Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Apr 27, 2022 12:11 AM
Mar 2022
are we not going to talk about the fact that uesugi's eyes is literally a different color from the previous season? i think they matched it with his old picture so it doesn't look odd
Mar 2022
are we not going to talk about the fact that uesugi's eyes is literally a different color from the previous season? i think they matched it with his old picture so it doesn't look odd
Mar 2022
Jul 11, 2022 1:57 PM

Jan 2022
yellow eyes and no thighs? Rip I don't like the new animation style. I'm a little disappointed. Even Futaro's hair looks a little weird.
This never updates so that's cool
Jul 28, 2022 6:03 AM

Jun 2021
22:09 that sounds kinda familiar or not really familiar but something that'll make a punk change.
Aug 10, 2022 9:17 PM

Nov 2010
Hmm, it's a dead giveaway that Itsuki is the girl from his past.

Oh man, I'd love to check Miku's mole!
Sep 4, 2022 2:17 PM
Aug 2022
first episode and I already know this will be a fantastic series.
Sep 29, 2022 10:25 PM
Feb 2020
terlalu monoton kisah cintanya
Oct 22, 2022 7:53 AM
Dec 2013
So I just watched tihis episode and it doesn't make any sense AT ALL.

He is looking for a girl from 5 years ago
The guy is 17-18, which means he was maybe 12-13 years old in those flashbacks

The children (the main characters themselves) in his memories don't look any older than maybe 8 years old or so

?????

Anime logic
Dec 8, 2022 12:18 AM
Dec 2022
I Like this anime so much
Dec 16, 2022 2:00 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
the mysterious girl seems to be Itsuki...well, the mystery begins!! kekeke
Jan 23, 2023 11:09 AM

Apr 2013
First half was a bit boring, second half was much better though. New art and animation is quite... basic though. Definitely inferior to season 1 in that regard.
Mar 3, 2023 10:50 PM
Mar 2023
Foi um bom começo xD
Mar 31, 2023 10:19 AM
Oct 2022
can someone explain why i liked the first one so much more?????
Jul 13, 2023 8:24 AM

Jun 2021
Probably i'll binge watch most of season 2 in a few days while going to a anime convention in my favorite italian city, but wanted at least today to watch the opening episode.

Not gonna lie... i approve the eye color switch for Usegi. Still extremely hard to imagine him with dyed blond hair and a ear ring at 12 years old, and bullying classmates even if i agree that most of maths is useless. It was funny when he once again couldn't tell apart all of them, but he could have kept for himself the dig at the idol anime / industry (ok, i told him off live when he said that, but with a joking tone). Of course, the sixth imaginary sister could be named only Mutsu or Mutsumi... considering a running tradition of the Love Live franchise to call every generation's supporting girls three-piece group with numerals (Mika / Miku, Yoshimi / Yotsuba, Itsuki in both examples...). Need to listen more the OP and ED even if i wasn't too impressed with the latter, for now.

Aug 13, 2023 6:57 PM
Aug 2023
was nice nothing crazy
Oct 4, 2023 12:30 PM

Oct 2020
ANIMATION IMPROVED ✨✨✨✨✨

THAT WAS VERY MUCH NEEDED, THANKS
☺️ EXCITED FOR THIS RIDE AS WELL.......
I WISH IT NEVER ENDS
WISHED I COULD ALSO GET TRANSPORTED TO A WORLD FULL OF MAGIC And DUNGEONS, please take me there too if you are able to (⁠ ⁠◜⁠‿⁠◝⁠ ⁠)⁠
Dec 13, 2023 10:46 PM
Oct 2019
Quintessential Quintuplets Ranking - S2E1
1. Ichika
-Cute competitiveness
-Awaiting further character development
2. Miku
-Continues to be loyal
-Connect with introverted personality
3. Nino
-Displays typical tsundere tendencies
-Awaiting further character development
4. Itsuki
-Heartwarmingly kind
-Lacks individuality
5. Yotsuba
-Lacks character development as usual
-Childish unattractiveness
_Takeryu_Dec 13, 2023 10:49 PM
May 23, 2:14 AM

Dec 2022
Damn different studio huh but I don't rlly mind the artstyle/animation differences. Lookin forward to the rest of the season yuh!

May 26, 10:33 AM

Mar 2023
great way to start off the first episode imo! :D
new artstyle looks really pretty, but wtf is going on with futarou's eye color...
Jun 22, 4:02 AM

Jul 2023
I watched several anime after season 1, and it seems worth it. It seems that season 2 is addictive as season 1.

Too bad he did not suspect the quintuplets by seeing theit photo. oh well.
Jul 25, 3:48 PM

May 2022
interesting start to this 2nd season, especially with the backstory with young Futaro. I'm surprised Nino was the first to actually visit Futaro in the hospital bed but she is acting like a brat as usual. Yotsuba has a great sense of smell she found Nino hiding. Miku so sweet and letting Futaro know that he can call the girls anytime if he felt lonely, but Futaro says he prefers being alone. Ichika is right about Futaro being distant and mean, Ichika hitting his head due to Futaro's response to Miku was perfect. He should try to warm up more, be more grateful, and be around these girls more often. Ichika and Miku feeding him croissants was cute.

Itsuki really wants to know why Futaro studies a lot and she doesn't trust his answer of "being his job as a student". Futaro and Itsuki staring at each other was funny and cute. As for Futaro's backstory, he was rebellious and energetic, especially with how he tried to invite someone to take pictures instead of studying math. One of the quintuplets vouched for young Futaro from the accusation of sneakily taking a photo of someone, and followed Futaro around since they were alone and needed to stick together. Some parallels here with the flashbacks; with the young quintuplet buying several lucky charms and present day Itsuki digging up her own lucky charm, present day Itsuki saying the sisters and herself need him while the flashback shows the young quintuplet saying she needs Futaro. Futaro waking up imagining the young quintuplet sitting there only to see Itsuki sitting there might also be a clue that the girl he met back then could really be Itsuki. I want to believe it was really Itsuki plus I ship Futaro and Itsuki, they are just so cute. Itsuki really wants to change and wants Futaro to help her, which is something I would love to see.

Nino and Itsuki being afraid of getting a vaccine because of the needle was funny, especially with the faces they were making. Nino with that menacing voice calling Futaro a hopeless pervert, typical Nino. Futaro figuring out that it was Ichika who threw that paper bag at him and called him a pervert was so cool to see, especially with Futaro cackling when he caught her. The girls did not do very well on another exam and Futaro needs to work hard again to get these girls to master their studies.
Aug 23, 9:03 AM
May 2020
pro israellllllllll
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Mar 25, 2021

269 by SanessyAdversary »»
Sep 15, 1:23 AM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Mar 18, 2021

214 by SanessyAdversary »»
Sep 15, 1:22 AM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Mar 11, 2021

202 by SanessyAdversary »»
Sep 14, 8:09 AM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

BradyLE__ - Mar 4, 2021

191 by SanessyAdversary »»
Aug 23, 9:52 PM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Feb 25, 2021

190 by SanessyAdversary »»
Aug 23, 6:32 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.