Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Feb 7, 2023 7:31 AM
Jan 2022
Dead on Arrival.

Grabbing popcorn and time to read both sides.
Feb 7, 2023 7:31 AM

Jan 2009

not surprising too since usually the first week is the biggest seller
Feb 7, 2023 9:20 AM

Oct 2018
Time to grab some popcorn and hop into reddit.
Feb 7, 2023 12:17 PM
May 2019
You guys really think that one of the most popular anime and ondemand show of the year will be canceled for the blu-ray sales on Japan? Happy 2003 to everyone😊
Feb 7, 2023 2:32 PM
Jan 2017
Im loving that this didn't sell that much, so i can watch all of you damn elitist cry out that other series you don't like sold more that this :D, but yeah this will still get a season 2 and 3 cause sales don't really matter to much when getting a season 2.
Feb 7, 2023 3:14 PM

Sep 2008
this entire shitshow and the director's idiocy is way more entertaining than the anime was.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Feb 7, 2023 3:48 PM
Oct 2013
For MAPPA i see only one solution, taking Ufotable's path and go full tax evasion lel.
Feb 8, 2023 9:32 AM
Jul 2018
There is some severe copium going on here. Unfortunately the people who made it prove you wrong.

""Ikuo Geso, who was in charge of the fourth episode, had already said that. 'Streaming is not enough to recover profits.'"
It was a dud and the biggest failure I have known since I started watching anime, they needed BD sales and did not get them.
Feb 8, 2023 11:00 AM

May 2016
jesus christ LMAO
Feb 8, 2023 5:35 PM
Apr 2022
Badguy_oncel said:
Ctes said:

i can easily agree to disagree, you never said we will just have to leave it at that its fine by me, if we cant argue we wont get anywhere but theres no point in just yeeling to the internet.

Blu rays can easily be explained, by perhaps they arent selling that many because they dont need to.

maybe they dont advertise or stock high amounts of blu rays, exactly because they dont need the sales like bocchi.

if you look at streaming numbers i can almost guarantee the numbers are wildly the opposite, no where did bocchi do better than csm and in no way did csm do poorly thats just a crazy statement, a series that popular earns you money there is no argueing in that.
lmao the streaming numbers are high outside Japan where they give dogshit revenue. Do you think crunchyroll is some considerate company? Crunchyroll will keep most revenue for themselves and give only fraction to studio
It is still kind of funny of how over 10+ years Crunchyroll has been in business they have like half the paying subscribers that peacock has. Which is embarassing since no one uses Peacock in the west. Also their service is ass with terrible bandwidth and constant buffering that you won't experience on Netflix or Disney+. I often have to do offline downloads and watch at work, or use a vpn to jp netflix if they have subs. At least hidive is like a fraction of the cost, has exclusive content, doesn't have the same buffering issues
Feb 8, 2023 5:54 PM
Apr 2022
LanceKelz said:
Kinda crazy that people still bring Viewership here.

CSM is a shonen anime so lot of people will jump to the hype train.  it get tons of viewership is not surprise since it's one of the most anticipated anime of 2022

BD/DVD Sales also may not important this day BUT Due to the fact that MAPPA Is the only one on Production committee, BD/DVD Is really important for them

BD/DVD are not cheap and they are mostly treated as a collection piece or a mean through which one can show their apprecation to the staff and studio which is a point that should be mentioned more often but with that in mind the expectations surrounding this release were outstanding.

BD/DVDs are intrinsically niche products targeted at the "core" of your audience (they cost quite a lot).
BD sales mantter less in this day and age where streaming reigns supreme but those numbers do reflect how the "core" audience feels about product. Does it spell doom for CSM? No, but it is something to keep in mind for future

They don't matter if you are a pre existing long running franchise that has gacha, lots of scaled figures, goods etc. They do matter if your revenue sources are limited and your production company has no publisher to bail them. Especially if you are a new show since you have no sales track record.

Anime streaming does not work the same way that streaming for Netflix original programming where everything is determined by streaming minutes. What determines a lot of anime is primarily circulation since publishers are primarily the production holders. Unless you are like mappa and become greedy and want full control.

DAL IV didn't have much streams but has gacha, high circulation, lots of figures so it gets a full adaptation. A lot of seasonal stuff like Aharen, Shikimori had decent streams yet no followup season announced. Why? New show with little backing. Lycoris is an original and a1 originals never cross like 2 cours, so there is a ceiling on its popularity. Stuff like Gurren Lagann was as popular as lycoris back in the day but you barely see figures of it now.

It is a matter of ip strength vs streams
Mar 12, 2023 8:22 PM
Nov 2020
Pakuu said:
Uh oh chainsaw sisters????
I don't feel so good...
KNY, JJK, and even that new CGDT anime bocchi the rock has at least 10x the sales...

I though we were supposed to be AOTD.
I thought this was supposed to be the second coming of Jesus Christ???
So why did we only sell 1735 BD copies???

Can someone explain please?
For all the money poured into marketing, the millions of youtube views, and the
hype that every single anituber gave for this anime, why did we fail to outsell generic isekai slave harem #576???

I am worried about season 2...
I think i'm going to huff on some copium now...
Holy mother of based and cgimanpilled
"I can't trust a website where csm is rated higher than hxh"
- Akira Toriyama

Apr 17, 6:30 AM
Apr 2024
Reply to Spoopy69
Fluffygreygrass said:
lmaoo lycoris recoil bd sales were like 30k in first week

yep lycoris got more sales than demon slayer, spy x family, etc... does this mean it's more popular? definetely not. demon slayer is pretty much the biggest franchise in japan, shows with moe characters tend to sell a lot of blu ray because otaku's buy them. But shows like demon slayer make more money on things like merch and streaming. Even tho lycoris beat demon slayer in blu ray sales, demon slayer earned a LOOOOT more money, so comparing blu-ray sales is pretty dumb.
@Spoopy69 lycoris recoil only has inflated blu ray sales cuz it was a yuri bait show. So it's audience, notably women bought the blu rays in mass. Hikikomori is a big problem with men in japan so they cannot splurge on blu rays.

Witch from mercury also had inflated blu rays sales. But /u/ didn't touch the model kits which bandai pays far more attention. Cuz bandai is a toy company first and foremost. So bandai shoved wfm in a corner for gundam seed.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 27, 2022

995 by LuffyHammock94 »»
Jun 18, 11:17 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 6, 2022

583 by LuffyHammock94 »»
Jun 18, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 29, 2022

1018 by LuffyHammock94 »»
Jun 18, 11:13 AM

» Manga art is bad ( 1 2 )

jooohnny_j - Nov 25, 2022

69 by 876_him »»
Jun 18, 8:40 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 20, 2022

390 by jojoham »»
Jun 17, 8:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.