yeah but the most memorable would be Clannad after story
Oct 15, 2016 4:28 PM

Apr 2015
Naw, never went close.
Not a problem though, I almost never cry after watching anything anyway
Oct 15, 2016 4:29 PM

Feb 2016
i cri evrytiem

I've cried at a few anime (notably, not Angel Beats), but then, I've also cried at a good number of non-anime TV shows and films, as well as novels, and even (more rarely) opera. I'm pretty sure the tears at the end of The Lord of the Rings came from eye strain, though. Der Ring des Nibelungen was definitely eye strain.

I don't think I'm an emotional trainwreck, nor that you should call yourself a total monster: different people have different ways of reacting to things. The physical act of crying or even just welling up isn't necessary to consider yourself affected by an anime; it's what's inside that counts!
Oct 15, 2016 4:33 PM

Jan 2013
crimsonYukito said:
I'll be honest, and yes, I feel like a total monster! I only have cried twice in my entire 16+ years as an anime fan.

I cried during the ending of Death Note, and I cried during a scene in Naruto when Sakura was feeling sorry for always being a liability to both Naruto and Sasuke. When she started to take a surge of courage and faith in herself, I just began welling up.

But besides those two particular moments, I don't think I ever cried at any other scenes in any other anime. But something tells me I may just not be remembering some of the other moments that got me teary-eyed.

So back to the question, "Does anime make you cry?" -- and I will add: Do you cry often, some of the time or not at all?

It happens pretty rarely. I think Eureka 7 fucked me up because whenever a character runs away from their problems I start tearing up.

I usually never cry though. Angel Beats did get me a little though I wont lie... Also got kinda effected by Ryner getting the death sentence in the Legend of the Legendary Heroes.
Oct 15, 2016 4:41 PM
Jul 2018
Yes, quite a few times. I'm pretty easy to bring to tears when it comes to sad stories.

The most recent anime I've teared up at was Natsume Yuujinchou Go.
Oct 15, 2016 4:44 PM
Jul 2018
M0M0I said:
Yes, quite a few times. I'm pretty easy to bring to tears when it comes to sad stories.

lol that post doesn't fit your forum set at all, like not even a bit, I haven't seen the anime you've mentioned so I thought it was some hentai or something but no... turns out I know the show and I just haven't seen it yet.

I mean I am so confused.
Oct 15, 2016 4:50 PM
Jul 2018
Darek said:
very rarely tbh

for example I cried during 5 centimeters per second, the ending, oh god, the fact that I wasted an hour watching it just made me cry at the end

serious answer tho: some moment did made me tear up a little like the obvious moments in clannad and so on.

You and me both. I am always waiting for the next moment though... the Sakura scene I teared up too was the most recent moment for me. The gap between the Death Note cry and the Naruto cry was at least 8 years apart lol.

Fasolt said:
i cri evrytiem

I've cried at a few anime (notably, not Angel Beats), but then, I've also cried at a good number of non-anime TV shows and films, as well as novels, and even (more rarely) opera. I'm pretty sure the tears at the end of The Lord of the Rings came from eye strain, though. Der Ring des Nibelungen was definitely eye strain.

I don't think I'm an emotional trainwreck, nor that you should call yourself a total monster: different people have different ways of reacting to things. The physical act of crying or even just welling up isn't necessary to consider yourself affected by an anime; it's what's inside that counts!

It's a spur of the moment thing with me, I can't set my watch to to it, just certain moments within certain anime trigger that physical response of tears. I am only calling myself a monster because of the lack of amount of tears I've shed, despite how sad these series were -- but that's very true that not all types of reactions have to be physical. I've felt the sadness for many of the characters in many scenes though did not feel the need to physically cry per-say.
Oct 15, 2016 4:52 PM
Jul 2018
M0M0I said:

I'm still kicking myself for not even shedding a single tear to the Natsume Yuujinchou anime. I love that series! x.x rip...
Oct 15, 2016 5:00 PM

Feb 2016
crimsonYukito said:
It's a spur of the moment thing with me, I can't set my watch to to it, just certain moments within certain anime trigger that physical response of tears. I am only calling myself a monster because of the lack of amount of tears I've shed, despite how sad these series were -- but that's very true that not all types of reactions have to be physical. I've felt the sadness for many of the characters in many scenes though did not feel the need to physically cry per-say.

That's perfectly reasonable: after all, if you could set your watch to it, there's no real meaning to having teared up. I think the main thing is that you've felt the sadness: that is what really shows you've connected with the characters and have empathised with them. It would be a shame to come away from a really touching moment feeling disappointed in yourself for not having cried; it's better to accept that you just don't necessarily express your emotion in that way, and continue to enjoy and be moved by what you're watching. I've also had a few tears of joy at many happy moments; so likewise, if internally you feel exuberance or relief at such times, that's the true sign of your emotional bond.
Oct 15, 2016 5:01 PM
Jul 2016
I only ever cried once from an anime, when I was about 11. I had just seen the end of Dragonball GT for the first time, and there went my first series of anime.
Oct 15, 2016 5:24 PM

Oct 2015
It makes me cry all the time, because it could be so great and yet it is so terrible overall.
"I came here to sniff Madoka panties and kick witch ass and I am all out 'doka panties" - Homora Akemi
Oct 15, 2016 5:26 PM

Mar 2010
I've certainly cried, or at the very least, teared up at some specific scenes.

Oct 15, 2016 5:31 PM
Dec 2015
I've cried way more than I'd like to admit.

Clannad, Shigatsu, Anohana, Chrono Crusade, Silver Spoon, Shirobako, K-ON (way more than I ever thought I would), FMA: Brotherhood, Gurren Lagann, Plastic Memories, Air, and I've gotten close to the verge of crying at a few more. Angel Beats never managed to get to me though because the characters were so bland and underdeveloped that I just couldn't care about them.
Oct 15, 2016 5:33 PM
Dec 2014
I get heart aches. The tears just don't come.
Jan 11, 2017 12:40 AM

Aug 2015
I have cried to some. e.g. madoka magica
My hot seat: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1582823
watch me be a huge noob: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Vav-Cb1biI

megaminx+pyraminx :)
Jan 13, 2017 7:23 AM
Jan 2017
I used to cry on sad animes or character deaths alot. But now i don't cry anymore what happend to me? :((
Jan 13, 2017 7:39 AM

Nov 2015
Hunter x Hunter 2011 - when ant girl met her mother again during chimera ant arc
Anohana - self explanatory

are the only ones i think.
Jan 13, 2017 7:52 AM
Jul 2018
Maybe sad anime can make me cry, but Gintama has made me cried over and over again. Damn it! Some of his episodes just pure sad like old man and the dog arc or Suzuran courtesan and his lover promise arc.
Jan 13, 2017 8:09 AM

Feb 2014
Although I'm not afraid to cry, in most cases I manage to keep my composure. But to this day I can't watch 5 centimeters per second without crying like a baby. I really like the song at the end (One more time, one more chance), but when he starts to sing I just fall apart.
Jan 13, 2017 8:42 AM

Jul 2014
if its a very sad one....yeah ofc....usually not really :|
Jan 13, 2017 8:59 AM

Jun 2016
Yea specially in
Code Geass R2 (death of luffy)
One piece (death of Ace) T^T
Jan 14, 2017 3:51 AM
Sep 2015
Only time I cried was during Legend of the Galactic Heroes and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. I cried manly tears.
Jan 14, 2017 4:41 AM

Jan 2017
I never cried in an anime or movie, I mean, you can get sad and stuff but not to the point of crying. That just depends on the person really.
May 30, 2017 1:36 AM

Apr 2017
Grave of the Fireflies- the movie will make the stone cry.

Akatsuki no Yona OVA - Zeno's past was emotional.

Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (TV) - When you see Nagisa cry I dare you to hold your tears.

Sailor Moon R: The Movie - The tragic relationship between Fiore and Mamoru is heartbreaking.

Boku dake ga Inai Machi - When Kayo and Satoru meet after 15 years.

Fushigi Yuugi - Nuriko death scene.

Golden Time - Banri informs Linda of his breakup with Kōko. Banri and Linda argue. Banri reveals to Mitsuo his past relationship with Linda and apologizes for not telling him

Neon Genesis Evangelion - Episode 24 Kaworu.

Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo - Kaworu.

Noragami - When Yukine receiving punishment through an ablution, forcing Yukine to endure pain.

Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki - When Ame abandons his mom.

Re:Zero - Episode 15.

Yahari Ore no Seishun Rabu Kome wa Machigatteiru - Hachiman fights back tears when he reveals that he truly wishes to understand the feelings of those around him.

May 30, 2017 1:47 AM

Sep 2015
Some anime push me straight to the edge and my eye went watery af
B O T T O M T E X T
May 30, 2017 6:49 AM

Nov 2016
Many sad anime like shigatsu,plastic memmories and others anime my friends recommend to me doesn't make me cry just sad.
So no you are not heartless

KazuroWeisemann said:
xRhai said:
Im suprised you havent seen clannad yet. Now watch a true masterpiece and edit your post

I dont think clannad would also have any effect ... Also I kjinda got spoiled for clannad so I never get in the mood to watch it..

You should try clannad! I got spoiled to before watching it but no ragrets
I dont shed any tears in the first season but I cry like a baby 3 time in after story truly a masterpiece
May 30, 2017 6:53 AM

Mar 2017
I already dropped some tears.
FMA:B and Steins;Gate have tons of heartbreaking scenes.
May 30, 2017 7:17 AM
Feb 2016
The only moment when I cried was when I watch shirobako, as it feels so realistic.
May 30, 2017 7:21 AM

Apr 2016
idk for sure, cus i never cry while watching anime.. Just never done it before! emmmmm.
u'll never understood how the feel to be me. When the boundaries limit me to express or share my feeling. When u want to explain the truth but
you are not allowed to. When u need someone to
talk but u can't say anything
May 30, 2017 7:30 AM
Apr 2017
Ive watched animes like: Your lie in april, Angel beats and Anohana but never cried.
The only moment i cried was when Naruto said goodbye to Minato
May 30, 2017 9:22 AM

Jul 2008
Quite a few times actually:
Shirobako - ep 23
Love Live! 2 - when they finally decided to end muse
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso - final episode

May 30, 2017 9:36 AM

May 2017
I never cry when i watch anime and i think it's normal
May 30, 2017 10:19 AM

Jan 2013
I'm such a crybaby so the answer is "yas". :')

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
May 30, 2017 10:25 AM

Apr 2017
Least Masterpiece of Jun Maeda that shed me tears are Clannad and Little busters!

More like MANLY TEARS

Welp There goes my soul leaving apart my body

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
May 30, 2017 11:01 AM
Mar 2017
KazuroWeisemann said:
Call me heartless but I have watched many anime such as Angel beats , Kanon (2006) , Little Busters , Charlotte (Basically Key anime) And I have never cried by watching anime , Although that dosen't mean I didnt enjoy them ... I did like the Story , Characters and the emotional touch the anime gave ... So is it just me who is so 'Heartless' Or am I not alone?

Hey we are the same :v is it actually weird tho? Oh u should try afterstory, its the real test for ur heart :v ive gotten through it without tears tho
May 30, 2017 11:03 AM

Apr 2016
Hell yeah. Whether it's a happy moment, sad moment, a death, or even some epic scenes have made me cry.
May 30, 2017 11:07 AM

Oct 2015
it'd be hard to cry at key adaptations knowing that they are all just emotionally manipulative
"I came here to sniff Madoka panties and kick witch ass and I am all out 'doka panties" - Homora Akemi
May 30, 2017 11:14 AM

Jul 2015
Yeah whenever I see milk get spilled in anime I cry.
May 30, 2017 11:54 AM

May 2017
Only cry to Natsume Yuujinchou series, Wolf children ame yuki, Hotarubi no mori e, Hotaru no haka, Hybrid child, Daiya no a(cry only for sawamura and chris senpai) and it's like 5-7 years ago(?)....never cry again at all when watching anime after that until now....:/
livexevilMay 30, 2017 12:00 PM
May 30, 2017 12:45 PM

Jan 2017
I cry during many animes. Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, Toradora and Plastic Memories recently and Kanon is also now added.
May 31, 2017 11:58 PM

Dec 2012
Stridex said:
KazuroWeisemann said:
Call me heartless but I have watched many anime such as Angel beats , Kanon (2006) , Little Busters , Charlotte (Basically Key anime) And I have never cried by watching anime , Although that dosen't mean I didnt enjoy them ... I did like the Story , Characters and the emotional touch the anime gave ... So is it just me who is so 'Heartless' Or am I not alone?

Hey we are the same :v is it actually weird tho? Oh u should try afterstory, its the real test for ur heart :v ive gotten through it without tears tho

That is not possible either .. My younger sister spoiled most of it for me ..

Jun 1, 2017 12:01 AM
Mar 2016
Yeah, I really cried when I finished Clannad After Story and Shigatsu Wa Kimi No Uso. They were the first anime that made me cry.
Jun 1, 2017 12:08 AM

Apr 2017
I purposefully seek out anime that make me cry. Here are some of my successes (in no particular order).

1) Texhnolyze: This induces an odd sort of crying. It is very empty and dry crying. I cry every time I hear the ending song...

2) 5 Centimeters per Second: A story of distance too real for me to bear.

3) Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom: The ending destroyed my feelings.
Jun 1, 2017 12:21 AM

Feb 2017
Yes, sometimes. Not just in sad moments,in happy moments too. Usually when your emotions resonate with the anime's circumstances,you may shed some tears, unknowingly. You won't cry at someone's pain or happiness unless you feel the same emotions as him/her.

Some honourable mentions should include...
1. When Sasuke acknowledged Naruto after their final battle. I can't express what kind of feeling I felt​ when I saw that. But Sasuke's suffering,then realising the wrongs he's done,how Naruto suffered for him... felt it with all of heart.
2.When Kousei suffers mentally after watching Kaori's critical condition and not being able to save the cat.
3.When Ushio cries in Tomoya's arm.
WinterEnlightenJun 1, 2017 12:28 AM
Jun 1, 2017 12:50 AM

Feb 2017
Gator said:
kazuro said:

I appreciate your concern ... :)

To me Personally Happy moments have much more effect than sad moments

Same for me, sad moments need to have the right music too for me to cry a bit :3

I absolutely appreciate it. Music has a great influence wheather you'll be emotional or not.
I listened to a soundtrack of Clannad, Nagisa : Farewell at the Foot of the Hill,before watching it. I knew right away that the anime will be sad.
WinterEnlightenJun 1, 2017 12:53 AM
Jun 1, 2017 12:51 AM
May 2017
From time to time.. And not only because of drama.
It can happen during some happy moments too.
Jun 1, 2017 6:16 AM

Jan 2010
I cried all the time watching anime. Emotional moments (whether it's sad/happy/epic)
Jun 1, 2017 6:30 AM

Jan 2014
KazuroWeisemann said:
pff i have never cried to those, i just cant. that just means youre not looking at what makes u feel.

angel beats couldnt even beat rainbow to bring out my tears.
Sonic X is basically an isekai
Jun 1, 2017 6:32 AM

Jun 2016
Depends on what I'm watching. Can't say no.
Jun 1, 2017 6:33 AM

Jan 2014
Gesu- said:
I cry thinking about my life while watching anime..
.... so depressing. nothing makes me cry more than depression
Sonic X is basically an isekai
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» Would you quit Anime if Anime caters to the West?

Dragevard - Jun 15

46 by RainAndLava »»
2 minutes ago

» Anime you wouldn't watch? ( 1 2 )

coolyfruity - Jun 15

52 by ToG25thBaam »»
12 minutes ago

» did your anime watching habits change over time gradually ?

ame - 1 hour ago

2 by Blackfire2340 »»
17 minutes ago

» What are some kinks anime has awoken inside you?

Thy-Veseveia - 4 hours ago

15 by ToG25thBaam »»
19 minutes ago

» How do you behave in front of a cute girl ( 1 2 )

SgtBateMan - Yesterday

54 by SgtBateMan »»
23 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.