Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
86--EIGHTY-SIX (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Oct 3, 2021 9:26 PM

Dec 2020
86 is back for its second cour and the first ep did not disappoint. Lena seems to have matured a lot and her new look makes her look like a badass. It felt like this episode foreshadowed a lot of future plot points. Also the visuals for that intro are one of the best ive ever seen.
Oct 3, 2021 9:47 PM

Jul 2021
86 is back! It seems like show is trying to expand the world building in order to prepare for something big! I'm having high hope for this season.
Oct 3, 2021 10:19 PM
Jun 2020
Lena with red ribbon strip just hits different man.
Oct 3, 2021 10:33 PM

Oct 2008
and here i thought they are heading for their final destination...but only to be captured and babysit a loli empress!? hmmmm...not impressed...
3/5.

Oct 3, 2021 11:58 PM
Jul 2013
I've said it once, I'll say it again. The mechs look retarded. Otherwise, good show.
Oct 4, 2021 12:24 AM
Nov 2019
LEGENDS_OF_ANIME said:
Pranavk27 said:

What? animation quality didn't drop a bit instead they up the quality .

Well, they did improve the battle animations a little I guess but others things such as characters walking, face expressions was compromized quite a bit. And it's just episode 1 and I didn't say an animation drop with will ruin the anime or anything. Let's just see what happens.

Not really , I think you are only taking Lena walking at beginning into account which looks slightly weird cause of angle not that animation was compromised. Infact they improved the character designs especially Shin. Look at scene were Ernst stand up from seat or when they remove the opacity of the glass ,it looks really good
Oct 4, 2021 12:27 AM
Nov 2019
ShadowMaster-Zed said:
I've said it once, I'll say it again. The mechs look retarded. Otherwise, good show.

Well those are kinda retarded, but you get to see the new ones soon.
Oct 4, 2021 12:33 AM
Dec 2020
Decent animation. Pretty easy to follow along and understand. I wish there was more background on all the different army's
Oct 4, 2021 12:36 AM
Feb 2019
matias067 said:
and here i thought they are heading for their final destination...but only to be captured and babysit a loli empress!? hmmmm...not impressed...
3/5.
matias067 said:
3/5.
This is what a comment looks like for someone who uses less than 50% of their brain
Oct 4, 2021 12:39 AM
Feb 2019
ShadowMaster-Zed said:
As if the usual mechs always make sense
Oct 4, 2021 1:13 AM
Jun 2020
UserAnonymous117 said:
ShadowMaster-Zed said:

Did he not know that the mechs(juggernauts) were intentionally made to be shit
Oct 4, 2021 1:54 AM
Oct 2020
UserAnonymous117 said:
ShadowMaster-Zed said:
humanoid mechs look fucking ugly imo
Oct 4, 2021 3:35 AM

Feb 2008
Good episode. Thanks to these three replies in the 213 posts here that kind of explained the Rei metal tag. It was driving me crazy how absolutely no one but three people asked for it.

I honestly didn't expect a new squadron. I just want Shin and Milize to meet already come on. But seems like it's gonna be a long road before that.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Oct 4, 2021 3:53 AM
Jan 2016
is Frederica voiced by an actual kid
I'd rather die a free man then live under the rules of idiots
Oct 4, 2021 4:29 AM
Feb 2019
addie1998 said:
UserAnonymous117 said:

Did he not know that the mechs(juggernauts) were intentionally made to be shit
I don't think he payed attention to details on the show. It is always my complaint to some viewers
Oct 4, 2021 4:33 AM
Feb 2019
Reinaria said:
UserAnonymous117 said:
humanoid mechs look fucking ugly imo
It's not that its ugly, it just doesn't make sense. Humanoid robots don't move like humans as it was from some anime. Even small scaled humanoid robots still do not move lie that. I know its because its futuristic, but I don't think it is realistically possible that they can move like that, unless someone from the future found discover something. But as of now, its impossible and I don't think humans will spend finances for war robots.
Oct 4, 2021 4:47 AM

Aug 2021
Frederica is so damn cute :>
Oct 4, 2021 5:06 AM
Apr 2019
yamiyugi101 said:
is Frederica voiced by an actual kid

She's voiced by the VA of momo (Sangatsu) and Klee (genshin impact)
Oct 4, 2021 5:23 AM

Jul 2017
Never thought I would miss this anime so much until now. Welcome back 86!

so Shin and Lena will probably be apart for a long time. Since they both are in a different nation now(?). what I'm afraid of is that they'll meet on the battlefield as enemies lol.

The "Dad" is such a funny n nice guy I like it.

Can't wait for the next one!
Oct 4, 2021 6:06 AM

Mar 2015
kljy said:
pasanoid said:
I was kind of looking forward to Shin becoming part of the Legion and an antagonist. This turn of events is rather meh. Boring stuff.
You want Legion PoV? Wait for season 4.
oof, sounds like a long darn wait. I hoped to get something like that a bit sooner; but that's beside the point. the previous season ends in peril for 86 gang but the current season starts with time skip to safety and this god-ex-machina-behind-the-scene just pisses me off
Am I a good person? No. But do I try to be better every single day? Also no
Oct 4, 2021 6:18 AM
Jun 2020
pasanoid said:
kljy said:
oof, sounds like a long darn wait. I hoped to get something like that a bit sooner; but that's beside the point. the previous season ends in peril for 86 gang but the current season starts with time skip to safety and this god-ex-machina-behind-the-scene just pisses me off

Shin's abilty will become useless if he did became a legion
Oct 4, 2021 7:00 AM

Sep 2018
pasanoid said:
kljy said:

You're looking at it the wrong way around, Deus-ex-Machina implies something seen to be story breaking.

In this case what happened isn't yet known, but I think all the clues are there starting in first cour episodes and specifically in some scenes and comments in this cour's opening episode

Or I could be completely overthinking things and it really was a total ass-pull ;-)

borderlinerOct 4, 2021 8:06 AM
Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Oct 4, 2021 7:35 AM
Feb 2019
pasanoid said:
kljy said:
Deus Ex-Machina, what did you smoke rn
Oct 4, 2021 8:01 AM

Oct 2010
This was a solid start. A lot was expected at the end of season 1 and they decided to put it all in front right away. I was expecting the fate of the shin and co to be revealed on ep 2.

anyone that can explain me what is this suppose to be? (shins brothers badge?)
huh?
Oct 4, 2021 8:14 AM

Aug 2013
Where are you guys watching it?? I couldn't find it anywhere
Oct 4, 2021 8:58 AM
Dec 2011
WOW! Big surprise that they were all still alive. Wad disappointed that they supposedly killed them off last season. This episode really provides depth to the story. It started off simple last season and just kept evolving. So much to look forward too. I can't wait!
Oct 4, 2021 9:11 AM
May 2008
@choyos

If you remember Shin, when a comrade of his died he cut a piece of the person's mech's armor and wrote his name on it. Now his brother died he could write his name on a piece of his old mech.

@Satyr_icon

Legally you can watch it on Crunchyroll.
Oct 4, 2021 9:18 AM

Oct 2010
UTMAN said:
@choyos
If you remember Shin, when a comrade of his died he cut a piece of the person's mech's armor and wrote his name on it. Now his brother died he could write his name on a piece of his old mech.

ty, I though it was his brother badge. Just really confuse at his reaction, like it was something that wasn't suppose to be there.
huh?
Oct 4, 2021 10:02 AM

Sep 2015
So Milize got demoted instead of being prosecuted, while being in an autocratic society, as expected this is going to be another season I won't enjoy like the last.

Like I don't understand how would their society be single minded, if someone like Milize wasn't silenced out??

And yet again Milize goes against the authorities idea, being able to argue against him as she goes out unscathed

This is only five minutes in to the anime as I type this up

BUT for some reason, Milize is entrusted as a handler still, when in fact the authority can just replace someone else who does not sympathize the 86 and
get the job done instead.

August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Oct 4, 2021 10:19 AM
Apr 2018
1. The ED song (its actually OP) reminded me of TOKYO GHOUL's ost. The singer is same for both.

2. I see where this is going.

3. What was that thing SHIN holding at the end? (don't spoil me)
Oct 4, 2021 10:27 AM
May 2008
AhriTheS3xyFox said:
So Milize got demoted instead of being prosecuted, while being in an autocratic society, as expected this is going to be another season I won't enjoy like the last.

Like I don't understand how would their society be single minded, if someone like Milize wasn't silenced out??

And yet again Milize goes against the authorities idea, being able to argue against him as she goes out unscathed

BUT for some reason, Milize is entrusted as a handler still, when in fact the authority can just replace someone else who does not sympathize the 86 and

The anime literally explains why she isn't prosecuted in that 5 minutes. You should fix that selective hearing of yours.

- She delivers results
- Most effective Handler
- Because of her, the supervisor in charge of her can get a lot of promotions.
- She doesn't really go against the said system. She isn't freeing the 86 ers or makes the whole racist country run less efficent.

Dude even Rommel in Nazi Germany wasn't prosecuted when he argued against the nazi ideals. The only time he was killed when he was associated with overthworing the Reich.
Oct 4, 2021 11:05 AM

Sep 2015
UTMAN said:
AhriTheS3xyFox said:

The anime literally explains why she isn't prosecuted in that 5 minutes. You should fix that selective hearing of yours.

- She delivers results
- Most effective Handler
- She doesn't really go against the said system. She isn't freeing the 86 ers or makes the whole racist country run less efficent.

Dude even Rommel in Nazi Germany wasn't prosecuted when he argued against the nazi ideals. The only time he was killed when he was associated with overthworing the Reich.

And yet she does not even feel like one as I try to immerse myself.

All she ever does is resort to her emotion, and suddenly compels herself to know the 86 and the others. The character that the anime is trying to represent shows her in a way that shes naive, rather than a very capable and well experience handler.

Because of that display, I forget the dialogues.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Oct 4, 2021 11:05 AM
Sep 2019
Gotta be honest, I don't like the OP

Even so, this episode was very interesting, I love that the spearhead squad didn't die at the end of s1, cuz that would have been a disaster.

It was interesting how that little girl got called 'empress' that definitely spiked my interest.

Also, I love Ernst. I sense his dark fucking past, but I feel that he's a good guy inside

Other than that, why does Lena have red strains of hair now?
Oct 4, 2021 11:14 AM
May 2008
AhriTheS3xyFox said:
UTMAN said:

- She delivers results
- Most effective Handler

All she ever does is resort to her emotion, and suddenly compels herself to know the 86 and the others. The character that the anime is trying to represent shows her in a way that shes naive, rather than a very capable and well experience handler.

Well that's not what you were arguing for. Your main take that why she isn't prosecuted, which I and the anime gave you answer. Also your description might be true for the first season, this is totally not the case in the 2nd. She is done appealing to emotions, she does whatever she wants. And by this point she became a very succesful handler that you can't really get rid off.

Also in season 1 the anime shows you why she is a capable commander by the Spearhead complimentign her:

- 2nd episode you can see Raiden and Shin talk about her advising to advance point 208. THey admit that that would be an ideal point to go if they deployed at that moment.
- You can see in ep 3 that they go with her advice to go up to a hill for an elevated position, which was totally her idea.
- In ep5 you can see Shin saying that her Analyzing the enemy is very useful for them.

These are tidbits there are more.
Oct 4, 2021 12:08 PM

Sep 2018
UTMAN said:
AhriTheS3xyFox said:

Well that's not what you were arguing for. Your main take that why she isn't prosecuted, which I and the anime gave you answer. Also your description might be true for the first season, this is totally not the case in the 2nd. She is done appealing to emotions, she does whatever she wants. And by this point she became a very succesful handler that you can't really get rid off.

Also in season 1 the anime shows you why she is a capable commander by the Spearhead complimentign her:

- 2nd episode you can see Raiden and Shin talk about her advising to advance point 208. THey admit that that would be an ideal point to go if they deployed at that moment.
- You can see in ep 3 that they go with her advice to go up to a hill for an elevated position, which was totally her idea.
- In ep5 you can see Shin saying that her Analyzing the enemy is very useful for them.

These are tidbits there are more.

Hang on now UTMAN !!??

You can't (gasp) be suggesting that posters actually pay attention can you?

We can only wish ;-)

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Oct 4, 2021 12:15 PM
Jan 2020
I thought the first season was pretty good, but this one is already so much more interesting to me. The perspective is really widening.
Oct 4, 2021 12:46 PM
Jan 2021
w3b0shi said:
EmpireDeLuna said:
The only downside for me is the little girl with the Paimon personality. It just seems off, in this world full of realistic grounded character, here she as the only typical comedic relieve just to annoy you for the upcoming week

And this is also a world that has Empires, Kingdoms, nobility in it. How is having a princess or an empress not "realistic"? What's wrong with having comic relief once in a while? Having lighthearted moments like these DOES NOT make any setting less realistic. Eitherway what makes you think the new character will remain nothing as a "comic relief"?

Correction..
I'm not annoy by the "empress" title my friend, c'mon. It just her personality it's a tropes that i have seen in so many others media that kinda become jarring to see, especially in this anime where almost every others character so far is grounded and have a realistic take. I would more than welcome her if she's appear in some type of action shonen or romance shoujo anime(which we are all have seen how much it's been overeused). But in here, it just seems off and out of place, even her interaction with others character feels odd as if they were saying "we don't have any idea what to do with these things"..

But well i dunno, maybe it just me being nitpicking. I'm just saying that her personality it's unnecessary
Oct 4, 2021 3:10 PM
Jul 2018
finally came back!! is we had a lot of dialogue is explanation about what had happened after last season is a lot of things changed is really i have good expectations about this anime as the episodes go by.
Oct 4, 2021 4:00 PM

Apr 2010
this boring shit got a second season already? I dragged myself trying to complete the first one oh god
Oct 4, 2021 4:30 PM
Mar 2021
Satyr_icon said:
Where are you guys watching it?? I couldn't find it anywhere
iq.com free official legal web for Asia region
Oct 4, 2021 4:31 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
So excited to see 86 back for the second season.
Seems a tad dry so far, but matches the pacing of LN.

I don't remember the REI name tag (did he make it a long time ago? While he was half dead?), but oof my eyes immediately welled with tears. Also Teppy. Cute name for the cat. Not sure if I remember seeing him(?) named previously, but I swear he made the weirdest introductory cat sound LOL/
Oct 4, 2021 4:32 PM
Jun 2020
AhriTheS3xyFox said:

The Republic of San Magnolia was once a monarchy. This kingdom ruled over the land's native people, the Alba, and a subset of Alba known as Celena were its nobility. Over three hundred years ago, in Republic Year 1 (Stellar Year 1782), the Monarchy was toppled in a "Democratic Revolution" and the Republic, the world's first modern democracy, was founded to replace it. The revolution was led by a woman who would later be called San Magnolia, whose martyrdom resulted in her becoming the namesake of the Republic. "Not Autocratic"

And also Lena was under house arrest in ep11 before she got demoted to captain
Oct 4, 2021 9:04 PM
Feb 2019
LukaPochi said:
this boring shit got a second season already? I dragged myself trying to complete the first one oh god
Why bother watching then? Are you jobless? Poor you
Oct 4, 2021 10:44 PM

Sep 2013
I wasn't the biggest fan of the first season but this episode is at least giving me some hope something more interesting is going to happen.
There's no need for all this tension.
Oct 4, 2021 11:14 PM

Jun 2014
addie1998 said:

The Republic of San Magnolia was once a monarchy. This kingdom ruled over the land's native people, the Alba, and a subset of Alba known as Celena were its nobility. Over three hundred years ago, in Republic Year 1 (Stellar Year 1782), the Monarchy was toppled in a "Democratic Revolution" and the Republic, the world's first modern democracy, was founded to replace it. The revolution was led by a woman who would later be called San Magnolia, whose martyrdom resulted in her becoming the namesake of the Republic. "Not Autocratic"

Wait wait, where does that information come from? I only started reading vol 4 and I don't recall that world building anywhere. Was it in volume 1?
Oct 4, 2021 11:28 PM
Jun 2020
Thai777 said:
addie1998 said:

Wait wait, where does that information come from? I only started reading vol 4 and I don't recall that world building anywhere. Was it in volume 1?

Vol1 or you can just go to the wiki page :)
Oct 4, 2021 11:39 PM

Jun 2014
addie1998 said:
Thai777 said:

Vol1 or you can just go to the wiki page :)

Ahh yes I just read a bit again and I think it's because the information are segmented in many part in the first volume and not concisely written in a single paragraph like in the wikia which added to my confusion. Thanks!
Oct 5, 2021 6:04 AM

Aug 2020
Took about 5 secs for it to help me remember how much i hate lena . Wish i had dozed off during her part so that it would have made it atleast a bit more bearable .....

An okay start i guess . Felt a lot more boring than the 1st season . need to go off to wiki to refresh my memories of the last season . Completely forgot how much of a dead character shin was .

Directing is still strong as ever . The transitions and the variety of camera angles helps a lot in sending out the general mood of the scenes.

As i expected , dont like the OP at all . i was underwhelmed by it snippets in the trailer , and i thought maybe it would sound good when i listen to it properly , but looks like i was wrong . Sigh , so that makes it 0/2 for 86.

Dissapointed with the new member of the lena squad . bootlicking lena of all people should be a crime . what a shame , i had hopes for her as well .

Also did this dude really just pull off the bondrwed pose ?? and he has a daughter who is adopted ? oh no...... this can only go one way........
TweedleDaneOct 5, 2021 6:09 AM
Oct 5, 2021 7:56 AM
Jul 2018
Enjoyable episode glad to see 86 again.
Oct 5, 2021 10:33 AM
Jul 2018
samashi20 said:
Great kickoff episode. I really liked it.

We are updated on the situation/status of the Spearhead and the San Mangolia empire. I like the cold and confident Lena more than the too sweet and naïve Lena. I hope we can see more of that in future episodes.

The members being alive isn't even surprising, but we've never heard of this Gia or whatever Federal Republic before, so it kind of feels like it was made up.

I think this will slowly build up to a strong conflict, and I look forward to it.

Although I bought some of the sound tracks from the first season, and I listen to them every now and then, I still forgot how good the music of the show is. The sound choice in this episode is impeccable.
Never heard of it? The first time we heard of it was literally 2 minutes into the first episode of the series and it has after that been mentioned MULTIPLE times.
removed-userOct 5, 2021 10:56 AM
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 86 Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2022

535 by riwandha »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » 86 Part 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2021

155 by Ronin_4011 »»
May 20, 5:28 AM

» Light Novel after anime??

RadicalSanta - Oct 11, 2022

22 by Rob7 »»
Apr 30, 11:53 PM

Poll: » 86 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2021

239 by Rob7 »»
Apr 30, 9:00 PM

» Does anyone else feel like this season was a lot worse than season 1 ( 1 2 )

Cudlyyy - Jul 27, 2023

88 by Rob7 »»
Apr 30, 8:49 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.