Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Isekai de Cheat Skill wo Te ni Shita Ore wa, Genjitsu Sekai wo mo Musou Suru: Level Up wa Jinsei wo Kaeta Episode 3 Discussion

I Got a Cheat Skill in Another World and Became Unrivaled in The Real World, Too (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Apr 24, 2023 3:02 AM
Nov 2018
@superdubes reported for posting spoilers. Have you read the forum rules? You know there are forum rules, right? Read the forum rules.
Apr 24, 2023 3:10 AM
Jan 2018
Hegar said:
@superdubes reported for posting spoilers. Have you read the forum rules? You know there are forum rules, right? Read the forum rules.

How is any of what I posted a spoiler. I literally only talked about generalities and what occurred in the episode.
Apr 24, 2023 3:11 AM
Nov 2018
Ikano said:
Can I first just say, I applaud that princess having the nerve to go back to that "dangerous forest" just to trigger another encounter with Yuuya and then asking to marry him... I feel bad for those knights getting their butts kicked but idk...I just LOLED.

Ok but back in "normal world" why is plot going into a "BATTLE OF THE MODELING AGENCIES" direction? Whatever happened to school slice-of-life that that OP hinted at? ....I hope this 'modeling' plot line is not seriously focused on cuz personally I'm watching this anime for the fantasy stuff with school life spin....modeling world should be left for different anime (one that doesn't focus on looks for instance? idk....)

On another note...the art/animation is going DOWN real fast....I felt a lot of awkward cuts and freezes in this episode than any episode so far. And I don't mean the CG-fight scenes or whatever, THEY still bug me too, though there wasn't that many in this ep
...but even the non CG ones...

most notably from this episode:

I don't even........
Do they seriously NOT have anyone checking the animation before it airs or something?

edit: Although...I guess if I stare at it LONG enough my brain convinces me it's NOT weird like it's some illusion but c'mon....
Yes, the princess going back into the monster forest was a bit.... And they let her? And people die because of it.

It's interesting to see isekai that splits the time between the real world and the other world, it's more difficult to write and so most stay away from it. However:

One thing I don't like is that so much of the story depends on enormous coincidences. He happens to finally leave his isekai home at the EXACT MOMENT a woman is attacked. Nearby. And not just any woman, but the princess, who he saves.

Well, okay. Just once.

But - before that he also happened to walk by exactly when a girl was being threatened in the street, and he saves her. And she isn't just any woman either, but the daughter of the principal in the elite school.

And - he happens to walk by when a photoshoot needs a new star.

That is all on top of him being given magic power for free. Now, consider how easy it would be to write this in a better way. He gets the magic power, which makes him successful and handsome. This brings him to some city-wide school event, where when he goes outside, the principal's daughter is attacked. In the fantasy world, he roams an uninhabited area looking for monsters, finds a road that he follows to a more inhabited area, where he saves the princess. Back in the real world, he is now in the elite school and they are hosting a fashion event, where he is spotted.

Just like that the encounters are less random and follow from him getting his powers and exploring the possibilities. Rather than "he happened to stumble on three situations that most people would never encounter out of the blue in a lifetime."
Apr 24, 2023 3:37 AM
Nov 2018
felixsifuri said:
I can't help but think this episode was wasted on presenting the modelling world in an unrealistically positive light instead of showing off cool fantasy fights. I do, however, somewhat appreciate that they are giving some attention to what's happining in the "real" world instead of focusing solely on the fantasy one.
Your view of the modeling world is shaped by media feminists. The modeling world is almost always just an ordinary line of work. Then sometimes it can be bad, just like there are bad colleagues when you're stacking boxes in a grocery store or work in an office.

It is ironic that in the same sentence, you talk about fighting being cool, as if THAT wouldn't be unrealistic. If you'd get cut by a knife or had your jaw broken by a fist, you'd be of a different opinion.

But we don't want to see realistic fights, we want to see unrealistic fights. In a realistic fight the protagonist would e.g. agonize over a bone in his hand that never settled right, for the rest of his life. Speaking of realism, that isn't the only thing that is unrealistic in AN ISEKAI.
Apr 24, 2023 3:47 AM
Nov 2018
superdubes said:
Hegar said:

How is any of what I posted a spoiler. I literally only talked about generalities and what occurred in the episode.
"It isn't a spoiler when it's fun for me to show that I've read it!"

You are saying what will happen in the future. If I have to explain this: If what you are revealing depends on you having read future events in the manga, because you wouldn't know it otherwise, then what's that called? You know this.

No one wants to hear you talk about what will happen later in the story. So you've read the manga, great. You are now watching a story that you have already read, great. Me, I prefer to ditch one of those to be out in the sun, but we all have our different ways of living life. But don't use that to ruin the story for other people.

"But it was just a general ruining of the story!"

You didn't say how he ties his shoelaces and how many steps he takes while going through the story, you just gave the general spoilers. If only you could write the spoiler rules to your liking, right? No. No one wants to hear you reveal anything about what will happen.
Apr 24, 2023 3:51 AM
Jan 2018
You need to take a chill pill @hegar seriously. I'm not bragging about reading anything. If your sensitivity to spoilers is literally someone stating the obvious if you even just watched the opening then I dont know what to tell you.
Apr 24, 2023 3:55 AM

Apr 2022
Hegar said:
It is ironic that in the same sentence, you talk about fighting being cool, as if THAT wouldn't be unrealistic.
Well yes, I can distinguish between a show trying to portray something real vs fantasy, and I can judge both these things separately. 

Hegar said:
If you'd get cut by a knife or had your jaw broken by a fist, you'd be of a different opinion.

But we don't want to see realistic fights, we want to see unrealistic fights. In a realistic fight the protagonist would e.g. agonize over a bone in his hand that never settled right, for the rest of his life.
Are you ok?
Apr 24, 2023 9:27 AM
Feb 2020
beautiful i love it
Apr 24, 2023 12:38 PM
Oct 2019
The anime is so cringy it's hard to watch.
Apr 24, 2023 3:54 PM
Jun 2021
How is this becoming worse every episode?!
Apr 24, 2023 6:50 PM
Sep 2010
Man does this show take the cake on wish fulfillment. Animation is ok and the character design is quite good however, you cannot take anything from the story seriously. GG go next
Apr 25, 2023 7:02 AM
Oct 2017
big boy>>>fress boy \\ultimat csit skill lvl10000000000\\\ isekai\\ :_M)
Apr 25, 2023 8:55 AM
Jun 2012
5/5 This was a nice episode of fluff for the main.
Apr 25, 2023 10:32 PM
Feb 2020
this episode extends episode two well, by continuing to show how the changes from the isekai world are letting him enjoy life in the real world.
Apr 26, 2023 3:53 AM
Apr 2023
Best anime 2023, I can't wait for the next episode to be released
Apr 26, 2023 8:51 AM
Jan 2023
It was predictable.
Looks like MC is going to create a harem of his own
Apr 26, 2023 10:09 PM

Sep 2022
The real model that was late really had it coming. The guy was a stalker, drunk. late to do the shoot, and was being forceful towards Miu about hanging out with him. Thankfully, Yuuya stepped him and served that guy right.
Apr 27, 2023 4:27 AM
Jun 2017
beautiful animation cannot redeem this cringe, god-awful story. its a braindead power-fantasy
Apr 30, 2023 9:34 AM

May 2009
darwin_dracula said:
shit, doesn’t follow manga and skips

Because LNshit is source material, not the manga.
May 2, 2023 3:48 PM
Jan 2023
This anime had a great set up, and completely massacred any plot or potential.

The anime starts with a protagonist who is bullied for his weight but has a good heart, and does good deeds without expecting something back. He is pretty average in intellect and any skills, but his personality makes him likable to the viewer, and the setup is fairly emotional. He travels to a new world where he is now capable at fighting, and can earn money to improve his life in the real world.

I thought that he would be 'attractive' in the isekai world and remain the same in the normal world. I was excited to see how him succeeding in the isekai world would change his relationships and build his confidence, and overall just change how he reacts with the normal world.

Unfortunately, any progressive or interesting plot was cut out, as he immediately became conventionally attractive in both worlds. There is not one background character who does NOT look at him whilst blushing intensely. It's as if the lead writer was planning on making a heart-pulling story about self-love or something, and then they dropped out and they hired a harem fanfic writer to finish the plot. It's just a shame as the first episode had potential, and it crumpled so quickly.

If you love watching attractive anime guys be swooned over then this anime is perfect for you, but I'll be giving this one a miss.
May 3, 2023 6:41 PM
Apr 2017
ok,this is chris-chan levels of self insert fanfic...
but the design is holding up,animatio is still kinda shit.
this is so shallow and empty it feels like bad fanfic.
May 6, 2023 2:45 PM

Oct 2012
Looks like this series might be more wholesome than I originally thought.

The story is not really that special but the execution and Yuuya character interactions are. Somehow Matsuoka fits his character to the point.
May 8, 2023 7:33 PM
Jan 2021
Yuuya got that rizz my dude. All the girls that see him instantly fall in love with him.

We got Kaori, Miyu, and Lexia, along with the random girls who saw him in the mall.

Once we learned that Shou was late to a modeling shoot and the fact that throughout the series so far, every girl has asked if Yuuya is a model, I knew that the recruit would find Yuuya and he'd do some modeling. I wish that Yuuya accepted the modeling contract, but I can understand his feelings behind the matter. But now there's a different agency that wants to recruit him before anyone else has a chance.

I had a feeling that Lexia developed feelings for Yuuya, but I didn't think she would go out of her way to put herself in danger just so that Yuuya would come and save her again. I also didn't expect her to instant propose to him either. I thought at minimum she would ask for his name.

I'm excited for more, and onto Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch!
May 9, 2023 2:22 AM

Oct 2019
the guy must have turned into the worlds most handsome man alive cuz everyone looks at him like hes not even from earth 🤨
and what kind of woman ask's a man she never even meet before to marry him the second she sees him 

i can already tell its going to be the clasic anime where the MC gets everything he ever dreamed of by not even lifting a finger.
May 12, 2023 11:12 PM
May 2020
from a photoshoot to getting asked to get married, tis the new life of yuuya
May 13, 2023 1:24 AM
Apr 2013
Anyway ep 3

EDIT: For better or worse every ep feels very disjointed from each other
May 13, 2023 3:37 AM

Feb 2021
If He become a model, it's gonna be awesome :)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 13, 2023 4:04 AM
Nov 2021
bruh this is infuriating. no struggle and no apparent goal this show has no reason to continue yet there is still like 9 episodes left i dont get it
May 15, 2023 11:24 AM
May 2018
Cringe af and harem lead
May 17, 2023 12:28 AM

Nov 2009
BTW, I just realized that no one from the old school is acting up about Yuuya's sudden change from Chubby to Ikemen... I wonder if they were all "silenced" by the elite school... hmm...

(such as reporting the incident to media, since they DO have past AND current pictures of Yuuya)

Fashion girl is a true model, tho I am pretty sure she can get "close" is cause of MC's current physique, LOL.

Meanwhile in the other world... the Princess is trying to find the MC.

And then the real male model shows up... and tried to punch the MC... except MC's Spiderman agility activates and easily saw his movement in slow motion, LOL

But hey, MC got free cloth at the end, good for him, that was his original goal in going shopping.

And then... we go back to the otherworld where he ends up saving the poor soldiers yet again. And the Princess instantly asks for marriage like a generic Princess do in old fashioned RPG anime... lol

BTW, so the otherworld speaks Japanese huh... cause they never mentioned any sort of "translation skill or ability" back when they showed Yuuya's status.

Plus, the "money conversion" directly changes to Japanese Yen and not "US dollar" (which is the current top currency in our world, you would think money conversion would go to the most value)

Meanwhile again... we go back to the Earth world where bunch of model agency is now doing a head-hunt to track down the MC...

Also, back to the fight at the end... why did MC swing the sword like he's "swagging" with one arm... couldn't swing the sword properly huh... (gotta show off to the lady, yup)
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jun 6, 2023 6:02 AM
Mar 2021
Most unrealistic anime trope experience
Jun 10, 2023 9:45 AM
Mar 2023
The appearance of the characters is at a very high level in this anime if it reaches the right audience.
Jun 18, 2023 12:56 AM
Dec 2022
Yuuya was roped in to be a stand-in male model playing the boyfriend opposite Miu-san when the hired model, Shou turned up late for the photo shoot in the mall where Yuuya was shopping for new clothes. Shou turned up, harrassing Miu-san and was defeated by Yuuya when he tried to punch him.

The lady which is a princess that Yuuya rescued in the forest was in trouble again when she went back to look for him. Even with her bodyguards, they were overwhelmed by goblins. Yuuya resuced the party and the princess Lexia proposed marriage to Yuuya.
Jul 1, 2023 5:14 AM

Sep 2012
at the end, a real bomb went off (will u marry me) lol
Jul 1, 2023 10:39 AM
Nov 2022
Este isekai ni bueno ni malo, el prota esta bien y tiene un diseño que es mas original que el promedio de los protas del isekai, pero aun asi la historia lentamente se vuelve lo mismo de siempre,veo que todo se resolvio, y que en ese mundo es vuelvete guapo o no seras tratado como humano.

Jul 2, 2023 4:17 PM

Feb 2015
I enjoy what it's trying to do.
But it has issues others already mentioned.

Sound. It's surprisingly silent. Lots of dead air where there shouldn't be any. Music is also rather sparse.
Animation. It's almost a visual novel. That's how low the amount of animation is.

With both issues combined it's fair to say the story is held back by production. Nonetheless, the studio seems to be trying despite the low budget. And for what it's worth, the story itself is sound and not as shallow as some are accusing it of.

Yes it could add more of this and more of that. There is plenty of room for both DEPTH and EMOTION that this anime cannot reach or even touch. It cannot stand next to the great stories of anime. But nowadays you gotta respect every story that doesn't try some postmodern nonsense where the very pillars of logic and story are undermined, bcs f*ck you. The loser and victim of such experiments is always the audience.

It's okay to good so far.
AkiFosuJul 2, 2023 4:20 PM
Aug 2, 2023 10:14 AM
Aug 2023
Gostei do anime isekai ainda mas desse terceiro ep
Aug 11, 2023 2:07 PM
Jan 2023
I laughed so hard when the princess asked Yuuya to marry her. Wasn't expecting that.

And now in the normal world, even the model companies are falling for him? Not a surprise considering his looks.

The animation at times can be weird, but this show is kinda enjoyable tbh.
Aug 13, 2023 11:18 PM
Apr 2021
🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
Aug 16, 2023 2:08 AM
Jul 2023
Wow it's nice I like the episode
Sep 26, 2023 1:19 PM

Mar 2013
The artstyle really look like some high quality hentai, especialy the hair lighting
Jan 23, 5:40 AM
Jul 2014
Lol I hate the stupid princess putting all those men in danger just to meet the pretty boy.
Jun 2, 10:33 AM
Apr 2017
I love how he always be himself
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Genuine question: Who actually enjoyed this show? ( 1 2 )

KuyaC - Mar 26

72 by Dransyo »»
Aug 14, 10:48 AM

Poll: » Isekai de Cheat Skill wo Te ni Shita Ore wa, Genjitsu Sekai wo mo Musou Suru: Level Up wa Jinsei wo Kaeta Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2023

232 by bilge0209 »»
Jul 30, 12:53 AM

Poll: » Isekai de Cheat Skill wo Te ni Shita Ore wa, Genjitsu Sekai wo mo Musou Suru: Level Up wa Jinsei wo Kaeta Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2023

115 by Azuchi »»
Jul 14, 4:52 AM

Poll: » Isekai de Cheat Skill wo Te ni Shita Ore wa, Genjitsu Sekai wo mo Musou Suru: Level Up wa Jinsei wo Kaeta Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2023

242 by Azuchi »»
Jul 13, 8:44 AM

» It's so good

Zezul - Apr 24, 2023

10 by lawleagle »»
Jun 16, 10:01 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.