Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Oct 12, 2013 9:35 PM

May 2011
Good episode I laughed my ass a lot. But the second part of it made me wonder. Overall it has started very nice.
Oct 12, 2013 9:50 PM

Nov 2011
Hmm as someone who hasn't read the visual novel it feels as if i'm missing out on a bit.

Just keep on watching was still very enjoyable and the episode just went so fast xD
Oct 12, 2013 10:05 PM

Nov 2010
Hold your horses, VN readers. A little bit of comparing VN-Anime is okay, but using more than half of the thread for it is just annoying for new readers, there's a thread for VN-Anime comparison. Or do you expect another thread wipe again?

Okay, about the episode itself : It's very good for me. The "romance" thingie for this episode made sense for me (I don't know what will happen in next episode though), and some added Rin scenes made a lot of sense IMHO. Both in general direction-wise (KyoAni butcher every romance routes in Clannad and why complaining about this?) and in narration wise.
rodacOct 13, 2013 12:05 AM
Oct 12, 2013 10:08 PM

Dec 2012
Meanwhile, at MAL scores...

This is how it all begins.

My RYM|My Last.Fm|My Steam
Oct 12, 2013 10:16 PM

Jan 2011
Another stupid request, but can someone make a gif of Masato and Kengo's reactions when Kyousuke exposes their maid and miko fetishes?
Oct 12, 2013 10:18 PM

Sep 2012
TimeToRepent said:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

dizzyworld2 said:
Another stupid request, but can someone make a gif of Masato and Kengo's reactions when Kyousuke exposes their maid and miko fetishes?

Kengo's: http://i.minus.com/iqNT32DLHaeWj.gif
Masato's: http://i.minus.com/ipRWRfjcoasNy.gif
Vladz0rOct 12, 2013 10:35 PM
Oct 12, 2013 10:35 PM

Aug 2013
Vladz0r said:
TimeToRepent said:

XD laughing sooo hard atm
Oct 12, 2013 10:36 PM

Feb 2013
Thanks for the gifs Vlad.
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Oct 12, 2013 10:39 PM

Jun 2013
Oh no. Riki and Kurugaya are... are a-a-a-actually kind of c-c-c-cute?!! Don't do this to me Little Busters! I've always been a protag x main girl kind of chick when it comes to Key stuff!

Ah, but enjoyable episode! The best part was seeing all the guys hanging out together. They are just too hilarious.
Oct 12, 2013 10:41 PM

Nov 2009
epic_joelle said:
Vladz0r said:
TimeToRepent said:

XD laughing sooo hard atm

seems like someone traveled to the future, and watched it all >>
Oct 12, 2013 10:56 PM

Oct 2010
Despite the lack of L-L Hunters, I loved this episode. Even from a visual novel reader's standpoint, everything felt right. It didn't feel like an adaptation, but rather a cohesive story. Now I think that Riki doesn't realize his feelings for Kurugaya until they look at each other during the fireworks. For me, that rationalizes his feelings toward her. He might also retain feelings for her from whatever flashback that was, since it seems that he keeps his memories through the repeating day.

The fireworks scene was perfect. "Lamplight" fit in perfectly with the whole mood, and it's just ugh I love what's been done with this season so much. As for the ripple, I don't think that's from Rin's tears, but rather just symbolism.

Please don't bash opinions from anime-only watchers like SetsukoHara. They're valid. You VN readers are spamming this topic with spoilers and criticisms, so I don't see why you have to get angry at someone posting his/her honest impression.

Kurugaya <3

Oct 12, 2013 10:59 PM

Mar 2012
Kurugaya is best girl clearly, but hard not to feel bad for Rin.
Oct 12, 2013 11:20 PM

Oct 2013
It's getting better and better! Great Job, J.C. Staff :D
Oct 12, 2013 11:30 PM

Sep 2012

Dug through all 10 pages to find this again. Thanks.
Oct 12, 2013 11:30 PM
Jul 2018
Ever since they added romance in this season it has just gotten better.
Oct 12, 2013 11:32 PM

Oct 2012
my beloved rin was jealous... :3

Oct 12, 2013 11:43 PM

Sep 2012
After having to skip the first episode last week due to internet problems, I am back!

Double dose of Refrain + Pokemon X = Best weekend ever.

Anyways onto the episode:

New OP and ED are pretty amazing, but why doesn't the ED have an animation...?

Visuals look polished a bit, and overall animation seems to be similar in style to before but a bit better and more consistent. Music is MUCH nicer, without the constant repeat of "unused Track 3" that was overused in season 1. "Love Love Hunters" makes a nice appearance, although sadly it appears they cut out about 2/3 of it (confession practice, Natsume sibling tensions?)

I have to say that Kurugaya route seems to be planned out quite well. They're not rushing it, and a;though they've removed some of the comical parts, the essence is still there, with plenty of foreshadowing the events to come.

Animated fireworks part was amazing, and I quite like how they brought the other Little Busters in as well. Not sure how I feel about RikixRin tensions, since Rin and Riki's confession was much more casual in the anime, and I'm pretty sure the whole idea was that even Rin didn't really know or care about love. But I'll see how that pans out.

Overall, Refrain looks like it's off to a great start. It's gonna be epic.

Also, just out of interest, is everyone here using RefrainSubs or FFF? RS looks like a much better choice, not only because of their VN experience, but damn, those karaoke effects are orgasmic.

Edit: Wait Vladz0r, you're the editor for RefrainSubs?! Well, I guess I can rest my doubts about this translation.
rodacOct 13, 2013 12:16 AM
Oct 12, 2013 11:46 PM

Nov 2009
Aww, poor Rin. Kurugaya looked really beautiful. And they revealed their fetishes this ep.
Oct 12, 2013 11:48 PM

Aug 2012
@SleepingEntity
I assure you, Refrain Subs is the best one out there.
Oct 12, 2013 11:52 PM

Feb 2013
SleepingEntity said:

Edit: Wait Vladz0r, you're the editor for RefrainSubs?! Well, I guess I can rest my doubts about this translation.

Yes he is. XD We're glad to have him too.
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Oct 12, 2013 11:59 PM

Sep 2012
shcboomer said:
SleepingEntity said:

Yes he is. XD We're glad to have him too.

Wait you too shcboomer?

Am I missing something here? Who else is on your team who was part of these discussions from first season?

And when did you guys decide to sub Refrain? Before/during first season, or after you saw that UTW wasn't picking it up? Or did you guys pick it up because you weren't satisfied with UTW's treatment of first season?

But anyway, am I glad that you guys are doing this. I can rest easy. (To be honest, I thought I would have to rely on HorribleSubs...thank you for saving me from that fate).

Oh, and I'm not sure if this is too minor for a script edit, but at 3:54 I think "is now surrounded by friends" should be "am now surrounded by friends".
Oct 13, 2013 12:14 AM

Jan 2011
Mod Edit: Keep discussion of the visual novel out of this thread which is for episode 2 of the anime. Discussing the VN inevitably creates spoilers. Also chat should be taken to pm's, comments, or the irc channel. A number of posts were deleted here either because of the high spoiler content, or because they were part of extended chat between two or three users. No Spoilers! No VN discussion or comparisons! No chatting!
rodacOct 13, 2013 12:28 AM
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Oct 13, 2013 12:39 AM

Sep 2011
Sad to see that they took out the most funniest part of the scene with Kyousuke.
Oct 13, 2013 12:58 AM

Feb 2013
SleepingEntity said:

Am I missing something here? Who else is on your team who was part of these discussions from first season?

And when did you guys decide to sub Refrain? Before/during first season, or after you saw that UTW wasn't picking it up? Or did you guys pick it up because you weren't satisfied with UTW's treatment of first season?

But anyway, am I glad that you guys are doing this. I can rest easy. (To be honest, I thought I would have to rely on HorribleSubs...thank you for saving me from that fate).

Oh, and I'm not sure if this is too minor for a script edit, but at 3:54 I think "is now surrounded by friends" should be "am now surrounded by friends".

In terms of the rest of the team, they should have their signatures set to saying they are a member. If not they probably don't want to say. (Personal preference maybe?) Also not too sure who was around for the first season discussions.

We picked it up because UTW-Mazui decided not to sub this season. We were a bit afraid that parts would be interpreted incorrectly and decided to sub ourselves.

Lastly, thanks for the kind words. We enjoy doing this, and we hope you enjoy watching it too.
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- G-senjou no Maou
- Rewrite
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Oct 13, 2013 1:35 AM

Sep 2013
shirayuki75 said:
Despite the lack of L-L Hunters, I loved this episode. Even from a visual novel reader's standpoint, everything felt right. It didn't feel like an adaptation, but rather a cohesive story. Now I think that Riki doesn't realize his feelings for Kurugaya until they look at each other during the fireworks. For me, that rationalizes his feelings toward her. He might also retain feelings for her from whatever flashback that was, since it seems that he keeps his memories through the repeating day.

The fireworks scene was perfect. "Lamplight" fit in perfectly with the whole mood, and it's just ugh I love what's been done with this season so much. As for the ripple, I don't think that's from Rin's tears, but rather just symbolism.

Please don't bash opinions from anime-only watchers like SetsukoHara. They're valid. You VN readers are spamming this topic with spoilers and criticisms, so I don't see why you have to get angry at someone posting his/her honest impression.

Kurugaya <3

I highly doubt that he realizes he has feelings for Kurugaya when they look each other, thing is.. why would Riki flashback to the scene where Rin looks at him with that stare and ask himself "whom do I really love?" well.. we have to wait and see for the next episode if they actually started dating before the "ripple effects" started taking place.
Oct 13, 2013 2:17 AM

Jul 2009
I actually really liked this episode, it did feel a little forced with Kurugaya and I think it could have extended another episode at least to build up until the point, but it was decent nonetheless. As an anime-only viewer, I'm excited to see what comes next in this series, then I'll give the VN a shot which I'm sure would tie up everything.
Oct 13, 2013 2:20 AM

Sep 2012
Vladz0r said:

They live in the same dorm. They're congregating like they always have, not re-uniting randomly.

If you want, that doesn't change anything, I still think those scenes are really cringeworthy.
Naoki-Saten said:

How come there are people who have no idea, yet always feel like the world should hear their opinion, no matter how stupid their so-called 'contribution' is?

Then you better follow your own advice, cause I don't know what this post brings to this discussion. Stop being a butthurt and stop insulting people's opinion just because they are different from yours.
Oct 13, 2013 2:43 AM

Sep 2011
SleepingEntity said:
but why doesn't the ED have an animation...?

I'm really surprised that you don't know.

Oct 13, 2013 3:13 AM

Aug 2011
Great episode this week, and I hope they follow the trend with the rest of the season.

Kurugaya has always been the 2nd best girl for me in LB after Rin, and she just shows it really well this episode why I like her so much, her cheeky and caring personality is what for me makes her so great, and even though her route is somewhat complicated, it was shown really well in this episode, and how it really will play out in the next coming episodes, though for me it looks like Rin2 is about to begin next episode.

The scenes where that glorious OST alongside those beautiful fireworks was really sweet to watch and the romantic tension between Riki and Kurugaya couldn't have been better IMO. The Rin scene was unexpected to see, but it added a deep meaning to it and will probably be followed up on coming episodes. ^^

The Loli-Loli Hunters scene was a dip in disappointment for me, I was hoping to see Rin and Kyousuke meet their eyes when Kyousuke spills out the idea and without sound, Rin would just leave instantly without even entering the room, which for Kyosuke's despair is too much for him, and falls down like it was in the VN, though the scene in the anime wasn't bad either, but could have been better. Also that Scream by Munch reference on Masato's face was glorious.

Oct 13, 2013 3:17 AM
Oct 2013
I don't think that Riki is in love with Kurugaya... He says something like "I was watching at the pretty Kurugaya but I couldn't say a word", it doesn't mean he wants to tell her he was in love with her. The question was "are you in love". The answer could be: "yes but in love with Rin", it could also be an expanation to "I could'nt say a word".

Riki just doesn't know how to deal with Kurugaya... Even if he isn't in love with her he is embarassed with her declaration and behaviour.
Oct 13, 2013 3:23 AM

Sep 2013
stinky57 said:
I don't think that Riki is in love with Kurugaya... He says something like "I was watching at the pretty Kurugaya but I couldn't say a word", it doesn't mean he wants to tell her he was in love with her. The question was "are you in love". The answer could be: "yes but in love with Rin", it could also be an expanation to "I could'nt say a word".

Riki just doesn't know how to deal with Kurugaya... Even if he isn't in love with her he is embarassed with her declaration and behaviour.

And also the fact that he was forced by Kyousuke and the gang. He has feelings for Rin more then Kurugaya, and you can clearly see that in this episode.
Oct 13, 2013 3:26 AM

Sep 2011
DeathDoUsPart said:

And also the fact that he was forced by Kyousuke and the gang. He has feelings for Rin more then Kurugaya, and you can clearly see that in this episode.

>He has feelings for Rin more.

If you say that here, people will think this is not a Kurugaya arc but just a mere episode that is all about Rin vs Kurugaya. Maybe they will still say this is Kurugaya's arc but Rin is the huge interloper of this arc.

Oct 13, 2013 3:29 AM

Sep 2013
Tennouji_ said:
DeathDoUsPart said:

>He has feelings for Rin more.

If you say that here, people will think this is not a Kurugaya arc but just a mere episode that is all about Rin vs Kurugaya. Maybe they will still say this is Kurugaya's arc but Rin is the huge interloper of the relationship.

Yea, but idk, JC Staff changed a lot of things prior to Kurugaya route.. Basically to me it doesent even feel as if its her route fully. I would've never expected them to add the extra added scene's to the route.
Oct 13, 2013 3:37 AM

Aug 2010
JC Staff you talentless hacks and butchers. Way to mess up Kurugaya's route. It's so frustrating to see what they are doing...
Oct 13, 2013 4:15 AM

Jan 2013
SetsukoHara said:
Naoki-Saten said:

How come there are people who have no idea, yet always feel like the world should hear their opinion, no matter how stupid their so-called 'contribution' is?

Then you better follow your own advice, cause I don't know what this post brings to this discussion. Stop being a butthurt and stop insulting people's opinion just because they are different from yours.

I've seen dozens of your kind. Dozens of times have I led a proper discussion and never once did those people even consider playing by the rules or admit even a single mistake in their own reasoning. Never once did they use proper arguments. Didn't you notice that out of the many people posting in this thread, barely anyone even bothers refuting your words? It's cause they already know it's a waste of time.

Seeing how you ignorantly assume to be a victim, I'll be happy to prove you wrong, even though I know I'm wasting my time like many times before.

SetsukoHara said:
I don't know what they are trying to do with this romance, it feels forced as hell.

This is an adaption of a galge, a romantic Visual Novel, yet you say the romance is 'forced'? Just like action is 'forced' in an action thriller and comedy is 'forced' in a comedy show?
You didn't know it's a romantic Visual Novel adaption, yet you talk like you know everything about the source material, which makes you look stupid. That's exacly what I meant by people who have 'no idea', yet always have an opinion.
And since you've actually been around for a while now, you should know that J.C. is rushing the series, just like they did in season 1. They have to rush it unless they double the amout of episodes. It's old news. Everyone knows that. Yet you still call it 'forced as hell'? That's one heck of an overstatement.

SetsukoHara said:
I also really disliked the moment when the group is reunited like that

That point has already been refuted, yet you answered with your 'opinion' instead of solid arguments. What a contribution...

SetsukoHara said:
cause it's just a succession of unfunny jokes that are quite embarrassing.

Humor purely depends on taste. Just cause you can't laugh about certain jokes doesn't mean they're bad. Tastes can't be argued about.
If you, however, still insist on evaluating tastes, then the joke's on you. After all, pretty much everyone here would agree that your taste is quite obnoxious just by looking at your avatar.

SetsukoHara said:
I'm watching this show just to see where this Refrain hype is coming from.

Yet you seem to be rather badly informed and all you say is purely based on your subjective opinion. Also, 'just watching' does not include harrassing people on forums, which is why I'm questioning your motives.
Oct 13, 2013 4:51 AM

Jul 2013
►That jealous Rin.. :-) ♫♫♫♫
►Romance is finally starting..◄
"Google is your friend.."
Oct 13, 2013 5:01 AM

Nov 2009
Mogami-kun said:
JC Staff you talentless hacks and butchers. Way to mess up Kurugaya's route. It's so frustrating to see what they are doing...

lol whut? it's true that it's pretty rushed, but it isn't the bad kind of rush
arc looks fine to me... unless your talking about the sudden romance
Oct 13, 2013 6:51 AM

Sep 2013
Can anyone make a gif where when kyousuke asks Riki who he loves and then Riki looks at Rin, and she's like "hmm" xD, found that scene to be cute.

Does anyone knw also when will they put the Episode 3 information up on there website? I think Episode 2 info came up on monday.. not to sure..
Oct 13, 2013 7:03 AM

Sep 2011
^ You should better ask that to the animesuki forums but of course you should need to register there first. There's a thread on LB subforum about GIF request. Well, there are some people here who'll voluntarily do your request but it's easier and faster in animesuki.

Oct 13, 2013 7:47 AM

Mar 2013
NOW KISS
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Oct 13, 2013 8:56 AM

Jan 2012
Kurugaya is so lovely ^-^
Oct 13, 2013 9:25 AM

Aug 2013
Either way, I found Kurugaya x riki and rin x riki rushed XD
Oct 13, 2013 9:33 AM

Sep 2012
I'm waiting for dat finale to hopefully add the much needed characterization I loved for Kurugaya (and Riki) from the VN.
Oct 13, 2013 9:36 AM

Feb 2013
Vladz0r said:
I'm waiting for dat finale to hopefully add the much needed characterization I loved for Kurugaya (and Riki) from the VN.

We can always hope that is what will happen next week.
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- G-senjou no Maou
- Rewrite
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Oct 13, 2013 9:38 AM

Sep 2013
Anyone know when will they bring the episode 3 information on their website? like they did with episode 2 with screenshots and a little summary of the episode.
Oct 13, 2013 9:48 AM

Aug 2011
it was either tues/wednesday
TL & founder of Refrain Subs.
Oct 13, 2013 10:13 AM
Oct 2012
Their relationship doesn't seem forced to me, if time is repeating then they have been togheter for a long time doing romantic things. In chapter one flashbacks showed that they have been togheter in a romantic way. So I think that she really loves Kurugaya maybe (at the moment) more than Rin.

But this is key and this is not going to end up well. Rin will end up with Riki, or maybe not, it's not really important.
Oct 13, 2013 10:16 AM
Jul 2009
WTF IS GOING ON D:
WHY WAS THE DAY ERASED :( It was such a beautiful day.

Edit: Is he going to be trapped on this day until he finds out his true feelings? D:
LlghtOct 13, 2013 1:04 PM
Oct 13, 2013 10:17 AM

Sep 2012
Llght said:
WTF IS GOING ON D:

Edit: Is he going to be trapped on this day until he finds our his true feelings? D:

It's just KEY stepping on our hopes and dreams, as usual. ;_;
Oct 13, 2013 10:31 AM

Sep 2013
Llght said:
WTF IS GOING ON D:

Edit: Is he going to be trapped on this day until he finds our his true feelings? D:

No, he's stuck on that day for another Reason, not cause of his feelings/emotions. ull understand the "secret of the world" soon enough :)

Also, Yes Riki and Kurugaya mightve been dating before the time loop started taking place. But we will only know that in episode 3 :)
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2013

539 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 16, 10:28 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Vladz0r - Dec 21, 2013

372 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 16, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

352 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 16, 9:30 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2013

230 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 16, 8:46 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2013

186 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 16, 8:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.