Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (25) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jun 23, 2013 7:28 AM
Jul 2018
sasukefan38 said:

2. If you already have a job and still cant afford $50, then get a better job.

I wish I live in a country you live in. I imagine you have people chasing you on the streets and offering you high wage jobs.
removed-userJun 23, 2013 7:37 AM
Jun 23, 2013 7:33 AM

May 2013
LEGOF said:
Crunchyroll and Funimation have limited selections.

Morals? That's a joke argument. Even religious arguments which are heavily based on morals hardly hold any ground.

Buying the DVDs is fine. I don't mind doing that. Still, it's a tall order to convince someone to pay for something they can get free.

Illegal? Yes. Downloading music is illegal, yet music artists are thriving nowadays. Why? Piracy is another medium of advertising.

I respect this guy's opinion and his points; he doesn't try to force us to stop pirating. He can enjoy paying and supporting these companies while I continue enjoying my anime for free.

You pretty much think the same as me then. While you pirate anime like me, you still respect Tristan's decision and his reasons as to why he pays.

Gotta say, I respect you bro. You seem to have a clear understanding of both sides :)
Jun 23, 2013 7:56 AM

May 2013
If a show is available to watch it free legally watch it legally. If its not then just watch it however you want. Like im watching LoGH right now its impossible to get legal. But Attack on Titan is really easy to watch legal so I watch it legally.
dtshyk said:
Urobuchi said this anime(Psycho Pass) has cruel scenes both physically and mentally.

ZettaiRyouiki:
In other news, the sun rises from the East.
Jun 23, 2013 10:32 AM

Aug 2012
Hades_III said:
sasukefan38 said:

I wish I live in a country you live in. I imagine you have people chasing you on the streets and offering you high wage jobs.

Nah i'm just not lazy.
Jun 23, 2013 10:37 AM
Jul 2018
sasukefan38 said:
Hades_III said:
sasukefan38 said:

Nah i'm just not lazy.

You as a 16-17 years old kid have a great working experience I see.
Jun 23, 2013 10:42 AM

Aug 2012
Orsonius said:
sasukefan38 said:

If you cant afford $50 (no matter what age) then:
1. you should be spending less time watching anime and more time looking for a job.
3. If have a good job and still don't wish to pay, then you are just being lazy.

If you are under age then why are you trying to BUY anime in the first place? Just watch it for free via streaming or on tv and be happy. And if your parents don't allow buying anime ( or whatever) then grow up, move out, and then buy what you want. Simple...

If you are underaged you can't work...
At least 14,15 year old kids are not allowed to work where I live.

They literally just have the money their parents give them.

If you are under age then why are you trying to BUY anime in the first place? Just watch it for free via streaming or on tv and be happy. And if your parents don't allow buying anime ( or whatever) then grow up, move out, and then buy what you want. Simple...

Says the 17 year old...

Also you cannot "grow up and move out".
That happens over time. You cannot actively grow up...

Yeah says the 17 year old who apparently the only one who has a decent job, makes good money, and can afford simple things you call" expensive". Also where I live you can get a job as easily at the age of 14.
Jun 23, 2013 10:49 AM
Jul 2018
sasukefan38 said:
Yeah says the 17 year old who apparently the only one who has a decent job, makes good money, and can afford simple things you call" expensive". Also where I live you can get a job as easily at the age of 14.

You don't realize that where you live != rest of the world. Where I live I know families with small kids that survive on 250$ a month. Things that are cheap for you are not for everyone else. Count your blessings and don't be a douche.
removed-userJun 23, 2013 10:53 AM
Jun 23, 2013 10:50 AM

Aug 2012
rederoin said:
sasukefan38 said:

Maybe you're to young to understand this, but that is not as easy as you think it is(not to mention that ongoing anime is far more expensive).

Compare anime prices back from what they were about 9 years ago to what they are now and then tell anime is expensive. Sorry but I just died laughing at this comment in particular. Maybe certain anime ( like madoka magica) can be expensive but majority of anime today is quite affordable.
Jun 23, 2013 11:42 AM

Nov 2011
sasukefan38 said:

How much do you know about the 'real world'? You know, where you have to pay for rent, internet, food, gas, internet, electricity etc..

sasukefan38 said:
rederoin said:
sasukefan38 said:

Maybe you're to young to understand this, but that is not as easy as you think it is(not to mention that ongoing anime is far more expensive).

Compare anime prices back from what they were about 9 years ago to what they are now and then tell anime is expensive. Sorry but I just died laughing at this comment in particular. Maybe certain anime ( like madoka magica) can be expensive but majority of anime today is quite affordable.

The price for the BD's of an airing series is between 200 and 250 euro's.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Jun 23, 2013 11:42 AM

Mar 2013
sasukefan38 said:
rederoin said:
sasukefan38 said:

Well so I guess you're a lucky man. Ofcourse its good to support the industry. But you gotta know most of anime fans are teenagers or student. Yes some of the anime nowadays are cheap. But we wouldnt just watch a series in a long while right? We would obvious need to spend ALOT. Not just a $50 for a series, but multiple.

So you saying anime nowadays is cheap and affordable is not valid imo. :P
and cant blame ppl for having the mentality, "if its free, why spend?"
Jun 23, 2013 11:44 AM

Jun 2008
I'm broke....furthermore, if I can't watch anime for free, then I'm not watching, it's just that simple.

That's my reason.
Jun 23, 2013 11:49 AM

Jun 2008
mitch3315 said:
Tell him to get back to me when:

1. Crunchyroll stream all airing series
2. When Crunchyroll stop region locking content

Also....when Crunchyroll adds the ATX uncensored episodes for ecchi anime.

If I'm going to watch ecchi, I want to see it uncensored.

I fucking hate bright lights and shadows.
Jun 23, 2013 11:55 AM

May 2013
I are poor so of course I have to watch anime free on the internet.
Jun 23, 2013 12:01 PM
Feb 2012
JustALEX said:

Also....when Crunchyroll adds the ATX uncensored episodes for ecchi anime.

If I'm going to watch ecchi, I want to see it uncensored.

I fucking hate bright lights and shadows.

As much as I want this too, you have to realize that IT'S SHOWN TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC. Of course they have to censor some nudity so that it'll be appropriate for those that don't feel comfortable looking at! (... looks at Hulu, notices Uncensored Tench Muyo) ... I don't what else to say about Crunchyroll's policies on providing their content.
... wait, didn't Japan make a new policy on having mandatory censorship after a certain year recently?

If a show is available to watch it free legally watch it legally. If its not then just watch it however you want. Like im watching LoGH right now its impossible to get legal. But Attack on Titan is really easy to watch legal so I watch it legally.

Lately, Funimation's one of the stricter companies that wants people to watch whatever they distribute legally rather than torrenting (which, to be honest, doesn't fully get rid of it. It just decreases.), so I'm guessing that's probably why they've immediately got Attack of Titan.
... Some company right now has got to get the rights to distribute shows from Bandai Entertainment such as Cowboy Bebop, Gundam Wing and Eureka Seven (2 of those shows are on Toonami right now, but they need to be shown on Hulu Plus or Netflix to those that mainly use the internet), 'cause those need to be shown legally (that, and provide more affordable DVD/Blu-ray releases... 'cause Cowboy Bebop recently got a HD Blu-ray release recently {only in Japanese} and here, the not-remastered DVD is hard to get. ... Someone get their act together!)
filmftw1Jun 23, 2013 12:20 PM
Jun 23, 2013 12:11 PM
Dec 2007
It's sad that people here in the US would go to illegal streaming and downloading when there are PLENTY of legal sources here.there should be no exuse for anyone to download or stream anime illegally here.it's real shame.
Jun 23, 2013 12:11 PM

Jun 2008
BTW....I did watch the video, and the guy on the video seems like he really genuinely does care about anime and this industry.

He brings up many good and valid reasons but...

Unfortunately, it's going to fall on deaf ears for the majority of fans, we want to see anime for free, we don't want to wait forever, we want to see it uncensored, and furthermore some of us want to keep the video file.

And that's why we torrent and download.
Jun 23, 2013 12:15 PM

Apr 2011
JustALEX said:
BTW....I did watch the video, and the guy on the video seems like he really genuinely does care about anime and this industry.

He brings up many good and valid reasons but...

Unfortunately, it's going to fall on deaf ears for the majority of fans, we want to see anime for free, we don't want to wait forever, we want to see it uncensored, and furthermore some of us want to keep the video file.

He does have some valid points, but he's being quite oppressive and preachy about it, if we're talking about his point of view of which I reacted on the most.
Jun 23, 2013 12:26 PM

Jul 2010
Me personally don't see the big deal with us fans watching anime off illegal streaming or downloading sites it's still promoting anime and when said anime eventually gets licensed if it was any good the numbers will show in the sales plus most of the legal sites that stream anime you have to pay to watch and most fan can't afford that.
Jun 23, 2013 12:28 PM
Feb 2012
JustALEX said:

Guess what? So does DVD! We would keep the DVD and play it offline, and they would be uncensored if provided. Ever heard of the saying "good things come to those who wait?" So that argument would not be fully on torrenting. 'Course it costs money, but depending on how much you're paying for it (best to wait till there's a sale), in the long run, it's better than holding onto video files on your computer. What happens if your hard drive or back-up drive crashes? Uh-oh! All that hard work on getting those files from torrenting! (... okay, that happened to me once.) With DVD, nothing happens to them... unless you do something accidental or idiotic to them. So yes, supporting the official release (mainly physical copies) does have better benefits.
... wait, what's that? People can store the anime content downloaded online onto burned DVD's? ... Bullsh*t! Why can't everyone do the right thing?!
filmftw1Jun 23, 2013 12:37 PM
Jun 23, 2013 12:45 PM

Jul 2012
filmftw1 said:
JustALEX said:

Guess what? So does DVD! We would keep the DVD and play it offline, and they would be uncensored if provided. Ever heard of the saying "good things come to those who wait?" So that argument would not be fully on torrenting. 'Course it costs money, but depending on how much you're paying for it (best to wait till there's a sale), in the long run, it's better than holding onto video files on your computer. What happens if your hard drive or back-up drive crashes? Uh-oh! All that hard work on getting those files from torrenting! (... okay, that happened to me once.) With DVD, nothing happens to them... unless you do something accidental or idiotic to them. So yes, supporting the official release (mainly physical copies) does have better benefits.
... wait, what's that? People can store the anime content downloaded online onto burned DVD's? ... Bullsh*t! Why can't everyone do the right thing?!

I agree DVD & bluRay is partially as good as Torrents.

The only problem is:

Buying it takes time (either shipping or actually leaving your house)
Not everything can be bought, or shipped or if shipped becomes retardedly expensive.
You need a player for the dvd/bluray. As a digital file you download it and play it, while as a physical copy it has many downsides.

The reason I dont buy cds anymore is, I think Mp3s are more handy. I download and click and play.
as a cd, i have to buy it, which takes time, put it into a cd player and play it, or copy the tracks onto my pc.
And of course money itself.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Jun 23, 2013 5:23 PM
Dec 2007
filmftw1 said:
JustALEX said:

I agree with everything you said 100%.if there's one thing people don't have,it's patience.it's like they get killed if they can't wait,they'll die if they don't see anime immediately.
Jun 23, 2013 5:28 PM
Dec 2007
dachou said:
Me personally don't see the big deal with us fans watching anime off illegal streaming or downloading sites it's still promoting anime and when said anime eventually gets licensed if it was any good the numbers will show in the sales plus most of the legal sites that stream anime you have to pay to watch and most fan can't afford that.

It's promoting anime the wrong way,and legal sites aren't expensive at all.
Jun 23, 2013 6:10 PM

May 2012
Find me a legal streaming website that has almost every single anime that you can stream in HD, then i won't mind even paying 10$ or even 15$ monthly.
Jun 23, 2013 6:17 PM

Aug 2012
pufss said:
Find me a legal streaming website that has almost every single anime that you can stream in HD, then i won't mind even paying 10$ or even 15$ monthly.
Well, if you live in the US, that would be Crunchyroll and FUNimation (as Arkada stated in his video). I don't think every anime is in HD though, because some of the ones they have are old. Now, as to whether or not they have the series you want, that's a different story.

If you're a subtitle watcher, look no further. The vast majority of their subbed anime are completely free (standard quality with ads). If you're a dub watcher, FUNimation and Anime Network are the ones to go to. You have to pay to see them, though.
gamer2710Jun 23, 2013 6:20 PM
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Jun 23, 2013 6:27 PM
Feb 2012
gamer2710 said:
pufss said:
Well, if you live in the US, that would be Crunchyroll and FUNimation (as Arkada stated in his video). I don't think every anime is in HD though, because some of the ones they have are old. Now, as to whether or not they have the series you want, that's a different story.

If you're a subtitle watcher, look no further. The vast majority of their subbed anime are completely free (standard quality with ads). If you're a dub watcher, FUNimation and Anime Network are the ones to go to. You have to pay to see them, though.

I think the user was referring to ALL anime, not just the ones you may be referring to. I believe that includes those that no longer own the rights here in America (such as Cowboy Bebop and Outlaw Star). Sad thing is, some of the best shows are hard to find legally. ... all thanks to contracts, legal rights, who distributes it, how they distribute, etc.
Jun 23, 2013 6:36 PM

Aug 2012
filmftw1 said:
gamer2710 said:
pufss said:

I think the user was referring to ALL anime, not just the ones you may be referring to. I believe that includes those that no longer own the rights here in America (such as Cowboy Bebop and Outlaw Star). Sad thing is, some of the best shows are hard to find legally. ... all thanks to contracts, legal rights, who distributes it, how they distribute, etc.
Fuck, well if he wants Cowboy Bebop or Code Geass, he's screwed unless he's got money coming out of his ass. Sorry. :|
Jun 23, 2013 6:55 PM

Oct 2012
sasukefan38 said:
Compare anime prices back from what they were about 9 years ago to what they are now and then tell anime is expensive.
Compare car prices from what they were about 100 years ago to what they are now and then tell me a Ferrari is expensive. Sorry, but I just died laughing at your hypocrisy.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jun 23, 2013 7:06 PM

Oct 2012
Orsonius said:
katsucats said:
Let's do an experiment: You go on to your favorite torrent site. Click download. Go into your Torrent application and select all the packets to prioritize downloading in chronological order. Then wait a while for it to download the necessary parts before you start streaming. Meanwhile, I go on to my streaming site, click "Anime List". Find the show I want to watch. Watch a 30 second ad (or in many cases, no ad due to Ad Blocker). Which one's faster?
Depending on what I watch it takes from 1min to 10min to download an episode.
Mostly downloading a 300mb file takes not more than 5 min for me.
Downloading an entire series can range from 1-3h or more if it's really big.

What I do is, download an episode. ~5min
Watch the episode, meanwhile download a couple more and an entire series.
After 20 min I watched the first episode all other episode have been downloaded, and 20% of the series.
I continue to watch the rest.
The series is now done.
I can proceed to watch the series, and continue to download even more.
People usually don't count into the time it takes to find a proper torrent -- in other words, the time in between when you open a new browser tab to before the download initiates. There's a few more minutes. And by the time you're finished doing that, I'm somewhere half-way through my first episode to being at the end credits. And I know whether I'd want to continue before I have 1+ GB of crap on my hard drive that I might want to delete.

The argument that it's hard to find a site with all the older series is invalidated by Google. Typing in "hokuto no ken episode 1" into Google gives me 5+ results out of maybe dozens of sites, and I'm off to the races in less than 1 minute -- and that's including the potential 20-30 second ad.

Really, quality is the only real reason for anyone to download besides hipster-ism. The question is how much quality do you need on a 19" monitor? If you have a larger monitor, then perhaps it's more important, but most streams occupy the space of "good enough".I am not pixel peeping when I watch anime. Most anime aren't that visually interesting anyways. When I need quality, I buy a blu-ray or download archive quality BD-Rips. I find no point in downloading a DVD-quality rip off the TV with the broadcast logo in the name of "quality". I'll take my 320p stream.
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jun 23, 2013 7:30 PM

Jun 2012
Download I would never Stream before you buy, my life motto.
Jun 23, 2013 7:38 PM
Sep 2010
pufss said:
Try animeftw.tv
Jun 23, 2013 7:41 PM
Sep 2010
Lol everybody into torrents, I still stream in Hd.
Jun 23, 2013 7:48 PM

May 2010
i'll stop when uploader stops.
Jun 23, 2013 7:57 PM

Jan 2013
It's funny because I'm actually more willing to spend money on anime that I've previously downloaded. I'm not going to just walk into some store and buy a $70+ DVD set of a series I've never seen before.
Jun 23, 2013 8:10 PM

May 2013
It's just being dumb if you pay for something you could get for free

I've never payed for any of the anime or manga I've watched and read since they're available to me for free ( I live in Australia)
Jun 23, 2013 8:10 PM

Aug 2008
KillHokageHaters said:
Lol everybody into torrents, I still stream in Hd.
Even if what you were saying was reasonable, I couldn't take you seriously because of your set and your username.

Anyway, it's really a matter of personal preference.
katsucats said:
Really, quality is the only real reason for anyone to download besides hipster-ism. The question is how much quality do you need on a 19" monitor? If you have a larger monitor, then perhaps it's more important, but most streams occupy the space of "good enough".I am not pixel peeping when I watch anime. Most anime aren't that visually interesting anyways. When I need quality, I buy a blu-ray or download archive quality BD-Rips. I find no point in downloading a DVD-quality rip off the TV with the broadcast logo in the name of "quality". I'll take my 320p stream.
As someone who doesn't really fit in this discussion; I have quality equipment, and I never have an immediate need to watch anime. If there's something that interests me, it may be a week before it's all queued up because of poor seeding, but I just don't care.

Quality matters to me because I have the ability to take advantage of it, and the technical know-how to appreciate it. There's no reason for me to go back to streaming, ever, and I won't miss it.

Unrelated note: I'm not going to say anything about using Google to search for downloads other than that it's idiotic at best. If you know what you're doing, Google would never be involved.
DeseradaJun 23, 2013 8:14 PM
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.
Jun 23, 2013 9:02 PM
Dec 2007
KillHokageHaters said:
pufss said:
Try

I would not recommend that,Hulu.com would be a good site,crunchyroll is a another one.
Jun 23, 2013 9:06 PM

Oct 2012
Deserada said:
Unrelated note: I'm not going to say anything about using Google to search for downloads other than that it's idiotic at best. If you know what you're doing, Google would never be involved.
Okay, so let me name a random obscure anime: Ginga Legend Weed. Now tell me how someone in the know would go about finding it that's faster than typing in "Ginga Weed episode 1" in Google? Using tools when they are available -- how idiotic is that?! (hipsters, smh)

Deserada said:
Quality matters to me because I have the ability to take advantage of it, and the technical know-how to appreciate it.
So... if this is another one of those subconscious digs at streamers, this assumption that because you download you are more cultured as a person or something, let me present that perspective to you until you disagree with your own logic.

1. Your computer has the capability to play lossless audio. Most anime encodes are in AAC lossy. Quality matters to you because you have the ability to take advantage of it; why not download the highest quality available?

2. All anime encodes are more compressed versions of the original source. When bit-rate is lost, data is lost, and any additional compression on top of the original compression means greater loss no matter how efficient the codec. Quality matters to you because you have the ability to take advantage of it; why not import the Blu-rays from Japan?

3. All MP3s are lossy and eliminate all high-frequency content above somewhere between 15kHz-19kHz with a low-pass filter, including harmonic content that give properly recorded audio dimensionality. Why not download all your music in FLAC? In fact, analog to digital conversion limits sampling frequency inherently. Quality matters to you because you have the ability to take advantage of it; why not buy MFSL records?

4. Hard-covered books printed on acid-free paper are much more durable, usually include a dust-jacket, and last much longer. You have the ability to take advantage of it; why even own soft-cover books?

Or do you not have the technical knowhow to appreciate these...?

We can go on and on and on... The idea, if that's what you were presenting, that streamers don't have the technical knowhow to appreciate higher quality, therefore they don't take advantage of it despite having the ability, is patently ridiculous.

Of course if you were just stating your own preference, then I have no qualms in that regard!
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jun 23, 2013 9:17 PM

Oct 2012
UnexpectedOtaku said:

Or you know, someone might want to support the industry to keep the shows coming. That doesn't sound dumb to me.

Jun 23, 2013 9:18 PM

Aug 2012
UnexpectedOtaku said:
It's only dumb if said free alternative turns out to be illegal. At least you can make some direct contribution with "legal free" (through ads most likely), but no such contribution takes place with "illegal free."

It's dumb because you'd be throwing away the easiest method of contributing with illegal methods.
Jun 24, 2013 1:10 AM

Jul 2012
katsucats said:

People usually don't count into the time it takes to find a proper torrent -- in other words, the time in between when you open a new browser tab to before the download initiates. There's a few more minutes. And by the time you're finished doing that, I'm somewhere half-way through my first episode to being at the end credits.

uhm... no.
I click nyaa.
click subs.
enter the name of the anime I want.
order after most downloads or size.
Download.
Takes less than 1min.

Or not more than going to any streaming website.

And I know whether I'd want to continue before I have 1+ GB of crap on my hard drive that I might want to delete.

I just delete a show if I think it is bad. It's not like it bothers me to download a full series and then drop and delete it.

The argument that it's hard to find a site with all the older series is invalidated by Google. Typing in "hokuto no ken episode 1" into Google gives me 5+ results out of maybe dozens of sites, and I'm off to the races in less than 1 minute -- and that's including the potential 20-30 second ad.

Depends on how famous that series is.
Some shows are also taken down by DMCA complaints.
You have no Idea how often I was looking for an episode because all episodes were taken down.

Or what about ecchi, it's hard(er) to find those uncensored. I for example coudln't find Kodomo no Jikan uncensored.

720p or 1080p
Also sound has to be crisp. I hate it when everything sounds like 240p youtube video sound.
I also download BD rips but airing shows like AoT or back then SAO I rather watched with high quality because they look pretty decent.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Jun 24, 2013 7:23 AM

Nov 2011
On the whole torrenting/DDL issue vs. streams issue.
While I don't care whether somebody streams or torrents(its a preference).

But, for airing shows, torrents/DDL tends to be up before the streams(aside from sites like CR). For example, yesterday Nerawareta Gakuen got subbed, it was not on any stream sites yet. But I was be-able to download it within 5mins. How long do you think those who only stream have to wait?

katsucats said:

Really, quality is the only real reason for anyone to download..

Actually, it is for a lot of people. For anime like Nerawareta Gakuen and Redline, you really want to get the highest quality your monitor can handle.

Knowing who subbed the episode is also important(unless you fully understand Japanese).
Not to mention that if you torrent anime, You know you can get the large majority of subbed anime from Nyaa(airing) or bakabt. No need to ever use google.

^Those are the reasons people torrent.

And I don't see what hipster-ism has to do with this, do you just want to feel superior to those who download/torrent, because it sure sounds like it. Because you seem to be so hellbent on proving streams are better. Even when you admit the quality is lower(aside from HD streams like CR).

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Jun 25, 2013 3:23 PM
Sep 2010
If your looking for a free HD alternative to crunchyroll , animeftw.tv is the place to be for streaming.
Jun 25, 2013 7:43 PM
Dec 2007
KillHokageHaters said:
If your looking for a free HD alternative to crunchyroll , is the place to be for streaming.

Here are BETTER sites that you could be recommending instead of those illegal sites that don't contribute to the anime industry:

http://www.funimation.com/
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/
http://www.crunchyroll.com/
http://www.hulu.com/
http://www.crackle.com/
http://www.theanimenetwork.com/
https://www.daisuki.net/
http://animesols.com/
Jun 26, 2013 1:02 AM

Nov 2012
Or Ditch streaming completely and Torrent!

CR is horrible regardless...
"Live as if you were to die tomorrow, learn as if you were to live forever."
"Anon is legitimately retarded so you shouldn't be too proud of yourself." -Enema
Jun 26, 2013 1:07 AM

Feb 2013
I never watch it streamed, I download them in hd and put them on my faithful 2tb WD disc when I finish it :d
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 26, 2013 1:13 AM

Nov 2012
See? All the cool kids are doing it!
"Anon is legitimately retarded so you shouldn't be too proud of yourself." -Enema
Jun 26, 2013 2:19 AM

May 2012
I stream because I am computer illiterate and cannot for the life of me figure out torrenting.

Streaming:
Go to streaming site > Search for series > Click episode > Click play.

Torrenting: (Using an actual example that happened to me this morning when I tried to download Macross Frontier)
Go to torrenting site > Search for series > Try to figure out which of the dozens of links is the right one > Wtf is a seeder? > Click download > Wtf is it doing now > Oh it's starting > Boxes pop up asking me questions I don't understand > Click > Oh it's starting > Finished > Click episode video > "Windows cannot play this video" > Why not > Maybe it's not finished? > Click > Now what is it doing? > Browser says file will take five hours to finish downloading > Still not sure if I'm doing it right > Fuck it.
Jun 26, 2013 2:29 AM

Nov 2012
Step 1:Get software(I recommend utorrent)
Step 2:Go to thepiratebay(or fansub group)
Step 3:Select torrents that fits what you want(for example, a batch of clannad)
Step 4:The more seeders the better
Step5:DL the torrent file(or use magnet link)
Step 6:Execute torrent file
Step 7:wait
Step 8:Watch

For the fansub group's route:

2:go to fansub group's website
3:select torrent that fits criteria
4:DL torrent file
5:Execute
6:wait for utorrent to say 100%
7:watch
Jun 26, 2013 2:42 AM

Feb 2013
afonsanho said:
Step 1:Get software(I recommend utorrent)
Step 2:Go to thepiratebay(or fansub group)
Step 3:Select torrents that fits what you want(for example, a batch of clannad)
Step 4:The more seeders the better
Step5:DL the torrent file(or use magnet link)
Step 6:Execute torrent file
Step 7:wait
Step 8:Watch

For the fansub group's route:

2:go to fansub group's website
3:select torrent that fits criteria
4:DL torrent file
5:Execute
6:wait for utorrent to say 100%
7:watch

Boom, it's that simple.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 26, 2013 2:49 AM

Feb 2013
Arr, life of a pirate for me. But sometimes I actually find myself wanting to buy a series, simply because there aren't any good torrents.
Pages (25) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What's an anime you like but would probably never try to show someone to get them into anime?

MeanMrMusician - 1 hour ago

6 by Rhae »»
1 minute ago

» What is the best anime cheering ever?

SgtBateMan - 1 hour ago

3 by Azuchi »»
14 minutes ago

Poll: » Would/Do you go to Anime Conventions?

Dragevard - Oct 15, 2021

46 by Zarutaku »»
31 minutes ago

Poll: » Would you sacrifice the rest of your life if you could spend one year with your favorite character?

Shizuna - Yesterday

29 by traed »»
39 minutes ago

» Have you ever considered picking up drawing anime as a hobby?

Anjuro - Yesterday

40 by Dumb »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.