Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Oct 2, 2:55 PM
Sep 2018
90 Minutes of getting back in the flow n now I have to suffer and wait for a whole week to see how this banger continues
Oct 2, 3:02 PM
Jan 2021
Comander-07 said:
First reaction, barely a minute in, damn the animation quality is worse than it was 8 years ago. Nothing major, but smaller details are just.. less good. (Look at subaru running in the distance for example, right at the start). Especially noticable during all the panning shots, I hope this gets fixed up in a future BD release/directors cut or whatever. S1 and S2 did not have these quality issues, but I feared this would happen sooner or later.

I also feel like Im going crazy as I literally just finished my rewatch of the earlier seasons but does Beako speak slightly different now? Her tone is a bit off.

But enough nitpicking! I absolutely love how Beako just almost sits in Subarus lap, as if it was the natural thing to do.
Since last seasons Echidna shared the VA with a certain loli vampire, this almost counts as a reference lol. Emotional support loli spirit!

Animation is similar if not better than season 1. Clean your eyes man. The Art Style is different, but thats not the same as the animation. This Season will easily surpass the first one in that regard
Oct 2, 3:05 PM

Dec 2020
Overall, I love this meta of starting seasons with a big hour-long premiere like Oshi no ko has done. The animation this season was amazing to watch all the way until the end with the long speech, which made me anxious as I wondered WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING!? I'm ready to lock in this season and prepare for all the twists that might unfold. Good luck Suburu! ALSO, WELCOME BACK MY QUEEN EMILIA!!!

Oct 2, 3:12 PM

Sep 2014
Reply to OpGod7393
@Comander-07 bro s2 looked awful, stiff models, off shots and barely any movement. Did we even watch the same episode? There’s so much character acting and lively animation. Nitpicking a few distance and panning shots which always look off in the best produced anime is crazy. This is easily on par with s1 for animation quality. And this is a 90 min setup episode that’s lower priority when compared to the rest of the season

If you think s2 didn’t look off nearly every frame idk what to tell you. This ep looked great for what it was
@OpGod7393 I literally just finished rewatching season 2 5 minutes before starting this. It did not look as bad as this.
The issue is mostly that sloppy frames which are usually just background art get used for long panning shots this anime loves to do. They simply had less ugly characters in the background when they did these panning shots in earlier seasons.

It is more "dynamic" but the quality of the art got worse. Uneven head sizes, just weird proportions, inconsistent use of outlines and just a lot of bad background art.

Even during the very first 30 seconds, when subaru is running towards the screen, he does not get closer at all, just stays at the same spot and of course the art is just terrible. This is early 2000 level of animation.

I have hopes the rest of the season will look better and they simply did not have the necessary time for higher quality standards since this was an insanely overlength eoisode.

Im not nitpicking a few scenes, this was noticable throughout the entire episode. It would be quicker to list the scenes which did not have bad quality art.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Oct 2, 3:18 PM

Sep 2014
Reply to MajoTenshi
@OpGod7393 Yeah s2 looked awful, this isn't even subjective lmao. It had it's small moments but I genuinely can't believe there's anyone who would say that s3 looks worse for animation. Also Subaru running in the back was a repeated frame that just shows the distance since the camera panned far away. The parkour scene looked good and the rest of the episode maintains that. There's always someone there to criticize the animation quality even if it's good though lol. The whole panning shot thing doesn't make much sense either since they look fine, but that's usually how they are. Not super detailed or anything, and I don't even think anything happens to the animation for those, just small art changes that make the characters faces less detailed since they're shown at a distance
@MajoTenshi This isnt good quality compared to a season which is almost a decade older though.

If you have lower standards for whats considered "good" thats fine.

The panning shots definitely are lower quality than before and also not "how they are usually done".

There are 3 full seconds of subaru beeing awfully drawn and not moving at all, while beeing at the center of the frame and attention during the first 30 seconds already. This does not qualify as "good" to me.
Oct 2, 3:19 PM

Sep 2014
Reply to AshTheChamp
Comander-07 said:
First reaction, barely a minute in, damn the animation quality is worse than it was 8 years ago. Nothing major, but smaller details are just.. less good. (Look at subaru running in the distance for example, right at the start). Especially noticable during all the panning shots, I hope this gets fixed up in a future BD release/directors cut or whatever. S1 and S2 did not have these quality issues, but I feared this would happen sooner or later.

I also feel like Im going crazy as I literally just finished my rewatch of the earlier seasons but does Beako speak slightly different now? Her tone is a bit off.

But enough nitpicking! I absolutely love how Beako just almost sits in Subarus lap, as if it was the natural thing to do.
Since last seasons Echidna shared the VA with a certain loli vampire, this almost counts as a reference lol. Emotional support loli spirit!

Animation is similar if not better than season 1. Clean your eyes man. The Art Style is different, but thats not the same as the animation. This Season will easily surpass the first one in that regard
@AshTheChamp I cleaned my eyes, it still looks worse. Both artstyle and animation.

@casual42 right? But apparently we are wrong for calling it out.
Oct 2, 3:20 PM
Oct 2022
THIS IS CINEMA!!!
Oct 2, 3:44 PM

Jun 2024
Beautiful premiere of this season, kind of hyped to see Emilia continue to develop and grow as a character!
Oct 2, 3:52 PM
Nov 2011
Gonna take time getting used to this new art style, some frames definitely had cut corners, and proportions are inconsistent on some scenes, but when it matters, they absolutely nail it. Episode itself was amazing, great pacing, great set up, great premise, god I just love re:zero
Oct 2, 3:53 PM

Oct 2012
I was actually looking forward to this season but I never thought this first episode/movie would be so bad.

They conveniently got all together to please the fans, even though some characters had no reason to be there.
Convenient japanese ryoukan felt like another fanservice - at this point they could bring whatever call it metia.
90 minutes but it was mostly boring parade of all relevant characters.

Their conversations got also convoluted, especially the one with Heinkel and the following one with Julius.
Like what's the point?

Sirius fails as villain and her voicing was nothing compared to Matsuoka, even though her VA is Anzai Chika.
Seem like directing problem - Shinohara Masahiro has very little experience and it shows.

Add rather annoying new cast like Kiritaka, Liliana or Chin and you are already asking yourself whether the premise of watching them for the next 15 episodes is some sort of torture.
We also have Crusch who completely lost her appeal, invisible Felix or insipid Otto.
Even reappearace of Felt felt pretty uneventful, waste of potential.

The only worthy interactions were with Subaru and Beatrice yet at this point it almost feels like they are beating the loli trope to death...

Man, the hype went down the drain pretty quickly, at this point I even wonder whether to watch this season or not.
People shits on Mushoku Tensei but in reality, even with its share of problems, it has better writing than this.

After all this, I really lost my interest to watch following episodes, even though I know this was basically just starting setup...
Oct 2, 4:07 PM

Jan 2019
Reply to Mich666
I was actually looking forward to this season but I never thought this first episode/movie would be so bad.

They conveniently got all together to please the fans, even though some characters had no reason to be there.
Convenient japanese ryoukan felt like another fanservice - at this point they could bring whatever call it metia.
90 minutes but it was mostly boring parade of all relevant characters.

Their conversations got also convoluted, especially the one with Heinkel and the following one with Julius.
Like what's the point?

Sirius fails as villain and her voicing was nothing compared to Matsuoka, even though her VA is Anzai Chika.
Seem like directing problem - Shinohara Masahiro has very little experience and it shows.

Add rather annoying new cast like Kiritaka, Liliana or Chin and you are already asking yourself whether the premise of watching them for the next 15 episodes is some sort of torture.
We also have Crusch who completely lost her appeal, invisible Felix or insipid Otto.
Even reappearace of Felt felt pretty uneventful, waste of potential.

The only worthy interactions were with Subaru and Beatrice yet at this point it almost feels like they are beating the loli trope to death...

Man, the hype went down the drain pretty quickly, at this point I even wonder whether to watch this season or not.
People shits on Mushoku Tensei but in reality, even with its share of problems, it has better writing than this.

After all this, I really lost my interest to watch following episodes, even though I know this was basically just starting setup...
@Mich666 "Media Literacy"

It's funny how everything you said is objectively wrong.

But the series in your favorites actually has these mistakes ten times more.

But I don't expect Rem fans to understand Re:Zero. Drop it and never come back.
G.O.A.T Twitter Account: https://x.com/Okeanix1
Oct 2, 4:14 PM

Oct 2023
It was a good idea to make the first episode that long. We saw cute and heartwarming moments. I really like the new relationship between Beatrice and Subaru. The final part made me feel nostalgic, bringing back memories of what Subaru had to suffer to reach this point, and now a new encounter begins.
Oct 2, 4:23 PM
Jul 2016
Overall it's very good, but I really don't like the inconsistencies in the facial image of Emilia's character.Why is Emilia's face so bad, I prefer the pictures of Emilia's face in seasons 1 and 2.
Oct 2, 4:30 PM

Dec 2018
what a way to open up the season; that witch of wrath is creepy as hell and I hope subaru can get something done in time to stop her. unfortunately, by the time he got back she might have already taken the kid.
Oct 2, 4:52 PM

Jan 2019
Reply to StateofOhayo
what a way to open up the season; that witch of wrath is creepy as hell and I hope subaru can get something done in time to stop her. unfortunately, by the time he got back she might have already taken the kid.
@StateofOhayo "Archbishop of Wrath"

Witches are dead except Pandora (Vainglory).
G.O.A.T Twitter Account: https://x.com/Okeanix1
Oct 2, 4:53 PM
Mar 2021
The Greatest of All Time, has came back
Oct 2, 4:56 PM

Jan 2024
I looked at the rating and was like wtf why is this so high..
After watching now I understand. Great premier. 1.5 hr kinda dragged but ending was so worth it.

Ram to Subaru "Pervert".. perfect start.
I watched it very recently so it wasn't that long for me but nice to see Felt, Reinhardt, Anastasia and Priscilla(ugh) back. Specially Felt who didn't got any screentime since first incident. She has made some progress and looks somewhat like a candidate. This Liliana girl seems quite decent too.

Great that my best girl(and boy) again.

Crusth has really suffered a lot due to Gluttony I hope both she and Subaru get their due revenge this season.
Astrea family drama was intresting at start but got bit boring, that piece of shit father made worse(that was the point).
I rather preferred more Willam and Theresa backstory. Whatever.
Garfiel insecurity kinda valid Elsa died due to Rizz/love??. His mother side plot will be interesting aswell.

The entire episode was so chill(mostly) Subaru having good time then in the end...
Typical ReZero I thought Subaru gonna die less from now on well... Poor little boy though.
Sirius looks another messed up threat let's see how he counters after god knows how many attempts.
WaterMageOct 2, 11:03 PM
Oct 2, 4:58 PM
Apr 2021
ikuzoooo HYPE HYPE HYPE !!!! score is to high and hype
Oct 2, 5:02 PM
Feb 2022
What a pleasure the French episode is

I can't wait to see what happens next, it's going to be a waiting game every week.

It was a good idea to make the first episode that long, I'm less satisfied.
fortunately this season, there's plenty of good anime to keep you waiting
Sveinn1Oct 2, 5:05 PM
Oct 2, 5:03 PM
Aug 2017
Great start to the new season. A first half that helps put together what we had to remember through a nicely done intrigue that serves to move the story forward while piecing a bit of everything back after such a long time. And the second half continues in that direction while adding that sense of tension that is so familiar in this show.
Oct 2, 5:18 PM
Sep 2017
100% cinema.

That was a beautiful first episode, and I can't wait to see the 2nd episode, ending left me EAGER to see what will happen after.
Oct 2, 5:19 PM
Jul 2024
Damn! Is that how Wrath attacks? Makes you a captive audience & than whatever happens her victims happens to the viewers?! WICKED. I thought she was going to jump with the kid, not just through him off the Tower. And then the heads...
Oct 2, 5:20 PM

Jun 2021
Reply to Okeanix
@Mich666 "Media Literacy"

It's funny how everything you said is objectively wrong.

But the series in your favorites actually has these mistakes ten times more.

But I don't expect Rem fans to understand Re:Zero. Drop it and never come back.
@Okeanix It's genuinely hilarious how consistently you can click on these people's profiles and instantly find Rem. I swear to god, the new season could literally drop JJK s2 level animation, and they would still somehow unironically think the animation has gotten worse, just because their rem bias is so stupidly strong.
Oct 2, 5:22 PM
Sep 2022
PEAK PEAK PEAK
gorgeous tiger introduced (is from vol 17 but they rearranged it, makes sense), peak wilhelm and juilius sccenes, cute SOL scenes (mostly betty), sirius introduction was peak theatrical malice cinema
Oct 2, 5:27 PM
Dec 2020
Wow! That was freaking legit.
The first episode was so cinematic. The drama, the fantasy, the cliffhanger...
Oh my God, you have no idea what awesome it is. I can't wait for the next episode.
Oct 2, 5:32 PM
Aug 2020
HOLY FUCKING SHIT, THOSE FINAL 10 MINUTES WERE ABSOLUTELY HORRIFYING. WHITE FOX REALLY OUTDONE THEMSELVES THIS EPISODE!!!
Oct 2, 5:34 PM

Aug 2021
as expected, white fox did a perfect job adapting the beginning of this arc. very happy they went with a 90 minute special that way we could get all the set up done in one shot and leave off right when the action is really getting ready to start. i'm very excited to see how they continue to adapt this action packed arc and how they portray sirius and their actions. so far, it looks like they're gonna do a perfect job with all the crazy stuff that's about to happen
Oct 2, 5:36 PM

Apr 2015
No way this was 1 hours and 30 minutes. It was so fast.
I missed so much the characters and the world. That last minutes gave me chills it was so well done, Sirius voice acting was perfect.

Also the new OP is great.
ScarRufusOct 2, 5:41 PM
Oct 2, 5:40 PM
Jul 2022
Holy ending, I really thought that the characterization was off man. Also Rem best girl.
Oct 2, 5:43 PM

Mar 2014
that was an actual Theatrical Evil, as the episode says...
I couldn't expect what would have happened at the end of the episode and that was pure Evil!

only 15 episodes left though but this was way too creepy for the 1st one
Oct 2, 5:59 PM
Nov 2019
The first chapter was getting boring and everything was fixed in the last 10 seconds when everyone died xd
Oct 2, 6:02 PM
Nov 2016
It was a nice 1st episode but I feel like not much happened, I mean, for an episode that is 1 hour and 30 minutes long, not much really happened here, shit started happening in the last couple of minutes as usual, but what the hell, I'm still looking forward to it.

Can't believe how Reinhard's dad got bitch slapped and manhandled like that by that other girl he is serving, can't even remember her name since I don't care about her at the moment, but I guess that other girl is pretty damn strong if she can bitch slap and manhandle a member of the Van Astrea family like that. The Van Astrea family has issues like the Todoroki's family in MHA so I like that so far, I guess Reinhard's dad is like Endeavor, a character you will hate in the beginning but as the story progresses, you will start loving him and I'm looking forward to it, he didn't leave a good impression though, I mean getting bitch slapped and manhandled like that was rough, but he has plenty of time to grow so I'm looking forward to it.

And what's up with the rating? that rating is inflated as usual, happens all the time with popular animes that start airing, happened with Steins;Gate 0, and a couple of other animes already so take the rating with a grain of salt.

The OP song is pretty good, this anime never disappoints when it comes to anime OPs and EDs, they are all good.
Oct 2, 6:06 PM

Feb 2020
An hour and a half episode? Absolute cinema
Oct 2, 6:14 PM
Jan 2024
RE ZERO IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FUCK YEAH

ARC 5 START LETS FUCKING GOOOOO

Oct 2, 6:18 PM
Jun 2017
I have already watched it in August, then i watched again. I loved this episode. I wish all episodes were 90-min long. The art style also pleased me, and the animation has just a few and insignificant goofy frames that did not made the experience of watching the episode bad. I'm anxious for the next episode.
Oct 2, 6:19 PM
Jul 2020
incredible. anime of the year
Oct 2, 6:26 PM

Mar 2020
Re:Zero is back this Fall season! Amazing as always. So the latest episode is 51.

Kid falling head first in a tall building and everyone's head just exploded or crushed. How sickening, good luck Subaru-kun.
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Oct 2, 6:30 PM

Jul 2024
What a great way to start the season. A 90 minute episode of mostly catching up and showing a big cast of the characters, and then having the shock ending
Oct 2, 6:30 PM
Feb 2022
Poor subaru it's really going to be hell
how lucky for me not to have read the novel and to be able to discover everything
Oct 2, 7:13 PM

Apr 2022
well this is back and i actually forgot a few of the characters existed but at least liliana gave a mini-recap, oh and ofc we got another loli lmao. hope subaru and emilia get some nice moments. although i'm not really looking forward to the creep who bumped into emilia, i think he appeared before unless that was someone else who looks similar, can't remember. garfiel was easily the best part of the episode, glad he got a friend let's see where his arc goes with his mom. the bandaged chick was another creep, was a nice day for subaru but he's back in a tight spot now.
Oct 2, 7:29 PM
Apr 2021
Very complete reintroduction to the story. Plenty of contextualization of the universe and characters (due to time, many may have forgotten) which brings curiosity about the plots that will be worked on. Absolute cinema
Oct 2, 7:31 PM
Apr 2022
We are so fucking back
Oct 2, 7:38 PM
May 2022
I can’t enjoy s3 with this couple when rem is sleeping ugh
And psycho begins
But I love to see more from Julius und Richard 💜♥️
Oct 2, 8:01 PM
Feb 2021
the final is heavy
Oct 2, 8:10 PM
Jul 2022
Yup still my number one favorite anime
Oct 2, 8:15 PM
Aug 2022
The leaked episode finally aired but it definitely did damage to the production house a lot.
Oct 2, 8:25 PM

Apr 2009
Didn't know this was going to be 1 1/2 hrs so I thought it was going to be epic, but it was mostly just a low key reunion that was fun & familiar but nothing special. To be fair after the grueling second season they deserved at least a little downtime.

Also I just marathoned this series for the first time this year, so it might have had more impact if I'd waited years for these reunions instead of a couple months.

At least we have a lot of key characters gathered together in one place with the Witch Cult ready to make a move so it should get exciting now that the calm before the storm is out of the way.

Oct 2, 8:33 PM
Mar 2024
Great. Anime only's dont know the masterpiece of arc 6!
Oct 2, 8:36 PM

Dec 2020
uuuuuugh that ending was so messed up 😨
Oct 2, 8:37 PM
Jul 2020
REZERO IT'S BACK BABYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 3rd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Softhenic03 - Oct 16

172 by Okeanix »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Boring, generic program with no good animation?

Ba-Cii10 - Yesterday

43 by Analyzer404 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » How much does the mistranslation “waifu” bother you?

someone324 - Oct 16

31 by blitz115 »»
6 hours ago

» The "waifu" mistranslation is awful wrong

past_feelings - Oct 16

21 by MadanielFL »»
6 hours ago

» Low IQ re zero fandom

Sahil_k - 12 hours ago

25 by -DxP- »»
10 hours ago

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.