Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jul 4, 2023 10:09 PM
Mar 2022
i loved the camera angles and the 3d style too looks good even Ai looks cute her voice is just so cute overall it was a good start
Jul 4, 2023 10:23 PM
Jun 2023
goofy ah animation
Jul 4, 2023 11:04 PM
Dec 2022
Bro who gave the animators steroids
Jul 4, 2023 11:06 PM
Oct 2019
LET GOHANDS COOK!!

Bruhh how bad is her eyesight though? 
as a glasses user myself, i can't relate to her at all.
Jul 4, 2023 11:07 PM
Aug 2019
ES EL ROMCOM DE LA SISON ES TREMENDAMENTE GOOOOODDDD
Jul 4, 2023 11:21 PM

Jan 2020
Art is actually very nice, but some of the camera angles seem weird. Male mc seems like a far more annoying version of the mc of Dangers in My Heart. Oh well, let’s see how this ends up
Jul 4, 2023 11:33 PM
Jul 2023
poor animation but good history
Jul 4, 2023 11:34 PM

Feb 2020
This first episode is so dramatic 😭 I have no idea whats up with the animation, like was animating every single god damn hair strand for slight movement that necessary 😭 Those weird ass angles too, like why??? I'm not saying it's bad but it's certainly... ambitious.

And also, why does the male lead always react so dramatically??? Ain't nothing happening bro you don't have to react so much 😭
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 4, 2023 11:49 PM

Jan 2018
I'll be honest. The only reason I'm checking out this anime is that I liked the character design of the main heroine Mie on the key visual. Otherwise, I really don't care about most seasonal romcoms.

Her design vaguely reminded me of another character I loved. But judging by the first episode, their personalities couldn't be more different.

First episode was okay. The CGI was... definitely "unique." But I love the way Mie's hair was animated. I guess Mie will be the only reason I'll keep coming back to this series.
Jul 5, 2023 12:00 AM

Oct 2018
Really enjoyed seeing the unique camera angles and perspectives, I wish this was something that was done more often. Also made me think that I don't recall seeing a grass running track before in an anime.

Feb 2019
The animation and CGI are all over the place, this sucks.

The only thing better than anime is anime with snacks.

Jun 2023
I love those camera angles and animation
Jul 5, 2023 12:07 AM

Nov 2007
jsooka said:
like was animating every single god damn hair strand for slight movement that necessary

Her hair is a big thing in the manga as well so it's understandable for the studio to dedicate a fair chunk of their budget towards animating it. Wish they had done a bit of a better job with it (Kyoani simply are the masters at animating hair properly)

jsooka said:
And also, why does the male lead always react so dramatically???

Yeah I see where you're coming from with this. I'm so used to it that it doesn't bother me anymore. I chalked it up as him being very young (I think 13-14 so beginning of puberty), being extremely infatuated and not used to being in such close proximity to a girl either. As far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong) the japanese are very keen at keeper their personal space in check, especially if it's with the other gender. But it is something that western audiences can't fully relate to so I just got used to it. Since I have no actual frame of reference this might also just be "Anime"

Now for the episode itself:
It adapted Chapter 1,2,3,5 and 14. The first few are longer chapters but 14 is a very short one (the scene at the end where she wears contacts). I bring this up because the manga has 101 chapters but A LOT of them are like 4-5 pages each so we may even be in for a semi-full adaption up to the current chapter which would be great.
The animation was well done in some parts and overdone in others I feel. I absolutely give them credit for going the extra mile on so many things like not using cgi crowds and even animating background characters in scenes where the focus is on the main characters, it makes the scenes feel more alive. You could propably animate two episodes with the amount of unique Key-frames that the "tracking" shots in the beginning had and that is certainly something to aknowledge but at the same time I wonder if a little less of that and a little more fluid hair would've been a better compromise. Overall it was good though with a few hitches here and there.
Story is very minimal at this point. Mie-chan is an absolute oddball and the episode is trying to hammer this point home quite hard. She also comes of as a bit helpless and all over the place which makes you want to help her. There's a lot more cute stuff to come and I hope you give it a fair shot. It will be absolutely diabetus inducing though.

ALSO don't get bogged down by "How does she keep forgetting her glasses" it doesn't hold up in court at all and should be a non-issue (it's mentioned in episode 1 that she lives very close to school so she can autopilot to school or something but it's never mentioned that she can just get the glasses during breaks). I see it as a means to quickly form a bond that would normaly take a lot longer and is also somewhat more intimate(?)

Jul 5, 2023 12:08 AM
May 2020
Interested as to whether this develops past the standard romcom affair. and the weird camera is leading to a lot of unintentional dutch angles.
Jul 5, 2023 12:28 AM
May 2023
Amber_4shenfell said:
Interested as to whether this develops past the standard romcom affair. and the weird camera is leading to a lot of unintentional dutch angles.
it's actually pretty generic as by standard romcom affair
Jul 5, 2023 12:30 AM
May 2020
komaru doesnt know how to act around mie haha
Jul 5, 2023 12:43 AM

Apr 2015
Obviously super out there visually

I do appreciate experimental animation but not sure this is experimental intentionally, nor if it fits the tone of the content
Though of course the animation itself is mostly just conventionally pretty, it's just superimposed on really over the top camera work, effects and strange pacing
Jul 5, 2023 1:16 AM
May 2020
bigblackchuakz said:
Amber_4shenfell said:
ah oof. might continue onwards but if it doesn't actually do anything with the formula other than give the cameraman shots of tequilla between each shot yeah this won't be for me
Jul 5, 2023 1:22 AM

Feb 2022
Aghhh so warm & cozy~
Jul 5, 2023 1:33 AM
Dec 2022
This anime is very cute tbh
Jul 5, 2023 1:55 AM

Nov 2021
The extreme camera angles look awful and it would've been much better without them. That girl must be legally blind if she literally can't see anything even up close
Jul 5, 2023 2:48 AM

Dec 2019
Honestly compared to my other experience with GoHands anime (Handshakers) this was so much more manageable visuals wise, and I'm glad it somewhat calmed down with the crazy camera angles as the episode progressed. I'm definitely not the demographic for this anime but it was kinda cute, and it seems like it'll be somewhat comfy watching for the season.
Jul 5, 2023 2:56 AM
May 2021
SOOYBOOOYYY!!!!🗣️🗣️🗣️🔥🔥🔥
Jul 5, 2023 2:58 AM
Sep 2018
i knew it. this cute manga was going to get a Hand shakers-like adaptation and I was not wrong. what is going on with the camera and the cgi? those weird camera angles serve no purpose and are done to make it seems like good animation while in reality it's pretty meh. Dear reader, go check the manga instead :3
Jul 5, 2023 3:12 AM

Mar 2018
I am stumped how many folks like this anime's animation

Like I am happy the calling out of the ridiculous perspectives, but goodness gracious how can yall like the animation. Have you seen the fucking hair?
Jul 5, 2023 3:29 AM
Oct 2022
This is frictional , please  don't place yourself as the mc
Jul 5, 2023 3:36 AM
May 2023
I feel the show relies a bit too much on 3D surroundings, I liked the 2D art and the concept though
Jul 5, 2023 4:54 AM
May 2023
Amber_4shenfell said:
bigblackchuakz said:
ah oof. might continue onwards but if it doesn't actually do anything with the formula other than give the cameraman shots of tequilla between each shot yeah this won't be for me
they'll drunk over that soon enough so good luck
Jul 5, 2023 5:19 AM
Aug 2021
Very much like video game with thise camera angels. I’ll continue watching it. Interesting to have a dense girl and the guy is the the one having the crush.
Jul 5, 2023 5:49 AM

Mar 2012
They overdid with the animation for this one and I don't like those weird angles. How in the world did the girl not realize that she forgot her glasses when her eyesight is that bad!? Seems really dumb.
Jul 5, 2023 6:14 AM
Jun 2013
Animation was baaaad
Jul 5, 2023 6:18 AM
Aug 2017
Couldn't last more than 5 min into ep 1..the animation is whacky..and the mc feels so cringe. I was fed up after his 1000th "this is the girl i fell for"
Jul 5, 2023 6:27 AM
Jun 2023
The animation was different from most of what I've seen but the detail was amazing!
Jul 5, 2023 6:29 AM
Jun 2021
Pitto_ said:
WilfredJohnson said:

I’m 15, middle school boys do not act like this.
Yeah, kids don't act like this, but middle school boys would act like that if it wasn't that in our society kids are encouraged to grow up faster and they act like they are 19 when they are 14 and like 40 years old when they are 19.

That’s not really what it’s about, middle school boys have been around girls for years and can talk to them without having strokes
Jul 5, 2023 6:57 AM

Jun 2019
Another wimp MC. Well I like brain rot animes. Along with Rent a Girlfriend S3, and Masamune-kun's no Revenge S2, I'll consume these trash.
Jul 5, 2023 7:01 AM
Nov 2022
The camera angles are something that stuck out for me as cool and unique. It was definitely enjoyable but felt very unrealistic in how she would forget her glasses and be basically blind. I’ve forgetten to take my glasses in sometimes to school but that is because my eyesight isn’t terrible. And also the fact of how quickly she just got comfortable with this random dude. It’s cheesy and unrealistic but it is a fun watch. It’s nice and easy.
Jul 5, 2023 7:11 AM

Jan 2020
WilfredJohnson said:
Pitto_ said:
Yeah, kids don't act like this, but middle school boys would act like that if it wasn't that in our society kids are encouraged to grow up faster and they act like they are 19 when they are 14 and like 40 years old when they are 19.

That’s not really what it’s about, middle school boys have been around girls for years and can talk to them without having strokes
That is for sure, but the protagonist is a timid boy and he's talking to the girl he's in love, plus this is a cartoon, obviously the reaction are exaggerated. If you look at it like that, well, it's not so bad.
Jul 5, 2023 7:13 AM
Apr 2022
weird leg shots aside, cute episode
Jul 5, 2023 8:18 AM

May 2015
It felt like as if I was watching a low effort VN, something from the lower depths of the trash heap.I give it one or two more episodes but most likely will drop it in the end.
IshitatesoJul 5, 2023 9:07 AM
Jul 5, 2023 8:30 AM
Jun 2020
GoHands strikes again, making what is a decent readable story into an unwatchable mess.
Jul 5, 2023 8:36 AM
Jun 2023
kawaiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Jul 5, 2023 9:27 AM
May 2022
Komura is so embarrassing and cringey. I’m shy too but at least I don’t jump out of my seat and get so tense when someone reads the shares my book in class. This guy overthinks every single thing Mie does. I’ll give it an episode or two more, but I hope this guy changes. The animation was both unusual and awesome at the same time. The camera angles weren’t necessary though.
Also I don’t know how Mie can’t see too close without her glasses. I would get it if she is farsighted but it seems like she’s both farsighted and nearsighted because she can’t even see two centimeters in front of her.
Jul 5, 2023 9:27 AM

Feb 2018
Only read a bit of the manga, so still don't fully know what to expect.
Would say they really went hard with those opening shots towards the school, turned out quite well though I guess.
I like the VA picks for the main two, seems to fit quite well.
Jul 5, 2023 9:33 AM

Oct 2008
like the other comments said! i also really got dizzy on the camera movement on the first part! but the show was chill and a bit on romance side!
4/5.
matias067Jul 5, 2023 9:53 AM

Jul 5, 2023 9:58 AM
Jan 2023
Nice Episode, Make me Happy and Feeling good
Jul 5, 2023 11:19 AM
Jul 2016
This is why you make sure to sleep with your contacts in, folks ;P
Jul 5, 2023 11:29 AM

Mar 2022
while Im not really a fan of rotating fishlens ground shots and the like, the technical aspects of animation are insane. The virtual camera(as seen before in Onimai), the lighting, shaders and textures of 3D are really good, if a bit over the top. Also the livelines of the world, background characters, most of them voiced, the way sound is designed to fit the environment etc. It's clear there was A LOT of work done.

...for a story about a blind girl and a fool MC in need of touching grass, it's pretty wild, especially considering the bare bones style of the manga. I wonder if they can keep it up like this for a whole seasson.
Jul 5, 2023 12:00 PM

Oct 2014
Goodness. The art is 11/10.
Thought I’d get annoyed at the MC’s personality but the VA is doing too well; overshadowing it all together.
And dang, Mie is so adorable in multitude of aspects!
Jul 5, 2023 12:44 PM
Apr 2023
cute first episode
Jul 5, 2023 1:16 PM

Nov 2011
3D in funny way xD It is sth new, this "emo"-ish hairstyle was very popular ca 15 yrs ago, but she looks much better than most of my friends back in the days. :D I want her shampoo, I wanna same fluffy hair.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» From where to start manga?

sb-ishan-99 - Mar 23

6 by DriiMexYT »»
May 23, 5:11 AM

Poll: » Suki na Ko ga Megane wo Wasureta Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2023

113 by Kzmapai »»
May 1, 3:31 AM

Poll: » Suki na Ko ga Megane wo Wasureta Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2023

75 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 1, 6:41 PM

Poll: » Suki na Ko ga Megane wo Wasureta Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2023

86 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 1, 5:05 PM

Poll: » Suki na Ko ga Megane wo Wasureta Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2023

87 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 1, 3:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.