Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Is Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Overrated?
Yes
47.9%
No
52.1%
1,364 votes
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jan 28, 2009 12:03 PM

Jan 2009
Hell no, it's a great anime that made DBZ look nothing (in terms of power level).

For me they showed what they were bound to show, it's objective was to show amazing battles, cool characters and the growth of some of them.
Jan 28, 2009 2:14 PM
Jun 2007
99% of you brats have never seen any of the old super robot series, Mazinger Z/Getter/Daitarn/Zambot/Voltes/Ideon etc.

Or even most recent Super robot shit. So your opinion on Gurren-Lagann's worth is fucking meaningless. Sorry but it's the harsh truth.

It's like trying to judge a movie about ancient rome without knowing anything about rome and then saying the movie was stupid.

Gurren-Lagann was not about trying to be deceptively deep or philosophical. It was about theme. Courage, giant robots, and kids piloting them and some seriously kick-ass animation. It was a tribute and a salute to all the super robot series that had come before it. If you haven't seen any of that stuff then you really can't even begin understand Gurren-Lagann.

Most of you are tweeny kids who wouldn't know awesome even if it hit you.

Jan 29, 2009 1:46 AM

Jun 2008
AnimusNathan said:
It's like trying to judge a movie about ancient rome without knowing anything about rome and then saying the movie was stupid.

Gurren-Lagann was not about trying to be deceptively deep or philosophical. It was about theme. Courage, giant robots, and kids piloting them and some seriously kick-ass animation. It was a tribute and a salute to all the super robot series that had come before it. If you haven't seen any of that stuff then you really can't even begin understand Gurren-Lagann.
/pointless flame removed

You probably can't judge a movie on Ancient Rome on historical accuracy if you don't know anything about Roman history and culture. You can, however, judge it on other aspects that make a movie good. Like, strength of character, coherence of plot, concept, and execution.

Just because something is a salute doesn't necessarily make it good, or bad. It just is.
Peace through Superior Firepower!

formosan said:
Are you using some kind of advanced logic I don't know about? Have you decided to assign new meanings to English words? Are you just intentionally burning a straw man and knowing full well that you're changing the subject and misrepresenting a claim?
Jan 29, 2009 2:52 AM
Jan 2009
I was diappointed with the ending of this anime..but that dosent mean that everybody should dislike it too

I thought the ending was childish and idiotic... but some think its awesome

Its imposible for everybody to like the same thing so everybody is entitled to his own opinion

but still ..I dont see why sombody will think a sentance like (take care of the wrold) and a stupid reply like (you know i will) is EPIC as they make it sound

IMA-samaJan 29, 2009 9:29 AM
Jan 29, 2009 12:41 PM

Sep 2008
That's what I thought, until I actually watched it.
It's on par with Code Geass.. maybe it's better because it has NO fillers...
Absolutely NO fillers make it completely enjoyable.
It gets better, after the twist, where theres many moments of great drama.

Oh yea, it also has a great soundtrack..
the whole series, I ABSOLUTELY HAD TO HAVE VOLUME ON.
No exceptions.

You know, in some anime, the action parts are really cheesy, or childish, and your ashamed by watching it?
This has no parts like that, even with all the "passion" action scenes..

If your just asking this to see if we think it's overrated because the anime seems childish, and to think if you should watch it or not...

Just watch up to episode... 8?
Or until the "dramatic" part...
THEN decide to continue on or not...
but it gets much better after that...

Jan 30, 2009 2:31 AM

Jun 2008
Lazyfulness said:
You know, in some anime, the action parts are really cheesy, or childish, and your ashamed by watching it?

formosan said:
Are you using some kind of advanced logic I don't know about? Have you decided to assign new meanings to English words? Are you just intentionally burning a straw man and knowing full well that you're changing the subject and misrepresenting a claim?
Jan 30, 2009 2:34 AM

Jul 2008
turkeymeister said:
Lazyfulness said:

Jan 30, 2009 5:37 AM
Jan 2009
Lazyfulness said:

No exceptions.

Allow me to disagree... code geas is waaaaaay better,I think its even disrespectful to compare them with each other

In code geas the writer is talking to us about his idea of life, right and wrong, power and authority. advanced reasoning through the series that explains everything

TTGL on the other hand the writer seems....drunk

and Code geas has no fillers as well
(the soundtracks were good though..Kow Otani work is always splendid)
Jan 30, 2009 6:29 AM

Jun 2008
Ima-sama... there are plenty of things wrong enough with Lazyfulness' post, without you introducing more wrong things of your own.

formosan said:
Jan 30, 2009 9:11 AM
Jan 2009
turkeymeister said:
Ima-sama... there are plenty of things wrong enough with Lazyfulness' post, without you introducing more wrong things of your own.

Thats what fourms are all about :)
Jan 30, 2009 1:10 PM

Oct 2008
It's back to a 9.01 again.
Yay.
Jan 30, 2009 9:51 PM
Sep 2008
Personnaly, in every aspect (Story, Animation, Sound, Characters), I have seen better, and that's ok. But the only real thing that this show does better than the others (For most people) is to bring enjoyment while watching it.

You oculd compare it which watever you like, but it's still one of the most enjoyable animes out there.

But"Overrated" doesn't mean that it surpasses every other animes, a lot of people think that and start comparing with other animes.

Personnaly, I hate people who rated without having watched it or at less watched all episodes (This only has 27 episodes, there is not excuse for not watching them all before jjuging)(Exept if you think it sucks alot and don't wanna watch ne more)

Anyway, I don't tihnk it's overrated, it's only people that overreact because they see it at first place over their favorite animes.
Jan 31, 2009 7:10 PM

Jun 2008
Viperslayer said:
It's back to a 9.01 again.
Yay.
Cool. Allrrrrriteee. This is called, breaking through the heavens.
Feb 1, 2009 10:36 AM

Dec 2008
Asking a bunch of people if any anime -- any thing -- is "overrated" is about the dumbest thing you can do, because everyone is going to have their own opinion on the matter and whatever the consensus "rating" is just happens to be a number calculated from input based on a completely arbitrary feeling. Do you hate this show and all the hype surrounding it and give it a score of 1? Do you think it's great, perhaps even the best anime you've ever seen, and give it a wholehearted 10? Maybe you enjoyed it but you'd rather not succumb to hyperbolic scoring and give it, say, a 7 or an 8? It doesn't really matter.

Just think what you think of it, and let others react as they will. I understand that anime fandom encourages a sort of nerd rage where one feels he or she must make his or her opinion ABSOLUTE PARADIGM, but seriously, keep it to yourself. You think something is "overrated"? No offense, but stuff it up your ass. It is what it is.

If you didn't enjoy this show, just understand that whatever criticisms you may have, some of them perfectly valid, others were so swept away by its incredible spirit and magnitude that they just had that much fun with it. And not all of us are kids. I've been watching anime for longer than some kids on this site have been alive.

It's not a particularly deep or intelligent show. In fact, it's incredibly simple-minded, for being so lauded as 'epic'. But that's what it is: a simple, balls-the-size-of-planets, blazing-spirit, cosmically epic tale of one boy's drill. THE DRILL THAT WILL PENETRATE THE HEAVENS.

:P

And thus, calling such a thing "overrated" is truly the silliest thing you can do. It is what it is. Love it or leave it, but if you don't love it, don't think for a second that your negative opinion means anything to anyone else.

That said, if you love it, well... Realize that it may not be for everyone! And what is? It's kind of like how I hate Elfen Lied, but I understand what people (lots of people) liked about it well enough that I wouldn't be so stupid as to call it "overrated". It is what it is.
zenoslimeFeb 1, 2009 11:15 AM
Feb 1, 2009 11:56 AM
Jan 2009
antitype said:
Asking a bunch of people if any anime -- any thing -- is "overrated" is about the dumbest thing you can do, because everyone is going to have their own opinion on the matter and whatever the consensus "rating" is just happens to be a number calculated from input based on a completely arbitrary feeling. Do you hate this show and all the hype surrounding it and give it a score of 1? Do you think it's great, perhaps even the best anime you've ever seen, and give it a wholehearted 10? Maybe you enjoyed it but you'd rather not succumb to hyperbolic scoring and give it, say, a 7 or an 8? It doesn't really matter.

Just think what you think of it, and let others react as they will. I understand that anime fandom encourages a sort of nerd rage where one feels he or she must make his or her opinion ABSOLUTE PARADIGM, but seriously, keep it to yourself. You think something is "overrated"? No offense, but stuff it up your ass. It is what it is.

If you didn't enjoy this show, just understand that whatever criticisms you may have, some of them perfectly valid, others were so swept away by its incredible spirit and magnitude that they just had that much fun with it. And not all of us are kids. I've been watching anime for longer than some kids on this site have been alive.

It's not a particularly deep or intelligent show. In fact, it's incredibly simple-minded, for being so lauded as 'epic'. But that's what it is: a simple, balls-the-size-of-planets, blazing-spirit, cosmically epic tale of one boy's drill. THE DRILL THAT WILL PENETRATE THE HEAVENS.

:P

And thus, calling such a thing "overrated" is truly the silliest thing you can do. It is what it is. Love it or leave it, but if you don't love it, don't think for a second that your negative opinion means anything to anyone else.

That said, if you love it, well... Realize that it may not be for everyone! And what is? It's kind of like how I hate Elfen Lied, but I understand what people (lots of people) liked about it well enough that I wouldn't be so stupid as to call it "overrated". It is what it is.

You just said that everybody have their own opinions...those opinons are exchanged through some channels and it happens that fourms are one of those channels...you liked the show...I didnt, and I have the right to say I didnt like it and why. and you have the right to respond or ...you know ... SHUT UP (No offense)

You think this topic is dumb .. that is your opinion..but as you said: everybody have thier own opinion. so some think its not dumb to have a discussion.

So next time you think a topic a dump...don't reply to it
Feb 1, 2009 11:57 AM

Dec 2008
Way to completely miss the point.
Feb 1, 2009 12:00 PM
Jan 2009
antitype said:
Way to completely miss the point.

what point??

you said we shouldnt say anything is overrated...and I say we should

didnt miss anything
Feb 2, 2009 8:11 AM
Jun 2007
What a god-damn hypocrite. You spout this "everybody has the right to an opinion" crap and then tell him to shut up and not post?

EDIT: You "agreed" that everyone has the right to an opinion.

Feb 3, 2009 5:02 AM
Jan 2009
AnimusNathan said:
What a god-damn hypocrite. You spout this "everybody has the right to an opinion" crap and then tell him to shut up and not post?

EDIT: You "agreed" that everyone has the right to an opinion.

But he dosent have the right to call the process of expressing those opinions (dumb)

he either discuss the topic or not
Feb 3, 2009 5:04 AM

Dec 2008
Actually, I do.
Feb 3, 2009 5:30 AM

Jun 2008
antitype said:

I really it that people really don't respond to well-thought out analyses, so I'm going to try to.

Any opinions expressed here (be it positive or negative) has pretty much a weight of nothing, given the providence (anonymous internet poster says X!) as well as the nature of the opinion (it's a critique of a children's TV show, for crying out loud), and as you said, how people arrive at that opinion (a deeply personal and arbitrary set of criteria).

However - that probably will not stop people from trying to persuade others to their opinion. Because the aim is to convince. People can, and will try to sway others to their opinion. Because otherwise that opinion would have no point.

Granted, it still would have no point even if, hypothetically, you managed to persuade someone to it (0+0=0, etc) but if in expressing your opinions, you manage to make someone reconsider his even the slightest bit, I wouldn't say that the expression was wasted.

formosan said:
Feb 3, 2009 6:57 AM

Dec 2008
It's really not the expression I have a problem with -- why else would I bother to write reviews? -- but to call something "overrated", or "underrated", is the laziest, most ham-fisted way you can possible go about trying to influence anyone's opinion. Those words are totally meaningless, and people act like they carry some kind of weight; like "overrated" is the most scathing criticism they can come up with, because they think it's absolute, and that their very uttering of the word alters the critical status quo.

The first couple of responses in this thread were the only ones that needed to be made, really. To ask a question like the OP did is nothing dumb trolling.
Feb 3, 2009 7:01 AM

Oct 2008
This topic reminds me of cabbage farts....
>_>
Feb 4, 2009 5:41 AM

Jun 2008
antitype said:
It's really not the expression I have a problem with -- why else would I bother to write reviews? -- but to call something "overrated", or "underrated", is the laziest, most ham-fisted way you can possible go about trying to influence anyone's opinion. Those words are totally meaningless, and people act like they carry some kind of weight; like "overrated" is the most scathing criticism they can come up with, because they think it's absolute, and that their very uttering of the word alters the critical status quo.

The first couple of responses in this thread were the only ones that needed to be made, really. To ask a question like the OP did is nothing dumb trolling.

I'd say that to call TTGL overated does primarily 2 things.

1) It strokes your ego by making you feel that you can rise above the blind worship of the masses and critique a show that people would consider too good to criticise.
2) In making other people defend themselves, it makes these reconsider why exactly they gave their rating as high as they did, and why TTGL is not overated. It provokes response

Of course, you can do these two things, often better, by giving a differently worded response. But calling something overated/underated means to convey a great deal using only one word. It is succint. If people can back up their original statements, no, I don't have a problem with people using these terms.

formosan said:
Feb 4, 2009 5:47 AM

Sep 2008
I think it's very overrated; half of the people I know on the internet are obsessed with TTGL; I fail to see what's so "epic" about it.
Feb 4, 2009 9:35 AM
Mar 2008
Some people have different tastes, you fail to see the epicness of TTGL, while everyone fails to see the epicness of Pokemon.
Feb 4, 2009 10:52 PM

May 2007
I give Gurren Lagann a 10, it's average is 9.01, it is underrated by my math.
My anime list
Feb 5, 2009 2:16 AM
May 2007
Lazyfulness said:

No exceptions.

If your just asking this to see if we think it's overrated because the anime seems childish, and to think if you should watch it or not...

Just watch up to episode... 8?
Or until the "dramatic" part...
THEN decide to continue on or not...
but it gets much better after that...

Hahahahahaha, are you serious?

Well, for your information I have watched until episode 13 or 14, don't really remember (not worth remembering), and I thought this series was really crap. Dunno why but it really didn't have anything that could make an anime good. And the way they killed the main character and let some dumb kid take over got me slightly frustrated. That kid just cries all the time and the makes an EPIC comeback and saves the day. Waaaay too overrated io, but then again, overrating is part of society. Can't really blame everyone.

Please remember these are just my opinions in the matter.
Feb 11, 2009 1:54 PM
Mar 2008
You gave a 9 to Naruto, you gave a 10 to Hyakko, you should shut the fuck up and keep watching shit.
May 25, 2009 6:40 AM
May 2009
MRLX69 said:
This is the only anime which I've watched twice. It's great because it started well and ended well, unlike 99% of anime out there (FMA, Gantz, Berserk etc... to name a few - which were really good, then the ending just killed it).

What would you know of "good"? You little cock sucker, Bad endings? I'm sure you like your ending with everyone fucking making out on some beach in the middle of fairlyland with a stick of candy stuck up their ass. But good ending, get this, actually have a POINT and actually try to breach borders, and artistically challenge the show and the intention.

THE NERVE of you to mention "berserk" keep berserk out of your mouth you fanservice, fanboy, that's right, your stupid little TTGL is just a fucking fanservice show with fucking Scooby-doo characters, with a grade C plot revolving around 20 second fight scenes and a 14 year old girl in a fucking bikini parading around with a sniper gun. FAN-FUCKING-SERVICE!
And if anyone is reading this, GET THIS, the first episode the main char, si-dick-face(simon) falls, IN A MID-AIR-FALL-BY-THE-WAY- into some girls CHEST. IS THIS what you guys want with your lives? To live vicariously through crappy sexual jokes and silly humour.

Do you wonder why someone asks you why you like that show, all you can slap together is "Epic"? Because you guys are fucking cockroaches, you don't understand how to think, you can't even comprehend this damn sentence. "EPIC" "ENJOYED" I'm am tired of this bullshit reason, and so fucking what it's number 1, so is fucking Britney Spears.

Being number one ranked has nothing to do with "greatness". And masterpiece? You stupid shits think some show that doesn't even try to make coherent sense and uses archtype characters is a "masterpiece". Listen, DISNEY films would school this shit into the ground. MASTERPIECE, I spit on the floor, that's your masterpiece.

I really hope you guys become garbage men, you get to deal with "masterpeices" every fucking day. GOD, and this little pompus has the balls to mention "bad endings" no, because you can't COMPREHEND the ending, doesn't make it bad, I've not seen "gantz" but judging from your other two anime choices, I'm sure it was a DAMN GOOD ENDING, but you're just a giant fucktard, I hope someone uses your ass as decoy in an invasion, put you lame ass to use.

GOD can people like this even THINK? NEWSFLASH guys, when you actually age beyond one digit, you'll be among us. "BELIEVE IN YOU WHO BELIEVES IN YOU!"

And what the fuck is with you guys and this "coming to age" crap, how many crap shows do we have see of some boy gaining insight into his OWN WILL POWER. IT's so predictable. I had to force myself to watch every single episode, and half the time i was chatting on msn laughing at the utter shit of it. "Good moment" I can name TWO good moments, and they lasted 5 fucking seconds. WHEN it ended and when I fucking deleted the shit and removed all the links off surf my channel, i aint letting no poor sap watch that garbage.

I'm embarrassed i even gave that thing 2minutes, I mean drilling? Who fucking cares, girl with a bikini, with a set of tits like a set of coconuts, who's 14? How pathetic do I have to be to enjoy such a clear fan service show?

Bring it you stupid little noob TTGL fans, you aint fucking know good shit even if i fucking blew out your head and danced in it. Damn assholes, you are whats wrong with entertainment, crappy idiots like you and your crappy choices in anime. Why don't you just find and island and make shit shows out of seashells and sand castles. I'm sure your poor plot and characters will entertain all you guys until your death.
ZeelMay 25, 2009 6:46 AM
May 25, 2009 6:56 AM

Dec 2008
I quote:

"Take your pills bro."
May 25, 2009 7:33 AM

Feb 2005
Zeel said:
RAGE
Minus point for having to make an alt account to rage with though.
THE NERVE of you to mention "berserk"
Now, I haven't even bothered seeing the Berserk anime yet, but as far as I understand, it ends with the Eclipse, so that is very much a botched cliffhanger ending to me at least, even if it was way better than Claymore's horrendously butchered ending.
Do you wonder why someone asks you why you like that show, all you can slap together is "Epic"? Because you guys are fucking cockroaches, you don't understand how to think, you can't even comprehend this damn sentence.
Granted, Epic is a severely misused word, most people does not even seem to be aware of what it really means.

But yes, I too feel this is overrated, I saw it as a fast paced mecha parody, and it delivered some entertainment, though nothing above the average. It doesn't have anywhere near the level of depth and artistry required for it to be a masterpiece as far as I am concerned.
May 25, 2009 8:38 AM
May 2009
Logic alone dictates that it's not a masterpiece, and any rating above "total fail" is overrated.

I mean what kind of "good" show has a shitty plot, shitty characters, shitty action scenes, and the only salvation you guys can come up with is "I enjoyed it veeeeery much". Yeah you enjoy it, like a baby enjoys flashing lights. Fucking idiots.
May 25, 2009 8:44 AM

Mar 2009
ttgl definitely deserves a high rating. it's not the very best thing in the world, but speaking as someone who had no interest in new anime whatsoever a year ago, i watched gurren lagann and was immediately hooked. it's a great series and, yes, it deserves at least an 8.
May 25, 2009 8:45 AM

Feb 2008
Troll be trolling.
May 25, 2009 8:46 AM
Jun 2008
LolitaDecay said:
Troll be trolling.

They see me trollin'.

May 25, 2009 8:48 AM

Jun 2008
Nicely done Zeel. Very nicely done.

formosan said:
May 25, 2009 9:17 AM
May 2009
LolitaDecay said:
Troll be trolling.

So because this show is donkey shit, i'm trolling? Pray tell why I'd troll an inactive section, on an INACTIVE topic? does that make any fucking sense to you. GOD, no wonder you like this shit-show, you probably still being bottle-fed.

Little 4chan fuckers, don't even understand the damn terms, why don't you stick to gaia or some shit, it takes minimal amount of brain there.

audiodoll said:
ttgl definitely deserves a high rating. it's not the very best thing in the world, but speaking as someone who had no interest in new anime whatsoever a year ago, i watched gurren lagann and was immediately hooked. it's a great series and, yes, it deserves at least an 8.

TTGL doesn't deserve anything except the recycling bin(exactly where I put it) there's not a single redeeming quality about that show, other than it ending. You guys need to really watch other shit before you spam "10/10" anything above 3, is just far too much.

It's like they let some 12 year old boys write and design all the characters. How can a 14 year old have a chest that'd put Pamela Anderson to shame?
May 25, 2009 9:19 AM

Dec 2008
Is it empty?
May 25, 2009 10:08 AM

Sep 2007
Zeel said:

bla bla bla

Lol
May 25, 2009 10:32 AM
May 2009
sHsIkuA said:
Zeel said:

bla bla bla

Lol

Yeah, you ain't got shit to say. Just watch your piece of dog vomit. While I keep myself entertained by something that actually took more than 15minutes in the design process.

You know the real problem with you children, is that you're actually allowed free thought, one would think you could defend your own opinion, but clearly not.

So it's fair to deduce that this show is a giant steam of "don't fucking watch" or does anyone got the balls to try and defend this?(a losing battle, i assure you)
May 25, 2009 10:44 AM

Feb 2005
Zeel said:
LolitaDecay said:
Troll be trolling.

So because this show is donkey shit, i'm trolling? Pray tell why I'd troll an inactive section, on an INACTIVE topic? does that make any fucking sense to you. GOD, no wonder you like this shit-show, you probably still being bottle-fed.
I think it's because of such blatantly belligerent behaviour coming from such an obvious sockpuppet account that people call you a troll, I don't know, I'm just guessing.
audiodoll said:
That would most likely be because of it's easy accessibility and good use of peripheral persuasion stratagems though, not because of a deep plot or high quality characters.
Might be a matter of taste, but this is precisely why I separate enjoyment and quality.
May 25, 2009 10:56 AM
May 2009
Baman said:
I think it's because of such blatantly belligerent behaviour coming from such an obvious sockpuppet account that people call you a troll, I don't know, I'm just guessing.

That's funny to hear from a member from this bullshit forum, I read the previous pages, and it was nothing but ttgl humping, so I guess if I'm on the opposite ends it's suddenly "belligerent"? And just to inform, you seem to think I'm an "alt", let me just tell you i found this bullshit topic ON google, wait, let me be clear, MY friend found it on google,linked it to me, on MSN. And so I decided, several assholes needed to hear reality. But, Go on there buddy, I'm sure an "alt" is a feasible assumption.

Except, why would I need to make an alt to express my opinions on a topic, ABOUT opinions?

WHY would ANY member be treading through old topics and DECIDE "let me make an alt" why don't you stick to whatever the hell you do best, and leave the logic to me.
May 25, 2009 11:00 AM

Dec 2008
Answer my question.
May 25, 2009 11:07 AM
May 2009
Pineappledishes said:
Answer my question.

I fucked your mother last night.
May 25, 2009 11:10 AM

Feb 2005
Zeel said:
That's funny to hear from a member from this bullshit forum, I read the previous pages, and it was nothing but ttgl humping, so I guess if I'm on the opposite ends it's suddenly "belligerent"? And just to inform, you seem to think I'm an "alt", let me just tell you i found this bullshit topic ON google, wait, let me be clear, MY friend found it on google,linked it to me, on MSN. And so I decided, several assholes needed to hear reality. But, Go on there buddy, I'm sure an "alt" is a feasible assumption.

Except, why would I need to make an alt to express my opinions on a topic, ABOUT opinions?

WHY would ANY member be treading through old topics and DECIDE "let me make an alt" why don't you stick to whatever the hell you do best, and leave the logic to me.
Good show, sir.
Your belligerence, as you no doubt understand comes from your behaviour, not your opinion.

Obviously, it is feasible to assume you are an alt, as you seem to have created your account for the sole reason of bashing something with an added offensive demeanour for which your normal account might have been banned.
your reason for reviving an old thread would probably be to start a shitstorm and reap some lulz?
But no matter, I might be wrong, who cares, though if you continue your flaming, someone might report you eventually, if you really want to bash this series, I'd suggest you do it with less explosive language directed against other members and use more energy to formulate a comprehensive account of what exactly it is you dislike with this series, that tends to generate a better response, and you might even make some of the TTGL humpers reconsider their position.
Troll rages are also cheap peripheral persuasion stratagems, not much better than the very thing you loathe.
May 25, 2009 11:12 AM

Dec 2008
Zeel said:
Pineappledishes said:
Answer my question.

I fucked your mother last night.

Well, if you're going to be like that! 8D
May 25, 2009 11:27 AM
May 2009
Baman said:
Good show, sir.
Your belligerence, as you no doubt understand comes from your behaviour, not your opinion.

Obviously, it is feasible to assume you are an alt, as you seem to have created your account for the sole reason of bashing something with an added offensive demeanour for which your normal account might have been banned.
your reason for reviving an old thread would probably be to start a shitstorm and reap some lulz?
But no matter, I might be wrong, who cares, though if you continue your flaming, someone might report you eventually, if you really want to bash this series, I'd suggest you do it with less explosive language directed against other members and use more energy to formulate a comprehensive account of what exactly it is you dislike with this series, that tends to generate a better response, and you might even make some of the TTGL humpers reconsider their position.
Troll rages are also cheap peripheral persuasion stratagems, not much better than the very thing you loathe.

And why exactly do i have to be a "troll' to hate on this Anime?
There's been too much asslickers for me to be nice about it, they need to hear what and why it sucks, no beating around the bush, that's why there was even an arguement to begin with. had I posted first page, this shit would of been over. But no, we let them slide with their piss poor defense
"EPIIICC!!!"
God, just reading over one of their defenses is like hitting my head against the keyboard to try and write an elaborate counter.

THAT AINT A DEFENSE YOU RETARD, if you don't know why you "LIKE" it, it's because it's the fucking FANSERVICE, you ENJOY LIVING VICARIOUSLY THOUGH SOME LITTLE 14 YEAR OLD SHIT, who's a pansy, but somehow gets the girl. Fuck your show, maybe when you get a girlfriend you wont find crap like this "EXCITING"

And for god sakes, "EPIC" what is this the stone-age, who uses epic anymore, except in a complete parody of the total stupidity of the phrase? Oh wait, who am I dealing with, people who think "lol simon is a spiral of emotions, rofl" there's no deeper meaning in the show that you don't have to dig out with a heavily contrived shovel.
May 25, 2009 11:32 AM

Dec 2008
It ain't easy having no life.
May 25, 2009 11:37 AM

Jan 2008
GURREN LAGANN IS EPIC!
AND IT'S NOT OVERRATED!
IT'S FUCKIN AWESOME!
IF YOU DON'T LIKE GURREN LAGANN, THEN YOU'RE A GAYASS!
CODE GEASS IS FUCKIN AWESOME TOO!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Too much sexism and homophobia here, I feel bad

Dije - May 10

23 by KayKimii »»
May 10, 9:40 AM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

accela - Sep 29, 2007

1152 by LinaThePotion »»
Apr 25, 5:01 PM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Krelian - Apr 25, 2007

204 by Trash_Monkeyy »»
Apr 16, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

windy - Aug 19, 2007

174 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 1, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TheWestExit - Aug 6, 2007

217 by AbyssGundyr »»
Mar 31, 5:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.