Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jan 6, 2016 4:37 PM

May 2008
When we finally see Hazuki in his body... TIMESKIP! Hazuki Rekt! The End!
Jan 19, 2016 4:37 AM

Oct 2007
That enormous time skip ruined everything. It really upset me right when I was completely in love with the series. Not impressed!
Jan 25, 2016 10:53 AM

Jun 2010
Very bad. I hated everything after the moment Hazuki got drunk and borrowed his body.
That's why the rate went from 7-8 to 2. Just horrible.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 7, 2016 8:14 PM

Jun 2013
Mixed feelings about the show. It's beautifully drawn, the characters are beautiful but a lot of the scenes, that I personally felt were unnecessary, were drawn out too long. Overall, it was good.

Hazuki and Rokka's daughter has her father's face lol she looks pissed/bored just like he did.

Still, that little kid looks like he's more Shimao's grandkid than Hazuki's for some reason. Also, he saw his sort-of-grandpa ghost float away and he didn't even freak out. The fuck, little boy? I would be screaming my lungs out and pissing my pants.
臭い-
Apr 19, 2016 7:11 PM

Jan 2012
the only josei i could bear to watch until the end. Seiyuus really did amazing job in this.
Hazuki's daughter has her father's eyes haha.

btw what is "matching bones"?
Oct 21, 2016 9:54 PM

Sep 2010
Happy ending, but I wanted to see way more Hazuki x Rocca. Wow, Shimao's life as some kind of wandering floating ghost. Some clever dialogue about scattering ashes in a beautiful place. And it was nice that Shimao said he was fine with Rocca not thinking about his bones or ashes until she becomes an old lady. At the end of the episode I hardly believed him, though. I'll probably watch some more Josei anime.
Jan 10, 2017 10:06 AM

Oct 2016
It was a happy ending, but I feel bad for Hazuki. Atushi spends most of the time in his body so he didn't get to experience Rokka's confession, first kiss, or first sex. It felt a little weird especially the end. She supposedly was so in love with Hazuki, but was willing to kill herself to be with Atushi. I get her emotions were conflicted because he was there again, but her actions came off as fickle. I kinda wish more drama had come from the end when Hazuki gets his body back. I mean you are dealing with a woman who was willing to leave this world for her dead husband while she's supposedly in love with you. I don't think I could have handled it.

Also, Atushi was a douchebag and why the fuck hadn't he moved on some 40 years later? Also they kept his room intact and it makes me ask "WHY?!" That just shows she never truly moved on and that's pretty insulting to Hazuki.

I think it would have been beter if they had kept switching instead of Atushi being in Hazuki's body almost the entire anime.
Apr 2, 2020 3:41 PM

Nov 2016
The last few episodes and finale had unfortunately some issues, like feeling tremendously rushed and not offering enough conclusion. I would've loved to have more transition before jumping to the short epilogue. Not getting that was disappointing. It still managed to be an emotionally stirring ride till the very end.

Thematically, character and direction-wise it was a fantastic series, tho. There was a lot to explore and I honestly have trouble to put everything coherently into words. The characters were also rich. Admittedly not always likable, but that wasn't the point and didn't hurt what the series was trying to convey, rather the opposite. It was always interesting and never was I even close to being bored. Loved the drama, the tone and all the different emotions it evoked, also that it actually gave me different insight into relationships compared to the standard fare. So yeah, this was quite the unique experience overall that would even warrant a rewatch in order to pick up on more details.

Initally I went into this expecting a story about love, parting, the pain of being alone, yet this ended up being so much more in a positive as well as in negative way.

8.5/10

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 16, 2020 2:53 AM

Jun 2020
this last episode felt really rushed but it still made me cry. i cried so badly when shimao left hazuki's body & rokka was calling for him, that hit really hard as i imagined myself having a 2nd chance with someone dear to me, only for that person to be gone again. that was a heavy scene (although i felt like the direction could have been a bit stronger, that scene almost felt fleeting), i felt so bad for rokka & shimao, especially shimao, i can't bring myself to hate/dislike him, i sympathised too much with him :'(

wish we could have seen hazuki being a dad - their daughter resembles him a lot, would have been cute to see him being a dad!

this was beautiful

i felt SO bad for shimao from the start to the end, this anime left me with a heavy heart.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Mar 8, 2021 11:33 PM

Jul 2016
Took you long enough to realize you have to let go, huh? Shimao? Though it's still a disappointment the dude seemingly decided not to pass to the afterlife after all the melodrama we had to go through.

Honestly, this series wasn't something particularly special at the beginning but man, the story seriously went to shit after episode 4 with the whole "body swapping/Hazuki in fairyland" plot-line. From this point onwards, episodes became incredibly boring and the more screen-time Shimao received, the more I despised this pathetic excuse of a man.

As for Rokka, I was mostly neutral towards her this entire time but hearing her saying it was her fault Shimao decided to stay by her side after dying sure left a bad taste in my mouth. Especially when Shimao didn't even try to contradict her.
I also didn't like how lightly the double suicide attempt was taken once Hazuki got his body back. I mean, Rokka was ready to die a few minutes ago but now she's okay because Hazuki is there to give her some kisses? Nah, I don't think so. The woman will certainly need some therapy after the supernatural ordeal her emotions had to experience. All thanks to douchebag #1; Shimao, Atsushi.

And by the way, during last scene when Shimao told the kid to call him "grandpa"... Uh, I don't really want to consider the scenario but I now wonder if Rokka actually got pregnant when she had sex with Shimao while he was still using Hazuki's body. Honestly, some part of me thinks this is the case but I seriously hope I'm wrong with this assumption. I mean, there is no need to make the ghost even creepier than he already was.

2/10
SouthRzVaMar 8, 2021 11:41 PM
May 5, 2021 1:43 AM

Sep 2020
Disappointed with how this anime ended , this episode was really messed up comparing to other episode , I was hoping to see an emotional conclusion to the story but wtf was that , I was initially thinking of giving this anime 9/10 but now the score have dropped to 6/10 or may be 7 /10
May 26, 2021 11:04 PM

Jan 2021
I am just glad that it’s over but I actually loved the ending ngl
7/10
CalmTeaTimeMay 29, 2021 2:54 PM
Aug 4, 2022 6:03 PM

Mar 2013
Uhhh so what can I say. This series started out pretty strong and slowly went downhill when Shimao took Hazuki's body. It dragged on and was really really annoying to see this stubborn husband that seemed like he didn't want Rokka to be genuinely happy, even if it meant that she would end up alone for the rest of her days. I'm quite glad that didn't happen and that ending was really satisfying. So, I take it by the end, both of them Shimao and Rokka passed away and their daughter with her husband inherited the shop. That kind of made me tear up, they got the happy life they deserved.
Jan 8, 2023 4:29 AM

May 2019
SouthRzVa said:
Took you long enough to realize you have to let go, huh? Shimao? Though it's still a disappointment the dude seemingly decided not to pass to the afterlife after all the melodrama we had to go through.

Honestly, this series wasn't something particularly special at the beginning but man, the story seriously went to shit after episode 4 with the whole "body swapping/Hazuki in fairyland" plot-line. From this point onwards, episodes became incredibly boring and the more screen-time Shimao received, the more I despised this pathetic excuse of a man.

As for Rokka, I was mostly neutral towards her this entire time but hearing her saying it was her fault Shimao decided to stay by her side after dying sure left a bad taste in my mouth. Especially when Shimao didn't even try to contradict her.
I also didn't like how lightly the double suicide attempt was taken once Hazuki got his body back. I mean, Rokka was ready to die a few minutes ago but now she's okay because Hazuki is there to give her some kisses? Nah, I don't think so. The woman will certainly need some therapy after the supernatural ordeal her emotions had to experience. All thanks to douchebag #1; Shimao, Atsushi.

And by the way, during last scene when Shimao told the kid to call him "grandpa"... Uh, I don't really want to consider the scenario but I now wonder if Rokka actually got pregnant when she had sex with Shimao while he was still using Hazuki's body. Honestly, some part of me thinks this is the case but I seriously hope I'm wrong with this assumption. I mean, there is no need to make the ghost even creepier than he already was.

2/10

I agree with this user from the past.

I didn't hate the anime, but Shimao's character was a total jerk, and the worse, the author clearly celebrated him being that.

The "double" suicide attempt was atrocious.

All the point of Hazuki's odissey in the ghost-dreamland was about to make him understand the jerk husband, because everything in this story needed to celebrate the cursed ghost Yandere Shimao.

6/10
Oct 21, 2023 9:05 AM

Aug 2011
A wonderful 'sleeper' find anime that I binged watched in a day. It was nicely executed, although I feel the storybook segments were a bit over-the-top; sometimes less is more.

Lelouch22 said:
It's great that, carrying over from the last episode, Rokka realized who she had truly fallen in love with, and wasn't content to leave things as they were, particularly in regards to Hazuki. For the most part, the last conversation between Shimao and Rokka was an excellent scene, and easily the most emotionally resonant moment between them. For once, I could actually sympathize with Shimao's suffering, due to the absence of his typically selfish nature. However, it was pretty damn ridiculous that she would actually suggest dying alongside Shimao. That really seemed wholly contrived and unnecessary, since it effectively undercut the strength and emotions of her earlier decision. I felt like that bit of uncertainty only existed to temporarily and cheaply lessen her character for the sole purpose of highlighting Shimao's change in resolve, thus making said change seem a bit more profound. Though beautiful, their final conversation took far too much time within the episode. Due to this lengthy farewell, Hazuki, once again, continued his "secondary character" existence in an episode that should have featured him almost completely.

I have to agree; I appreciated the fact that Rokka chose to have Hazuki's body returned, regardless of her feelings. Although, I feel her deciding to die and join Shimao in his current existence (how that was a guarantee, I have no idea) was lingering affection and possibly guilt for loving another. And was Hazuki considered the secondary character? I never thought so; I just felt certain scenes expressed the POV's of Hazuki, Shimao and Rokka.

Lelouch22 said:
Hazuki is by far the best and most interesting character, so it was quite disappointing to see what became of him throughout the second half of the story, having been forced into an isolated role. Although initially interesting, the storybook segments with Hazuki were, in the end, largely useless, artificially stranding him in this bubble that seemingly disallowed any amount of particularly significant character development or involvement. Hazuki and Rokka’s relationship was simply fantastic and one of the strongest and most enjoyable elements of the story, yet all of this potential was temporarily, but lengthily, discarded, in order to insert Shimao into the story in a much more prevalent and contrived manner, which wasn't nearly as engaging, unfortunately.

Even though that shift of focus should have improved his character, Shimao instead became a constantly uncertain and completely unsympathetic character with hardly any development at all. His apathetic lack of conviction and vague sense of resolve created a massive contrast between him and Hazuki, and how much they each cared for Rokka. While there seemed an initial desire to make Shimao sympathetic, his very selfish and cruel actions only led him to becoming a wholly inconsistent and ambiguous identity; one that continually failed to derive any sort of sympathy from me. Perhaps that was the point though. Although I strongly doubt it, it’s certainly possible that Shimao wasn't supposed to be a particularly likable character, but the focus on him and his rather sorrowful past seems to distinctly say otherwise.

I loved Hazuki from the start. He was bold; not that clean cut, agreeable, well-to-do character and I enjoyed seeing him strive for (what he thought) was the unobtainable. He had a few crude and over-the-top moments, but hey - the dude gets kudos for honesty and I truly believe that's what drew Rokka's attention. There were no kid-gloves with Hazuki and she responded to the pressure no one had applied before, most likely because she was a young widow.

In the beginning, I was empathetic toward Shimao's plight. He had watched over his wife for 3 years and to see her falling for another guy from his ghostly zone could not have been easy. I even went as far to understand him holding on to Hazuki's body for a while to have 'real' time with Rokka, but then it got a bit creepy after that. Although I partially understood, his character took a nose-dive for me during the story book scenes.

Overall, it was an engaging anime. It has its flaws, but not enough to take away from the solid 9 I gave it.
Nov 30, 2023 8:58 AM
Jun 2022
I have love / hate relation with this show. It started really interesting. The thing that hooked me was an ordinary young man trying to woo an ordinary widowed woman!. It was about a woman learning to move on and find love!
But what the hell happened to that!!!!!.
Let's talk about the characters
1. Ghost husband:
he started as someone with whom I can sympathise with. But my god, I have never seen such a bastard character celebrated by the author like this!!! The things he does is reprehensible. He selfishly uses another man's body to get affection from his widowed wife unbeknownst to the woman. She sleeps with her selfishly to make him feel good about himself. Throughout the series his attitude never changes about letting hid wife go. What the f was that about marking her with a neck bite. Basically he never truly redeems himself or apologizes to alive bf for abusing his body. The author gave his all trying to make us sympathise with this shit. There is a limit to how much of a dick u can be just because of your sad story. Again my problem was not that he was being such a selfish character but the author's attempt to make him look good. He never got what he deserved. It would have been fitting for him get hateful glare from fl after she learns about his actions. But no...
2. Alive bf:
where should I start with this simp of a man. He was really unique in how honest and endearing he was. But after the body switch he just faded in the background. The main thing I hated about him was his super submissive behaviour. What's with that reaction when he finds about dead husband thoroughly enjoyed sex with the woman you love with your body. What's with your reaction when you learn that the woman u love had sex with someone else in your body. From what I see they had a single child. There is high possibility that the child was born from that sex. Are you that of a simp. ???
The most f*ed up thing was his response after getting his body back. Just moments ago the woman who supposedly loved you , wanted to die with her husband. Basically choosing her dead husband over you. He also acknowledges this. But upon returning he acts like that never happened.
I would have loved to see him man up and confront fl about these things. But we never got to see any interaction between them after the foolish final episode.
3. FL(the insensitive Princess):
Most people who presents their opinion either talks about dead husband or alive bf. But the character I hated the most was the female lead . If you analyse the flashbacks, particularly her conversation infront of a big short tree about a girl being turned into a tree root because of love and how she thought it was romantic and a happy ending. That shows how much obsessed she was with her then bf.
The then boyfriend's final note saying he wants her to eat his bones mainly came from that story and how much she loved it.
I mostly hate how she treats alive bf so insensitively. When she finds out about her dead husband was in alive bf 's body. She shows no concern for anyone else other than the dead husband. When she learns that she had sex with her dead husband in alive bf 's body her reaction was what?? Guess what! nothing!!!!. No contempt toward the bastard.
Don's even get me started with how she wanted to die with her husband just after confessing her so called " Love" for another man. As per as emotional drama goes she was indecisive from the very beginning. She never actually moved on from her dead husband. That well managed room for that bastard proves that. I would have loved to see her actually moving on from her past. But that never happened.
In the end no one completely won. Alive bf got the short end of the stick. I feel bad for him but his submissive behaviour did not help my opinion of him..

I came to see an young man wooing an older widowed woman and a widowed depressed woman moving on fighting her fears but what I get from completing the story is a nasty empty feeling that I hate with passion.
5/10
BeStraightNov 30, 2023 9:59 AM
Feb 16, 12:01 AM

Dec 2022
Started off good, got really weird, almost took a dark turn and the pay off was meh. Hazuki could have done better.
Feb 19, 3:52 AM

Apr 2014
Why in the world he didn't move on and still is a ghost? That's real sad tbh. I wished it had more than 11ep, quite short, but still was a nice watch.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Natsuyuki Rendezvous Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jul 5, 2012

151 by Katsu-kun »»
Feb 17, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Natsuyuki Rendezvous Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2012

103 by katakumplat »»
Feb 11, 5:09 AM

Poll: » Natsuyuki Rendezvous Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 30, 2012

90 by katakumplat »»
Feb 7, 10:44 PM

Poll: » Natsuyuki Rendezvous Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2012

71 by katakumplat »»
Feb 5, 11:07 PM

Poll: » Natsuyuki Rendezvous Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 16, 2012

88 by katakumplat »»
Jan 28, 2:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.