Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Sep 19, 2022 7:16 AM

Apr 2009
StateofOhayo said:

lol i guess you never say darling in the franxx
anyways, i'm hoping for redemption but i won't hold my breath.
it's odd; i'm a creator myself. but this is one of the rare things where i wish someone would rip it from his hands and develop it. otherwise, and i don't know how it ends, i'm afraid it will languish into obscurity.
i like you dude you seem to kinda have the same reservations i do. idk if you're a writer too but at least you have taste.

darling was too ecchi for my gay eyes.
I feel like I was in a previous life, I write music though. What things do you do?
Sep 19, 2022 7:56 AM
Apr 2009
It took me a while to really get my teeth sunk into this season, but the payoff of the last few episodes has been absolutely wondrous to behold. Incredible show.
Sep 19, 2022 8:12 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
jTiKey said:
StateofOhayo said:

i only read up to the fifth floor, didn't finish though. it was relatively tolerable because there were drips of lore but the larger questions seem to be unanswered and each floor the wonderment and development decrease while gore and tragedy increase. i mean that's one thing but it shouldn't become a slash horror when it could be balanced with some of the earlier themes. i'm too invested now to give up, and there are still some decent moments but i mean how much of this season has been "hey check out these cute creatures now watch them die and btw this has almost no bearing on the plot except for some tenuous thread involving Reg."

damn, this is sad. First time seeing a 10/10 anime go down so quickly and painfully.

Ikr? When previous seasons were so good and this season is just decent with many unimportant filler-like story of some random new characters is kinda disappointing. With this kind of stretched story this could take two more seasons just to find 7th layer entrance.
Also @stateofohayo what you wrote above is also what I totally feel about this S2,
"haha blood and gore go brrr while I'm thinking what more I should do to stretch the story even more" - Author

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Sep 20, 2022 3:59 AM

Nov 2021
These last 2 episodes are something else. Absolute peak fiction holy shit. I'm not ready for the finale
Sep 20, 2022 4:49 AM

Jul 2019
KINO Abosultely loved Nanachi and Belaf's entrance :D

Belaf's self-sacrifice was so admirable. He made sure:
-Wazukyan won't get his way again
-Faputa gained the memories to have a future for herself
-bought every sentient being in there more time to make a decision for themselves

Can't wait how this continues. There are quite a few player's still out there and they got plenty of aces.

A little bit weird though that the entire abyss ecosystem entered a truce to feast on the hollows. Happens in real nature though when there are easy pickings, so I won't complain.
Sep 20, 2022 8:45 AM

Dec 2018
jTiKey said:
StateofOhayo said:

lol i guess you never say darling in the franxx
anyways, i'm hoping for redemption but i won't hold my breath.
it's odd; i'm a creator myself. but this is one of the rare things where i wish someone would rip it from his hands and develop it. otherwise, and i don't know how it ends, i'm afraid it will languish into obscurity.
i like you dude you seem to kinda have the same reservations i do. idk if you're a writer too but at least you have taste.

darling was too ecchi for my gay eyes.
I feel like I was in a previous life, I write music though. What things do you do?

i write and practice medicine.
for fun i terrorize my cat.
Sep 20, 2022 11:50 AM
Oct 2015
AOTS, for sure a 10/10 . I'm not ready to wait 5+ years for another season :(
Sep 20, 2022 12:59 PM
Dec 2019
danielpm said:
AOTS, for sure a 10/10 . I'm not ready to wait 5+ years for another season :(
hay que ser fuerte, pero seguro que aguantarmos uwu
Sep 20, 2022 1:22 PM

Nov 2015
Is it normal that I find this one of the best anime episodes I've watched this year? Damn that was good. Kevin MVP.
Sep 20, 2022 2:29 PM
Feb 2021
it's well done, but kingdom season 4 > everything
Sep 21, 2022 1:31 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
The scene with Nanachi with the helmet was very good.

Now only one episode left tho.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Sep 21, 2022 8:16 AM
Feb 2021
amazing episode!!!
Sep 21, 2022 9:41 AM
Feb 2022
half of episode boring the other part is peak.
Sep 21, 2022 10:45 AM
Oct 2014
Wow, I was a little worried about this season, as there were so many plot threads just kind of haphazardly thrown out there one after another. However this episode ties everything together in an incredibly emotional package. Very excited for what awaits in the final episode.
Sep 21, 2022 6:43 PM
Jul 2020
The whole series and especially this episode was absolutely stunning! Both the background and main animations had such high detail and looked superb.
Sep 22, 2022 1:39 AM

Nov 2015
Absolutely amazing anime
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 22, 2022 3:25 AM

May 2016
just wow such a great episode
Sep 22, 2022 7:34 AM
Oct 2019
Buh that was like fr fr you know?
Sep 22, 2022 5:16 PM
Mar 2021
awesome episode again 🔥
Sep 23, 2022 5:59 AM
Sep 2022
I would give it a 5 star, but some parts disappointed me with still frames being played during the part where faputa was shredding through belaf
Sep 23, 2022 1:58 PM
Dec 2020
can't wait for episode 12 :O
Sep 23, 2022 7:11 PM
Jan 2014
StateofOhayo said:
Micus1 said:
Decide the value. Our path is not decided.

Most of you guys won't care but for those who do, here is the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy entry for Value Theory. Just thought it was apropos to the season overall and, in particular, your comment.
https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/value-theory/

I appreciate it. It does mean a lot to me. Axiology and the nature of value in relation to other moral categories. I'm curious to see what Episode 12 will bring.
Sep 24, 2022 4:06 AM
Dec 2019
Can't wait for the last episode. Hope a new chapter comes out not long after, but maybe I'm too hopeful :')
Sep 24, 2022 10:48 AM
Apr 2020
esta chido jejejeje
Sep 24, 2022 11:55 AM

May 2015
Faputa evolved! I'm gonna catch it!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 24, 2022 4:55 PM
Jan 2020
informative episode
Sep 24, 2022 9:54 PM
Aug 2020
no thoughts head empty this anime 2 good
Sep 25, 2022 5:18 AM

Sep 2020
Awesome episode but I still didn't understand the guadrian's motive who was vueko
Sep 25, 2022 8:45 AM
May 2021
Conclusion gonna be epic, this season really earnt MiA a top 3 in my list. What a rollercoster it's been
Sep 25, 2022 9:28 AM
Apr 2017
best episode of this season
Sep 25, 2022 6:40 PM
Nov 2020
simplemente buenardo
Sep 26, 2022 5:51 AM
May 2016
I bet no one remembers what they did to Meinya now. This show handles power scaling, worldbuilding consistency, and horrific beauty so majestically... just amazing.
Sep 26, 2022 12:51 PM
Aug 2020
Wow. Just wow. This show impresses me with every episode. I can't wait for the finale
Sep 27, 2022 3:17 PM
May 2021
It was just amazing
Sep 27, 2022 6:26 PM
Aug 2021
tremenda obra maestra. 20/10 y god
Sep 27, 2022 8:58 PM
Nov 2020
jrrncgdycg,.dhucgaoedbu
Sep 28, 2022 5:23 AM

Jan 2012
when does this new episode release, i feel like forgot the whole season in the wait for that episode. Gotta rewatched atleast 3 episodes before that.
Sep 28, 2022 9:34 AM

Apr 2017
simplemente brutal. Todo el capítulo al borde del asiento espectante y sumergido en cada escena.
Si no tienes recuerdos felices, nunca es tarde para comenzar a construirlos.

<<< o >>>
Sep 29, 2022 10:43 AM

Mar 2010
Seeing the genocide was great and then the calamity on top of the massacre was just like seeing a double helix. Odd how ones goals was for destruction and the others was the same but they weren't compatible lolz damn this anime has sent chills down my spine, wish it was me Fupta was eating.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 30, 2022 11:13 AM
Nov 2018
What is Value? is it something that you attribute to mundane things? objects? objectives? memories? wishes? people? dreams? or is it something that you can't comprehend? is it something you can name a price? you can quantify in a number? you can compare it to other things? objects? objectives? memories? wishes? people? dreams? And how will you feel when you discover that what you always wanted more, more than anything else, your raison d'être per se, be it a thing, object, objective, a memory you hold dear, some wish you always had inside you, a person you love and want to protect, or a dream that matters more to you than anything else, what will you do when you discover that the Value you attributed to that wasn't what you truly consider Valor, be it now or later, what will you do? how will you redefine Value for yourself? what's gonna be the next "I'm not gonna repeat that sorry"? I hope Faputa can reach her answer

this aside, Damn this episode is good, I mean, FUCKIN NANACHI dude, Nanachi the Hollow Tamer, fuck it, that is amazing, this episode is amazing, and fuck you for that scene where Faputa experiences the past, that was an unfair level of low; also, gore, can't wait to see how many people will feel like puking after that lol
Oct 1, 2022 8:22 AM
Dec 2019
Faputa went through a lot in this episode. Nice to see her learn more about her mom and the others. I hope she decides to save everyone instead of killing them.
Oct 2, 2022 2:46 AM
Nov 2016
WTF is this people
Oct 7, 2022 1:08 PM

Sep 2020
Really great episode, although Faputa wants to kill all the villagers but she also don't want other monsters of the layer to hurt them, looking forward to the last episode.
Oct 28, 2022 2:38 PM

Mar 2011
Damn, these Turbinid-Dragons are such magnificent apex-predators that you can't be mad at them even when you see them slaughtering people. We almost forgot what dangerous place the Abyss is with so much screen time focused on the village.
Nov 26, 2022 2:30 PM

Aug 2018
Ive got two very great words to say that made this episode amazing for me :

Nanachi’s entrance

Besides that everything else was very good too, the whole brutality and struggle of Faputa was felt. It seems that she wasn’t strongest thing around after all but is giving out her all nevertheless. The use of music and important moments were awesome and I really hope to see a conclusion worthy of this buildup
Jan 9, 2023 1:52 AM

Jun 2020
The action was so much better this episode, wish some of the budget was spent on Reg vs Nanachi :p. Still a lot of great moments and a ton of gore too
Feb 11, 2023 5:07 PM
Jul 2017
decent episode, it had the elements of heart warming moments, but they ended up falling flat.

I wish the monsters had a bit more personality. the turbine dragon just randomly decided to attack. and if fapita is immortal, why can she be wounded so easily. and why can't she heal by eating monsters? Only the hollows?
Feb 12, 2023 5:09 PM

Feb 2018
Faputa seeing her mothers memories.. What a bloodbath this episode has been x_X. Faputa's about to go bonkers and I'm all up for it!
Feb 13, 2023 2:20 AM
Sep 2017
"Forge ahead without fear. I would like for you to enjoy your adventure."

The end of destiny.... What happens once you have fulfilled your duty? In this episode, Faputa was abandoned by purpose and relegated to free will, consigned to carving out her own path, making her own decisions, left to carry the burden of determining her own future. This is the lonely, solemn weight of life without a cause. Faputa's struggle in this episode is an expression of ambiguity in purpose and future -- compounded for emphasis by her infinite, immortal life.

We also see a big plot point fulfilled, when the villagers come full circle and supply themselves as food to Faputa. This is a full, equal repayment and resolution to the debt to Irumyuui that they incurred by eating her children. This also speaks to the overarching theme of fate and destiny in this episode: the villagers' destiny was to sacrifice their lives, which had been sustained by Irumyuui's children, to in turn sustain Irumyuui's final child, or "youngest sister" as the souls of her brethren put it. And lastly, it speaks to this episode's name: Value. The villagers have always seen Faputa as the embodiment of value, so in a way, it makes sense that they would trade their lesser-value bodies to restore something of infinite value. What a bargain!

This may be an unpopular direction to go here, but I'd even say that the themes of destiny and purpose in this episode are a metaphor, an illustration, of faith, worship, and religion. Faith, worship, religion, purpose, and destiny are closely intertwined concepts. They all relate to what you are living your life for -- aka what you value.

As for the villagers' value, faith, and purpose, Irumyuui became the god of the Ganja - in other words, the thing they valued above all else - when they gave their lives to her as atonement for their sins against her, and she became their village, the literal foundation of their new hollow lives. And if Irumyuui was their god, she was also their queen, and that makes Faputa the daughter of their god, and their princess: royalty. Faputa was the treasure of the villagers' lives as hollows: she was both the daughter of their god and of infinite value to their god, and thus she was of infinite value to them, as established in previous episodes. And in the end, they were willing to give everything they were for her sake, which is what true worship means. They saw helping her accomplish her will as their greatest desire and honor.

As for Faputa's value, faith, and purpose, she was essentially reborn in this episode. She cannot die, but was denied the ability to fulfill her duty, exercise her value, and she came close to death. And importantly, in that moment she asked the purpose of an immortal life when its goal cannot be accomplished. She was then regenerated, clearly with the help of the bodily sacrifices of the villagers, who became a part of her. This physical regeneration represented a corresponding reconfiguration of her values and purpose. The villagers who sacrificed themselves for her did so understanding and hoping that she would go forward and embrace her new destiny, which she can and must decide for herself. Before her rebirth, under the duty she was born into, Faputa's god was her mother, and her duty, purpose, and worship, given by her mother, were to fulfill her mother's wrath and avenge her siblings. After coming to a point where she could no longer fulfill that purpose, Faputa was reborn into a new mission, and purpose, one she chooses for herself. Since there is no longer a higher authority or purpose over her, she is now her own god. It remains to be seen what purpose she chooses for herself -- I look forward to seeing it, hopefully next episode.

To take this unpopular direction even further and bring it back home, notice that when Belaf tells Faputa to forge ahead without fear, it almost sounds like he's speaking to us. Our world is becoming less religious and more godless - in the West for sure, and perhaps in Japan as well. But if you look again, gods and religion are not truly going away - at least in the west, each person is instead encouraged to be their own god. The object of peoples' worship is their own desires, their purpose is themselves rather than something beyond themselves. We have released ourselves from external purpose, from the idea of objective truth, from the external religions of our ancestors, and we now, like Faputa, feel the weight of defining our own values and truths, making a way for ourselves, writing our own religions. And thus, Belaf's words to Faputa resonate with us as well: "Forge ahead without fear. I would like for you to enjoy your adventure." Through Belaf, the author is gently encouraging us in our journeys forward in life. What value are you seeking, adventurer?
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2022

246 by Puncheon »»
21 minutes ago

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2022

407 by RubyDaly69 »»
May 18, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xenocrisi - Jul 6, 2022

251 by limberwisk »»
May 10, 8:22 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Aug 17, 2022

286 by Matheus050 »»
Apr 22, 4:26 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xenocrisi - Jul 13, 2022

184 by asbest0sdust »»
Apr 20, 9:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.