Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 1, 2021 2:31 AM

Jul 2015
Good to see Teio finding her spark again in racing through the help of having a rival.

Jul 2, 2021 7:00 AM

Jan 2017
No wonder Mcqueen won, look at all the advantages she has being born into the Mejiro family lel

Rice Showers is such a qt, especially with that personality of hers
Dec 18, 2021 6:19 AM

Apr 2011
Feel bad for Teio. She even got injured again. At least she found her spark again
at the end.

I'm surprise Bourbon lost, and its Rice Shower.
Jan 2, 2022 1:54 AM

Sep 2018
Episode with a strong underlying message, on which the whole narrative is built. Also this time the vision of this episode is very satisfying, but it does not lose its light-hearted verve, although the atmosphere is serious almost all the time so as not to be out of place with what the narration wants to express. The quality of the drawings is good as well as the animations, the characters do their dirty work well, this second season is not disappointing in the least even though the protagonists have changed. Interlocutory episode until the end where she is saved in a corner thanks to the final part, thanks to a good work of the director, who does not miss the contribution of the secondary characters and finally reveal even one of them kept hidden until now, curious to know his identity better.
Feb 13, 2023 8:14 AM

Feb 2022
Wow, what an emotional episode
                                                    slice of life anime, my precious.

2D>>>>>>
Mar 6, 2023 6:42 AM

Feb 2021
A great episode. Sometimes we lose sight on why we do what we do. So having someone there to support us or compete with is always great motivation.

The Perfect Duo - has one who thinks and one who do's.
To have a party, there's at least two 

When the world is dark, and you feel near to end.
Just remember there's hope, in the form of a friend.

Jul 7, 2023 2:28 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I thought they were hyping up the Bourbon girl to be the undefeated champion no one can beat, but she literally loses in this episode, to who might be the actual final boss of this season, Rice Shower. Definitely got my expectations subverted there.

A slower episode with Teio down in the dumps, but it's okay since after a quick series of events, she is back on her feet again with newfound purpose for running. Which, I didn't really buy her having lost a reason to race and all that. I feel like she would of course be disappointed after her first loss, but would take it like a champ and keep fighting nonetheless. And the reason for her to keep on racing is one she gets from McQueen, who tells her that she is still not satisfied with her first victory against her and thus still considers her her rival, but from the REAL rivals Vodka and what's-her-name-I-forget-there's-so-many-characters: just wanting to beat someone. Now I've been liking Teio as a main lead for this series up until now, more than Special Week. But now I kind of miss Special Week; because her reason for racing was her promise to her mother(s) to be the best horse girl in Japan or something like that. Teio is kind of just like "I WANNA WIN ALL THE TIME", which obviously is the right mentality for competition, but it doesn't have as much heart as Special Week's reason. Anyway, all this lasted only this episode, so it's no big matter. We should be firing on all cylinders again by the next episode.

NYANPASU
5700XT

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) Season 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2021

62 by vino1931 »»
Aug 12, 10:11 AM

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) Season 2 Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2021

44 by Shocked »»
May 21, 6:18 PM

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) Season 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2021

54 by RusiansBF »»
May 16, 9:45 AM

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) Season 2 Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2021

49 by RusiansBF »»
May 15, 9:25 AM

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) Season 2 Episode 2 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jan 11, 2021

49 by Fujiwara_Chika04 »»
Mar 24, 12:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.