Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
May 1, 2016 4:36 PM

Nov 2014
error5000 said:
The only thing worth watching in this episode was the scene after credits.

Also, i'm starting to feel the subaru's character quite annoying, he doesn't know how to shut up for a moment?

His character is the only thing that makes him sane, wait until he completely breaks and i assure you he will and it will be brutal
May 1, 2016 4:36 PM

Oct 2012
Wow, I'm super satisfied with how this is going now, maybe in two or three episodes we'll be past the manga! I cannot wait for that because it's so stressful waiting for the scanlations xD
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
May 1, 2016 4:46 PM

Apr 2013
I'm loving this anime. So glad I didn't drop it because of my tight schedule.
Also watching JoJo, Sinbad and Boku wa hero academia, and they all just perfect.

clickable▲
May 1, 2016 4:46 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
He never seems to die an easy death. He should also take more care of his dog bites.....lol. 9/10
May 1, 2016 4:52 PM

Jan 2013
This is for all of the people that are saying this episode was pointless besides the last scene.

Potential spoilers (?) so I will spoiler tag this, since I am reading the manga, even though I don't think this is a spoiler.

edit: typos
210125May 1, 2016 4:57 PM
May 1, 2016 4:54 PM
Jul 2018
This whole episode is just amazing.
Expressions, voice acting, pacing, the very adaptation of scenes of the novel, everything.

Can't wait for the next episode.
Good job, White Fox.
May 1, 2016 5:00 PM

Apr 2015
if in final event of the series this author doesnt give Subaru a happy end with Emilia i'm going to buy a trip-ticket and kill him.

I'm seriously.

I Liked this episode, i didnt read the novels or manga but dont have any feeling this to be rushed.

4.5/5 is good to me.
May 1, 2016 5:07 PM

Mar 2010
Catalyze said:
He never seems to die an easy death. He should also take more care of his dog bites.....lol. 9/10

Hey now! The first one at start of this arc was pretty peaceful. Didn't feel a thing! XD
May 1, 2016 5:08 PM

Nov 2012
iRels said:
Something to note is how-

rude Subaru is. Keep this in mind before feeling sorry for him.

Anyway I won't be visiting the forums anymore until the show ends. Doing otherwise will only spoil me sooner or later. GL y'all.

Yeah I think the MC is pretty disrespectful about the pink haired girl, I mean sure the other one is obviously more talented, but to be so openly trashing her all the time is wrong to me.
Jaywalker.
May 1, 2016 5:10 PM

Sep 2013
What an episode! Everything is good so far.

He was poisoned at the end there. Rem cooks the food. That means she poisoned him, right--? Or was it Ram's bad cooking..? Or maybe both of them? What even orz

Am I the only one who finds the random cherry blossom wind effect weird? Lol It's been bugging me since episode four =w=;; I hope that doesn't mean anything..
May 1, 2016 5:12 PM

Aug 2014
I just remembered that Roswaal is the greatest wizard. Could he be the culprit? In addition, when Subaru talked about Roswaal, Rem expression shows that there is something between the two of them. There is a possibility that Rem doesn't follow Ram who conspired with Roswaal.
May 1, 2016 5:13 PM
Nov 2014
He was blown away down the hall in the post-credit scene. The only character I know that can do that currently is Beatrice, similar to the way she always throws him out of her room.
May 1, 2016 5:14 PM
May 2016
The reason why I think Subaru is being targeted and got sent to this mysterious world is because he probably has a mass amount of potential that will save the world or a few important people/things.

Other reason he might be getting killed like from episode #6 is because he's not ambitious at all and the world is trying to teach him a lesson.

Last reason is for love. There might be a Future subaru, and he knows what must be done in order to save Emilia or whoever he's In love with.

Hope this helps. Haven't read the manga btw
May 1, 2016 5:24 PM
Feb 2016
so we can assumed that Subaru killed because of poisoned by the dog bite and making promise with Emilia BUT heard by one of those maid

Ram specialize in killing in order to protect Roswaal-sama ( yet Ram is intended to use force if Subaru direspect Roswaal, i think)

and also he is gone die when he got some bleed on his hand

what if he didn't make any bleed on his hand?
oranghugoMay 1, 2016 5:28 PM
May 1, 2016 5:26 PM

Jan 2016
Love this series but for fucks sake Subaru is getting jacked up.

At this point I feel terrible for him, everytime he makes some head way he dies or gets slaughtered.

I do like the twins much more now, they came off as very friendly/likeable characters. Almost friendly enough that they might "like" Subaru more than they lead on, psude-harem starting here.

This series is right be Kabeneri for me as far as the best airing series so far.
May 1, 2016 5:38 PM

Mar 2010
Epicenter said:
Yeah I think the MC is pretty disrespectful about the pink haired girl, I mean sure the other one is obviously more talented, but to be so openly trashing her all the time is wrong to me.

Huh? I doubt he meant that in a really bad way, and Ram has been often more disrespectful to him. It's not one-sided thing at all. Still for the most part I don't either really mean anything by their jabs to each other.
Iron_MawMay 1, 2016 5:55 PM
May 1, 2016 5:40 PM

Jan 2016
This show is king this season, no contest.

Elsa - Queen of Seductive Rape Faces
May 1, 2016 5:57 PM

Mar 2011
Pretty boring episode, buuuut that ending after credits was so fuckin' good. Overall 4.5/5.

Men are props on the stage of life, and no matter how tender, how exquisite…
A lie will remain a lie.

May 1, 2016 6:15 PM

Jan 2016
people thinkin the puppy has a poison bite, the maids are demons

but i think it was lord kefka the nude that done him in
May 1, 2016 6:17 PM

Nov 2012
Jagd84 said:
Epicenter said:

Huh? I doubt he meant that in a really bad way, and Ram has been often more disrespectful to him. It's not one-sided thing at all. Still for the most part I don't either really mean anything by their jabs to each other.

But he even disrespects her in front of other people, I guess she's not particularly nice to him either but at least she actually aids him by teaching him stuff and making sure he's dressed. IDK how you can continuously compare someone to someone else saying they're completely lesser than that other person, and not mean it in a bad way?
Jaywalker.
May 1, 2016 6:19 PM
Jan 2014
They're pacing it really well for a pseudo time travel suspense series. I really respect that the writer added a touch of realism by making the assassination difficult to crack.

I can't stop thinking about the "it's cold" comment though. I will admit I'd be a little disappointed if it was one of the twins since it wouldn't be much of a twist. Emilia can manifest ice, but we know that the drop in body temperature it was induced by poison. And were the walls warping just a nod to the effects of the poison? Or was it actually caused by spacial distortion?
May 1, 2016 6:28 PM

Mar 2010
Epicenter said:
Jagd84 said:

But he even disrespects her in front of other people, I guess she's not particularly nice to him either but at least she actually aids him by teaching him stuff and making sure he's dressed. IDK how you can continuously compare someone to someone else saying they're completely lesser than that other person, and not mean it in a bad way?

What? I don't ever remember him doing that, the screencap posted literal closest thing he's ever come close to saying anything bad about public or otherwise. She on the other goes calling him Barasu all the time and generally makes fun of him (like with how his clothes don't fit) all the time, and even going to falling asleep when she's supposed to be teaching him. Besides it was also Rem herself also stated that Ram was inferior as her maid. He still takes it stride at least. I don't think we have been watching the same show going by your revisionist history. Besides this shouldn't stop anyone for feeling bad for Subaru, especially since a petty reason like that isn't excuse to get killed.
Iron_MawMay 1, 2016 7:03 PM
May 1, 2016 6:33 PM

Jun 2010
Jesus Christ, that was straight up savagery.

Personally i think the killer is a hired gun aiming to kill Emilia since she's a candidate for the throne and Subaru/the entire household was just collateral damage.

it's been a while since an anime has made me crave the original source material, the irony in this case being that it isn't available.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
May 1, 2016 6:37 PM

Nov 2009
I'm afraid of even clicking on these episodes' threads, in case I read some kind of spoiler, but I need to write it down here: this anime is amazing.

(THIS WAY FOREVER)

Jan 2013
Fantastic episode, especially the ending.
5/5

Jan 2013
So things were slightly different this time, but he still got her yes ;)
Emilia is so cute :3 No wonder Subaru fell in love with her.
OMG This anime kills me with its plot twists......
This anime can change from very funny to death and serious stuff in like few seconds, and normally the bad stuff happens after the ED. And that ending...damn.
Can't wait for next episode to see how he is planning to survive and who is trying to kill him.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 1, 2016 6:42 PM

Mar 2014
well its certainly entertaining to watch our neet protagonist getting suffered to death by different executions each time.
May 1, 2016 6:43 PM

Oct 2011
This episode focused on Rem and Ram. So next episode will be Beatrice focus episode and solving the mystery of who killed him then?
If so then Subuaru should hang out with Betty in her room. The safest place in the entire mansion.

Dat dog bite and girl are very suspicious.

So first death was poison. This was by some creature...demon???
May 1, 2016 6:51 PM

Jul 2009
Goddamn Subaru is far too awesome to deserve this treatment! ANYONE WHO HURTS SUBARU IS MY ENEMY!

Everytime he revives as long as the scene with puck is repeated I'm good.
May 1, 2016 6:54 PM

Sep 2011
Okay, stop with the spoilers people. This is an ANIME ONLY discussion.
May 1, 2016 7:11 PM

Apr 2015
The anime made it seem pretty brutal but what it was adapted from was on another level. Poor Subaru's got it coming.

Obviously NSFW
hi
Sets
Last FM
Anime List
Manga List
Clue no. 2: Somewhere in one of the pictures in my forum signature.
May 1, 2016 7:15 PM

Oct 2015
Damn Emilia and Rem is totally cute in this episode. And I think this is become to another lightheart episode . Then that ending come..
May 1, 2016 7:47 PM

Aug 2008
Hmm. At this rate, this is gonna feel more like a murder mystery series than anything. Not that I dislike CSI-sorta settings.
I do feel that it's both interesting to have him solve the mysteries of how he's killed, reset, and then try to escape his fate with his cheating ability.
Sure, takes a toll on the mind, bu t who cares, you're basically immortal.

Still, I'm really unsure as to who's killed him twice now. And even then, it's still unknown whomever killed him the first time in the mansion was the same killer now.
All that we know (anime-only watchers), is that he was either poisoned or cursed, and then when he resisted, he got butchered to death. It's gonna be interesting to see how he's gonna adapt on his next reset.
May 1, 2016 7:54 PM

Nov 2011
Cookies said:
The anime made it seem pretty brutal but what it was adapted from was on another level. Poor Subaru's got it coming.

Obviously NSFW

It suck being Subaru. Wonder when he will break from all this dying all over again.

May 1, 2016 8:20 PM

Nov 2014
I'm convinced someone in charge of this story is a Type-Moon fan.
Anyway, when will the MC mention the time restarts to someone. I'm hoping he mentions it to the blond loli next episode. She did seem slightly interested when she was playing with the cat.
May 1, 2016 8:29 PM

Dec 2014
Subaru is so fun to watch but seeing him die like this is really painful
May 1, 2016 8:29 PM

Jul 2010
Well that was an extremely dark and morbid ending to a light and fluffy episode. I need to hug a kitten or something.
May 1, 2016 8:33 PM

Nov 2012
Jagd84 said:
Epicenter said:

What? I don't ever remember him doing that, the screencap posted literal closest thing he's ever come close to saying anything bad about public or otherwise. She on the other goes calling him Barasu all the time and generally makes fun of him (like with how his clothes don't fit) all the time, and even going to falling asleep when she's supposed to be teaching him. Besides it was also Rem herself also stated that Ram was inferior as her maid. He still takes it stride at least. I don't think we have been watching the same show going by your revisionist history. Besides this shouldn't stop anyone for feeling bad for Subaru, especially since a petty reason like that isn't excuse to get killed.

I wasn't clear enough, I was agreeing with the poster that the MC was being harsh/rude. However, I wasn't trying to say it's okay to slaughter him or say he had it coming, I should of mentioned I didn't agree that people should think about it before feeling sorry for him, since it doesn't matter for something so brutal. I just think it's not right how he talks about her. Also context matters, Rem is her sister and probably they've known each other for a long time so it's more appropriate she'd be able to say these things-not that I think she has said so in the same way as the MC has, there's a difference between saying you're better at something than someone vs mocking/demeaning the other person, and she still gives her sister credit despite being better.-, while the MC barely knows her and yet talks very loosely with insults.

Like I don't want to go back to the prior episode, but I'm pretty sure when they were explaining their duties the MC was like "then what's the point of her?" or something to that effect because Rem was better at the only things Ram was good at. And then this episode he is in the bath with the boss of all people and is talking about how inferior Ram is, and how it doesn't make sense Ram is treated as the superior just for being older. And he also tells Rem she loves her sister too much.I did indicate that Ram isn't perfect towards him either, but like to me there's a big difference. I think making fun of someone's clothes and messiness aren't on the same level as just straight up talking about people's worth and stick your nose into their family relations, especially when you barely know a person. He's doing it slightly in a comical fashion, but I just don't think it's proper conduct.
Jaywalker.
May 1, 2016 8:40 PM
May 2015
Loving this show so far, but I was expecting more out of the last scene tbh from reading the manga prior to this.
May 1, 2016 8:54 PM
May 2015
I think, ram kill him. I don't know how to explain it, but that's how I feel
May 1, 2016 8:57 PM

Aug 2012
The ending visuals are simple yet amazing.

Another brutal death for Subaru. I cant help but notice the detail on his hand were he was bit by the dog. I wonder if there's more to it or if it's relevant to him dying. The person who killed him seems to be using chains and illusions.
May 1, 2016 8:58 PM
Jun 2010
This anime is so glorious.

So.. every episode will end in a cliffhanger?
May 1, 2016 9:09 PM
Jul 2018
The scene where Ram jump over the puddle and Subaru fail made me lol.

When the ending kicked in I though that we won't have a cliff hanger this week but then ... I haven't felt this intense when watching anime for a while after Steins; Gate loop ... Oh wait, they are from the same studio.
May 1, 2016 9:14 PM
Mar 2016
d388 said:
guyklc said:
This whole episode up to the credits felt like a massive waste of time. Rather than hitting on girls, Subaru should have used this chance to investigate what could have possibly caused his death previously.
Yeah, exactly. Let's take away the show from its shitty writers and give it to you, because it's ridiculous how the current producers can't deal with something so obvious and annoying.
Subaru is not hitting on girls. Also, this is obviously an episode with heavy character exposition and very low story content. And Subaru is actually investigated it. You just don't notice it.
Here's Subaru's goal: Making his date with Emilia happen by stopping his death by learning who the killer is.
Subaru's methodology: Keep all things constant (unchanged) and then don't sleep on the day of killing. He will learn who the killer is by not sleeping and avoid the killer if he can and look at the killer's attributes.
What actually happened: He is unable to keep things constant perfectly, but is able to roughly keep the storyline as similar as possible. He is able to invite Emilia for a date, but unfortunately, he is unable to escape the killer. If he is able to get some data abouth the killer on the night he was killed, it is a nice step forward.
hungryheart95 said:
... this episode was basically the same as the last episode. There was barely any story development at all. Yes he didnt actually retrace all his steps from the previous episode but damn the story did not go anywhere at all. I hope this wont be a short series since they have an episode to waste on the same thing. They should have atleast showed us who or why or how he keeps dying.
Agree that there's not much story development, but it's because they sacrificed it for character exposition. He retraced his steps (he attempted to do so because that's his plan), but he failed to do it perfectly. But he successfully repeated the story so his plan is still successful. This is not a short series. They really dragged the exposition on why, how he keeps dying.
hungryheart95 said:
He already did all that the previous episode there was no need to repeat the process again and again.
Why do you say that? Subaru needs to repeat the process because everything is doing well in his favor, except the killing. Maybe he applies the term "don't fix anything that ain't broke". He only fixes the part that he does not want to happen, which is the killing. So he changed his behavior "sleep at night" to "don't sleep until he dealt on the killer".
hungryheart95 said:
It feels like this episode was just a filler. And what you are saying is POINTLESS. Becuase no matter how much he builds his relationship and developtment on other characters it will all be gone and reset back to ZERO once he die. There was no development at all other than him finding out the someone does kill him at night. That was the whole point of the episode.
This episode is important for those who wants to know the characters more and the watchers who wanted to speculate which of them is the killer.
Epicenter said:
I don't think he is disrespectful. And I believe he said just it in terms of ability, not as a person. If he really compared the twins, then maybe he said it because he thinks their personalities and appearance are exactly the same. It's harsh, but it's accurate.
May 1, 2016 9:16 PM

Mar 2010
Epicenter said:
Jagd84 said:

I wasn't clear enough, I was agreeing with the poster that the MC was being harsh/rude. However, I wasn't trying to say it's okay to slaughter him or say he had it coming, I should of mentioned I didn't agree that people should think about it before feeling sorry for him, since it doesn't matter for something so brutal. I just think it's not right how he talks about her. Also context matters, Rem is her sister and probably they've known each other for a long time so it's more appropriate she'd be able to say these things-not that I think she has said so in the same way as the MC has, there's a difference between saying you're better at something than someone vs mocking/demeaning the other person, and she still gives her sister credit despite being better.-, while the MC barely knows her and yet talks very loosely with insults.

Like I don't want to go back to the prior episode, but I'm pretty sure when they were explaining their duties the MC was like "then what's the point of her?" or something to that effect because Rem was better at the only things Ram was good at. And then this episode he is in the bath with the boss of all people and is talking about how inferior Ram is, and how it doesn't make sense Ram is treated as the superior just for being older. And he also tells Rem she loves her sister too much.I did indicate that Ram isn't perfect towards him either, but like to me there's a big difference. I think making fun of someone's clothes and messiness aren't on the same level as just straight up talking about people's worth and stick your nose into their family relations, especially when you barely know a person. He's doing it slightly in a comical fashion, but I just don't think it's proper conduct.

That doesn't mean he's being mean to her. He seriously expected two have their own specfics at what they were good at not that one of them being better at everything. Furthermore nobody took an offense to his bewilderment about it because it is true. Doesn't mean he hates or treats her badly, in fact he's pretty cordial with while most of the barbs come from her. Most of what Ram may be a long lines of teasing, but she share moments of being rude moreso than him. So no fair to singling him out for one or two comments while ignoring a whole bunch what she says to him. That's why I feel like this argument is moot because both are at least guilty of it.
May 1, 2016 9:22 PM

Nov 2015
While I'm very much in with the non dark stuff going on, funny moments of Subaru with the twins and Roswaal and all... I wonder if they are baiting us with a dark cliffhanger after every ep.
Like come on! Just don't go on to show Subaru getting murdered after the ED, while the whole episode went to be a fun ride with pleasing moments.
May 1, 2016 9:22 PM
Dec 2014
I was about to drop this after how annoying Subaru was last week. But man this episode was pretty good.
May 1, 2016 9:42 PM

Sep 2014
Damn he got thrashed. Subaru need someone to teach him some self-defense techniques. Like forget about learning the language :P!
May 1, 2016 9:50 PM
May 2016
i just had to make a account to say that what happened before the end of the episode was really important for the plot and character development, they can't just cut that out. it's going to get even better. best anime of the season so far
May 1, 2016 9:53 PM

Nov 2012
Jagd84 said:
Epicenter said:

That doesn't mean he's being mean to her. He seriously expected two have their own specfics at what they were good at not that one of them being better at everything. Furthermore nobody took an offense to his bewilderment about it because it is true. Doesn't mean he hates or treats her badly, in fact he's pretty cordial with while most of the barbs come from her. Most of what Ram may be a long lines of teasing, but she share moments of being rude moreso than him. So no fair to singling him out for one or two comments while ignoring a whole bunch what she says to him. That's why I feel like this argument is moot because both are at least guilty of it.

Well we just disagree on what is proper conduct, I consider her comments to be minor in comparison.
Jaywalker.
Pages (13) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2016

763 by AnimatedAddict »»
Yesterday, 4:33 PM

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - Apr 24

22 by Brandis_king »»
Yesterday, 10:04 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2016

792 by AnimatedAddict »»
May 22, 8:38 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2016

863 by AnimatedAddict »»
May 22, 3:22 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2016

1830 by AnimatedAddict »»
May 21, 4:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.