Forum Settings
Forums

Would you kill yourself when your favorite anime/manga character dies?

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Nov 4, 2012 12:07 PM

Jun 2012
Karpman said:
Chamry said:
the end ._.

Do elaborate.

I meant while I'm still living. Not talking about the (fake) end of the world stuff in December :P
Nov 4, 2012 12:24 PM

Sep 2010
ezikialrage said:

We got people in shit hole war torn 3rd world countries who suffered through all kinds of atrocities, people with stage 4 cancer and other terminal diseases, people with life sentences in prison, people with most of their limbs lost, starving people in dirt poor 3rd world countries and all sorts of other people with what many would consider actual legitimate reasons to commit suicide and yet they hang onto their lives and try living. But some loser in Russia decided to throw his life away because a fictional character dies in a cartoon/comic book. Life is a gift, it shouldn't be thrown away over some stupid shit,especially stupid shit that isn't real. I don't buy the depression excuse, its another one of those fake diseases like obesity that only affect wealthy or well to do nations.
I think many suicidal idiots should get some perspective. Maybe stick them in some shit hole 3rd world war torn county for a few weeks, have them visit a cancer clinic and meet all the people who are trying get their cancer treated.

"Psychiatrists and health experts in Russia blame alcohol abuse, domestic violence, rigid rules and high expectations from parents."

Read that. Educated people blame those issues on the suicide problem in Russia. Is domestic violence a fake disease too? Here's a little tough fact for you, an individual's personal problems, no matter how microscopic in the big picture, affects them far more than some blurbs or pictures of starving children or amputees. Why? Because we are individuals that value self above others in most cases.

Anyone with two working braincells knows that kid didn't kill himself simply because of anime. The underlying issues with his inability to separate reality from fiction and other mental illnesses are the real why he did.

Nov 4, 2012 1:51 PM

Jul 2012
The thread title made me choke on my water from laughter.
Nov 4, 2012 2:38 PM

Jun 2012
ihateeveryone said:
The thread title made me choke on my water from laughter.

Well atleast one person is honest.
>.> I kinda laughed too...
Nov 4, 2012 2:45 PM

Sep 2012
Would you kill yourself when your favorite anime/manga character dies?

yes. yes i would

i've killed myself a couple of times already but thankfully I have nine lives
Nov 4, 2012 3:13 PM

Apr 2012
Naruto has characters?
Naruto characters die?

I feel bad for the kid. He died for shitty fillers. Nonetheless, he either has problems or is retarded.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Nov 4, 2012 5:25 PM

Aug 2011
That guy must've have been a hardcore Itachi fan. Still a very stupid reason to commit suicide... =/
Nov 5, 2012 6:58 AM
Feb 2012
<Hardcore Narutard> Gaara died nooooooooo
<Hardcore Narutard> *wrists*
Nov 5, 2012 7:19 AM

Aug 2009
Anime_Name said:

"Psychiatrists and health experts in Russia blame alcohol abuse, domestic violence, rigid rules and high expectations from parents."

Read that. Educated people blame those issues on the suicide problem in Russia. Is domestic violence a fake disease too? Here's a little tough fact for you, an individual's personal problems, no matter how microscopic in the big picture, affects them far more than some blurbs or pictures of starving children or amputees. Why? Because we are individuals that value self above others in most cases.

Domestic violence is not a disease.Actual educated people know that domestic violence is not a disease.

Anyone with two working braincells knows that kid didn't kill himself simply because of anime. The underlying issues with his inability to separate reality from fiction and other mental illnesses are the real why he did.

He was a loser who was too attached to a comicbook/cartoon character.
Nov 5, 2012 7:31 AM
Nov 2012
None of my favorite characters will die, unless the producers, for some reason!-out of nowhere!- decides to make special episode to kill them off (since none of them are in on-going series). Now that would be just hilarious..
Nov 5, 2012 10:52 AM

Oct 2010
ezikialrage said:

He was a loser who was too attached to a comicbook/cartoon character.

No. Those who reach the point of suicide are people who needed psychological care, no matter which could be the reason. And we haven't even proved that the boy killed himself only because of the death of his favorite anime character. Which I think is pretty much bullshit. But even if this version of the story was revealed to be true, it would still be extremely tasteless to label this boy as an idiot or a loser. Things are not that simple in the world, and one needs to be in a terrible mental state to let this thing affect their life in such a radical way.
Nov 5, 2012 11:01 AM

Jun 2012
errmmm to those saying he died for a filler.... Completely wrong, there is no movie titled naruto hurricane chronicle... It's just the english name for Shippuden.

The kid was a narutard.. Just let him be. As an answer to the titles question... Fuck no. I wouldn't commit suicide if all 10 of my favorite Anime characters died. Oh yeah and Itachi died like 2 years ago... Just how far behind was this Narutard?

Sad story and all but.... Sucks to suck
OchimushaNov 5, 2012 11:06 AM
Nov 5, 2012 11:08 AM

Nov 2010
YorozuyaGinSan said:
errmmm to those saying he died for a filler.... Completely wrong, there is no movie titled naruto hurricane chronicle... It's just the english name for Shippuden.

The kid was a narutard.. Just let him be. As an answer to the titles question... Fuck no. I wouldn't commit suicide if all 10 of my favorite Anime characters died. Oh yeah and Itachi died like 2 years ago... Just how far behind was this Narutard?
I think it might have been about the new Naruto movie where they have some of the past characters who died come back as villians. Itachi is in the characters section. Still doesn't explain it completely though.
Nov 5, 2012 11:11 AM

Aug 2012
This kids blood is on Kishi's hands
كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
Nov 5, 2012 11:15 AM

Nov 2010
Goryo said:
This kids blood is on Kishi's hands
The ironic thing is he made the story about a boy who didn't fit in and was bullied just like he was in middle school. And who goes on to make something of himself and make friends. Maybe the kid should have identified more with Naruto.
Nov 5, 2012 11:52 AM

May 2012
I'd be sad, but heck, I wouldn't kill myself.
Nov 5, 2012 11:55 AM
Nov 2010
Just you wait until

gets animated

We will get hundred more of these news.
Nov 5, 2012 11:56 AM
Mar 2012
Z-flame said:
Just you wait until

gets animated

Pssh. That is nothing.
Nov 5, 2012 11:57 AM

Aug 2012
Z-flame said:
Just you wait until

gets animated

That guy's a douchebag
كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
Nov 5, 2012 12:12 PM

Dec 2011
Obviously no
Nov 5, 2012 12:40 PM

Mar 2011
Let's talk about tough statistics in Russia, rather than philosophical bullshit then. I'll throw some more info just to get the whole picture.
Recited directly from a documentary:

""As you know we live in the biggest coutry of the world. Few know that only 15% of said country is actually inhabitable. Permanent freezing, swamps, rivers, lakes, sometimes the floods are too much to control. A little more than Sudan, a little less than Khazakstan. The average annual cultivate of cereal products being 17 tons/acre, england/germany/france having ~70. Sweden 65, Ireland 85. 132 million inhabitants and yet 60% are the elderly, children and disabled and only 20 mil are actual men of proper age for labor. Of those 20 mil , 1 mil is in prison, 1 mil belong in the ministries of confrontation of emergy situations/internal affairs/protection , 4mil alcohol addicts, 1.5 mil drug addicts. 20 mil out 132 live in and arround Moscha and only 31% of those are actually russians. The lowest monthly payment is 4330 rubles (or 93 euros), preserving a prisoner actually costs 6800 rubles, I hope you get the metaphor (*trans note: meaning it's better to live in prison than with the minimal pay*). And for the sake of comparison: the level of poor for USA citisens is 18000 for 3-part families. In Russia there exist 160 modulatory authorites that show up in front of citisens and demand control, or..how to say it..bribes. Possibly you are aware of the fact that we(*the russians*) give 3 bil (dollars) to said authorities as bribes. In 2009 the damage caused by financial crimes surpassed 3 trillion rubles for the first time in history..almost 7.5 times that of 2008. In the first three months of 2009 the tasked officers of the ministry of internals commited over 18000 crimes. Judges found guilty only 20 generals while 1600 russian higher-ups of the military were actually under trial. Not to mention that 1.5 of the russian embassy control 50% of the whole national wealth. Who else doesn't know that the average Russian consumes 18 litres of alchool annually, that in 2008 50,000 people went missing, that 2mil children are abused annualy by their parents(age 14 under), while 50,000 of them run away from home just to escape the beating and the sexual harrassment of their parents. In Russia there exist over 2 mil of orphans. In the last 3 years sexual crimes against underage increased over 25 times. In 2007, 2,500 kids died. Every minute 5 die, 3 are born. 30% of these children are born outside of marriage. Just in Siberia , over the last 11 years, 11,000 villages and 290 cities were lost/abandoned/destroyed(*not sure about the trans here*). 26,000 die before they turn 7, 50 babies die everyday, 70% of them in their birthday, As for education..let's see..186 teachers were prosecuted in 2009. The sum of bribes in universities reached 520 mil (dollars). Over the last 35 years 40 mil have abandoned this country.""

Now please..try to push a shovel down my throat by speaking to me about countries in war. You speak of psychological diseases so easily only because you can't imagine that maybe..just maybe..there is a third side of reality beyond war-countries and your peacful beuatiful lives , where you automatically assume that depression is identical to the diseases of some rich spoiled cunt.
KanicNov 5, 2012 9:51 PM
"But don't cry my friends, we are all the same.Every one of us is a human with "H" capital...
and now we are two and one of us has to be shit."
-Mr.Freeman
Nov 5, 2012 12:40 PM

Jul 2011
Not if I were in any sort of sane state.
Nov 5, 2012 3:59 PM

Sep 2012
As rude as it is, this reminds me of that kid who wanted to "join his heroes" in the afterlife. You know, that kid who was over-addicted to World of Warcraft. I don't remember what part of Asia he was from.
Nov 5, 2012 4:45 PM

Jun 2012
That's a bit over the top, killing yourself over an anime character death.
But i'm sure anyone wouldn't be that emotionally moved by a characters death, that they would take there own life because of it.
Nov 5, 2012 4:59 PM

Jun 2012
Alcarran said:
As rude as it is, this reminds me of that kid who wanted to "join his heroes" in the afterlife. You know, that kid who was over-addicted to World of Warcraft. I don't remember what part of Asia he was from.

lol'd
Well some people just get way to into things.
but you don't even know how dank my memes are
Nov 5, 2012 6:56 PM

Mar 2008
I doubt that was his real reason for killing himself. He lives in russia for fuck sake. Russia is a shitty place to live. He killed himself for having one of his last outlets die not because of a cartoon character died. Seriously this is a dumb conclusion to make that was his only reason.
Nov 5, 2012 6:58 PM

Apr 2012
traed said:
I doubt that was his real reason for killing himself. He lives in russia for fuck sake. Russia is a shitty place to live. He killed himself for having one of his last outlets die not because of a cartoon character died. Seriously this is a dumb conclusion to make that was his only reason.

Your ignorance is showing.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Nov 5, 2012 7:02 PM

Mar 2008
BloodRequiem said:

Oh sorry I guess me knowing Russians who both live in Russia and used to live in Russia isn't good enough. Would you like a 10 page essay for your pretentious self?
Nov 5, 2012 7:04 PM

Apr 2012
traed said:
BloodRequiem said:

Oh sorry I guess me knowing Russians who both live in Russia and used to live in Russia isn't good enough. Would you like a 10 page essay for your pretentious self?

Assuming the kid committed suicide because of your negative experiences with a country is not ignorance?
Nov 5, 2012 7:05 PM

Jun 2012
BloodRequiem said:
traed said:
BloodRequiem said:

Assuming the kid committed suicide because of your negative experiences with a country is not ignorance?
Better than assuming he committed suicide solely becuase an animated character he liked is killed off... In a movie no less.
Nov 5, 2012 7:07 PM

Mar 2008
BloodRequiem said:

I know people who attempted suicide. Don't make a fool of yourself. The only way anyone would attempt suicide at that age for that reason would have to be autistic or OCD or something like that. Even the most basic common sense says there is obvious other reasons.
Nov 5, 2012 7:09 PM

Apr 2012
traed said:
BloodRequiem said:

I know people who attempted suicide. Don't make a fool of yourself. The only way anyone would attempt suicide at that age for that reason would have to be autistic or OCD or something like that. Even the most basic common sense says there is obvious other reasons.

Unless the father was lying, the kid obviously had mental problems.
Nov 5, 2012 7:11 PM

Jun 2009
no because i have three things to keep me from doing so: common sense, logic, and sanity. just enough to keep me from doing something this pathetic.
"everyone knows that the last toes are always the coldest to go."

Telavators-the mars volta
Nov 5, 2012 7:15 PM

Mar 2008
BloodRequiem said:

Well that's exactly my point. Why are you agreeing suddenly? You have to have some major mental problem besides depression to do that and if not it wasn't the only reason still.
Nov 5, 2012 7:17 PM

Apr 2012
traed said:
BloodRequiem said:

Well that's exactly my point. Why are you agreeing suddenly? You have to have some major mental problem besides depression to do that and if not it wasn't the only reason still.

Him having mental problems doesn't mean that he committed suicide due to Russia being a shitty place.
Nov 5, 2012 7:21 PM

Mar 2008
BloodRequiem said:

Him having mental problems doesn't mean that he committed suicide due to Russia being a shitty place.
At first I was thinking of him as a more normal but depressed person. I wasn't thinking about other mental illness before I sent that first message.
Nov 5, 2012 7:22 PM

May 2011
When my favourite character died, I swore to be his living legacy.
Nov 5, 2012 7:23 PM

Mar 2008
-Shuda- said:
Did you give him a nice funeral?
Nov 5, 2012 7:24 PM

May 2011
traed said:
-Shuda- said:
Did you give him a nice funeral?

He dissolved into the lifestream, so that wasn't possible.
Nov 5, 2012 7:24 PM

Jun 2012
The boy was reportedly devastated after seeing the death of the character Itachi Uchiha in the animated movie 'Naruto - Hurricane Chronicle'.

He said: 'I always told him he spent too much time watching the TV - he didn't know what was reality and what was fiction anymore.

Errm... these are excerpts from the Article...

First of all, I've gotta say, this article is really poorly written... First they start off by saying Manga character, then they mention that he died in a movie... All of the Naruto movies are filler so I don't see why they even mention the manga... Second of all, with the title of the Movie... translated to Japanese they're saying that the title of the "movie" is Naruto Shippuden... Pretty sure there are no Naruto movies titled Shippuden, so I'll assume they were reffering to the Road to Ninja movie that recently aired in Japanese theaters because a previous poster suggested that could be the case and it's got most of the Akatsuki in it. Problem being, Road to Ninja hasn't been released on Blu Ray or DvD to my knowledge and probably has no subbed form, even if it was the Shippuden series they were referring to... Itachi died over two years ago, and yeah maybe he was watching dubbed but none of the characters have Russian VAs listed so I doubt that, and the series most likely would have been cancelled like the English dub anyway.

With that wall of wasted text out of the way... He did realize that Itachi was brought back to life right...?
Nov 5, 2012 7:26 PM

May 2011
YorozuyaGinSan said:
... He did realize that Itachi was brought back to life right...?

The irony.
Nov 5, 2012 7:26 PM

Apr 2012
YorozuyaGinSan said:

With that wall of wasted text out of the way... He did realize that Itachi was brought back to life right...?

Well now he's not gonna...
Nov 5, 2012 7:36 PM

Mar 2011
YorozuyaGinSan said:
BloodRequiem said:
traed said:
BloodRequiem said:

Better than assuming he committed suicide solely becuase an animated character he liked is killed off... In a movie no less.
OFT

Also, what a spoiler -_-
Nov 5, 2012 8:09 PM

Sep 2012
OF COURSE NOT. ill just draw myself a doujinshi if im not satisfied with the death haha...
"Im feeling it tonight roflcopterskatesbbq"
Nov 5, 2012 8:14 PM

Mar 2012
I should probably mention that I'm on the last disc of Cowboy Bebop, I know how it ends, and I'm usually one to take things to extremes.
What do I do?
I'm dead. Don't come looking for me.
Nov 5, 2012 8:27 PM

Apr 2012
Negative-Travis said:
I should probably mention that I'm on the last disc of Cowboy Bebop, I know how it ends, and I'm usually one to take things to extremes.
What do I do?

You survived the suicide magnet called NGE. You'll be fine.
Nov 5, 2012 8:27 PM

Mar 2012
BloodRequiem said:
Negative-Travis said:
What do I do?

This is true.
Thanks for that.
I'm dead. Don't come looking for me.
Nov 6, 2012 8:05 AM

Jun 2012
BloodRequiem said:
Negative-Travis said:
What do I do?

NGE makes me think New Game Enhancement..
from an old game I use to play.
but you don't even know how dank my memes are
Nov 6, 2012 1:21 PM
May 2007
If I could live with Firefly getting canceled, Indiana Jones getting raped, Dragonball being turned into a piece of shit live action movie, and with shit like Jersey Shore being on the air for 5 seasons, then I can handle a character from a favorite anime dying.
Nov 6, 2012 11:49 PM

Mar 2012
If Kyon or Homura died, I think it would actually be a pretty good plot twist
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.