Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Feb 19, 2015 2:59 AM

Apr 2008
ma103 said:
Darklight0303 said:
Ah yes the typical Mine fanatic defense. Generalization. How cute.

Says the main culprit who made all her haters look retarded.

PS: mine has already won you over considering you are feeling so insecure that 99% of your posts are trying to make her look bad. I bet even the craziest mine fan pays less attention than you.

typical delusional drivel from a zelaous Mine lover. Nothing new here
Feb 19, 2015 3:05 AM

Jan 2014
MilviBritannia said:

Darklight0303 said:

Ah yes the typical Mine fanatic defense. Generalization. How cute.

How did you get fanatic from what he wrote? He barely mentions Mine and focuses on Esdeath.
In his mind:
Doesnt hate Mine with passion==Typical Mine fanatic,trying to worship her

[sarcasm]Because obviously there is no middle ground on earth..Everything is black and white...And everyone rate anime 1 or 10 for the same obvious reasons...You cant both like some parts and dislike other parts of something,someone rationally...[/sarcasm]
LoneWizzyFeb 19, 2015 3:10 AM
Feb 19, 2015 3:33 AM

May 2014
Darklight0303 said:

You seriously need to re-evaluate the definition of the word zealous. As loneywizard says it is not black and white and some people seem to just plain disagree with your "zealous" and largely unexplained hatred for Mine.
Feb 20, 2015 8:56 PM

Oct 2014
MilviBritannia said:
Darklight0303 said:

You seriously need to re-evaluate the definition of the word zealous. As loneywizard says it is not black and white and some people seem to just plain disagree with your "zealous" and largely unexplained hatred for Mine.

His constant asshurtness both annoys & excites me.

And before he tries to say i'm a Mine "fanboy" my fav woman is Kurome.
Feb 20, 2015 9:27 PM
Oct 2014
GC-Wave said:
MilviBritannia said:

His constant asshurtness both annoys & excites me.

And before he tries to say i'm a Mine "fanboy" my fav woman is Kurome.

i would like kurome but she killed chelsea T^T
Feb 25, 2015 3:18 PM

Oct 2014
Mine isnt even the worst lead female MC.

Kaoru
Sakura
Pan

are worse than Mine

Mine I would rank her at the same level as Manga Kagome from Inuyasha,(Anime Kagome is annoying).

Mar 18, 2015 4:24 PM

Sep 2013
I've always chalked it up to her beginning as a small-breasted tsundere Who wore nothing but pink. First impressions can make or break a lot of things, but even I, a pink-hating tsundere-hating guy, saw that she was different.
Mar 18, 2015 5:13 PM

Oct 2013
I don't like her because she ruins any possibility of esdeath x tatsumi pairing. Also she's not that cute in her character design department.
Mar 18, 2015 5:16 PM

Jan 2014
keragamming said:
I don't like her because she ruins any possibility of esdeath x tatsumi pairing. Also she's not that cute in her character design department.
that kind of possibility never existed
Mar 19, 2015 2:53 PM

Sep 2013
keragamming said:

That's just stupid. You're stupid.
Mar 22, 2015 12:20 AM

Oct 2013
Old_Raven said:
keragamming said:

That's just stupid. You're stupid.

Hey, that's not a nice thing to say. Especially when its my opinion. I don't like her character design, I don't like her personality. And finally I think she's the worst pairing the author choose for tatsumi. Even akame is better.

You don't agree with my opinion? That's fine. But calling someone stupid for that just shows how immature you're.

@loneywizard there was a tiny possibility, but yea my pairings generally never comes into fruition.
Mar 22, 2015 2:27 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Can I just take a moment to say how amazing this pairing is?

We actually have an established coupling between a shounen protagonist and a girl who is not the obvious lead heroine, not the first girl who confessed to him, and not even mentioned in the synopsis of the series itself. How absurdly rare is that?? Seriously we have an actual coupling which you could not take for granted just by reading the synopsis and looking at the cover of the series itself! This is something you seriously only see maybe once in a hundred anime/manga (which in and of itself is a terribly sad realization but yeah). The only time this would normally ever happen would be in some overly-serious melodramatic romance series, but in an action/fantasy story? Never.

At first glance you would logically assume it'd have to be Akane, then after a little while you might be leaning more towards Esdeath as it was kind of leaning that way, but no guess what it's Mine. Furthermore at this point in the series I think we can all rest assured that those two have way more fans than Mine does, which would put a lot of pressure on the author for actually pairing Tatsumi together with her as there will surely be a lot of #angry fans for doing so. But no, he just goes ahead and does it anyway. Major props to Takahiro for actually giving the middle finger to one of the stupidest patterns in the animanga industry.

Actually whether or not you happen to like Mine as a character isn't really the issue here. The mere fact that this plot development even occured is enlightening in and of itself. I seriously wish more anime/manga could learn from this notion so they wouldn't be so fucking predictable.
HaXXspettenMar 22, 2015 2:55 AM
Mar 22, 2015 2:36 AM

Jan 2014
^ What he said...
Mar 22, 2015 3:14 AM

Dec 2013
HaXXspetten said:

We actually have an established coupling between a shounen protagonist and a girl who is not the obvious lead heroine, not the first girl who confessed to him, and not even mentioned in the synopsis of the series itself. How absurdly rare is that?? Seriously we have an actual coupling which you could not take for granted just by reading the synopsis and looking at the cover of the series itself! This is something you seriously only see maybe once in a hundred anime/manga (which in and of itself is a terribly sad realization but yeah). The only time this would normally ever happen would be in some overly-serious melodramatic romance series, but in an action/fantasy story? Never.

At first glance you would logically assume it'd have to be Akane, then after a little while you might be leaning more towards Esdeath as it was kind of leaning that way, but no guess what it's Mine. Furthermore at this point in the series I think we can all rest assured that those two have way more fans than Mine does, which would put a lot of pressure on the author for actually pairing Tatsumi together with her as there will surely be a lot of #angry fans for doing so. But no, he just goes ahead and does it anyway. Major props to Takahiro for actually giving the middle finger to one of the stupidest patterns in the animanga industry.

Actually whether or not you happen to like Mine as a character isn't really the issue here. The mere fact that this plot development even occured is enlightening in and of itself. I seriously wish more anime/manga could learn from this notion so they wouldn't be so
fucking predictable.

This is the only reason why I find Tatsumi x Mine pairing tolerable because of how rare it is. I have never know in literally any shounen for the MC to actually start dating a girl and even declaring his intention to marry her ever before the final chapter.. There have been so many series where the author would just tease throughout the series then just try to tack it on at the end.

I do wish more series would do this as well. Either that or just don't do it at all and not just hint at it and causing ridiculous pairing wars. *cough Naruto *cough
Mar 22, 2015 3:17 AM

Apr 2008
HaXXspetten said:

Actually whether or not you happen to like Mine as a character isn't really the issue here. The mere fact that this plot development even occured is enlightening in and of itself. I seriously wish more anime/manga could learn from this notion so they wouldn't be so fucking predictable.

You have no idea what a properly built up pairing really is if you think this hamfisted travesty is good writing.
Mar 22, 2015 3:22 AM

Jan 2008
HaXXspetten said:

Stopped reading here.
Use your brain before using your keyboard!
Mar 22, 2015 3:37 AM

Jan 2014
Junchi said:
HaXXspetten said:

Stopped reading here.
ignorance is bliss
Mar 22, 2015 3:46 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Darklight0303 said:
HaXXspetten said:

You have no idea what a properly built up pairing really is if you think this hamfisted travesty is good writing.
This isn't about good writing, this is about breaking norms. One of the biggest problems in romance anime is that it's virtually *never* anything unpredictable. It takes out most of the excitement and entertainment of it when everything is always happening according to a fixed template every single time.

I'm not saying Tatsumi x Mine per se is the best pairing ever, but I wholeheartedly appreciate that the author is actually trying to do something that for once isn't generic as far as this trend goes. It's something I wish to see more of in the future in general. It's the principle that's great, not necessarily this specific pairing or its writing per se.

Though that aside given how the story has developed there isn't really any other girl who would be fit to be coupled with Tatsumi at this point anyway. Akame doesn't give a damn about romance, Esdeath is the enemy, Leone is a side character at best who doesn't feel like anything more than a friend or a sister, etcetera (also obviously a lot of girls have already died)
Mar 23, 2015 3:29 AM

May 2014
HaXXspetten said:

^exactly this.

As you mentioned in your later post Mine actually makes the most sense if you think about it.

Ignore Darklight he thinks the fact that Akame cried in front of Tatsumi = Romance confirmed.

Darklight0303 said:

Thank God we have you to clarify for us what decent pairings are. I don't think this forum would survive without your wisdom. Thank you./sarcasm
Mar 26, 2015 5:15 PM
Mar 2015
I still don't understand why Tatsumi even likes Mine. Her anime VA was so annoying and whiny.

it would make more sense for tatsumi to like akame.

The mangaka definitely dropped the ball imo.

fourbucksMar 26, 2015 5:19 PM
Mar 26, 2015 6:05 PM

Oct 2014
fourbucks said:
I still don't understand why Tatsumi even likes Mine. Her anime VA was so annoying and whiny.

Her VA is "what"? Excuse me...

I really want to Cheerio! you right now...
Mar 26, 2015 6:45 PM

Oct 2014
I don't really have strong feelings for Mine one way or the other. I don't hate her and I don't see why so many others do either.

I will go on record and say that I don't think that Esdeath would be a good match for Tatsumi. They could never get together without compromising one another's character anyway and this series is not exactly known for its character development.

I think that Mine is the most unlikely of the girls to end up with Tatsumi but to me, this makes her a bit obvious in retrospect when you think about what the author was likely going for. Honestly I would have chosen Chelsea for him.
ExaydaMar 28, 2015 4:28 PM
Mar 26, 2015 9:27 PM

Jan 2014
D3pthCharge said:
fourbucks said:

Her VA is "what"? Excuse me...

I really want to Cheerio! you right now...
T_T [i][b]Cheerio!
Mar 26, 2015 10:33 PM

Dec 2013
I used to like her, but at this point I really don't care if she lives or not. That goes for all the other characters too, excluding Leone of course.
Exayda said:
Honestly I would have chosen Chelsea for him.

3000x this
Mar 27, 2015 3:54 PM

Oct 2014
Zer01 said:

Exayda said:
Honestly I would have chosen Chelsea for him.

3000x this

900000000000x this
Mar 27, 2015 4:01 PM

Nov 2014
Because she's a tsun
Mar 28, 2015 3:26 PM

Aug 2014
I don't care anymore. I am eternally grateful to the author for at least temporarily taking her out of the manga, so this is where I'll stop. My love or hate towards her character is gone with Mine herself.

One thing I don't understand is how she got to be the protagonist's love interest. The only one one who seems more unnatural with Tatsumi would be Najenda. I really can't put my finger on it, they just seem kinda random. She confessed, he sorta agreed and apparently fell in love after some time. Okay. Not exactly what I'd call a good pairing, but I guess a lot of people like the element of unpredictability.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Mar 31, 2015 10:19 PM
Feb 2015
TBH I have no problem with how Mine is potrayed. She is a tsundere but thats just how her personality is shaped by the author just as how Akame is something of a Kuudere. This is a very subjective opinion of tastes.

While some may argue on her supposedly lack of characted development other than being the love interest of Tatsumi, given the frantic pace of how characters comes and go in this series I think that that alone is pretty substantial. And the romance was not suddenly dropped outta the blue, there is already pretty strong scenes before the confession that hinted at this development, while the authory is not particularly good at love&romance writing. At least he did not flopped the whole thing.

She and Akame how equal value in forwarding the story, while it is always Akame that is portrayed as the only person capable of taking down Esdeath, this role is gradually taken over by Tatsumi, plus Mine who was first more of a support character moves up to being a self-sufficient fighter in her own right. Some may argue that its her Teigu that gives her that power, but looking at the vast array of Teigu that grants their users near broken godlike powers, hers hardly seem worth mentioning. Heck we got Esdeath who can literally freeze time.

All this talk about Mine stealing the limelight from Akame really puzzles me, a name of a manga does not automatically designates one character as the MC, was there such a rule in the great bible of anime in the first place ?

Viktor_OtakuApr 2, 2015 11:12 PM
May 6, 2015 12:12 AM

Mar 2015
I don't understand what's with a lot of hates toward Mine, I mean yeah she's a tsundere and have been bad to Tatsumi and all.

But if you realized it, her history being an outsider and that she was looked down and got beat up by people stronger than her is pretty much why she is right now. She was doing that to Tatsumi at the beginning because she realized that Tatsumi is someone "weaker" than her that she can let her "pain" out. This way you can say that Tatsumi is somehow a stress reliever. Then as the story progresses, she realized that Tatsumi is a very cool and nice person, and because she was already that way with Tatsumi, she decided not to stop and keep doing it once in awhile. Then when she was saved by Tatsumi, she realized that he is strong. She can't look down on him anymore and seeing him as someone more equal, which is why she's in love with him.

As for Tatsumi, he's probably only see Leone as someone older than him, more like a real sister to him probably and if I'm not mistaken, Akame keeps on bringing the term of "we're friends" seems like a friend-zone to me. Not to mention that I don't think Akame is capable of love, she's the very being of an assassin, and they're not exactly suppose to have feelings like love because it would hinder them as an assassin. Esdeath is also a sadist and a scary person, she's even worse than Mine in a tsundere-yandere competition.

So if people hates on how Mine treated Tatsumi, just how can you justify Esdeath's making Tatsumi a pet and all from the beginning and then also killing his friends (mental damage to Tatsumi) is more justifiable than Mine's action throughout the story?

May 6, 2015 4:48 AM

May 2014
Viktor_Otaku said:
TBH I have no problem with how Mine is potrayed. She is a tsundere but thats just how her personality is shaped by the author just as how Akame is something of a Kuudere. This is a very subjective opinion of tastes.

While some may argue on her supposedly lack of characted development other than being the love interest of Tatsumi, given the frantic pace of how characters comes and go in this series I think that that alone is pretty substantial. And the romance was not suddenly dropped outta the blue, there is already pretty strong scenes before the confession that hinted at this development, while the authory is not particularly good at love&romance writing. At least he did not flopped the whole thing.

She and Akame how equal value in forwarding the story, while it is always Akame that is portrayed as the only person capable of taking down Esdeath, this role is gradually taken over by Tatsumi, plus Mine who was first more of a support character moves up to being a self-sufficient fighter in her own right. Some may argue that its her Teigu that gives her that power, but looking at the vast array of Teigu that grants their users near broken godlike powers, hers hardly seem worth mentioning. Heck we got Esdeath who can literally freeze time.

All this talk about Mine stealing the limelight from Akame really puzzles me, a name of a manga does not automatically designates one character as the MC, was there such a rule in the great bible of anime in the first place ?

Most of the arguments against Mine are largely unfounded and badly formulated. I am a lot more accepting of people saying "I don't like her because shes tsundere" or "I hate her because of the way she looks" or anything like that rather than some weak ass explanation as to why she is a bad character/not good for Tatsumi (comparatively to the other possibilties). Also her Teigu, comparatively to Incursio or Esdeath's teigu, is pretty weak. I mean it dissolved when she over used it. I don't see that happening to Esdeath's ability to freeze time, or Incursio with the ability to constantly evolve.

DarklordVor said:
I don't understand what's with a lot of hates toward Mine, I mean yeah she's a tsundere and have been bad to Tatsumi and all.

But if you realized it, her history being an outsider and that she was looked down and got beat up by people stronger than her is pretty much why she is right now. She was doing that to Tatsumi at the beginning because she realized that Tatsumi is someone "weaker" than her that she can let her "pain" out. This way you can say that Tatsumi is somehow a stress reliever. Then as the story progresses, she realized that Tatsumi is a very cool and nice person, and because she was already that way with Tatsumi, she decided not to stop and keep doing it once in awhile. Then when she was saved by Tatsumi, she realized that he is strong. She can't look down on him anymore and seeing him as someone more equal, which is why she's in love with him.

As for Tatsumi, he's probably only see Leone as someone older than him, more like a real sister to him probably and if I'm not mistaken, Akame keeps on bringing the term of "we're friends" seems like a friend-zone to me. Not to mention that I don't think Akame is capable of love, she's the very being of an assassin, and they're not exactly suppose to have feelings like love because it would hinder them as an assassin. Esdeath is also a sadist and a scary person, she's even worse than Mine in a tsundere-yandere competition.

So if people hates on how Mine treated Tatsumi, just how can you justify Esdeath's making Tatsumi a pet and all from the beginning and then also killing his friends (mental damage to Tatsumi) is more justifiable than Mine's action throughout the story?

They can't, it is just that anime/manga fans (mainly shounen or action genre), generally speaking, are more drawn to negative characters and anti heroes than they are to pure characters. In the staples like Bleach people adore Kenpachi, Grimjaw, Ulquiorra and Hollow Ichi. In Naruto, Sasuke seemed to have more fans than Naruto. It is a similar phenomenon in video games, take FF6 or FF7 where people were more fixated on Kefka and Sephiroth than they were on any of the other characters. This is my opinion at any rate.
MilviBritanniaMay 6, 2015 4:54 AM
May 11, 2015 5:16 PM
Sep 2013
Why Do People Hate Mine?
Honestly I don't know myself why people would go so far as to hate her. I can perfectly understand if people found her personality annoying and her attitude towards Tatsumi earlier on in the series bad enough for people to dislike her. But there's nothing she's done IMO that justifies any hatred towards her. I mean how could people put her in the same category of characters (Hate) such as Champ who rapes and kills children. There's no legitimate comparison here.

So hating her should be out of the question but disliking her is another story, however if people are only disliking her JUST because...

1. She's a tsundere
2. She's the canon romance with Tatsumi and its not the pairing you support.

Then they're rather poor reasons because in the former's case you're being prejudgmental and are disliking the stereotype and NOT the character. For example in my case I like Rin from Fate/Stay Night but dislike Aria from Hidan no Aria, they're both tsunderes but my opinion of them as characters is completely different. The point is you shouldn't judge a character just based on one trope. In the latter's case its just a matter of you being annoyed at the author for picking a shipping that wasn't the one you favoured. That's not a good reason to dislike a character. As here you're solely disliking the decision the author made, that has nothing to do with the character itself. You can however disagree with this pairing for other reasons, don't get me wrong here, I'm only saying that its a poor reason to dislike her, just because it sinks another ship you were supporting.

To conclude I don't have an issue with people disliking Mine as long as its not for reasons like the above.
May 12, 2015 9:09 PM

Mar 2015
Yeah I know that Mine is a tsundere, but her dere side was very nice and cute too.

Well haters gonna hate.

DarklordVorMay 12, 2015 9:19 PM

May 13, 2015 2:57 AM

Jan 2014
^Cant believe i forgot that last one,made my day :/
Aug 27, 2015 2:04 PM

Oct 2011
Some reasons why I hate Mine:

1. Forced relationship with Tatsumi
(would be better if there wasn't any at all in the series or if just with another girl OR more development between them. As of now I didin't see ANY DEVELOPMENT AT ALL - maybe I'm blind, but what I saw was her only clinging to Tatsumi just for him to save her ass or carry her princess style out of pinch...)

2. Twin Tails - I personally hate this hairstyle, so it just makes me more on the "hate side" regarding her. (from what I know Japs love it and that's why they make more annoying characters for my taste :<)

3. Seiyuu - her seiyuu made her soooooo annoying that I couldn't listen to it, just needed to mute it down... I'm not saying her Seiyuu is this bad, but it really don't match together ->
tsundere traits = NO.
Sadistic traits = YES f.e Masuzu from Oreshura, it did connect well that I could at least listen to it.

4. Teiguu - I see her teiguu as a forced shit. Why do rifles always have to be so fucking OP everywhere. To add to it girl with a rifle is no sexy at all! It's a chicken who would only run and if disarmed couldn't do a shit in battle.
Sword wielding / or other weapon like Bows etc. are more suited to girls and that makes them really sexy, since they are no pushovers and will manage even if disarmed cause of their training.

5. Only character which survived out of the entire cast not listing Tatsumi and Akame.
Sheele died. Lubbock died. Chelsea died. Susanoo died. Aniki died. (Leone, Kurome will propably die as well in the manga) but fucking Mein did not die, because she is in relationship with Tatsumi + she is author's fav. so he needed to make her in a coma OMG - it's just like spitting on the readers, making their fav die but allowing his fav to live.
Anime >>>>>>> Manga. Anime in that regard is superior than manga since it did not spit on others tastes.

6. Tsundere - I like Tsundere's at least 70% of them, which have some point in being and acting like that. Mein for me did not lived up to it, she was annoying, her dere wasn't having any impact on me since it didn't suit it her, when she entire time was angry little bitch for this several years, before confession. Making her dere now IS TOO LATE for me at least, since for this couple of years I grew to hate her more, than she can fix it with dere now. (if she was tsun for 5min but then went dere next, to go back to tsun she could even be one of my likelable characters. But what we got? Only TSUN for couple of years without dere, and now being dere out of nowhere - it doesn't suit her after all this time.)

7. Past - as for past I don't give a crap about it if she had good/bad childhood, since every character from Night Raid didn't have good one, so why should I see her as an exception? Sorry but it won't work on me.

8. Weak and then become strong out of nowhere - can't even defend herself properly, her only need in battle is to be saved, just to whine later that she was rescued to late -> bols/kurome fight arc. where one of Kurome's minions almost swallowed her. Later become so not realistically strong that she managed to defeat one of the most two powerful people in this manga -> Budou. I still can't accept it every other character didn't stand even a 20% chance to down him even as a group, and she just killing him like that it was nothing. It's again so fucking annoying that author made his "fav" be one of the strongest in the manga out of the blue.

I won't be talking about body/chest/height etc. since I already have enough reasons to hate her -> personality wise. Body isn't perfect, but it isn't such big an issue if personality is nice.

You say you can't understand us who hate Mein, I on the other hand can't understand you who like her. If I were to say you only like her because she is Tsundere and is not main girl to get with MC. Most comments at least seem that way to me in this topic, I call it two stupid reasons to like her.

My fav? Kurome then Akame followed by Sheele (which is long dead). At least Kurome's relationship wouldn't look like forced, since it already did develop really well even if she hadn't that much screen time. Her personality isn't annoying as hell as well as VA, she isn't weak can handle herself well. Have even more touching past then Mein. I already know author will kill her, just to piss me off, that's what I won't stand seeing. Killing Kurome (my fav) to keep his own fav alive (Mein). One of the reason why this manga is becoming so bad... Dropping it is coming closer and closer.
ArreitAug 27, 2015 2:14 PM
Aug 27, 2015 3:26 PM

Oct 2014
From what I've read here, it seems like twin tails are the ultimate teigu.
Sep 14, 2015 2:23 AM

May 2014
Raisken said:
Some reasons why I hate Mine:

1. Forced relationship with Tatsumi
(would be better if there wasn't any at all in the series or if just with another girl OR more development between them. As of now I didin't see ANY DEVELOPMENT AT ALL - maybe I'm blind, but what I saw was her only clinging to Tatsumi just for him to save her ass or carry her princess style out of pinch...)

2. Twin Tails - I personally hate this hairstyle, so it just makes me more on the "hate side" regarding her. (from what I know Japs love it and that's why they make more annoying characters for my taste :<)

3. Seiyuu - her seiyuu made her soooooo annoying that I couldn't listen to it, just needed to mute it down... I'm not saying her Seiyuu is this bad, but it really don't match together ->
tsundere traits = NO.
Sadistic traits = YES f.e Masuzu from Oreshura, it did connect well that I could at least listen to it.

4. Teiguu - I see her teiguu as a forced shit. Why do rifles always have to be so fucking OP everywhere. To add to it girl with a rifle is no sexy at all! It's a chicken who would only run and if disarmed couldn't do a shit in battle.
Sword wielding / or other weapon like Bows etc. are more suited to girls and that makes them really sexy, since they are no pushovers and will manage even if disarmed cause of their training.

5. Only character which survived out of the entire cast not listing Tatsumi and Akame.
Sheele died. Lubbock died. Chelsea died. Susanoo died. Aniki died. (Leone, Kurome will propably die as well in the manga) but fucking Mein did not die, because she is in relationship with Tatsumi + she is author's fav. so he needed to make her in a coma OMG - it's just like spitting on the readers, making their fav die but allowing his fav to live.
Anime >>>>>>> Manga. Anime in that regard is superior than manga since it did not spit on others tastes.

6. Tsundere - I like Tsundere's at least 70% of them, which have some point in being and acting like that. Mein for me did not lived up to it, she was annoying, her dere wasn't having any impact on me since it didn't suit it her, when she entire time was angry little bitch for this several years, before confession. Making her dere now IS TOO LATE for me at least, since for this couple of years I grew to hate her more, than she can fix it with dere now. (if she was tsun for 5min but then went dere next, to go back to tsun she could even be one of my likelable characters. But what we got? Only TSUN for couple of years without dere, and now being dere out of nowhere - it doesn't suit her after all this time.)

7. Past - as for past I don't give a crap about it if she had good/bad childhood, since every character from Night Raid didn't have good one, so why should I see her as an exception? Sorry but it won't work on me.

8. Weak and then become strong out of nowhere - can't even defend herself properly, her only need in battle is to be saved, just to whine later that she was rescued to late -> bols/kurome fight arc. where one of Kurome's minions almost swallowed her. Later become so not realistically strong that she managed to defeat one of the most two powerful people in this manga -> Budou. I still can't accept it every other character didn't stand even a 20% chance to down him even as a group, and she just killing him like that it was nothing. It's again so fucking annoying that author made his "fav" be one of the strongest in the manga out of the blue.

I won't be talking about body/chest/height etc. since I already have enough reasons to hate her -> personality wise. Body isn't perfect, but it isn't such big an issue if personality is nice.

You say you can't understand us who hate Mein, I on the other hand can't understand you who like her. If I were to say you only like her because she is Tsundere and is not main girl to get with MC. Most comments at least seem that way to me in this topic, I call it two stupid reasons to like her.

My fav? Kurome then Akame followed by Sheele (which is long dead). At least Kurome's relationship wouldn't look like forced, since it already did develop really well even if she hadn't that much screen time. Her personality isn't annoying as hell as well as VA, she isn't weak can handle herself well. Have even more touching past then Mein. I already know author will kill her, just to piss me off, that's what I won't stand seeing. Killing Kurome (my fav) to keep his own fav alive (Mein). One of the reason why this manga is becoming so bad... Dropping it is coming closer and closer.

1. Yes you clearly missed some chapters. Like the one they spend shopping, or when she watches him train (which she mentions later) etc.
2. This is a matter of taste which varies from person to person. Some find it cute others not so much but not really impact on her as a character.
3. I don't understand what this point actually is. You dislike the voice actor? Alright well I disliked the voice actor for Kenshin but then I have never been able to develop hateful feelings towards an anime character.
4. Basically you think that she would have been better off with a bow, I respectfully disagree. We already have a bunch of hand to hand combatants. Hell most of them are hand to hand and a rifle is just fine as a change. I wouldn't really mind a bow or crossbow but then it is not something that will change my opinion on a character.
5. First off the Anime ending was pretty fucking awful, and I think a large chunk of the fan base would to some degree agree with that. Secondly, you are basically accusing the writer of having a fav character and that being Mine. Even if that were the case, which I doubt, it is his manga. If you do not enjoy it then don't read it. Plain and simple. I am sure you can find other mangas which you do enjoy.
6. Nothing to debate here, its your opinion, I disagree but you are entitled to it.
7. So basically you are saying her past is bad, because it was unpleasant like the rest of NR?..wait...what?
8. Emotions fueled her teigu which fell apart in the battle. Also Tatsumi was doing fairly well vs the grand general. Also given that Akame will probably kill Esdeath, who is even more overpowered that Budou, I don't think this point really stands.

Again, and I've said this in other posts, you seem unreasonably angry at people who do not share your point of view to the point that you spout angry and offensive abuse at them. Even darklight manages to stay civil most of the time. Never thought I'd be praising him but compared to you the guys an angel.
MilviBritanniaSep 14, 2015 2:52 AM
Sep 14, 2015 2:41 AM

Jan 2014
MilviBritannia said:
Again, and I've said this in other posts, you seem unreasonably angry at people who do not share your point of view to the point that you spout angry and offensive abuse at them. Even darklight manages to stay civil most of the time. Never thought I'd be praising him but compared to you the guys an angel.
True :D

Raisken said:
To add to it girl with a rifle is no sexy at all!
O_O
Kurumi begs to differ:
LoneWizzySep 14, 2015 2:44 AM
Sep 14, 2015 2:54 AM

May 2014
LoneWizard said:
MilviBritannia said:
True :D

Raisken said:
To add to it girl with a rifle is no sexy at all!
O_O
Kurumi begs to differ:

That's like Akame with a gun :D. Not too shabby at all!
Sep 17, 2015 9:40 AM

May 2014
Kyuss said:
I actually don't mind mine.
Jan 8, 2016 10:08 AM
Jan 2016
I don't know about you haters, but I love her for some of the stupid reasons that you guys hate. And also because she's a tsundere, she's cute, and also her teigu is one of the best in the anime. I don't understand how you guys can hate someone as cute and funny as her.
Vinnodh_NaiduJan 8, 2016 10:17 AM
Jan 8, 2016 10:15 AM

Apr 2008
Vinnodh_Naidu said:
I don't know about you haters, but I love her for some of the stupid reasons that you guys hate. And also because she's a tsundere, she's cute, and also her teigu is one of the best in the anime

There is such a thing as shit taste. And you liking a deus ex machina from a mechanical standpoint like that Teigu falls under that category too.
Jan 8, 2016 10:20 AM
Jan 2016
Darklight0303 said:
Vinnodh_Naidu said:
I don't know about you haters, but I love her for some of the stupid reasons that you guys hate. And also because she's a tsundere, she's cute, and also her teigu is one of the best in the anime

There is such a thing as shit taste. And you liking a deus ex machina from a mechanical standpoint like that Teigu falls under that category too.

Uhh dude, its my opinion.. She even defeated budou general with that exact teigu btw
Jan 8, 2016 10:30 AM
Feb 2008
Just like what others have said, which is called 'illogical reason', and that applies to me as well BUT not as strong as hate, I just don't particularly like her or her role because I personally think Akame ga Kill is still good without the romance stuff and I also don't prefer her type, although she did improve and developed; my illogical self still have the same sentiments for her character :)
Jan 8, 2016 7:46 PM

Mar 2014
Vinnodh_Naidu said:
Darklight0303 said:

Uhh dude, its my opinion.. She even defeated budou general with that exact teigu btw
Don't worry about responding to his uninformed bigotry. He's the one with shit taste and having a preference for asspulls -- have you seen his favorites, never has hypocrisy been so embarrassing in this board?
Apr 16, 2016 11:25 AM
Mar 2016
she was my favorite character... I was really sad when she died
Apr 16, 2016 11:31 AM

Feb 2015
She is probably the most generic tsundere ever ...
May 4, 2016 7:24 PM

Dec 2014
Mine is okay, she is not the best and her teigu isn't either (that title goes to Akame), but she is... Okay. I like her. Maybe it's because her character is based around the classic tsundere archetype?
KOZ8888May 4, 2016 10:37 PM
May 4, 2016 9:06 PM

May 2015
I certainly dont hate her but like every other character in this show, she gets little to no development and shes annoying
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead
May 4, 2016 9:24 PM

Jun 2015
People who don't like her simply dislike her because she's a tsundere, and/or because they want Akame or someone else as best waifu.
Jun 9, 2016 4:19 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
She is a refreshing choice for the romance, since I was predicting Akame's.
But still I want what I predicted, I want Akame doki doki ship to sail... or at least I m curious to see how it would had turned out with akame, mine is cute enough and I love tsunderes, so I m fine with her, but still how would it be like with Akame??
PlaycoolJun 9, 2016 4:24 AM
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

G_Spark233 - Nov 20, 2016

115 by James-LastOmnic »»
May 30, 8:10 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 54 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Nov 21, 2014

755 by James-LastOmnic »»
May 27, 6:03 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 45 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IdentityAngel - Jan 14, 2014

81 by James-LastOmnic »»
May 26, 5:38 PM

Poll: » Should Akame ga Kill! get an anime reboot? ( 1 2 )

jeff_1 - Jan 12, 2017

68 by 01Corvette »»
Jan 13, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 80 Discussion (Volume 8, Extra)

Mana - Feb 24, 2017

6 by yKija »»
Dec 24, 2023 10:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.