Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 5, 2023 1:29 PM
May 2020
Secret333 said:
Sonson7 said:

Most of your complaints I can see stem mostly from the anime not really roghtout spilling the beans and spoon feed the underlying machinations of the infiltration aspect of this story.
Its either they will fully show it later or we just need to read in between the lines.
The Northern Jaeger gang as we can see is not really that outspoken to what they feel inside. In episode 4 we are given a taste of how world changing it is for Iseria to seeing things that are possible in Erebonia that is hardly imaginable for her to picture in their own hometown. Lavi is a much more not outspoken person and her saying is this a "journey" for her is enough to tell us she relates to how Iseria sees this Mission as a once in a life time travel experience. The Ed is pretty much a visual representation of this journey "the photos shot by Iseria and Lavi keeping them in her room"

As for your complaints about the infiltration side. We have the character Rogan and his team being the legit "Recon" squad only being able to take home a shitty picture of Valimar as proof to the existence of the Hero is a proof of the difficulty of the mission.
As seen in Lavi's team(which is definitely just a rag tag team unfit for such mission)  getting the info is really possible but as we see in episode 3, Altina already is on to them just in day 1. So the problem here is more of "will the Erebonian Intelligence team let the Northern Jaeger take home the info".

If they Let the Lavi gang go home untouched after this then, definitely the Erebonia side is also cooking something to now allow a "leak" of info or the Erebonia side is in cahoots with the ones who pull the strings to send Lavi team to Erebonia in the first place.

Sending the Lavi team in the first place is already fishy.
Also its like they all the political weight in the making of Class VII or its political significance is full on explained early on or even in the middle of cold steel 1. Since Cold steel has  a habit of explaining things when the actual characters who are pulling the strings will show their hand themselves rather than a secondhand explaination.
You complain about "Is that it from their few dialogues". Like don't just rely on what they blatantly say if you are that thirsty for a more deeper lore. Not everyone is not nice as Rean to let the Audience know "Yeah I knew she was a Jaeger or something),. Cause most of the characters you are eying to say somethinh important will probably keep it to themselves and will only make the reveal when the time is right.

So we probably need to have the scene focus in characters like Lechter, Campanella, or Jadya? The North Ambrian white haired woman or Rogan or Glark to get a more wholer scope of things.
Please don't reference Iseria's conversation from episode 4 as if it's a good thing. She's the exact same character since the beginning and being in the empire didn't change her in any meaningful way. And if you think Lavi relates to that and that's what that means by "her journey" then their journey is just being tourists. If you read my post I speculated on what Lavi means by that. It probably has something to do with her idea of "heroes" or "heroism". She was reminded of her grandfather when she listened to Rean, and every time she hears the word "hero" she repeats it, you can't get more overt. But we don't know anything beyond that and that's why the "My journey" line feels like it comes out of nowhere. Both her and Iseria in episode 4 are handeled like that. It's not subtlety, it's lack of any buildup.

And my complaint about "their mission" isn't about the Erebonian side, it's about them. They now know their target's name, how he looks like, and maybe a little bit about his fighting style. But that's not anything that you can't relay on phone or however they've been recieving their orders up until now. They don't know that their cover was blown, so you'd think they'd relay the information they have before recieving their next order, but they instantly say "Let's go home". And they didn't even get a picture of Rean, they took a couple of Valimar. They are closer than ever to being able to learn more yet now they'll pack up and go home?
This anime has not been subtle about anything, and I'm not relying only on them telling me things or "spoon feeding". We know as much about the infiltration mission as Lavi and her team so my questions are about how they're behaving, not related to anything they don't know.
And don't say "Most of your complaints" when you've barely answered 2 of my points when I had like 6 of them. One of them is your headconnon of how Lavi feels, and the other is not even answering my point about the mission. 

Not really headcanon, as I said it is reading between the lines, it may end up incorrect but I surmised the idea incontext to the ed, and Lavi actually getting ehat Iseria meant at episode four, regardless of whether she feels the same. We can say its probably a notion a common North Ambrian can get when they are shown normal necessities in Erebonia that are luxuries by North Ambrian standard.
Its an easy to make sense social notion of people in 3rd world countries viewing what is common necessity in 1st world countries.
If Erebonia has the Noble - Commoner thing going on, this is the stuff for North Ambria like of because many times they mention North Ambria is experiencing problematic levels of poverty.
Like this stuff is about as easy to assume as how in North Ambria Northern Jaegers are seen like heroes or respected as a millitary band in Erebonia as seen in the games, they are more portrayed as hired goons who has no problem playing dirty as long as there is money in it (which is an aspect probably roited again to poverty)
As per the Mission thing I guess the dude above answered it better than me so read that.
Feb 5, 2023 8:00 PM
Oct 2021
Sonson7 said:
Secret333 said:
Please don't reference Iseria's conversation from episode 4 as if it's a good thing. She's the exact same character since the beginning and being in the empire didn't change her in any meaningful way. And if you think Lavi relates to that and that's what that means by "her journey" then their journey is just being tourists. If you read my post I speculated on what Lavi means by that. It probably has something to do with her idea of "heroes" or "heroism". She was reminded of her grandfather when she listened to Rean, and every time she hears the word "hero" she repeats it, you can't get more overt. But we don't know anything beyond that and that's why the "My journey" line feels like it comes out of nowhere. Both her and Iseria in episode 4 are handeled like that. It's not subtlety, it's lack of any buildup.

And my complaint about "their mission" isn't about the Erebonian side, it's about them. They now know their target's name, how he looks like, and maybe a little bit about his fighting style. But that's not anything that you can't relay on phone or however they've been recieving their orders up until now. They don't know that their cover was blown, so you'd think they'd relay the information they have before recieving their next order, but they instantly say "Let's go home". And they didn't even get a picture of Rean, they took a couple of Valimar. They are closer than ever to being able to learn more yet now they'll pack up and go home?
This anime has not been subtle about anything, and I'm not relying only on them telling me things or "spoon feeding". We know as much about the infiltration mission as Lavi and her team so my questions are about how they're behaving, not related to anything they don't know.
And don't say "Most of your complaints" when you've barely answered 2 of my points when I had like 6 of them. One of them is your headconnon of how Lavi feels, and the other is not even answering my point about the mission. 

Not really headcanon, as I said it is reading between the lines, it may end up incorrect but I surmised the idea incontext to the ed, and Lavi actually getting ehat Iseria meant at episode four, regardless of whether she feels the same. We can say its probably a notion a common North Ambrian can get when they are shown normal necessities in Erebonia that are luxuries by North Ambrian standard.
Its an easy to make sense social notion of people in 3rd world countries viewing what is common necessity in 1st world countries.
If Erebonia has the Noble - Commoner thing going on, this is the stuff for North Ambria like of because many times they mention North Ambria is experiencing problematic levels of poverty.
Like this stuff is about as easy to assume as how in North Ambria Northern Jaegers are seen like heroes or respected as a millitary band in Erebonia as seen in the games, they are more portrayed as hired goons who has no problem playing dirty as long as there is money in it (which is an aspect probably roited again to poverty)
As per the Mission thing I guess the dude above answered it better than me so read that.
Oh, ok. It's your reading of what she means and it could be wrong. My reading is that it has something to do with her past and whatever she thinks of "Heroes". I guess we'll see whenever we get more information.

@UTMAN As for how they relay information, Jayna says in the last episode that she'll have Martin's team (Which is our main cast) head to Legram. Now, this could mean that she steered them into going to Legram without them knowing that as an order, but I doubt that. One would think they'd have channels and liasons to relay information across to their superiors. Remember that their first mission in the empire was to attend a party in episode 3. Whatever happened there would've been reported to Jayna, as she seems like she knows what they've been up to.
Again, I could be wrong and she actually just has people spying on them and sending them on goose chases across the empire, but I think having channels for your spys to relay information is a better assumption.
Feb 5, 2023 9:56 PM
Sep 2022
Sonson7 said:
Arsteel16 said:
This girl, feels like she overestimates her ability too much, needs to get reality check sometime soon or she won't grow.  

Also too bad for them, when it comes to the fall of NA they're worrying about the wrong person

I mean she is like 15, and besides most In game North Jaeger acts much dumber than her. So there is that
You're right, she should be measured by that standard lol 

the jaegers are supposed to be battle hardened war veteran but at some point the game got confused on where to place them on the enemy's hierarchy and settle for just medium random field boss. I mean they battled against a bunch of military school students without even managed to harm or kill any of them
Feb 6, 2023 12:33 AM
May 2020
Arsteel16 said:
Sonson7 said:

I mean she is like 15, and besides most In game North Jaeger acts much dumber than her. So there is that
You're right, she should be measured by that standard lol 

the jaegers are supposed to be battle hardened war veteran but at some point the game got confused on where to place them on the enemy's hierarchy and settle for just medium random field boss. I mean they battled against a bunch of military school students without even managed to harm or kill any of them

The northern Jaegers can be lethal but they won't go out their way to kill people just cause, if its what they are hired for they will kill and burn towns. But if its not part of their job they will not do beyond anything of what they had been paid for.
I mean their ate Casualties at Celdic in CS 2, but the surprise attack was made by a mix bag of provincial army and northern jaegers combined.
Feb 6, 2023 12:41 AM
May 2020
Secret333 said:
Sonson7 said:

Oh, ok. It's your reading of what she means and it could be wrong. My reading is that it has something to do with her past and whatever she thinks of "Heroes". I guess we'll see whenever we get more information.

@UTMAN As for how they relay information, Jayna says in the last episode that she'll have Martin's team (Which is our main cast) head to Legram. Now, this could mean that she steered them into going to Legram without them knowing that as an order, but I doubt that. One would think they'd have channels and liasons to relay information across to their superiors. Remember that their first mission in the empire was to attend a party in episode 3. Whatever happened there would've been reported to Jayna, as she seems like she knows what they've been up to.
Again, I could be wrong and she actually just has people spying on them and sending them on goose chases across the empire, but I think having channels for your spys to relay information is a better assumption.

You're probably right about Lavi's struggle with the concept heroes which is making her apprehensive to the idea of Ashen chevalier due her ambigous relationship with her grandfather kinda allude to that.
But my reading on Lavi's feeling is not about that. It is directed to her "saying is this the end of my Journey" line. Which implies she do think this mission in Erebonia made an emotional impact to herin a sense that she acknowledges this a a kind of journey and if she is expecting more from it but thinks she should be able to go on for more thus she questions "is this the end?"
Feb 6, 2023 2:21 AM
May 2008
@Secret333

Well it could be already provided set of orders, which lists which cities to visit if the previous one fails.
Ah now saw one of the dudes claiming that he is the one making scheduled calls, so they can reach back North Ambria.

Still, that doesn't negate my previous point that to convey data, etc they need an orbal computer. They took a lot of pictures about Rean and Valimar, so they need to relay that back to the commanders which cannot be done solely by the enigma. Only the Arcus II-s had those functions and that's one year later.

I mean their job was to find out who is the Ashen Chevalier, and they found out that it was Rean Schwarzer. Their mission is complete. 
Feb 6, 2023 2:46 AM
Oct 2021
@UTMAN

"A lot of pictures" isn't what I'd call a couple of pictures of Valimar's backside, which is what we see them take.
I should also consider that maybe "Going back home" is Martin's idea of what they'll do once they relay the information (if they do that before going back) and they'll recieve orders to stay in the empire.
Because I somehow doubt we're done with the empire, so now I'm just wondering what reason they'll have to stay there/return there after they're done  reporting the information they gathered, however they decide to do that.

And while their mission was to know who the Ashen chevalier is, you still need other information. I expected them to try and find out more about his background, his family, at least where he lives so you could send assassins his way. Maybe other teams from NA will do that, maybe our main characters will be given that mission next. Either way I don't think NA has enough information about him yet. His name is just the start.

Sonson7 said:
Secret333 said:

You're probably right about Lavi's struggle with the concept heroes which is making her apprehensive to the idea of Ashen chevalier due her ambigous relationship with her grandfather kinda allude to that.
But my reading on Lavi's feeling is not about that. It is directed to her "saying is this the end of my Journey" line. Which implies she do think this mission in Erebonia made an emotional impact to herin a sense that she acknowledges this a a kind of journey and if she is expecting more from it  but thinks she should be able to go on for more thus she questions "is this the end?"
 Yeah, maybe she does have more expectations of her trip in Erebonia. I don't see that conveyed much from her,  but the show could still go that route. Fingers crossed we get more on that next episode.
Feb 6, 2023 2:58 AM
May 2020
Secret333 said:
@UTMAN

"A lot of pictures" isn't what I'd call a couple of pictures of Valimar's backside, which is what we see them take.
I should also consider that maybe "Going back home" is Martin's idea of what they'll do once they relay the information (if they do that before going back) and they'll recieve orders to stay in the empire.
Because I somehow doubt we're done with the empire, so now I'm just wondering what reason they'll have to stay there/return there after they're done  reporting the information they gathered, however they decide to do that.

And while their mission was to know who the Ashen chevalier is, you still need other information. I expected them to try and find out more about his background, his family, at least where he lives so you could send assassins his way. Maybe other teams from NA will do that, maybe our main characters will be given that mission next. Either way I don't think NA has enough information about him yet. His name is just the start.

Sonson7 said:

But my reading on Lavi's feeling is not about that. It is directed to her "saying is this the end of my Journey" line. Which implies she do think this mission in Erebonia made an emotional impact to herin a sense that she acknowledges this a a kind of journey and if she is expecting more from it  but thinks she should be able to go on for more thus she questions "is this the end?"
 Yeah, maybe she does have more expectations of her trip in Erebonia. I don't see that conveyed much from her,  but the show could still go that route. Fingers crossed we get more on that next episode.

About the mission thing (its not directed to me but if I gavr my 2 cents about it, my expeculation as written in my first reply is that even if they do get more info about Rean, the problem is more of "will Lechter and his team would let the info leak in the first place", I mean they are already on to the Lavi gang since day1.
ROGAN'S recon team probably face the same problem thus they are only been able to took home just a blurry image of Valimar and not even getting Rean's name to boot. Any person who got good info got silenced by Lechter's team.

If Lavi team gets to relay the info back home, then the big difference now is more of Lechter's team letting Lavi go home with those info deliberately as a part of Osbourne's scheme to annex the North Ambria or that they are in cahoots with Jayna who send the ragtag Lavi team to Erebonia in the first place, which is why Altina is not taking action against Lavi team
Feb 6, 2023 4:07 AM

May 2009
Animation and editing is so bad not even Rean could save the episode
Feb 7, 2023 5:03 AM
Dec 2021
Sonson7 said:
Secret333 said:
@UTMAN

About the mission thing (its not directed to me but if I gavr my 2 cents about it, my expeculation as written in my first reply is that even if they do get more info about Rean, the problem is more of "will Lechter and his team would let the info leak in the first place", I mean they are already on to the Lavi gang since day1.
ROGAN'S recon team probably face the same problem thus they are only been able to took home just a blurry image of Valimar and not even getting Rean's name to boot. Any person who got good info got silenced by Lechter's team.

If Lavi team gets to relay the info back home, then the big difference now is more of Lechter's team letting Lavi go home with those info deliberately as a part of Osbourne's scheme to annex the North Ambria or that they are in cahoots with Jayna who send the ragtag Lavi team to Erebonia in the first place, which is why Altina is not taking action against Lavi team
nah Lechter for sure he knows that Team Lavi is just a diversion since dude North Ambria is in league with the "Snakes". They were just sent to buy time since the Archaisms is not yet ready. Lechter said already in the episode that the north annexation is inevitable.
Feb 7, 2023 9:43 AM
Mar 2022
The Legend of Imbeciles: The Crap War
what a regrettable bad anime, if this is the story of the game, I don't know how it has so many sequels
Feb 7, 2023 10:57 AM
May 2020
Kakeru_00115 said:
Sonson7 said:

nah Lechter for sure he knows that Team Lavi is just a diversion since dude North Ambria is in league with the "Snakes". They were just sent to buy time since the Archaisms is not yet ready. Lechter said already in the episode that the north annexation is inevitable.

Welp the preview images for episode 6 shows ||Lechter|| with the rabbit duo intervening Lavi team. So..
Even They are probably aware Lavi team are diversions but since the war is inivetable the info about Erebonia are still of strategic war imporatance, The intelligence bureau can't just suddenly let it leak now.
That is unless if letting it leak has a plus side for Erebonia
Feb 8, 2023 4:53 PM

Nov 2013
(let's see if Lavi does enough to make me enjoy this episode lols)

some random political meetings at the start, how interesting, not :v

some random rich guy pretending he is so cool for riding a train with commoners, a train that doesn't sell caviar, how can commoners survive? LOL

the train had to do a forced stop and the results were hillarious, the way Talion saved the waitress, how the rich guy fell down his seat, and ofc how the 2 girls were trying to keep their items safe
the reason, a bunch of rocks fell to the road, will the 2 main guys clear them?

the rich guy is thirsty, give him some champagne LOL Lavi getting tired of his shit

a random fissure came out of nowhere, and Lavi decided to save the rich guy's ass (just let him fall, damn it lols), making her fall down there and almost get buried by the rocks but her reflexes saved her
after a loud phone call, Lavi had to start fighting the cause of the heartquack, a big centipede (probably summoned by the exorcist guy from the other seasonal lol) ... i bet Pochita could take care of the centipede tho

luckily for her, some guy called her and grabbed her after her jump
oh there is the girl with the big ears (or hood, whatever) from the op

on the surface, the other3 arekinda worried but they will just wait for the lost puppy to come back, meanwhile they help with fixing the rails
Iseria wanted to walk the rest of the way, but the tickets are already paid
wtf, Talion dropped that big stone on his foot, what is that idiot doing, holy LOL

Lavi talked with the 2 people she found, they are from the empire, so she better not tell them who she is
she will findthe exiton her own way, but the other 2 might just happen to go in the same direction lol the usual

the 2 little kids doing their best to help, while the rich guy just takes some sun bath, yep he should be the one falling to the hole, nothing would be lost

Lavi got annoyed of wasting time and went to kill some monsters, but the big one came out of nowhere, but thanfully she was saved by the guy again
still annoyed, shedecided to put some holes on the wall, just to gethit by the water that came from there LOL look at her go with the water

good on the other girl for having a flying robot, must be nice not having to walk or swim
time for a break, and what better than fishing for food underground?
Lavi trying to not be too friendly (or maybe that's just how she is anyway), but she can see that empire soldiers can be nice people, she even told them her name

back to the centipede, and Lavi asking them, why would they get hurt to save others? i don't think she can say that after saving the rich guy earlier lol

LAvi left them to fight the monster, saying how she shouldn't careabout imperial citizens, but enemies or not, they are people too, just like others she helpedin the last episodes, so she decided to go back and help

wow, the kid actually managed to make the noble help him, i didn't see that coming, not bad

the other 2 werehaving an hard time, but as soon as Lavi came, they defeated it pretty fast and went back to the surface just in time for the repairs to be done
rich guy gave money to Lavi but she didn't want it LOL

oh no, when we thought everything was over, many more centipedes appeared, holy shit, scary
oh the imperial guy called the big robot, so he is the guythey have been looking for, the imperial hero
and wow, he one shot all of them, interesting

Lavi remembering what the robot did to her people, she can't forgive him... how annoying that it had to be the one guy that she was starting to respect
he knows she must be jaegar by the way she handles things, but decided to not confront her

well, i wonder how this will go, will Lavi try to find him again? or will they just go home and risk being attacked by him in the future? well, now i'm kinda curious how this will end
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Feb 8, 2023 10:50 PM
May 2020
The robot did not do anything towards her people, its more of Lavi imagining how destructive it would be if Valimar is gonna be sent to attack North Ambria.
Feb 20, 2023 10:43 PM
May 2020
Ryo_Yagyu said:
The Legend of Imbeciles: The Crap War
what a regrettable bad anime, if this is the story of the game, I don't know how it has so many sequels

Guy starts watching One Piece in the middle of Dressrosa arc and the episode be like entirely Zoro getting lost for few chunk of episodes.
Guy says: I wonder how everybody says One Piece Story is great if a few episodes is just about a guy getting lost for episodes?? I wonder why it was known for Great world building?I wonder how this produced sequel seasons?
(Bruh, you started in the "middle" of the story so of course you a lot of things will go pass by your head and won't get most of it. And since it is a story within an arc in the middle of the franchise, you can say this story is more of a side story sequel rather than it "spawning sequels".
Oct 31, 2023 8:05 AM
Aug 2013
we finally get the plot moving, even then kinda of a slow episode. Also, maybe I am crazy but it seems like they picked someone different for Rean's English VA? if so that is another thing that would be disappointing.

More topics from this board

Poll: » The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki - Northern War Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2023

31 by Kenchiin »»
Jan 23, 8:46 AM

Poll: » The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki - Northern War Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2023

14 by Volvagia »»
Nov 15, 2023 6:16 PM

Poll: » The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki - Northern War Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2023

17 by Volvagia »»
Nov 15, 2023 9:49 AM

Poll: » The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki - Northern War Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2023

25 by Volvagia »»
Nov 15, 2023 9:13 AM

Poll: » The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki - Northern War Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2023

19 by Volvagia »»
Nov 6, 2023 8:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.