Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Royal Tutor
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 14, 2017 12:48 PM

Mar 2016
shiroi-ookami said:
The backstory of the king and Heine was really predictable. But it was still a good watch. However, I don't if I have missed sth but why does Heine want to keep it a secret, so much that he would leave if it's out? I just don't get that.

I agree that openness would have been the best policy. Perhaps as the prince's were first getting to know him, it made sense. Growing to trust someone who may have attempted to kill your father would be difficult, particularly with the King being away until weeks after Heine began teaching. Once the King got back, though, they could have met with the princes together and explained everything.

Another possibility is that Heine is concerned for his past students. Maybe he didn't want people to look down and possibly distrust them because they had been taught by an "assassin". This might explain why he wanted to keep it secret, but once the word about his past was out, I don't think disappearing will change anything for them.
-- Rich
Jun 14, 2017 1:10 PM

Mar 2016
sakamoto-kun said:

Sure everything was shown from our pov and therefore it's easier for us to grasp everything than for the ones who were there, but it's hard to believe that the soldier who shot didn't exaggerate the situation just to be free of guilt.

like I said I'm not disagreeing with your opinion I'm just stating my thoughts on this. I hope you understand my point.

I do, and it is valid interpretation. I was offering another possibility, not the Only Truth. I try to keep in mind Hanlon's Razor:

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

It is possible the soldiers did act with malice and lies. Statistically though, stupidity, followed by rationalization, are more common. Shooting at Heine, who was so close to the prince, was pretty stupid.
-- Rich
Jun 14, 2017 1:48 PM

Nov 2016
r0kus said:
sakamoto-kun said:

Sure everything was shown from our pov and therefore it's easier for us to grasp everything than for the ones who were there, but it's hard to believe that the soldier who shot didn't exaggerate the situation just to be free of guilt.

like I said I'm not disagreeing with your opinion I'm just stating my thoughts on this. I hope you understand my point.

I do, and it is valid interpretation. I was offering another possibility, not the Only Truth. I try to keep in mind Hanlon's Razor:

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

It is possible the soldiers did act with malice and lies. Statistically though, stupidity, followed by rationalization, are more common. Shooting at Heine, who was so close to the prince, was pretty stupid.

Malice sounds harsh, though. Maybe more like afraid of getting punished and therefore don't bother to explain it which is technically a lie somehow, the result may be the same, it just doesn't make the person look that bad or evil.

In any case your view is pretty interesting and I'm glad that we could at least agree that the behaviour of the soldier was kinda stupid xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 14, 2017 2:09 PM

Apr 2016
Wowie, what an episode. Glad to finally learn Heine's past, though I didn't think it would be that dark. Victor and Heine had a great friendship and I want to see more of it! I can't believe there's only one more episode.
Jun 15, 2017 5:00 AM

Apr 2009
r0kus said:

I agree that openness would have been the best policy. Perhaps as the prince's were first getting to know him, it made sense. Growing to trust someone who may have attempted to kill your father would be difficult, particularly with the King being away until weeks after Heine began teaching. Once the King got back, though, they could have met with the princes together and explained everything.

Another possibility is that Heine is concerned for his past students. Maybe he didn't want people to look down and possibly distrust them because they had been taught by an "assassin". This might explain why he wanted to keep it secret, but once the word about his past was out, I don't think disappearing will change anything for them.

I understand that either the king nor Heine would tell them when Heine was just getting to know the princes (and we know that they weren't exactly excited about his arrival), but the king just explained now how it's all a misunderstanding, even the former king pardoned him when knowing the truth. And as you said disappearing wouldn't change anything,not at this point, since the princes are obviously fond of him, and trust him. And they had no reason not to believe the king. We also don't know if Heine had other students before. What I also don't get is, why then, when he was cleared of the crime it wasn't announced officially or sth. It doesn't really make sense to me. I hope there will be an explaination in the final episode, and that this whole thing wasn't just for the sake of forced drama.
Jun 15, 2017 5:58 AM
Jun 2017
Maybe because it would then bring up the issue of how Heine and Viktor got to know each other in the first place, which was of course because the Viktor used to sneak out of the palace etc. etc. And this would only serve to complicate things even more since people would eventually create more rumors and twisting the truth even further. Also, the issue probably died down a bit by the time Viktor recovered so maybe they thought that there was no need to stir up the issue again. So they just let it be since the important thing was Heine was set free and his name was cleared, at least with the former king and stuff.

Well, that's what I think, there may be an explanation in the next episode at any rate. Or there may not be lol. But that's my take on why they decided not to announce it officially and stuff.
Jun 15, 2017 8:03 AM

Apr 2009
Rinkakuchi said:
Maybe because it would then bring up the issue of how Heine and Viktor got to know each other in the first place, which was of course because the Viktor used to sneak out of the palace etc. etc. And this would only serve to complicate things even more since people would eventually create more rumors and twisting the truth even further. Also, the issue probably died down a bit by the time Viktor recovered so maybe they thought that there was no need to stir up the issue again. So they just let it be since the important thing was Heine was set free and his name was cleared, at least with the former king and stuff.

Well, that's what I think, there may be an explanation in the next episode at any rate. Or there may not be lol. But that's my take on why they decided not to announce it officially and stuff.

Hm, yeah. That's a good explaination, I can live with that.;D I didn't think of Viktor's position, but it makes sense. It's just that I'd like to have some justice for Heine, even if his name was cleared for the former king. He still has to hide his past, unnecessarily so. And we saw how it turned out for him... Oh, well. I'm sure there will be a happy ending, the princes would prob do sth to get Heine back in the next epi and all will be good. xD
shiroi-ookamiJun 15, 2017 8:06 AM
Jun 16, 2017 11:39 PM

Oct 2008
That was a very beautiful back story between young Heine and young Victor!
4/5.

Jun 17, 2017 2:30 AM

Aug 2016
I would like to point out that the manga is still ungoing and this past is not canon as said by the original creator. Anyways, great episode ^-^
Jun 21, 2017 6:31 AM

Dec 2014
okay heine 's past revealed...have more respect for the guy
Jun 25, 2017 11:30 AM

Sep 2013
Heise tells the princes to search for the truth and they do, the king tells them about his past where he met the heisei taking care of the parentless kids in the sewers underground :O
The guards go search for him and viktor takes a bullet for heise but everything is allright in the end :'(
Jul 25, 2017 12:00 AM

May 2013
Heine is so kind TTATT If it were someone else, they'd get pissed off at the prince for hiding his status and ending up in jail because of it. But Heine prayed for the prince's safety TT_____TT I'm touched <3
Oct 12, 2017 7:03 AM

Oct 2012
Aww Heine, you don't need to leave :(
"Signature removed"
Dec 25, 2018 10:02 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
WHAT A STORY @_@ TEARED A BIT
張大です for 張大勇督察
Apr 14, 2020 5:10 AM

Oct 2017
Damn i'm thirsty for Kai's glare now fuckkkkkkkkkk
You're telling me Heinz couldn't read before?????
Damn I'm telling ya that guard must have been fired from shooting the prince

This is a new sensitive side of Heinz I've never seen before omfg--

More topics from this board

» Can i ask something....

yukiyamayui - Nov 12, 2023

5 by Senpai-no-lie »»
Nov 15, 2023 9:08 PM

Poll: » Oushitsu Kyoushi Haine Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2017

67 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 5, 2023 5:02 AM

Poll: » Oushitsu Kyoushi Haine Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - May 30, 2017

33 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 4, 2023 4:50 PM

Poll: » Oushitsu Kyoushi Haine Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 23, 2017

33 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 4, 2023 4:26 PM

Poll: » Oushitsu Kyoushi Haine Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Smudy - May 16, 2017

50 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 4, 2023 3:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.