Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jul 31, 2014 7:07 AM

Aug 2013
Go Leorio!!! I bet Ging is glad Gon has such good friends though ^_^
Jul 31, 2014 7:12 AM
May 2014
AWESOME episode. Truly great vibes seeing Leorio and a bit of Kurapika.
Jul 31, 2014 7:32 AM

Jul 2014
Ging visit gon already!!!!
Jul 31, 2014 9:27 AM

Jul 2014
Oh crap. I didn't know 140 is already here.. I really want to watch it now but..
Anyway, is it already subbed?
Jul 31, 2014 10:34 AM

Feb 2012
YucchinZoldyick said:
Oh crap. I didn't know 140 is already here.. I really want to watch it now but..
Anyway, is it already subbed?

Yes it is.
And btw, Hunter x Hunter airs every tuesday.
Jul 31, 2014 10:38 AM
Jul 2014
Why did they show Kurapika back there?
Jul 31, 2014 10:46 AM

Apr 2013
Leorio is awesome, that's all.
Jul 31, 2014 12:32 PM

Jan 2013
Kurapika seems really mad, I hope we can get more about him in the future!
Jul 31, 2014 12:42 PM

Oct 2012
LEORIO MAH NIGGA
Jul 31, 2014 1:50 PM

Dec 2012
LEORIOOOOO!!! YOU ARE BACK!! btw, Ging deserved that epic punch >.>
Wanna learn all about Leorio's new ability. He probably has some healing ones as well.

They showed Kurapika with those red(scarlet) eyes... Expecting some good stuff for next week.

Are they gonna perform Gon's recovery in Knov's room? Hmmm.
Jul 31, 2014 2:37 PM

Dec 2013
HOLY FUCKING SHIT LEORIO, DAT PUNCH!!!!!!!!!!
OMFG KURAPIKA, DAT SUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hell yeah, a lot of known faces showed up this ep. That makes me happy. That nail scene was cringeworthy, that butler is scary *-*
Killua has a problem with older woman LOL
Alluka is so cute, it feels like my heart is melting.
The man is back and he is the same as always, i missed u Leorio xD
I came in my pants when i saw Kurapika, and i don't regret it. I wonder why he doesn't answear his friends? I sense some huge foreshadowing! Anyways, In Gon's current situation, that's cold as fuck man, Just like a avenger should be xD

Seriously though, How can this keeps getting better and better? I though CA arc was the limit,that the next arcs would just be boring in comparison, but Togashi just keeps surpassing himself, with his unique story-telling and writting that are present in the whole series, Alluka's Power, and the Zodiacs Designs,this is Godlike. And Mad House keeps delivering us that smooth animation and Perfect Soundtrack... I wonder if another anime will ever be this good. As always, 10/5
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Jul 31, 2014 6:11 PM

Feb 2014
I just noticed it, but Piyon wan hilarious and the VA also so great.

Damn rabbit Zodiac
Jul 31, 2014 8:38 PM
Feb 2014
how is it possible that this anime keeps getting better and better?
i don't know about the bashers and haters, but truly, HxH is awesome as hell. m/

Leorio, i missed you :DD
Jul 31, 2014 11:00 PM

Jul 2013
wtf Leorio you serious man? that's awesome! damn!. and Ging could've blocked or dodged that one but he knows he's fucked up as a father so he just accepted it.
Aug 1, 2014 3:07 AM

May 2013
Why did they show Kurapika now? it would have been better if they kept his panel for the last chapter. It didn't had the wow effect it had in the manga.

Bit slow episode but the next one should be hype.
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Aug 1, 2014 11:55 AM
Aug 2013
The scene with the butler cutting her nail was creepy lol , well you have to expect these scenes with Alluka around :p
Leorio's bad-ass return best part imo and also Kurapika not answering the phone made me suspicious but I'm sure we will find out why ..
Sanity... what would I do with a useless thing like that?
Aug 1, 2014 1:50 PM

Apr 2011
DAT SUPA PUNCH BY LEIRO!!! So badss!!
Aug 1, 2014 1:56 PM

Dec 2013
SaSa-Zoldyck said:
Why did they show Kurapika now? it would have been better if they kept his panel for the last chapter. It didn't had the wow effect it had in the manga.

I believe they though the best way to end this episode(And to introduce Leorio's Nen ability) was with the Punch scene, and i got to agree with MadHouse. Got to love Leorio being Leorio :D Still that foreshadowing with Kurapika is really sending shivers down my spine, i hope nothin bad happens.

inb4 Leorio gets 70% of the votes for chairman. i can feel it.
PriestSlayerAug 3, 2014 5:07 PM
FragOutFire said:

Aug 1, 2014 3:42 PM

Jan 2011
HXH RATING / WEEK 21-27 July 2014
10°: 2,7

WHY IS THIS AWESOME?
schedule: 1:30 a.m
HXH FTW
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
Aug 1, 2014 4:31 PM

Jul 2013
cronosteso23 said:
HXH RATING / WEEK 21-27 July 2014
10°: 2,7

WHY IS THIS AWESOME?
schedule: 1:30 a.m
HXH FTW
Is it vacation-time over in Japan, or something?
Aug 1, 2014 7:08 PM

Dec 2008
Gotoh!!! So happy to see him again!

Leorio was in rare form in this episode. That punch he delivered to Ging was bad ass! What the hell kind of father doesn't go to see his son who's practically knocking on heaven's door?!

What the fuck is up with Kurapika?

Sent with Mal Updater
Aug 1, 2014 8:56 PM
Apr 2014
SaSa-Zoldyck said:

Yeah,agree with u.
It was a bad change like the first episode.
Aug 1, 2014 11:25 PM

Mar 2014
yatabare said:
SaSa-Zoldyck said:

Yeah,agree with u.
It was a bad change like the first episode.

Gotta agree too. It gives non-manga reader false hope of Kurapika returning :(

Lol, I like that whatever Ging's plan to makes him look like a total asshole managed to affect the anime watcher too (keikaku doori hahah)
Aug 1, 2014 11:54 PM

May 2012
HUNTER X HUNTER 2011 EPISODE 140 WAS SUPER EPIC. INTENSE! SO FUNNY... LEORIO FTW!!! KILLUA AND GOTOH FTW!!! OMG. Gossebumps everywhere. This is probably my favorite episode... LOL
Aug 2, 2014 7:00 AM

Jan 2011
Never would have predicted Leorio punching Ging :D Good episode
Aug 2, 2014 7:47 AM

Dec 2013
Finally Leorio channeled his inner badass, i knew he had it in him.
Aug 2, 2014 8:06 AM

Dec 2009
LEORIO FTW!!
I'm 99% sure that Gin took the punch on purpose but that won't erase the fact that Lerio is gonna be one of the few people to punch Gin Freecs ever lol. He deserves it, I'm annoyed with all the careless shounen anime dads regardless of their inner motivation. I'm glad we saw kurapika as well, I love killua so much but I will be really annoyed if he is gonna be the mc of this arc as well, pleaseeeeee togashi give Leo and kura the chance, they are mc's as well -_-.

This scene reminded me of how buggy managed to lead all the level 5 pirates (before and after grabbing shanks lol) which makes we wonder if they are actually "hunters" because they seemed really weak and more like normal citizens XD
Aug 2, 2014 8:33 AM

Dec 2013
LEOOOOOOORRIOOOOOO

Awesome episode, Kurapika looks like he's done some crazy shit with the small cameo he got and the Alluka stuff is really interesting.
Immahnoob said:
They say Jesus walked on water.
People are made out of 79% water.
I can walk on people.
So I am 79% Jesus.
Sourire said:
I once fucked an apple pie.
Aug 3, 2014 4:34 AM

Jul 2007
Anyone else find it odd that Leo (21+ years?) is adventuring around with a couple of 11 year olds, something that i still find weird haha.

Go Leo though, glad gangs getting back together :)
Aug 3, 2014 5:12 AM

Feb 2014
Frenz said:
Anyone else find it odd that Leo (21+ years?) is adventuring around with a couple of 11 year olds, something that i still find weird haha.

Go Leo though, glad gangs getting back together :)

Leo 20, Kurapika 18, Killua and Gon 14.
Aug 3, 2014 10:10 AM

Apr 2014
Pretty decent episode, loved the ending didn't see that coming. Definitely made me like Leorio a bit more xD.
Aug 4, 2014 1:09 AM

Jul 2014
LOL Leorio punch sent shivers up my spine. I don't know what Ging's reasons are for not contacting Gon but he deserved every bit of that.

Also, I wonder what Leorio's powers are (some kind of transference?).

I wonder what the dynamic is between Hisoka and Killua... if he's going to let the wish on Gon happen, or interfere...
KitsuenAug 4, 2014 1:20 AM
Aug 4, 2014 7:59 PM

May 2013
I don't have much to say about this episode aside from LEORIO ALL THE WAY! That punch was one of the most satisfying anime scenes I've ever had the pleasure of viewing. I don't care if Ging could have dodged it or not, the fact that someone finally punched that smug look of his face is more than enough for me. I like him as a character, but he is a terrible father. You deserved it, Ging.

I love how unpredictable Killua's side of he story continues to be.The nature of Alluka's powers allows Togashi to set up some really interesting turns and twists in the story and pretty much holds infinite story potential. I certainly wasn't expecting Alluka to make a request of someone else so soon, but it shakes things up a bit and builds suspense regarding what course of action Killua will take. Great stuff all around.

And..going back to the Ging punch...there are some interesting things we can infer if Ging really deliberately allowed himself to be hit. It's possible Ging is aware that his actions towards his son are wrong. I mean, did he really think Gon was in any condition to ask for him? It's likely that Ging is purposely being such a jerk because he simply can't help. He's nothing more than a child with the appearance of a grown-up: smart, powerful, but also very irresponsible and a thirst to just have fun. Gon is very much like his father in many respects, but he also serves as an interesting contrast: he's a child that often wanted to be taken seriously and regarded as a grown-up, and indeed his entire character arc is centered on just that, while his father is a guy who desires nothing more than to be a kid.

Ging is a coward. We've seen this over and over since the show started. He told Gon on that tape back on Whale Island that he simply didn't want to see him, and he went to great lengths to cover up his tracks. The whole deal on Greed Island with 'Accompany' and whatnot points to this. Ging doesn't want to be a father, and he doesn't want to face his son either. So he basically runs away. Of course he's not going to willingly visit his son in the hospital, even if he knows what a horrible thing that is. Letting Leorio punch him could be his way of punishing himself a bit, because he knows that what he is doing is wrong but lacks the will to do anything otherwise.

A lot of the above is speculation, but it's interesting to think about.
My anime blog
Latest Post: The Zero Requiem (Analysis of the Ending of Code Geass)
Aug 4, 2014 9:21 PM

Jul 2014
MrAM said:
I like him as a character, but he is a terrible father. You deserved it, Ging... Ging is a coward. We've seen this over and over since the show started.

This ^. I thought for a brief moment maybe he'd go and see Gon simply out of how easy it would be with Gon being close by... but I'm just wasting thought.

Ging is such a double-edged sword for me, on one hand I have respect for him because he must be extremely powerful (wtf was that a dragon he was flying on earlier in the series?!!). At the same time, I can't stand his cowardice and immaturity in his role as a father (as you said).
Aug 5, 2014 6:49 AM
Jan 2014
LEORIOOOOOOOo PUNCH
Aug 6, 2014 9:02 PM

Dec 2013
MrAM said:
Great post as always, u enlighten the HxH threads.
FragOutFire said:

Aug 6, 2014 9:06 PM

Jan 2012
Gon wouldnt want Ging to visit. Do u even watch HxH?
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Aug 6, 2014 10:40 PM

Jul 2013
NoobHunterD said:
This.

The point of Gon's journey was for him to find Ging using his own power. If Ging just turned up it would probably shatter Gon.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 7, 2014 2:22 AM

Mar 2014
So awesome to finally see Leorio's punch animated. It actually really looked like Ging actually allowed Leorio to punch him, nearly no doubt that he did.

Also, I guess I'm one of the few that actually like that they got kind of "lazy" with this ED. I love hearing Hyori Ittai play out of nowhere, it reminds me of "Hunting For Your Dream" in the Yorknew Arc.
Aug 9, 2014 6:33 AM

Nov 2011
Leorio's baaaaaaaaack!!!!!!
Aug 9, 2014 6:13 PM
Aug 2007
OHHH GOD, that ending! Wow. Biggest smile on my face for the entire argument between Leorio and Ging. And that amazing technique by Leo was badass O_O
Aug 11, 2014 2:27 AM
Aug 2014
what is the name of soundtrack in the begining of this episode
Aug 11, 2014 6:22 PM
May 2014
Leorio just showed why hes a badass. I can't blame him for doing that.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 21, 2014 10:57 AM

Jun 2014
Punching a double star hunter like a boss

Aug 23, 2014 6:11 AM

Mar 2014
Leorio is back! :D That punch made me like him even more. Ging really deserved it, he is such a douche
Aug 26, 2014 12:28 PM

Apr 2013
I think we met our new president!
I had my Leorio dose... For now
Aug 31, 2014 3:50 AM

Apr 2013
I didn't realize how much I like Leorio until this episode. It's good to have him back, he's good for a laugh.
Sep 2, 2014 10:28 PM

Dec 2013
That was DOPE! Leorio might be my favorite character =)
Love and Peace!!!
Sep 2, 2014 10:49 PM

Dec 2013
Minagatachi said:
NoobHunterD said:
This.

The point of Gon's journey was for him to find Ging using his own power. If Ging just turned up it would probably shatter Gon.

I call BS on this. At the end of the day Gon is a 14 year old kid who's never met his "legendary bad-ass" father. I think he'd be glad to meet his dad, and then chase after Ging later.

on the other hand, Ging is most likely not a coward, but he is VERY selfish and self centered. Not to the point where he has no empathy, but he's not a very good father.
Love and Peace!!!
Sep 6, 2014 3:58 AM

Mar 2013
Nice job revealing your power to everyone in the world leoreo... was funny nonetheless lol
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 72 Discussion ( 1 2 )

RX-782 - Mar 23, 2013

98 by Nerdason »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 71 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HybridMBL - Mar 16, 2013

144 by Nerdason »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 70 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

FireBallsDJ - Mar 9, 2013

199 by Nerdason »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HybridMBL - Mar 2, 2013

139 by Nerdason »»
Yesterday, 4:00 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 68 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

RX-782 - Feb 23, 2013

200 by Nerdason »»
Yesterday, 3:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.