Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Eminence in Shadow (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Nov 2, 2022 8:51 PM

Jan 2013
PSinha said:
Most of the episode seemed to be played completely straight. Where was the funny?
It's not always supposed to be funny, Cid can be pretty cool if you like crazy OP protagonists. They butchered the joke with Alexia though.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Nov 2, 2022 8:57 PM

Jan 2013
makkenr95 said:
viperhc said:
Ok this was over the top but I guess that is how this anime will go. I think Cid could've killed Zenon without that atomic explosion that appeared to have wiped out part of the city (how many innocent bystanders died from that? Yeah I'm probably overthinking that.)

Nope you are not overthinking. It was just very bad writing. extremely over the top and goes against everything the character is said to represent and be. Just very bad. Not hating the series. I like the concept but its just so... bad...
I don't think you understand what he's supposed to represent, he isn't some altruistic hero, not by a long shot. He already told Alexia he's the type of person who doesn't care if a million people were suddenly wiped out in another country. The anime has given you more than enough context to realize he's a psychopathic chuuinbyu, and that's largely what makes him so great, but it's not for everyone.
LostSpectreNov 2, 2022 9:19 PM
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Nov 2, 2022 9:00 PM

May 2017
Wasn't expecting this quality of production. Music is beautiful too. What an amazing series. They went all out.
Kazuma Desu
Nov 2, 2022 9:00 PM
Oct 2022
Omfg that's freaking good bruuhhhhh🔥

The last scene got me laughing bro is a GIGACHAD
Nov 2, 2022 9:02 PM

Mar 2007
Wow, I am Atomic! So cool.

Then he says "no" to continuing the relationship with the princess. Rookie mistake!
Nov 2, 2022 9:05 PM
Oct 2022
The terrorist take over the school arc is already here i can't damn wait for Cid death scene" and his real thoughts about life 🔥
Nov 2, 2022 9:09 PM

Jan 2013
FiddlePie said:
Finnn2703 said:

That’s probably his blood… She sliced him out of anger due to the rejection

By why would she slice him due to rejection? They’re just a fake couple nothing more
In the LN he gives her the finger and tells her to go fuck herself (more or less) so it's funny she tries to kill him, in the anime he just says no. lol
Nov 2, 2022 9:13 PM

Jul 2022
If someone watched this without watching episodes 1 to 4, they would think this is the edgiest, most chunni shit ever made.
Nov 2, 2022 9:19 PM

Jan 2022
I AM ATOMIC. That was a great fight scene holy crap. Genuinely excited to see more of the girls, as they're basically running the operation.
Nov 2, 2022 9:28 PM
Mar 2018
I AM ATOMIC!!

I've been waiting for them to adapt this scene and boi did the scene send chills down my spine.
Nov 2, 2022 9:33 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
I AM ATOMIC!!!~

I was laughing so hard from this episode. A completely epic episode execution and voice actor skills. \o/
Nov 2, 2022 9:36 PM

Jan 2013
Luxeraph said:
Ok, another episode like this and its a drop, the whole episode was delivered with such a straight face it felt like it was taken from any of the hundred of OP protagonist isekai shows out there, the highlight of the episode came a bit too late since I was already half asleep and then the senseless destruction of a good chunk of the city took most out of what was good cringy fun.

Was really hoping this show would be a comedy poking fun at isekai and chuunis but at this rate it'll turn into the very thing it set out to poke fun at.
It's both, it's always been both. It is making fun of Cid and some other isekai tropes, and he's also OP and can be kind of a badass.
Nov 2, 2022 9:45 PM

Jan 2017
Honestly, if you didn't like this episode, you have very low T.
鬼に逢うては鬼を斬る
仏に逢うては仏を斬る
ツルギの理ここに在り
Nov 2, 2022 10:06 PM
Nov 2022
One of the best ultimate move scenes I've seen. Gave me goosebumps.
Nov 2, 2022 10:47 PM
Jul 2022
Looks like nobody, noticed this or isn't talking about this but here's a little detail

The Monster in this episode was the daughter of the guy cid fought in ep 2 (from the pendant they both dropped and also from the manga)
Which is why alpha said that princess iris was making her suffer more, tho she's free now
Nov 2, 2022 11:04 PM

Jul 2020
these last two episodes were really good, a major improvement over the first ones
Nov 3, 2022 12:51 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
"If I don't want to be vaporized in a nuclear explosion.... I simply have to BECOME NUCLEAR MYSELF!"

who tf wrote this.....

....because it's f*cking awesome

NYANPASU
5700XT

Nov 3, 2022 1:40 AM
Jan 2015
amazing, just great, yes
Nov 3, 2022 2:31 AM
Nov 2019
makkenr95 said:
MCHKenshin said:

had to go through 5 mins of work just to correct your one point , what is my life coming to

He still destroyed the life of all those people living there by destroying their homes, workplaces, infrastructure to the city, military in the area. Its just bad writing and over the top execution for no reason and going against what the main character is trying to do. just bad...

He doesn't care about those things lol. He is not trying to become hero he just trying to having some fun.
Nov 3, 2022 2:35 AM
Sep 2020
Boring. I had to speed up 1.5x to watch.
Nov 3, 2022 3:14 AM
Sep 2019
The way how Zenon is humiliated is so damn funny.

1. Zenon arrogantly boasts that he's one of the top dogs only for when he tries to take Shadow down with one strike, Shadow dodges it, and so easily too. Then, bored Shadow asks where is the top dog? All that talk and no bark.

2. He tries to put in more power but Shadow just blocks the attacks with simple technique followed by elbowing him to the ground. What's even funny is how Shadow just casually walks behind Zenon as if Zenon's like a passerby. The aggressor can't even get pass the defense. Then, Shadow forces the so-called prodigy to his knees by a single strike.

3. When Zenon turns into a mutant is where things got really bad. Zenon is powered by the power of Diablos and yet all his enhancements still didn't touch Shadow. Shadow forsakes his sword and uses his hand-to-hand combat techniques to once more knock his ass down.

4. Finally, Zenon got a chance to hit Shadow and his sword got destroyed. Zenon was beaten physically and mentally.
Nov 3, 2022 3:25 AM

Jun 2020
viperhc said:
Ok this was over the top but I guess that is how this anime will go. I think Cid could've killed Zenon without that atomic explosion that appeared to have wiped out part of the city (how many innocent bystanders died from that? Yeah I'm probably overthinking that.)

I was a bit surprised that Cid dumped Alexia and I'm guessing that was Cid's blood on the wall? In other words, I'm assuming Alexia got so mad that she attacked Cid and Cid took the hit and maybe healed himself afterwards? I believe it was said that no one was missing so I doubt it was Alexia's blood. It looks like Iris, Alexia's sister, knows that there are some traitors in the school since she had two of her trusted guys join an investigation team. Lastly, Cid needs to get himself cleaned up and I'm curious who the new girl is.

I don't think it was a surprise Cid dumped Alexia anyway. Alexia wanted a relationship with him because she wanted to break away her engagement with Zenon, and dating Cid , a below par guy, seemed a good choice for her. Cid didn't broke up right after hearing that because he wanted to play the role of a ordinary mob character and do what he was told to. But now he had a choice and Alexia no more needed Cid for a reason , so Cid who had no interest in Alexia (till now; I have not read the LN so I dont know what happens later), broke up with her.
Nov 3, 2022 3:50 AM
Oct 2019
stop changing a comedy manga to some gorefest bullshit
Nov 3, 2022 5:02 AM
Feb 2020
viperhc said:

I was a bit surprised that Cid dumped Alexia and I'm guessing that was Cid's blood on the wall? In other words, I'm assuming Alexia got so mad that she attacked Cid and Cid took the hit and maybe healed himself afterwards? I believe it was said that no one was missing so I doubt it was Alexia's blood. It looks like Iris, Alexia's sister, knows that there are some traitors in the school since she had two of her trusted guys join an investigation team. Lastly, Cid needs to get himself cleaned up and I'm curious who the new girl is.

idon't think she's dead beacause she would be reported missing
Nov 3, 2022 5:16 AM
Jul 2020
Miraikane said:
makkenr95 said:

He still destroyed the life of all those people living there by destroying their homes, workplaces, infrastructure to the city, military in the area. Its just bad writing and over the top execution for no reason and going against what the main character is trying to do. just bad...

oh yeah, battle between Mob vs Tsuzuki in MP100 killed many people, destroyed building, throwing the building, workplaces and many more.

Ichigo vs Aizen too like that.

and many more series like that, why you complain about that just for this series, make your statement in that series too and come here.

none of those other cases were as unnecessarily destructive as this one to kill a person that was an ant compared to the main char
Nov 3, 2022 5:18 AM
Jul 2020
EdgyLord666 said:
makkenr95 said:

Nope you are not overthinking. It was just very bad writing. extremely over the top and goes against everything the character is said to represent and be. Just very bad. Not hating the series. I like the concept but its just so... bad...

It is supposed to be over the top because the mc is a parody character and definitely not a good guy.

yes i agree. but things can be bad even if it is a parody and meant to be over the top
Nov 3, 2022 5:19 AM
Jul 2020
LostSpectre said:
makkenr95 said:

I don't think you understand what he's supposed to represent, he isn't some altruistic hero, not by a long shot. He already told Alexia he's the type of person who doesn't care if a million people were suddenly wiped out in another country. The anime has given you more than enough context to realize he's a psychopathic chuuinbyu, and that's largely what makes him so great, but it's not for everyone.

yes i believe you are right. but its still bad
Nov 3, 2022 5:21 AM
Jul 2020
Blue_Reaper7 said:
makkenr95 said:

He doesn't care about those things lol. He is not trying to become hero he just trying to having some fun.

i get that vibe too now. this series is definitely be not for me
Nov 3, 2022 5:29 AM

Dec 2016
Great great great!!
Nov 3, 2022 6:26 AM

Feb 2022
makkenr95 said:
Miraikane said:

oh yeah, battle between Mob vs Tsuzuki in MP100 killed many people, destroyed building, throwing the building, workplaces and many more.

Ichigo vs Aizen too like that.

and many more series like that, why you complain about that just for this series, make your statement in that series too and come here.

none of those other cases were as unnecessarily destructive as this one to kill a person that was an ant compared to the main char

dont know what do you mean ?
Nov 3, 2022 6:28 AM

Feb 2022
makkenr95 said:
Blue_Reaper7 said:

i get that vibe too now. this series is definitely be not for me

i dont know, why you still watch if you dont like this anime ? this is already 5 episode you know.

again, it's so easy for me to stay away from anime I don't like.
Nov 3, 2022 6:32 AM
Sep 2020
??????????????????????????????????
Nov 3, 2022 7:34 AM
Mar 2019
I AM ATOMIC!!!! CHILLS!!!
Nov 3, 2022 7:41 AM

Oct 2016
There is only one thing to say about this episode. It. Is. A t o m i c.
Nov 3, 2022 8:26 AM
Oct 2022
I AM ATOMIC, in the middle of a city kills a shit ton of people, respect
Nov 3, 2022 8:50 AM

Feb 2022
Retr0Fiora said:
I AM ATOMIC, in the middle of a city kills a shit ton of people, respect

all citizens in that area have been evacuated

Nov 3, 2022 8:57 AM
Oct 2022
I know, let me have my giggles
Nov 3, 2022 9:10 AM

Jun 2015
Lmao this scene is more funnier on anime
Nov 3, 2022 9:29 AM

Feb 2013
This episode, episode had had two pretty light shows, Action was a bit better too. Some nice music too. Clearly they put some work into it.
Nov 3, 2022 9:35 AM
Sep 2020
i am atomic lol asmr cringe
Nov 3, 2022 10:58 AM
Oct 2022
Great. Lots of action and it showed a taste of Shadows true powers/capabilities
Nov 3, 2022 11:03 AM
Feb 2019
"I am Atomic!"

I never laughed so much!!!

That was yesterday, and I'm still laughing.
Nov 3, 2022 11:40 AM
Jul 2020
Why did he nuke the city? He killed innocent civilians and obliterated that part causing heavy financial damages. He didn’t have to do that to save Alexia. Also his maids are so edgy that it’s cringe and forceful. Also the fights weren’t any interesting.
Overall a boring and forceful episode, well at least he rejected her and didn’t keep being a gold digger.
Nov 3, 2022 12:04 PM

Jul 2022
didn't expect that weird asmr atomic thing
but he become nuclear bomb nice
Nov 3, 2022 12:12 PM
Jan 2021
My gawd, that was an entertaining episode!! "I am..." Epic.
Nov 3, 2022 12:33 PM

Nov 2011
Robin0910 said:
Why did he nuke the city? He killed innocent civilians and obliterated that part causing heavy financial damages. He didn’t have to do that to save Alexia. Also his maids are so edgy that it’s cringe and forceful. Also the fights weren’t any interesting.
Overall a boring and forceful episode, well at least he rejected her and didn’t keep being a gold digger.

1. Because he's a chuuni edgelord whose fetish is to be stupidly strong and over the top. How are people not getting thos 5 episodes into the show?!
2. Did you not see the part where the knights say that all the civilians in that area had been evacuated?
3.Those aren't his maids. /)_=
Nov 3, 2022 12:54 PM

Oct 2018
"atomic" episode ^^
Nov 3, 2022 12:59 PM

Apr 2022
He is atomic, alright. I love how Shadow can just vaporise a neighbourhood. This series is going better than I expected, and this is easily my favourite episode so far!
Nov 3, 2022 2:09 PM

Aug 2017
Who knew that becoming atomic would blow up a huge chunk of town.

And what's up with all the blood splatter afterward when Cid rejects Alexia's confession?
Did she not want to get rejected or what?

Nov 3, 2022 2:29 PM

Oct 2021
makkenr95 said:
EdgyLord666 said:

It is supposed to be over the top because the mc is a parody character and definitely not a good guy.

yes i agree. but things can be bad even if it is a parody and meant to be over the top

This is a dark comedy, it should've been clear from the 1st episode where the mc let his classmate get kidnapped first before saving her.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2023

752 by MR_KHORSHID »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2022

402 by UmbralBahamut »»
Jun 13, 10:42 PM

» Hyped for the Movie!!?

Apratim - May 26

37 by RedCobra76 »»
Jun 8, 2:53 AM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2022

734 by KeepCalmAndMal »»
Jun 3, 5:59 PM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2023

259 by PrimeX »»
May 28, 9:11 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.