Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Nov 9, 2014 12:31 PM

Dec 2013
Goddamnit, just why did they do this?
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Nov 9, 2014 12:32 PM

Jul 2014
ramenshojo said:
The Wild Hunt Arc is probably unadaptable due to the level of brutal rape and pedo scenes.

But they could have easily ended this season after THE BIG FIGHT. So why completely butcher the story so horribly like that? It doesn't even make sense.

Such disappointment.

The whole conflict with Wild Hunt abusing their power was only about 2 chapters. After that
Nov 9, 2014 12:33 PM

Oct 2014
[quote=Teedog12]I agree that removing Wild Hunt will kill Run's entire purpose of being in the story, or at least most of it. I guess he'll be given a different role; maybe he'll truly be a bad guy in the anime-original ending.

Ran is deader than Lubbock and from the preview he seems pretty dead
Nov 9, 2014 12:36 PM

Jun 2014
LordPerucho said:
Z4k said:
LOL anime original ending. I totally didn't expect that.

Yeah, lets hope its actually a good one, 99.9% of anime only ending suck. The reasons AGK is going for this are:
There wont be a second season because the anime is too close to the manga.
The stuff that happens later on in the manga are brutal, haxx, and somehow BS according to the fans.

The good news is that that leaves for another anime studio to reboot the series, with A+ animation instead of Toei-tier animation.

Well then you can't call them fans if they hate the stuff that happens later....
Those stars look like they're close to each other, but they're actually very far away, aren't they? It's like Kitamura-kun and I. The things you see aren't always real. How hard must I try in order to understand the unseen truth? ~ Aisaka Taiga

Nov 9, 2014 12:38 PM

Jul 2013
well i guess i really will have to pick up the manga if the anime's apparently becoming different and shit
And I mean that in the most sexually painful way possible.
Nov 9, 2014 12:40 PM

Apr 2008
Admir0w said:
LordPerucho said:

Yeah, lets hope its actually a good one, 99.9% of anime only ending suck. The reasons AGK is going for this are:
There wont be a second season because the anime is too close to the manga.
The stuff that happens later on in the manga are brutal, haxx, and somehow BS according to the fans.

The good news is that that leaves for another anime studio to reboot the series, with A+ animation instead of Toei-tier animation.

Well then you can't call them fans if they hate the stuff that happens later....

That's a very flawed logic.
Nov 9, 2014 12:42 PM
Nov 2014
Like others have said above, there is no way they were going to do the next arc over in Japan since they hate those things on TV. At the pace that they were going there would have been 1 episode for the fight and then just 4 random episodes.
Nov 9, 2014 12:43 PM

Oct 2014
za21 said:

She didn't let him get away in the manga.
In the anime, she just lets Bolic run away and then acts surprised as she is just standing there. She was being useless.

Nov 9, 2014 12:44 PM

Nov 2012
LordPerucho said:
za21 said:

In the anime, she just lets Bolic run away and then acts surprised as she is just standing there. She was being useless.

good job esdisease!
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Nov 9, 2014 12:45 PM

Oct 2014
I don't see Lubbock dying I mean why put that in the preview if he is just gonna die

Apr 2008
LordPerucho said:
za21 said:

Lets be honest here. Esdeath was using him as bait from the start

Nov 2013
good riddance.
Nov 9, 2014 12:46 PM

Apr 2013
Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait...

Halp... D:

Wasn't there supposed to be an epic battle of Suu vs Esdeath?
Don't tell me they stray of the manga now.

Feb 2014
Well, what can I say? I'm disappointed, I truly am.

I wouldn't say I'm mad, it's just I really wish they tried to stay faithful until the end.

I wouldn't say this anime turned to shit, but it's good, but the content that they're skipping out on the manga is really vital and brutal stuff. They're skipping Wild Hunt and a lot other events.

I think it will still be good like FMA, but I'm really interested to see how it will handle the end especially since next episode's content happened in some of the most recent chapters.

*sigh* Our only hope now is for FMA:B treatment, but even if that happened it wouldn't be a for years.

Seriosuly though the whole point of the tension of what happens next episode is because of:

Anyways, I could go on all day about what upsets me, but at this point I'm just going to enjoy the ride and stop comparing it to the manga for now on. They adapted my favorite fight well (Mine vs Seryu) so it wasn't a bad episode by any means.

This series was doing such a good job up until now.... Damn shame. Hopefully it's still good until the end.

Mar 2008
Well can't blame people for flipping out. When adaptations cut away and start going down their anime original route that's tough to watch. While there is never a guarantee you'll get that sequel in 2-3 years, it's a lot harder to get it once you do this.

As to this episode, I had fun with it. Seryu vs Mine was really entertaining. Mine had to push herself to the limit in order to come out on top and even then it was a timely save by Tatsumi that was critical to leaving it alive. She didn't need help to win, just be alive afterwards.

It was a stretch to have that guy by himself so Akame and Lubbock could take care of him. But I can buy him being terrified of Esdeath so wanting to get away or just being foolish to think that while those two factions are fighting each other he can escape just in case the worst should happen. Still requires Esdeath to leave the room, potentially to try to cut off any frontal assault, but not a huge deal to me.

As a whole had some fun with the episode and will have to see where they go with this to wrap it up.
Nov 9, 2014 12:47 PM
Sep 2014
Inori_is_love said:
I don't see Lubbock dying I mean why put that in the preview if he is just gonna die

Yeah. They never outright make it obvious when a certain character is about to die, Except probably Bulat. Even though many arrows point to Lubbock dying next episode, who really knows if its going anime-original style now?
Nov 9, 2014 12:52 PM

Oct 2014
Also I am annoyed about no najenda backstory
Nov 9, 2014 12:54 PM

Aug 2014
Very nice episode. I was actually rooting for Seryu this time, i don't like Mine at all. I can't believe she's fallen for Tatsumi as well, so that leaves who... Najenda and Akame that aren't interested? *Sigh...

The fights were good, though i'm kinda sick of everyone telling Tatsumi he's weak, and him agreeing with this. The guy destroyed a building to kill a single person, that was very cool.

I was kinda surprised how tough of an opponent Seryu was, and even more so when that building got cut in half by Mine. Very powerful Imperial Arm. Felt sad for Justice-san at the end... and poor Coro. I can't even hate the enemy, what an anime.

Wave protecting Kurome was pretty cute. I'm hoping whatever happened between Kurome & Wave vs Susanoo & Leone gets resolved next week, they kinda skipped the whole thing. Esdeath seems to have failed this time, i'm think that's a first.

5/5. I'm scared for Lubbock...
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Nov 9, 2014 12:56 PM

May 2012
Mine is total badass there but raised the tallest death flag..

Nov 9, 2014 12:57 PM

Jan 2013
Uh... well... ok...
I just have to say that the battle ost at the middle of the episode (around the 11 minute mark) was great.
Nov 9, 2014 1:04 PM
Aug 2014
Mine was a badass in this episode!!
She avenged Sheele and Chelsea!!
Even Tatsumi was now able to save one of his Night Raid partners!!
Nov 9, 2014 1:13 PM

Nov 2012
Sam1198777 said:
I have no clue why everyone starts throwing a bitch fit over the change to anime original
Guys, first of all, the "10 chapter" skip is kind of reasonable imo. These 10 chapters basically covered the Wild Hunt and battle (albeit, good battle) between NR and Esdeath. The Wild Hunt is really really useless, so its a plus they skipped all of that. No character development occurs for NR, and they're the protagonists so theres no harm there. Plus, we obviously will get even better fights now. Between all of the factions. And some resolution too. The manga is obviously better but complaining wont get us anywhere, at least let the product end and then criticise it. Statements like "anime-original is shit 99.9% and hence i'm dropping it" are really pointless. Drop it without telling, but if you give a fuck about your own time, you better stick with an anime you bothered to watch 19 episodes of. Who knows, maybe its those 0.1% anime-original better endings.
So excited to watch the next episode, looks like Lubbock will be in a fix (and maybe he wont end up like he did in the manga) (which is a good thing) :3

People overreact whenever an anime deviates from the manga, even in the cases where the anime original parts are on par or even better than the manga version.

I am not saying that is will be better than the manga as I haven't read it and to be fair it probably is better than whatever anime ending that they have planned, but this episode was still pretty good, I don't know why people are raging already.
Nov 9, 2014 1:16 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
TheRealDeal51 said:
Sam1198777 said:
I have no clue why everyone starts throwing a bitch fit over the change to anime original
Guys, first of all, the "10 chapter" skip is kind of reasonable imo. These 10 chapters basically covered the Wild Hunt and battle (albeit, good battle) between NR and Esdeath. The Wild Hunt is really really useless, so its a plus they skipped all of that. No character development occurs for NR, and they're the protagonists so theres no harm there. Plus, we obviously will get even better fights now. Between all of the factions. And some resolution too. The manga is obviously better but complaining wont get us anywhere, at least let the product end and then criticise it. Statements like "anime-original is shit 99.9% and hence i'm dropping it" are really pointless. Drop it without telling, but if you give a fuck about your own time, you better stick with an anime you bothered to watch 19 episodes of. Who knows, maybe its those 0.1% anime-original better endings.
So excited to watch the next episode, looks like Lubbock will be in a fix (and maybe he wont end up like he did in the manga) (which is a good thing) :3

People overreact whenever an anime deviates from the manga, even in the cases where the anime original parts are on par or even better than the manga version.

I am not saying that is will be better than the manga as I haven't read it and to be fair it probably is better than whatever anime ending that they have planned, but this episode was still pretty good, I don't know why people are raging already.
Most of the logical ones are raging because of what's going to happen in the next few episodes No one is denying that this episode was very good

I'm not as butthurt anymore because the stuff that they are axing or re-arranging are the chapters that made a lot of the manga readers hate the series so if they can give us something better then I'll be very happy

Regardless, the best fight of the series was supposed to happen in the next episode and it showcases 2 specific characters that I love very much and it was the one scene that I REALLY wanted to see animated. So the fact that I'm not going to get that makes me very upset
Nov 9, 2014 1:17 PM

Apr 2014
lol so skipping 10 chapters of a monthly manga is ok? Think of how much of the development they just skipped.
Nov 9, 2014 1:18 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Z4k said:
lol so skipping 10 chapters of a monthly manga is ok? Think of how much of the development they just skipped.
Depends on how they handle it.....Only time will tell
Nov 9, 2014 1:19 PM

Jul 2014
I guess it's time to read the manga.
Nov 9, 2014 1:25 PM

Mar 2014
shit my heart was racing during the last few seconds of mine's and seryu's fight at the rate they kill characters in this show I thought mine was done for

so glad mine didn't die though cause she's one of the better characters imo
Nov 9, 2014 1:27 PM

Feb 2014
I'm really disappointed that we won't be able to see White Hunt wreck havoc. People say they wanted to leave it out because of the rape, but..... (I don't know if this is spoiler, but I'll put it in it anyways)

So I wonder if White Fox was afraid to show them or they truly just wanted to make an anime original ending.

I still will never got the notion that people dying and limbs getting chopped off is somehow not as bad as rape :/
Nov 9, 2014 1:30 PM

Aug 2008
Wow, so many manga readers here...

Anyway, glad that fake-justice girl is gone. God, she's the most annoying character in the whole show... not even HanaKana's voice could redeem her.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Nov 9, 2014 1:33 PM
Jan 2014
Just a question, I have not read the manga yet but if this will be an orginal ending how much will it be diffrent? Which chars died in the manga? Im to lazy to go through all the manga right now.
Nov 9, 2014 1:35 PM

Feb 2014
themorry said:
Just a question, I have not read the manga yet but if this will be an orginal ending how much will it be diffrent? Which chars died in the manga? Im to lazy to go through all the manga right now.

You know as much as we do. No one knows how White Fox will end this.

And I'm not spoiling that. Go look at the wikia or read the manga if you want to find out who dies.
Nov 9, 2014 1:36 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Crazy psycho's death was as satisfying as in the manga.

I don't mind that they're going for an anime original ending. I actually expected it considering the manga is still ongoing. What was a bit of an anti-climax is how rushed they made Borick's death feel.

I wonder how they will end it now. Interesting times.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 9, 2014 1:39 PM

Mar 2014
Manga readers be like:

MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Nov 9, 2014 1:47 PM

Jul 2014
I went and marathoned all the manga after chapter 38 after all my manga friends said that I should to see the "canon path" and now I agree with them.

The events of the cathedral are too big to be skipped. Also that 10 chapter arc with Wild Hunt is also quite important now that I read it.

The adaptation was so good thus far..I just don't understand their decision really. In 6 episodes they could of easily finished cathedral and maybe even Wild Hunt..then leave an open end for future season once the manga got more chapters.
Nov 9, 2014 1:48 PM

Jan 2013
Mine was pretty cool in this episode!
And I'm glad that Seiryu is dead now, I really hated her for killing Sheele.

Nov 9, 2014 1:53 PM

Mar 2014
Lichtspiel said:
And I'm glad that Seiryu is dead now, I really hated her for killing Sheele.

I second this. I was glad to see her go.
Nov 9, 2014 1:53 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
StrawberryRain said:
Manga readers be like:

I'm kinda on board with it for the most part

Wild Hunt is the reason why a lot of people currently hate the manga so the fact that they're probably not in the anime is a good thing

As long as they still somehow include the battle I mentioned and either leave it unscathed or make it better (It's already perfect in my eyes), I'll be content
Nov 9, 2014 1:55 PM

Mar 2014
Tokoya said:
StrawberryRain said:
Manga readers be like:

Wild Hunt is the reason why a lot of people currently hate the manga so the fact that they're probably not in the anime is a good thing

As long as they still somehow include the battle I mentioned and either leave it unscathed or make it better, I'll be content

Oh definitely. I'm still looking forward to how they end the anime.
Nov 9, 2014 2:00 PM

Aug 2013
Than excellent episode, the fights were very good, Tatsumi did not strive much, but Mine was incredible against the 'Justice', was one of the fights I more was expecting, and quite liked the adaptation

Mine was really cute at the end of the episode, for me is the best girl in the story, finally the feelings begin to appear

I expect the action to continue and the final part of the anime be very good ..
Nov 9, 2014 2:06 PM

Jun 2014
Sooooo.. No wild hunt? Or yes Wild Hunt... Wonder how they're gonna work this out.

Esdeath is gonna go rage soon I think.

5 more episodes, and heck Im gonna enjoy them all.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 9, 2014 2:08 PM

Aug 2012
Aight, any manga reader can explain what was changed in this episode without spoiling too much of what comes next? I was planning to read this anyway, guess I'll have to do it in a near future.
Nov 9, 2014 2:08 PM
Oct 2014
When i started watching akame ga kill it went to "my top 1 anime right now". But after this episode i feel sad and im waiting for the worst...(talking as a manga reader).
I hope there is some miracle and they are just changing things even if its only 1%change i have faith.

In other hand i love this anime, and i liked very much this episode, i guess the non manga readers are lucky now lol.
Well i just want them to do a fine job even if is a original ending. even so they have my thanks for this great anime, after all im enjoying it very much. and if this is the end of the manga-anime storyline better do it in a good way than an unfinished, i just hope they do a enjoyable ending if its really gonna be that.

I really recomend you guys reading the manga if you didnt, its really good.

Oh and fuck yeah mine is so good. That pumpkin really suits her nice, that power... Jeez. Really good fight
NarayamiNov 9, 2014 2:12 PM
Nov 9, 2014 2:11 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
blooddrunk said:
Aight, any manga reader can explain what was changed in this episode without spoiling too much of what comes next? I was planning to read this anyway, guess I'll have to do it in a near future.
Everything after the part where Tatsumi and Mine had their moment was altered

Borick wasn't supposed to die that way and there was supposed to be a huge battle (The best fight of the series at that)
Nov 9, 2014 2:13 PM

Aug 2012
Tokoya said:
Everything after the part where Tatsumi and Mine had their moment was altered

Borick wasn't supposed to die that way and there was supposed to be a huge battle (The best fight of the series at that)

Thanks. Time for me to read the manga then.
Nov 9, 2014 2:14 PM
Nov 2010
It's nice to see Seryu die. That death flag for Mime was too obvious.

After reading the comments: anime original ending, huh? I suppose there won't be another season of this. I will probably read the manga.
Nov 9, 2014 2:15 PM

Oct 2014
The only thing changed was how Borick died. Unfortunately that change got rid off the best fight in the series
Nov 9, 2014 2:15 PM

Nov 2012
Tokoya said:
StrawberryRain said:
Manga readers be like:

As long as they still somehow include the battle I mentioned and either leave it unscathed or make it better (It's already perfect in my eyes), I'll be content

people hate wild hunt so much. thats the prove that wild hunt is a very good antagonist
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Nov 9, 2014 2:18 PM
Oct 2007
They done fucked it up...
Nov 9, 2014 2:18 PM

Oct 2014
ninjastarforcex said:
Tokoya said:

people hate wild hunt so much. thats the prove that wild hunt is a very good antagonist

But the fact that people liked members of the jaegers for me is so much better because then you want the villains to live
Nov 9, 2014 2:19 PM

Oct 2013
I would lmao, If they make Esdeath and Tatsumi a couple in the anime original ending. XD

Or maybe they will make the NR kill Esdeath, with Tatsumi giving her the final blow. Some generic stuff like that.

At least manga readers wont be able to spoil anything anymore. You anime only watcher should be happy. :)
Pages (13) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2014

1370 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 2, 7:05 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2014

982 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 2, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2014

418 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 2, 6:26 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2014

819 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 2, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2014

818 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 2, 5:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.