Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Dec 16, 2019 1:22 AM

Mar 2015
Hmm it's obviously because Mashiro's still a teenager, but this kind of reckless determination doesn't sit well with me.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Mar 29, 2020 4:37 AM

Jun 2015
Bakuman is so exciting! I’m loving to rewatch it.

May 1, 2020 3:47 PM

Aug 2018
what a f***ing idiot...
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Jun 9, 2020 3:52 PM

May 2017
I guess at the end the manga they make will be called bakuman ,
a shonen story about a boy working hard (on a white bed)
to fullfil his dreams (azuki)
but one day he almost die (only just fall)
the girl that he love help him (give a hand)
they work together to win (just collor the paper)

Go MC x Doll girl , burst out your super power ! Defeat the Crow demon and be the strongest !
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Oct 1, 2020 2:03 PM

May 2018
Tfw Mashiro loves manga more than his gf T_T
Nov 3, 2020 10:07 PM

Jan 2019
I hate this whole romanization of literally working till death for your dream. No, Mashiro's attitude isn't admirable, it's selfish and bratty.

Everyone who cares about you, and even a professional, are saying you could die if you keep going but you're still going to keep up because you don't give a fuck about their feelings? Mashiro, you suck.
Jan 12, 2021 6:00 AM

Jul 2017
Intense episode as a whole, especially when Azuki and Mashiro confronted each other at the hospital. She wanted to stop him to make him focus on recovering since she knows how stubborn he can get, while also knowing that she is also stubborn on the inside, but when she sees how dedicated he is to this entire thing, she can't help but try her best to support him no matter what. Can't help it since she's loved him for 8 years, longer than Mashiro's even know about her since she fell in love with him at first sight when they were at an art gallery and Mashiro's work was on there. Pretty cute stuff there. But that hiatus is really looming over Shady Detective TRAP and Ashirogi Muto regardless of how much Mashiro wants to continue while hospitalized since they're a professional company who cares for the health and safety for their authors, especially ones who are high school students.
Jan 20, 2021 8:58 PM
Oct 2019
STUPID

I can't watch this.

Three months in the hospital for a so-called minor procedure? No, that doesn't happen.

Plus the whole making Saiko look like some tough guy/hero for working through his illness. Give me a fucking break.

And then Miho acting like he's fine because he says he's fine even though he's writhing in pain, and she helps him steady his hand like any good, mindless housewife would do?

TRASH

Season 2 was mediocre up to this point. But episodes 4 and 5 were a little better and I thought this thing was turning the corner. Instead, it drove right off the cliff.

Props to Eiji for literally ROLLING out of the car when they arrived at the hospital. That was funny. Everything else this episode sucked.

Dropped. Season 2 is a 5/10, and if I kept watching I probably would've just disliked things even more, causing me to drop the score even farther.

At least Season 1 was solid (well, aside from that weird af long distance relationship where the two lovers don't actually speak to each other...).
Apr 20, 2021 9:32 PM

Jan 2016
^ we don’t need your trash takes here anyway lol.

Anyways still a good episode. Crazy that Mashiro has some balls to see Azuki face to face and didn’t cower away. 3 months seem too long for a simple surgery

Jul 18, 2021 8:18 PM

Jan 2020
So they broke their promise......
Jul 18, 2021 8:20 PM

Jan 2020
Well knowing that this is not the last season, seems like Moritaka is not going to die anytime soon...
Oct 19, 2021 4:30 AM

Dec 2007
mashiro is seriously stupid, doesn't he remember what happened to his uncle dying from overworking?
though that, azuki's voice cast was great at the last scene.

eiji LOL
Oct 25, 2021 4:06 PM
Oct 2019
I mean this is a fictional work so and Mashiro is the MC so some people can subscribe to this gung-ho attitude to keep moving forward no matter what but IRL this is extremely stupid. The medical accuracies aside when you’re sick, rest. It’s that simple. Even a character said it in this episode, how are you going to achieve your dreams if you die. It’s like putting so much effort to hurting your dreams. Mashiro has always been headstrong but this is taking it to another level of idealistic stupidity. On the flip side, glad him and Azuki are actually talking. Screw their promise, it’s a stupid promise anyway. You can still get married when you achieve your dreams AND have an actual relationship while doing it. They’re being so naive, idealistic and melodramatic about this. I would’ve said they’re still teenagers but look what Takagi and Miyoshi’s got going
Feb 3, 2022 9:07 PM
Aug 2021
This series has been so hard to watch, the bs romance of the main characters, the determination which will lead him to nowhere because he his following his uncle's steps since many eps and the fact that almost veryone encourages him to overwork in the most nonsensical thing

Keep going like that and he will die before he even reaches his uncle's age
Jul 14, 2022 12:13 PM

Nov 2018
This is the dumbest thing since School Days
I hate everyone equally
Jul 14, 2022 12:14 PM

Nov 2018
Fakest drama ever, can we please return to generic shounen plot?
I hate everyone equally
Oct 22, 2022 7:33 PM

Jan 2020
He needs a portion of his liver removed? What exactly happened?

This stupid long distance thing persists. As if "being in the hospital" isn't an emergency: You love someone for 8 years and yet you won't speak with them face-to-face? This relationship just gets worse and worse. At least, in the end, they are finally in the same room together.

I think it would be a shame to have TRAP go on hiatus. It's also a bit of a weird plot point this early on. Either way, I feel like Moritaka has a good amount of time to be able to do at least some drawing while he's in the hospital. That being said, I don't think there is a point to Moritaka killing himself to get chapters out. Yet, I'm still not entirely sure how drawing is putting him in crippling pain. Again, this is a weird thing to come up, and so early.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Mar 20, 4:50 PM
Sep 2017
Lmao, gotta love how he still want to draw when he's literally dying and each character being "should i stop him? But no... Umm yes, but no"
Mar 29, 2:36 PM

May 2021
Wow the mood of this changed fast
One of the best episodes so far
Inhales oxygen
Apr 16, 12:49 AM
Jul 2016
Wtf. Just ridiculous. Dude is sick and it just feels like the show is saying hard work over health. The final scene with Mashiro just broken and Azuki just helps him draw? Ridiculous. Takagi is in hos worst behavior too. Miura, THIS is the time yo're supposed to tell him to rest.
If this doesn't end with Mashiro being recognized as wrong and him resting, well nothing dramatic, I'll just not like it.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman 2 Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Mar 3, 2012

73 by Sakagami_Tomoyo »»
Apr 27, 4:58 PM

Poll: » Bakuman 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 15, 2011

78 by Karva1 »»
Mar 29, 11:51 AM

Poll: » Bakuman 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Nov 12, 2011

120 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 21, 12:19 AM

Poll: » Bakuman 2 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 24, 2012

150 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 9:15 PM

Poll: » Bakuman 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Dec 24, 2011

105 by DZento »»
Jul 26, 2023 9:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.