Forum Settings
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
Dec 3, 2014 11:19 AM

Jan 2014
I understand why people hate Esdeath(She is psycho and stuff) but i dont understand the amount of Mine hate...Im not trying to pick a fight with people or bait...I just genuinely wonder why there are so many people hating her...Things i can think of:
-She is pink
-She is small
-There are people who hate romance
-She is Tsundere(That confession redeemed it for me)
-Pumpkin(Not worse than Tatsumi,Wave,Esdeath's teigu)
-Tatsumi picks her instead of your favorite girl(She took initiative while Akame was eating,and Tatsumi seems like he is not into S&M so yeah...)
LoneWizzyDec 3, 2014 3:00 PM
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 3, 2014 11:22 AM

Jan 2013
All illogical reasons, but cannot be helped. If they still just dislike her for those reasons, I'm fine with that. Their preference.

Lemme quote myself from another thread.

RaiiShu said:
It's sad how so many people dislike Mine just because she's a "tsundere", and don't even try to see her development, as well as the suffering she's been through, staying strong throughout all of it.

She's emotionally the strongest character, and that's why I love her.

darklight is more likely than not going to post here, so I'll leave this here too.
210125Dec 3, 2014 11:27 AM
Dec 3, 2014 11:25 AM

Feb 2013
I don't understand it either. Not even the reasons you listed here make sense to me. It's all a big amount of illogical garbage. People hates on her because they want to, it's almost sad. And a big fuck yes to this.

RaiiShu said:
It's sad how so many people dislike Mine just because she's a "tsundere", and don't even try to see her development, as well as the suffering she's been through, staying strong throughout all of it.

She's emotionally the strongest character, and that's why I love her.
Dec 3, 2014 11:30 AM

Dec 2012
[size=90]She's tsundere, loud and annoying... are the reasons I can think of. I'm neutral towards her, don't care.
Dec 3, 2014 11:43 AM

Nov 2012
why not?
PINCHI! PINCHI! PINCHI!!!! PINNNNCHIII!
damn pink annoying loli big mouth tsundere brat
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Dec 3, 2014 12:12 PM

Sep 2014
I really don't know why people hate her, I actually like her. She's a great character and I loved seeing the development in her, and seeing her relationship with tatsumi develop. I actually hope for a good end between them and really don't want her to die.
~ThePenguin
Dec 3, 2014 12:29 PM

Jan 2014
automnesouriant said:
I don't understand it either. Not even the reasons you listed here make sense to me. It's all a big amount of illogical garbage. People hates on her because they want to, it's almost sad. And a big fuck yes to this.
Well they dont have to make sense im just trying to understand what those guys think...A good example here is:

ninjastarforcex said:
why not?
PINCHI! PINCHI! PINCHI!!!! PINNNNCHIII!
damn pink annoying loli big mouth tsundere brat

im sorry but you dont count ninja,i remember you,you hate almost everything...i may explode if i try to understand you...
LoneWizzyDec 3, 2014 12:35 PM
Dec 3, 2014 12:36 PM

Dec 2013
Probably because she's a tsundere, and i think some people might think her voice is annoying, i almost did at certain instances.

Honestly, i don't care, i like her, and i think she's getting hate for stupid reasons
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Dec 3, 2014 12:46 PM

Jan 2013
PriestSlayer said:
Probably because she's a tsundere, and i think some people might think her voice is annoying, i almost did at certain instances.

Honestly, i don't care, i like her, and i think she's getting hate for stupid reasons
Disliking her voice I would say is a legitimate reason. Sometimes you just can't bear a certain seiyuu
Dec 3, 2014 12:49 PM

Nov 2013
she wasn't attractive and that is literally her only purpose in the show. that and her weapon makes absolutely no sense
Dec 3, 2014 12:51 PM

Jun 2014
Shes a very annoying tsundere (and i like tsunderes usually), loud, pink hair loli everything about her is just not likable

Plus i disliked how out of all the hoes in the harem wanting his dick he picked the ugliest most annoying one. FOH
Dec 3, 2014 12:53 PM

Dec 2013
RaiiShu said:
PriestSlayer said:

Disliking her voice I would say is a legitimate reason. Sometimes you just can't bear a certain seiyuu
Fair enough, i agree with you
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Dec 3, 2014 1:05 PM

Nov 2014
Shes annoying
Boring character
The pink outfit she wears makes me think shes like a 9 year old girl
Her character has the mentality of a 9 year old girl
out of all the badass chicks tatsumi could've ended up with Esdeath, Akame, Lion chick mine is the least attractive and most annoying to read about.
Dec 3, 2014 1:27 PM

Oct 2014
-She is pink: Whats wrong with pink? One of my favorite characters of all time is the Pink Panther.

-She is small/loly: They are fine, my favorite loly character is Wendy from FT.

-There are people who hate romance: Depends how its written, Mine/Tatsumi seems better written than Kirito/Asuna imo.

-She is Tsundere(That confession redeemed it for me): Im indifferent toward tsunderes, some are good, some are bad.

-Pumpkin: OK here is a decent reason, Pumpkin is one of most haxx teigus in AGK verse.

Dec 3, 2014 1:28 PM

Aug 2013
I actually don't mind mine.
Dec 3, 2014 1:45 PM
Oct 2014
shes my favorite character and i hope that she is going to get a happy end with tatsumi

reasons i like her are
- her personality(yeah shes tsundere and i like it and she has pink hairs)
- she is the love rival of esdeath
-i think her teigu is not really unfair if u compare it with esdeaths tatsumis and akames.acctually i think it holds a high potential to become important for the further story
-the hate against her is awakening my protective instinct
-she is better developt than most character
-i like her design
-Mine x tatsumi is perfect(my opinion)

ps there are always people who hate characters even without real reasons

i think they hate her because she got tatsumi and because of her attitude
Pumpkin2712Dec 3, 2014 1:49 PM
Dec 3, 2014 2:57 PM

Jan 2014
Qans said:
Shes a very annoying tsundere (and i like tsunderes usually)everything about her is just not likable
Can you explain the annoying tsundere part?Because she is one of the best tsundere type imo...She is not hitting Tatsumi 50 times/day,she actually confessed(told how she feels unlike majority of tsundere girls)...If you ask me she doesnt even counts as Tsundere,she just lacks social skills because of her fucked up childhood and distanced herself from Tatsumi as a defence mekansm when they first met ...
LoneWizzyDec 3, 2014 3:02 PM
Dec 3, 2014 8:39 PM

Dec 2013
At the start I really didn't care for. Although over time I came to like her a lot more. Though she's still far from beng my favourite.
Dec 4, 2014 4:18 AM

May 2009
Main love interest is always hated
Dec 4, 2014 7:22 AM

Oct 2014
^Kaoru wasnt hated in Rurouni Kenshin,and you also have Yuria in Hokuto no Ken, Keiko in Yu Yu Hakusho, Ellie in Rave Master.

Dec 4, 2014 7:38 AM

Jul 2011
bastek66 said:
Main love interest is always hated

Yeah, not really
Dec 4, 2014 7:43 AM

Apr 2014
She's an annoying little brat. Why would anyone even like annoying little brats like her?
Dec 4, 2014 8:58 AM
Oct 2014
Z4k said:
She's an annoying little brat. Why would anyone even like annoying little brats like her?

and this is a reason to hate her?
Dec 4, 2014 9:01 AM

Apr 2014
MineFTW said:
Z4k said:

and this is a reason to hate her?

No there's more like the fact she's loud and a tsundere which automatically makes her character shit.
Dec 4, 2014 9:12 AM

Apr 2010
Main love interest is always hated? Personally I gotta agree with that. Well it's not always, but very close for me. They almost always have to make a MC fall for some annoying, average or boring girl, while all the others who are of any kind of anything positive are left behind. It's the thing I dislike most about anime with any form of romance. Kokoro Connect was a fucking saving grace I tell you, one of the few series where a character actually ended up with who was by FAR the best girl.

Anyway, I actually don't hate Mine, surprisingly. I'm very much not a fan of her but she's hardly annoying when compared to the likes of Taiga or Louise. There's nothing to hate about her when you have characters like those 2.
Dec 4, 2014 9:32 AM

Feb 2013
Personally I found Esdeath more annoying than Mine

Dec 4, 2014 10:19 AM

Feb 2013
badwolf45f said:

Easily
Dec 4, 2014 10:24 AM

Dec 2013
She has twintails, pink hair, annoying voice, her clothes are fucking horrrrid, looks like shit. And she is also a tsundere. So yeah
Dec 4, 2014 10:29 AM

Apr 2014
I'm starting to see a trend of disliking girls with pink hair (Sakura, Inori, Mine, etc). Of course there will be exceptions like Yuno (who I assume everyone likes), but this seems to be the way things are going. Mine doesn't really have any other reason to be hated.
Dec 4, 2014 10:51 AM

Jan 2008
badwolf45f said:

Both Mine and Esdeath are equally cancer. If only just one of them could die already...
Use your brain before using your keyboard!
Dec 4, 2014 11:18 AM

Jul 2012
LonelyWizard said:
Qans said:
Shes a very annoying tsundere (and i like tsunderes usually)everything about her is just not likable
Can you explain the annoying tsundere part?Because she is one of the best tsundere type imo...She is not hitting Tatsumi 50 times/day,she actually confessed(told how she feels unlike majority of tsundere girls)...If you ask me she doesnt even counts as Tsundere,she just lacks social skills because of her fucked up childhood and distanced herself from Tatsumi as a defence mekansm when they first met ...

^This , also i like her , and i'm ok with people who dislike her , what i hate is people who have to spread everywhere ''Oh mine is a annoying character bla bla bla'' , i think there are things that are better to keep for yourself.
Dec 4, 2014 11:29 AM

Aug 2013
Originally, I was indifferent with her. Tsunderes aren't my type, but I have nothing against them. However, just recently, after reading posts here regarding Mein, let's just say a certain someone has kind of ruined the character for me.

Now while I don't exactly hate her, I kind of dislike her now. Not because of the character itself, but because of how one adamant/diehard fan would often have biased answers regarding said character. As a character though, she's kind of plain to me. But as I said, nothing about her makes me like/hate her.

I guess for me, it's the kind of "hate" where you would dislike something because of the fans.
Dec 4, 2014 11:45 AM

Jan 2014
antonnn said:
Kokoro Connect was a fucking saving grace I tell you, one of the few series where a character actually ended up with who was by FAR the best girl.

Anyway, I actually don't hate Mine, surprisingly. I'm very much not a fan of her but she's hardly annoying when compared to the likes of Taiga or Louise. There's nothing to hate about her when you have characters like those 2.
This...You know this shit bro...

robis798 said:
She has twintails
Are you implying Twintails are bad?Heretic...
Dec 4, 2014 11:57 AM

Jun 2014
Louise... should be burried in the ground, please. Never speak her name.

Mine is fine. I think her relationship build up with Tatsumi was fine too.
Dec 4, 2014 12:31 PM
Oct 2014
Ranking (from most to least):

Best body:

- Esdese
- Leone
- Shelee
- Akame
- Chelsea
- Mine
- Najenda

Fun to be around with (for MC, not everyone):

Esdese (bed, tropical island)
Leone (those boob-hugs)
Shelee (same)
Akame - mentally stable, very pleasent to her friends
Chelsea - a tease
Mine - bitches a lot, tsun tsun (100x more tsun) till she finally gets to "dere" part, but can share and isn't half a bad once she finally warms up to him
Najenda - doesn't look like a woman, doesn't behave like one, save female fits. Lubbock you poor bastard...

Caring:
Esdese (yeah she's psycho, but she wanted to give him a good live (future general, save from getting executed and even at execution originally - faking his death)
Mine - wants to bust him out, but Esdese's way is far more intelligent (no one hunts an alleged dead man)
Leone - she got him into Night Raid rather then having him killed by Akame
Akame - once in night raid she's a true friend, saves him from that tiger beast after he gives Wave the slip.
Shelee - well...she's nice...sorta.
Chelsea - saved his rear in that Night Raid vs Kurome + Bols fight
Najenda...not much directly. But she did approve that operation of busting him outta imperial execution

Sexiness:

Esdese.
Leone
....nothing
....still nothing
.....you still reading this?

...everyone save najenda and mine
....Mine
Najenda.

Good female qualities:
Esdese - can cook (only one of the bunch!), extremely adorable in her advances, especially given what could be with her extreme power and sadistic personality. Very protective of Tatsumi. Loves till the bitter end.
Akame - patient, calm, warm personality, extremely loyal to her friends.
MIne - throws fits like professional pitcher balls in mid-season, but once tamed she's a real friend.
Shelee - nice person to be around with, feminine looks and behaviour
Chelsea - feminine...but no feminine skills save changing looks with her teigu
Najenda - can't cook, heavy smoker, looks like a man.
Leone - steals, gambles, makes debts, huge flirt

And main caracter's choice given all that is....Mine. Well at least not Najenda, but seriously...it's like making 2nd worst choice and being happy it's not the first...
Dec 4, 2014 12:44 PM

Jan 2014
MonsterZed said:
And main caracter's choice given all that is....Mine. Well at least not Najenda, but seriously...it's like making 2nd worst choice and being happy it's not the first...
You are totally not biased towards big boobs,lol...:D

And lets think...
Esdeath - Psycho,she clearly stated that she wont help Night Raid
Sheele - Dead
Najenda - :/ she is too old,too bossy to be a romance interest for Tatsumi,and Lubbock saw her first,bro code and stuff..
Chelsea - Dead,she spend almost no time with Tatsumi
Akame - Too much of a bother :/ she never showed any interest towards Tatsumi or anyone,she pretty much cares for only her contract and her sister
so....We have Leone and Mine,yea maybe he chose the 2nd worst choice out of 2...And dont forget Mine was the one who took the initiative...
Dec 4, 2014 12:53 PM
Oct 2014
There's a lesson to be learned here kids:

"Find a good girlfriend, before your Mine finds you!"
Dec 4, 2014 2:38 PM
Oct 2014
lol this forum is anoyingX( let people hate her and fire back if u can not get along with it just the way i do im still going say what im thinking and do not care what other people think about me because u are never going to meet any of this people
Dec 4, 2014 2:45 PM

Jul 2011
Edgy
Dec 4, 2014 10:57 PM

May 2009
LordPerucho said:
^Kaoru wasnt hated in Rurouni Kenshin,and you also have Yuria in Hokuto no Ken, Keiko in Yu Yu Hakusho, Ellie in Rave Master.

I though it was obvious I meant in harems. Othergirlsfags usually all hate main girl (or main love interest like in this case).
Dec 4, 2014 11:12 PM

Apr 2014
MineFTW said:
lol this forum is anoyingX( let people hate her and fire back if u can not get along with it just the way i do im still going say what im thinking and do not care what other people think about me because u are never going to meet any of this people

So the forum is annoying because nobody agrees with your shit opinion?
Dec 4, 2014 11:15 PM

Jun 2014
Who knows. Mine is best.
Dec 5, 2014 4:42 AM

Apr 2008
Oh boy. Should I bother writing in depth bullet points for each reason I want that damn pink cancer of a character on this series dead or not. Meh might as well seeing as it's a slow day. Lets start from the top then

Reason number 1: Better characters than her have died from less dangerous situations than she has found herself in. One of them actually happened because she got sloppy and grabbed. And yet she's the only one protected by the author's holy providence. I'll get at the reason for that in another bullet point.

Reason number 2: Her continued survivability only so that she can become an unnecessary love interest for the MC. Nothing of value would be lost if she had died say when Coro grabbed her when they first met Seryuu for example. Instead Coro takes his sweet as time to crush the flimsy girl in his hand long enough to make Shelee hear her screams and rush over to save her sorry ass.

Her fight with Seryuu is another fine example of the author coddling his precious plot device. Seryuu fought sloppily and carelessly. Instead of going Ora ora ora on her all Seryuu had to do was break Mine's arms. Something she could have done VERY easily. Seryuu was trained in martial arts as we saw with her flashback with Ogre. She'd know about breaking limbs and grabs. Both of which would have been HIGHLY effective on a ranged fighter like Mine. And then to add the cherry to the top, Seryuu makes herself a sitting target for Mine at the end, jumping into the air where she can't dodge out of the way of a plot hax powered mega slash from Pumpkin.

Reason number 3: The forced, hamfisted romance. Oh boy this is going to be a doozy. Her sole existence in this series. Cause lets face it no readers give a fuck about her precious western tribes and the discrimination against them. It's a story as any other. It's a lazy attempt to give her some kind of justification whereas she acts just as arrogantly and higher than thou as those who treat her people like trash.

Lets make this clear. Nowhere in the series was there any sign of romantic interest from Tatsumi towards Mine. Not even once until we had the leader of the cult get possessed by the author and declare that the two of them should be a couple. If you don't see that as something horribly hamfisted and about as subtle as a bull in a china shop then I question your logic capacity.

Then we have the moment Mine finally confesses. She pushes herself onto Tatsumi until he apparently falls for her. That doesn't prove true love. That only proves that he's an easy fall for anyone who would take that kind of approach on him who isn't an enemy. You're lying to yourself if he wouldn't fall for it eventually if Esdeath was on his side and maybe a little less sadistic. Mine literally forced herself down his throat until he started liking her. This is the cold hard truth. There was nothing organic or natural about how this relationship developed. It was purely onesided until Tatsumi finally caved.

The romance was ENTIRELY unnecessary and it has done more damage than good in this series.

Reason number 4: As long as Nightraid is in a chapter she has needlessly monopolized the spotlight since the fight with Seryuu. This is to the detriment of anyone else in Nightraid and casts and illusion of development on her character that frankly is as flimsy as tissue paper. Being in a relationship with the MC does not count as development sorry to break it to you mine lovers. It's because of this fact that the rest of the Nightraid people barely had ANY development. Hell look to the extra chapters we've had. Those would have been much more welcome than any of the pages wasted on mine being a bitch or a blushy pushy girlfriend.

Reason number 5: Her personality. I am baffled that someone can like someone so up their own arse that they think they're so great when in almost every single battle she's been in she had to be saved by another character. Genius sniper, gets blindsided by a random mook if not for Shelee to save her ass. The examples of her having to be saved are prevalent through out the freakin series and that applies even to the latest chapter. She has no such thing as humility even after all of that. That kind of behavior is RIDICULOUSLY annoying.

She's also a bloody hypocrite as mentioned above, treating Tatsumi like trash when she's faced worse behavior than that in the past.

She acts like she's top gun when she has absolutely nothing to back that up that hasn't been fed to her on a platter by the author ala her win VS Seryuu.

Reason number 6: Her. BLOODY. TEIGU

Oh boy this is going to be another looooooooooooooong one.

So now Pumpkin is a weapon that increases it's firepower if the user is in danger. Says so right on the tin when it is introduced and is proven a few times like that one incident mentioned earlier when the random mook got behind her and almost cut her down. That danger powered up Pumpkin enough to vaporize the other random mook trying to run away. Lets discuss how utterly stupid this concept is for a sniper.

A sniper by definition is meant to stay far out of a combat area and pick off enemies from afar. She actually does this a few times however during those times she is about as powerful as a normal human with a normal sniper rifle. For her to do any damage she actually needs to go into the thick of the fight to power up. A literal glass canon needs to go into a melee to do the damage needed to even classify as a glass canon. The concept is so paradoxical she should have died ages ago. But of course she has the holy providence of the author covering her ass.

Speaking of the author's holy providence. This extends to Pumpkin as well. Lets go back once again to the fight with Seryuu. On introduction we get a very concise and to the point explanation about what Pumpkin is and its power. It is also then proven during that first invasion. However at the climax of her fight with Seryuu Pumpkin all of a sudden can be amplified by Mine's emotions. This is a humongous retcon. Emotions had nothing to do with her powering up last time when she vaporized the straggler during the first invasion. She was grinning. She wasn't angry, she wasn't fearful for herself. She was perfectly fine because she knew Shelee was there to cover her ass. And yet Pumpkin STILL received that boost in power. That debunks the argument that it's always been emotions that power Pumpkin.

And yet in order for her to win against Seryuu, her opponent not only made herself a sitting duck in mid air, but pumpkin also received a boost in power from Mine's rage. Not the danger. Not pinch as it said when the Teigu was first introduced but from her rage. Because she got pissed off. The worst possible justification for a last minute retcon meant only to preserve her worthless life long enough to become Tatsumi's girlfriend. Her only role in the series.
Dec 5, 2014 5:15 AM
Oct 2014
Darklight0303 said:
Oh boy. Should I bother writing in depth bullet points for each reason I want that damn pink cancer of a character on this series dead or not. Meh might as well seeing as it's a slow day. Lets start from the top then

Reason number 1: Better characters than her have died from less dangerous situations than she has found herself in. One of them actually happened because she got sloppy and grabbed. And yet she's the only one protected by the author's holy providence. I'll get at the reason for that in another bullet point.

Reason number 2: Her continued survivability only so that she can become an unnecessary love interest for the MC. Nothing of value would be lost if she had died say when Coro grabbed her when they first met Seryuu for example. Instead Coro takes his sweet as time to crush the flimsy girl in his hand long enough to make Shelee hear her screams and rush over to save her sorry ass.

Her fight with Seryuu is another fine example of the author coddling his precious plot device. Seryuu fought sloppily and carelessly. Instead of going Ora ora ora on her all Seryuu had to do was break Mine's arms. Something she could have done VERY easily. Seryuu was trained in martial arts as we saw with her flashback with Ogre. She'd know about breaking limbs and grabs. Both of which would have been HIGHLY effective on a ranged fighter like Mine. And then to add the cherry to the top, Seryuu makes herself a sitting target for Mine at the end, jumping into the air where she can't dodge out of the way of a plot hax powered mega slash from Pumpkin.

Reason number 3: The forced, hamfisted romance. Oh boy this is going to be a doozy. Her sole existence in this series. Cause lets face it no readers give a fuck about her precious western tribes and the discrimination against them. It's a story as any other. It's a lazy attempt to give her some kind of justification whereas she acts just as arrogantly and higher than thou as those who treat her people like trash.

Lets make this clear. Nowhere in the series was there any sign of romantic interest from Tatsumi towards Mine. Not even once until we had the leader of the cult get possessed by the author and declare that the two of them should be a couple. If you don't see that as something horribly hamfisted and about as subtle as a bull in a china shop then I question your logic capacity.

Then we have the moment Mine finally confesses. She pushes herself onto Tatsumi until he apparently falls for her. That doesn't prove true love. That only proves that he's an easy fall for anyone who would take that kind of approach on him who isn't an enemy. You're lying to yourself if he wouldn't fall for it eventually if Esdeath was on his side and maybe a little less sadistic. Mine literally forced herself down his throat until he started liking her. This is the cold hard truth. There was nothing organic or natural about how this relationship developed. It was purely onesided until Tatsumi finally caved.

The romance was ENTIRELY unnecessary and it has done more damage than good in this series.

Reason number 4: As long as Nightraid is in a chapter she has needlessly monopolized the spotlight since the fight with Seryuu. This is to the detriment of anyone else in Nightraid and casts and illusion of development on her character that frankly is as flimsy as tissue paper. Being in a relationship with the MC does not count as development sorry to break it to you mine lovers. It's because of this fact that the rest of the Nightraid people barely had ANY development. Hell look to the extra chapters we've had. Those would have been much more welcome than any of the pages wasted on mine being a bitch or a blushy pushy girlfriend.

Reason number 5: Her personality. I am baffled that someone can like someone so up their own arse that they think they're so great when in almost every single battle she's been in she had to be saved by another character. Genius sniper, gets blindsided by a random mook if not for Shelee to save her ass. The examples of her having to be saved are prevalent through out the freakin series and that applies even to the latest chapter. She has no such thing as humility even after all of that. That kind of behavior is RIDICULOUSLY annoying.

She's also a bloody hypocrite as mentioned above, treating Tatsumi like trash when she's faced worse behavior than that in the past.

She acts like she's top gun when she has absolutely nothing to back that up that hasn't been fed to her on a platter by the author ala her win VS Seryuu.

Reason number 6: Her. BLOODY. TEIGU

Oh boy this is going to be another looooooooooooooong one.

So now Pumpkin is a weapon that increases it's firepower if the user is in danger. Says so right on the tin when it is introduced and is proven a few times like that one incident mentioned earlier when the random mook got behind her and almost cut her down. That danger powered up Pumpkin enough to vaporize the other random mook trying to run away. Lets discuss how utterly stupid this concept is for a sniper.

A sniper by definition is meant to stay far out of a combat area and pick off enemies from afar. She actually does this a few times however during those times she is about as powerful as a normal human with a normal sniper rifle. For her to do any damage she actually needs to go into the thick of the fight to power up. A literal glass canon needs to go into a melee to do the damage needed to even classify as a glass canon. The concept is so paradoxical she should have died ages ago. But of course she has the holy providence of the author covering her ass.

Speaking of the author's holy providence. This extends to Pumpkin as well. Lets go back once again to the fight with Seryuu. On introduction we get a very concise and to the point explanation about what Pumpkin is and its power. It is also then proven during that first invasion. However at the climax of her fight with Seryuu Pumpkin all of a sudden can be amplified by Mine's emotions. This is a humongous retcon. Emotions had nothing to do with her powering up last time when she vaporized the straggler during the first invasion. She was grinning. She wasn't angry, she wasn't fearful for herself. She was perfectly fine because she knew Shelee was there to cover her ass. And yet Pumpkin STILL received that boost in power. That debunks the argument that it's always been emotions that power Pumpkin.

And yet in order for her to win against Seryuu, her opponent not only made herself a sitting duck in mid air, but pumpkin also received a boost in power from Mine's rage. Not the danger. Not pinch as it said when the Teigu was first introduced but from her rage. Because she got pissed off. The worst possible justification for a last minute retcon meant only to preserve her worthless life long enough to become Tatsumi's girlfriend. Her only role in the series.

ahhhh my friend darklight...

1 this is just ur opinion u think there are better character than her so ur saying better ch died already but this doesnt count for me because she is the best character in my opinion it other words no better character died.....

2u do not know if shes a unecessary love intrest because u can not tell by now also she was ment to be tatsumis girlfriend...takahiro sad it by hisself(nothing against sheele but she was a plot device to show tatsumi what can happen)

3in one word"tsundere"like it or not its up to you...also Mine relationship with tatsumi was like saitos and luises from the beginning.....i could already smell tatsumi x Mine......tsundere confession FTW

4again this is just ur opinion because i do not care about akame etc also the chapters were wasted by wild hunt and esdeath freeze time attack....

5 thats the way she is u do not have to like her attitude at all u just need to stop complaining about it the whole time.....also she saved tatsumi and even akame in chapter 43 from the ice block and she is not the one to blame that sheele and lubo died....

6 her teigu is a former genaral teigu what did u expected.(wouldnt be suprised if it holds a trump card) also compare her teigu with esdeaths and u may understand how stupid time freeze is..

puhhhhhh that was something ;P
Z4k said:
MineFTW said:

So the forum is annoying because nobody agrees with your shit opinion?

no its anoying because why do we actually discuss this........ hate her if u want to i have better things to do than spread hate

ps there are plenty of people who like Mine so basically my shity opinion is the opinion of many also why should my opinion be shity??? is it so wrong to like her
i really am confused by all this hate and im certainly very irritated that so many people like esdeath i mean she is the cancer of manga after all...
Pumpkin2712Dec 5, 2014 5:20 AM
Dec 5, 2014 7:46 AM

Jan 2014
Darkguy said:

#1 - I will respond this with a Gandalf quote:
“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.”

#2 - Now you are giving examples about stuff Mine survived ....Because those happened only to Mine RIGHT???Like Lubbock pretending death,Lubbock sewing Leone's parts so she can survive,Najenda still living while she was supposed to be dead,Kurome still living because of her drugs and stuff,Tatsumi surviving every single situation....

#3 - There was romance indications between Mine and Tatsumi as much as with any other girls if not more...Yes,Tatsumi would Fall for Esdeath if she was on their side but she is their enemy...And the thing about romance being forced is completely your own opinion dont talk like its a fact...Mine was always nervous around Tatsumi and she was always a love interest...Dont hate author just because he didnt go with harem route...

#4 - Most developed Night Raid member is Mine but all of them are underdeveloped,even you admit it so?Where is the reason to hate Mine?

#5 - She is bad because she is saved lots of times?Sorry but i dont need my characters to be badass over level 9000 to like them...She is Tsundere,deal with it and its not weird she would treat Tatsumi bad,what were you expecting he is a newcomer and Mine is not good with socializing due to her childhood(which you dont give a fuck as you said) do you remember how she treated Chelsea?

#6 - I actually liked the idea of a sniper,having a rifle that becomes powerful when user is in pinch(as a sniper player in COD,Battlefield,CS etc...)About the asspull or OP things...There are so many asspulls and OP things in the manga that i dont see why Pumpkin would be the only one getting all the attention...

And it seems like you missed some important points...They introduced Pumpkin as getting powerful in a "Pinch" and getting stronger in a more "dangerous" situation...Here are the possible questions:Who decides its a pinch?God?Little judges living in Pumpkin?Who decides how big a danger is?The most logical thing is of course the "user" and using emotions as indicator so i dont understand whats so bad about it either...

TL;DR:So...Most of those stuff you said are flaws of manga,not Mine...Yet you admitted before that you hate Mine,you dont even want to see her face,you cant keep calm while she is alive...Thats what i dont understand...

I took my time to read and answer your post instead of watching Twintails.So i hope you will not give more %100 personal opinions as proof to why she is a bad character and should die...You dont have to prove she is bad,you can just say you hate pink stuff or tsunderes so you hate her and move on but if you will try please do it with a little more objectivity...

MineFTW said:
change your name if you want people to take you seriously...im sorry but you look like nothing more than a simple fanboy with that name...
Dec 5, 2014 8:01 AM

Apr 2008
LonelyWizard said:

2: Lubbock always used his strings to fake his death. There was nothing asspull about it. And Leone's regeneration and Vitality was brought up since the Attack of Stylish. Again not an asspull.

3: All you've proven is that the romance was on Mine's side from early on. You did not counter that Tatsumi had no romantic interest in anyone until SHE shoved herself down his throat. That invalidates the romance. Also I did not want a Harem route. It was perfectly fine with no romance until the end of the series. Instead we get his hamfisted bullshit that has not brought a single benefit to the series.

4: The reason is she MONOPOLIZED THE PAGE TIME. Do I seriously need to put giant neon signs on that fact.

5: There you go again. Let me spell it out. I DO NOT HATE TSUNDERE. Hell I fuckin Love Rin Tohsaka and compared to her Mine is a maggot in a pile of dung. I didn't say I don't give a shit about her childhood. I said no one really cares about the plight of her so called people. It's a very vague backstory to say the least. Hell Shelee had more of a backstory just from her story with her friend. Same for Chelsea with how she got her Teigu. THAT IS DEVELOPMENT. Not the crap Mine has.

6: I already debunked the emotions angle. Again. The first infiltration. She wasn't angry, she wasn't scared. She was cocky and knew her ass was safe. And yet pumpkin STILL got a boost from the danger. Emotions HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH POWERING PUMPKING UNTIL HER FIGHT WITH SERYUU. This is objective fact no matter how much you deny it.
Dec 5, 2014 8:19 AM

Jan 2014
#3,4 - No romance route is the harem route,remember all those people screaming how much of a harem bullshit the anime is...And everything you said is your personal opinion,nothing more,nothing less...I personally enjoyed the romance parts(10-15 panels? something like that) so i dont believe romance monopalized the page time...Yes Mine is having more screen time lately but that is to be expected,in this kind of manga author usually does character arcs,think of this like it...After this maybe Akame will get focus or something...

#5 - There you go again. Let me spell it out.I DID NOT SAID YOU HATE TSUNDERE...I said it would be easier if you said you hate them...Because it would make sense...not giving a shit to her and not caring what happened to her people are same things...And wait did you just call 1 page backstories of Sheele and Chelsea as DEVELOPMENT?Ok,now you lost me again...

#6 - You know what Tsundere means?It means you are not honest and you act different than how you actually feel...SOOOOO explain me how the fact that she was pretending to be cool and calm means she was not angry,scared,anxious?People dont show every fuckin emotion they are having,that is a fact...a real one...Human brain(Heart,whatever you call) is not as simple as you think it is...
Dec 5, 2014 8:40 AM
Oct 2014
LonelyWizard said:
Darkguy said:

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.”

#2 - Now you are giving examples about stuff Mine survived ....Because those happened only to Mine RIGHT???Like Lubbock pretending death,Lubbock sewing Leone's parts so she can survive,Najenda still living while she was supposed to be dead,Kurome still living because of her drugs and stuff,Tatsumi surviving every single situation....

#3 - There was romance indications between Mine and Tatsumi as much as with any other girls if not more...Yes,Tatsumi would Fall for Esdeath if she was on their side but she is their enemy...And the thing about romance being forced is completely your own opinion dont talk like its a fact...Mine was always nervous around Tatsumi and she was always a love interest...Dont hate author just because he didnt go with harem route...

#4 - Most developed Night Raid member is Mine but all of them are underdeveloped,even you admit it so?Where is the reason to hate Mine?

#5 - She is bad because she is saved lots of times?Sorry but i dont need my characters to be badass over level 9000 to like them...She is Tsundere,deal with it and its not weird she would treat Tatsumi bad,what were you expecting he is a newcomer and Mine is not good with socializing due to her childhood(which you dont give a fuck as you said) do you remember how she treated Chelsea?

#6 - I actually liked the idea of a sniper,having a rifle that becomes powerful when user is in pinch(as a sniper player in COD,Battlefield,CS etc...)About the asspull or OP things...There are so many asspulls and OP things in the manga that i dont see why Pumpkin would be the only one getting all the attention...

And it seems like you missed some important points...They introduced Pumpkin as getting powerful in a "Pinch" and getting stronger in a more "dangerous" situation...Here are the possible questions:Who decides its a pinch?God?Little judges living in Pumpkin?Who decides how big a danger is?The most logical thing is of course the "user" and using emotions as indicator so i dont understand whats so bad about it either...

TL;DR:So...Most of those stuff you said are flaws of manga,not Mine...Yet you admitted before that you hate Mine,you dont even want to see her face,you cant keep calm while she is alive...Thats what i dont understand...

I took my time to read and answer your post instead of watching Twintails.So i hope you will not give more %100 personal opinions as proof to why she is a bad character and should die...You dont have to prove she is bad,you can just say you hate pink stuff or tsunderes so you hate her and move on but if you will try please do it with a little more objectivity...

MineFTW said:
change your name if you want people to take you seriously...im sorry but you look like nothing more than a simple fanboy with that name...

Ha u love me now........i was thinking about changing my name a while ago pumpkin2712 sounds better now dont u think?
Pumpkin2712Dec 5, 2014 8:44 AM
Dec 5, 2014 8:44 AM

Apr 2008
Pumkin2712 said:
LonelyWizard said:

Ha u love me now........i was thinking about changing my name a while ago pumpkin2712 seems better now dont u think?

Going to laugh if Mine's death is confirmed in the manga on the 27th of December
Dec 5, 2014 8:49 AM

Oct 2014
And if she dies because of Pumpkin recoil like in the anime on the 27th of December?
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Should Akame ga Kill! get an anime reboot? ( 1 2 )

jeff_1 - Jan 12, 2017

68 by 01Corvette »»
Jan 13, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 80 Discussion (Volume 8, Extra)

Mana - Feb 24, 2017

6 by yKija »»
Dec 24, 2023 10:17 AM

» Manga compared to the anime

Pizzakiller23 - Sep 12, 2023

5 by Ri-iel »»
Sep 12, 2023 4:42 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 4 Discussion

notsureifsrs - May 8, 2012

7 by JavanyXD »»
Jun 9, 2023 5:30 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 70 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Junchi - Apr 20, 2016

71 by vclouted »»
Apr 25, 2023 6:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.