selphie- said:
TallonKarrde23 said:
Wolf-man said:

He should be some kind of 40 years old neckbeard by this time, and judging by the way he's writing he's not just a big troll but also pretty disgusting person. Its worth googling his posts if you can read german.

I'd just like to interject for a moment.

What you're referring to as Anime, is in fact, Weaboo/アニメ, or as I've recently taken to calling it, Weaboo plus アニマシオン. Weaboo is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another disgusting component of a fully functioning Loser made useful by the jews, reptillians and grey aliens comprising a full conspiracy as defined by POL.

Many goyim practice a modified version of the weaboo system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of weebawoo which is widely used today is often called "anime", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the jewish plot, developed by the Reptillian overlords.

There really is アニメ, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. アニメ is the kernel: the centre of the system that allocates the goyim's resources to the other merchants that you serve. The kernel is an essential part of control, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete conspiracy. アニメ is normally used in combination with the weebawooismation: the whole system is basically アニメ with weeaboo added, or アニメ/weeaboo. All the so-called "Anime" lovers are really weebs.
And then there's this guy
Aug 22, 2013 7:07 PM

Aug 2013
Hmmmmm. Steins;Gate isn't showing up in the search anymore (the actual anime, not the movie and special). I already had it in my list, but when i tried to search to add it to favorites, it didn't come up. Could this have something to do with all of this?
Aug 22, 2013 7:08 PM

Jul 2012
Wolf-man said:
Ok one more question. I exported my list after all the hacking changed the stuff to SSJMaster. So when all this gets fixed will I be able to import the list? or should I make not of what changed so I know what to add back. I ask because the exported list still has the SSKMaster when I click the xml file.
Sorry if these seem like obvious questions but I have never done this before so I don't really understand the process.

As long as the anime titles on the site are changed back, your list should be fine.
Aug 22, 2013 7:08 PM

Jul 2008
Wolf-man said:

It depends on how the database is made but if it's done in a professional fashion then it should be ok.
Basically the site will verify if the entry exist before adding it and since there will be an entry with the same ID in the database it'll create the entry in your list with the current information at the moment of the page (basically if you import it after it's fixed, it should be fine).
Aug 22, 2013 7:09 PM

Jul 2012
Vice979 said:
Hmmmmm. Steins;Gate isn't showing up in the search anymore (the actual anime, not the movie and special). I already had it in my list, but when i tried to search to add it to favorites, it didn't come up. Could this have something to do with all of this?

Well, yeah 'cause the title's been edited. If you want to find it easily, I'd just go to the top Anime page and find it there. Otherwise, google.
Aug 22, 2013 7:09 PM

Sep 2009
Vice979 said:

The name was changed probably....
Aug 22, 2013 7:10 PM
Feb 2010
Shangetsu said:
Wolf-man said:

It depends on how the database is made but if it's done in a professional fashion then it should be ok.
Basically the site will verify if the entry exist before adding it and since there will be an entry with the same ID in the database it'll create the entry in your list with the current information at the moment of the page (basically if you import it after it's fixed, it should be fine).

Ok thanks.
Aug 22, 2013 7:10 PM

Sep 2008
Vice979 said:

I found it here: http://myanimelist.net/anime/9253/SSJMaster_vs._Xinil_-_A_story_of_epic_battles!
Aug 22, 2013 7:12 PM
Aug 2013
This keeps popping up instead of the animes titles.
SSJMaster vs. Xinil - A story of epic battles!
and under synopis is
Man proposes, SSJMaster disposes.
and alot more other stuff is messed up on the link.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/5079/SSJMaster_vs._Xinil_-_A_story_of_epic_battles!
Daken1Aug 22, 2013 7:16 PM
Aug 22, 2013 7:12 PM

May 2012
It's pretty damn sad when you have to stoop to hacking an anime community. If you're going to hack a site to make yourself feel better, go for something a little more...prestigious.

Always the same old taste, just new injury
Well I'll wear the claws if you'd like that
Aug 22, 2013 7:13 PM

Aug 2013
MasterJ633 said:
Vice979 said:

I found it here: http://myanimelist.net/anime/9253/SSJMaster_vs._Xinil_-_A_story_of_epic_battles!

It would be one of the ones changed. -_- I can't wait until this is resolved.
Aug 22, 2013 7:14 PM
Jan 2010
hahahahaha lmao!
Aug 22, 2013 7:14 PM

Feb 2011
I signaled 2 Anime Profile that has been changed earlier, mysteriously these animes are now in my Favorite : / That's kinda scary.
Forever Berserk
Aug 22, 2013 7:16 PM

Jul 2008
TBSM said:
I signaled 2 Anime Profile that has been changed earlier, mysteriously these animes are now in my Favorite : / That's kinda scary.

A hacker changed the information on some anime page. You can't do anything but wait for it to be fixed.
Aug 22, 2013 7:16 PM
May 2013
This just sucks :( I'll be watching anime till it's fixed and I suggest you all either do the same or something else to preoccupy yourselfs
Aug 22, 2013 7:17 PM

May 2012
Pat_To_Do-List said:
It seems my anime list are invaded by a few anime shows called SSJMaster vs. Xinil - A story of epic battles!.

Am I horrible for finding this entertaining? And, exactly what's going on here? Is this connected with the person trying to steal accounts?

edit: http://myanimelist.net/profile/SSJmaster
BayrockAug 22, 2013 7:21 PM

Aug 2013
FugitiveSoul said:
This just sucks :( I'll be watching anime till it's fixed and I suggest you all either do the same or something else to preoccupy yourselfs

Well, time for another anime marathon then.

Jun 2007
The thing is, even with what he's doing - unless you're one of the few that was banned when he had a mod account or someone whose account he got, you can still use the entire site like normal. Even the list updating works just fine - all he changed was the titles.
Aug 22, 2013 7:18 PM

Jul 2008
Bayrock said:
Pat_To_Do-List said:
It seems my anime list are invaded by a few anime shows called SSJMaster vs. Xinil - A story of epic battles!.

Am I horrible for finding this entertaining? And, exactly what's going on here? Is this connected with the person trying to steal accounts?

-You aren't horrible, I find it amusing.
-It's very unlikely related to the person that steal accounts. This is most likely done by SQL injections or any other method with similar result.
Aug 22, 2013 7:19 PM

Sep 2009
I hope his mom remembers to bring food down to the basement for him. He's been doing a lot today.
Aug 22, 2013 7:20 PM

Jul 2008
TallonKarrde23 said:
The thing is, even with what he's doing - unless you're one of the few that was banned when he had a mod account or someone whose account he got, you can still use the entire site like normal. Even the list updating works just fine - all he changed was the titles.

You do not need an admin account to modify the database, there's some way to access it by injecting SQL request in one way or another. There's also other way to go around it like making the site think you are an admin while you are not.
Aug 22, 2013 7:20 PM

Mar 2012
TallonKarrde23 said:
Yup. It's really not that big a deal, for all the fuss.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Aug 22, 2013 7:21 PM

Jul 2008
NaoiSama said:
I hope his mom remembers to bring food down to the basement for him. He's been doing a lot today.

He probably put a keylogger on his mom's comp and 'hacked' her bank account and having pizza delivered to him atm.

Jun 2007
Shangetsu said:
TallonKarrde23 said:

You do not need an admin account to modify the database, there's some way to access it by injecting SQL request in one way or another. There's also other way to go around it like making the site think you are an admin while you are not.

I'm not sure what you're talking about, as I never even was talking about how he modified the database.

I'm simply saying : anyone that still has their account access has no problems, you can do everything as normal - it's just a little harder to find anime to update it. The guy's "hack" is essentially doing absolutely nothing whatsoever.

Sep 2008
NaoiSama said:

I couldn't resist: http://youtu.be/ust_Er_oX5A?t=4s
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Summer Stack Challenges 🎾 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Jul 30

314 by FreckledFreckle »»
4 hours ago

» MAL Game "Fantasy Anime League" Opens for Fall 2024 ( 1 2 3 )

Kineta - Sep 12

106 by MistyBlue »»
9 hours ago

» MAL Game "Fantasy Anime League" Opens for Spring 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kineta - Mar 17

156 by badabass »»
Sep 17, 5:59 PM

» Join MAL's Moderator Team!

Kineta - Sep 12

0 by Kineta »»
Sep 12, 7:26 PM

» Related Anime/Manga Section Changes ( 1 2 3 )

Kineta - May 23

124 by Chronowarp »»
Sep 10, 5:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.