Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Sep 14, 2021 10:49 PM
Jul 2016
Veldora doing Kamehameha is hilarious.

By the way, Clayman is very weak. Even the clown say he is weaker than them. No suprise he was defeated easily.
Sep 14, 2021 10:55 PM
Nov 2019
Dinxama said:
Does anypoe feel like the fight with Clayman is so one-sided that is boring?I understand that we want to see him get shit on but like the fight is so one-sided that i feel disastisfied with how it went

And the Millim wasn't controlled and Carion is still alive is lik an ass-pulled plot twist
clayman still isn’t defeated dude u not see the end creds?
Sep 14, 2021 11:00 PM
Dec 2020
frozenduck74 said:
Dinxama said:
Does anypoe feel like the fight with Clayman is so one-sided that is boring?I understand that we want to see him get shit on but like the fight is so one-sided that i feel disastisfied with how it went

And the Millim wasn't controlled and Carion is still alive is lik an ass-pulled plot twist

I saw it,it doesnt change that the fight sucks
Sep 14, 2021 11:01 PM
Nov 2019
Dinxama said:
frozenduck74 said:

I saw it,it doesnt change that the fight sucks
the fight isn’t over tho
Sep 14, 2021 11:01 PM
Jul 2018
Not Veldora with those legendary references. 😆😆😆

Loved all of the awesome sound effects during the Shion vs. Clayman fight.

Takehito Koyasu is the MVP of this episode, SUCH a fantastic seiyuu as usual!
Sep 14, 2021 11:03 PM
Nov 2019
Dinxama said:
EsQueue said:
To those that are complaining and are enraged about this episode. Do what I do, when I am starting to hate an anime, I simply quit watching it. I do sometimes post a message saying why I quit but that's part of the reason why these forums exist.

Someone here typed that this is the worst Isekai anime he has ever watched. If you continue watching the anime, you would be a complete fool in my honest opinion. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and have a right to post it here but why torment yourself wasting time on something you don't like? I've dropped many anime on the last few episodes. There is no reason to force yourself to watch something because you've already invested a said amount of time.

Its not a bad isekai
The Clayman beatdown feel unsastisfied bc how one-sided it is
The Millin wasnt under control and Carion is alive are ass-pull
It make episode felt a lot worse than what i expected it but it only ruin a bit of my enjoyment watching this series
its not asspull it’s hinted so much and if u can’t see that ur just dumb
Sep 14, 2021 11:04 PM

Jul 2016
Damn... like when you realize Milim is smart and can actually follow a plan. Biggest plot twist in TenSura ever!

Anyways, another average episode. Fight against Clayman was so one-sided it didn't have any impact at all. Not to mention I couldn't stop the cringe every time he thought he had the upper-hand against Shion. Seriously, what a disappointment of a villain...

So... are you telling me that Clayman awakening without having to kill Eurazania's refugees was always an option? And that Rimuru even anticipated this outcome? Okay.
Sep 14, 2021 11:14 PM

May 2015
I got bamboozled and by Milim of all people.
bruh
Sep 15, 2021 2:28 AM
Jul 2013
"Haha I was just trolling bro I wasn't being controlled".
"The gods gave me power now I am a demon lord".
Yeah... the writing is ass.
Sep 15, 2021 4:00 AM

Feb 2017
BromWalar said:
Lab_Rat_0978 said:

considering all the prep time rimuru has done until know, shion beating clayman with almost zero difficulty actually makes perfect sense

in light novel, its explained that out of rimuru's subordinates
shion is arguably the only one who got complete immunity againt mindhax/brainwash due to her being biologically mindless as a wicked oni, her skill perfect memory, also allows her to think with just her soul

brain is no longer necessary for her lmao

so what could clayman, the guy who relies heavily on mindhax/brainwash mumbo jumbo possibly do to someone like shion?

its all according to rimuru's keikaku,
everything is decided before the fight has even begun

its not the author's fault iF the anime decided to skip so many details like that isnt it? just saying

Well, it making sense or not is irrelevant to the point I was making. The point is there are no stakes and without them there is no tension. I just do not care about those battles when I know the result right away.

And Claiman was poorly constructed villain who was given some excuse for a backstory after him being defeated which is almost always lame. And Shion defeating him with that dumb skull of hers could have worked if they showed Claiman besting Rimuru in some way.

And to your last point. I am strictly speaking about the anime.

why would mention the author then? lol the author has nothing to do with the anime....its 8bit studio thats working on the anime, isnt it?

wdym "after him getting defeated?"

even in the anime, its been hinted multiple times that clayman has been suffered from inferiority complex since season 1, he's being warned by tear and clayman more than once. even yukki specially ordered clayman to lay low...to chillax but he's so blinded by his own ambition

when clayman was fighting shion...he even hesitated to call himself "a demon lord" he called himself as pierrot something... so deep down he knew that he's not worthy at all...

another thing is,
did you also miss the part that clayman has also been suffered from alcoholism since season 1? he literally spent most of his screentime drinking dat wine lol

ngl I'm not a Psychologist nor Psychiatrist but I'm fairly certain anyone thats suffered from alcoholism will definitely have a shitty life
Lab_Rat_0978Sep 15, 2021 4:13 AM
Sep 15, 2021 4:26 AM

Feb 2017
KanameYuuki said:
Lol at Veldora and Millim, those two are the best, and the faces of everyone going "oh yeah, I knew it was all a trick" haha.

Lab_Rat_0978 said:

considering all the prep time rimuru has done until know, shion beating clayman with almost zero difficulty actually makes perfect sense

in light novel, its explained that out of rimuru's subordinates
shion is arguably the only one who got complete immunity againt mindhax/brainwash due to her being biologically mindless as a wicked oni, her skill perfect memory, also allows her to think with just her soul

brain is no longer necessary for her lmao

so what could clayman, the guy who relies heavily on mindhax/brainwash mumbo jumbo possibly do to someone like shion?

its all according to rimuru's keikaku,
everything is decided before the fight has even begun

its not the author's fault iF the anime decided to skip so many details like that isnt it? just saying

Aw, I loved this episode and makes me a bit sad we anime only folk missed all of that info.

yep, everything is decided before the game has even begun

it kinda reminds me of how shiro sora from no game no life does all the time lol

prep time matters a lot
Sep 15, 2021 4:36 AM

Feb 2017
Armados said:
"Haha I was just trolling bro I wasn't being controlled".
"The gods gave me power now I am a demon lord".
Yeah... the writing is ass.

not really,
its been hinted since previous episodes that clayman planned to gather souls from the war againts the animal kingdom, ppl were dying and he did gain many souls

so he only used the souls he's been collected as power booster

thats why rimuru said that "its within his expectation"

its just...considering rimuru army didnt kill everyone, they took the rest of em as war prisoners instead...the amount of souls obviously never reached 20k...the minimum requirement for evolving into a true demon lord

clayman got sabotaged. he never stood a chance
Sep 15, 2021 4:40 AM

Dec 2020
Veldora shone in this episode. I was super amused by the phase with that kamehameha technique from Dragon Ball. Millim fooled us all, even fans can tell, I was really amazed to learn that she was not controlled by Clayman. Raphael's voice scared me when he reassembled Clayman! And I'm very curious who is the Japanese who pulls the strings: a kind of Mao ?? Looks like the next episode will be a Rimuru vs Clayman awakened? What I wanted was at least 1 minute more.
Sep 15, 2021 4:49 AM

Feb 2017
SouthRzVa said:
Damn... like when you realize Milim is smart and can actually follow a plan. Biggest plot twist in TenSura ever!

Anyways, another average episode. Fight against Clayman was so one-sided it didn't have any impact at all. Not to mention I couldn't stop the cringe every time he thought he had the upper-hand against Shion. Seriously, what a disappointment of a villain...

So... are you telling me that Clayman awakening without having to kill Eurazania's refugees was always an option? And that Rimuru even anticipated this outcome? Okay.

umm....did you miss the part that clayman's ppl were also like, dying? getting killed by rimuru army

Idk about you but if I were clayman, I would take all free souls no question asked
Sep 15, 2021 5:10 AM

Oct 2016
Clayman, a literal clown, working with clowns, out here getting clowned. Since Clayman's original nickname is Crazy Pierrot Clayman, dude's probably always been crazy and his elegant and dignified look is all just a mask or an act. The irony, when he ain't even wearing his mask.

Really great episode! Veldora really spammed hadouken lmao, so fucking based. As expected, Milim wasn't even controlled to begin with lmao. I really missed Milim, so it was good to have her normal self back. Carrion's disguise was so obvious that it was hard to believe, that lion mask probably had some aura hiding capabilities or something.

Damn, Clayman got that flashback power boost, or so he thought. Most of the isekai'd humans we've met really do be a bunch of ambitious assholes, except for Shizue and the kids. Fuck Yuki. Can't wait for the last episode, I hope a 3rd season announcement is also around the corner.
Sep 15, 2021 5:54 AM
Jan 2016
Fool Clayman, ridiculous, he's been trapped in his own trap, hahaha...that's why he's a Clown...didn't even need Rimuru's power to handle him...but I think Shion is extremely strong hahaha...and what can you do Clayman? Berserking like that...look at how many demon Lords in front of you...another ridiculous desperate moves...
Sep 15, 2021 5:59 AM

Mar 2012
Damm after all this build up, i was really happy to see that little shit head clayman get his ass pulverised, even if it is not yet over i still look forward to more of him getting beaten.

I sure as heck loved this episode and freakin loved the other manga references from 3x3 Eyes to Dragonballs Kamehameha.

I suspected that Milim might not have actually been brainwashed after rapheals reaction to the spell analysis and ruimuru cutting her off before she could explain.

one more episode to go.
Sep 15, 2021 6:01 AM

Aug 2017
Clayman gets his ass beaten easily by Shion lol. Milim not being controlled was kinda obvious.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 15, 2021 7:44 AM
Jan 2018
. There was a big hint with raptheal when it said it couldn’t detect a spell or any magic on milim when rimuru and her where fighting
Sep 15, 2021 7:55 AM

Nov 2012
I wonder how was Clayman's country created, if Yuuki Kagurazaka made him a Maou. That otherworlder from episode 20 doesn't seem to be particularly old, so from what was that Land of Puppets created? What was there before? Clayman's rather weak against Maous and their entourage.

It was a nice touch to add old Dragon Ball and Street Fighter references in Veldora's fight against Milim, who wanted to have some entertainment.

Ranga was envious of Rimuru holding the orange fox. That was funny.

Veldora is Milim's uncle it turns out. We saw already all four primordial colors I suppose.

Overall, I like the anime.
Sep 15, 2021 7:59 AM
May 2016
This was ass.

Milim faking (as if she could act and fake for that long given what we've seen of her character) Rimiru constantly cutting off Raphael so he and the audience don't know. Frey, Milim and whoever else was in on the "plan" not letting Rimuru know (aren't they besties? That got Shion and the others killed, and don't tell me it was part of their plan that Rimuru would become a Demon Lord and resurrect them). The lame never ending build up to these episodes. I hate this season it's so stupid.
I mean Clayman has been a Demon Lord for 300 years, and now oh I guess he never was a demon lord...huh? And he controlled other people like Myulan with a curse on their heart but Milim no, just a stone necklace so it could be faked 9_9 And really he never tried to make Milim do something he knows she wouldn't do to test whether she was really controlled?
None of this shit made sense.
Sep 15, 2021 8:14 AM

Jun 2020
Lab_Rat_0978 said:
BromWalar said:

Well, it making sense or not is irrelevant to the point I was making. The point is there are no stakes and without them there is no tension. I just do not care about those battles when I know the result right away.

And Claiman was poorly constructed villain who was given some excuse for a backstory after him being defeated which is almost always lame. And Shion defeating him with that dumb skull of hers could have worked if they showed Claiman besting Rimuru in some way.

And to your last point. I am strictly speaking about the anime.

why would mention the author then? lol the author has nothing to do with the anime....its 8bit studio thats working on the anime, isnt it?

wdym "after him getting defeated?"

even in the anime, its been hinted multiple times that clayman has been suffered from inferiority complex since season 1, he's being warned by tear and clayman more than once. even yukki specially ordered clayman to lay low...to chillax but he's so blinded by his own ambition

when clayman was fighting shion...he even hesitated to call himself "a demon lord" he called himself as pierrot something... so deep down he knew that he's not worthy at all...

another thing is,
did you also miss the part that clayman has also been suffered from alcoholism since season 1? he literally spent most of his screentime drinking dat wine lol

ngl I'm not a Psychologist nor Psychiatrist but I'm fairly certain anyone thats suffered from alcoholism will definitely have a shitty life

Well... there is also the author of the script, you know.

He was defeated and only after that you learn he was the weakest of the clowns and so on... he could have been build from the get go as weak but smart and it would be much more compelling.

He did, but as I said it was too late for that to make an emotional impact.

Alcoholism? It was shown he drinks but nothing like alcoholism or at least not some severe addiction. And shitty life... yea but I would need to see that life to have a reaction to it culminating in his demise.

All I am saying is that it is badly constructed story and character arc and therefore it is rings hollow in the end.
‘It may be admitted that if it were possible for us to have so deep an insight into a human's way of thinking, as it shows itself both through inner and outer actions, that every, even the least incentive to these actions and all external occasions which affect them, were so known to us, then his future conduct could be predicted as certainly as the appearance of a solar or a lunar eclipse.’ Critique of Practical Reason, p. 230 of the Rosenkranz.
Sep 15, 2021 8:17 AM
Jun 2020
actually, i become pissed when i came to know that milim was making everyone fool. but, it was when i was reading LN.even if it was for a good reason, i just hate it. same thing happened to me when i saw accel world. i like to know how milim will react if rimaru do the same on her. i just hate people do things on their back. after all everything comes down to feelings
Sep 15, 2021 9:04 AM

Nov 2011
God Veldora was the MVP of this episode. Holy lord using all those video game and anime moves was amazing. Idk who does Ryus voice but he sounded just like him.

Shion can take on a Demon King. Love to see it.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 15, 2021 10:29 AM

May 2018
I don't like how Milim was never controlled in the first place; I think there should have been some hints about this. But Veldora xD I can't take him seriously I can't stop laughing
Sep 15, 2021 11:35 AM

Aug 2019
Byniavo said:
I don't like how Milim was never controlled in the first place; I think there should have been some hints about this. But Veldora xD I can't take him seriously I can't stop laughing

The anime version didn't have time for everything so they had to cut a lot of stuff. Milim giving hints that she's not being controlled were cut.
In the anime she doesn't break character with a very surprised face when Veldore appears, she's expressionless instead here.
In the anime there's no scene with her squeezing her fists under the table while Clayman speaks and Frey noticing this.
Veldore notices that Milim is not being controlled by looking at her face. In the anime he just simply knows without any reason.
Sep 15, 2021 12:11 PM

Apr 2021
I wasn't expecting Clayman to be so pathetic honesltly. 2 seasons kinda building him up to be some master schemer, to then this?
Sep 15, 2021 12:41 PM
Mar 2015
Time to take out Clayman and move on the clowns
Sep 15, 2021 3:34 PM

Aug 2021
martin12165 said:
BromWalar said:

This show does not deserve the score it has. It should be like 7.5 and no more.

I disagree. So do most of the weebs who left a rating. I do agree that season 2 part 2 is probably the weakest of the series in terms of the story but it has maintained an 8.4 rating even tho first 6 or so episodes are not very interesting. The animation is good, the characters are wonderful and the story is ok. Idk what will happen in the future but I assume season 3 and beyond will get us more action.
It has maintained 8.4 rating, only because of sequel syndrome/effect.
Sep 15, 2021 3:54 PM

Jul 2012
Veldora is the supreme weeb. He tries to use anime/games moves and they actually work! lmao he's awesome
Sep 15, 2021 4:50 PM

Jul 2016
Lab_Rat_0978 said:
SouthRzVa said:

umm....did you miss the part that clayman's ppl were also like, dying? getting killed by rimuru army

Idk about you but if I were clayman, I would take all free souls no question asked

I'm gonna be honest, I never thought that could be an option. And if it was already established that a Demon Lord can awake by using souls that haven't died by his/her hand, then I missed it.
Sep 15, 2021 5:06 PM

Feb 2017
@BromWalar

there's a specific word for that, isnt there? the screenwriter? and I think the author and the screenwriter are still two different things anyways

He was defeated and only after that you learn he was the weakest of the clowns and so on... he could have been build from the get go as weak but smart and it would be much more compelling.

I think its more like, clayman is used to be stronger than rimuru and his monsters but.....everything changed when the falmuth nation attacked.....rimuru gets evolved into a true demon lord after devouring 20k of human souls remember? its also explictly stated that all the monsters under him get evolved as well. what do you expect? its not clayman's fault imo

well, whether audience feel something or not about clayman...I think it differs from person to person. as for me personally, I feel bad for him

Alcoholism? It was shown he drinks but nothing like alcoholism or at least not some severe addiction. And shitty life... yea but I would need to see that life to have a reaction to it culminating in his demise.

ever heard of "subtlety"?

the screenwriter went out of his/her way portraying clayman drinking dat wine in literally every chance he got on the screen you know? its so subtle and obvious at the same time... this is what we called, forshadowing is done right

how could you treat dozens of scenes clayman drinking dat wine as "nothing"? are you a dense MC from harem anime or something? lol just kidding
Sep 15, 2021 5:13 PM

Feb 2017
SouthRzVa said:
Lab_Rat_0978 said:

I'm gonna be honest, I never thought that could be an option. And if it was already established that a Demon Lord can awake by using souls that haven't died by his/her hand, then I missed it.

no, its not your fault...I just realize its the anime fault for skipping that information lol its actually explained in both manga and light novel tho

rimuru lied when he told benny that he must personally kill 20k of ppl,
he actually could use his subordinates to gather the souls for him
Sep 15, 2021 6:29 PM

Jun 2019
God, the plot twist that Milim wasn’t being controled is so brain-dead. What was even the point of it? Couldn’t she have killed Clayman whenever she wanted? What was the point of letting him wail on her and destroying the Beast Kingdom (and killing thousands of innocents in the process if I’m not mistaken)? To find out who’s controling him?? GTFO, you could just torture him for that.

The fight ended up being played for laughs, only it wasn’t funny. The music during the “comedy” scenes is horrendous and actively takes away from the humor.

I guess Clayman killed enough people to awaken as a Demon Lord too? Seems like bullshit that he killed 20,000 people and giving him credit for the kills of his underlings is a very slippery slope that ruins the system.

Some of the action with Shion was decent. Direction was a little confusing at times but they actually tried with the animation at least.
Sep 15, 2021 6:58 PM

Apr 2009
Black? Who's that? Oh I think this is going to take a while for Rimuru to realize one of his newest subordinate is one of the strongest demons. Heck Guy is actually the only True "Demon" Lord among those present in this episode, emphasis on the race not power.

So Yuuki is the "he" that gave Clayman the stone that's supposed to control Milim? So what does Yuuki want in all these? World domination?

Shion beating down Clayman was just plain bullying but I suppose Clayman had forgotten he was weak even among the Moderate Harlequin Alliance, the nominal title of Demon Lord must have gotten to his head. Well he's a True Demon Lord now and that's also according to plan, so let's get it on!
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Sep 15, 2021 7:19 PM
Jun 2007
One of the best ep so far.
Milim was pretended to be brain-controlled while Veldora came to the rescue however he just wanted more of his manga continuation from Rimuru~
Clayman was really weak but he got awaken. Shion and Beretta pwning asses!
Sep 15, 2021 8:40 PM

Feb 2017
@Blue_Maroon

God, the plot twist that Milim wasn’t being controled is so brain-dead. What was even the point of it? Couldn’t she have killed Clayman whenever she wanted?

yes, but actually no milim cant kill clayman cuz he's part of the demon lord club

ever heard of, you cant uphold the law by breaking the law?

everyone in the demon lord club is part the family, there's non agression pact among em and all conflicts must be discussed and decided through walpurgis meeting. the founders of the demon lord club (guy, milim and ramiris) who made those rules

What was the point of letting him wail on her and destroying the Beast Kingdom (and killing thousands of innocents in the process if I’m not mistaken)? To find out who’s controling him?? GTFO, you could just torture him for that.

to trick clayman into holding walpurgis meeting,
milim is planned to expose the fact that clayman has violated many rules of the demon lord club in front everyone. did you forget that walpurgis meeting must have at least 3 votes from the members of the demon lord club? clayman got bamboozled by frey and milim since the beginning

back in season 1, clayman used charybdis (frey and her bird clan natural enemy) to force her to do his bidding...thats putting the infamous necklace on milim. thats why frey hated clayman a lot so she made a deal with milim behind clayman's back

as for why milim still fought rimuru, she only did it for fun. she didnt expect rimuru would participate in walpurgis meeting too and its also a golden chance to test her BFF's new acquired power in front of everyone

why?

iF someone wants to join the demon lord club, theyre gonna need at least 2 votes from the active members after all
Lab_Rat_0978Sep 15, 2021 8:44 PM
Sep 15, 2021 9:01 PM

Jun 2019
Lab_Rat_0978 said:
@Blue_Maroon

God, the plot twist that Milim wasn’t being controled is so brain-dead. What was even the point of it? Couldn’t she have killed Clayman whenever she wanted?

yes, but actually no milim cant kill clayman cuz he's part of the demon lord club

everyone in the demon lord club is part the family, there's non agression pact among em and all conflicts must be discussed and decided through walpurgis meeting. the founders of the demon lord club (guy, milim and ramiris) who made those rules

What was the point of letting him wail on her and destroying the Beast Kingdom (and killing thousands of innocents in the process if I’m not mistaken)? To find out who’s controling him?? GTFO, you could just torture him for that.

milim is planned to expose the fact that clayman has violated many rules of the demon lord club in front everyone. did you forget that walpurgis meeting must have at least 3 votes from the members of the demon lord club? clayman got bamboozled by frey and milim since the beginning

back in season 1, clayman used charybdis (frey and her bird clan natural enemy) to force her to do his bidding...thats putting the infamous necklace on milim. thats why frey also hated clayman a lot, so she made a deal with milim behind clayman's back

as for why milim still fought rimuru, she only did it for fun. she didnt expect rimuru would participate in walpurgis meeting too and its also a golden chance to test her BFF's new acquired power in front of everyone

why?

iF someone wants to join the demon lord club, theyre gonna need at least 2 votes from the active members after all

1. Why is Clayman even considered a Demon Lord if he has never awakened as one? Do all the other Demon Lords just have to accept him as one? Because it seemed like none of the other Demon Lords respected him or thought he was powerful at all.

2: So the only way that a Demon Lord can be punished for breaking the non-aggression pact is if Walpurgis is called? If that’s the case, then Milim could’ve killed him whenever she wanted. When most of the Demon Lords thought Carrion was killed by Milim nothing happened. Are you really telling me 3 Demon Lords would have felt the need to call the meeting if Clayman was killed? And if violators can be punished without the meeting being called, then Clayman should’ve been punished for forcing Frey to do his bidding and attacking Rimuru without this whole charade.

3: Frey and Milim could’ve called Walpurgis by getting some evidence of his violations and using Rimuru’s connection with Carrion or Ramiris to call the meeting. Milim is his ally so I see no reason why he would refuse.
Sep 15, 2021 9:39 PM
Mar 2016
Blue_Maroon said:
Lab_Rat_0978 said:
@Blue_Maroon

back in season 1, clayman used charybdis (frey and her bird clan natural enemy) to force her to do his bidding...thats putting the infamous necklace on milim. thats why frey also hated clayman a lot, so she made a deal with milim behind clayman's back

why?

1. Why is Clayman even considered a Demon Lord if he has never awakened as one? Do all the other Demon Lords just have to accept him as one? Because it seemed like none of the other Demon Lords respected him or thought he was powerful at all.

2: So the only way that a Demon Lord can be punished for breaking the non-aggression pact is if Walpurgis is called? If that’s the case, then Milim could’ve killed him whenever she wanted. When most of the Demon Lords thought Carrion was killed by Milim nothing happened. Are you really telling me 3 Demon Lords would have felt the need to call the meeting if Clayman was killed? And if violators can be punished without the meeting being called, then Clayman should’ve been punished for forcing Frey to do his bidding and attacking Rimuru without this whole charade.

3: Frey and Milim could’ve called Walpurgis by getting some evidence of his violations and using Rimuru’s connection with Carrion or Ramiris to call the meeting. Milim is his ally so I see no reason why he would refuse.

1. Demon Lord isn't actually need to be evolved True Demon Lord, on this point
Ramiris also isn't one and she is consider "ancient demon lord" people just consider them Demon Lord because they call themselves one. All a powerful monster need to be demon lord is bring allow by "Guy Crimson" or "Milim" since those two are basically the strongest Demon Lord in that room.
Remember Milim once ask Rimuru if he is interest to be a Demon Lord? she basically scout Rimuru to join the rank even him not bring truth demon lord.

On another note... there're bring that isn't a true demon lord but still stronger or equal to current Rimuru in that room.

2. Nope.. Walpurgis is actually just a normal meeting of sort.. with only few rules like 2 attendant per Demon Lord and 3 demon lord is need to call for a Walpurgis ( hint why 3 Demon Lord ?) There is no rules of punishing someone.. it basically just a party or some discussion on world matter and they can even refuse the Walpurgis invitation unless Guy force them too.

Clayman just believe ( like everyone else ) that this Walpurgis is veryy serious gathering of Demon Lord... which in fact is nope... we just seen the meeting from the 1st timer Rimuru and Clayman perspective.

3. Milim just want to bait Clayman to spill the secret by himself.

mickbisSep 15, 2021 9:57 PM
Sep 16, 2021 1:31 AM

Jun 2010
Ah Pai and Yakumo.. those names really bring me back. T_T

Loved the episode which was full of references. I laughed when Veldora starting doing Hadouken and Shoryukens lmao.

Also did Clayman have a Raphael-like system? Hmm.. mayhap he is a reincarnated like Rimuru? Things are getting really interesting.. I'm now sad there is only one episode left.

Sep 16, 2021 2:07 AM

Oct 2008
Such satisfaction seeing Clayman being beaten to a pulp by Shion, now we need to see Clayman begging for his life! and asking for pity!
5/5.

Sep 16, 2021 3:26 AM

Apr 2012
What the hell happened to this show? Every buildup was wasted for comic relief. There used to be actual stakes involved but now it's all trivial. This episode felt more like an extension of the slime diaries.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Sep 16, 2021 4:12 AM

Aug 2020
LOL. Veldora-kun's Kamehameha and other attacks were so funny that he might even compete against Goku's kamehameha!!
Anime List: Click here
Manga List: Click here

Sep 16, 2021 6:39 AM

Jun 2020
Lab_Rat_0978 said:
@BromWalar

there's a specific word for that, isnt there? the screenwriter? and I think the author and the screenwriter are still two different things anyways

I think its more like, clayman is used to be stronger than rimuru and his monsters but.....everything changed when the falmuth nation attacked.....rimuru gets evolved into a true demon lord after devouring 20k of human souls remember? its also explictly stated that all the monsters under him get evolved as well. what do you expect? its not clayman's fault imo

well, whether audience feel something or not about clayman...I think it differs from person to person. as for me personally, I feel bad for him

ever heard of "subtlety"?

the screenwriter went out of his/her way portraying clayman drinking dat wine in literally every chance he got on the screen you know? its so subtle and obvious at the same time... this is what we called, forshadowing is done right

how could you treat dozens of scenes clayman drinking dat wine as "nothing"? are you a dense MC from harem anime or something? lol just kidding

1) oh yea? And the guy writing LN is novelist or light-novelist. Author means anybody who writes (and you could stretch the definition even further to all people who make any art).
2) The logic is irrelevant to my argument, as I have already said, the problem is the way it is presented and constructed is not engaging narratively. I never really said it does not make sense, just that it is not engaging.
3) That is subjective and that is fine. But objectively, defeating a villain with little to no background info then with only a few minutes explanation will have no emotional impact for most and that is when you try to see it objectively.
4) Yea subtlety, but there was nothing like that. Holding a glass of wine once in a while does not say it is alcoholism. A lot of people just drink in some reasonable amount. And to subtly show alcoholism would something like, looking at a glass and than at a family foto and than looking sad, but there was nothing like that.

About the screenwriter... his gold might have just been to make him look cool. Also, the guy only drinks wine which is a really weak drink; to portray alcoholism would require a lot more than having him having glass of wine in most scenes. Alcoholics you can call alcoholics would drink more, stronger beverages and it would dominate their life. THE POINT IS THAT HIS CASE IS NOT THAT OF A PROBLEMATIC DRUNKART. I do not use this card often nor am I happy too; but I know because my occupation is a psychologist (just so you do not dismiss me outright by saying I no nothing about it).

The supposed alcoholism has no impact on the character arc in any meaningful way anyway... so...
‘It may be admitted that if it were possible for us to have so deep an insight into a human's way of thinking, as it shows itself both through inner and outer actions, that every, even the least incentive to these actions and all external occasions which affect them, were so known to us, then his future conduct could be predicted as certainly as the appearance of a solar or a lunar eclipse.’ Critique of Practical Reason, p. 230 of the Rosenkranz.
Sep 16, 2021 10:57 AM

Apr 2016
Seems like this episode went about a little bit differently than the manga. Any LN readers here know which one is closer to the sauce? Anime or Manga?
Sep 16, 2021 1:57 PM

Apr 2016
I wish they didn't cut the best part of this scene when she told him she accepted the prompt of the mind control curse so he doesn't get suspicious if the curse didn't activate.

Sep 16, 2021 3:07 PM

Mar 2010
No one was really that worried when clayman awakened... but milim was cute asf can't lie.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 16, 2021 6:39 PM

Jun 2019
mickbis said:
Blue_Maroon said:

Ramiris also isn't one and she is consider "ancient demon lord" people just consider them Demon Lord because they call themselves one. All a powerful monster need to be demon lord is bring allow by "Guy Crimson" or "Milim" since those two are basically the strongest Demon Lord in that room.
Remember Milim once ask Rimuru if he is interest to be a Demon Lord? she basically scout Rimuru to join the rank even him not bring truth demon lord.

On another note... there're bring that isn't a true demon lord but still stronger or equal to current Rimuru in that room.

2. Nope.. Walpurgis is actually just a normal meeting of sort.. with only few rules like 2 attendant per Demon Lord and 3 demon lord is need to call for a Walpurgis ( hint why 3 Demon Lord ?) There is no rules of punishing someone.. it basically just a party or some discussion on world matter and they can even refuse the Walpurgis invitation unless Guy force them too.

Clayman just believe ( like everyone else ) that this Walpurgis is veryy serious gathering of Demon Lord... which in fact is nope... we just seen the meeting from the 1st timer Rimuru and Clayman perspective.

If everything you said is true then this was REALLY out of character for Milim. This would mean she broke her alliance with Rimuru to attack the Beast Kingdom and let Rimuru’s people be killed for no logical reason at all. Not to mention how she let Clayman hit her, curb stomp her and give her orders which is very much against her simple, straightforward nature. This is just a shitty twist that doesn’t make sense.
Sep 16, 2021 9:20 PM

Nov 2020
My memory may just be garbage but isn't this the first confirmation we have received about Milim being the dragon child who became a true demon lord after her pet dragon was killed
Sep 16, 2021 9:51 PM
Mar 2016
Blue_Maroon said:
mickbis said:

If everything you said is true then this was REALLY out of character for Milim. This would mean she broke her alliance with Rimuru to attack the Beast Kingdom and let Rimuru’s people be killed for no logical reason at all. Not to mention how she let Clayman hit her, curb stomp her and give her orders which is very much against her simple, straightforward nature. This is just a shitty twist that doesn’t make sense.

It in Milim charadcter, she is a simpleton who didn't think second by nature but can be cunning when she put her head in to her goal.

She is basically a selfish kid most of the time + muscle brain idiot.
tricking someone is Milim try hard mode.. her acting and stuff is something totally new.
mickbisSep 16, 2021 10:02 PM
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2021

249 by Alfredo-Sauce »»
May 18, 8:17 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2021

174 by Alfredo-Sauce »»
May 1, 5:44 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2021

125 by Alfredo-Sauce »»
Apr 28, 5:35 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2021

189 by Alfredo-Sauce »»
Apr 27, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 27, 2021

115 by Alfredo-Sauce »»
Apr 26, 3:45 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.